PDA

View Full Version : Brightest future?

Theschrems101
12-04-2012, 12:50 PM
What NBA teams have the brightest future over the next 5-7 years?
Things that need to be accounted for are youth, contracts, and future picks.
To not got with my HOMER pick the bulls (youngest MVP, future Bobcats pick, and rights toMirotic) I will picks the Cavs.
The Cavs have a nice core with Irving, waiters, Zeller, Thompson and Varejoe. They also will most likely get another top 5 pick this year. 23 million in cap space in next offseason where they can offer a max to J Smith.

LongIslandIcedZ
12-04-2012, 12:55 PM
I have a hard time generally picking against the BIg Market teams. Yes, small market teams have the ability to run their team well, but at the end of the day, it seems stars are flocking to stars.

Cavs look like their building their team up nicely, but whose to say Kyrie doesnt bolt to a NY/Boston/LA/Miami when the time comes.

Same with Davis and Love.

I hope it isnt the case, because parity is great for sports, but I think the big market teams will still be the best.

Theschrems101
12-04-2012, 12:57 PM
Irving has at least 6 years left with the cavs. remember you can match the first contract.

Lakers4life08
12-04-2012, 01:04 PM
Portland...they have young guys, Roy,Lilliard,Oden,Aldridge,Batum....they gonna win championship in 2017

Heediot
12-04-2012, 01:07 PM
Hornets if Gordon gets healthy and plays to his potential.

They have a potential superstar and defensive anchor in Davis.

A lot of nice young pieces as well. Aminu, Ryan Anderson, Rivers (although he's struggling right now), they'll probably add another lotto pick to the mix (PG or C unless they go BPA), and plenty of cap space.

knicks=love
12-04-2012, 01:09 PM
Portland...they have young guys, Roy,Lilliard,Oden,Aldridge,Batum....they gonna win championship in 2017

:eyebrow:

Melo15
12-04-2012, 01:12 PM
Outside of the Cavs I like the potential of the Hornets and really like what the Pistons are building.

Baller1
12-04-2012, 01:20 PM
Okc...?

Gators123
12-04-2012, 01:27 PM
As a Pistons fan, I like our future as long as Drummond can reach his potential. He has a chance to be Dwight Howard 2.0

Pair that up with Monroe who is a 16ppg, 10rpg, 3apg guy this year and hes only 22 years old and Brandon Knight, Kyle Singler, and lots of cap space, Pistons could be a really good team in a few years.

But the team with the brightest future has to be OKC. Durant and Westbrook are still only 24 and Ibaka is 23.

albertajaysfan
12-04-2012, 01:48 PM
As a Pistons fan, I like our future as long as Drummond can reach his potential. He has a chance to be Dwight Howard 2.0

Pair that up with Monroe who is a 16ppg, 10rpg, 3apg guy this year and hes only 22 years old and Brandon Knight, Kyle Singler, and lots of cap space, Pistons could be a really good team in a few years.

But the team with the brightest future has to be OKC. Durant and Westbrook are still only 24 and Ibaka is 23.

OKC- don't forget about the Raptors first rounder they have......fml :facepalm:
Chicago
Detroit

For some reason I have no faith in the Hornets. No idea why maybe Stern has forever tainted that franchise in my eyes I have no idea.

2-ONE-5
12-04-2012, 01:53 PM
homer pick is my Sixers. The way Holiday and Turner are developing this year has been great, both are putting up all-star numbers right now. Plus a ton of cap space to come too.

non homer i will say the Blazers. gotta like a team with an all-star big man in Aldridge and future all-star PG. If Batum can become more consistent they could be dangerous in the future.

valade16
12-04-2012, 02:01 PM

I hate your face. :(

MackSnackWrap
12-04-2012, 02:02 PM
OKC is still very young, Cavs, Portland.

MackSnackWrap
12-04-2012, 02:03 PM

Dafuq?

dalton749
12-04-2012, 02:14 PM
the raptors when terrence ross becomes the next kobe and valanciunas becomes hakeem

mjm07
12-04-2012, 02:26 PM
OKC and its not even close.

dhopisthename
12-04-2012, 03:16 PM
thunder and the heat. thunder have a longer window, but lebron's only 27 and bosh is only 28.

JasonJohnHorn
12-04-2012, 05:48 PM
I'm excited for Detroit to be honest... I think Drummond and Monroe are going to be a dominating front court. Plsu I expect them to get a high pick this year.

Also Minny... Love and Pek with Rubio?

OKC obviously.

Cavs have some potential.

As for the Bulls... I'm waiting on what I see out of Rose after this knee injury. I mean, we all know how tragic this kind of injuries can be, we've see some very talented, HOF players, who may have been in the conversation as top ten all time (like Grant Hill and Penny Hardway and a lesser extend T-Mac) fall to bad knee injuries. a lot hinges on what he will be able to do with his knee post surgery. I got my fingers crossed for him.

MIA and LAL have too many questions in the next couple of seasons... will Howard stay? Can LAL win now? if they do, how will LBJ respond if MIA fails to get another title before his contract is over?

topdog
12-04-2012, 06:05 PM
I'm going with the Jazz. Favors-Kanter frontcourt will be something to reckon with. Hayward is a pretty good young wing and Alec Burks has some potential too.

That is, taking "brightest future" as meaning a team which isn't already a contender making a serious impact... not sure if that's what was meant.

Sactown
12-04-2012, 06:06 PM
Not the Kings.

sep11ie
12-04-2012, 06:11 PM
Houston when they add another star.

AWC713
12-04-2012, 06:14 PM
im gonna go with the rockets...they are the youngest team in the league. literally. look it up.

omer asik is a bonafied starting center that will provide solid defense and solid rebounding.

they have a depth of young and promising power forwards with patrick patterson, terrance jones, donatas matiejunas, and even greg smith has been a great surprise in his limited role.

chandler parsons is proving to be one of the better young players in the league, and he's doing it with defense. he's long and big enough to guard 3's and 4's, and he's quick enough to guard 2's.

james harden is the stud of this group, and he's only 23.

jeremy lin isn't the linsanity of old, but he's a formidable PG for them...and he's young and growing.

most of all, they have a ton of capspace.

Faneik
12-04-2012, 06:16 PM
I'm excited for Detroit to be honest... I think Drummond and Monroe are going to be a dominating front court. Plsu I expect them to get a high pick this year.

Also Minny... Love and Pek with Rubio?

OKC obviously.

Cavs have some potential.

As for the Bulls... I'm waiting on what I see out of Rose after this knee injury. I mean, we all know how tragic this kind of injuries can be, we've see some very talented, HOF players, who may have been in the conversation as top ten all time (like Grant Hill and Penny Hardway and a lesser extend T-Mac) fall to bad knee injuries. a lot hinges on what he will be able to do with his knee post surgery. I got my fingers crossed for him.

MIA and LAL have too many questions in the next couple of seasons... will Howard stay? Can LAL win now? if they do, how will LBJ respond if MIA fails to get another title before his contract is over?

If I remember correctly, Grant Hill had severe ankle problems.

Regarding Rose, I really hope his athleticism doesn't take a step back.

Kings Faithful
12-04-2012, 06:24 PM
Not the Kings.

We freaking should have been. We should have been 2 years ago and we should be competing with the Thunders and Grizzlies by now. We had 2 amazing young players in Cousins and Tyreke and right then and there we should have started making trades, drafting players that FIT, and actually spending money in the FA to sign players...THAT FIT. Instead the Kings kept penny pinching making, losing in trades, and signing mediocre ball hogs that absolutely do not fit with our should've been stars. We should write a book on how NOT to rebuild a franchise.

I'm gonna go with the Blazers. Lilliards a boss and they actually can acquire talent to build around him.

Johann
12-04-2012, 06:31 PM

Oh man, don't forget Travis Outlaw and G.Wallace!

ChongInc.
12-04-2012, 06:46 PM
toronto is only a SF away. if they tank and get to keep their 1st rounder then they have a good young team locked up for a long time.

DumDum
12-04-2012, 08:42 PM
not the bobcats but Michael Kidd-Gilchrist has been ok has good size he can be a problem in a couple yrs

RipCity32
12-04-2012, 09:00 PM
What about Golden State?That backcourt of Curry and Thompson could develop into something great and Barnes looks like he has some good potential.