PDA

View Full Version : Watching the NBA around the world.

oballers
12-04-2012, 01:06 AM
I was thinking that since its often tough to catch a an NBA game when you are travelling abroad it might be cool to have a sticky which listed up places where people can go to see an NBA game when globetrotting on business or away on vacation.

This is most pertinent when you find yourself on the other side of the world during the playoffs.

Let me kick this off by offering Coast 2 Coast in Harajuku, Tokyo http://www.cst2cst.com/.

I have never been to this bar and I don't live in Tokyo anymore but when I did I went to a place called '23' (named after you know who). Its closed down now, so I was happy to find Coast 2 Coast during a search today and will certainly check it out during my next business trip to Tokyo.

Any other places around the globe you guys recommend?? in Europe? SA? Asia? etc?

Hellcrooner
12-04-2012, 01:17 AM
if your hotel is three stars or better in spain theres a good chance they pay for
canal+ thus you can see one game every night.

Bishnoff
12-04-2012, 01:38 AM
NBA League Pass Broadband.

oballers
12-04-2012, 01:50 AM

Does that come with happy hour beers?

I guess the point of this thread was to find out where locals and expats go when they want to check out an NBA game.

In my experience in Japan every sports bar focused on either local sports, soccer, rugby, baseball, golf, tennis etc... and basketball was an occasional and rarely consistent thing to see. So you would have to search out a place where the owner really loved basketball and paid for a league pass in order to see it.

In a city of 13 Mil people I know of only 1 place that fits that description its listed above.

I am wondering where NBA fans, in Croatia, Brazil, Argentina, France etc... go to catch a game. It be useful info for fans who are passing through and want to catch a game with the locals rather than sitting in their hotel room staring at a tiny lap top screen watching NBA broadband.

aztr0
12-04-2012, 08:37 AM
Firstrowsports. Google it.

JNoel
12-04-2012, 08:41 AM
This is a spam thread. Google it.

Celtics33
12-04-2012, 11:38 AM

I have this since I'm constantly out of town, it's good especially if you want to take the night off and just watch your team play.