PDA

View Full Version : Early Predictions: Who's your favorite to win the East?

Deezy3
12-03-2012, 05:11 PM
Top 8 Teams as of 12/3/12:

1. Miami Heat
2. NY Knicks
3. Brooklyn Nets
4. Milwaukee Bucks
5. Atlanta Hawks
6. Philadelphia 76ers
7. Chicago Bulls
8. Boston Celtics

Indiana and Charlotte right outside.

mightybosstone
12-03-2012, 05:14 PM
Do we really even need a thread for this? Everyone except the occasional delusional Knicks fan knows that it's the Heat. This thread will inevitably devolve into a shouting match between rational fans and Knicks fans which will bring happiness to no one.

It's the Heat. /thread

Big Zo
12-03-2012, 05:16 PM
Wizards

StarvingKnick22
12-03-2012, 05:17 PM
Do we really even need a thread for this? Everyone except the occasional delusional Knicks fan knows that it's the Heat. This thread will inevitably devolve into a shouting match between rational fans and Knicks fans which will bring happiness to no one.

It's the Heat. /thread

Why the **** do you think that every knick fan would think that way? Everybody knows its the heat. Just because the knicks are "The team to hate" doesn't mean we are all delusional.

SACNYY
12-03-2012, 05:19 PM
The Heat. ugh

Deezy3
12-03-2012, 05:20 PM
Don't be fooled into thinking the Heat are unbeatable.

mightybosstone
12-03-2012, 05:20 PM
Why the **** do you think that every knick fan would think that way? Everybody knows its the heat. Just because the knicks are "The team to hate" doesn't mean we are all delusional.

Dude. Reread my post. I said the "occasional" delusional Knicks fan. Occasional does not mean all Knicks fans. I am aware that there are rational, intelligent fans among every fan base and there are misinformed, ignorant fans among every fan base. However, because of the sheer number of Knicks and Lakers fans, there are far more ignorant fans of those teams than any other two fan bases on this site.

mightybosstone
12-03-2012, 05:21 PM
Don't be fooled into thinking the Heat are unbeatable.

They aren't unbeatable. Clearly they aren't, because they have lost three games. But anyone who doesn't think they're the favorite when healthy is insane. They just won an NBA championship, their bench and depth is superior from last season and there is less pressure on them to win now than there was the previous two years. Also, it's worth noting that while they didn't win a title in 2011, they did still win the Eastern Conference.

Deezy3
12-03-2012, 05:29 PM
They aren't unbeatable. Clearly they aren't, because they have lost three games. But anyone who doesn't think they're the favorite when healthy is insane. They just won an NBA championship, their bench and depth is superior from last season and there is less pressure on them to win now than there was the previous two years. Also, it's worth noting that while they didn't win a title in 2011, they did still win the Eastern Conference.

How long will D Rose be out?

jmoney85
12-03-2012, 05:30 PM
miami

Robbw241
12-03-2012, 05:31 PM
Should just change the thread title to: Type the word Miami and press Post Reply. They are by far the best team and I don't really see anyone taking them to 7 games, let along beating them.

StarvingKnick22
12-03-2012, 05:32 PM
Dude. Reread my post. I said the "occasional" delusional Knicks fan. Occasional does not mean all Knicks fans. I am aware that there are rational, intelligent fans among every fan base and there are misinformed, ignorant fans among every fan base. However, because of the sheer number of Knicks and Lakers fans, there are far more ignorant fans of those teams than any other two fan bases on this site.

That makes no sense. Though the population is higher, it doesnt mean the percentage of smart/ignorants change.

OneTuzSea
12-03-2012, 05:32 PM

Wait, the Knicks are the team to hate? I thought it was the Heat? I can never keep up.

Big Zo
12-03-2012, 05:35 PM
Wait, the Knicks are the team to hate? I thought it was the Heat? I can never keep up.

The Bobcats are the team to hate.

RonE Coleman
12-03-2012, 05:42 PM
Thread should be..."Outside of Miami, who has best chance to win the East"

OneTuzSea
12-03-2012, 05:45 PM
The Bobcats are the team to hate.

The Bobcats hate themselves enough as it is.

mike_noodles
12-03-2012, 05:54 PM
That makes no sense. Though the population is higher, it doesnt mean the percentage of smart/ignorants change.

Actually it made perfect sense. If 10% of all fans are delusional and the Knicks and Lakers each have 10k fans on here, then 1k will be delusional. If the Cats have 1k fans on here, then 100 fans would be delusional. Therefore there are more delusional Lakers and Knicks fans. That is assuming the rate of delusion stays the same or close to in each fanbase.

Reading comprehension and basic math are great tools.

JasonJohnHorn
12-03-2012, 05:57 PM
Why is everybody acting like the Heat are unbeatable?

That said, I think the team that will win the east this season will be which ever team can be the first to win 12 games in the post season.

jmoney85
12-03-2012, 06:01 PM

That said, I think the team that will win the east this season will be which ever team can be the first to win 12 games in the post season.

im pretty sure the thread was asking who the favorite was and not asking if miami was beatable

Dade County
12-03-2012, 06:30 PM
Rose needs to come back healthy, because the east doesn't look so pretty.

Wouldn't it be crazy, if rose did come back, and they made it to the ECF (but yes, Miami beats them... I'm a HEAT fan, what do you expect).

mightybosstone
12-03-2012, 06:37 PM

Lol. Dude, you're not getting it. I'm saying that because there are more fans of the fan bases on this site, there are naturally going to be more ignorant fans from those fan bases. It has nothing to do with percentages.

mightybosstone
12-03-2012, 06:40 PM

I don't think they're unbeatable, but I also don't think there's another team in the East which can legitimately beat them when healthy in a seven game series. They crushed the Bulls two years ago in the ECF and the only struggled in the conference last year because of Bosh's injury. But now Bosh is healthy, they're much deeper and their two biggest problems from the last two seasons (Chicago and Boston) aren't nearly as good or as deep.