PDA

View Full Version : Jordan Open to Charlotte Hornets

mrblisterdundee
12-03-2012, 10:57 AM
Michael Jordan said he's open to reverting the team back to the Charlotte Hornets (http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8693974/michael-jordan-open-hornets-name-back-charlotte). And Tom Benson, who bought the Hornets earlier this year, said he'd like to change the New Orleans Hornets' name and colors.
I for one think this would be great. If you're talking about a positive image change, than it's the logical move. The Charlotte Hornets have a decent image, unlike the completely soiled name of the Bobcats. If New Orleans wants to oblige, then why not?

JasonJohnHorn
12-03-2012, 10:58 AM
Good. Get this done!

NYKnickFanatic
12-03-2012, 10:59 AM
New Orleans should be the Jazz, Charlotte should go back to the Hornets, and Utah should be the ones finding themselves a new name, IMO.

JeffG20
12-03-2012, 11:05 AM
rather start new then go back to the Jazz....and i hope Benson sells the Hornets brand to Jordan.

yaswaggin
12-03-2012, 01:29 PM
Supposively jazz stated numerous times that they aren't selling their name

Hellcrooner
12-03-2012, 01:32 PM
well it NEVER made any sense to move the hornets to N.O and the next year giving charlotte a new team.

it should have been expansion team to N.O .

And hell yes i want the name hornets back to where it belongs.

GrkGawdofWalkz
12-03-2012, 01:46 PM
I don't know that New Orleans should change names with the Charlotte Bobcats, but changing the name in New Orleans would not be out of question. I always loved the Charlotte Hornets logo.

valade16
12-03-2012, 02:20 PM
The team-name hornets comes from the Militia regiment of the state during the Revolutionary War that was such a nuisance to the British that their general declared them a bunch of "hornets".

Truly awesome name that incoporates the history of the area, they should give it back.

richiesaurus310
12-03-2012, 02:29 PM
Hmm I just thought there were a lot of hornets in charlatte, isnt that area called the hornets nest?

Hellcrooner
12-03-2012, 02:31 PM
so, this may be the first and only poll ever to go 100% one answer ever?

abe_froman
12-03-2012, 02:40 PM
New Orleans should be the Jazz, Charlotte should go back to the Hornets, and Utah should be the ones finding themselves a new name, IMO.

this

but thats never going to happen,the utah jazz brand has took very well and thus will never change(just like la lakers)

TrueFan420
12-03-2012, 04:13 PM

Someone will say no just to be a smartass

JasonJohnHorn
12-03-2012, 04:27 PM

Changing Utah's name is out of the question. Utah has had that name for decades. There is a history attached to that name in Utah.

N.O., if they don't like their current name, but Utah should not be expected to cough up their name for the expansion team. Hell, NO already got the gift of the first overall pick handed to the new owner.

I have no problem with Charlotte going back to the Hornets if NO wants to change their name, but I don't have a problem with the name Bobcats either. If the team was winning there wouldnt be a negative conotation to that name.

As to why the league moved a team from Charlotte and then gave that city a second expansion team, I'll never know. There was an ownership group on Charlotte obviously that wanted the team. An expansion team should have been offered to NO. That fawked up.

Anyways, no reason why the Utah Jazz should have to cough up their name.

MadVillainZay
12-03-2012, 04:33 PM

i agree

JasonJohnHorn
12-03-2012, 04:42 PM

I spoiled that... sorry... I just felt bad for that side of the poll getting zero votes, but I honestly don't care either way

topdog
12-03-2012, 05:17 PM
Changing Utah's name is out of the question. Utah has had that name for decades. There is a history attached to that name in Utah.

N.O., if they don't like their current name, but Utah should not be expected to cough up their name for the expansion team. Hell, NO already got the gift of the first overall pick handed to the new owner.

I have no problem with Charlotte going back to the Hornets if NO wants to change their name, but I don't have a problem with the name Bobcats either. If the team was winning there wouldnt be a negative conotation to that name.

As to why the league moved a team from Charlotte and then gave that city a second expansion team, I'll never know. There was an ownership group on Charlotte obviously that wanted the team. An expansion team should have been offered to NO. That fawked up.

Yes, there would. The only reason that they are the Bobcats is because, then owner, Bob Johnson decided it would be cute if they were named after him. I can only assume that's why the 'Cats moniker on their jersey was adopted.

As far as Hornets, it would be cool for Charlotte to have the name back but I'd like to see them adopt new colors (instead of teal and purple) or maybe merge the Bobcat colors with the old logo/jerseys.

Mckphins
12-03-2012, 05:37 PM
I voted no, as I've always been hornets fan from a young age when I loved the name and logo. But if Charlotte gets that name back and I support them, I'm supporting a pretty rubbish team and I lose out on a potential great team that's in new Orleans now.

OneTuzSea
12-03-2012, 05:44 PM
I voted no, as I've always been hornets fan from a young age when I loved the name and logo. But if Charlotte gets that name back and I support them, I'm supporting a pretty rubbish team and I lose out on a potential great team that's in new Orleans now.

Wait... you're just following the name "Hornets" as your favorite team? That just seems kind of weird to me.

abe_froman
12-03-2012, 05:48 PM

calm.all he meant with that is that a team's name should have some relevance to the location.and utah has nothing to do with jazz(hell there's only one jazz radio station in the entire state and nobody listens to it)

StarvingKnick22
12-03-2012, 05:50 PM

:clap:

b_russ
12-03-2012, 05:56 PM
At least Salt Lake has an annual jazz festival. How may lakes are in Los Angeles again?

king4day
12-03-2012, 06:12 PM
I put 'no' because I read the poll wrong. I thought the question was if they should exchange names.
Both should change them for sure.

king4day
12-03-2012, 06:13 PM
At least Salt Lake has an annual jazz festival. How may lakes are in Los Angeles again?

Does that have anything to do with having an NBA team called the jazz or is it separate upon itself?

mikekhelxD
12-03-2012, 06:20 PM

Depends on what kind of lake and its vicinity. You might want to visit LA, and you'll see there are lakes here.

Anyway, I would be happy if they go back to the old design of the court too, around mid-late 90s. Who remember those?

TopsyTurvy
12-03-2012, 07:12 PM
Which team officially owns the Hornets legacy?

The Hornets or the Bobcats?

mrblisterdundee
12-03-2012, 08:07 PM
I don't know that New Orleans should change names with the Charlotte Bobcats, but changing the name in New Orleans would not be out of question. I always loved the Charlotte Hornets logo.

I'm saying they change their names, not exchange them. In terms of Utah, I'd say they should change their name to the Grizzlies or Rattlesnakes. There are plenty of bad-*** animals in Utah to choose from.

mrblisterdundee
12-03-2012, 08:10 PM
Depends on what kind of lake and its vicinity. You might want to visit LA, and you'll see there are lakes here.

Anyway, I would be happy if they go back to the old design of the court too, around mid-late 90s. Who remember those?

I still firmly believe that the Lakers should be renamed Entourage - even drop The from the title - or Last Action Heroes.

Heediot
12-03-2012, 09:39 PM

Minnesotta as the Lakers.

black1605
12-03-2012, 09:49 PM
Which team officially owns the Hornets legacy?

The Hornets or the Bobcats?

The Hornets.

KingOf215
12-04-2012, 02:32 AM
Utah has got to be the least Jazzy place in the USA.