PDA

View Full Version : Dwight Howard back to throwing teammates under the bus

Clippersfan86
12-03-2012, 04:35 AM
I've always said this guy is a douche, a terrible leader, a choke and somebody who blames everybody else but himself. Check out this douchy interview.

http://www.nba.com/video/games/lakers/2012/12/03/20121202-lal-howard-postgame.nba/index.html

All I hear is "My teammates need to do this better" "My teammates need to do this" "People need to do this". How about as the defensive anchor taking the blame for the defensive issues? Kobe for example isn't the one tasked with stopping players from getting 20 dunks and layups in the paint. Dude had ZERO accountability at all in this interview and was a complete prick to the interviewers.

Clippersfan86
12-03-2012, 04:39 AM
BTW both Kobe and Dwight have a habit of doing this. I wonder when they are going to go at each other's throats with this kind of stuff?

Saad
12-03-2012, 04:57 AM
I think you are trying to make something out of nothing to be honest. He never said "people" he said " We need to be better defensively, we need to play with more energy, the help side defense wasnt there, we need to trust each other."

Where are you getting him blaming others?

LAKERMANIA
12-03-2012, 04:57 AM
BTW both Kobe and Dwight have a habit of doing this. I wonder when they are going to go at each other's throats with this kind of stuff?

You should work for ESPN

Clippersfan86
12-03-2012, 05:00 AM
I think you are trying to make something out of nothing to be honest. He never said "people" he said " We need to be better defensively, we need to play with more energy, the help side defense wasnt there, we need to trust each other."

Where are you getting him blaming others?

Not once did he say "I" need to do a better job. Whether or not he said we or not doesn't make it better. There was ZERO accountability in that interview.

Greedy22
12-03-2012, 05:00 AM
I heard a lot we will and we need in there, didn't hear him throwing teammates under the bus :shrug:

Greedy22
12-03-2012, 05:01 AM
Not once did he say "I" need to do a better job. Whether or not he said we or not doesn't make it better. There was ZERO accountability in that interview.

There is no "I" in team, the team as a whole was atrocious tonight.

Clippersfan86
12-03-2012, 05:02 AM
There is no "I" in team, the team as a whole was atrocious tonight.

Listen to a CP3, Durant, Lebron interview. You'll hear a lot of accountability such as "I need to do a better job". If you can't see my point, stay in denial. We've seen it from him before enough times to where it's not surprising. BTW he did indirectly blame teammates when he made comments like "People need to help me on defense when I go for the block and pick up my man" etc.

GiantsSwaGG
12-03-2012, 05:04 AM
He won't be a Laker for long

Ebbs
12-03-2012, 05:06 AM
I'm eager to throw Dwight to the Wolves but you're reaching.

QueensG_718
12-03-2012, 05:08 AM
Dwight howard is soo overrated...he just looks like he doesnt care that much out there and his free throw shooting makes shaq look like ray allen at the line..

Greedy22
12-03-2012, 05:10 AM
They asked questions about the team and he answered about the team, when they asked questions about him he answered those with I. Nothing about denial, it's a non-issue and you're reaching.

Clippersfan86
12-03-2012, 05:11 AM
Surprised so many defend actions like this from a "superstar" "franchise player" and expected leader. It doesn't take a psychologist to see that he's taking no responsibility at all for his own sh** play lately but rather trying to spread the attention onto the entire team. A true leader FIRST acknowledges their own failures.

RonE Coleman
12-03-2012, 05:11 AM
I've always said this guy is a douche, a terrible leader, a choke and somebody who blames everybody else but himself. Check out this douchy interview.

http://www.nba.com/video/games/lakers/2012/12/03/20121202-lal-howard-postgame.nba/index.html

All I hear is "My teammates need to do this better" "My teammates need to do this" "People need to do this". How about as the defensive anchor taking the blame for the defensive issues? Kobe for example isn't the one tasked with stopping players from getting 20 dunks and layups in the paint. Dude had ZERO accountability at all in this interview and was a complete prick to the interviewers.

Arent you the same guy whose claims Blake is the best PF in the NBA? If thats the case then this thread sure makes a lot of sense as well.

Clippersfan86
12-03-2012, 05:13 AM
They asked questions about the team and he answered about the team, when they asked questions about him he answered those with I. Nothing about denial, it's a non-issue and you're reaching.

Actually not true. He was flat out called out for defense in the paint and the media hinted that easy dunks/layups were on him and he deferred yet again to "the team". When asked about his free throw shooting he gave a generic "just gotta keep shooting them" or something like that. Then when asked about his feelings about playing Orlando he shut down completely.

Clippersfan86
12-03-2012, 05:13 AM
Arent you the same guy whose claims Blake is the best PF in the NBA? If thats the case then this thread sure makes a lot of sense as well.

I've never called Blake the best PF, but nice swing and miss.

Evolution23
12-03-2012, 05:14 AM
LA is officially a Joke. At least they got the Clippers to hold the fort. CP3 = real leader.

shep33
12-03-2012, 05:17 AM
LA is officially a Joke. At least they got the Clippers to hold the fort. CP3 = real leader.

Not even 20% into the season and we're jokes? Not trying to be a **** but you can't call any team a joke if your sig indicates you cheer for a team with 1 playoff win in the past decade or so.

RonE Coleman
12-03-2012, 05:19 AM
I've never called Blake the best PF, but nice swing and miss.

I asked a question. Hence the Question mark

"swing and a miss" nice try

Clippersfan86
12-03-2012, 05:23 AM
I asked a question. Hence the Question mark

"swing and a miss" nice try

Please stop being a limpdick.

3ballbomber
12-03-2012, 05:23 AM
You are trying too hard to attack Howard here. Everything he stated was true. & you wouldn't be in such a good mood either if the media was in your face after a loss like this.

Clippersfan86
12-03-2012, 05:26 AM
You are trying too hard to attack Howard here. Everything he stated was true. & you wouldn't be in such a good mood either if the media was in your face after a loss like this.

Naw just not a fan of guys who are hyped as dominant and are expected to act like leaders and act like immature pricks. I'd love to hear him flat out say he could have made some free throws, played better defense etc. That's what most supposed top 5 players do in sports.

shep33
12-03-2012, 05:28 AM
This seems like a little bit of a reach

ThunderousDemon
12-03-2012, 05:30 AM

You can talk trash when and if the Knicks win a playoffs series, until then, GTFO.

3ballbomber
12-03-2012, 05:35 AM
your comments a joke. way premature. plus new players, new coach, new system, no nash.............

Pakman
12-03-2012, 05:41 AM
Ah clippers fans... I would react but I'll let you enjoy the lime light seeing as you don't get any ever.

silvTeg98
12-03-2012, 05:45 AM
why dont you worry about your own team

Clippersfan86
12-03-2012, 05:57 AM
I'm not discussing or criticizing the team so not sure why you guys are being confrontational. I'm calling out one player who deserves criticism.

RonE Coleman
12-03-2012, 06:31 AM
Please stop being a limpdick.

So you prefer the harddick, is that what you're saying?

2 baiting threads in a row, you'll prob get banned

YoungOne
12-03-2012, 07:24 AM
The biggest problem is, that he still bricks his free throws.

AsiandudePH
12-03-2012, 08:24 AM
Two threads against the Lakers or its player. How cute, Clipper fan. lol

sammyvine
12-03-2012, 08:27 AM

tbf kobe has won before so he has the cred to throw people under a bus.

dwight hasn't.

sammyvine
12-03-2012, 08:29 AM
Listen to a CP3, Durant, Lebron interview. You'll hear a lot of accountability such as "I need to do a better job". If you can't see my point, stay in denial. We've seen it from him before enough times to where it's not surprising. BTW he did indirectly blame teammates when he made comments like "People need to help me on defense when I go for the block and pick up my man" etc.

Yet two of those guys have never won anything.

Dwight howard is a c**t but CP3 and Durant can say ''I'' all they like, they still ringless like Howard.

YoungOne
12-03-2012, 09:14 AM
tbf kobe has won before so he has the cred to throw people under a bus.

dwight hasn't.

lol

I hope he throws you under the bus, since he is "allowed" to :D

benzni
12-03-2012, 09:23 AM
thanks Dwight for not coming to Brooklyn

diva

Hoffdollas60
12-03-2012, 09:48 AM
Dumd *** fn post

Greedy22
12-03-2012, 10:20 AM
Actually not true. He was flat out called out for defense in the paint and the media hinted that easy dunks/layups were on him and he deferred yet again to "the team". When asked about his free throw shooting he gave a generic "just gotta keep shooting them" or something like that. Then when asked about his feelings about playing Orlando he shut down completely.

Must've missed that...I heard the guy ask what was wrong with the team's defense in the 4th giving up 40 points and he pretty much blamed communication and said they'd work on getting better. What a horrible teammate, throwing his team under the bus. The dude got traded out of there and everyone knows the history, reporter was looking for a story to stir up and get attention, again who cares?

Lakers211221
12-03-2012, 10:33 AM

If Dwight uses "we," that includes himself moron.

JasonJohnHorn
12-03-2012, 11:04 AM
And how about his FT%? I mean, seriously... that is the difference in some of these games.

Im_in_Mia_bish
12-03-2012, 11:13 AM
LOL the ABC 2 channel wasnt scared to ask him questions lol howard got butthurt and said "im not answering questions from you"

lol night and day difference between lebron, bosh, and wade compared to kobe, howard, and gasol.

thats funny lol

BullsFTW
12-03-2012, 11:42 AM
Pau This, Pau That...How about you use Pau wisely...Dwight & Kobe keep complaining, but they're the problems themselves. Supposed to be Top 10 NBA Players. Share the damn ball.

BullsFTW
12-03-2012, 11:44 AM
At this rate, Lakers ain't going to touch the Grizzlies, Spurs, Clippers, and Thunder in the west.

AddiX
12-03-2012, 11:46 AM
Dwight is right about one thing, defensive rotations are non-existent right now. As a ny fan I know that's how mike d coaches, so I dont expect anything to change.

Dwight will be completely burned out in no time on this team. Mike d doesn't deserve this kind of roster, still boggles my mind they gave him this job after what we saw in ny.

Gram
12-03-2012, 11:53 AM
Would the Pistons accept a trade of Dwight for Monroe, Knight, Drummond and Maggette's expiring? Us, (the Lakers), should try to get something for him incase he leaves.

king4day
12-03-2012, 11:55 AM
I just watched the whole video. While he did indicate issues with other teammates, I don't think it was necessarily throwing anyone in particular under the bus. Lakers fans will need to answer this since I don't watch any of their games, but was he right? Was the help D really that bad? If so, did he overreact?

I thought he was being a dick about the Magic questions. He's going to get grilled by Orlando media about the same things when he plays there again. And I think they'll bring up his responses from last night then too. He clearly is tired of being asked questions but he doesn't' know how to handle it at all.

king4day
12-03-2012, 11:57 AM
Would the Pistons accept a trade of Dwight for Monroe, Knight, Drummond and Maggette's expiring? Us, (the Lakers), should try to get something for him incase he leaves.

That's too much by itself, but also too much if Howard refuses to sign an extension.
Detroit's bigs, IMO, will be more valuable to the Piston franchise than Howard would be. They'd lose too much depth.

Gram
12-03-2012, 11:59 AM
That's too much by itself, but also too much if Howard refuses to sign an extension.
Detroit's bigs, IMO, will be more valuable to the Piston franchise than Howard would be. They'd lose too much depth.

Lol bro I'm a Pistons fan, I still can't believe people take me seriously with those trades. :laugh2:

Greedy22
12-03-2012, 12:44 PM
Pau This, Pau That...How about you use Pau wisely...Dwight & Kobe keep complaining, but they're the problems themselves. Supposed to be Top 10 NBA Players. Share the damn ball.

So it's their fault Pau sits on the perimeter chucking up and bricking uncontested jumpers?

Hellcrooner
12-03-2012, 12:51 PM
So it's their fault Pau sits on the perimeter chucking up and bricking uncontested jumpers?

No, that would be Mr Pringles fault.

Greedy22
12-03-2012, 12:53 PM
No, that would be Mr Pringles fault.

I know, he's blaming the players though. If Pau's knees are as bad as he says I think he should sit out and get healthy. A healthy Pau is definitely needed for a deep playoff run.

Hellcrooner
12-03-2012, 01:00 PM
I know, he's blaming the players though. If Pau's knees are as bad as he says I think he should sit out and get healthy. A healthy Pau is definitely needed for a deep playoff run.

yeah, ive been saying that for a while.

i have also been saying dwight should be OUT of close games in the last minutes of the 4ht quarters so they cant hack him.

Greedy22
12-03-2012, 01:18 PM
yeah, ive been saying that for a while.

i have also been saying dwight should be OUT of close games in the last minutes of the 4ht quarters so they cant hack him.

Definitely agree, his free throw shooting is beyond atrocious. At those times I'd want Pau playing C with Jamison at the 4 spacing the floor out.

Frezhnitz
12-03-2012, 01:19 PM
howard sucks.

ee
12-03-2012, 01:38 PM
He's not feeling it in LA.... This isn't what he wanted.... But you're right, not a pro attitude..

yanksrock
12-03-2012, 03:18 PM
Nothing to see here..... move along.

LoveMeOrHateMe
12-03-2012, 03:22 PM

So your blaming all the dunks on Howard? Are u dumb? Howard always had to go help on the weak side because his teammates were always getting beat off the dribble there for his man was always open because nobody slipped over to cover his man, do u even know basketball?

Sactown
12-03-2012, 03:37 PM
Seems like he was saying they need to work on rotations more than blaming everyone else... seems like he was saying "this is what I do, and we need to adjust to what I do in the paint" The title made me think he was going to go all Kobe and start saying players suck..

yojoe792
12-03-2012, 03:51 PM
Either this dude is baiting or knows nothing about basketball. He's speaking on behalf of the entire team. Hes not doing anyone favors by taking the blame himself, because its a TEAM game. OP doesnt get it

YeaDat
12-03-2012, 06:15 PM
Should have got Phil!!!!!

tp13baby
12-03-2012, 06:22 PM
I don't know who is worse right now. Denver or LA...

AddiX
12-03-2012, 06:35 PM
I've seen mike d throw players under in la.

Seem kobe throw players under in la.

Never once seen Dwight or gasol throw anyone under the bus in la. Yet they get all the blame. WTF is wrong in that town?

BullsFTW
12-03-2012, 06:38 PM

Uh yea, may be they can do a bit of a high-low, and mix it around a bit. Pau is more effective when he's given to operate in the elbow and the low block. You notice how efficient he was with Odom opposed next to Bynum and Dwight.

DumDum
12-03-2012, 06:41 PM
He's hanging with Kobe too much

AIRMAR72
12-03-2012, 09:00 PM

They already had their moments in practice both guys are fake LEADERS quick to blame others over rubbish but the media refer to them as superstars and leaders

C-Style
12-03-2012, 09:05 PM
OP's dumbass agenda is so obvious