PDA

View Full Version : How long until Phil Jackson is the coach of the Lakers again?

LTBaByyy
12-03-2012, 01:45 AM
This season, next season, 2 or 3 years, 4 years or more

dnewguy
12-03-2012, 01:46 AM
May be too late, I heard D Howard has demanded a trade to the Magic.

LTBaByyy
12-03-2012, 01:47 AM
May be too late, I heard D Howard has demanded a trade to the Magic.

That was a joke by SportsNation twitter

Avenged
12-03-2012, 01:48 AM
never.

Ebbs
12-03-2012, 01:49 AM
Never?

Raps18-19 Champ
12-03-2012, 01:50 AM
Never.

tredigs
12-03-2012, 01:51 AM
You think he'd accept a job there again? Zero percent chance he would ever go back there after being embarrassed.

justinnum1
12-03-2012, 02:03 AM
maybe if they gave him full control gm/coach...and 15mil per year, and jim buss resigned

Lakers + Giants
12-03-2012, 02:04 AM
You think he'd accept a job there again? Zero percent chance he would ever go back there after being embarrassed.

Exactly.

DumDum
12-03-2012, 02:04 AM
The Lakers need Phil more than he needs the lakers

seikou8
12-03-2012, 02:05 AM
:horse:do the lt:dance:

amos1er
12-03-2012, 02:18 AM
Hopefully tomorrow. Jim Buss's horrible decision making has really screwed things up. D'Antoni is a great coach and all, but just not right for this team. A roster should reflect the teams strengths, and this roster is not right for D'Antoni. **** YOU JIMMY!!! BRING PHIL BACK!!!

LAKERMANIA
12-03-2012, 02:19 AM
Hopefully tomorrow. Jim Buss's horrible decision making has really screwed things up. D'Antoni is a great coach and all, but just not right for this team. A roster should reflect the teams strengths, and this roster is not right for D'Antoni. **** YOU JIMMY!!! BRING PHIL BACK!!!

Yeah because he's the only one making the decisions. :rolleyes:

LTBaByyy
12-03-2012, 02:37 AM
I don't think any coach in the world besides Jackson can control all the egos in the locker room

It's been proven since Jackson came to LA

The hack a Howard won't help the Lakers either, especially playoffs

At least Bynum made most of his free throws compared to Howard

amos1er
12-03-2012, 02:38 AM
Yeah because he's the only one making the decisions. :rolleyes:

Not hiring Phil was mainly his decision and everyone knows it. Ask Jeanie...ask Phil...ask Magic...ask Rambis...ask Shaw...ask Kobe...they will all tell you the same thing.

This is Jimmy's mess and he needs to swallow his pride and clean it up.

ROY 2 MVP Braun
12-03-2012, 02:59 AM
sad to say never will he be the lakers coach again i really wanted to see him there at least for the next 2 years to see what he could get done with this team and maybe just maybe send kobe into retirement with 7 rings....

LakersMaster24
12-03-2012, 03:00 AM
Not hiring Phil was mainly his decision and everyone knows it. Ask Jeanie...ask Phil...ask Magic...ask Rambis...ask Shaw...ask Kobe...they will all tell you the same thing.

This is Jimmy's mess and he needs to swallow his pride and clean it up.

Glad you asked all of them before making a statement.

LAKERMANIA
12-03-2012, 03:03 AM

:laugh:

b@llhog24
12-03-2012, 03:08 AM

Hey man, remember this thread? Thought you were a big 'Antoni supporter.

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?t=781177

LA>WORLD___KOBE
12-03-2012, 03:43 AM
we dont need phil.....his style of offense is much to old for this new era of basketball. Dantoni is doing great right now but dont forget that this offense is made to run around the point guard which we dont have playing yet....watch i swear all you guys will be dantoni fans once nash comes back...trust me as a season ticket holder

sharqstealth
12-03-2012, 03:44 AM
After disrespecting Phil like that, I don't think he'll coach the Lakers again...

PlezPlayDKnicks
12-03-2012, 03:53 AM
How about we see how the lakers do with a floor general first. Morris and Duhon suck

VinceCarter
12-03-2012, 03:58 AM
:pray: LTBaByyy isn't back to troll.

LAKERMANIA
12-03-2012, 04:05 AM
How about we see how the lakers do with a floor general first. Morris and Duhon suck

Thank you!

naps
12-03-2012, 04:05 AM
maybe if they gave him full control gm/coach...and 15mil per year, and jim buss resigned

Also, they will have to develop a time-machine so they can bring prime Michael Jordan to add on this roster. Without all these I don't see him coming back.

LAKERMANIA
12-03-2012, 04:06 AM
Also, they will have to develop a time-machine so they can bring prime Michael Jordan to add on this roster. With all these I don't see him coming back.
:confused: I don't get it.. Why Jordan?

naps
12-03-2012, 04:28 AM
:confused: I don't get it.. Why Jordan?

Just to emphasize the likelihood of Phil becoming a Lakers coach again. The chances of bringing a prime Jordan back today and Phil becoming Lakers coach again under Jim Buss are equal in my mind. (Never gonna happen). You took it literally? LOL

ThunderousDemon
12-03-2012, 04:40 AM
Meh

amos1er
12-03-2012, 06:24 AM
Hey man, remember this thread? Thought you were a big 'Antoni supporter.

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?t=781177

When did I say that???

amos1er
12-03-2012, 06:47 AM

Don't need to, I already know how they feel and don't pretend like you don't know either.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aE6uPJ5ucm0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBZb_X5qjMg

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/lakers/2012/11/12/rambis-says-it-should-be-jackson/1700823/

http://losangeles.sbnation.com/2011/11/1/2531510/los-angeles-lakers-brian-shaw-jim-buss-fallout-phil-jackson

http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon/2012/11/15/jerry-west-kareem-abdul-jabbar-lakers-dantoni/1707893/

http://lakersblog.latimes.com/lakersblog/2012/02/magic-johnson-on-lakers-.html

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1014465/6/index.htm

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ycn-8513331

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/story/17362549/kobes-frustration-a-reflection-on-lakers-deteriorating-front-office

KingPosey
12-03-2012, 07:19 AM
They would have to give him the farm, hat in hand. He felt disrespected with the way thugs happened.

benzni
12-03-2012, 09:26 AM
never

b@llhog24
12-03-2012, 11:06 AM
When did I say that???

It was implied when you were raving about how Kobe's stats were increased under the 'Antoni.

Sly Guy
12-03-2012, 11:08 AM

pretty much this. PJ was askin for it, but yeah, I don't see him ever going back. In fact, I don't see him ever returning to coach again. He's getting old, and I don't think he can wait for the next crop of superstars to build a superteam to return to coaching.

todu82
12-03-2012, 11:28 AM
Doubt very much Phil Jackson is a coach for the Lakers again.

king4day
12-03-2012, 11:32 AM
They gave D'Antoni too big a contract. Jackson won't be back unless they wanted to eat a huge portion of it. I still say, wait until Nash returns.

king4day
12-03-2012, 11:33 AM
'Never' should be an option but it's too late for it now.

NYKnickFanatic
12-03-2012, 11:48 AM
He wont be back.

John Walls Era
12-03-2012, 11:51 AM
Never. The new Buss won't hire him. Also isn't he banging the New Buss' sister?

Gram
12-03-2012, 11:51 AM
Never understood why thread about team staff was NBA discussion.

YeaDat
12-03-2012, 06:18 PM
Never, they had their chance and *****ted on him

Sssmush
12-03-2012, 07:31 PM
This season, next season, 2 or 3 years, 4 years or more

As I've mentioned, Phil's only path back to coaching the Lakers would take at least two years:

First, Jerry and Jim Buss have to sell the team to Sony or some other mega-corporation.

Then, that corporation has to bring MAGIC in as some kind of goofy Isaiah Thomas idiot GM. (This would require that they don't bring somebody like Kobe or Nash in to be the new face of the franchise, but choose to go with Magic, for whatever reason).

THEN, with Magic being the Lakers' Isaiah, Phil Jackson could be brought in. However old he may be by then, doesn't matter. Magic can roll Phil Jackson out for games, and they can try to relive that post-post-Showtime Laker Magic, all those magical seasons when Magic picked Lebron and Cleveland or Pierce and Boston to win the title but the Lakers won instead.

Phil might make it through a season or two, and then introduce his new fabulous coaching prodigy to take over... KURT RAMBIS!!

Like, we all knew that Rambis was a future hall of fame coach, but only Magic's plan can make it happen!!

Or, just toss all of that in the crapper, and let's say that Kobe+Dwight Nash and Danto'ni win the next two titles, and Jim Buss begins a 20 year career of running the Lakers, Phil Jackson NEVER coaches the Lakers again, and Magic can go **** himself.

mrblisterdundee
12-03-2012, 07:52 PM
It's pretty damn obvious at this point that the Lakers are better-suited for his triangle than Mike D'Antoni's run-and-gun.
I said it once and I'll say it again: No team coached by D'Antoni will ever win a championship.

Sssmush
12-03-2012, 10:34 PM
It's pretty damn obvious at this point that the Lakers are better-suited for his triangle than Mike D'Antoni's run-and-gun.
I said it once and I'll say it again: No team coached by D'Antoni will ever win a championship.

Jordan and Kobe, and to a lesser extent Shaq and Pippen, won those titles.

Phil Jackson is a fine coach, but it's tiresome to constantly hear about how "the Triangle" was responsible for all of those 11 championships.

If Phil had been coaching the New Jersey, the Knicks, Atlanta, Seattle, Minnesota or Milwaukee all those years he wouldn't have won a single championship, or if any he might've won just one.

So let's not get carried away with giving credit to Phil Jackson and the Triangle. It's well-known that the triangle offense isn't the best system, it's simplistic and non-optimal. It just worked in chicago and LA because they had fantastic hall of fame personnel, and because the coach really insisted on the system and got people to stick with a single plan.

It's flat wrong to say that Da'ntoni can't win in Los Angeles. He is an excellent coach. If Phil was back he'd be by far the oldest coach in the league, and he's already perpetually overrated.

HowFit
12-03-2012, 11:01 PM
never.

Ditto! And it's not even an option. Why is that?

HowFit
12-03-2012, 11:02 PM
Jordan and Kobe, and to a lesser extent Shaq and Pippen, won those titles.

Phil Jackson is a fine coach, but it's tiresome to constantly hear about how "the Triangle" was responsible for all of those 11 championships.

If Phil had been coaching the New Jersey, the Knicks, Atlanta, Seattle, Minnesota or Milwaukee all those years he wouldn't have won a single championship, or if any he might've won just one.

So let's not get carried away with giving credit to Phil Jackson and the Triangle. It's well-known that the triangle offense isn't the best system, it's simplistic and non-optimal. It just worked in chicago and LA because they had fantastic hall of fame personnel, and because the coach really insisted on the system and got people to stick with a single plan.

It's flat wrong to say that Da'ntoni can't win in Los Angeles. He is an excellent coach. If Phil was back he'd be by far the oldest coach in the league, and he's already perpetually overrated.

Nice sig...