PDA

View Full Version : Novak: Carmelo's The Best Player In NBA Right Now

Pages : [1] 2

Longhornfan1234
12-03-2012, 01:27 AM
"Carmelo Anthony heard chants of “MVP” from the Madison Square Garden crowd Sunday in a victory over the Phoenix Suns and Steve Novak echoed the sentiment.

"I think the way Carmelo’s been playing (pause), I mean he’s the best player in the league right now,” said Novak while discussing New York’s 18-1 home record under coach Mike Woodson.

Anthony acknowledged the cheers from the crowd, but also tried to put them into context.

“It’s good to hear,” said Anthony. “You can’t ignore it. I’m just taking it one day at a time that’s it. That’s my mindset, I’ve been saying it, and I’m going to continue saying that.”*"

http://network.yardbarker.com/nba/article_external/novak_melo_is_best_in_the_league_right_now/12347434

Thoughts?

seikou8
12-03-2012, 01:28 AM
here we go time to bash the knicks

justinnum1
12-03-2012, 01:30 AM
yea, about that...

b@llhog24
12-03-2012, 01:30 AM
I don't see a problem with what he said.

RonE Coleman
12-03-2012, 01:31 AM
yea, about that...

It took you 3 minutes to get into a thread about someone on the Knicks. Why am I not surprised? :facepalm:

29$JerZ
12-03-2012, 01:32 AM
It's his opinion.
Melo is actually playing very well so far.

So what?
Everyone knows LeBron is the best followed by Durant.
He;s sticking up for his teammate. Way to start a thread that just spells trouble.

RonE Coleman
12-03-2012, 01:33 AM
I bet Thabo would say Durant is...

I bet Chalmers would say Lebron is...

No problem with Novak saying Melo is, doesn't mean its true but hes certainly playing a top 5 player in the NBA this year.

Avenged
12-03-2012, 01:34 AM
Who cares. It's just his opinion and it's his teammate. Of course he has his back like that.

Jahari Kavi
12-03-2012, 01:35 AM
as his teammate he should say it...I've always been a Melo fan and I always felt like he's extremely underrated...people knock him for his lack of playoff success, but he has never had a good supporting cast outside of one year in Denver........With all this being said Bron and Durant > Melo

JNoel
12-03-2012, 01:36 AM
Nothing wrong with having confidence in your best player. There are many players better than Melo in the league currently, not including Westbrook.

Hawkeye15
12-03-2012, 01:38 AM
while I don't necessarily agree with his opinion, I have no problem with him stating it..

PlezPlayDKnicks
12-03-2012, 01:40 AM
If your name isn't Durant or Lebron you have nothing to say about this as of today. It's a long season. Let it play out

tredigs
12-03-2012, 01:41 AM

No problem with Novak saying Melo is, doesn't mean its true but hes certainly playing a top 5 player in the NBA this year.

Myself and the stats don't agree with this but he's definitely playing as well as I can remember. Top 10 is more fair to me and Novak is fine saying this even though obviously it is not true.

Baller1
12-03-2012, 01:41 AM
Fair enough. Nothing wrong with it except for the fact that it's not true, haha.

justinnum1
12-03-2012, 01:44 AM

chalmers would probably say he is the best player in the nba

tredigs
If your name isn't Durant or Lebron you have nothing to say about this as of today. It's a long season. Let it play out

Kobe, CP3, Duncan. These guys not only are proven to be better but are playing like it.

Knicks21
" No Carmelo is not the best player in the league right now, I enjoy watching Lebron, heck even Durant play. Those guys are sensational and Melo is not as good" - Steve Novak

What did you expect him to say?

NYKNYGNYY
I don't know why everything that has to do with the knicks gets a thread ...proknicksdaily.com

justinnum1
12-03-2012, 01:46 AM
" No Carmelo is not the best player in the league right now, I enjoy watching Lebron, heck even Durant play. Those guys are sensational and Melo as good" - Steve Novak

What did you expect him to say?

what was the question?

JOhnnyTHaJet
12-03-2012, 01:47 AM
I personally disagree, but I don't expect him to say differently.

RonE Coleman
12-03-2012, 01:50 AM
Myself and the stats don't agree with this but he's definitely playing as well as I can remember. Top 10 is more fair to me and Novak is fine saying this even though obviously it is not true.

What stats? The ones that clearly state Melo is leading the league in scoring per 48 minutes on a solid 47% shooting while leading his team to 2nd in the East right now.

The Knicks are crushing teams at home so hes constantly not even playing the 4th quarter in games. Scoring more points than Durant in 4 less minutes per game, just to put things in perspective.

His job on this Knicks team is to score the basketball, score the basketball some more, and then give a solid effort defensively.

The only people playing better than him are Durant and Lebron right now.

dnewguy
Knicks forum or i'll start posting what James Jones said about Lebron or Wade

Ebbs
This is the only correct answer at this time as a teammate.

I hate these threads what should he have said? "Nah actually fans are down right stupid, LeBron and Durant are both better.?"

meloman1592
12-03-2012, 01:51 AM
i think a lot of posters judge and bash melo based on his past...how many of you have actually watched him play this year. It's a major difference

RonE Coleman
12-03-2012, 01:51 AM
I don't know why everything that has to do with the knicks gets a thread ...proknicksdaily.com

You do realize the OP is not a Knicks fan though right?

RonE Coleman
12-03-2012, 01:53 AM
My God some posters are so dumb, just look at the OP before you wanna say something like "shouldnt this be in the Knicks forum" and then bash Knick fans.

Anji
12-03-2012, 01:57 AM
I don't see a problem with what he said.

Your sig is pure win. Lol

RangersMets
12-03-2012, 01:57 AM
I think this is the start of something special

Novak and Carmelo sitting in a tree

NYYCowboys
12-03-2012, 02:02 AM
Novak says the darndest things.

tredigs
12-03-2012, 02:06 AM
What stats? The ones that clearly state Melo is leading the league in scoring per 48 minutes on a solid 47% shooting while leading his team to 2nd in the East right now.

The Knicks are crushing teams at home so hes constantly not even playing the 4th quarter in games. Scoring more points than Durant in 4 less minutes per game, just to put things in perspective.

His job on this Knicks team is to score the basketball, score the basketball some more, and then give a solid effort defensively.

The only people playing better than him are Durant and Lebron right now.

Offensive rating, defensive rating, Win Shares, PER, TS%, etc. Stuff where those guys have Melo beat on every level and aren't doing it on limited production. They're all beasting. But you're right he's among the league leaders in scoring, though let's not act like he's doing it as efficiently as KD or even Kobe. TS% is what matters more with scoring to me, not FG% (tho' he's lower on both).

Not sure why you'd expect more than 35 minutes out of Melo though, that's how much he generally plays before he starts getting too winded. Been that way for the last few years.

RonE Coleman
12-03-2012, 02:09 AM
Offensive rating, defensive rating, Win Shares, PER, TS%, etc. Stuff where those guys have Melo beat on every level and aren't doing it on limited production. They're all beasting. But you're right he's among the league leaders in scoring, though let's not act like he's doing it as efficiently as KD or even Kobe. TS% is what matters more with scoring to me, not FG% (tho' he's lower on both).

Not sure why you'd expect more than 35 minutes out of Melo though, that's how much he generally plays before he starts getting too winded. Been that way for the last few years.

I didn't say he was playing better than Durant or Lebron, but those are the only 2 guys clearly outplaying him. Hes absolutely a top 5 player so far this season. His teams also 2nd in the East and a 1/2 game out of first.

RonE Coleman
12-03-2012, 02:17 AM

Ah the reason I don't buy into a lot of these stats is they can all be manipulated into something else.

Tyson chandler for instance is number 1 in the entire NBA in Offensive rating by a mile, no one is even close. Yes, you read that right. Tyson chandler whose only points come on put backs and dunks. Hes also 5th in Offensive win shares and 8th in Win shares overall and 1st in win shares over 48 min.

PlezPlayDKnicks
12-03-2012, 02:23 AM
Ah the reason I don't buy into a lot of these stats is they can all be manipulated into something else.

Tyson chandler for instance is number 1 in the entire NBA in Offensive rating by a mile, no one is even close. Yes, you read that right. Tyson chandler whose only points come on put backs and dunks. Hes also 5th in Offensive win shares and 8th in Win shares overall and 1st in win shares over 48 min.

Agreed. And while I don't totally have no beef with his Duncan and Kobe argument because they are playing out of control Melo is asked to do more without a second bonafide scorer. I give Melo a lot of **** 4 tanking last season on purpose to prove a point and for coasting. But you have to give credit when it's due and he deserves it

RonE Coleman
12-03-2012, 02:26 AM
Agreed. And while I don't totally have no beef with his Duncan and Kobe argument because they are playing out of control Melo is asked to do more without a second bonafide scorer. I give Melo a lot of **** 4 tanking last season on purpose to prove a point and for coasting. But you have to give credit when it's due and he deserves it

Idk if he was tanking as much as he just wasn't responding to Dantoni but no argument here, you may very well be right.

In the end I'm glad we have Woodson over Dantoni though, seems like a much better fit for this team and holds everyone accountable most of the time. Not afraid to rip into Melo either for defensive lapses.

Munkeysuit
12-03-2012, 02:46 AM
Melo is playing out of his mind right now...too bad Stoudemire is coming back.

Hawkeye15
12-03-2012, 02:48 AM

how are results being manipulated?

PlezPlayDKnicks
12-03-2012, 02:48 AM
Idk if he was tanking as much as he just wasn't responding to Dantoni but no argument here, you may very well be right.

In the end I'm glad we have Woodson over Dantoni though, seems like a much better fit for this team and holds everyone accountable most of the time. Not afraid to rip into Melo either for defensive lapses.

I'm not sure if its better or we just have no more scapegoats for failure. Either way as a Knicks fan I'm content so far.

PlezPlayDKnicks
12-03-2012, 02:52 AM

Think he's trying to say its clear Tyson is no clear offensive juggernaut like the stats indicate. LIke with everything else as an indicator it has to be taken with a grain of salt. Either way Melo being top whatever means nothing. That's personal accolades and I wanna see the Knicks win

Hawkeye15
12-03-2012, 02:54 AM
Think he's trying to say its clear Tyson is no clear offensive juggernaut like the stats indicate. LIke with everything else as an indicator it has to be taken with a grain of salt. Either way Melo being top whatever means nothing. That's personal accolades and I wanna see the Knicks win

Chandler's impact is easy to measure. He was the most important player for the Knicks last year, and is this year so far, individually.

Melo has started great. Lets see if he sustains it.

Kashmir13579
12-03-2012, 03:06 AM
Novak is the best shooter in the NBA lol

Kashmir13579
12-03-2012, 03:08 AM

You don't buy into ORtg because you clearly don't understand it or know how to use it. It should come as no surprise Chandler leads the league in ORtg.

Kashmir13579
12-03-2012, 03:09 AM
Chandler's impact is easy to measure. He was the most important player for the Knicks last year, and is this year so far, individually.

Its still early. He had one amazing game that swayed his stats, but he had a slow start and Kidd and 'Melo actually have a case over him imo.

Greedy22
12-03-2012, 03:11 AM

They don't favor his argument.

b@llhog24
12-03-2012, 03:13 AM
Your sig is pure win. Lol

:bow:

topdog
12-03-2012, 03:17 AM
Not to bash Knicks or the thread; but, like people have said, it's a current teammate. Chris Paul was getting MVP chants the other night and I'm sure that if you asked Caron Butler he'd say Paul was the best player.

My general opinion is that people should let the season play out before obsessively trying to promote or denigrate teams/players for this year's performance (not saying the OP is, but we've had a lot of Melo threads lately). That is, unless you don't believe it will last :eyebrow:

Chronz
12-03-2012, 03:20 AM

Tyson chandler for instance is number 1 in the entire NBA in Offensive rating by a mile, no one is even close. Yes, you read that right.
Why are you saying it as if its a shock? You clearly dont understand Off.RTG. Its like telling us we are suppose to be surprised that he leads the league in FG%. We know it comes in limited attempts, thats why we look at his overall usage in conjunction with his offensive rtg. When you do that, Melo comes up short compared to the truly elite.

Tyson chandler whose only points come on put backs and dunks. I know you may not respect what he brings but putbacks are actually a low% shot, and there is considerable value in having someone who can save a possession with an offensive rebound and finish. Dunks are the most efficient shots in basketball so you want those.

And hes the most efficient PnR diver in the game.

Hes also 5th in Offensive win shares and 8th in Win shares overall and 1st in win shares over 48 min.

Yes, winshares overrate efficiency but it provides a nice contrast to usage driven stats. Doesnt make it irrelevant, its nice to see role players like Tyson and Battier shine in some quantifiable way.

RonE Coleman
12-03-2012, 03:22 AM

How is Tyson Chandler #1 when it comes to anything that has to do with offense?

Chronz
12-03-2012, 03:23 AM

Hasnt he been this good for awhile?

PlezPlayDKnicks
12-03-2012, 03:26 AM
Why are you saying it as if its a shock? You clearly dont understand Off.RTG. Its like telling us we are suppose to be surprised that he leads the league in FG%. We know it comes in limited attempts, thats why we look at his overall usage in conjunction with his offensive rtg. When you do that, Melo comes up short compared to the truly elite.

I know you may not respect what he brings but putbacks are actually a low% shot, and there is considerable value in having someone who can save a possession with an offensive rebound and finish. Dunks are the most efficient shots in basketball so you want those.

Yes, winshares overrate efficiency but it provides a nice contrast to usage driven stats. Doesnt make it irrelevant, its nice to see role players like Tyson and Battier shine in some quantifiable way.

Sorry, if you actually watch Tyson daily you'd know he's not very efficient as a pick n roll diver. Passes have to be damn near perfect for him. This is why I say stats are a bit misleading. He drops or mishandles so many passes but with the high rate that we run the pick n rollhe gets his numbers. Up until recently he's been invisible on both sides of the floor.

Kashmir13579
12-03-2012, 03:28 AM
Sorry, if you actually watch Tyson daily you'd know he's not very efficient as a pick n roll diver. Passes have to be damn near perfect for him. This is why I say stats are a bit misleading. He drops or mishandles so many passes but with the high rate that we run the pick n rollhe gets his numbers. Up until very recently he's been invisible on both sides of the floor.

Agree, but he's had two mega games that boosted the crap out of his stats. Its still early to be buying into the numbers.

RonE Coleman
12-03-2012, 03:30 AM

I know you may not respect what he brings but putbacks are actually a low% shot, and there is considerable value in having someone who can save a possession with an offensive rebound and finish. Dunks are the most efficient shots in basketball so you want those.

I understand it fine, it just does not hold any relevance for me. I also understand that put backs are extremely efficient but they are contingent on the shot that was put up beforehand. I understand how you get these numbers they just do not hold much weight for me. It didn't take any of these numbers to realize how good Michael Jordan or players before him were.

In depth stats are clearly for some people just not for me. You have your opinion, I have mine

RonE Coleman
12-03-2012, 03:31 AM

Justinum1 with a dupe account? Was there a limit once you hit 50,000 posts or something? :confused:

PlezPlayDKnicks
12-03-2012, 03:32 AM

No questioning that. Melo didn't start playing until Dantoni got fired. But this year Tyson has been garbage. He just started turning it around a week ago. His defense was worse than his offense which is saying something. But I agree, we win nothing without him

Hawkeye15
12-03-2012, 03:32 AM
How is Tyson Chandler #1 when it comes to anything that has to do with offense?

gee, I don't know, his TS%, offensive ratings, and any other efficiency measure are off the charts for going on 3 years now...

RonE Coleman
12-03-2012, 03:33 AM
gee, I don't know, his TS%, offensive ratings, and any other efficiency measure are off the charts for going on 3 years now...

All that is fine and good but what happens when you give him the ball on the low block and tell him to score?

Gibby
12-03-2012, 03:33 AM
I dont agree with him but i dont have a problem with him saying this. Melo is the best player on a team with one of the best records in the league. I think if he wants to win the mvp, the knicks need to have a better record than okc and miami but i dont see that happening.

I think Durant will win the MVP. He is averaging career highs in reb, ast, sts, blks, fg%, 3pt%. His numbers are almost on par with lebron. Lebron is the best player but durant has improved from last year so the voters will look at that.

Hawkeye15
12-03-2012, 03:37 AM
No questioning that. Melo didn't start playing until Dantoni got fired. But this year Tyson has been garbage. He just started turning it around a week ago. His defense was worse than his offense which is saying something. But I agree, we win nothing without him

Tyson has been garbage?

Not buying it.

Kashmir13579
12-03-2012, 03:38 AM
All that is fine and good but what happens when you give him the ball on the low block and tell him to score?

Why is that relevant?

Kashmir13579
12-03-2012, 03:39 AM
Tyson has been garbage?

Not buying it.

He actually had a rough start to the season dude. He put up a couple mega games the last week.

Buckwheat
12-03-2012, 03:40 AM
I understand it fine, it just does not hold any relevance for me. I also understand that put backs are extremely efficient but they are contingent on the shot that was put up beforehand. I understand how you get these numbers they just do not hold much weight for me. It didn't take any of these numbers to realize how good Michael Jordan or players before him were.

In depth stats are clearly for some people just not for me. You have your opinion, I have mine

haha, what?

Kashmir13579
12-03-2012, 03:41 AM

Does it not matter that MJ is the alltime leader or close to it for many of these stats? And no you don't understand ORtg, or you wouldn't have made the Chandler reference.

PlezPlayDKnicks
12-03-2012, 03:41 AM
Tyson has been garbage?

Not buying it.

Trust me. He has been invisible early.

RonE Coleman
12-03-2012, 03:48 AM
Does it not matter that MJ is the alltime leader or close to it for many of these stats? And no you don't understand ORtg, or you wouldn't have made the Chandler reference.

I do understand it, which is why I'm telling you It does not hold any weight for me. I major in Finance, I work with numbers all day I understand how all the numbers come about. I just choose not to use them as much as others. That does not mean I know any more or less than another person just that I do not value them as much.

And no it does not matter that he is close to the top in all these categories, Im saying it is easy to appreciate his greatness without knowing any of the stats.

RonE Coleman
12-03-2012, 03:49 AM
haha, what?

Are you dumb or just illiterate?

RonE Coleman
12-03-2012, 03:50 AM
Tyson has been garbage?

Not buying it.

Defensively, he is right. Not up to his standards compared to last year at all but it is still early.

Kashmir13579
12-03-2012, 03:53 AM
I do understand it, which is why I'm telling you It does not hold any weight for me. I major in Finance, I work with numbers all day I understand how all the numbers come about. I just choose not to use them as much as others. That does not mean I know any more or less than another person just that I do not value them as much.

And no it does not matter that he is close to the top in all these categories, Im saying it is easy to appreciate his greatness without knowing any of the stats.
If you understood it, you would not be fascinated or surprised with Tyson leading the league in ORtg. End. Of. Story.

You were caught red handed, and because of your lack of understanding, you don't even realize it.

NBAfan4life
12-03-2012, 03:54 AM
I'm kind of surprised Novak would say this.

PlezPlayDKnicks
12-03-2012, 03:57 AM
Tyson's entire offense is totally dependent on others creating his opportunities . I understand what Rone is trying to say . So while the numbers don't lie you aren't ever featuring Chandler when u really need a basket.

RonE Coleman
12-03-2012, 03:58 AM
If you understood it, you would not be fascinated or surprised with Tyson leading the league in ORtg. End. Of. Story.

You were caught red handed, and because of your lack of understanding, you don't even realize it.

I absolutely understand it, im telling you it does not matter to me because Tyson chandler should not be anywhere near the top of any offensive stat. Im using him as an example.

It has to do with the amount of points produced per 100 pocessions. It doesn't take a genius to figure that out. I'm just telling you THAT IS WHY the stat means nothing for me

RonE Coleman
12-03-2012, 04:01 AM
Tyson's entire offense is totally dependent on others creating his opportunities . I understand what Rone is trying to say . So while the numbers don't lie you aren't ever featuring Chandler when u really need a basket.

This is exactly what I am saying. He has to rely on others to create for him no matter the circumstance. On the pick and roll he gets the ball rolling to the hoop within dunking distance for him or he throws down a missed shot. These are both good for the team but Im saying the "stat" in itself does not do much for me. I can use my eyes and tell his put backs and dunks are important to the team, I don't need a stat to tell me why his numbers are that efficient.

b@llhog24
12-03-2012, 04:02 AM

I absolutely understand it, im telling you it does not matter to me because Tyson chandler should not be anywhere near the top of any offensive stat. Im using him as an example.

It has to do with the amount of points produced per 100 pocessions. It doesn't take a genius to figure that out. I'm just telling you THAT IS WHY the stat means nothing for me

By itself its misleading which is why we factor in his USG rate.

RonE Coleman
12-03-2012, 04:02 AM
Im not trying to be a dick or anything, im just saying I do not value these advanced stats as much as others do.

Kashmir13579
12-03-2012, 04:04 AM

YOUR EXAMPlE PROVES YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND THE STAT

RonE Coleman
12-03-2012, 04:09 AM
YOUR EXAMPlE PROVES YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND THE STAT.

No you just do not understand my side of the argument. What I am saying is basically there is no need for the stat. If you watched Carmelo and Lebron each for like 100 games you would still be able to tell that Lebron is better. I do not need to rely on stats for that.

In Melos instance, his numbers are always going to look worse than other elite guys because of what he is asked to do for the Knicks right now. If he doesn't put up 20 shots and 30 points the chance that we win will most likely decrease.

QueensG_718
I dont know if melo is number 1 in the league right now but what i do know is that this man is BEASTING and can score at will. He can dominate at any game at any time. He has the best footwork of anyone in the league and he is carrying the knicks to a great record and great season. He gets buckets!

b@llhog24
Im not trying to be a dick or anything, im just saying I do not value these advanced stats as much as others do.

That's fine but if you're goin to use stats (I noticed you said Melo was leading the league in scoring shooting 47%) why would you choose the inferior model of the two?

LAKERMANIA
12-03-2012, 04:11 AM
while I don't necessarily agree with his opinion, I have no problem with him stating it..

I feel the same way

b@llhog24
12-03-2012, 04:13 AM
YOUR EXAMPlE PROVES YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND THE STAT.

No you just do not understand my side of the argument. What I am saying is basically there is no need for the stat. If you watched Carmelo and Lebron each for like 100 games you would still be able to tell that Lebron is better. I do not need to rely on stats for that.

In Melos instance, his numbers are always going to look worse than other elite guys because of what he is asked to do for the Knicks right now. If he doesn't put up 20 shots and 30 points the chance that we win will most likely decrease.

Well that's obvious, but what about Chris Paul up Dwill? You may say that watching the games you would end up comin to the conclusion that Cp3 is better than Dwill but what if someone else says that they also watch the games say that Dwill is better? You just settle for a stalemate?

PurpleJesus
12-03-2012, 04:13 AM
****ing Knicks fans.

RonE Coleman
12-03-2012, 04:15 AM
That's fine but if you're goin to use stats (I noticed you said Melo was leading the league in scoring shooting 47%) why would you choose the inferior model of the two?

Because that is what he is asked to do for the Knicks. We need him to score points, we have no true #2 option on this team right now that can get 20 a night consistent basis (ie. Wade, WB, Griffin, Duncan/Parker depending who you consider #1, etc.)

47% is not that much different than Durants 50% when you consider Durant has the wingspan of a small airplane.

b@llhog24
12-03-2012, 04:18 AM

Because that is what he is asked to do for the Knicks. We need him to score points, we have no true #2 option on this team right now that can get 20 a night consistent basis (ie. Wade, WB, Griffin, Duncan/Parker depending who you consider #1, etc.)

47% is not that much different than Durants 50% when you consider Durant has the wingspan of a small airplane.

You kind off missed my point though, lookin at FG% you'd think that KG is a better scorer than Dirk.

RonE Coleman
12-03-2012, 04:19 AM
Well that's obvious, but what about Chris Paul up Dwill? You may say that watching the games you would end up comin to the conclusion that Cp3 is better than Dwill but what if someone else says that they also watch the games say that Dwill is better? You just settle for a stalemate?

I don't mean over a game or 2. If you watch a ton of games youd notice that Dwill does tend to chuck up a ton of unnecessary shots, something Cp3 rarely does.

Most of the time people are going to believe what they want to believe no matter what you say anyways.

RonE Coleman
12-03-2012, 04:21 AM
You kind off missed my point though, lookin at FG% you'd think that KG is a better scorer than Dirk.

I can see what you are saying, someone who doesn't watch basketball and just looked at the FG% between dirk and Kg would come to that conclusion. But Im not speaking for them, Im speaking for myself who spends hours watching basketball a day.

naps
12-03-2012, 04:34 AM
So what? A role player is claiming his superstar teammate and franchise cornerstone is the best in the league specially when he's been playing really well. Don't we hear it multiple times every year from different players?

javaid64
12-03-2012, 04:41 AM
well understand this as to why melo percentages aren't higher...when the shot clock is under 10 seconds...most of the time his teammates will pass to him for them to bail him out...forcing him to take low percentages shots.....when he is not in the game the offense gets so stagnant.....he is essentially out entire offense in term of him scoring and attention he gets....kobe lebron wade etc have scorer next to them which melo doesnt have the luxury of...and melo does get alot hockey type assists which arent measured.

stats don't take into account the many variables which aren't quantifiable that support the my claim that he is alot better than what his stats show

QueensG_718
12-03-2012, 04:50 AM
well understand this as to why melo percentages aren't higher...when the shot clock is under 10 seconds...most of the time his teammates will pass to him for them to bail him out...forcing him to take low percentages shots.....when he is not in the game the offense gets so stagnant.....he is essentially out entire offense in term of him scoring and attention he gets....kobe lebron wade etc have scorer next to them which melo doesnt have the luxury of...and melo does get alot hockey type assists which arent measured.

stats don't take into account the many variables which aren't quantifiable that support the my claim that he is alot better than what his stats show

Great post! Hes definately a better player then his numbers show. I never really been a numbers guy. I let my eyes convince me.

GiantsSwaGG
12-03-2012, 05:01 AM
Why are posters on Melo's d**k? Let LaLa handle that :laugh2:

Kashmir13579
12-03-2012, 07:37 AM

No. You're talking **** right now.

JasonJohnHorn
12-03-2012, 08:22 AM
No, I totally think Novak is completely unbiased in this matter. It's not like he plays for the Knicks or something.

Seriously... Novak is not the first player I'd go to and ask who the best player in the league is.

chrisf975
12-03-2012, 08:41 AM
No. You're talking **** right now.

Aren't you a knicks fan? From Your posts in this thread it doesn't seem as if you've watched a game all season.

xxplayerxx23
12-03-2012, 10:13 AM
How could anybody say Tyson is garbage :facepalm: No problem with Novak saying that, Lebron and durant are better and maybe Paul so far. Only16 games lets see Melo keep it up. Knicks playing great, Very happy about the start.

king4day
12-03-2012, 10:19 AM
It's debatable but I'd still put Lebron ahead. Probably Durant as well.
If it was someone that wasn't on the Knicks who said this, it would actually be a big deal. People saying Novak isn't a big enough name to have his opinion count, simply wants to rip him and the Knicks. He plays with Melo. It doesn't matter if he's the ballboy.

I Rock Shaqs
12-03-2012, 10:22 AM
It's debatable but I'd still put Lebron ahead. Probably Durant as well.
If it was someone that wasn't on the Knicks who said this, it would actually be a big deal. People saying Novak isn't a big enough name to have his opinion count, simply wants to rip him and the Knicks. He plays with Melo. It doesn't matter if he's the ballboy.

Halo 4 Campaign was awful.

NYKnickFanatic
12-03-2012, 10:36 AM
Nothing wrong with what Novak said. Is it true? Of course not, but it is his opinion.

JiffyMix88
12-03-2012, 10:44 AM
Omg a knicks player saying another knicks player is the best in the league!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Y am i so surprised by this!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!

Im_in_Mia_bish
12-03-2012, 10:48 AM
teammates sticking up and praising their own, nothin new here.

MWP said kobe was the best player in the nba than durant and lebron wasnt top 5 according to him lol

teammates stick up for their own.

Ill21
12-03-2012, 10:54 AM
Knicks forum or i'll start posting what James Jones said about Lebron or Wade

Please

Quietmoney
12-03-2012, 10:59 AM
Put Durant in front of Melo on the court and Melo will destroy him and thunder will lose the game. Durant has no chance at guarding Melo what so ever! Melo could score fifty on Durant if he was single covered by him. And we already saw what happened to the Heat earlier this year. Melo ended their chances of winning in the first quarter. Teams have to constantly send help to the players guarding him. Melo doesn't need to come off a screen or rely on the teams ability to find him. You can give him the ball and just watch him go to work. Can't say the same for Durant.

Quietmoney
12-03-2012, 11:04 AM
You guys try and downplay what Melo's doing right now and it's just sickening! You take two starters and another rotational player from either Lebron's team or Durant's and they would not have the record the Knicks have. And the Knicks has had the hardest schedule to date. You guys need to stop with all the advanced stats crap! Melo is the most dominating player in the league right now and it ain't even close.

JdKing7
12-03-2012, 11:08 AM
No problem supporting a teammate and his confidence.

JiffyMix88
12-03-2012, 11:09 AM
You guys try and downplay what Melo's doing right now and it's just sickening! You take two starters and another rotational player from either Lebron's team or Durant's and they would not have the record the Knicks have. And the Knicks has had the hardest schedule to date. You guys need to stop with all the advanced stats crap! Melo is the most dominating player in the league right now and it ain't even close.

Melo is playing well and is a good reason y the Knicks are playing so well. He's a top 10 player but he's not the best in the league.

Geez Idk how you Knicks fans are able to breathe with all the hot air you guys keep sucking in from boosting up your own players.

SteBO
12-03-2012, 11:13 AM
Put Durant in front of Melo on the court and Melo will destroy him and thunder will lose the game. Durant has no chance at guarding Melo what so ever! Melo could score fifty on Durant if he was single covered by him. And we already saw what happened to the Heat earlier this year. Melo ended their chances of winning in the first quarter. Teams have to constantly send help to the players guarding him. Melo doesn't need to come off a screen or rely on the teams ability to find him. You can give him the ball and just watch him go to work. Can't say the same for Durant.

Regular season....16 games. Slow it down there man. We need to see if he can sustain it, and how he reacts to adversity, say should his shot fall off. Just because you refuse to understand advanced stats, doesn't mean they don't hold any credence.

In saying that, there's nothing wrong with what Novak said here. Even if it isn't true, you gotta stick behind your teammate.

ackar
12-03-2012, 11:13 AM
As of right now its a valid argument. Melo could be considered the best at this moment in the NBA.

Quietmoney
12-03-2012, 11:17 AM
Melo is playing well and is a good reason y the Knicks are playing so well. He's a top 10 player but he's not the best in the league.

Geez Idk how you Knicks fans are able to breathe with all the hot air you guys keep sucking in from boosting up your own players.

Never said he was the best and neither was Derrick Rose when he won the MVP. But Rose was on a bulls team with no real number 2 option and they had the best record in the league. 60 wins and a average over 24 ppg will put you in the runnings. The Knicks should win 60 games this year, they still have room for improvement and they have been playing pretty darn good. And that's with the second scoring option and the lock down defender out of the line up. Even Kidd who was a starter has missed three games and we still went 2-1 with only the overtime loss to the nets.

Quietmoney
12-03-2012, 11:19 AM
Regular season....16 games. Slow it down there man. We need to see if he can sustain it, and how he reacts to adversity, say should his shot fall off. Just because you refuse to understand advanced stats, doesn't mean they don't hold any credence.

In saying that, there's nothing wrong with what Novak said here. Even if it isn't true, you gotta stick behind your teammate.

But we all know that Novak was just stating the facts. And he's already facing adversity because 2 starters haven't even played a game yet and the Knicks are still winning by the biggest margin in the NBA.

Quietmoney
12-03-2012, 11:26 AM
Just looked at the Thunder's schedule for November and the only really good team they beat was the clippers. You guys have to be kidding me! They might have the easiest schedule in the league so far.

Quietmoney
12-03-2012, 11:28 AM
Thunder's November schedule:

Team Schedule
Season:
Nov
DATE OPP RESULT TICKETS
REGULAR SEASON
Thu 1 @SAS L 86-84
Fri 2 POR W 106-92
Sun 4 ATL L 104-95
Tue 6 TOR W 108-88
Thu 8 @CHI W 97-91
Fri 9 DET W 105-94
Sun 11 CLE W 106-91
Mon 12 @DET W 92-90
Wed 14 MEM L 107-97
Fri 16 @NOR W 110-95
Sun 18 GSW W 119-109
Wed 21 LAC W 117-111 OT
Fri 23 @BOS L 108-100
Sat 24 @PHI W 116-109 OT
Mon 26 CHA W 114-69
Wed 28 HOU W 120-98
Fri 30 UTH W 106-94

If the Knicks had that schedule, they'd have one loss!

bucketss
12-03-2012, 11:28 AM
quietmoney, be quiet.

bucketss
12-03-2012, 11:30 AM
Thunder's November schedule:

Team Schedule
Season:
Nov
DATE OPP RESULT TICKETS
REGULAR SEASON
Thu 1 @SAS L 86-84
Fri 2 POR W 106-92
Sun 4 ATL L 104-95
Tue 6 TOR W 108-88
Thu 8 @CHI W 97-91
Fri 9 DET W 105-94
Sun 11 CLE W 106-91
Mon 12 @DET W 92-90
Wed 14 MEM L 107-97
Fri 16 @NOR W 110-95
Sun 18 GSW W 119-109
Wed 21 LAC W 117-111 OT
Fri 23 @BOS L 108-100
Sat 24 @PHI W 116-109 OT
Mon 26 CHA W 114-69
Wed 28 HOU W 120-98
Fri 30 UTH W 106-94

If the Knicks had that schedule, they'd have one loss!

thats funny cause you guys lost to dallas and houston.. and theres a few teams there better than those teams

Quietmoney
12-03-2012, 11:32 AM
Knicks November

Fri 2 MIA W 104-84
Sun 4 PHI W 100-84
Mon 5 @PHI W 110-88
Fri 9 DAL W 104-94
Tue 13 @ORL W 99-89
Thu 15 @SAS W 104-100
Fri 16 @MEM L 105-95
Sun 18 IND W 88-76
Tue 20 @NOR W 102-80
Wed 21 @DAL L 114-111
Fri 23 @HOU L 131-103
Sun 25 DET W 121-100
Mon 26 @BKN L 96-89 OT
Wed 28 @MIL W 102-88
Fri 30 WAS W 108-87

When you guys wanna talk about who's doing what, strength of schedule has to come into play.

Quietmoney
12-03-2012, 11:33 AM
thats funny cause you guys lost to dallas and houston.. and theres a few teams there better than those teams

We were on the road on a west coast trip. That makes a big difference.

Quietmoney
12-03-2012, 11:34 AM
quietmoney, be quiet.

I'm not be Quiet this season! We have a focused Melo and this team is only gonna get better.

Quietmoney
12-03-2012, 11:37 AM
10 of the 14 wins for OKC came from teams that are currently .500 or below. That is saying nothing!

Quietmoney
12-03-2012, 11:39 AM
The Knicks have only played 5 teams that are .500 and under.

JordansBulls
12-03-2012, 11:41 AM
I like Melo and all but he certainly is not the best player in the NBA. He can only have a case if he wins league mvp and goes on to win the title this year.

Quietmoney
12-03-2012, 11:45 AM
I like Melo and all but he certainly is not the best player in the NBA. He can only have a case if he wins league mvp and goes on to win the title this year.

No one says he's the best, but he's playing like the MVP right now. It's a difference. The best player doesn't have to win the MVP it's the circumstances of the team and record of the team to go along with the individual statistics.

bucketss
12-03-2012, 11:49 AM
hey quiet .. you smoking that loud?

Gram
12-03-2012, 11:51 AM
Nice compliment from his teammate but by no means is it true.

RonE Coleman
12-03-2012, 11:53 AM

What does this even mean? Try English next time:facepalm:

Gram
12-03-2012, 11:55 AM

Go post in the Knicks forum.

Quietmoney
12-03-2012, 11:55 AM

Nah.. I'm high off all w's from the so called teams that was supposed to beat us. :facepalm::facepalm:

RonE Coleman
12-03-2012, 11:56 AM

Never post again. For the sake of everyone

Quietmoney
12-03-2012, 11:56 AM

You mad??

Gram
12-03-2012, 11:57 AM
Never post again. For the sake of everyone

If I made a poll asking who's posts people liked better between you and I, I would win by a landslide.

Don't act like you make good posts.

Gram
12-03-2012, 11:58 AM
You mad??

LOLLLL wtf is this? Where did it imply that I was mad? :facepalm:

Go love yourself some more Melo and don't ruin the NBA forum more than it has to be. :facepalm:

bucketss

you can't be serious with your life? please tell me you're joking?

Gram
Nah.. I'm high off all w's from the so called teams that was supposed to beat us. :facepalm::facepalm:

Knicks fans... :pity:

RonE Coleman
12-03-2012, 12:02 PM
If I made a poll asking who's posts people liked better between you and I, I would win by a landslide.

Don't act like you make good posts.

Sure sounds like a cry for attention if you ask me. You want to be liked on an Internet forum, lame.

Quietmoney
12-03-2012, 12:02 PM

When it was the off season coming into the season, I had to listen to everyone say how the Knicks weren't that good and how Carmelo is not a leader and that we would be barely over .500 I heard it in here as well as ESPN. Now that they are just the opposite, everyone is gonna hear me until all of you acknowledge that you guys were wrong.

Quietmoney
12-03-2012, 12:03 PM
LOLLLL wtf is this? Where did it imply that I was mad? :facepalm:

Go love yourself some more Melo and don't ruin the NBA forum more than it has to be. :facepalm:

NBA forum needs more Knick fans! :facepalm:

RonE Coleman
12-03-2012, 12:03 PM

Zelda fans, or whatever the **** your avatar is. Are you 7?

Gram
12-03-2012, 12:06 PM
Sure sounds like a cry for attention if you ask me. You want to be liked on an Internet forum, lame.

Yeah, because being a university student who's never been happier in his life sure makes me want attention on an internet forum. :rolleyes:

When it was the off season coming into the season, I had to listen to everyone say how the Knicks weren't that good and how Carmelo is not a leader and that we would be barely over .500 I heard it in here as well as ESPN. Now that they are just the opposite, everyone is gonna hear me until all of you acknowledge that you guys were wrong.

Small sample size, wait til Stoudemire comes back and wait til the end of the season before gloating your ****.

NBA forum needs more Knick fans! :facepalm:

The only Knick fans I ever liked are Kipp, SLY, knicks=love, NYKnickFanatic and Ill21. If there are any more that aren't homers and make good posts in this forum, then there is no need for any more.

Gram
12-03-2012, 12:07 PM
Zelda fans, or whatever the **** your avatar is. Are you 7?

I'm taking a step back to my childhood and it feels fantastic. Do you even remember your childhood or has your homerism blinded you from everything else from besides the Knicks?

Lol RonE.

Ill21
12-03-2012, 12:09 PM
But im a Knicks fan :(

Quietmoney
12-03-2012, 12:10 PM
[QUOTE=Gram;24559908]Yeah, because being a university student who's never been happier in his life sure makes me want attention on an internet forum. :rolleyes:

Small sample size, wait til Stoudemire comes back and wait til the end of the season before gloating your ****.

Just kills me how everyone knows that Amare is gonna mess things up. I know one thing, the league better pray that he doesn't get incorporated because it could get real ugly.

RonE Coleman
12-03-2012, 12:14 PM
I'm taking a step back to my childhood and it feels fantastic. Do you even remember your childhood or has your homerism blinded you from everything else from besides the Knicks?

Lol RonE.

Fail, good try though Zelda fanboy. How can I be a homer when I don't believe melo is the best player in the nba or that the knicks are Better than the heat. Saying there the number 2 team in the east does not make me a homer, it's simply a fact right now.

And what does University campus even mean? I'm guessing your not American. University of what

BklynKnicks3
12-03-2012, 12:33 PM
Melo has been the 2nd best player in the nba dating back to the entire last month of last season. I tried to teach psd this for the whole summer maybe they will belive it from Novak. Loving it thoe #3tothedome

justinnum1
12-03-2012, 12:35 PM
Melo has been the 2nd best player in the nba dating back to the entire last month of last season. I tried to teach psd this for the whole summer maybe they will belive it from Novak. Loving it thoe #3tothedome

:laugh:

BklynKnicks3
12-03-2012, 12:36 PM
:laugh:

SAS 'Lebron does not want any part of Melo he is a scoring machine' Lmao hate all u want

justinnum1
12-03-2012, 12:40 PM
SAS 'Lebron does not want any part of Melo he is a scoring machine' Lmao hate all u want

whatever helps you sleep at night bro

BklynKnicks3
12-03-2012, 12:42 PM
whatever helps you sleep at night bro

i dont think about this when i sleep but iam sure lebrons mom helps delonte sleep lmao

JiffyMix88
12-03-2012, 12:59 PM

that actually is English maybe you should learn some ebonics

BSplaya2121
12-03-2012, 01:06 PM

Well I would imagine that you have not watched one Knick game this year, sometimes its more about stats. Melo has stepped up his play, being a leader that he should be on defense, working hard, and making smart plays. This is what he needed to do to propel him into that top 5 category. Its sometimes not about the stats, he is making everyone else around him better which is the point of an MVP. Also he is 3rd in the league in scoring lol.

Celtics33
12-03-2012, 01:19 PM
I don't see a problem with what Novak said I mean as a teammate and especially with the success the Knicks are having this year, this just shows how much confidence Melo's teammates have in him

Quietmoney
12-03-2012, 01:23 PM
Well I would imagine that you have not watched one Knick game this year, sometimes its more about stats. Melo has stepped up his play, being a leader that he should be on defense, working hard, and making smart plays. This is what he needed to do to propel him into that top 5 category. Its sometimes not about the stats, he is making everyone else around him better which is the point of an MVP. Also he is 3rd in the league in scoring lol.

Correction... He's #2 in scoring. He's behind Kobe who's team is under .500

metsbulls1025
12-03-2012, 01:25 PM
Steve Novak trolling the NBA forum.

Da Knicks
12-03-2012, 01:35 PM
let the truth set you free Novak!

He115ing
12-03-2012, 02:26 PM
Why is Durant considered automatically to be better than Melo? Melo has a better all around game than Durant. He rebounds better, he has a post game, he shoots the three just as well if not better, he is more clutch. He is older, but still in his prime.

NYYCowboys
12-03-2012, 02:31 PM
Why is Durant considered automatically to be better than Melo? Melo has a better all around game than Durant. He rebounds better, he has a post game, he shoots the three just as well if not better, he is more clutch. He is older, but still in his prime.

Durant is better. Not really even close.

Quietmoney
12-03-2012, 03:00 PM
Durant is better. Not really even close.

There both scorers, Durant is more efficient but Melo is the better all around scorer. The one problem I have with Durant is that he plays off of others when it should be the other way around when your the super star player. Can't really give him the ball and get out of his way. He needs ball screens, picks and other player movement to get off.

QueensG_718
12-03-2012, 03:12 PM
I hate how people automatically rate durant better then melo. What makes him better besides efficiency? Everything else melo owns durant on. People always bash melos defense as if durants is any better. Durants defense is horrid. Get your head out your *** and stop hatin on melo...

Gram
12-03-2012, 03:16 PM
Fail, good try though Zelda fanboy. How can I be a homer when I don't believe melo is the best player in the nba or that the knicks are Better than the heat. Saying there the number 2 team in the east does not make me a homer, it's simply a fact right now.

And what does University campus even mean? I'm guessing your not American. University of what

University of Guelph, and lol - fanboy? Because I pulled outta game I haven't played in like 12 years? :laugh2: Why don't you just go get banned again? :laugh2:

Gram
12-03-2012, 03:17 PM

I said recently that you're one a the four or whatever Knick fans that I like ahha.

Sactown
12-03-2012, 03:55 PM
He should be saying that, they're playing at a high level and it would be a dick move to be like "Nope, still not top 10" lol.. It's a good sign to see players showing respect for your star player.

LOOTERX9
12-03-2012, 04:04 PM
Why is praise that a teammate says of a player even taken so seriously? It would have more merit coming from a player from another team. Or even coming from Amare lol

dee279
12-03-2012, 04:09 PM
He good. Cant be denied.

LOOTERX9
12-03-2012, 04:11 PM
Oh and as well as melo has played I still would trade him for Durant with no hesitation. Durant is just way more athletic. Both are excellent scorers but I think Durant's style is compatible with more types of team offenses than melo's style. Durant can still be effective sharing floor with another dominant ball handler while melo has shown he's not as effective with another top player on the floor

NYKnickFanatic
12-03-2012, 04:15 PM
Yeah, because being a university student who's never been happier in his life sure makes me want attention on an internet forum. :rolleyes:

The only Knick fans I ever liked are Kipp, SLY, knicks=love, NYKnickFanatic and Ill21. If there are any more that aren't homers and make good posts in this forum, then there is no need for any more.

:dance:

RonE Coleman
12-03-2012, 04:22 PM
University of Guelph, and lol - fanboy? Because I pulled outta game I haven't played in like 12 years? :laugh2: Why don't you just go get banned again? :laugh2:

So you are Canadian, makes sense now.

Gram
12-03-2012, 04:22 PM
So you are Canadian, makes sense now.

Elaborate.

GiantsSwaGG
12-03-2012, 04:27 PM

He's a pistons fan. There's like only 2 of them :laugh:

TheIlladelph16
12-03-2012, 04:27 PM
There both scorers, Durant is more efficient but Melo is the better all around scorer. The one problem I have with Durant is that he plays off of others when it should be the other way around when your the super star player. Can't really give him the ball and get out of his way. He needs ball screens, picks and other player movement to get off.

Come on man.... I get the point your trying to make here, but its not really even a debate. Durant is clearly the superior player and younger to boot. Even the notorious OP has admitted that Durant is better, and he has to be in charge of some official Melo fan club with the stuff he spews out.

GiantsSwaGG
12-03-2012, 04:30 PM

Man who gives a **** who you like :laugh2: go back to the pistons forum lol

Gram
12-03-2012, 04:40 PM
He's a pistons fan. There's like only 2 of them :laugh:

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/forumdisplay.php?f=50

:rolleyes:

Gram
12-03-2012, 04:42 PM
Man who gives a **** who you like :laugh2: go back to the pistons forum lol

LOLLLL wtf is this? Thought you were done talking to me? :laugh2: What happened to that?

You're seriously sticking up for RonE Coleman? That makes one poster who actually likes his posts! :laugh2:

Rockice_8
12-03-2012, 04:43 PM
I don't get why threads like this go for so long. Of coarse Novak is going to say that, he's sticking with his guy.

We all know Lebron/Durant is the best in the league right now and there's really not even a debate other then those two.

KnickaBocka.44
12-03-2012, 04:45 PM
I don't get why threads like this go for so long. Of coarse Novak is going to say that, he's sticking with his guy.

We all know Lebron/Durant is the best in the league right now and there's really not even a debate other then those two.

While I am not going to debate that Melo is better than Durant/Lebron...both of them are leading their teams to similar records as the Knicks with much more notable help than Melo has at the moment.

Baller1
12-03-2012, 04:49 PM

I hate how people automatically rate durant better then melo. What makes him better besides efficiency? Everything else melo owns durant on. People always bash melos defense as if durants is any better. Durants defense is horrid. Get your head out your *** and stop hatin on melo...

It can be argued thag Melo is better than Durant at zero aspects of basketball.

Melo better than Durant on defense is laughable. And that's an understatement.

Losoway
12-03-2012, 04:50 PM
MELO IS ... by far

RonE Coleman
12-03-2012, 05:01 PM

It can also be argued that Melo is better at "some" aspects of basketball.

And while I do think Durant is a better defender, lets not make it seem like he turned into Scottie Pippen overnight now.

mightybosstone
12-03-2012, 05:02 PM
MELO IS ... by far

Melo is.... what? The best player in the NBA? Based on what exactly? Because it certainly isn't based on team success, statistics or the eyeball test. Is there some other method for judging players that only Knicks fans know about?

RonE Coleman
12-03-2012, 05:03 PM
Melo is.... what? The best player in the NBA? Based on what exactly? Because it certainly isn't based on team success, statistics or the eyeball test. Is there some other method for judging players that only Knicks fans know about?

Losoway claims to be a Knicks, Nets, Heat fan. Don't ask :confused:

ewing
12-03-2012, 05:10 PM

How could laughable be an understatement? You sir, have no credibility

Baller1
12-03-2012, 05:11 PM
It can also be argued that Melo is better at "some" aspects of basketball.

And while I do think Durant is a better defender, lets not make it seem like he turned into Scottie Pippen overnight now.

Durant has been a top 5-10 defender this season. And it hasn't been overnight. He's been becoming a much improved defender for a few years now, but no one has noticed.

Baller1
12-03-2012, 05:16 PM
How could laughable be an understatement? You sir, have no credibility

None of us on this site have "credibility". But I don't need it to know that Durant's defense is superior to Melo's to a ridiculous degree.

GiantsSwaGG
12-03-2012, 05:17 PM
that actually is English maybe you should learn some ebonics

He ain't from the streets famz

GiantsSwaGG
12-03-2012, 05:19 PM
LOLLLL wtf is this? Thought you were done talking to me? :laugh2: What happened to that?

You're seriously sticking up for RonE Coleman? That makes one poster who actually likes his posts! :laugh2:

I'm sticking up for noone, just taking a page off your book ;), never said I was don't talking to you. You're my biggest fan. I support my fans :laugh:

Gram
12-03-2012, 05:31 PM
I'm sticking up for noone, just taking a page off your book ;), never said I was don't talking to you. You're my biggest fan. I support my fans :laugh:

You said after our first argument that you were done talking to me. :laugh2:

GiantsSwaGG
12-03-2012, 05:44 PM
You said after our first argument that you were done talking to me. :laugh2:

For that day, you're my favorite post ;)

Gram
12-03-2012, 05:57 PM
For that day, you're my favorite post ;)

That doesn't even make sense...

GiantsSwaGG
12-03-2012, 05:58 PM
That doesn't even make sense...

Half of your post doesn't make sense

Gram
12-03-2012, 06:05 PM
Half of your post doesn't make sense

Half of my post doesn't make sense? What part of "That doesn't even make sense..." didn't make sense to you? If you tell me I'll clear it up for you. :rolleyes:

Sactown
12-03-2012, 06:06 PM
Half of my post doesn't make sense? What part of "That doesn't even make sense..." didn't make sense to you? If you tell me I'll clear it up for you. :rolleyes:

Gram, don't worry, Melo's MAMMMA AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A BIIIIAAATCHH!

Gram
12-03-2012, 06:07 PM

:laugh: You're hilarious. I'm sorry for trolling you in the past.

Join Gram's crew. <3

GiantsSwaGG
12-03-2012, 06:09 PM

You tell me :)

GiantsSwaGG
12-03-2012, 06:09 PM

And Cousins mom loves Sosa lol

Gram
12-03-2012, 06:10 PM
You tell me :)

Lol wtf.

Sactown
12-03-2012, 06:11 PM
You're absolutely right, Melo's mom blew Cousins last night

Thank you kind sir

GiantsSwaGG
12-03-2012, 06:13 PM
Lol wtf.

That's that **** I don't like.....

Sorry for not taking you seriously today. Let me get serious.

Like I said I was done talking to you that day. You were following more than my *****es. And you still are lol.

Gram
12-03-2012, 06:14 PM
That's that **** I don't like.....

Sorry for not taking you seriously today. Let me get serious.

Like I said I was done talking to you that day. You were following more than my *****es. And you still are lol.

You don't have *****es, let's not kid ourselves here. :laugh2:

LOLLL and I still am? You're the one who started talking to me today. :laugh2:

GiantsSwaGG
12-03-2012, 06:14 PM
Thank you kind sir, the whole team ran a train on cousins mom with no metro card

You're very welcome :)

GiantsSwaGG
12-03-2012, 06:18 PM
You don't have *****es, let's not kid ourselves here. :laugh2:

LOLLL and I still am? You're the one who started talking to me today. :laugh2:

Kid ourselves? I don't get *****es? :laugh: bro I get more ***** than you ever have in your entire life, if you even Go that way Lol.

:laugh2:

Gram
12-03-2012, 06:22 PM
Kid ourselves? I don't get *****es? :laugh: bro I get more ***** than you ever have in your entire life, if you even Go that way Lol.

:laugh2:

Lol my lord, of course I go that way. How many have you roll in? Because I'm pretty sure no sensible woman would ever be attracted to someone like you, unless you're the complete opposite of who you are on PSD, which I completely doubt. :laugh2: I've had my fair share of *****es by the way, how old are you and how many do you get?

Why didn't you even respond to the second half of my post?

GiantsSwaGG
12-03-2012, 06:37 PM
Lol my lord, of course I go that way. How many have you roll in? Because I'm pretty sure no sensible woman would ever be attracted to someone like you, unless you're the complete opposite of who you are on PSD, which I completely doubt. :laugh2: I've had my fair share of *****es by the way, how old are you and how many do you get?

Why didn't you even respond to the second half of my post?

Plz man lol this forum ain't even that serious enough to show how i really am. Looks like you do, so do you troll outside this forum as well? lol And why wouldn't a female be attracted to me? You judge men too? Lol. Don't worry how i get *****es or how many ***** I done have, just know its more than you bud. At least the difference between me and you is I don't have to pay to get some :laugh:

And who gives a **** about your second part of your post. I didn't start not, just finishing what you started yesterday ;).

Come on man troll harder bro, your troll efforts today makes DMF look like a respectable poster!!!

Gram
12-03-2012, 06:40 PM
Plz man lol this forum ain't even that serious enough to show how u really am. And why wouldn't a female be attracted to me? You judge men too? Lol. Don't worry how I get *****es I get or how many ***** I done have, just know its more than you bud. At least the difference between and you is I don't have to pay to get some :laugh:

And who gives a **** about your second part of your post. I didn't start not, just finishing what you started yesterday ;).

Come on man troll harder bro, your troll efforts today makes DMF look like a respectable poster!!!

Lol my lord, I don't pay for mine. :laugh2: Stop making **** up. :laugh2: Weren't you complaining about how immature I was the other day? :laugh2:

I'm not even trolling anymore lol - I just can't believe you think what you're saying is funny. :laugh2:

Must be a Yorker thing. :rolleyes:

GiantsSwaGG
12-03-2012, 06:42 PM
Lol my lord, I don't pay for mine. :laugh2: Stop making **** up. :laugh2: Weren't you complaining about how immature I was the other day? :laugh2:

I'm not even trolling anymore lol - I just can't believe you think what you're saying is funny. :laugh2:

Must be a Yorker thing. :rolleyes:

You are immature...

And who said what I'm saying is for laughs? You mad I'm stating facts son lol.

And you're from Detroit, you should be the last one to talk :laugh:

Gram
12-03-2012, 06:44 PM
You are immature...

And who said what I'm saying is for laughs? You mad I'm stating facts son lol.

And you're from Detroit, you should be the last one to talk :laugh:

LOLLL wtf? No I'm not from Detroit lol. I don't even live in the States. You call that stating facts? :laugh2:

How old are you if you don't mind me asking? I'm sure you're not older than I am. :laugh2:

Jesse2272
12-03-2012, 06:47 PM
get a room

GiantsSwaGG
LOLLL wtf? No I'm not from Detroit lol. I don't even live in the States. You call that stating facts? :laugh2:

How old are you if you don't mind me asking? I'm sure you're not older than I am. :laugh2:

Mid 20's college grad.... How old are you? 19? :laugh2:

Gram
get a room

Sorry, who are you? :laugh2:

GiantsSwaGG
12-03-2012, 06:48 PM
get a room

Don't get flexed on son

Gram
12-03-2012, 06:48 PM
Mid 20's college grad.... How old are you? 19? :laugh2:

Yeah I am 19. Mid 20's, college grad and trolling a internet forum. I'm sure that college program was great. :rolleyes:

GiantsSwaGG
12-03-2012, 06:50 PM
Yeah I am 19. Mid 20's, college grad and trolling a internet forum. I'm sure that college program was great. :rolleyes:

Yeah trolling someone who I never, and will never meet is soo bad. My college should be ashamed of me :(

Jesse2272
12-03-2012, 06:57 PM
:bla:

mamba24
12-03-2012, 06:57 PM
this thread is such a waste lol... it would be like matt bonner coming out and saying tony parker is the best player in the league. nobody cares what novak thinks

Gram
12-03-2012, 06:59 PM

Whatever it takes.

seikou8
12-03-2012, 07:00 PM
:catfight::laugh2:

GiantsSwaGG
12-03-2012, 07:07 PM

You mad cause in styling on you

Gram
12-03-2012, 07:07 PM
You mad cause in styling on you

Watch out Jesse's mad.

GiantsSwaGG
12-03-2012, 07:09 PM
Watch out Jesse's mad.

:)

Jesse2272
12-03-2012, 07:12 PM
Jesse is very mad

Kashmir13579
12-04-2012, 12:00 AM
Aren't you a knicks fan? From Your posts in this thread it doesn't seem as if you've watched a game all season.

If you're going to make a claim like that why don't you give an example? Otherwise i don't know what to take from it. I missed 1 game against the Bucks.

Captain Moroni
12-04-2012, 12:08 AM
Right now....he is. So what?

TheNumber37
12-04-2012, 12:39 AM
As Fantastic as melo as been playing, improving his defense, rebounding, outside shooting, team commitment and leadership... The NBA hate him to much to give the MVP over a Lebron or Durant.
IF the Knicks are number 1 in the East than it should go to Melo.

HOZ THE KNICK
12-04-2012, 12:41 AM
melo #knickstape

IBleedPurple
12-04-2012, 03:44 AM

lulz

DoMeFavors
12-04-2012, 08:11 AM
Why is this a thread when

A. the guy is on Melos team
B. The guy saying the quote is a career bum..

It should be a thread if the guy saying it had credibility and wasnt on the Knicks.

aztr0
12-04-2012, 08:34 AM
What's he supposed to say about his own teammate? He sucks? Making drama out of nothing. PSD forums. :facepalm:

bucketss
12-04-2012, 09:42 AM

well it is a team game maybe melo should learn from KD? no wonder melo is so inefficient and is rarely out the first round iso after iso after iso hey look everyone i can score on anyone!! BRICK!

BklynKnicks3
12-04-2012, 10:13 AM
well it is a team game maybe melo should learn from KD? no wonder melo is so inefficient and is rarely out the first round iso after iso after iso hey look everyone i can score on anyone!! BRICK!

mayeb its because durant plays with 2 all stars and is never doubled teamed

bucketss
12-04-2012, 10:48 AM

maybe melo is too overweight to run around screens?

NYJ - NYY
12-04-2012, 11:23 AM
Why is this a thread when

A. the guy is on Melos team
B. The guy saying the quote is a career bum..

It should be a thread if the guy saying it had credibility and wasnt on the Knicks.

like your career on PSD?

mjm07
12-04-2012, 11:33 AM

You are beyond reasoning...

But, without a doubt, Carmelo is playing great and I hope he continues. #1 NBA player he is not.

#fantasyowner

HaruSoul
12-04-2012, 11:38 AM
As Fantastic as melo as been playing, improving his defense, rebounding, outside shooting, team commitment and leadership... The NBA hate him to much to give the MVP over a Lebron or Durant.
IF the Knicks are number 1 in the East than it should go to Melo.

That's the only way I see Melo getting it.

colinskik
12-04-2012, 11:42 AM

You're a clown. A Canadian clown.

BklynKnicks3
12-04-2012, 12:24 PM
Melo is the 2nd best player in the NBA u are close Novak #balldontlie

nickdymez
12-04-2012, 02:40 PM

If you think a player is doing good, someone will dig up some advanced stats to prove you othewise. And there seem to be over a million advanced stats to choose from....

sep11ie
12-04-2012, 02:55 PM

Pump ya breaks kid. The Gram is an American hero, and he's not even an American...

JordansBulls
12-04-2012, 03:50 PM
Would have been interesting had Lebron went to NY. However from this article it had little appeal to him.

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?t=563928&highlight=Lebron+james+for+Tmac

Gram
12-04-2012, 03:57 PM

:laugh2: And who are you? That's hilarious, because I don't think Melo is the best player in the NBA?

Gram
12-04-2012, 03:57 PM
Pump ya breaks kid. The Gram is an American hero, and he's not even an American...

I love this guy. :clap:

Sactown
12-04-2012, 03:59 PM
I love this guy. :clap:

Possibly the greatest there ever was

Gram
12-04-2012, 04:00 PM
Possibly the greatest there ever was

sep11ie is the best poster in the NBA forum.

GiantsSwaGG
12-04-2012, 04:00 PM

:laugh2: ouch

Sactown
12-04-2012, 04:02 PM
:laugh2: ouch

Justin Bieber is from Canada and look how great he is!?
#FREE-CANADA #IF-I-WERE-YOUR-BOYFRIEND
#7GRAM-ROCKS-THAT'S-HOW-I-ROLL
#WINNING
#GRAMTHECANADIANMAN!

Chronz
12-04-2012, 04:03 PM
If you think a player is doing good, someone will dig up some advanced stats to prove you othewise. And there seem to be over a million advanced stats to choose from....

Nah, give it a try. You cant make Melo look better than clearly superior players.

GiantsSwaGG
12-04-2012, 04:04 PM
Justin Bieber is from Canada and look how great he is!?
#FREE-CANADA #IF-I-WERE-YOUR-BOYFRIEND
#7GRAM-ROCKS-THAT'S-HOW-I-ROLL
#WINNING
#GRAMTHECANADIANMAN!

Justin Bieber a *****

Sactown
12-04-2012, 04:05 PM
Nah, give it a try. You cant make Melo look better than clearly superior players.

I don't understand how his comment makes sense? It's not like advanced stats can turn Felton into CP3 lol... he blindly hates advanced stats. He should probably learn them before he hates them so much.

Sactown
12-04-2012, 04:06 PM
Justin Bieber a *****

Justin Bieber is the #1 rapper right now, IMO

Bieber
Brittney Spears
Kanye
Jay-Z

REST.

GiantsSwaGG
12-04-2012, 04:08 PM
Justin Bieber is the #1 rapper right now, IMO

Bieber
Brittney Spears
Kanye
Jay-Z

REST.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l86vx2hQEO1qa5hm0o1_500.jpg

Justin Bieber ain't ****. He got nothing on Shaq

Iverson
Jay Z
Millie Vanillie
Shaq
Kanye
Easy E brother

Top rappers of all time.... What now biotttcccchhhhh

Sactown
12-04-2012, 04:10 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l86vx2hQEO1qa5hm0o1_500.jpg

Justin Bieber ain't ****. He got nothing on Shaq

Iverson
Jay Z
Millie Vanillie
Shaq
Kanye
Easy E brother

Top rappers of all time.... What now biotttcccchhhhh

You're way off... Not only is Bieber the best rapper, but he's one of the hottest people in Merica!

Bieber
Edward Cullen
Your Dad

nickdymez
12-04-2012, 04:11 PM

Good day "Chronz". Again, im not saying Melo is the best player in the league, the point of my comment was to illustrate that there are an infinite number of advanced stats that could be used to discredit a player.

GiantsSwaGG
12-04-2012, 04:14 PM
You're way off... Not only is Bieber the best rapper, but he's one of the hottest people in Merica!

Bieber
Edward Cullen
Your Dad

**** that, Bieber isn't even in the top 50. How many Grammys he took home?

Iverson
Backstreet boys
Your girl

Sactown
12-04-2012, 04:19 PM
**** that, Bieber isn't even in the top 50. How many Grammys he took home?

Iverson
Backstreet boys
Your girl

Iverson is a *****
Backstreet boys was a good call #balldon'tlie
http://www.waltsense.com/storage/articles/20090819_FatBottom.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION= 1250655828331 <-- my girl

sep11ie
12-04-2012, 04:19 PM
Sep11ie is the #1 rapper right now, IMO

Sep11ie
Gram
Sac
New Kids on the Block

REST.

Fixed

Sactown
12-04-2012, 04:21 PM
Fixed

Seeing that feels so right.

MELO 15
12-04-2012, 05:04 PM
If the numbers made that much of a difference, than why did Melo win player of the week and not Lebrick? Some people are so naive, they base a player on there so called numbers than actually seeing what the player is actually doing on the court. I am a HOMER, DOUGH! When it comes to Melo but when it comes down to who are the top three players in the game right now, id put lebrick first durant secound, and Melo 3rd. And if the knicks finish with the best record in the NBA, than Melo will win MVP

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-04-2012, 05:06 PM
If the numbers made that much of a difference, than why did Melo win player of the week and not Lebrick? Some people are so naive, they base a player on there so called numbers than actually seeing what the player is actually doing on the court. I am a HOMER, DOUGH! When it comes to Melo but when it comes down to who are the top three players in the game right now, id put lebrick first durant secound, and Melo 3rd. And if the knicks finish with the best record in the NBA, than Melo will win MVP

Melo isn't even better than an aging declining Kobe.

Gram
12-04-2012, 05:10 PM
Fixed

Beauty.

rockbottom2010
12-04-2012, 05:13 PM
novak is a drunk hobbit