PDA

View Full Version : Why Do People Say Kevin Love Is A Stat Stuffer?

MetroMan
12-02-2012, 05:05 PM
That is such a ridiculous thing to say. You can't take the fact away from him that he is a GREAT rebounder and a very improved offensive player. Is it THAT hard for some people to accept?

Do you guys realize how hard it is to get 15 rebounds a game and score 24 points a game. His career averages are 12 rebounds, 17.4 points on ONLY 12.8 shot attempts.

b@llhog24
12-02-2012, 05:06 PM
Because he stuffs a stat sheet.

LoveMeOrHateMe
12-02-2012, 05:15 PM
Stat stuffing is actually a good thing unless you're Andre Blatche or javal McGee that is

MetroMan
12-02-2012, 05:17 PM
Because he stuffs a stat sheet.

How so. Any reasoning. By this logic Lebron is a staf stuffer too I guess

Hawkeye15
12-02-2012, 05:17 PM
Because his teams haven't won a lot of games. People fail to realize why however, and look to call him overrated, and a stat stuffer.

Honestly, pull up his roster support since his arrival into the league, and please tell me that its not horrible. Outside last year, when they were in the 8th seed at 21-19, and then lost Rubio, Pekovic goes down with bone spurs, and eventually Love gets knocked out with a concussion, Love has never been on a team with real NBA talent.

He will have the reputation of being overrated if he doesn't get into the playoffs soon enough however, and unless injuries again machine gun the Wolves (uh, they started the year down their 2 best players, and as recent as 10 days ago, were without 4 starters, and their 2 best bench players, AK goes down the moment Love gets back, the depletion is unreal), I will have no problem with the label.

5ass
12-02-2012, 05:22 PM
I cant wait to see Pek, Love, AK, Rubio on the court together. They have to trade Derrick Williams or a future 1st for Redick already.

b@llhog24
12-02-2012, 05:23 PM
How so. Any reasoning. By this logic Lebron is a staf stuffer too I guess

He is.

Hawkeye15
12-02-2012, 05:26 PM
I cant wait to see Pek, Love, AK, Rubio on the court together. They have to trade Derrick Williams or a future 1st for Redick already.

I literally can't believe they haven't made a call to Orlando regarding Reddick. We have no SG, and Orlando is not going to re-sign him.

Rubio/Ridnour
Reddick/Shved
Kirilenko/Howard
Love/Cunningham
Pekovic/Stiemsma

Budinger healthy the last 2 months of the season.

That is a really good team.

Mr_Jones
12-02-2012, 05:29 PM
I like Kevin Love. He's kinda cute. In a Theo Huxtable kind of way.

Alayla
12-02-2012, 05:30 PM
Kevin Love is underrated to some degree the fact people put people like Griffen and LMA or Dirk ahead of him in there lists in beyond ridiculous. Even the people who put him as number 1 say with a close 2nd of blah blah blah.. No Love is far and away the best 4 in the game. People put way too much stock into team success when judging individual players

bucketss
12-02-2012, 05:30 PM
i think op thinks stat stuffer is negative thing.. well i guess it could be if you're someone like melo ;-)

JasonJohnHorn
12-02-2012, 05:49 PM
I remember when being a "stat stuffer" was a good thing. You'd say that about complete players, like Pippen, he'd always get some points and a few rebounds and a few assists and a couple steals and a block or two. Guys who dropped numbers in all the catagories. Like AK-47 and Josh Smith.

I think though, people have confused the term stat stuffer with stat whore.

There are guys who are stat whores, like guys who try to get triple-doubles and will intentionally miss a shot on a fast break so they can get the rebound and the points, or people say rondo is a stat stuffer when he gives up an open lane to hand it off to a teammate for the dunk.

Stat stuffer = good
Stat whore = bad.

ChiSox219
12-02-2012, 05:56 PM
Love sucks. Stat stuffer.

**** him. Overrated. Stat stuffer. You name it.

he ****ing sucks, and is a stat stuffer.

stat stuffer. He sucks.

Only Kevin Love is a stat stuffer, so this thread means nothing...

Dude sucks, and is a stat padder.

Dudes a stat stuffer. He sucks.

Love is a stat stuffer who doesn't effect games. The only contribution he gives is his beard.

#overrated.

:eyebrow:

SLY WILLIAMS
12-02-2012, 06:03 PM
If averaging 15 rebounds a game in the NBA was as easy as stuffing stats there would be a lot more guys that have done it. The guy has played great in the past couple of seasons. His points cant be knocked. His rebounds cant be knocked. So people try to knock him on intangibles. Love is not the best player in the NBA but I can not think of any teams that would not grab him fast if they had a chance.

Tmath
12-02-2012, 06:07 PM
I literally can't believe they haven't made a call to Orlando regarding Reddick. We have no SG, and Orlando is not going to re-sign him.

Rubio/Ridnour
Reddick/Shved
Kirilenko/Howard
Love/Cunningham
Pekovic/Stiemsma

Budinger healthy the last 2 months of the season.

That is a really good team.

T'Wolves are so racist.

Bishnoff
12-02-2012, 06:16 PM
Because a lot of people don't like him and he hasn't lead a team to any success yet. The latter may change, the former won't.

mike_noodles
12-02-2012, 06:28 PM
I have seen "stat stuffer" used in two contexts.

1. The game is a blowout and guys are just trying to stuff their stats. The more correct term is padding stats.

2. The fantasy reference in which a guy puts up numbers across box score. In this context, Lebron James would be the ultimate stat stuffer.

If there is another way to use it, please let me know.

Hawkeye15
12-02-2012, 07:04 PM
:eyebrow:

can you tell I am getting very sick of the Love bashing? Its weathered me man.

netsgiantsyanks
12-02-2012, 07:32 PM
Because his teams haven't won a lot of games. People fail to realize why however, and look to call him overrated, and a stat stuffer.

Honestly, pull up his roster support since his arrival into the league, and please tell me that its not horrible. Outside last year, when they were in the 8th seed at 21-19, and then lost Rubio, Pekovic goes down with bone spurs, and eventually Love gets knocked out with a concussion, Love has never been on a team with real NBA talent.

He will have the reputation of being overrated if he doesn't get into the playoffs soon enough however, and unless injuries again machine gun the Wolves (uh, they started the year down their 2 best players, and as recent as 10 days ago, were without 4 starters, and their 2 best bench players, AK goes down the moment Love gets back, the depletion is unreal), I will have no problem with the label.

similar situation with D-Will. his first 2 years with NJ he had horrible players besides him, and he gets **** for that. i truly believed that he would have left the nets, extremely glad he didn't.

ManRam
12-02-2012, 08:23 PM
The correct answer to the question posed in this thread: because people are stupid.

KnicksorBust
12-02-2012, 08:26 PM
Hawk is right.

At the end of the day the vast majority of fans feel like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPGDfjPjdWg

And Love hasn't even made the playoffs.

Raps08-09 Champ
12-02-2012, 08:29 PM
The term 'Stat Stuffer' isn't necessarily a bad term.

Matter.
12-02-2012, 08:44 PM
Love needs more love. Beast... best PF atm in the league.

Sactown
12-02-2012, 09:03 PM
I don't look at stat stuffer as a negative team.. I think posting hollow stats is the negative term..

Stat stuffer to me means you fill the stat sheet, as in you do a lot of things really really well, but posting "hollow stats" means you're posting meaningless stats.

dalton749
12-02-2012, 09:14 PM
because his team is a bunch of white dudes

Bruno
12-02-2012, 09:16 PM
i dont hear a lot of people say this stuff. i read the words of teenage posters who don't know basketball allude to things like that, but no one takes those 'fans' seriously.

who are the main-stream media types who bash love for this? there's gotta be somebody out there who fits the criteria.

thechom80
12-02-2012, 09:18 PM
because his team is a bunch of white dudes

get over it.

Hawkeye15
12-02-2012, 10:17 PM
similar situation with D-Will. his first 2 years with NJ he had horrible players besides him, and he gets **** for that. i truly believed that he would have left the nets, extremely glad he didn't.

Not similar. Despite having crap around him, Love put up ridiculous numbers and efficiency.

Hawkeye15
12-02-2012, 10:19 PM
i dont hear a lot of people say this stuff. i read the words of teenage posters who don't know basketball allude to things like that, but no one takes those 'fans' seriously.

who are the main-stream media types who bash love for this? there's gotta be somebody out there who fits the criteria.

This is true. Only here do I read Love is overrated. The national media voted him 2nd team all NBA, he was given accolades, and is widely considered by almost every sports media site as the #1 PF in the league. Gold medal winner, and talked about in a positive light. Now, if he doesn't start getting into the playoffs soon enough, the media will sour on him.

Sactown
12-02-2012, 10:47 PM
Because he's a horrible player, bad teammate and looks for his one rather than trying to help the team win.. I heard him ask Pek to let him grab a rebound so he could get a double double once, the result of this was an offensive rebound and a dunk by the other team.. He always complains about not getting the ball enough and loves to chuck shots up.. I saw him laughing while losing by 30 because he still managed 25 and 15.. Dudes a jerk and a cancer to the league... in reality he's just a mediocre player, I would say he's a bottom 15 PF.

JLynn943
12-02-2012, 10:53 PM
Because he's a horrible player, bad teammate and looks for his one rather than trying to help the team win.. I heard him ask Pek to let him grab a rebound so he could get a double double once, the result of this was an offensive rebound and a dunk by the other team.. He always complains about not getting the ball enough and loves to chuck shots up.. I saw him laughing while losing by 30 because he still managed 25 and 15.. Dudes a jerk and a cancer to the league... in reality he's just a mediocre player, I would say he's a bottom 15 PF.

I heard he plays defense against his teammates just so that they miss and he gets another rebound.

That and he punches babies.

Sactown
12-02-2012, 10:57 PM
I heard he plays defense against his teammates just so that they miss and he gets another rebound.

That's not even the worst of it

AddiX
12-02-2012, 11:14 PM
Making a thread like this is like trolling yourself, WTF is the point.

and I'm an avid klove bashed, even I'm tired of it.

Bruno
12-02-2012, 11:45 PM
This is true. Only here do I read Love is overrated. The national media voted him 2nd team all NBA, he was given accolades, and is widely considered by almost every sports media site as the #1 PF in the league. Gold medal winner, and talked about in a positive light. Now, if he doesn't start getting into the playoffs soon enough, the media will sour on him.
right. only if he fails to live up to a given expectation, will he be bashed.

Losoway
12-03-2012, 07:30 AM
KEVIN LOVE IS A STAT STUFFER TO THE MAX. he is the only player that can get 40 points and 20 rebounds and his team still loses .

YoungOne
12-03-2012, 07:56 AM
he is no stat stuffer. He is a great scorer and rebounder. He doesnt get much assists, steals or blocks.

Stat stuffer are guys mentioned like AK47 or Josh smith who do a lil bit of everything.

Daze9900
12-03-2012, 09:01 AM
The term stat stuffing came about to describe the statistics of players who perform well on poor teams. Those numbers tend to come down a little bit on more balanced teams. People have also used this term in a positive way to describe players who excel in multiple categories night in and night out on the box score. Yes Kevin Love is a stat stuffer because he plays hard. I don't think it's a bad thing.

I Rock Shaqs
12-03-2012, 09:31 AM
That is such a ridiculous thing to say. You can't take the fact away from him that he is a GREAT rebounder and a very improved offensive player. Is it THAT hard for some people to accept?

Do you guys realize how hard it is to get 15 rebounds a game and score 24 points a game. His career averages are 12 rebounds, 17.4 points on ONLY 12.8 shot attempts.

Half you guys on the NBA forum don't even use your brain I swear.

iliketurtles24
12-03-2012, 09:52 AM

I heard this too!

Gram
12-03-2012, 10:13 AM
Everyone bashing KLove would lick a kitchen floor to have him on your team... Not sure why all the hate.

I Rock Shaqs
12-03-2012, 10:18 AM
Everyone bashing KLove would lick a kitchen floor to have him on your team... Not sure why all the hate.

I'd lick more than a kitchen floor ;)
Just to get Bargnani off the raptors would be a dream come true.

TheIlladelph16
12-03-2012, 11:41 AM

I heard he even takes the Lord's name in vain....

For real though, any fan would kill to have this guy on their team. I would literally trade everyone on the Sixers roster not named Holiday or Turner to get him to Philly. Even Turner I would be open to in the right scenario. The guy does everything you want out of a PF. His defense can be improved, but he is no slouch out there on that side of the ball either.