PDA

View Full Version : Most overrated player in the NBA

BklynKnicks3
12-02-2012, 10:30 AM
1. Blake Griffen
2. Kevin Love
3. Dwill

If Dwill leads his team to the playoffs and improves his shooting ill take him off. Back to back 20 win seasons should not give u a superstar rep

Blake has improved his handle but still reckless and limited

Love stat stuffer withy little result

DanG
12-02-2012, 10:55 AM
1. Blake Griffen
2. Kevin Love
3. Dwill

If Dwill leads his team to the playoffs and improves his shooting ill take him off. Back to back 20 win seasons should not give u a superstar rep

Love - It's hard to expect any big results if you don't have good help or most of the team is injured

Griffin - How the hell is he overrated? Many people think he's not even a top 5 PF

Williams - He can put up 20/3/10 if he's healthy. Right now Brooklyn is a top 10 team at worst with him.

Captain Moroni
12-02-2012, 11:04 AM
Dirk Nowitski
Amare Stouemire
Derrick rose

Their 2012 stats are nowhere near their career averages

Gators123
12-02-2012, 11:22 AM
Melo

BklynKnicks3
12-02-2012, 11:23 AM
Dirk Nowitski
Amare Stouemire
Derrick rose

Rose is far from overrated just hurt
Amare is not even considred a top 40 player any more

Blake is considered top 10 by some
Dwill cant be a superstar winnning 20 games
Love team is as bad with him as without him. Fantasy mvp

BallinOutOfMind
12-02-2012, 11:23 AM
I agree with griffin. CP3 makes him look good.

I Rock Shaqs
12-02-2012, 11:25 AM

He was obviously joking....

kobebabe
12-02-2012, 11:26 AM
Dirk Nowitski
Amare Stouemire
Derrick rose

How is Dirk Overrated? Dude plays hard and result shows
Amare i totally agree. Don't deserve the kind of money he got from NY
Derrick Rose is by no means overrated. When he is healthy he is a threat to any opposing team. His shot had improved quite a bit before he went down and he clearly made Chicago legit and look how badly they suck without him

I Rock Shaqs
12-02-2012, 11:27 AM
Seriously though it seems like people like to have a thought and then portray it as " many people feel this way" when they really don't just because that's the way you feel.

kobebabe
12-02-2012, 11:28 AM
I would say:
Bynum
Amare
Love- but not too far off though

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-02-2012, 11:28 AM
Carmelo Anthony.

BklynKnicks3
12-02-2012, 11:35 AM
Carmelo Anthony.

u mock my qoutes are they not true

BklynKnicks3
12-02-2012, 11:36 AM
You guys are complete morons, but doesn't surprise me coming from a knick and a laker fan.

Dirk is a legend just for takin down the coward in his finals he is getting older so he right where he should be

Jarvo
12-02-2012, 11:39 AM
Blake Griffin
Dwight Howard *He's damn good, But not how ESPN praise him*
Bynum :facepalm:

KnicksorBust
12-02-2012, 11:39 AM
1. Blake Griffen
2. Kevin Love
3. Dwill

I disagree with all of these. :laugh:

I Rock Shaqs
12-02-2012, 11:43 AM
Dirk is a legend just for takin down the coward in his finals he is getting older so he right where he should be

DUDE WAS JOKING geez yall are dumb.
He listed three players who haven't played a game this season and said their stats are nowhere near their averages because they haven't recorded any stats yet; I just lost all the respect I never had for Knick fans. Use your brain for once it might help you out.

yaswaggin
12-02-2012, 11:47 AM
Love is probably the least under appreciated player in the league

Longhornfan1234
12-02-2012, 11:50 AM
Wade and Melo.

Sportfan
12-02-2012, 12:54 PM
DO people know what overrated means?

Overrated on PSD-
James Harden
Chris Paul
Paul Pierce
Andrew Bynum
Josh Smith
Derrick Rose
Dwight Howard (at least when he was a magic, he's going back down now)
Dwayne Wade (see Dwight, finally getting exposed)
Manu
Paul George
Eric Gordon
Kyle Lowry
Demarcus Cousins

Chronz
12-02-2012, 12:55 PM
Blakes improved his handles? LMFAO I can definitely tell you havent been watching the Clippers much.

Chronz
12-02-2012, 12:55 PM

Overrated on PSD-
James Harden
Chris Paul
Paul Pierce
Andrew Bynum
Josh Smith
Derrick Rose
Manu
Paul George
Eric Gordon
Kyle Lowry
Demarcus Cousins

This thread isnt about underrated players bro.

Pluvious
12-02-2012, 12:57 PM

Overrated on PSD-
James Harden
Chris Paul
Paul Pierce
Andrew Bynum
Josh Smith
Derrick Rose
Manu
Paul George
Eric Gordon
Kyle Lowry
Demarcus Cousins

Agree. Your concept of overrated is logical. A couple of the names are questionable but I see what you're getting at.

Sportfan
12-02-2012, 01:26 PM
This thread isnt about underrated players bro.
No, a lot of these players are overrated on these boards. Lowry was called a top 6 PG last year, people think Gordon is a franchise player. Cousins has the talent to be at Dwight's level, Paul George is the most versatile wing in the league and already proclaimed to be a star. Manu is called by most people a top 3 SG. Dwight was considered the #2 player in the NBA a few months ago. People still buy that Wade is #1 and a top 5 player. Harden is great but his love goes overboard sometimes, same with Paul who people think is far and far away the best PG. Pierce is now in the SF tier of Iggy/Deng/Gay/Granger. People think Smoove can be a legit #1 or #2. People proclaim Bynum as the 2nd best big man in the NBA. Rose's dick sucking a during his MVP season was abysmal.

D-Will is probably on the list too forgot him.

Chronz
12-02-2012, 01:30 PM
Agree. Your concept of overrated is logical. A couple of the names are questionable but I see what you're getting at.

Your just as misinformed as he is, just naming names doesn't tell us anything. How about what hes heard of them that has led him to believe they are overrated.

You said some of his names were questionable, but I found the majority to be questionable. See the difference in perspective. I need to know what you've heard or read in order to gauge why someone would find those players overrated.

Like sometimes I feel people underrate Hakeem, other times I feel hes overrated. It depends on what they are SAYING.

You guys havent said anything.

Chronz
12-02-2012, 01:33 PM
No, a lot of these players are overrated on these boards. Lowry was called a top 6 PG last year,
This may be true from your perspective
But its utterly false overall, the truth is a FEW people may overrate him but why are you focusing on the minority? Maybe you havent been around these boards very long but we actually had a poll ranking PG's 1-10 and 6 rounds of voting went by without Lowry making the cut. That tells me the OVERWHELMING MAJORITY disagree with your perception.

I wont read the rest unless you fix that fatal flaw in your rationale, though to be honest I only agreed on a few of the players you mentioned

justinnum1
12-02-2012, 01:36 PM
Melo

easily.

rocket
12-02-2012, 01:38 PM
Mello

Mr Costanza
12-02-2012, 01:48 PM
easily.

You are obsessed with Melo and the Knicks.

justinnum1
12-02-2012, 01:52 PM
You are obsessed with Melo and the Knicks.

he's overrated (http://cdn-www.i-am-bored.com/media/larrybirdslide.gif)

JNoel
12-02-2012, 02:00 PM

Overrated on PSD-
James Harden
Chris Paul
Paul Pierce
Andrew Bynum
Josh Smith
Derrick Rose
Manu
Paul George
Eric Gordon
Kyle Lowry
Demarcus Cousins

Besides Paul George, Wade, and Lowry, I agree with the rest.

Chronz
12-02-2012, 02:13 PM

Why not Wade?

Why not George? Him I find especially intriguing considering how badly hes sucked this year.

Lowry I get tho.

Gram
12-02-2012, 02:20 PM
u mock my qoutes are they not true

Melo is overrated because of you and only you. No other Knick fan thinks he's the second best player in the league. :facepalm:

JNoel
12-02-2012, 02:22 PM
Why not Wade?
The thread in the nba forum titled "Wade is done" is a perfect example. People don't realize the shot distribution that Wade has to deal with on a nightly basis. Wade is a player who needs the ball in his hands for most of the game to be effective, we saw a perfect example of that last night.

Why not George? Him I find especially intriguing considering how badly hes sucked this year.
Wow I just looked up his stats and ouch. I knew earlier in the season he was balling, but as you can tell, I don't follow the Pacers much.

Big Zo
12-02-2012, 02:26 PM
That guy that's gotten out of the first round just once in his 10 year career.

RonE Coleman
12-02-2012, 02:29 PM
easily.

Your ignorance never fails to amaze. Melo leads the league in scoring per 48, is playing better D and rebounding yet hes overrated? You must be a closet Knick fan, half your 50000 posts are about nut hugging lebron and the other half are about the knicks.

justinnum1
12-02-2012, 02:32 PM
Your ignorance never fails to amaze. Melo leads the league in scoring per 48, is playing better D and rebounding yet hes overrated? You must be a closet Knick fan, half your 50000 posts are about nut hugging lebron and the other half are about the knicks.

Still overrated :)

yaswaggin
12-02-2012, 02:33 PM
Melo is underrated by many PSDers

He's having a great year, and playing defense too

He's in the 9-12 range in top nba players and the third best SF,

Sportfan
12-02-2012, 02:34 PM
This may be true from your perspective
But its utterly false overall, the truth is a FEW people may overrate him but why are you focusing on the minority? Maybe you havent been around these boards very long but we actually had a poll ranking PG's 1-10 and 6 rounds of voting went by without Lowry making the cut. That tells me the OVERWHELMING MAJORITY disagree with your perception.

I wont read the rest unless you fix that fatal flaw in your rationale, though to be honest I only agreed on a few of the players you mentioned
Well by then he had become an afterthought with his injury and Dragic taking over, plus then going to Toronto. But I'd say a good 8 months ago Lowry was heavily overrated and he was getting a lot of attention on this board.

People drool over George's size and have him down as an all star talent already, he hasn't taken that next step even with Granger out and I still look at him a good role player.

Wade has taken a big step back since April. Compare the wade of 18 months ago against the Mavs to the one right now and you can see a noticeable difference.

JNoel
12-02-2012, 02:48 PM
Wade has taken a big step back since April. Compare the wade of 18 months ago against the Mavs to the one right now and you can see a noticeable difference.

Wade did not have his knee surgery 18 months ago. During the offseason he signed books around Chicago, instead of working on his game like he mentioned which all contribute to why hes playing so bad. If you want to compare the Wade of right now, compare him to the one from the pre-big 3 era. He hasn't been the same player since then.

RLundi
12-02-2012, 02:54 PM

Overrated on PSD-
James Harden
Chris Paul
Paul Pierce
Andrew Bynum
Josh Smith
Derrick Rose
Manu
Paul George
Eric Gordon
Kyle Lowry
Demarcus Cousins

I agree with CP3, Josh Smith, Manu, Gordon and Lowry but not the rest. MAYBE Dwight, but many people have him lower than in year's past as he's been slightly less productive this season.

maddBat
12-02-2012, 02:54 PM
1. Blake Griffen
2. Kevin Love
3. Dwill

please see his team then n now.
now that he has a decent team look what hes done even with terrible fg%.

bucketss
12-02-2012, 02:58 PM
carmelo anthony

bucketss
12-02-2012, 02:59 PM
wait when did kyle lowry become overrated?

dwadefan03
12-02-2012, 03:04 PM
Without a doubt derrick rose. For all of the s h it that russell westbrook gets for being a chucker and taking away from durant, Rose gets praised for. They are literally the same player. In fact i actually think Westys better

Supreme LA
12-02-2012, 03:08 PM
Dwayne Wade

TheSource
12-02-2012, 03:14 PM
How is K-Love overrated? Because he can't win without help/injured team?

Big Zo
12-02-2012, 03:14 PM
Dwayne Wade

Agreed. He's no "Dwyane" Wade.

bucketss
12-02-2012, 03:15 PM
Dwayne Wade

everyone is saying hes done and somehow hes overrated?

Andrew32
12-02-2012, 03:16 PM
Kobe Bryant
:speechless:

SLY WILLIAMS
12-02-2012, 03:21 PM
Overrated and underrated is just about perception. Almost all overrated players are pretty good players. Its just like the old quarterback saying. They get too much credit when things go well and too much blame when things go poorly. With that said here are my overrated players (Not in any order).

Dwayne Wade
Derrick Rose
DWill
Chris Paul
James Harden
Josh Smith
Kevin Garnett
Shane Battier
Javale McGee

Supreme LA
12-02-2012, 03:23 PM
D-Wade for sure ^

Mr Costanza
12-02-2012, 03:40 PM
Agreed. He's no "Dwyane" Wade.

Thank you for fixing that! I had no clue who he was talking about.

Gram
12-02-2012, 03:53 PM
Thank you for fixing that! I had no clue who he was talking about.

:laugh2:

Max Power
12-02-2012, 03:56 PM
For whatever reason, people like to pretend that Tyson Chandler doesn't blow.

bagwell368
12-02-2012, 03:57 PM
All the old guys like KG and PP should get a bye, it's the old reputation they earned off of past exploits.

It's got to be somebody in their prime - or thought to be. The names that come to mind fist are Ellis, Lawson, Lin, Josh Smith.

If you want to talk about guys routinely mentioned as top 20 players - Melo and Rondo

bagwell368
12-02-2012, 03:59 PM
For whatever reason, people like to pretend that Tyson Chandler doesn't blow.

Please. He's been awesome the last 3 years - get new glasses.

shep33
12-02-2012, 04:01 PM
No way is Love overrated to me. Best PF in the NBA imo

shep33
12-02-2012, 04:03 PM
Josh Smith by a longshot

SLY WILLIAMS
12-02-2012, 04:05 PM
Please. He's been awesome the last 3 years - get new glasses.

Max Power had a legit point. Tyson has been really bad at times this season. Stats do not always tell the whole story.

Cal827
12-02-2012, 04:14 PM
D-Rose
D-Wade
D-Will
D-Harris
D-Derozan
D-Lilliard
D-Pittman

Anybody who's first name begins with D.

bucketss
12-02-2012, 04:17 PM
d-kobe.

seikou8
12-02-2012, 04:26 PM
d-will

shep33
12-02-2012, 04:34 PM
D-Rose
D-Wade
D-Will
D-Harris
D-Derozan
D-Lilliard
D-Pittman

D-Milicic would be upset with this Cal. :p

javaid64
12-02-2012, 04:42 PM
D-Rose
D-Wade
D-Will
D-Harris
D-Derozan
D-Lilliard
D-Pittman

D-Cousins

JNoel
12-02-2012, 04:44 PM
D-Antoni

dee279

Overrated on PSD-
James Harden
Chris Paul
Paul Pierce
Andrew Bynum
Josh Smith
Derrick Rose
Manu
Paul George
Eric Gordon
Kyle Lowry
Demarcus Cousins

Alot of those names and i mean ALOT are not examples of bein overrated. :facepalm:

QueensG_718
How is melo overrated? You guys are straight clowns. melo is a beast and an offensive juggernaut. He gets buckets and is one of if not the best scorer in the league. Sometimes i think psd is full of 12 yr olds who dont know **** about sports. He is dominating this year and leading the knicks. Anyway carry on trolls...

dee279
12-02-2012, 04:48 PM
D-Rose
D-Wade
D-Will
D-Harris
D-Derozan
D-Lilliard
D-Pittman

Not D-279. Hes underrated by a mile.

meloman1592
12-02-2012, 04:49 PM
For those who say amare is overrated, he's not. NOt many people think he's that good anymore. Overpaid not overrated

meloman1592
12-02-2012, 04:50 PM
oh yea, wade is overrated

JNoel
12-02-2012, 04:55 PM
oh yea, wade is overrated

Lmao, how is he overrated when everyone is calling him "done"? It's the same thing you said about Amare, not many people are high on Wade as of lately. How does that mean he's overrated?

naps
12-02-2012, 04:59 PM
D-Wade for sure

Kobe Bryant easily. The most overrated of all time in any sports.

naps
12-02-2012, 05:03 PM
Lmao, how is he overrated when everyone is calling him "done"? It's the same thing you said about Amare, not many people are high on Wade as of lately. How does that mean he's overrated?

He can't answer that. Bandwagons are like that. He was a Denver fan before and now he's a Knick fan.

b@llhog24
12-02-2012, 05:07 PM
Kobe.

felixng2012
12-02-2012, 05:08 PM
Surprised no mentions of Rondo.

Also lol at CP3 and Wade being overrated especially when people have been saying Wade is done for the past few years.

netsgiantsyanks
i thought people figured out that the nets had a ****** team besides d-will, he had no chance going anywhere with bench players and D-League caliber players on the team. plus he's been hit with injuries ever since he put on a nets uniform. but continue with your ignorance.

JNoel
He can't answer that. Bandwagons are like that. He was a Denver fan before and now he's a Knick fan.

It's funny, he doesn't even realize that he contradicted what he stated in his previous post. Wade can easily shut some of these homers up.

Alayla
12-02-2012, 05:12 PM
1. Blake Griffen
2. Kevin Love
3. Dwill

What dont people understand about he had NOTHING around him
no matter how good a player is you cant carry a team to the playoffs single handedly

as for love? :confused: ...no... just no
and griffen has actually become underrated some people didnt even see him as a top 3 PF overall last season. Hes having a down season satisicly right now but that doesn't make a player overrated.

JordansBulls
12-02-2012, 05:12 PM
Dirk Nowitski
Amare Stouemire
Derrick rose

1 and 3 hell no, maybe #2 though. Dirk won a title and did so as the only allstar on his team and beat a team with 3 superstars.

Rose led a team to the best record in the season as the only star and most wins ever for a team with only 1 allstar (tied with MJ in 1998) 62 wins.

Alayla
12-02-2012, 05:19 PM
Mello- (untill this year) been so sick of hearing mello named as a top 10 player when he until recently hasn't been remotely close

Tyrike Evans - why anyone would want this guy traded to there team is beyond me the real value on the kings is tornton

Rondo- a good number of people acutally belive he has been better than CP3 the last 2 or 3 seasons..

Alayla
12-02-2012, 05:23 PM
1 and 3 hell no, maybe #2 though. Dirk won a title and did so as the only allstar on his team and beat a team with 3 superstars.

Rose led a team to the best record in the season as the only star and most wins ever for a team with only 1 allstar (tied with MJ in 1998) 62 wins.

Carlos Boozer and later Lou Deng are former allstars and allstars on that team and idk about Noah but hes on his way this season people need to stop acting like Rose doesnt have help

same deal with Dirk take tyson chandler off that mavs team and they dont win a title
no one does anything alone but people are to ignorant to notice that

bucketss
12-02-2012, 05:24 PM

people say rose is better than wade the last time both were 100% healthy was 2011 and wade was clearly a top 3 player than and better than rose by many people. how the hell did rose have a injury filled season but still magically pass wade? i will never know

Gram
12-02-2012, 05:31 PM
How is melo overrated? You guys are straight clowns. melo is a beast and an offensive juggernaut. He gets buckets and is one of if not the best scorer in the league. Sometimes i think psd is full of 12 yr olds who dont know **** about sports. He is dominating this year and leading the knicks. Anyway carry on trolls...

Shut up. We're not trolls. Knick fans overate Melo way past the vision of your homer eyes. We understand he's an offensive juggernaut, we understand he's playing very well this season. But look at how you guys talk about him. One guy thinks he's the second best player in the league, Da Knicks thinks he's on the same level as Jordan. That's overrating. If you don't wanna accept then go get banned or some ****.

Also weren't most Knicks fan wanting him traded during Linsanity? Must mean he's sooooooo good and expendable because of Jeremy Lin's play. :facepalm:

IndiansFan337
12-02-2012, 05:56 PM
Carmelo Anthony is overrated. He's playing extremely well right now, but he's not a top 5-10 player. He is an elite scorer, but doesn't do all of the other things you need to win consistently.

flclfanman
12-02-2012, 06:03 PM
Dirk Nowitski
Amare Stouemire
Derrick rose

How is Dirk Overrated? Dude plays hard and result shows
Amare i totally agree. Don't deserve the kind of money he got from NY
Derrick Rose is by no means overrated. When he is healthy he is a threat to any opposing team. His shot had improved quite a bit before he went down and he clearly made Chicago legit and look how badly they suck without him

lol PSD some posters need to fix their sarcasm detectors (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggXmKPMaHMo)

GiantsSwaGG
12-02-2012, 06:10 PM
Dwayne Wade

Easily

justinnum1
12-02-2012, 06:11 PM
Carmelo Anthony is overrated. He's playing extremely well right now, but he's not a top 5-10 player. He is an elite scorer, but doesn't do all of the other things you need to win consistently.

He was the first week, but since then his shooting % has dropped and his defense has also fallen off.

Agree about him not being a top 10 player tho.

GiantsSwaGG
12-02-2012, 06:14 PM
Wade
D Will
Griffen

GiantsSwaGG
12-02-2012, 06:16 PM

Calling Melo overrated when he's already considered overrated is laughable. This season he's playing like a top 10 player, but he has to maintain it for 82 games. But what's not debatable is when he's on, he's might be the best player in the league offensively cause he's virtually unstoppable. But at the end of the day Melo has to maintain this play

justinnum1
12-02-2012, 06:17 PM
Calling Melo overrated when he's already considered overrated is laughable. This season he's playing like a top 10 player, but he has to maintain it for 82 games. But what's not debatable is when he's on, he's might be the best player in the league offensively cause he's virtually unstoppable. But at the end of the day Melo has to maintain this play

Even on melo's best day he is not better offensively than durant and lebron.

NYYCowboys
12-02-2012, 06:33 PM

He is this year. Watch the games sometime.

SteBO
12-02-2012, 06:41 PM
He is this year. Watch the games sometime.
Through 16 games.....Not saying that Melo isn't a better player this year so far, but consistency has always been his issue.

NYYCowboys
12-02-2012, 06:54 PM
Through 16 games.....Not saying that Melo isn't a better player this year so far, but consistency has always been his issue.

This is true, but he has never played defense like this before in his career. He's stripping balls, getting in good position, using his body strength to his advantage, and even diving after loose balls.

I've always had the NBA package and followed Melo closely since college, and never have I seen him play like this in his career. It seems like he has an edge to him now, and wants to lead by example.

But you do have a point. Hopefully he can sustain this kind of play for the entire season, so he can finally realize his top 10 potential.

strahan92osi72
12-02-2012, 06:56 PM
1. Westbrook
2. D-Will
3. Wade/Griffin (can't decide who is more overrated out of these 2)

Cal827
12-02-2012, 06:59 PM
I forgot a few from the overrated D list:

D-Nowitzki
D-Jordan
D-MeFavors

ThuglifeJ
12-02-2012, 07:04 PM
Shumpert, Carmelo Anthony, Tyson Chandler, Novak, Felton, Brewer, Prigoni, Kidd, Stoudemire, JR Smith, Sheed, Camby,

and Blake Griffin

SteBO
12-02-2012, 07:07 PM

This is true, but he has never played defense like this before in his career. He's stripping balls, getting in good position, using his body strength to his advantage, and even diving after loose balls.

I've always had the NBA package and followed Melo closely since college, and never have I seen him play like this in his career. It seems like he has an edge to him now, and wants to lead by example.

But you do have a point. Hopefully he can sustain this kind of play for the entire season, so he can finally realize his top 10 potential.
That's why I think he's a top 10 player at the moment. I see he's at least competing and giving effort defensively and he's rebounding the ball pretty well too based on what I've seen from him.

Supreme LA
12-02-2012, 07:23 PM
D-Wade has to be the most overrated player for sure and the only ones who do it are Heat fans.

ztilzer31
12-02-2012, 07:27 PM
I think Melo is just overrated because there are so many damn Knicks fans, but he gets blasted for the same big flaw Kobe has. Stop talking to the ref and get back on defense you over payed clowns!

LakersMaster24
12-02-2012, 07:28 PM
Aldridge is pretty overrated.

JNoel
12-02-2012, 07:28 PM
D-Wade has to be the most overrated player for sure and the only ones who do it are Heat fans.

Trust me, we have all been criticized Wade as much as some of these cats in the nba forum, we aren't delusional like some fans are :rolleyes:

SteBO
12-02-2012, 08:00 PM
D-Wade has to be one of the more under appreciated players, and the only ones who do are posters who have an agenda against all things Heat. :shrug:

It's clear you in particular have no clue what you're talking about, because Heat fans have been very critical of him as of late and rightfully so.

nyKnicks126
12-02-2012, 08:04 PM
Dwight Howard. He was the man in Orlando..

Sactown
12-02-2012, 09:09 PM
Anyone and everyone who plays in NY

WAYNEBO
12-02-2012, 11:07 PM
Anyone and everyone who plays in NY

Cowbells are pretty overrated. Could have a better design and functionality is limited.

topdog
12-02-2012, 11:18 PM
Carmelo Anthony
Michael Beasley

Essentially, a couple of knucklehead chuckers who people keep thinking are suddenly going to "get it" and rise to their respective "next level."

Sactown
12-02-2012, 11:19 PM
Cowbells are pretty overrated. Could have a better design and functionality is limited.

Ooooh you got me good :rolleyes:

ElishaJ1030
12-02-2012, 11:23 PM
Jeremy Lin

seikou8
12-02-2012, 11:24 PM
melo was getting so overrated now he is underrated omg the way psd talks about him like he is to even a top 30 player and play no defense. he has his flaws but damn

topdog
12-02-2012, 11:28 PM
melo was getting so overrated now he is underrated omg the way psd talks about him like he is to even a top 30 player and play no defense. he has his flaws but damn

I would disagree on the grounds that many of the more thoughtful posters in this forum had him somewhere between about 12 and 15. Of course, you have a large market in New York which skews the number of homers saying he is top 5 and others who respond to that homerism by saying he isn't even top 20.

In the end, it probably averages out to about 12-15 not including the limited sample size of this year.

Beltrans Mole
12-02-2012, 11:33 PM
Did you really just compare Michael Beasley and Melo? WOW. That's bad.

Cracka2HI!
1. Blake Griffen
2. Kevin Love
3. Dwill

1. Amare Stoudamire
2. Carmelo Anthony

seikou8
I would disagree on the grounds that many of the more thoughtful posters in this forum had him somewhere between about 12 and 15. Of course, you have a large market in New York which skews the number of homers saying he is top 5 and others who respond to that homerism by saying he isn't even top 20.

In the end, it probably averages out to about 12-15 not including the limited sample size of this year.

agreed

NYYCowboys
12-02-2012, 11:46 PM
Carmelo Anthony
Michael Beasley

Essentially, a couple of knucklehead chuckers who people keep thinking are suddenly going to "get it" and rise to their respective "next level."

Lol c'mon man let's not even mention Michael Beasley and Carmelo Anthony in the same sentence that's just stupid.

Killer Clown
12-03-2012, 12:04 AM
Derek Fisher

topdog
12-03-2012, 12:37 AM
Lol c'mon man let's not even mention Michael Beasley and Carmelo Anthony in the same sentence that's just stupid.

Melo and Melo Lite... at least that's what Beasley was supposed to be. My point is that they both have more natural ability than they generally display which leads people to continually believe that they will start actually using it (instead of shooting long jumpers). They also both focus far too much on getting theirs and putting up shots 1-on-1 instead of through team play.

Look, Melo has played well this year with his best NBA stats to date and that is exactly why it's foolish to think he suddenly "gets it" and is committed to being a top player.

Killer Clown
12-03-2012, 12:51 AM

This

topdog
12-03-2012, 12:56 AM

This

Well, they did shoot about the same percentage tonight and dished the same number of assists... ;)

AddiX
12-03-2012, 12:58 AM
Melo and Melo Lite... at least that's what Beasley was supposed to be. My point is that they both have more natural ability than they generally display which leads people to continually believe that they will start actually using it (instead of shooting long jumpers). They also both focus far too much on getting theirs and putting up shots 1-on-1 instead of through team play.

Look, Melo has played well this year with his best NBA stats to date and that is exactly why it's foolish to think he suddenly "gets it" and is committed to being a top player.

Melo is overrated? :facepalm:

Yet he started over klove at his own position for the olympic team.

What's that make love?

RonE Coleman
12-03-2012, 01:14 AM
Carmelo Anthony
Michael Beasley

And now I see why your Location is "Doghouse". You should be locked in there for this absolutely ridiculous post.

RonE Coleman
12-03-2012, 01:15 AM
Well, they did shoot about the same percentage tonight and dished the same number of assists... ;)

Kobe was 12-27 tonight, I guess that makes him overrated :facepalm:

NYYCowboys
12-03-2012, 01:24 AM

You're going to compare them based on 1 game lol? I don't know if that's just sarcasm to prove your point on it only being 16 games of good stats for Melo, or if you're serious. I would hope the former.

Bishnoff
12-03-2012, 01:28 AM
Some people in this thread (first page) really fail to grasp the concept of sarcasm.

Anji
12-03-2012, 02:34 AM
Overrated and underrated is just about perception. Almost all overrated players are pretty good players. Its just like the old quarterback saying. They get too much credit when things go well and too much blame when things go poorly. With that said here are my overrated players (Not in any order).

Dwayne Wade
Derrick Rose
DWill
Chris Paul
James Harden
Josh Smith
Kevin Garnett
Shane Battier
Javale McGee
Yo brother Sly, how you been???

Evolution23
12-03-2012, 05:16 AM
the whole Lakers team

QueensG_718
12-03-2012, 05:21 AM
the whole Lakers team

This

GiantsSwaGG
12-03-2012, 05:23 AM
Even on melo's best day he is not better offensively than durant and lebron.

:facepalm: on Melo's best day he's a better scorer than Lebron, Durant and Melo that's a difference story. I'd side with Durant but slightly. But Melo is a better scorer than Lebron and that's not hard to grasp!

Ebbs
12-03-2012, 05:41 AM
Mhm it's tough I feel like most players on PSD are underrated. Fan bases overrate certain guys but I'm having a tough time picking one sole player that's heavily overrated.

Maybe Josh Smith?

Munkeysuit
12-03-2012, 05:50 AM
Dwight Howard...Jason Terry...Andre Iguodala...Joe Johnson...

benzni
12-03-2012, 09:29 AM
Overrated:

Novak
Amare
Joe Johnson :P

chrisf975
12-03-2012, 09:52 AM
Seriously though it seems like people like to have a thought and then portray it as " many people feel this way" when they really don't just because that's the way you feel.

Whoosh

JasonJohnHorn
12-03-2012, 09:54 AM
Overrated? I'd say Melo. Everybody is going on about him being an MVP right now... jeez... If he was still playing in Denver nobody would even be taking notice.

On the other hand, were Kevin Love playing in NY right now, he would be in the MVP race.

Love is not overrated. He is an amazing scorer and an amazing rebounder who is still young and improving other parts of his game. He got drafted by an awful team that hasn't improved much since he got there. What do you expect him to do. Melo didn't win a playoffseries until his sixth season. Give Love a little time.

As for Blake... he's a great power forward. He's improving his game. I don't see how he is over rated.