PDA

View Full Version : Legit contenders?

Plat
12-02-2012, 03:46 AM
How many teams have a realistic chance of winning the Finals this year? right now my list would go as:

1. Heat
2. Thunder
3. Spurs

And if course if they gel and are healthy, the Lakers would challenge the Heat for the number one spot, it's pretty sad that only 4 teams have a legit shot at winning the title.

seikou8
12-02-2012, 03:47 AM
one injury can change everything and cool story bro

Baller1
12-02-2012, 03:48 AM
1. Heat
2. Thunder
3. Memphis
4. LAL
5. LAC

DanG
12-02-2012, 03:49 AM
OKC
Miami
Memphis
Spurs
Lakers
Clippers
Celtics

Sactown
12-02-2012, 03:50 AM
Kings /THREAD

Ebbs
12-02-2012, 04:08 AM
Heat
Thunder
Laker
Spurs
Clippers
Grizzlies
Nets
Knicks

Plat
12-02-2012, 04:09 AM
I don't know, I don't see the Clippers or the Grizzlies winning a championship this year.

Munkeysuit
12-02-2012, 04:26 AM
Legit - Miami / OKC / Memphis / Spurs

RealLiveBear
12-02-2012, 09:11 AM
OKC
Miami
Spurs
Grizz
LAC

xxplayerxx23
12-02-2012, 09:53 AM
Miami
OKC
LAL
LAC
Memphis
Spurs
Knicks
Celtics
Nets.

effen5
12-02-2012, 09:59 AM
I can't believe I am saying this but the definitely add the knicks

Ill21
12-02-2012, 10:05 AM
Miami
OKC
LAL
LAC
Memphis
Spurs
Knicks
Celtics
Nets.

Perfect list

JPS
12-02-2012, 10:09 AM
Heat
Thunder
Laker
Spurs
Clippers
Grizzlies
Nets
Knicks

This would be my list so far. If the Heat turn back into the Heat then it is a 1 team list.

JordansBulls
12-02-2012, 10:10 AM
I can't believe I am saying this but the definitely add the knicks

:clap:

I think they have a better shot than Boston that is for sure.

BklynKnicks3
12-02-2012, 10:13 AM
Heat thunder clippers knicks memphis spurs

kdspurman
12-02-2012, 11:12 AM
1. Heat
2. Thunder
3. Memphis
4. LAL
5. LAC

Interesting you wouldn't have the Spurs there, but you have the lakers?

ATX
12-02-2012, 11:19 AM
How many teams have a realistic chance of winning the Finals this year? right now my list would go as:

1. Heat
2. Thunder
3. Spurs

And if course if they gel and are healthy, the Lakers would challenge the Heat for the number one spot, it's pretty sad that only 4 teams have a legit shot at winning the title.

Got to include the Grizz, Clips and the Knicks here.

SouthSideRookie
12-02-2012, 11:24 AM
Miami
OKC
LAL
LAC
Memphis
Spurs
Knicks
Celtics
Nets.
You just about named half the playoff teams.

Interesting you wouldn't have the Spurs there, but you have the lakers?

Best thing that happened to SA was Harden traded from OKC. The'll have a shot now.

justinnum1
12-02-2012, 11:28 AM
1. Heat
2. Thunder
3. Memphis
4. LAL
5. LAC

This. No one else matters.

VinceCarter
12-02-2012, 11:36 AM
Heat thunder clippers knicks memphis spurs

If you have the Knicks on a list you have to have the Nets IMO. They're both playing quite similar.

I Rock Shaqs
12-02-2012, 11:37 AM
damn the nuggets fell off hard.

BklynKnicks3
12-02-2012, 11:38 AM
If you have the Knicks on a list you have to have the Nets IMO. They're both playing quite similar.

Nets are playing well but they dont have Carmelo anthony. I dont think Dwill is good enough to be the best player on a contender NJ = hawks teams with woodson

kdspurman
12-02-2012, 11:40 AM
This. No one else matters.

It's really funny ya'll keep saying that :laugh2:

KnicksorBust
12-02-2012, 11:41 AM
I refuse to sign off on the Grizz, Nets, or Knicks.

Legit contenders:

Heat
Lakers
Clippers
Thunder
Spurs

kdspurman
12-02-2012, 11:42 AM
Heat
Thunder
Laker
Spurs
Clippers
Grizzlies
Nets
Knicks

I'd say as of now, this looks good.

justinnum1
12-02-2012, 11:42 AM
It's really funny ya'll keep saying that :laugh2:

And i keep forgetting the spurs :laugh2:

but i think you spurs fans like it that way ;)

kdspurman
12-02-2012, 11:46 AM
And i keep forgetting the spurs :laugh2:

but i think you spurs fans like it that way ;)

lmao... Well we usually do fly under the radar, but the spotlight is bright as hell on as. At least this past week. It's like, we don't need people to talk about us like the Heat or Lakers, but don't forget we exist! :)

DanG
12-02-2012, 12:03 PM
Favorites:
Heat
Thunder
Contenders:
Spurs
Clippers
Grizzlies
Knicks
Nets

Teams that are struggling right now, but are expected to be contenders:
Lakers
Celtics

2-ONE-5
12-02-2012, 12:17 PM
LOL at the people putting the Nets and Celtics. Knicks wont contend either but given their start I cant hate on people for picking them for now.

OKC, Miami, SA, LAL, LAC, Memphis are the best 5 easily. Everyone was starting to write off the Grizz and they came out of the gate strong.

Minimal
12-02-2012, 12:19 PM
Heat
Spurs
Thunder
Celtics
Memphis
Lakers
Clippers

Cano4prez
12-02-2012, 12:20 PM
Heat
Thunder
Spurs
Clippers
Lakers

xxplayerxx23
12-02-2012, 12:38 PM
Knicks won't contend? Nets won't contend? Celtics won't Contend? The west is wide open, so its not like I stretched with those teams. You guys think the East is Miami and they are unbeatable, but they really aren't.

Pluvious
12-02-2012, 12:45 PM
I refuse to sign off on the Grizz, Nets, or Knicks.

Legit contenders:

Heat
Lakers
Clippers
Thunder
Spurs

Smart man. That is exactly the list. Perfect. The three above you are spot on about as well...very good teams but not contenders.

meloman1592
12-02-2012, 12:49 PM
Favorites:
Heat
Thunder
Contenders:
Spurs
Clippers
Grizzlies
Knicks
Nets

Teams that are struggling right now, but are expected to be contenders:
Lakers
Celtics

Extremely well put! Thank you

ee
12-02-2012, 05:58 PM
I think the celtics needs a legit rebounding big to contend.... Rondos shooting hurts this team....

Slug3
12-02-2012, 06:15 PM
Nets are playing well but they dont have Carmelo anthony. I dont think Dwill is good enough to be the best player on a contender NJ = hawks teams with woodson

You mean the Melo who hasn't won in the playoffs?

justinnum1
12-02-2012, 06:17 PM
You mean the Melo who hasn't won in the playoffs?

:laugh:

he thinks melo is on jordans level...

StarvingKnick22
12-02-2012, 06:17 PM
OKC
Miami
Memphis
Spurs
Lakers
Clippers
Celtics

1. Heat
2. Thunder
3. Memphis
4. LAL
5. LAC

1. Heat
2. Thunder
3. Spurs

These lists and any lists that have Celtics and Clippers on it are terrible lists.

Avenged
12-02-2012, 06:18 PM
Heat
Thunder
Spurs

Grizzlies
Knicks
Clippers
Lakers
Nets

Some teams obviously have a higher chance than others.

Slug3
12-02-2012, 06:19 PM
:laugh:

he thinks melo is on jordans level...

After I responded I noticed it was bklynknick and I knew I just wasted my time. Lol

Plat
12-02-2012, 06:27 PM
These lists and any lists that have Celtics and Clippers on it are terrible lists.

Or is it because the Knicks aren't on it...?? :facepalm:

Clippersfan86
12-02-2012, 06:30 PM

Almost everybody does, so that means none of us know sh** and you are a know it all. Celtics to me personally aren't quite contenders this year but with their history even in slow starts in recent years can't be thrown to the curb. Clippers are 7-2 vs contenders and had their mental lapse where they played down to teams but have bounced back with two wins and still are nowhere near 100 percent.

Billups+Odom are improving their conditioning and Hill still isn't back. If even two of those 3 things work out well the Clippers could win the west.

Anji
12-02-2012, 06:31 PM
I think people shouldn't sleep on the Mavs. If Dirk get's back, this is probably the best team he has had since 2006.

People waiting on the Lakers to get it, wait until OJ, Kamen and Darren are working with Dirk and Brand is eating up teams backups.

The league is Deep this year.

Dade County
12-02-2012, 06:32 PM
I think the NBA is scripted sooo...

HEAT
OKC

Now if the script writers want to go in a different direction, then

Knicks
Lakers
Spurs
Memphis
Clippers

These teams above can make it to their Conference Finals, but to beat the HEAT or OKC, then you will need the powers to be with you (Stern & Co ), so you can get some calls late in the game.

HEAT & Knicks ECF, like I have been saying way before the season started ( the league is scripted )

Clippers have to make it to the WCF or Cp3 is gone, and the league can not have that... So Clippers vs ? is a very good question.

KnickaBocka.44
12-02-2012, 06:34 PM

HEAT
OKC

Knicks
Lakers
Spurs
Memphis
Clippers

These teams above can make it to their Conference Finals, but to beat the HEAT or OKC, then you will need the powers to be with you (Stern & Co ), so you can get some calls late in the game.

HEAT & Knicks ECF, like I have been saying way before the season started ( the league is scripted )

Clippers have to make it to the WCF or Cp3 is gone, and the league can not have that... So Clippers vs ? is a very good question.

Pretty convenient thought process; If my team doesn't win then the league must be scripted :rolleyes:

Clippersfan86
12-02-2012, 06:34 PM

HEAT
OKC

Knicks
Lakers
Spurs
Memphis
Clippers

So CP3 HAS to get further than he's ever been in his career in his second year with a new team or else he takes a huge paycut and bails?

HowFit
12-02-2012, 06:46 PM
Legit - Miami / OKC / Memphis / Spurs

This...

LoveMeOrHateMe
12-02-2012, 06:48 PM

1. Heat
2. Thunder
3. Spurs

Lakers
Heat
Spurs
Thunder
Memphis
Brooklyn
Knicks
Clippers
celtics

lvlheaded
12-02-2012, 06:53 PM
I dont really get the people that are willing to put the Clips and Celts, but not the Knicks and Nets. They have played very well so far, out playing both those teams. I think if you are going to include those two, you have too include the teams from NY.

Legit: Heat, Spurs, Thunder

Close: Knicks, Grizz, Nets

They will get there: Lakers, Clippers, Celtics

Thats how I look at it, for now anyway

Gram
12-02-2012, 06:53 PM
Memphis is a contender. I'd love to see them win too.

justinnum1
12-02-2012, 06:55 PM
Good chance:
Heat
Spurs
Thunder
Not a very good chance:
Memphis
Brooklyn
Knicks
Clippers
celtics
Lakers

Yep.

RonE Coleman
12-02-2012, 06:56 PM
Heat Thunder Spurs Memphis Knicks Lakers and maybe the Clippers

Gram
12-02-2012, 06:57 PM

Elaborate.

RonE Coleman
12-02-2012, 06:57 PM
Celtics are done unless they make some moves over the course of the year

hievan
12-02-2012, 06:58 PM
I could see a thunder vs memphis conference final going 7 games, also knicks or nets have a good shot at ECF but contenders are really only OKC Miami Spurs and Grizz. Melo hasnt ever done anything in the playoffs to warrant a finals run this year. East is pretty much locked down(although the celtics took miami to 7 last year so who knows), west is wide open but go thunder! Lol

justinnum1
12-02-2012, 07:00 PM

you think the knicks are contenders but not the clippers?

:facepalm:

--23--
12-02-2012, 07:00 PM
Heat, Lakers, Thunder, Clippers, Memphis, Spurs

RonE Coleman
12-02-2012, 07:01 PM
Elaborate.

Outside of Miami, the Knicks are the 2nd best team in the East and will only get better with Iman and Amare coming back despite what the media tells you people who buy into whatever they say.

Faneik
12-02-2012, 07:03 PM
If Lebron doesn't get injured, the Heat will be in the Finals. Sorry Knicks and Nets fans, but they're just too dominant.

Regarding the West, this is how I rank them right now:

1. OKC
2. Lakers --> they will improve their performance
3. Spurs
4. Grizzlies
5. Clippers

RonE Coleman
12-02-2012, 07:06 PM
you think the knicks are contenders but not the clippers?

What do the Knicks have anything to do with the Clippers? The West is much better than the East. Clippers would have to outlast the Spurs who smacked them around last year in the playoffs, the Thunder, Lakers and Memphis.

The Knicks are not as good as Miami but would have a better chance making it past Miami then the Clippers do getting by those 4 teams.

If you can't grasp that :facepalm:

Dade County
12-02-2012, 07:09 PM
So CP3 HAS to get further than he's ever been in his career in his second year with a new team or else he takes a huge paycut and bails?

I see that you are a Clippers fan, and this news might upset you, but thats the reality.

You can just look at Cp3 and tell that this guy is not going to accept not winning a ring in his PRIME!

If his brothers ( Wade/Lbj) win another ring, and he see's that Stern is giving over the league to the HEAT/Lbj, I don't see him staying with the Clippers.

All cp3 have to do is have one sit down with Lbj or Wade, and they will inform him how the league works... NBA = Entertainment.

So to answer your question... He's gone man, if the Clippers don't make it to the WCF... Cp3 would have no reason to feel guilty, he would be a free agent, his old team got something for him, because Cp3 informed the Clippers that he will not Opt out, so they had him for 2 full years.

I am one of the people that feel that, their is a great chance that Cp3 & Howard will be on the same team... These guys need to win man, they don't have time to fool around, while the HEAT:D take everything and leave noting and be shutout.

I hope I answered your question in full.

Dade County
12-02-2012, 07:18 PM
Pretty convenient thought process; If my team doesn't win then the league must be scripted :rolleyes:

ummm... I did add OKC didn't I?

If you have read any of my post, you know I always say that this league is rigged and I really don't no why people even watch. I have stated that if my team wasn't the one getting all the calls ( when the games really matter ), I wouldn't tolerate this ****.

It is as clear as day, that the league favors some Super Star players... And that team is not going to loss, no matter how much of an effort an opponent puts up... It's been happening for years man.

But whatever, just think what you want. You'll see in the ECF:D it's just going to hurt you a whole lot more.