PDA

View Full Version : Break Down of Nets/Knicks

Guppyfighter
12-01-2012, 06:28 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_135884&feature=iv&src_vid=WIO749J3psQ&v=yscYEG_U1Nc

Enjoy. Full of great analysis.

knicks=love
12-01-2012, 06:31 PM
oh look, another nets/knicks thread. :facepalm:

flimflamman
12-01-2012, 06:32 PM
We not at full strength
Knicks I mean. Wait to after.Shumphert and Amare S return and the team sets up the rotation.

Ebbs
12-01-2012, 06:34 PM
This should get moved to the Game thread

BigBlueCrew
12-01-2012, 06:34 PM
who the heck is Coach Nick?? and this analysis is nothing new.

BradHolt4CYoung
12-01-2012, 06:38 PM
So...same old Melo.

KNICKS R BAK

rocket
12-01-2012, 06:39 PM
God the NBA forum is horrible no one gives a **** about the Nets and Knicks.

Post this in your own forum god damn

Guppyfighter
12-01-2012, 06:40 PM

I am not a Knicks or a Nets fan. If I wanted to post my own teams breakdown from him I would have.

JOhnnyTHaJet
12-01-2012, 06:50 PM
Great video either way.

ee
12-01-2012, 06:54 PM

Why posting about a certain team needs to be in their own forum? How are they supposed to get unbiased response?

StarvingKnick22
12-01-2012, 07:15 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLk4Ia0otko

JOhnnyTHaJet
12-01-2012, 07:16 PM

Knicks fans should, that Melo Defense is disgusting, its even worse in that Griz vs Knicks video.

Guppyfighter
12-01-2012, 07:17 PM

Not to be that guy, but I am sure a lot.

People who gamble, or just enjoy the game.

justinnum1
12-01-2012, 07:18 PM
So...same old Melo.

KNICKS R BAK

lol

Robbw241
12-01-2012, 07:19 PM
:facepalm: another pointless thread. This game was a ****ing week ago, let's move on.

jmoney85
12-01-2012, 07:21 PM
nets only won because we werent full strength... wait till we get shumpert, amare, bill bradley, willis reed, and walt frazier back... we are going to own you

Guppyfighter
12-01-2012, 07:22 PM
If you do not want to discuss what's in the video or the topic you have every right to ignore the thread. This is not a mandatory read.

I ignore threads I don't care about all time and I don't sarcastically post in them every other post asking who cares.

seikou8
12-01-2012, 07:32 PM
nets only won because we werent full strength... wait till we get shumpert, amare, bill bradley, willis reed, and walt frazier back... we are going to own you

:rolleyes:yup like nets fans didnt make excuses for the last 3 years but the nets won congrats but we still have 3 more to go and that game was very close.if two of your best 5 players were out we will never hear the end of it.

TheNumber37
12-01-2012, 07:33 PM

I hope your not a Piston's fan.

javsvt
12-01-2012, 07:34 PM
Great analysis from coach Nick. Really brought out the true Knick effort, you know, like the effort we've shown in the wins we've had. Everyone knows Melo's defense isn't the best, but now that coach Nick pointed it out, I think we should trade him.

xxplayerxx23
12-01-2012, 07:36 PM
Knicks :drool: Nets :puke: /Thread.

Guppyfighter
12-01-2012, 07:38 PM
Great analysis from coach Nick. Really brought out the true Knick effort, you know, like the effort we've shown in the wins we've had. Everyone knows Melo's defense isn't the best, but now that coach Nick pointed it out, I think we should trade him.

Clearly you didn't watch past that part because it was also about the offense.

javsvt
12-01-2012, 07:43 PM
No I did, but all all the Knick haters will just point that out.

Guppyfighter
12-01-2012, 07:44 PM
It's not Melo's just bad at defense. It's what the guy said, he feigns effort. That's a pretty big problem. It's not terminable, but it's what holding the Knicks back from being better than the Heat.

justinnum1
12-01-2012, 07:46 PM
It's not Melo's just bad at defense. It's what the guy said, he feigns effort. That's a pretty big problem. It's not terminable, but it's what holding the Knicks back from being better than the Heat.

It's more than just melos effort that is holding the knicks back from being better than miami...

xxplayerxx23
12-01-2012, 07:48 PM
Melo's defense has been solid so far this year :eyebrow:

Guppyfighter
Yes, that's true, but it's part of the problem, not the solution.

StarvingKnick22
Not to be that guy, but I am sure a lot.

People who gamble, or just enjoy the game.
YOU made the thread. Of course YOU assume that.

Knicks fans should, that Melo Defense is disgusting, its even worse in that Griz vs Knicks video.

Not if you actually watch him play. He doesn't exactly get steals or blocks as much Lebron does, but he is one hell of a player man-to-man.

Guppyfighter
Melo's defense has been solid so far this year :eyebrow:

Except, it hasn't in the Rockets game, Grizzlies game, and the Nets game.

BigBlueCrew
12-01-2012, 07:50 PM
It's more than just melos effort that is holding the knicks back from being better than miami...

I know your not complaining about effort. You who ***** about Miami's effort every single night in the game threads

xxplayerxx23
12-01-2012, 07:50 PM

Um, 3 games out of 15 nice.

Guppyfighter
12-01-2012, 07:52 PM
Um, 3 games out of 15 nice.

It's more than just those games, just the ones where is lack of effort actually showed.

It's partly why Knicks are 18th in defensive efficiency now.

BigBlueCrew
12-01-2012, 07:56 PM
It's more than just those games, just the ones where is lack of effort actually showed.

Because Coach Nick said so :laugh2:

Guppyfighter
12-01-2012, 07:57 PM
Because Coach Nick said so :laugh2:

No, they are 18th in defensive efficiency because they are and Melo feigns effort because he does.

Difficult concepts, I know, but they are there.

javsvt
12-01-2012, 07:58 PM
No, they are 18th in defensive efficiency because they are and Melo feigns effort because he does.

See, this is why I said haters will only bring this up. My thoughts were correct .....

BigBlueCrew
12-01-2012, 08:00 PM

5 people on the court and they are 18th in defensive efficiency because Melo feigns effort?

say it with me PSD

HATER!!!!!!!

Guppyfighter
12-01-2012, 08:01 PM
See, this is why I said haters will only bring this up. My thoughts were correct .....

Your definition of a hater being someone who criticizes?

The Knicks are a good team, but if being called a hater means you aren't ignoring faults, that's dumb.

Using the term hater in any argument is dumb.

Guppyfighter
12-01-2012, 08:03 PM
5 people on the court and they are 18th in defensive efficiency because Melo feigns effort?

say it with me PSD

HATER!!!!!!!

You do realize I said partly and you do realize basketball is the sport one person can have the most possible impact, right?

BigBlueCrew
12-01-2012, 08:05 PM
You do realize I said partly and you do realize basketball is the sport one person can have the most possible impact, right?

on the offensive side, genius. playing defense still a team thing.

Guppyfighter
12-01-2012, 08:07 PM
on the offensive side, genius. playing defense still a team thing.

In Bogut's peak year.

Off the court, Bucks were the 29th worst defensive team.

On the court, 3rd best defensive team.

One player has a massive difference on either side.

xxplayerxx23
12-01-2012, 08:09 PM

He isn't built to guard Marc gasol and Zbo. His effort has been there/ he ha played great. Still a small sample size. And lol ur the guy that said iggy>melo lol

Guppyfighter
12-01-2012, 08:10 PM
He isn't built to guard Marc gasol and Zbo. His effort has been there/ he ha played great. Still a small sample size. And lol ur the guy that said iggy>melo lol

And I still think that because Iggy doesn't ever not try on defense.

He produces a better net total of points.

xxplayerxx23
12-01-2012, 08:11 PM
Melo is a sf / Pf. C are more notorious to change the team defense, like Dwight Tyson types. Very rarely do you have a wing defender change the numbers like that ^

Guppyfighter
12-01-2012, 08:12 PM
Melo is a sf / Pf. C are more notorious to change the team defense, like Dwight Tyson types. Very rarely do you have a wing defender change the numbers like that ^

That's why I said partly. I didn't say he was the sole reason they were the 18th best defensive team. But he is part of the problem, not the solution on defense.

NYYCowboys
12-01-2012, 08:18 PM
Both teams look very good right now, and I hope it stays that way. I like having a hated rival within the city. It's nice to have big rivalry games to look forward to with the Nets, Heat and Celtics now.

BigBlueCrew
12-01-2012, 08:19 PM
That's why I said partly. I didn't say he was the sole reason they were the 18th best defensive team. But he is part of the problem, not the solution on defense.

No you made it out like Melo was the sole reason.

Is it my fault the Bucks didnt have a good backup solution for Bogut when he wasnt on the floor. No-one asked them to have a backup all-star solution. just someone who could produce some defense. That's their fault. Especially with someone so injury prone. So tough ****. Defense is a team proposition if done properly.

Guppyfighter
12-01-2012, 08:21 PM
Melo has all the physical attributes and shot making ability to be a superstar. But when he feigns effort on defense, it hurts his team. But as the video said, it's the scheme that is the problem as well. Doubling in the wrong situations, etc.

I didn't make it sound like that. It's just you go in defense mode when you hear something about your favorite player. Be less defensive.

Evolution23
12-01-2012, 08:23 PM
If Melo lost his hairline, he would be better than Lebron. If Amare had a man purse he would be better than Wade. #Truthisms

xxplayerxx23
12-01-2012, 08:31 PM

The sample size is too small, The Knicks can go back to dominat defense in 5 straight games then go back to top 5, but then have 5 bad games boom back to 20, its too soon.

YashBoone
12-01-2012, 08:31 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slk4ia0otko

:d

Guppyfighter
12-01-2012, 08:32 PM
The sample size is too small, The Knicks can go back to dominat defense in 5 straight games then go back to top 5, but then have 5 bad games boom back to 20, its too soon.

Well the large sample sizes don't help Melo's case for defense.

If you think he will turn it around, that's your prerogative and it is just wait-n-see now.

xxplayerxx23
12-01-2012, 08:36 PM
Well the large sample sizes don't help Melo's case for defense.

If you think he will turn it around, that's your prerogative and it is just wait-n-see now.

Melos defense has been fine. We will see playoff time which is all I care about. You want to try and say Melo is the same defender as his days in denver or when he got to NY, that is just false (Not saying you are)

javsvt
12-01-2012, 09:54 PM
Your definition of a hater being someone who criticizes?

The Knicks are a good team, but if being called a hater means you aren't ignoring faults, that's dumb.

Using the term hater in any argument is dumb.
I believe their are Melo haters in PSD, just search, but who cares really. These threads are gonna bring supporters and haters, if that was your sole purpose, so be it. But you know deep in your heart you will not get a mature thread when these 2 teams are involved. People will criticize Melo till the day he retires, I guess I should be used to you guys posting threads that have a hidden intent. Deny it all you want, but it shows Melo is the sole topic in this thread.

Guppyfighter
12-01-2012, 09:58 PM
I believe their are Melo haters in PSD, just search, but who cares really. These threads are gonna bring supporters and haters, if that was your sole purpose, so be it. But you know deep in your heart you will not get a mature thread when these 2 teams are involved. People will criticize Melo till the day he retires, I guess I should be used to you guys posting threads that have a hidden intent. Deny it all you want, but it shows Melo is the sole topic in this thread.

You do realize you are the one that started the discussion on Melo, right? Go to page two.

javsvt
12-01-2012, 10:01 PM
You do realize you are the one that started the discussion on Melo, right? Go to page two.

Post 6 and 12, next time read your thread.

Guppyfighter
12-01-2012, 10:03 PM
Post 6 and 12, next time read your thread.

It's pretty clear you were the catalyst in making it solely about Melo. Stop being so defensive.

javsvt
12-01-2012, 10:14 PM
It's pretty clear you were the catalyst in making it solely about Melo. Stop being so defensive.

Oh yeah, now I started it.:facepalm:

Guppyfighter
12-01-2012, 10:26 PM
Oh yeah, now I started it.:facepalm:

I even brought up the team offense and you shifted it back to haters and Melo.

javsvt
12-01-2012, 10:30 PM
I even brought up the team offense and you shifted it back to haters and Melo.

Ok, I'll take the blame.....

RonE Coleman
12-01-2012, 10:33 PM
Ok, I'll take the blame.....

OP is just dumb, don't even bother

Lakers4life08
12-01-2012, 10:39 PM
Carmelo is garbage on defense,he just to fat and to lazy.....he thinks that scoring 25 points on 45 % and his ISO garbage is the way to win championship....but with his joke defense Knicks will be happy if their not loose in the first round 4-0

RonE Coleman
12-01-2012, 10:45 PM
Carmelo is garbage on defense,he just to fat and to lazy.....he thinks that scoring 25 points on 45 % and his ISO garbage is the way to win championship....but with his joke defense Knicks will be happy if their not loose in the first round 4-0

:facepalm:

knicks=love
12-01-2012, 10:46 PM
the title of this thread is very misleading. i thought it was going to be an actual breakdown of the game for both sides, not a breakdown of the defensive flaws the knicks had against the nets in one game.

knicks=love
12-01-2012, 10:46 PM

was that english?

javsvt
12-01-2012, 10:52 PM
Yep, and this is why I say these threads are intended at one thing, but after seeing some of these posters type, it might get comical. So I'm done, I'll just sit back and enjoy the show now.

VinceCarter
12-01-2012, 11:13 PM
Wow, this video makes me love Reggie Evans even more!

VinceCarter
12-01-2012, 11:24 PM

He was stating facts. How is that hating?

Guppyfighter
12-01-2012, 11:25 PM
Check the second part as well, this is a break down of the game.

nysportsfan23
12-01-2012, 11:39 PM
Idk, three different games analyzed at once, its hard to get a read on the east elite:
Knicks beat heat- Knicks had no Amare and shumpert, impressive win or were the heat hung over from partying in ny?
Nets beat Knicks- Knicks were even more shorthanded, what can be said about this win?
Heat Dominate nets- off night for nets or is heat machine running on all cylinders?

Also, will Boston round into shape and be there at the end? Is Atlanta for real considering their schedule so far?
Bottom line, its too early to really analyze things, need another month or two.

javsvt
12-01-2012, 11:44 PM
He was stating facts. How is that hating?
Ok let's see fact...

So...same old Melo.

KNICKS R BAK
^^^ is this a fact, I don't think so, he has games that he doesn't look so great, but we have a winning record, and he showed effort in those.

lol
This guy is in love with Lebron, so this is the response you get.

So you admit that it's only in 3 games that he has looked terrible, so really the effort is there, just not in 3 games.

The effort is there, maybe not all the time, but it's there. And as a fan of the Knicks, I would love to see him give all the time. I just think its funny that you want a serious thread when you have guys like these posting about Melo, but never post when he scores at will and we wind up winning. I actually thought he was gonna have trouble scoring against Wallace, but we all saw he can score on him, and on anyone else.

Guppyfighter
12-01-2012, 11:52 PM
Mine was in response to you I think saying the ******** line of "it's true cause this guy said it." As if his what he said held less weight.

So I rightfully pointed out, the things that were true were true because they actually happen.

Hustla23
12-01-2012, 11:58 PM
Even with the absolute turdfests put up by the Knicks in the Nets and Rockets games, the Knicks still have the highest SRS in the eastern conference.

The Nets are a tier below the Knicks.

The Heat have noticeably regressed from last season.

VinceCarter
12-01-2012, 11:58 PM
Ok let's see fact...

New York is 12th in defensive efficiency: http://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/teamstats/_/sort/defensiveEff/order/false

javsvt
12-01-2012, 11:59 PM
Mine was in response to you I think saying the ******** line of "it's true cause this guy said it." As if his what he said held less weight.

So I rightfully pointed out, the things that were true were true because they actually happen.

I wanna see a vid of breaking down Knicks against Heat, or Spurs, does that exist?

javsvt
12-02-2012, 12:02 AM
New York is 12th in defensive efficiency: http://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/teamstats/_/sort/defensiveEff/order/false

Wrong thread, we are obviously talking Melos effort, or according to some the lack there of. Where they rank in defense will probably be another thread started by a Nets fan.

VinceCarter
12-02-2012, 12:04 AM
Wrong thread, we are obviously talking Melos effort, or according to some the lack there of. Where they rank in defense will probably be another thread started by a Nets fan.

I thought we were talking about where the Knicks defense is at and how Melo's lack of it contributes to that ranking.

knicksfan42
12-02-2012, 12:07 AM
Knicks are currently 12th in defensive efficiency. The game was a super close OT game in which the Knicks had a number of players out with injuries while the Nets were 100% healthy. We were leading in the end and let the game slip. It sucks we lost, but I'm not too concerned about the loss.

Melo's D on the whole has been very solid this year. As I said our D is actually 12th in efficiency right now and what really ****ed our ranking is the blow out vs Houston. At the start of the season every game has a huge effect on the stats, if we keep Pheonix under 90 points tomorrow we'll be in the top 10 yet again.

Guppyfighter
12-02-2012, 12:08 AM
I wanna see a vid of breaking down Knicks against Heat, or Spurs, does that exist?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VYDNyO-mQg

From the playoffs

javsvt
12-02-2012, 12:12 AM
We have a winning record so far, I don't know why we are still talking Nets and Knicks. We can talk offense, FT shooing, but eventually people will bring up Melo and how he is so bad on defense. :rolleyes:

javsvt
12-02-2012, 12:14 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VYDNyO-mQg

From the playoffs
Im talking this year, not last.

Guppyfighter
12-02-2012, 12:16 AM
Im talking this year, not last.

He does a lot of break downs and he takes requests. If you feel there is a really good game by the Knicks later, request him to break down that game.

I requested him to do the Warriors game and he said he would. And he did.

javsvt
12-02-2012, 12:22 AM
I know what I see from Melo, pointing out 3 games that he hasn't performed well is ridiculous. On most nights, he carries this team. I know his defense is not great, but it has improved.

Guppyfighter
12-02-2012, 12:26 AM
I know what I see from Melo, pointing out 3 games that he hasn't performed well is ridiculous. On most nights, he carries this team. I know his defense is not great, but it has improved.

I am sure he doesn't disagree. He said the problems with the Knicks defense were the schemes, and sometimes Melo takes possessions off.

And I didn't hear anyone say anything about Novak, because CN was a lot more mean about Novak's defense in that game.

javsvt
12-02-2012, 12:29 AM
Didn't Novack have 3 blocks the other night? :laugh2:
Novak is pretty bad.