PDA

View Full Version : BKN Top 10 in defense

ee
12-01-2012, 02:19 PM
So after last nights game, Nets are now top 8 in defense, just a shy away from 7th... 2nd in points allowed.... Is it still a pipe dream when Avery said his goal for this team is to be in the top 10 defensively? It's only 15 games but we did held a few high scoring teams under 90 points...

Fire away....

http://www.basketball-reference.com/leagues/NBA_2013_ratings.html#ratings::none

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-01-2012, 02:25 PM
Dont feed the troll....geez

QueensG_718
12-01-2012, 02:25 PM
Nets forum

GeekInThePink
12-01-2012, 02:37 PM
With Joe Johnson on the team and Brooke Lopez, this is shocking. Good for them.

Chill_Will_24
12-01-2012, 02:46 PM
Considering they have no elite defenders on the team and only one or two good ones, they have impressed me. Avery deserves credit for getting the Nets to play hard.

Imagine what a DPOY C would have done for them :speechless:

maddBat
12-01-2012, 02:52 PM
yeaa we been balling. its actually our team d thats improved drastically. crash, evans, and a little bit of hump and lopez have been holding it down (evans n crash def rubbin off on him..maybe he'll lose that soft label after this season) . when theres penetration in the d theres always some1 to step up and cover that man. ive been impressed so far. but we have big tests comin up. 2night against the heat and okc on tuesday. lets c where we stand after that b4 we talk.

DoMeFavors
12-01-2012, 02:54 PM

Joe is a good defender what you talkin bout?

StarvingKnick22
12-01-2012, 03:01 PM
Joe is a good defender what you talkin bout?

How do you live with yourself knowing that you are just going to get up out of bed and troll???

DoMeFavors
12-01-2012, 03:02 PM
How do you live with yourself knowing that you are just going to get up out of bed and troll???

So Joe isnt a good defender?.....

GeekInThePink
12-01-2012, 03:08 PM

On a good day Joe is an average defender.

Chill_Will_24
12-01-2012, 03:09 PM

Average

DoMeFavors
12-01-2012, 03:13 PM
he looks fine to me, defending wise and has been on great defensive teams the past 5 years.

GeekInThePink
12-01-2012, 03:14 PM
he looks fine to me, defending wise and has been on great defensive teams the past 5 years.

Well, you need to get your eyes check ma'am.

DoMeFavors
12-01-2012, 03:15 PM
Well, you need to get your eyes check ma'am.

numbers dont lie junior

Gibby
12-01-2012, 03:17 PM

i think people exaggerating how bad lopez is on defence. he is not great rebounder but he is solid (8.2 reb per 36 mins). he doesnt need to be a great rebounder with humphries and wallace in the front court. he is averaging a career high 2.5 blks in less than 30 mins.

javsvt
12-01-2012, 03:18 PM
God forbid someone on the Nets isn't that good at something.......:rolleyes:

GeekInThePink
12-01-2012, 03:20 PM
numbers dont lie junior

Junior? Am I younger then you or something? lol

DoMeFavors
12-01-2012, 03:21 PM
Junior? Am I younger then you or something? lol

idn but people that are older and wiser and smarter, so thats why I put you as a junior, junior.

GeekInThePink
12-01-2012, 03:23 PM
idn but people that are older and wiser and smarter, so thats why I put you as a junior, junior.

:( well that's just mean.

GeekInThePink
12-01-2012, 03:25 PM

The Nets have been pretty good this year, I'll give you that.

BoSox47
12-01-2012, 03:28 PM
nets defense is looking good but joe johnson is not a good defender. miserabe with the suns but that is understandable. atlanta he just didnt even put in effort on d.

DoMeFavors
12-01-2012, 03:30 PM
The Nets have been pretty good this year, I'll give you that.

pretty good is an understatement, give them some credit jeez. They have been immaculate.

GeekInThePink
12-01-2012, 03:33 PM
pretty good is an understatement, give them some credit jeez. They have been immaculate.

im·mac·u·late/iˈmakyəlit/
Adjective:
(esp. of a person or their clothes) Perfectly clean, neat, or tidy.
Free from flaws or mistakes; perfect.

I didn't know the Nets were undefeated. Cookie for you!

javsvt
12-01-2012, 03:35 PM

Geez, when someone gives them credit, you want more.:facepalm:
Immaculate would be undefeated, they are not. Miami has a better record, what do you call them? Take credit when given, stop begging for more.

Chill_Will_24
12-01-2012, 03:38 PM
i think people exaggerating how bad lopez is on defence. he is not great rebounder but he is solid (8.2 reb per 36 mins). he doesnt need to be a great rebounder with humphries and wallace in the front court. he is averaging a career high 2.5 blks in less than 30 mins.

So you say he is not horrible defensively and back it up with rebounding stats? Or was it the blocks which really is not a terribly important statistic when measuring defense

#1NetsFan
12-01-2012, 03:39 PM
We have been phenomenal thus far! It's only going to get better! I predict us being a top 3 defensive team by season end.

#1NetsFan
12-01-2012, 03:41 PM
nets defense is looking good but joe johnson is not a good defender. miserabe with the suns but that is understandable. atlanta he just didnt even put in effort on d.

He's been great for us so far! I think he can earn himself the starting SG role for the All star Team.

javsvt
12-01-2012, 03:44 PM
Sounds like Domefavors made another account.:laugh:

ee
12-01-2012, 03:47 PM

Huh, does it look like I'm overrating anything? Just went with facts....

javsvt
12-01-2012, 03:55 PM
I am not referring to you, I'm referring to the #1Netsfan......:facepalm:

DoMeFavors
12-01-2012, 03:58 PM

Why would I need to make another account? Why wouldnt I just use this one?

#1NetsFan
12-01-2012, 04:01 PM
I am not referring to you, I'm referring to the #1Netsfan......:facepalm:

What are you talking about?

javsvt
12-01-2012, 04:05 PM
You two sound like the same person, sorry.:rolleyes:

RonE Coleman
12-01-2012, 04:06 PM
He's been great for us so far! I think he can earn himself the starting SG role for the All star Team.

Hahahaha Domefavors with a Dupe account

javsvt
12-01-2012, 04:07 PM
Hahahaha Domefavors with a Dupe account

See, I'm not he only one......:D

DoMeFavors
12-01-2012, 04:08 PM
Yep thats me guys im every Net fan on this board!

RonE Coleman
12-01-2012, 04:10 PM

Well theres only like 5 and 3 of them are blatant trolls so....

RonE Coleman
12-01-2012, 04:10 PM
See, I'm not he only one......:D

Look at the top East center thread. More proof shes a troll

javsvt
12-01-2012, 04:12 PM

Glad you finally admitted it, now you need rehab.

DoMeFavors
12-01-2012, 04:12 PM
Well theres only like 5 and 3 of them are blatant trolls so....

I dont know what your definition of a troll is, but I guess cause we have opinions about a team that we like we are trolls. Guess we have to have the same opinion as you to not be a troll.

#1NetsFan
12-01-2012, 04:21 PM
You two sound like the same person, sorry.:rolleyes:

Um, okay??

GiantsSwaGG
12-01-2012, 04:22 PM
Who gives a ****? Like seriously stop with these Net threads. We don't give a ****! They're soft, noone backed up Hump when he got thrashed. Look at the sig

ee
12-01-2012, 04:25 PM
Who gives a ****? Like seriously stop with these Net threads. We don't give a ****! They're soft, noone backed up Hump when he got thrashed. Look at the sig

Dumb *** watch the game.... It was a fast break for boston, hump was the only back....

#1NetsFan
12-01-2012, 04:27 PM

Actually, the whole team came in shortly. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4zWYX8V-E0

GiantsSwaGG
12-01-2012, 04:28 PM
Dumb *** watch the game.... It was a fast break for boston, hump was the only back....

Hump got thrashed and the only person who tried to help was Wallace and he got tossed like a rag doll. They shouldn't even be repping Brooklyn for that embarrassment. Either why stop with these Net threads. Who gives a **** about them being a top 10 defense. You want a cookie or something?

ee
12-01-2012, 04:28 PM

If you go by sigs, look at chill_wills

DoMeFavors
12-01-2012, 04:29 PM

Im suprised he played yesterday he was almost killed by those pushes.

GiantsSwaGG
12-01-2012, 04:29 PM
Actually, the whole team came in shortly. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4zWYX8V-E0

Right after hump was in the stands getting rocked by Rondo. Look at it again DMF

#1NetsFan
12-01-2012, 04:30 PM
Right after hump was in the stands getting rocked by Rondo. Look at it again DMF

What's a "DMF"? First off, rocked? No point in debating with someone with no knowledge, like you're presenting.

GiantsSwaGG
12-01-2012, 04:32 PM
What's a "DMF"? First off, rocked? No point in debating with someone with no knowledge, like you're presenting.

Obviously you're not about that life if you don't know what "rocked" means.... Gtfo DMF.

ee
12-01-2012, 04:32 PM

You're ignorant lol, if pushing is your definition of being rocked, then you don't have the right to make who's soft or who's tough commments....

netsgiantsyanks
12-01-2012, 04:33 PM
Hump got thrashed and the only person who tried to help was Wallace and he got tossed like a rag doll. They shouldn't even be repping Brooklyn for that embarrassment. Either why stop with these Net threads. Who gives a **** about them being a top 10 defense. You want a cookie or something?

you wanna **** on them when they do terrible but nobody is supposed to give a **** when they're doing good? lol.

DoMeFavors
12-01-2012, 04:33 PM
I love this every new Net fan is always me....

#1NetsFan
12-01-2012, 04:34 PM
Obviously you're not about that life if you don't know what "rocked" means.... Gtfo DMF.

Keep bullshitting random things. You seem good at it.

GiantsSwaGG
12-01-2012, 04:34 PM
You're ignorant lol, if pushing is your definition of being rocked, then you don't have the right to make who's soft or who's tough commments....

Yeah he got those scratches by being push lol. Take your homer shades off

GiantsSwaGG
12-01-2012, 04:35 PM
you wanna **** on them when they do terrible but nobody is supposed to give a **** when they're doing good? lol.

Who cares if they do terrible too. I mean if they break a record or blew out an elite team, than I understand making a thread, but being a top 10 defense are you ****ing kidding me?

GiantsSwaGG
12-01-2012, 04:35 PM
Keep bullshitting random things. You seem good at it.

Cool story rookie

javsvt
12-01-2012, 04:36 PM
I have no ill will on the Nets, it's actually good for NY, but when you guys praise them for everything they do, it's overwhelming. They do have a Nets forum for these kinda threads.

VinceCarter
12-01-2012, 04:36 PM

Thank you. Somebody finally notices this. Rebounds are important don't get me wrong but when you have respectable boards and a great blks numbers you have to be considered above average.

DoMeFavors
12-01-2012, 04:37 PM

Have you ever seen a real fight or do you think when players in the NBA push thats a fight?

#1NetsFan
12-01-2012, 04:37 PM
Cool story rookie

A rookie who knows more then a vet, how does that make you feel? Anyways, there's a thread for the Celtics-Nets game, this isn't the place for it.

javsvt
12-01-2012, 04:38 PM
I love this every new Net fan is always me....

They always seem to have only a few post, so it is rather suspicious.

VinceCarter
12-01-2012, 04:39 PM
Im suprised he played yesterday he was almost killed by those pushes.

:laugh::laugh::clap:

Yeah, they really beat the **** outta him! :facepalm:

And Giants #1 Nets teammates did come to his aid. They didn't throw any punches though because our team isn't full of dumbass punks.

netsgiantsyanks
better than threads ******** on the nets.

DoMeFavors
I have no ill will on the Nets, it's actually good for NY, but when you guys praise them for everything they do, it's overwhelming. They do have a Nets forum for these kinda threads.

you just cant handle the truth and be happy for the nets

javsvt
12-01-2012, 04:40 PM

You are right, cause I'm not a fan, so why should I be happy. Silly, just silly......

GiantsSwaGG
12-01-2012, 04:41 PM
A rookie who knows more then a vet, how does that make you feel? Anyways, there's a thread for the Celtics-Nets game, this isn't the place for it.

Whatever you say DMF

#1NetsFan

We finally do well, and get no credit. I feel you bro.

javsvt
Didn't someone give credit, you guys are like girls, always wanting more.

VinceCarter
12-01-2012, 04:43 PM

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

That's not getting ROCKED. That's having a 10 year old girl throw a fit on you. Humphries wasn't scared nor should he have been. I bet he found it very amusing :laugh2:

DoMeFavors
12-01-2012, 04:43 PM
According to most people Nets werent making the playoffs this year cause they just added Joe. Now they are 2nd in EAST and get disrespect. I predict 10+ years of over 50 wins.

#1NetsFan
12-01-2012, 04:46 PM
Make that 20 on my end! We finally have a great owner!

javsvt
12-01-2012, 04:47 PM
According to most people Nets werent making the playoffs this year cause they just added Joe. Now they are 2nd in EAST and get disrespect. I predict 10+ years of over 50 wins.

Predictions are like *******s, everyone has one. You and your other account, sorry, the other poster, have a team that is doing well, but you want evryone on the forum to kiss there sneakers, and until your prediction comes true, they are just another team chasing the Heat.

DoMeFavors
12-01-2012, 04:48 PM
Predictions are like *******s, everyone has one. You and your other account, sorry, the other poster, have a team that is doing well, but you want evryone on the forum to kiss there sneakers, and until your prediction comes true, they are just another team chasing the Heat.

I agree you always have to go through the champions, but Heat have not faced a team like the Nets yet in the EASt playoffs last 2 years.

javsvt
12-01-2012, 04:56 PM
I agree you always have to go through the champions, but Heat have not faced a team like the Nets yet in the EASt playoffs last 2 years.

No, but they did face the Celtics when they were good, so that makes them better experience wise. And I think the Celtic team that one those rings were better then your Net team. Just saying.....

GiantsSwaGG
12-01-2012, 05:04 PM
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

That's not getting ROCKED. That's having a 10 year old girl throw a fit on you. Humphries wasn't scared nor should he have been. I bet he found it very amusing :laugh2:

I'm not saying he got the scratches from getting rocked :facepalm: but the fact y'all assume he only pushed is laughable lol. Rondo forearmed his throat and was rocking him in the stands. You can tell hump wanted no parts of rondo :laugh:

DoMeFavors
12-01-2012, 05:07 PM
I'm not saying he got the scratches from getting rocked :facepalm: but the fact y'all assume he only pushed is laughable lol. Rondo forearmed his throat and was rocking him in the stands. You can tell hump wanted no parts of rondo :laugh:

and he got suspended, forarming his throat didnt seem to hurt him he was fine. maybe if Rondo was stronger it would have hurt him. Also he got his jersey thrown over his head, maybe if he landed a punch that wouldnt have happend. Hump won that fight no questions asked. Gerald won his. ANd Nets won the game.

jmoney85
12-01-2012, 05:18 PM
I love how knicks trolls ruin every thread

javsvt
12-01-2012, 05:20 PM

You just contributed, thanx.

DoMeFavors
12-01-2012, 05:22 PM
You just contributed, thanx.

You dont want this to be a thread yet you keep staying in it and talking in it and bumping it up.

GiantsSwaGG
12-01-2012, 05:23 PM

Judging from your sig, you're not far from being a troll :laugh:

javsvt
12-01-2012, 05:24 PM
You dont want this to be a thread yet you keep staying in it and talking in it and bumping it up.

Yep, I don't care that its a thread, but you put it in a public section, when you can put it in a Nets forum, this is what you'll get. I don't go on Nets forum like you trolled last year on the Knicks forum.
Oh wait, I bet there is another Nets thread in the NBA section, bet you there is....

DoMeFavors
12-01-2012, 05:27 PM
Yep, I don't care that its a thread, but you put it in a public section, when you can put it in a Nets forum, this is what you'll get. I don't go on Nets forum like you trolled last year on the Knicks forum.
Oh wait, I bet there is another Nets thread in the NBA section, bet you there is....

what did I say on the Knicks forum? I cant discuss the Knicks on their board? That board is strictly for Knick fans? You need to chill

javsvt
12-01-2012, 05:42 PM
what did I say on the Knicks forum? I cant discuss the Knicks on their board? That board is strictly for Knick fans? You need to chill

What did I say here? I said that is good for the NY that they are playing good, and you still want more. I'm not gonna say that they are better than the HEAT like you did. You did say they didn't face a team in the east like the nets in the past two years, meanwhile they beat OKC from the west who I think is better than the Nets. Stop making them champions when they haven't made the playoffs in a long time.
And you did troll last year........

ee
12-01-2012, 05:58 PM
I made this thread so everyone can make their case about how the nets will do defensively for the rest of the season. If this is posted in the nets forum, it'll get nothing but bias comments so what's the point? But then you have a bunch of trolls coming in posting **** unrelated to the topic and it gets flooded with nonsense.... I've been in this forum since 05 and have kept a low profile, i have to say psd is has become a joke the past few years.... Used to be a great site to come in to...

javsvt
12-01-2012, 10:58 PM

Now, I will say, that they faced them today, and Miami still is tops. My Knicks and your Nets have a tough road to get to the top with Lebron leading the way. And let's not use Lopez as an excuse, they were running and gunning, and net fans say they are a deep team, so losing Lopez shouldn't be a factor. Lets not put the cart ahead of the horse, and that goes for my Knick fans.....