PDA

View Full Version : Your Allstars after first month.

Hellcrooner
12-01-2012, 11:38 AM
West:

C: Howard
Pf:Randolph
Sf: Durant
Sg: Kobe
PG: Chris Paul.

Back Ups

C: Marc Gasol
Pf: Aldrige
Sf:Igoudala
Sg: Oj Mayo
Pg:Westbrook

-Gallinari
- Tim Duncan

East:

C: Varejao
Pf: Carmelo
Sf:Lebron
Sg: Irving ( yeah i know he is a pg, but its two "guards")
Pg:Rondo

Back Ups

C: Lopez
Pf: Bosh
Sf: Deng
Sg: Ellis
Pg: Deron

- Holliday
- Monroe

kdspurman
12-01-2012, 11:42 AM
Duncan has been better than Aldridge and Marc Gasol.

And as much as Andy V deserves the start, I wonder if he'll get enough votes for that spot. Could see it going to Bosh or Lopez.

CHI_Fan412
12-01-2012, 11:45 AM
No joakim Noah eh?

Hellcrooner
Duncan has been better than Aldridge and Marc Gasol.

And as much as Andy V deserves the start, I wonder if he'll get enough votes for that spot. Could see it going to Bosh or Lopez.

Im not taking bout votations, but play.

kdspurman
No joakim Noah eh?

I forgot about Noah.. Don't know if he'll get the start, but could see him landing a spot too

JNoel
Ellis is not making it over Wade. Wade might not be starting this year, but he's sure as hell going to make the team.

kdspurman
12-01-2012, 11:47 AM
Im not taking bout votations, but play.

Ah ok. Then yea, definitely Duncan should be in Gasol or Aldridges's spot based off his play on both ends of the court. He's the only one of those guys even averaging a double double.

You could argue Duncan over Dwight even if you're going off the first month.

Hellcrooner
12-01-2012, 11:48 AM
Ellis is not making it over Wade. Wade might not be starting this year, but he's sure as hell going to make the team.

wade is playing terrible thus far ( like Pierce or Pau) thats why they are not up there.

I expect Love to throw out someone in the west now he is back.

obviously Griffin is going to be voted in wich will mean TWO of my west bigs will get thrown out too.

Noah ( or horford) may pick it up in the east

RonE Coleman
12-01-2012, 11:52 AM

Jrue Holliday should make it over both wade and ellis

mightybosstone
12-01-2012, 11:55 AM
No James Harden? I'd easily take him over Mayo. Also, Gallo has no place in the All-Star game given how piss poor he's played to start the season. No player should make the All-Star game shooting .385 from the floor. I'd put someone like Dragic or Parker in his spot. And Love has only played six games and his FG% is awful, but wants he improves his efficiency, he'll most definitely be an All-Star.

JasonJohnHorn
12-01-2012, 11:57 AM
East:

Rondo
Irving
LBJ
Monroe
Anderson-V

West:

CP3
Kobe
Durant
Z-Bo
Howard

JNoel
12-01-2012, 11:57 AM
I agree that Wade is having a terrible year and there are a couple more deserving, but knowing the Wade fans across the world, they will come through with voting for him. By then I think he will already get his play turned around and will be a lot more deserving than he is right now.

Hellcrooner
12-01-2012, 11:58 AM
No James Harden? I'd easily take him over Mayo. Also, Gallo has no place in the All-Star game given how piss poor he's played to start the season. No player should make the All-Star game shooting .385 from the floor. I'd put someone like Dragic or Parker in his spot. And Love has only played six games and his FG% is awful, but wants he improves his efficiency, he'll most definitely be an All-Star.

harden has cooled off a bit, but i considered him.

Love will for sure make it but i didnt want to incude him yet because he missed most of the month.

curious to see what happens when nash comes back, he could land a spot, or reactivate paus game.

then theres the Popularity contest effect wich will get Griffin in, and COuld get Lin in, damm even could get Rubio in.

Hellcrooner
12-01-2012, 12:00 PM
East:

Rondo
Irving
LBJ
Monroe
Anderson-V

West:

CP3
Kobe
Durant
Z-Bo
Howard

melo ( and god knows he is not my cup of tea) is playing out of his mind at the pf position...

Swashcuff
12-01-2012, 12:30 PM
Is it me or is Greg Monroe gone from one of the most underrated players in thee league to one of the most overrated? Starter in the ASG thus far? Jason pass what you're smoking bro. He isn't even a top 5 C in his own conference much less being worthy of a starting position.

b@llhog24
12-01-2012, 01:00 PM
No James Harden? I'd easily take him over Mayo.

Agreed.

Also, Gallo has no place in the All-Star game given how piss poor he's played to start the season. No player should make the All-Star game shooting .385 from the floor. I'd put someone like Dragic or Parker in his spot. And Love has only played six games and his FG% is awful, but wants he improves his efficiency, he'll most definitely be an All-Star.

Dragic is definitely flying under the radar again this season:

Rk Player Age G MP PER TS% eFG% ORB% DRB% TRB% AST% STL% BLK% TOV% USG% ORtg DRtg OWS DWS WS WS/48
1 Goran Dragic 26 17 542 22.1 .591 .547 3.1 8.3 5.6 33.4 3.2 0.7 14.8 21.7 118 108 1.7 0.3 2.0 .176

Imagine if he was still on the Rockets? :drool:

That's top 5 Pg numbers right there and yet you hardly ever hear about him. :pity:

kdspurman
12-01-2012, 01:04 PM
Duncan > Dwight the first month imo. Whether that'll hold up remains to be seen, but I thought for that first month at least, he's a starter. (This is just going off 1 month before people go nuts btw lol)

Slug3
12-01-2012, 01:09 PM
wade is playing terrible thus far ( like Pierce or Pau) thats why they are not up there.

obviously Griffin is going to be voted in wich will mean TWO of my west bigs will get thrown out too.

And yet he is still playing better than Ellis.

2-ONE-5
12-01-2012, 01:14 PM
Jrue should go ahead of D Will as of right now but he wont even tho all his numbers are better and his team has the same amount of wins

NYSpirit1
12-01-2012, 01:27 PM
West:

Back Ups

-Gallinari
- Tim Duncan

East:

Back Ups

- Holliday
- Monroe

This has to be one of the most idiotic posts I've ever seen on PSD. You put Monroe, Deng and Ellis as All-Stars and left off a starting All-Star in Melo whose playing MVP ball, at 11-4. Do you watch basketball?

Not to mention you said Gallinari is an All-Star on a crappy team shooting 38% in place of James Harden playing ridiculous this season.

This is one of the worst All-Star lists I've ever seen as like 7 or 8 of these guys have no chance of making the team.

Minimal
12-01-2012, 01:39 PM
West:
Paul-Dragic
Kobe-Westbrook
Durant-Love
Duncan-Randolph
M. Gasol-Howard

East:
Rondo-Irving
Lowry-Jrue or Wade
Melo-Pierce
LeBron-Brook Lopez
Bosh-Anderson V

StarvingKnick22
12-01-2012, 02:00 PM
That's a terrible list.

RipCity32
12-01-2012, 02:07 PM
Is it me or is Greg Monroe gone from one of the most underrated players in thee league to one of the most overrated? Starter in the ASG thus far? Jason pass what you're smoking bro. He isn't even a top 5 C in his own conference much less being worthy of a starting position.

How is he overrated,Hes pretty much a guaranteed double-double and already has a triple-double this year.Monroes biggest downfall though is his defense and he is a bit finesse and a under the rim player but who are the 5 centers you put ahead of him in the eastern conference?

Faneik
12-01-2012, 02:19 PM
Based on productivity so far

East

Rondo
Holiday
Lebron
Carmelo
Varejao

West

CP3
Bryant
Durant
Love
Duncan

Hoopsadvocate
12-01-2012, 02:21 PM

Your definition of terrible is the only thing terrible.

He might not be playing up to par but he's still avg about 18 ppg 4 assists 5 rpg 1 bpg and 1 spg.

Which are still good all around numbers. Not MVP caliber but he's far from "terrible".

And anyone with half a brain nows he's much better than Ellis.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
12-01-2012, 02:35 PM
This has to be one of the most idiotic posts I've ever seen on PSD. You put Monroe, Deng and Ellis as All-Stars and left off a starting All-Star in Melo whose playing MVP ball, at 11-4. Do you watch basketball?

Not to mention you said Gallinari is an All-Star on a crappy team shooting 38% in place of James Harden playing ridiculous this season.

This is one of the worst All-Star lists I've ever seen as like 7 or 8 of these guys have no chance of making the team.

Ironic....

Hellcrooner
12-01-2012, 03:16 PM

dude, do you take the time to read things before talking smack'

Melo IS there on the starting line up of the east.

mrblisterdundee
12-01-2012, 03:37 PM
West:

G - Chris Paul, Kobe Bryant, Russell Westbrook, James Harden, Tony Parker
F - Kevin Durant, Zach Randolph, Rudy Gay, David Lee, Tim Duncan
C - Dwight Howard, Marc Gasol

East:

G - Deron Williams, Dwayne Wade, Brandon Jennings, Joe Johnson, Rajon Rondo, Jrue Holiday
F - LeBron James, Chris Bosh, Carmelo Anthony, Paul Pierce
C - Brook Lopez, Tyson Chandler

I know a lot of people will be pissed that I added Jrue Holiday and left out Kevin Garnett, but the 76'ers currently have the better record, and Holiday is one of the best point guards in the league right now. There are a few players from sub-par teams - James Harden, Kobe Bryant and Dwight Howard - who are playing too well not to make the team, but I'm giving heavy preference to successful teams. Thus you don't see LaMarcus Aldridge from my Blazers on the list.

Alayla
12-01-2012, 03:53 PM
Jrue>D Will and Ellis right now

Faneik
12-01-2012, 03:55 PM
West:

G - Chris Paul, Kobe Bryant, Russell Westbrook, James Harden, Tony Parker
F - Kevin Durant, Zach Randolph, Rudy Gay, David Lee, Tim Duncan
C - Dwight Howard, Marc Gasol

East:

G - Deron Williams, Dwayne Wade, Brandon Jennings, Joe Johnson, Rajon Rondo, Jrue Holiday
F - LeBron James, Chris Bosh, Carmelo Anthony, Paul Pierce
C - Brook Lopez, Tyson Chandler

I know a lot of people will be pissed that I added Jrue Holiday and left out Kevin Garnett, but the 76'ers currently have the better record, and Holiday is one of the best point guards in the league right now. There are a few players from sub-par teams - James Harden, Kobe Bryant and Dwight Howard - who are playing too well not to make the team, but I'm giving heavy preference to successful teams. Thus you don't see LaMarcus Aldridge from my Blazers on the list.

David Lee over Kevin Love?

Hellcrooner
12-01-2012, 03:56 PM

we are talking bout first month( bu of course people does not care bout it), love was injured.

DoMeFavors
12-01-2012, 04:01 PM
Why do people have Varejo starting the all star game, no way in hell he gets voted in as a starter.

Faneik
12-01-2012, 04:07 PM
we are talking bout first month( bu of course people does not care bout it), love was injured.

forgot about that

RonE Coleman
12-01-2012, 04:08 PM
West:
Paul-Dragic
Kobe-Westbrook
Durant-Love
Duncan-Randolph
M. Gasol-Howard

East:
Rondo-Irving
Lowry-Jrue or Wade
Melo-Pierce
LeBron-Brook Lopez
Bosh-Anderson V

Couldnt agree more with your East all stars so far

GeekInThePink
12-01-2012, 04:13 PM
Why do people have Varejo starting the all star game, no way in hell he gets voted in as a starter.

He's averaging like 15 and 15, who do you got over him? (Lopez im assuming)

29$JerZ
12-01-2012, 04:16 PM
West

Dwight Howard - Marc Gasol
Zach Randolph - Kevin Love (I expect him to dominate again)
Kevin Durant
Kobe Bryant - Steph Curry
Russell Westbrook - Chris Paul - Toney Parker

East

Anderson Varajao - Chris Bosh - Brook Lopez
Carmelo Anthony
LeBron James - Paul Pierce
Jrue Holliday - Monta Ellis - Dwayne Wade
Rajon Rondo

So far this season imo.

Faneik
12-01-2012, 04:17 PM

i have him based on productivity so far, not popularity

DoMeFavors
12-01-2012, 04:24 PM

Well I do but there is no way fans are going to vote him into the starting spot. Bosh or KG will probably be voted in.

97NYer
12-01-2012, 04:46 PM
You all are clearly forgetting that centers aren't on the ballot, just front court players. That being said the only center in the league making a team is Dwight, perhaps Lopez in the east.

CP3
Kobe
Durant
Blake
Dwight

Westbrook
Harden
Parker
Curry
Randolph
Duncan
Love

Rondo
Deron
LBJ
Melo
Bosh

Wade
Irving
Jennings
Ellis
Varejao
Lopez
Smith/Chandler/Horford

Slug3
12-01-2012, 04:56 PM

Well the fans vote them in and I don't know if fans would vote him in.

JasonJohnHorn
melo ( and god knows he is not my cup of tea) is playing out of his mind at the pf position...

I will not disagree. Monroe was a bit of a homer pick.

Avenged
Starters are mainly about popularity so you can pretty much guarantee Wade starts.

RonE Coleman
12-01-2012, 04:59 PM
West

Dwight Howard - Marc Gasol
Zach Randolph - Kevin Love (I expect him to dominate again)
Kevin Durant
Kobe Bryant - Steph Curry
Russell Westbrook - Chris Paul - Toney Parker

East

Anderson Varajao - Chris Bosh - Brook Lopez
Carmelo Anthony
LeBron James - Paul Pierce
Jrue Holliday - Monta Ellis - Dwayne Wade
Rajon Rondo

So far this season imo.

This would probably be what my team would like as well, jrue starting and just kyrie over one of monta or wade... Kg will probably be voted in as well somehow

JasonJohnHorn
12-01-2012, 05:01 PM
You all are clearly forgetting that centers aren't on the ballot, just front court players. That being said the only center in the league making a team is Dwight, perhaps Lopez in the east.

CP3
Kobe
Durant
Blake
Dwight

Westbrook
Harden
Parker
Curry
Randolph
Duncan
Love

Rondo
Deron
LBJ
Melo
Bosh

Wade
Irving
Jennings
Ellis
Varejao
Lopez
Smith/Chandler/Horford

You say Dwight is the only center making the team, then you list several centers yourself? Duncan, Bosh, Anderson-V, Lopex, Chandler and Hordford all play center (though Duncan and Bosh can both be seen as PF, they are currently playing center).

JasonJohnHorn
12-01-2012, 05:03 PM

I don't believe he will be voted into the starting line-up, but I think when most people make their lists they put in who they think SHOULD be in the starting line-up and not always who they think will be voted in. At least, that's why I had Anderson-V in there.

2-ONE-5
12-01-2012, 05:04 PM
i wish the NBA (and MLB) would pick the teams first then let the fans vote for the starters. Would get more guys who deserve to be in the game. There is no way guys like Peirce or KG deserve to make it right now, no way Wade deserves to start either. Also dont see how anyone thinks Jennings an Ellis are deserving.

John Walls Era
12-01-2012, 05:07 PM
Anderson V will never start an AS game. No one will vote for him.

29$JerZ
12-01-2012, 05:12 PM
This would probably be what my team would like as well, jrue starting and just kyrie over one of monta or wade... Kg will probably be voted in as well somehow

I completely blanked about Duncan, he should be an all-star as well, over Marc.

DoMeFavors
12-01-2012, 05:14 PM
Would be cool though to see LeBron and Anderson playing together again and see if Varejo goes all out for an all star game and goes after every board and flops.

RonE Coleman
12-01-2012, 05:17 PM
Would be cool though to see LeBron and Anderson playing together again and see if Varejo goes all out for an all star game and goes after every board and flops.

Just like Reggie Evans huh?

DoMeFavors
12-01-2012, 05:19 PM
Just like Reggie Evans huh?

Reggie Evans isnt an all star and idn why you brought him up? cause im a Net fan. Anderson has always flopped.

mrblisterdundee
12-01-2012, 05:51 PM

Kevin Love just came back from injury. Meanwhile, Lee's been putting up big numbers all year for the team atop the Pacific Division.

Arch Stanton
12-02-2012, 09:45 PM
Reggie Evans isnt an all star and idn why you brought him up? cause im a Net fan. Anderson has always flopped.

He brought him up because Reggie Evans is probably the biggest flopper in the NBA. Heck, he starred in the training video on flopping that the refs watched prior to the beginning of the season. And he's already been fined a couple of times this season. AV flies around and has crazy hair so some people think he's this big flopper but he's just hustling. And he has yet to get penalized unlike Evans.

knicksfan42
12-02-2012, 11:06 PM
All-Stars based on performance thus far:

PG-Holiday
SG-Wade
SF-Melo
PF-LeBron
C-Bosh

Rondo
Ellis
Deng
Josh Smith
KG
Varejao (I only put players from playoff teams thus far, but his play has been outstanding thus far, so maybe he can be that one guy with a losing record who gets in)
Williams

FraziersKnicks
12-03-2012, 12:13 AM
East:

PG: Rajon Rondo
SG: Kyrie Irving
SF: Carmelo Anthony
PF: LeBron James
C: Anderon Varejao

West:

PG: Chris Paul
SG: Kobe Bryant
SF: Kevin Durant
PF: Tim Duncan
C: Dwight Howard

2-ONE-5
12-03-2012, 12:26 AM
All-Stars based on performance thus far:

PG-Holiday
SG-Wade
SF-Melo
PF-LeBron
C-Bosh

Rondo
Ellis
Deng
Josh Smith
KG
Varejao (I only put players from playoff teams thus far, but his play has been outstanding thus far, so maybe he can be that one guy with a losing record who gets in)
Williams

I like it for the most part but Ellis has no shot at making it. Wade prob will start even tho he shouldnt, same for D-Will he prob makes it een tho hes undeserving right now. I think Greg Monroe will get in over KG, well he should at least.

49GiantWarriors
12-03-2012, 12:32 AM
David Lee?

knicksfan42
12-03-2012, 12:35 AM
I like it for the most part but Ellis has no shot at making it. Wade prob will start even tho he shouldnt, same for D-Will he prob makes it een tho hes undeserving right now. I think Greg Monroe will get in over KG, well he should at least.

I added Ellis because the Bucks are a playoff team and the SG position is extremely weak in the East. I had Jr instead of Ellis before, but he's been playing like **** recently. Amongst SGs, Wade is the clear cut best in the East. I don't think Ellis or Williams should necessarily make it, but team record played a huge role in my list.

I think the most underrated player in these lists, thus far, has been Jrue Holiday. He has easily been the best PG in the East. His team is 10-7 without Bynum. He's carrying the 6ers right now and no one is talking about the fact that his play has been better than every PG not named Chris Paul.

Meatmypet
12-03-2012, 01:32 AM
West:

D.Howard
T. Duncan
K. Durant
K. Bryant
C. Paul

M. Gasol
R. Gay
L. Aldridge
R. Westbrook
J. Harden

-J. Crawford
-T. Parker

East:

A. Verajao
C. Anthony
L. James
D.Wade
R. Rondo

C. Bosh
T. Chandler
R. Allen
J. Johnson
D. Williams

-R. Felton
-D. Holiday

NYSpirit1
12-03-2012, 01:40 AM
East:

PG: Rajon Rondo
SG: Kyrie Irving
SF: Carmelo Anthony
PF: LeBron James
C: Anderon Varejao

West:

PG: Chris Paul
SG: Kobe Bryant
SF: Kevin Durant
PF: Tim Duncan
C: Dwight Howard

Two Cavs on one of the NBA's worst teams starting in the All-Star game? Wow.

When will people realize that stat stuffers on bad teams aren't All-Stars? Mike James averaged 20 on Toronto once.

That's not to say Irving won't be elite one day, but just because they're both beasting on a horrible team doesn't mean they deserve an All-Star spot.

And what is with Monta Ellis on all these lists? He's averaging 18 points a game on 40% shooting and has been awful lately.

Arch Stanton
12-03-2012, 01:46 AM
Two Cavs on one of the NBA's worst teams starting in the All-Star game? Wow.

When will people realize that stat stuffers on bad teams aren't All-Stars? Mike James averaged 20 on Toronto once.

That's not to say Irving won't be elite one day, but just because they're both beasting on a horrible team doesn't mean they deserve an All-Star spot.

And what is with Monta Ellis on all these lists? He's averaging 18 points a game on 40% shooting and has been awful lately.

I doubt any Cavs will start for the east. Maybe one or two as reserves. As for stat stuffing I think you're off base. They're a young team and don't know how to win. They also have a roster made up of a handful of D-Leaguers. I suppose if you had it your way the entire Knick roster would be representing the east.

VinceCarter
12-03-2012, 04:11 AM

You crazy bastard! :p

lilojmayo
12-03-2012, 06:25 AM
West:

Back Ups

-Gallinari
- Tim Duncan

East:

Back Ups

- Holliday
- Monroe

Outside of Harden's first two games. OJ Mayo has rather easily been better than him since then and that's even including OJ 3 terrible games because he was playing on a sprained ankle recently

The more time passes the more ppl will start to realize Mayo>Harden

Shkelqim
12-03-2012, 10:45 AM
If Jrue Holliday doesn't make it, i'll be pissed

dalton749
12-03-2012, 10:48 AM
if lin makes it the game is a joke

2-ONE-5
12-03-2012, 11:31 AM
I added Ellis because the Bucks are a playoff team and the SG position is extremely weak in the East. I had Jr instead of Ellis before, but he's been playing like **** recently. Amongst SGs, Wade is the clear cut best in the East. I don't think Ellis or Williams should necessarily make it, but team record played a huge role in my list.

I think the most underrated player in these lists, thus far, has been Jrue Holiday. He has easily been the best PG in the East. His team is 10-7 without Bynum. He's carrying the 6ers right now and no one is talking about the fact that his play has been better than every PG not named Chris Paul.

i hear ya. it is a shame SG is so weak but whats crazy is Evan Turner has all-star worthy numbers right now himself puttin up 14,7,4 while shotting 45% and and 42% from 3. im not lobbying for him and i highly doubt he makes it but in comaprison to guys like Ellis, Wade, Josh Smith he seems to be just as worthy.

Gram
12-03-2012, 11:37 AM
He brought him up because Reggie Evans is probably the biggest flopper in the NBA. Heck, he starred in the training video on flopping that the refs watched prior to the beginning of the season. And he's already been fined a couple of times this season. AV flies around and has crazy hair so some people think he's this big flopper but he's just hustling. And he has yet to get penalized unlike Evans.

He has flopped in the past and only a delusional Cavs fan would say he hasn't. That said, I don't see him flop near as much as I used to - and that was before the league even did something about him. So kudos to Varejao, still don't like him though lol.

Gram
12-03-2012, 11:42 AM

Who are the 5 in the East that are better than him?

I know I'll hear Bynum because I'm pretty sure you're a Sixer fan, and I'll probably here Varejao and Noah because PSD seems to love them. But other than that, what C's are "better"? Although I think it's debatable that Hair and Hair 2 are better than Greggy.

Gram
12-03-2012, 11:43 AM
Anderson V will never start an AS game. No one will vote for him.

Arch Stanton will. :laugh2:

Love you arch. <3

YoungOne
12-03-2012, 12:16 PM

I'm with you, he has shown potential, but nothing more.

Anji
12-03-2012, 12:37 PM
Bosh
Melo
LBJ
Jrue
Rondon

TD
Love(small sample)
KD
Kobe
Harden

RonE Coleman
12-03-2012, 12:45 PM
Bosh
Melo
LBJ
Jrue
Rondon

TD
Love(small sample)
KD
Kobe
Harden

TD is Toney Douglas right? :D

Arch Stanton
12-03-2012, 01:37 PM
He has flopped in the past and only a delusional Cavs fan would say he hasn't. That said, I don't see him flop near as much as I used to - and that was before the league even did something about him. So kudos to Varejao, still don't like him though lol.

You're entitled to your own opinion even though its biased based on the fact that you stated you don't like him.
Pretty much every NBA player has flopped at one time or another.

Deezy3
12-03-2012, 04:57 PM
West:

Back Ups

-Gallinari
- Tim Duncan

East:

Back Ups

- Holliday
- Monroe

Yes. Z-Bo and Marc for sure.