PDA

View Full Version : Line of the night: Nov. 30

JasonJohnHorn
12-01-2012, 11:29 AM
The Suns fell to the Raptors in a battle of the cellar dwellers. Philly eeked out a win over the Bobcats as they improved to 10-6 (pretty impressive considering Bynum still has yet to play a game). BK bested the Magic. Boston managed to pull out a win despite having Rondo out with a suspension. The Wizards got beat soundly by the Knicks who brought in their second unit to finish up the game. The Cavs managed to pull one out over the Hawks behind another near 20/20 game from Anderson-V. The Pistons were handed another loss in what has been a disappointing season so far and Memphis beat them soundly (Frank needs to start giving Drummond some serious minutes). OKC took it to the Jazz as Westbrook broke out for a crazy game that was somewhat blemished by his 8 turnovers. Love and Pekovic combined for 29 points and 30 rebounds to help the T-Wolves pull within one game of .500 at the expense of the Bucks, ruining Larry Sanders triple-double (who, like Hibbert, got it the hard way, with blocks). The Pacer came away with a win over the Kings lead by a big game from David West, and the Lakers beat the Nuggets as Dwight Howard had his first 20/20 game as a Laker.

For line of the night, it's gotta be between Westbrook and Dwight. I was tempted to just put Sanders, Diwght and Westbrook up for options, but there were some other players who had really nice lines.

So... despite the turnovers, I think I'm gong with Westbrook here.

Interesting side note. Since the 85/86 season (and these include only regulars season performances), a player has gotten a 20/20 game 614 times with rebounds and points, and 37 with points and assists, while in the same time players haved recorded a total of 994 games with triple-double (in points, assists and rebounds). So the 20/20 game is more rare. 3D games have happened 52 times with blocks (though 2 of those instances overlap with the regular 3D game as Hakeem and Robinson poured in a quadrouple-double each once). So essentially there have been 1054 triple-doubles recorded since the 85/86 season and only 614 20/20 games.

20/20 games (rebounds):
http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pgl_finder.cgi?request=1&player_id=&match=game&year_min=&year_max=&age_min=0&age_max=99&team_id=&opp_id=&is_playoffs=N&round_is_ec1=Y&round_is_ecs=Y&round_is_ecf=Y&round_is_wc1=Y&round_is_wcs=Y&round_is_wcf=Y&round_is_fin=Y&game_num_type=&game_num_min=&game_num_max=&game_month=&game_location=&game_result=&is_starter=&is_active=&is_hof=&pos_is_g=Y&pos_is_gf=Y&pos_is_f=Y&pos_is_fg=Y&pos_is_fc=Y&pos_is_c=Y&pos_is_cf=Y&c1stat=ast&c1comp=gt&c1val=&c2stat=trb&c2comp=gt&c2val=20&c3stat=pts&c3comp=gt&c3val=20&c4stat=&c4comp=gt&c4val=&order_by=pts

20/20 games (with assists):
http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pgl_finder.cgi?request=1&player_id=&match=game&year_min=&year_max=&age_min=0&age_max=99&team_id=&opp_id=&is_playoffs=N&round_is_ec1=Y&round_is_ecs=Y&round_is_ecf=Y&round_is_wc1=Y&round_is_wcs=Y&round_is_wcf=Y&round_is_fin=Y&game_num_type=&game_num_min=&game_num_max=&game_month=&game_location=&game_result=&is_starter=&is_active=&is_hof=&pos_is_g=Y&pos_is_gf=Y&pos_is_f=Y&pos_is_fg=Y&pos_is_fc=Y&pos_is_c=Y&pos_is_cf=Y&c1stat=ast&c1comp=gt&c1val=&c2stat=ast&c2comp=gt&c2val=20&c3stat=pts&c3comp=gt&c3val=20&c4stat=&c4comp=gt&c4val=&order_by=pts

3D games:
http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pgl_finder.cgi?request=1&player_id=&match=game&year_min=&year_max=&age_min=0&age_max=99&team_id=&opp_id=&is_playoffs=N&round_is_ec1=Y&round_is_ecs=Y&round_is_ecf=Y&round_is_wc1=Y&round_is_wcs=Y&round_is_wcf=Y&round_is_fin=Y&game_num_type=&game_num_min=&game_num_max=&game_month=&game_location=&game_result=&is_starter=&is_active=&is_hof=&pos_is_g=Y&pos_is_gf=Y&pos_is_f=Y&pos_is_fg=Y&pos_is_fc=Y&pos_is_c=Y&pos_is_cf=Y&c1stat=ast&c1comp=gt&c1val=10&c2stat=trb&c2comp=gt&c2val=10&c3stat=pts&c3comp=gt&c3val=10&c4stat=&c4comp=gt&c4val=&order_by=pts

There have been no 20/20/20 games in that time span, though I believe Wilt has gotten a 20/20/20 game a couple of times.

So... the 20/20 game is more rare these days, though that 3D game with blocks is rarer still.

There have, however, been 6 15/15/15 games since that time. It was done twice by Magic, twice by Kidd and once by Bird and Rondo.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pgl_finder.cgi?request=1&player_id=&match=game&year_min=&year_max=&age_min=0&age_max=99&team_id=&opp_id=&is_playoffs=N&round_is_ec1=Y&round_is_ecs=Y&round_is_ecf=Y&round_is_wc1=Y&round_is_wcs=Y&round_is_wcf=Y&round_is_fin=Y&game_num_type=&game_num_min=&game_num_max=&game_month=&game_location=&game_result=&is_starter=&is_active=&is_hof=&pos_is_g=Y&pos_is_gf=Y&pos_is_f=Y&pos_is_fg=Y&pos_is_fc=Y&pos_is_c=Y&pos_is_cf=Y&c1stat=ast&c1comp=gt&c1val=15&c2stat=trb&c2comp=gt&c2val=15&c3stat=pts&c3comp=gt&c3val=15&c4stat=&c4comp=gt&c4val=&order_by=pts

Longhornfan1234
12-01-2012, 11:47 AM
Howard is back. :worthy::worthy:

Heediot
12-01-2012, 11:58 AM
East is soft up front. No wonder Varejao is killing the boards this year.

With Bynum out, Chandler....

Heediot
12-01-2012, 12:00 PM
Jamison. Jenna she had 11 cocks last night.

6-18 is not efficient for Westy.

Swashcuff
12-01-2012, 12:30 PM
Went with Sanders.

Swashcuff
12-01-2012, 12:32 PM
East is soft up front. No wonder Varejao is killing the boards this year.

With Bynum out, Chandler....

Andy V outrebounded the entire Memphis Grizzlies starting front court the last time he played against them.

Baller1
12-01-2012, 01:28 PM
How Dwight is beating Westbrook and Sanders is beyond me.

JasonJohnHorn
12-01-2012, 03:38 PM
How Dwight is beating Westbrook and Sanders is beyond me.

I think it has something to do with the fact he ahd a 20/20 game!

I voted for Westbrook myself, so i will afree with you that Westbrook had the best line of the night. But at the same time, Westbrook also had 8 turnovers and didn't shoot as high a percentage as Dwight. But the steals? That makes up for it in my mind. But I can understand how somebody would come away looking at Dwight as having the best line.

Sanders on the other hand... he had a triple-double yes, BUT he only had 10 points? Still, 10 blocks? That is crazy!

At the same time, I think a 20/20 game is more rare than a triple-double.

It's a hard call this time around, that is for sure.

Baller1
12-01-2012, 03:56 PM
I think it has something to do with the fact he ahd a 20/20 game!

I voted for Westbrook myself, so i will afree with you that Westbrook had the best line of the night. But at the same time, Westbrook also had 8 turnovers and didn't shoot as high a percentage as Dwight. But the steals? That makes up for it in my mind. But I can understand how somebody would come away looking at Dwight as having the best line.

Sanders on the other hand... he had a triple-double yes, BUT he only had 10 points? Still, 10 blocks? That is crazy!

At the same time, I think a 20/20 game is more rare than a triple-double.

It's a hard call this time around, that is for sure.

The turnovers were bad and Sanders' points were underwhelming, but 20/20 games happen much more frequently than near quadruple-doubles and triple-doubles with blocks. That's why I think Dwight shouldn't even be in the discussion.