PDA

View Full Version : Sanders joins the Hibbert club

JasonJohnHorn
12-01-2012, 01:00 AM
Larry Sanders became the second player this year to score a triple-double with blocks! Joining Roy Hibbert. To bad these guys couldnt pass the ball half as well as they block and rebound.

Here's a list of other guys that have gotten the triple double the hardway. It includes: Mutumbo, Hakeem, Robinson, Ben Wallace, Marcus Camby, Dwight Howard, Benoit Benjamin, Shaq, Shawn Bradley, Jemaine O'Neal, Larry Nance, Serge Ibaka, Mark Eaton, AK-47, JaVale McGee and Manute Bol.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pgl_finder.cgi?request=1&player_id=&match=game&year_min=&year_max=&age_min=0&age_max=99&team_id=&opp_id=&is_playoffs=N&round_is_ec1=Y&round_is_ecs=Y&round_is_ecf=Y&round_is_wc1=Y&round_is_wcs=Y&round_is_wcf=Y&round_is_fin=Y&game_num_type=&game_num_min=&game_num_max=&game_month=&game_location=&game_result=&is_starter=&is_active=&is_hof=&pos_is_g=Y&pos_is_gf=Y&pos_is_f=Y&pos_is_fg=Y&pos_is_fc=Y&pos_is_c=Y&pos_is_cf=Y&c1stat=trb&c1comp=gt&c1val=10&c2stat=pts&c2comp=gt&c2val=10&c3stat=blk&c3comp=gt&c3val=10&c4stat=&c4comp=gt&c4val=&order_by=pts

Three players have done it with steals: Drexler, Kendal Gill and Alvin Robertson, though I seem to remember Kevin Johnson doing it as well, but BBR does not have him listed.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pgl_finder.cgi?request=1&player_id=&match=game&year_min=&year_max=&age_min=0&age_max=99&team_id=&opp_id=&is_playoffs=N&round_is_ec1=Y&round_is_ecs=Y&round_is_ecf=Y&round_is_wc1=Y&round_is_wcs=Y&round_is_wcf=Y&round_is_fin=Y&game_num_type=&game_num_min=&game_num_max=&game_month=&game_location=&game_result=&is_starter=&is_active=&is_hof=&pos_is_g=Y&pos_is_gf=Y&pos_is_f=Y&pos_is_fg=Y&pos_is_fc=Y&pos_is_c=Y&pos_is_cf=Y&c1stat=trb&c1comp=gt&c1val=10&c2stat=pts&c2comp=gt&c2val=10&c3stat=stl&c3comp=gt&c3val=10&c4stat=&c4comp=gt&c4val=&order_by=pts

Thoughts?

Ebbs
12-01-2012, 01:02 AM
Good game. Although having caught a few Bucks games this year I don't think this was his breakout performance on the way to stardom or anything.

JasonJohnHorn
12-01-2012, 01:16 AM
Good game. Although having caught a few Bucks games this year I don't think this was his breakout performance on the way to stardom or anything.

I actually heard he was on the trading block, which I found odd, because he rebounds well and is a good shot blocker, and he's been bringing his FG% up each season, though he does commit a lot of fouls. Being as how he's shown some potential and is on a rookie contract, I would want to keep him around to see how he pans out. He seems like the type of guy that could really excel if given the chance.

Baller1
12-01-2012, 01:23 AM
They should call this the Ibaka-double. ;)

topdog
12-01-2012, 01:26 AM
I actually heard he was on the trading block, which I found odd, because he rebounds well and is a good shot blocker, and he's been bringing his FG% up each season, though he does commit a lot of fouls. Being as how he's shown some potential and is on a rookie contract, I would want to keep him around to see how he pans out. He seems like the type of guy that could really excel if given the chance.

He likely is on the trading block because they have Udoh who was the... 7th pick? from the same draft and Henson from this year's draft as well as Dalembert and Pryzbilla.

PleaseBeNice
12-01-2012, 01:38 AM
Bucks coming up strong this year

LakersIn5
12-01-2012, 02:53 AM
bynum did it last season why isnt he on the list?

Hawkeye15
12-01-2012, 03:09 AM
Bucks lost. He is a stat stuffer...

LAKERS 24/7
12-01-2012, 03:18 AM
Bucks lost. He is a stat stuffer...

Yea, but, he stuffs them so well

JasonJohnHorn
12-01-2012, 04:05 PM
bynum did it last season why isnt he on the list?

I think he did it in the playoffs against the Nuggets. That post is just regular season games.

Hawkeye15
12-01-2012, 04:26 PM
Yea, but, he stuffs them so well

haha, this is true. He was everywhere. I think he got 4 of them on one possession.

OKC
12-01-2012, 04:39 PM
your turn thabeet:smoking:

JayW_1023
12-01-2012, 04:58 PM
Pekovic should've dunked the ball in many of these situations. Sanders gives up a lot of size and bulk.

Hawkeye15
12-01-2012, 05:24 PM
Pekovic should've dunked the ball in many of these situations. Sanders gives up a lot of size and bulk.

I dont even think Pek can dunk from a standstill....

Gram
12-01-2012, 05:37 PM
Larry Sanders for Austin Daye!

topdog
12-01-2012, 06:04 PM
Larry Sanders for Austin Daye!

Rip Gram!

Gram Off!

Yeah, I'm not feeling it :o

JayW_1023
12-01-2012, 09:15 PM
I dont even think Pek can dunk from a standstill....

When you have a physique like that, I don't understand why he still chooses finesse so close to the basket.

crewfan13
12-02-2012, 09:52 PM
The reason he was on the block, and probably isn't anymore, is because this is the first season he's really putting it together. Granted Skiles hasn't given him much of a chance, he was looking more like a bust prior to this year than anything else. Even this summer league it looked like he'd be leap-frogged by Henson and Udoh, but somehow he flipped the switch and is playing very well this year.

tredigs
12-03-2012, 01:20 AM
HA Shaq as a 21 yr old in Orlando: 24/28/3 with 15 blocks on 12/19. Dece.