PDA

View Full Version : Seattle Bringing NBA Back?

cramxc
11-30-2012, 08:54 PM
Who do you think are the most likely teams to make a move and bring an NBA team back to Seattle?

http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2012/11/latest-on-seattle-arena-plans.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Baller1
11-30-2012, 08:57 PM
It was supposed to be the Maloofs selling Hansen the Kings.. Thought that was the plan. But I guess not.

cramxc
11-30-2012, 09:06 PM
It was supposed to be the Maloofs selling Hansen the Kings.. Thought that was the plan. But I guess not.

It's seems like the Kings to Seattle has possibly faded...What do you guys think the chances of 2 teams coming in...expansion style? I'm sure another city could step-up. I don't think it's out of the question.

JEDean89
12-01-2012, 12:01 AM
^^^ considering contraction was recently discussed as a real option, i think that there is no chance the nba adds more teams. i think teams like, in no particular order, the kings, the bobcats, the pistons and maybe a few more teams would like the bigger market. i really don't see any clear cut team that needs to gtfo of their team other than the kings. if an eastcoast team moves to the supersonics though, i would like to see a team like memphis go to the eastern conference.

raiderposting
12-01-2012, 12:03 AM
the lakers

JasonJohnHorn
12-01-2012, 12:25 AM
I heard the Knicks are having trouble making money and may move to Seatle now that everybody in NY is a Nets fan.

Baller1
12-01-2012, 12:45 AM
It's seems like the Kings to Seattle has possibly faded...What do you guys think the chances of 2 teams coming in...expansion style? I'm sure another city could step-up. I don't think it's out of the question.

There's no way teams are added to this league. It would just add two more ****** teams, while the powerhouses continue to dominate the league.

Lab Rat Robby
12-01-2012, 01:12 AM
i don't think expansion would be so terrible. there's plenty of talent out there just rotting on the bench. utah has too many bigs, clipps too many points, denver is crowded with wings, etc... i think seattle and vegas could get a team, the thunder would move to the southwest, and memphis would go to the central. the tricky part would be scheduling. central and northwest would have to shave some, or the rest could pick up some inter-conference games. as a fan more inter-conference games would be awesome, but then there's the issue of coaches like pop sitting players. you can't fine them when they're just bracing for the long season.

gatkins11
12-01-2012, 02:12 AM
There's no way teams are added to this league. It would just add two more ****** teams, while the powerhouses continue to dominate the league.

Bingo.

AsfanSince99
12-01-2012, 05:51 AM
Who do you think are the most likely teams to make a move and bring an NBA team back to Seattle?

http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2012/11/latest-on-seattle-arena-plans.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

I like Seattle, but they lost the Sonics, so they don't deserve another team, imo..

If they are willing to build a new stadium to lure a team to Seattle, why didn't they just do that for the Sonics?

nr19
12-01-2012, 05:57 AM
i don't think expansion would be so terrible. there's plenty of talent out there just rotting on the bench. utah has too many bigs, clipps too many points, denver is crowded with wings, etc... i think seattle and vegas could get a team, the thunder would move to the southwest, and memphis would go to the central. the tricky part would be scheduling. central and northwest would have to shave some, or the rest could pick up some inter-conference games. as a fan more inter-conference games would be awesome, but then there's the issue of coaches like pop sitting players. you can't fine them when they're just bracing for the long season.

We're talking about a league where only 5-6 teams have a legitimate shot at a title and you want to add 2 more teams that will have no chance?

Ebbs
12-01-2012, 06:02 AM
I like Seattle, but they lost the Sonics, so they don't deserve another team, imo..

If they are willing to build a new stadium to lure a team to Seattle, why didn't they just do that for the Sonics?

You realize the amount of money, time, planning and approval is required to build a new stadium?

KingPosey
12-01-2012, 06:39 AM
As a Sacramento Kings fan, if Vegas could get a team.... they would already have a team.

StarvingKnick22
12-01-2012, 09:22 AM
I heard the Knicks are having trouble making money and may move to Seatle now that everybody in NY is a Nets fan.

The Knicks are having a high jersey sale and are 2nd in franchise worth.
I heard the Pistons were available though.

jericho
12-01-2012, 10:07 AM
i like the expansion idea a city like vancover could get another team back or even new jersey just imagine that rivalry against the nets

i bet there is more cities that could get an nba team besides seattle i hope the expansion does happen i miss the sonics

LTBaByyy
12-01-2012, 11:02 AM
Bobcats move to Seattle and Western Conference while Memphis moves to Eastern Conference

Parity for the NBA and more money for Bobcats

SINCESTARBURY25
12-01-2012, 11:14 AM

The Kings and the warriors becoming 1 team would be scary.
Even the Kings and the bobcats would be good.

SINCESTARBURY25
12-01-2012, 11:16 AM
Pg-Curry
sg-Klay thomphson
sf-tyreke evans
pf-Demarcus Cousins
c-Andrew bogut

jd25213
12-01-2012, 11:24 AM
Kansas City would make the most sense for a new team. We already have two arenas built.

king4day
12-01-2012, 12:51 PM
I don't understand why the Maloofs would want to move to the East Coast unless they want to maintain ownership. Maybe they should partner with the ownership group in Seattle. Figure more money to be had there.

king4day
12-01-2012, 12:52 PM
If the Hornets tag comes back to Charlotte, I'd say, give the franchise some years to turn their attendance around. I don't wanna lose this team but if they don't turn it around, I don't see any other way they can remain in NC.

Lab Rat Robby
12-01-2012, 02:48 PM
We're talking about a league where only 5-6 teams have a legitimate shot at a title and you want to add 2 more teams that will have no chance?

yes, the more the merrier. i'm seeing wade is done posts, and rondo/kg are so toxic ray allen dang near ran to cuba. griffin/ jordan might get buffet style lobs but can either of them even make half their free throws, nash plays a couple games and the coach gets fired. the spurs are so old they're sitting guys against the champs on charles night, and okc trades harden. there's plenty room at the top. the only teams i'd say have no chance at all this year is orlando because i think they want to tank and sacramento because cousins is worse than rondo and the kings need to move.

Lab Rat Robby
12-01-2012, 02:50 PM
oh and nyk/brooklyn, i forgot those teams were relavent.