PDA

View Full Version : Suns To Offer Fans Money-Back Fun Guarantee

John Walls Era
11-30-2012, 02:46 PM
There are guarantees from players proclaiming that they'll win an upcoming game. There are guarantees from businesses that if the home team shuts out another you can get what you bought the previous week for free. But what about a fun guarantee?

On Dec. 6, the Phoenix Suns will be the first team in NBA history to guarantee its fans that they will have fun at the game or they can get their money back.

LINK (http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8693660/phoenix-suns-offer-fans-money-back-fun-guarantee)

:speechless: Wizards need to try this.

DoMeFavors
11-30-2012, 02:49 PM
I would just keep taking the money back

LTBaByyy
11-30-2012, 02:50 PM
Wow. They could lie and basically catch a free game

king4day
11-30-2012, 02:52 PM
The attendance hasn't been great so it seems they just want to try something new to lure a crowd. They'll make enough in concessions that price of admission isn't as important.

RangersMets
11-30-2012, 03:00 PM
The suns don't exactly have high ticket prices, concessions and apparel is where money is made. Increased consistent attendance also allows for higher priced advertising.

It is a good business tactic for teams unable to sell a lot of tickets.

Also, it is probably an annoying and tedious process to get your money back.

P Styles
11-30-2012, 03:02 PM
The suns don't exactly have high ticket prices, concessions and apparel is where money is made. Increased consistent attendance also allows for higher priced advertising.

It is a good business tactic for teams unable to sell a lot of tickets.

Also, it is probably an annoying and tedious process to get your money back.

^^ This

An empty seat makes you NO money.

Fill in some cheap seats. People will buy food, drinks, shirts, jerseys, etc while they are there (that is where the true profit is made).

Even if you need to refund a cheap admission ticket, you will have made more since the person was physically in the arena as opposed to an empty seat.

JasonJohnHorn
11-30-2012, 03:25 PM
They wouldn't have problems getting people to come to the games if they didn't just let talented players go. They had such a great team after that first season with Nash, and every year they just let players walk, or traded them away for nothing. Like Kurt Thomas. They gave Seattle two first-round picks just to take Kurt Thomas's contract. They gave away a solid role player and two picks for nothing! Let JJ go. Traded Marion. I mean, by the time it got to Amar'e, what was the point of trying to keep him? But had they kept their roster up, and maintained their level of play they would have banners in the rafters and fan in their stadium.

I know Phoenix is not making as much money as some teams, but the money they've spent, they've spent unwisely, and let so much talent go... it's just a shame.

Raps18-19 Champ
11-30-2012, 03:32 PM
'Having fun' is a vague term in this context.

There's bound to be some rules in there that'll make it hard to actually get your money back.

Guppyfighter
11-30-2012, 03:37 PM
'Having fun' is a vague term in this context.

There's bound to be some rules in there that'll make it hard to actually get your money back.

Really easy to get your money back on this. However, like most said, they bank on them not asking or just buying **** while they are there.

sunsfan88
11-30-2012, 03:38 PM
Well the Suns just got blown out by 40 pts by the Pistons....

Raps18-19 Champ
11-30-2012, 03:39 PM
Really easy to get your money back on this. However, like most said, they bank on them not asking or just buying **** while they are there.

Depends on what the definition of having fun is. Unless it's a blowout, most people would have a case to say they enjoyed at least 1 part of the game.

tredigs
11-30-2012, 03:48 PM
I assume this doesn't apply to all seats. But if so, HELLO COURTSIDE! Oh Suns lost because this roster sucks? I'm not happy. Pay me.

That's how I see this playing out.

torocan
11-30-2012, 03:56 PM
Well the Suns just got blown out by 40 pts by the Pistons....

The definition of fun!

Wait, that's not what you meant? You meant fun for Phoenix fans?

Nevermind... :facepalm:

king4day
11-30-2012, 04:50 PM
I assume this doesn't apply to all seats. But if so, HELLO COURTSIDE! Oh Suns lost because this roster sucks? I'm not happy. Pay me.

That's how I see this playing out.

I didn't even think of that. It'd be a good time to be a lying cheap Suns fan :)

I wonder if there are limitations on what seats apply.

John Walls Era
11-30-2012, 07:20 PM
Better not be nosebleed seats.

xxplayerxx23
11-30-2012, 07:59 PM
eat before the game, say you didn't have fun= Free game :drool:

justinnum1
11-30-2012, 08:02 PM
it should really be if the suns win, you get your money back.

DoMeFavors
11-30-2012, 08:08 PM
eat before the game, say you didn't have fun= Free game :drool:

They are actually nice to the fans unlike MSG, MSG dont do stuff like this.

tr3ymill3r
11-30-2012, 08:18 PM
I have to imagine if you ask for your money back due to lack of fun, you will have lack of patience for as long as it will take for you to get that cash back. I guarantee at least 3 documents will need to be filled out and it will have to take 8-16 weeks, just to be sure.

justinnum1
11-30-2012, 08:19 PM
i bet the deal is if you dont have fun they just give you tickets to another game..