PDA

View Full Version : Jeremy Lamb sent to D-League

He115ing
11-30-2012, 11:47 AM
Just read on ESPN that Jeremy Lamb has been sent to the D-League.

This was a surprise to me. I think it is a waste to send him there. He can help the team right now imo.

Was this the right move by the Thunder?

Link:
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8691686/jeremy-lamb-oklahoma-city-thunder-sent-d-league-tulsa-66ers

KnickaBocka.44
11-30-2012, 12:13 PM
It is the right move. There aren't any minutes for him on the Thunder and the kid needs to keep playing to improve.

LTBaByyy
11-30-2012, 12:17 PM
Lamb and PJ3 could be starting on a lottery team

They have so much talent being wasted and probably will out of the league in a few years

He115ing
11-30-2012, 12:22 PM

They have so much talent being wasted and probably will out of the league in a few years

I definitely think that Lamb can be a solid contributor right away. It sucks that he is not even getting a chance.

jmoney85
11-30-2012, 12:27 PM

how do you figure? these teams are good for a reason, because they know how to develop talent.

KnickaBocka.44
11-30-2012, 12:28 PM
I definitely think that Lamb can be a solid contributor right away. It sucks that he is not even getting a chance.

I agree that it sucks, but where do you expect his minutes to come from on a contender like the Thunder?

jmoney85
11-30-2012, 12:31 PM
I would rather him sit bench on one of the top teams in the league rather than play on a crappy team and develop bad habits and a losing culture

LTBaByyy
11-30-2012, 12:44 PM
I would rather him sit bench on one of the top teams in the league rather than play on a crappy team and develop bad habits and a losing culture

Brook Lopez says hi, it worked out for him well

I can name 30 guys not even drafted top 10 on the top of my head that started on bad teams and became good/great players

jmoney85
11-30-2012, 01:41 PM
Brook Lopez says hi, it worked out for him well

I can name 30 guys not even drafted top 10 on the top of my head that started on bad teams and became good/great players

I didnt say it doesnt work but it's definitely better for a player to come up on a good team... it will make him even better

JasonJohnHorn
11-30-2012, 01:54 PM
I think it will be good. With Martin playing as well as he is, and Stefolosha starting at the SG spot, there really isn't much room for Lamb in the rotation right now. He might as well get some in-game time and actually play to keep his skills sharp.

If he's riding the pine, he's not shooting. If I was the ownership team with a promising young player, I'd like to see him play, but at the same time, I don't what his development to hurt my teams' chances.

This is a good move.

Baller1
11-30-2012, 02:03 PM
Smart move. There's no minutes, no point of wasting time on the bench. All OKC fans saw this coming.

lvblay3
11-30-2012, 02:17 PM

Do some research and look at how the Thunder Orginization has developed young Talent.

Losoway
11-30-2012, 02:18 PM
terrible move. just trade him and let him develop on a NBA TEAM. jeremy lamb ability does not belong in the d league

lvblay3
11-30-2012, 02:22 PM

Tulsa 66ers, ie the Thunders D-League team runs the same offense and defense as the Thunder. They are taught the same way. the 66ers only play for the Thunder unlike most D-league teams who have 3 or 4 NBA teams for one D-League team.

lvblay3
11-30-2012, 02:24 PM
Smart move. There's no minutes, no point of wasting time on the bench. All OKC fans saw this coming.

agreed

lvblay3
11-30-2012, 02:28 PM
terrible move. just trade him and let him develop on a NBA TEAM. jeremy lamb ability does not belong in the d league

You and other NBA Team fans can be mad... but the Thunder is loaded with Talent and young talent... oh guest what they also have 3 first rd picks in next years draft and probably a top 8 pick... Doesnt it suck that your GM isnt as good as Sam Presti...

BKLYNpigeon
11-30-2012, 02:37 PM
I think OKC knows more about basketball decisions then ANY of you guys do.

whatever OKC does, seems to turn to gold.