PDA

View Full Version : Is Dwight Howard Still The Best C In The Game?

JasonJohnHorn
11-30-2012, 11:33 AM
Dwight Howard has been, for several seasons now, considered the best center in the game. I don't think that has changed, YET, but I do feel there is a case to be made that his status as the best big man is coming into question.

He's currently post the worst rebounding number since his rookie season, and his lowest scoring average in five years. That's still enough to keep him in the top five of both among centers, but in years past he's finished first among centers in both catagories. His is still second among blocks though, only Hibbert has more among centers.

Dwight just doesn't seem like himself. I know that part of it is getting involved in a new system with new teammates. He's on a better rebounding team now, so it's unfair to expect him to rebound as well now that he has help from the likes of Gasol, and Dwight is also coming off back surgery. There's a lot working against Dwight right now, and still he is playing at a high level, but in all honestly, he's not playing to his full potential.

So with that said, do you think by the end of the season Dwight will still be considered the best center in the game?

LakersIn5
11-30-2012, 11:42 AM
if not dwight then who is? simple as that

Lakers4life08
11-30-2012, 11:42 AM
No, Haddadi from Memphis having amazing season and he is now best C in the game

todu82
11-30-2012, 11:44 AM
Option 1. Howard's still adjusting to L.A. Give him time and he'll be playing good basketball again.

Im_in_Mia_bish
11-30-2012, 11:45 AM
I do not like Howard or his game, however I respect it.
with that said, he was by far the best center in the game last year, so far ahead, that his production so far, albeit average at best still isnt enough to knock him out of the top spot.

no other center in the nba has numbers that are much better than dwights. Bynum had a shot, but the guy is injured and it looks like he won't be the same player he was once he comes back. Unless players like Varejao and co can somehow continue this pace or end up having better numbers than howard, i dont see it changing.

Howard, at least right now, is the best center in the NBA. and it pains me to admit it lol

I hate that Supergirl.

Longhornfan1234
11-30-2012, 11:47 AM
Duncan and Lopez >>>> Howard. His offensive game is limited and his defense has been subpar.

ManRam
11-30-2012, 11:50 AM
Howard is coming back from a major surgery and is adjusting to a new team and learning to play with players that are stars. He might not currently be playing like the best center in the NBA, but I do think he definitely still is the best center in the NBA.

Duncan and Lopez, among others, are playing better than him, but let's not kid ourselves. They aren't better. Dwight will continue to progress.

DanG
Yes, easily

Swashcuff
Dwight still looks to me as if he's not at 100% health (or close to it). Give it time. He's unquestionably the best C in the NBA. If he isn't the best C then who is? Who's closest? No single player. They're all just bunched up with no one else setting themselves apart from the pack.

ManRam
11-30-2012, 11:58 AM
Dwight definitely is not at 100% health, or at least he doesn't trust his body 100%. You don't have to look any further than his defense. He isn't covering the ground he usually does. His help defense isn't getting there as quickly. He doesn't seem like he's as willing to jump, leap, and soar into chaos like he usually does. He looks reserved.

He'll get better.

bucketss
11-30-2012, 12:01 PM
how the hell do people say lopez is better than howard

dee279
11-30-2012, 12:03 PM
I think Marc Gasol might just be number 2 at the moment. DMC, with more maturity will take that top spot eventually. D Howard is still the best though and it isnt close.

Iron24th
11-30-2012, 12:04 PM

Yes, terrible.

KnickaBocka.44
11-30-2012, 12:12 PM
* 2 new systems

ManRam
11-30-2012, 12:15 PM

Prisoners of the moment.

Playing basketball at a higher level than a certain player who has long been considered better doesn't instantly make that guy a better player. It just means that player is currently playing better basketball. Probably nothing more, and probably nothing less.

Those people, if being consistent, would have to argue that Goran Dragic is better than Westbrook, Deron Williams etc. Just because he's playing better right now.

tnewkirk
11-30-2012, 12:16 PM
Howard is coming back from a major surgery and is adjusting to a new team and learning to play with players that are stars. He might not currently be playing like the best center in the NBA, but I do think he definitely still is the best center in the NBA.

Duncan and Lopez, among others, are playing better than him, but let's not kid ourselves. They aren't better. Dwight will continue to progress.

well duncan is a pf, but lets not kid ourselves duncan is a top 15 player of all time.

ManRam
11-30-2012, 12:17 PM
well duncan is a pf, but lets not kid ourselves duncan is a top 15 player of all time.

He's a top 10 player of all time, not 15, but he's not a better player than Dwight Howard now...regardless of what this one month of basketball suggests.

Avenged
11-30-2012, 02:17 PM

Hah. Probably because he has a jumpshot :shrug: