PDA

View Full Version : Rondo isn't a superstar ...

Mr. LA
11-30-2012, 01:29 AM
Hear me out ... He has the numbers but after what I seen the other day ... I just can no longer call that man ... (or kid should I say) ... a superstar. I mean honestly? can you see James or Kobe pushing Humphries into the stands? lol ... this kid isn't a leader ... he has soo much growing up to do before he will be known as a true superstar

Rondo
Cousins
Bynum

grow up and these guys are 3 of the 10 best players in the NBA ...

Guppyfighter
11-30-2012, 01:30 AM
He's not a superstar, but not for your reasons. Your reasons aren't very good.

MintBerryCrunch
11-30-2012, 01:34 AM
C'mon mannnn

Mr. LA
11-30-2012, 01:36 AM
[QUOTE=Guppyfighter;24515726]He's not a superstar, but not for your reasons. Your reasons aren't very good.[/QU

A mature Rondo is a superstar ... he can rebound(best for pg), pass(best in the NBA hands down), he has devolped a good shot ... a lock down defendewr .... how is he not a superstar ? but he isn't because he is a little punk. He will NEVER win a title as the number 1 option until he cleans up his act

Slug3
11-30-2012, 01:36 AM
Didnt Kobe and like Doug Christie or whatever his name is go at it? I still see Kobe as a superstar.

Guppyfighter
11-30-2012, 01:38 AM
[QUOTE=Guppyfighter;24515726]He's not a superstar, but not for your reasons. Your reasons aren't very good.[/QU

A mature Rondo is a superstar ... he can rebound(best for pg), pass(best in the NBA hands down), he has devolped a good shot ... a lock down defendewr .... how is he not a superstar ? but he isn't because he is a little punk. He will NEVER win a title as the number 1 option until he cleans up his act

He's actually not a good shot. And that's why he is not a superstar.

Mr. LA
11-30-2012, 01:40 AM
Didnt Kobe and like Doug Christie or whatever his name is go at it? I still see Kobe as a superstar.

Kobe wasn't a superstar at that point ... you think Kobe would be fighting doug if that happened tomorrow? no!!! he has evolved and that is why he is now a superstar

Andrew32
11-30-2012, 01:44 AM

Yeah... these kind of thugs will never be good leaders.
http://www.break.com/usercontent/2008/7/nba-basketball-fights-kobe-fights-reggie-miller-544718

;)

mvb815
11-30-2012, 01:46 AM
garnett, shaq, barkley

Nick O
11-30-2012, 01:46 AM
lol well i could see rodman doing it :p .. id classify him as a superstar... i could see shaq and KG and MWP doin it... but aside from that point i dont what i would classify him as... depending on what your classification of superstar is... hes gonna be a perennial all star... but.... not one of the all time greats

seikou8
11-30-2012, 01:47 AM
mr la is back still uninformed about basketball i see like my sig

Caveman508
11-30-2012, 01:51 AM
Immaturity level has not been like he was seasons ago, the Celtics are Rondo's team..

hes already about 3 points more ppg and 4 apg

his shots steadily improved and a good read here (http://espn.go.com/boston/nba/story/_/id/8510892/rajon-rondo-steps-shadows-boston-celtics-leader)

and stats from ESPN.com here (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/3026/rajon-rondo)

I'm not going to put him above CP3 but I like him in the top 3-5 that's not my bias being a Boston sports fan but I mean... kid can ball.. and stats back it up

krisxsong
11-30-2012, 04:00 AM

He will NEVER win as a #1 option whether or not he's himself or Tim Duncan(personality wise).

No he has not developed a good shot. There's a reason teams still go under screens on him.

Rondo is not a superstar because he needs a strong supporting cast to be good. Don't get me wrong he's great at what he does, but a traditional point guard like him relies too much on who's around him.

To me there are 5 superstars in the NBA.

Kobe Bryant
LeBron James
Dwight Howard
Kevin Durant
Derrick Rose

Corey
11-30-2012, 04:03 AM
He isn't a superstar.

Superstar gets thrown around too loosely.

Guppyfighter
11-30-2012, 04:04 AM
[QUOTE=Mr. LA;24515799]

He will NEVER win as a #1 option whether or not he's himself or Tim Duncan(personality wise).

No he has not developed a good shot. There's a reason teams still go under screens on him.

Rondo is not a superstar because he needs a strong supporting cast to be good. Don't get me wrong he's great at what he does, but a traditional point guard like him relies too much on who's around him.

Kobe Bryant
LeBron James
Dwight Howard
Kevin Durant
Derrick Rose

Forgot Chris Paul

HE carried a Hornets team to the playoffs that had no business being there.

krisxsong
11-30-2012, 04:13 AM
[QUOTE=krisxsong;24516943]

Forgot Chris Paul

HE carried a Hornets team to the playoffs that had no business being there.

No I did not forget Chris Paul...wait yes I did.

Baller1
11-30-2012, 04:30 AM
Boston doesn't possess a superstar anymore. A lot of borderline stars, which is why they're a great team and still a threat in the East. But no superstars on that roster.

krisxsong
11-30-2012, 04:38 AM
Boston doesn't possess a superstar anymore. A lot of borderline stars, which is why they're a great team and still a threat in the East. But no superstars on that roster.

There are no borderline stars on that team outside of Rondo.

Hawkeye15
11-30-2012, 04:40 AM
he doesn't have the numbers, you are wrong OP.

Superstar is thrown around so much, my god.

Guppyfighter
11-30-2012, 04:40 AM
he doesn't have the numbers, you are wrong OP.

Superstar is thrown around so much, my god.

Ah, you haven't met Mr. La.

Well, he is horrible. Have fun.

Baller1
11-30-2012, 04:45 AM
There are no borderline stars on that team outside of Rondo.

KG still has the ability to influence games in a significant way. Pierce probably not so much anymore. But if Boston shows up in the playoffs again, it'll be because of KG. I think it can still be argued that he's a borderline star despite being a shell of his former self.

Duncan = Donkey
11-30-2012, 04:54 AM
Rondo never was, never has and never will be a superstar.

To me a superstar is a player i fear my team going aginast, and i am never worried about playing a rondo led team.

Hawkeye15
11-30-2012, 05:05 AM
Ah, you haven't met Mr. La.

Well, he is horrible. Have fun.

I have met hustle.

No sweat.

Guppyfighter
11-30-2012, 05:21 AM
I have met hustle.

No sweat.

:laugh2:

Sactown
11-30-2012, 05:22 AM
Honestly I agree, there are few players I think are superstars in this league and currently I have

Lebron
Durant
Howard (not playing like one)
and possible CP3.

Simply because any given night I would say they are damn near impossible to stop

Kobe and Love are close but are in my upper end of All-stars.. Everyone else falls under all-star or very good player.. Superstar is handed out to often, These 4-6 players are the only players in the League who can go to any team and make it a possible contender.

Hawkeye15
11-30-2012, 05:24 AM
Honestly I agree, there are few players I think are superstars in this league and currently I have

Lebron
Durant
Howard (not playing like one)
and possible CP3.

Simply because any given night I would say they are damn near impossible to stop

Kobe and Love are close but are in my upper end of All-stars.. Everyone else falls under all-star or very good player.. Superstar is handed out to often, These 4-6 players are the only players in the League who can go to any team and make it a possible contender.

A superstar can take anything to the playoffs. So I agree with the 4 you have there.

Sactown
11-30-2012, 05:45 AM
A superstar can take anything to the playoffs. So I agree with the 4 you have there.

I also consider a superstar as someone who can't be stopped from leaving their foot print on the game, so purely offensive players just don't cut it for me..

Dwight will always rebound well block shots, even if he isn't scoring
Lebron will always do something well, either scoring, defense, rebounding, play making.
CP3 can create for others, score, play defense and get you steals
Durant is such a prolific scorer that I have to add him. The only person who can keep Durant from scoring 30 is Westbrook

Hawkeye15
11-30-2012, 05:48 AM
I also consider a superstar as someone who can't be stopped from leaving their foot print on the game, so purely offensive players just don't cut it for me..

Dwight will always rebound well block shots, even if he isn't scoring
Lebron will always do something well, either scoring, defense, rebounding, play making.
CP3 can create for others, score, play defense and get you steals
Durant is such a prolific scorer that I have to add him. The only person who can keep Durant from scoring 30 is Westbrook

maybe. not sure If I agree with that or not. I guess we all have our definitions. Superstar, to me, means a player who can take anything into the playoffs. By your definition, Love is a superstar (or will go down as one), as an insane rebounder who hits 3's like no other rebounder in history.

I think that term is reserved for players who add so many wins just being there, it isn't even funny.

Sactown
11-30-2012, 05:57 AM
maybe. not sure If I agree with that or not. I guess we all have our definitions. Superstar, to me, means a player who can take anything into the playoffs. By your definition, Love is a superstar (or will go down as one), as an insane rebounder who hits 3's like no other rebounder in history.

I think that term is reserved for players who add so many wins just being there, it isn't even funny.

I guess you definitely have a point, although I think Love could lead the wolves to the playoffs in the east hahaha.

kobe4thewinbang
11-30-2012, 06:14 AM
Take anything to the playoffs? If Rondo isn't a superstar, then what is he? He nearly beat Miami by himself last year, nailing several three-pointers despite getting hit in the face and no call being made. If that's not being a superstar, I don't know what is. He might not be a scorer like Durant/Kobe/LBJ, but he is definitely the leader of the Celtics and can drive into the lane and score. Without him, there aren't 10 assisted baskets being made. Get a grip, people. Rondo isn't "there" yet, but he's still a viable threat.

Sactown
11-30-2012, 06:16 AM
Take anything to the playoffs? If Rondo isn't a superstar, then what is he? He nearly beat Miami by himself last year, nailing several three-pointers despite getting hit in the face and no call being made. If that's not being a superstar, I don't know what is. He might not be a scorer like Durant/Kobe/LBJ, but he is definitely the leader of the Celtics and can drive into the lane and score. Without him, there aren't 10 assisted baskets being made. Get a grip, people. Rondo isn't "there" yet, but he's still a viable threat.

If you read what Hawkeye and I were saying, then there really is only about 4 superstars in the league, Rondo is a very good player and a definite All-star, but depending on your definition of a superstar he may or may not be one.

sammyvine
11-30-2012, 07:28 AM
If you read what Hawkeye and I were saying, then there really is only about 4 superstars in the league, Rondo is a very good player and a definite All-star, but depending on your definition of a superstar he may or may not be one.

depends on what you think is a sstar.

if you are talking about Kobe, Lebron (players that are known globally, bring in money and takes their teams to championships) then No, he is not on that level.

If you are talking about a guy who is one of the best players in the league and top 3 in their position then YES he is on that level

sammyvine
11-30-2012, 07:29 AM

A superstar is just not about how well their team does. It also about how much star quality they have and if they attract people to watch them etc...

Kobe is a definite superstar. How can anybody argue otherwise?

Green_Monster
11-30-2012, 08:07 AM
He isn't a superstar.

This. My superstars are Lebron, Durant, Howard, Paul, and Bryant.

Jesse2272
11-30-2012, 08:14 AM
Rondo is one of the best pure PG Ive ever seen

If he had a consistent jumpshot=Legendary

bagwell368
11-30-2012, 08:38 AM

A mature Rondo is a superstar ... he can rebound(best for pg),

Count up how many fast breaks he helps give up by not falling back like he is supposed to on possession change.

pass(best in the NBA hands down),

That's all he really does on offense since he's afraid to penetrate much anymore or shot much anymore and was stat piling for his streak.

he has devolped a good shot ...

His FT% for a guard is still crap, and the sample size of this season is small, his best shooting years were 2008-2010. The past two seasons he has been pathetic.

a lock down defendewr ....

He is playing the worst defense of his career right now, and still trying for too many steals.

how is he not a superstar ? but he isn't because he is a little punk. He will NEVER win a title as the number 1 option until he cleans up his act

He will never win as the #1 option no matter if he cleans up his act or not. He's not even in the NBA top 50 right now.

bagwell368
11-30-2012, 08:42 AM

He has never been the leader of the Celtics. Neither is PP. The day KG walked through the door he has been the leader, and last year he well outplayed Rondo, and PP outplayed Rondo by a bit.

The Celts ownership, DA, and Doc are all pushing an agenda of Rondo as leader this year and with his sober attitude early this year I was ready to buy it. But no. He couldn't help himself. The guy that handles frustration like a 13 year old girl strikes again. He's fne as a #3 option, and you have a Championship team if he is #4, but #1? And #1 for the Celtics in an historic sense? He's about as much a leader as the Wiggle was, maybe less.

What's his excuse? He's no kid. He's half way through his career, with his best years 3 and 4 years behind him. Lot's of buzz, and ridiculous mentions of MVP aside (well aside), he's not a leader, and if thrust into the role, will fail periodically.

He's not Bird or Havlicek or Russell

He's not Cowens or DJ or KG

He's not PP....

He's a punk with skills.

Jesse2272
11-30-2012, 08:50 AM
He's a punk with skills.

Really Bags

tcav701
11-30-2012, 09:00 AM
Define superstar.

Is this strictly performance based or popularity based?

He is a top 20 player who is 6th in jersey sales.

If hes not a superstar he is awfully close.

benzni
11-30-2012, 09:21 AM
needs some maturity but he will be one.

Kid is so talented

bagwell368
11-30-2012, 09:25 AM
Define superstar.

Please demonstrate how he is a top 20 player purely based on facts and not marketing/buzz?

He's as usual in the 6-10 tier of PG's so far this year. I'd call it #6 today. How does a #6 PG end up in the top 20? Best case Rondo is the #37-#50 tier league wide. Disprove it.

DatDude14
11-30-2012, 09:35 AM
Cant Shoot, Not a Leader, Cant make free throws, will never be a number 1 option. He couldn't even make the USA team. Just a good role player on a good team.

tcav701
11-30-2012, 09:47 AM
Please demonstrate how he is a top 20 player purely based on facts and not marketing/buzz?

He's as usual in the 6-10 tier of PG's so far this year. I'd call it #6 today. How does a #6 PG end up in the top 20? Best case Rondo is the #37-#50 tier league wide. Disprove it.

LeBron
Kobe
Durant
Melo
Rose
Deron
CP3
Westbrook
Dwight
Love
Dirk
LA
Wade

Those are the player I feel a definitavely better than Rondo.

Who else would you put ahead of him?

BCpatsox18
11-30-2012, 09:48 AM

Bags has a personal vendetta against rondo, i dont know why but he has for awhile. rondo is clearly the best passing guard, some of his assists are cousy-esque. one of the best rebounding point guards, and when he wants to is able to completely take over a game, as we've seen in miami last year and cleveland a few years back. His ability to take control of a game rivals lebron, and that is not an overstatement. when he is off the floor, the celtics are a mediocre team, anyone who watched the brooklyn game knows this. He may not be a superstar, but to say hes not top 10 or even top 50, is ridiculous.

RowBTrice
11-30-2012, 10:00 AM
"Rondo isn't a superstar ..."

You're right, he's a Super B****.

bagwell368
11-30-2012, 10:00 AM
LeBron
Kobe
Durant
Melo
Rose
Deron
CP3
Westbrook
Dwight
Love
Dirk
LA
Wade

Those are the player I feel a definitavely better than Rondo.

Who else would you put ahead of him?

Love? He's played 184 minutes this year...

Rose hasn't played at all...

Based 100% on this year alone:

M. Gasol
Bosh
Kidd
Splitter
Varejeo
Landry
Ibaka
Randolf
Diaw
Lopez
Parker
West
Favors
Kirilenko
Teague
Jordan
Ginobili
Dunleavy
Allen
Korver
Noah
Jefferson
Lowry
Horford
Harden
Anderson
Crawford
Faried
Dragic
Conley
Martin

31 more guys + the 11 guys that are valid on your list, 2 or 3 might get knocked off for playing time, but it still puts a big lie to Rondo in the top 20.

bagwell368
11-30-2012, 10:09 AM
Bags has a personal vendetta against rondo, i dont know why but he has for awhile.

Your opinion. My issue is with my fellow Celtic fans that go on endlessly about Rondo and forgive every single emotion based screw up he's come up with. He's had 5 games of suspension in the past 9 months. Oh tht's OK, he's our binky. He's stat padding - that's OK, he's our binky. Our binky is a complimentary part of a great team. Not a leader, not capable of being the best player or even 2nd best player of a deep playoff team on any consistent basis.

rondo is clearly the best passing guard, some of his assists are cousy-esque.

Great, style points or not, an assist is an assist.

one of the best rebounding point guards, and when he wants to is able to completely take over a game, as we've seen in miami last year and cleveland a few years back. His ability to take control of a game rivals lebron, and that is not an overstatement. when he is off the floor, the celtics are a mediocre team, anyone who watched the brooklyn game knows this. He may not be a superstar, but to say hes not top 10 or even top 50, is ridiculous.

Why is only up for some playoff games and some games on National TV, and such a dog in other games? Doesn't a great player get up for almost every game?

Please explain Rondo's 14 game emotional melt down after the Perkins deal (a great trade BTW) that cost the Celts critical seeding in the playoffs? Is that what a leader does? Pout?

Per 36 minutes a game there are a gaggle of guards that are within 1 Reb a game of Rondo, or even ahead of him (his best rebounding years appear to be behind him). Please go into depth about all the fast break baskets given up because Rondo is crashing the offensive glass when he is supposed to be coming down floor to play D.

Rondo has played the most of any Celt this year, what are they 8-8? Yeah I can see how his being on the floor is a magic bullet.

He isn't top 10, nor is he top 40 at least, and I can probably squeeze off more names to get to 50.

tcav701
11-30-2012, 10:12 AM
Love? He's played 184 minutes this year...

Rose hasn't played at all...

Based 100% on this year alone:

M. Gasol
Bosh
Kidd
Splitter
Varejeo
Landry
Ibaka
Randolf
Diaw
Lopez
Parker
West
Favors
Kirilenko
Teague
Jordan
Ginobili
Dunleavy
Allen
Korver
Noah
Jefferson
Lowry
Horford
Harden
Anderson
Crawford
Faried
Dragic
Conley
Martin

31 more guys + the 11 guys that are valid on your list, 2 or 3 might get knocked off for playing time, but it still puts a big lie to Rondo in the top 20.

Oh so you're a 15 game sample size guy?

No arguing with ignorance.

Rockice_8
11-30-2012, 10:16 AM
I LOL'ed when you put Cousins as one of the top 10 players in the NBA (if he ever matured). He'd be lucky to crack the top 50. I'm not putting a 7' C in the top 10 shooting 43% FG. Dude is a chucker on a bad team, and you can make an argument that he's not even top 10 at his position. Most overhyped player in the league right now.

Very talented but lots of guys with talent never figured it out and he's not even close yet.

bagwell368
11-30-2012, 11:32 AM
Oh so you're a 15 game sample size guy?

No arguing with ignorance.

Nothing like a reply that demonstrates ones total inability to deal with being wrong.

Sure go ahead, add your two guys. Now tell me how Rondo is what #14? in the NBA according to you.

bagwell368
11-30-2012, 11:37 AM
I LOL'ed when you put Cousins as one of the top 10 players in the NBA (if he ever matured). He'd be lucky to crack the top 50. I'm not putting a 7' C in the top 10 shooting 43% FG. Dude is a chucker on a bad team, and you can make an argument that he's not even top 10 at his position. Most overhyped player in the league right now.

Very talented but lots of guys with talent never figured it out and he's not even close yet.

Who put DeMarcus Cousins on what list? He's probably not even top 125.

ManRam
11-30-2012, 12:08 PM
I don't think shoving Humphries into the stands revokes anyone's status as a "superstar" if they were already just that.

I don't think he's a "superstar", but I think people are getting carried away with this.

bagwell368
11-30-2012, 12:59 PM
I don't think shoving Humphries into the stands revokes anyone's status as a "superstar" if they were already just that.

I don't think he's a "superstar", but I think people are getting carried away with this.

Carried away? No, carried to the right place. Rondo is a repeat offender for both emotionally idiotic behavior and stubborness with coaches and teammates - meaning he's not a leader.

So the question is can a fine role playing starter with issues be considered a superstar? Obviously not.

TheIlladelph16
11-30-2012, 01:08 PM
This super star label is very tiring for me. Its a word with absolutely zero universal definition that is seemingly applied at random for some players. Rondo is absolutely a star in this league and a top 5 guy at his position (where in the top 5 is a whole different discussion). Being a top 5 at your position does NOT qualify you as a superstar.

Lebron, Kobe, Dwight, Rose (when healthy), Durant, CP3 are all Superstars... Rondo is not on the level of those players, nor will he ever be with his offensive limitations.

LakersA's49ers
11-30-2012, 01:23 PM
Rajon Rondo is an excellent point guard. He's all star worthy, IMO top 3 PG behind Paul and pethaps Westbrook. Sorry D-Will fans, im just not a fan of that guy

nickdymez
11-30-2012, 01:34 PM
Some of you people saying Kobe isnt a superstar is silly. This is why I get my rep around here because some of you say silly things. Melo is a superstar as well.. Rondo is a borderline superstar. Rondo is the best player on that team, and that is a playoff team. The best player on the Lakers is always going to be a superstar no matter what. Hell, the best 3 players are probably going to be superstars just because of where they play. A superstar is not only someone who puts up numbers, but someone who trancends the game.

Gram
11-30-2012, 01:36 PM
Not sure what I'm more disappointed with. People thinking Rondo is a superstar or Mr. LA returning from his ban.

GiantsSwaGG
11-30-2012, 01:37 PM
He's not a superstar, he's a super G. Ask Hump :laugh2:

Jesse2272
11-30-2012, 01:42 PM
He's not a superstar, he's a super G. Ask Hump :laugh2:

:laugh:
get rid of the sig bro

king4day
11-30-2012, 01:45 PM
Superstar doesn't mean role model.

If he's not going to be considered a superstar, it's because of his talents..not because of his idiocy.

GiantsSwaGG
11-30-2012, 01:48 PM
get rid of the sig bro

I'll keep it up for 1 more week. These posters act like they don't be Twerking on the low :pity:

Azzacadabra
11-30-2012, 01:50 PM
He doesn't need to be a superstar. He's good at what he does. He'll go as far as his attitude takes him.

BklynKnicks3
11-30-2012, 01:51 PM
lol again Kevin love. Only 6 superstars in this league. Lecoward,melo,kd,kobe,cp3,dwight

#3tothehead

jmoney85
11-30-2012, 01:51 PM
lol melo isnt even a top 10 player DMF

GiantsSwaGG
11-30-2012, 01:53 PM
lol melo isnt even a top 10 player DMF

This season he is, can't say the same for any Nets players lol

Mr.SmackYoMama
11-30-2012, 02:04 PM
He's a SOLID STAR!!! Superstars are few and far between.....

2-ONE-5
11-30-2012, 02:49 PM

LOL maturity is not a requirement to be a super star.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
11-30-2012, 04:00 PM
He isn't a superstar.

This, but the OP's reason why he isn't a superstar is dumb.

jmoney85
11-30-2012, 04:04 PM
This season he is, can't say the same for any Nets players lol

LoLstandings

ManRam
11-30-2012, 04:06 PM
Carried away? No, carried to the right place. Rondo is a repeat offender for both emotionally idiotic behavior and stubborness with coaches and teammates - meaning he's not a leader.

So the question is can a fine role playing starter with issues be considered a superstar? Obviously not.

The OP used this incident as proof that he isn't a superstar. That's getting carried away. :shrug:

I mean, it's wrong to assume that he was a superstar in the first place, but if you did think that, and then suddenly don't think so any more because of this, well, that's getting carried away.

JasonJohnHorn
11-30-2012, 04:10 PM
Let's not pretend super stars don't do this $#!T. Dr. J punched Larry Bird square in the face when Bird was being held back. Kareem hit somebody so hard that he broke his hand! And then there is the Shaq/Barkley fight! lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4oF34p3-rQ

Please... these things happen... even to the biggest stars. Even Jordan:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPRbt1rrSFc

Greedy22
11-30-2012, 04:13 PM
Not sure what I'm more disappointed with. People thinking Rondo is a superstar or Mr. LA returning from his ban.

USMCLaker
11-30-2012, 04:27 PM
Rhondo is a little girl that being said he is the best point guard in the league. FU Rhondo and your little green jersey.

Alayla
11-30-2012, 04:44 PM
[QUOTE=Mr. LA;24515799]

Kobe Bryant
LeBron James
Dwight Howard
Kevin Durant
CP3

Fixed

krisxsong
11-30-2012, 04:50 PM
Rondo is one of the best pure PG Ive ever seen

If he had a consistent jumpshot=Legendary

If Jason Kidd had that, he would be even more legendary.

If Steve Nash played defense, same story.

If John Stockton won, same story.

Hypotheticals work for everyone.

krisxsong
11-30-2012, 04:50 PM
KG still has the ability to influence games in a significant way. Pierce probably not so much anymore. But if Boston shows up in the playoffs again, it'll be because of KG. I think it can still be argued that he's a borderline star despite being a shell of his former self.

I would like to hear that argument.

krisxsong
11-30-2012, 04:54 PM
Define superstar.

Jersey sales to define a superstar? That's the most ridiculous thing I've read in a while.

Top 20 player? So you think there are 20 superstars in the NBA?

krisxsong
11-30-2012, 04:57 PM
Rhondo is a little girl that being said he is the best point guard in the league. FU Rhondo and your little green jersey.

1. His last name is Rondo, not Rhondo.

2. He is NOT the best PG in the NBA. Chris Paul is hands down the best point guard in the NBA.

Derrick Rose is hands down the 2nd best point guard in the NBA.

You can make very strong arguments that Westbrook, Irving, and Williams are ahead of Rondo.

Gram
11-30-2012, 04:58 PM
Rondo isn't a super star and it's not even close.

Celtic fans, stop being such freaking homers. You guys have terrible justification as to why he's a superstar.

He can pass, defend and rebound. That's a great point guard, but his shooting is what keeps his scoring down. No superstar, no matter how many times his jersey is selled to people who think he's a superstar.

That said, I love Rondo. By no means am I ripping Rondo. Just thought I'd say that before you Boston homers chase me with pitchforks and torches.

krisxsong
11-30-2012, 04:59 PM
Let's not pretend super stars don't do this $#!T. Dr. J punched Larry Bird square in the face when Bird was being held back. Kareem hit somebody so hard that he broke his hand! And then there is the Shaq/Barkley fight! lol

Getting in fights does not exclude you from the superstar class. Running your teammates out of town and starting fights because your team isn't playing well kind of does.

kobe4thewinbang
11-30-2012, 05:08 PM
Can't believe someone said Rondo's just a punk with skills and not the leader compared to KG. Rondo monitors the Celtics offense and nails big shots in the lane against 3 defenders. KG is good, but without Rondo, the Celtics go nowhere. So how is Rondo not the leader? Who else is? KG might be good for morale, but he's just a good defender and gets fed countless jump shots from RONDO.

On a different subject...

If Rondo isn't a superstar, how can some people say Chris Paul is?

Baller1
11-30-2012, 05:09 PM
Can't believe someone said Rondo's just a punk with skills and not the leader compared to KG. Rondo monitors the Celtics offense and nails big shots in the lane against 3 defenders. KG is good, but without Rondo, the Celtics go nowhere.

Without KG, the Celtics go nowhere. Goes both ways.

krisxsong
11-30-2012, 05:12 PM
Can't believe someone said Rondo's just a punk with skills and not the leader compared to KG. Rondo monitors the Celtics offense and nails big shots in the lane against 3 defenders. KG is good, but without Rondo, the Celtics go nowhere. So how is Rondo not the leader? Who else is? KG might be good for morale, but he's just a good defender and gets fed countless jump shots from RONDO.

So every point guard is the leader of their team? Doesn't every point guard bring the ball up and monitor the offense?

Was Mo Williams the leader of the Cavs? Is Russell Westbrook the leader of the Thunder? Is Tony Parker the leader of the Spurs?

Kevin Garnett is the leader of that team.

bagwell368
11-30-2012, 05:35 PM

On a different subject...

If Rondo isn't a superstar, how can some people say Chris Paul is?

I said it, and I'm a Celts fan for 47 years. Rondo is not the leader of that team. Certainly never has been in the dressing room, and it's not even clear now on the floor with the Celts FO pushing him relentlessly as the leader.

The Celts aren't going to win anything with no KG either. That's your argument?

You lost all credibility by comparing CP3 to Rondo.

bagwell368
11-30-2012, 05:36 PM
He doesn't need to be a superstar. He's good at what he does. He'll go as far as his attitude takes him.

I can endorse that statement.

bagwell368
11-30-2012, 05:39 PM

And let's not pretend this is Rondo's only faux pas. He's got roughly 10 questionable instances behind him. If that many are public, how many more are there?

Tubby, K and Doc have both called him uncoachable. That's all his coaches for the last 9-10 years. DA in print said the same thing, before he realized it hurt his trade value.

LongIslandIcedZ
11-30-2012, 05:51 PM
What is the generally accepted definition of a superstar?

In my opinion there are only two

Lebron
Kobe

With a few other guys trying to break through.

nickdymez
11-30-2012, 06:02 PM
What is the generally accepted definition of a superstar?

In my opinion there are only two

Lebron
Kobe

With a few other guys trying to break through.

I think those two. Howard and Melo come to mind. basically a player that is top 3 at his position and is a recognizable name to most people, even if they arent basketball fans.

Hawkeye15
11-30-2012, 06:05 PM
lol again Kevin love. Only 6 superstars in this league. Lecoward,melo,kd,kobe,cp3,dwight

#3tothehead

Melo doesn't belong in the same sentence with those players dude.

kobe4thewinbang
11-30-2012, 06:09 PM
Without KG, the Celtics would be just fine. I wonder why! Because Rondo would still be giving out 10 assists every game (20-30 points) and scoring 10-20 points of his own compared to KG's typical 10-15 point effort.

Not every PG gets 10 assists per game and they don't all monitor the offense. Does Darren Collison monitor the offense? No, he fires up bricks. Derek Fisher is favored over him now in Dallas. Are you guys really that dense? You're basically comparing Rondo to Ramon Sessions, which is beyond insane.

And what makes Chris Paul great? What has he ever accomplished?

The Clippers stunk last year, and he didn't win anything in New Orleans. Won't win for years. His only shot was with the Lakers. I'd take Rondo over him any day. If that makes me lose credibility on this stupid site, then I'm simply crushed.

nickdymez
11-30-2012, 06:09 PM

Come on man, your biased. The Knicks gutted thier roster for Melo, whenever that happens, your considered a superstar pretty much.

Hawkeye15
11-30-2012, 06:12 PM
Come on man, your biased. The Knicks gutted thier roster for Melo, whenever that happens, your considered a superstar pretty much.

a superstar proves it on the floor, not because some GM went overboard to acquire a big name that sells tickets. A superstar can will a crap roster to 50 wins. There are only a few in any given year, and even a superstar doesn't stay one as they decline.

I guess it depends on your definition. If you want a player to sell jersey's and seats, and that defines him being a superstar, so be it. But Melo's level of play doesn't put him in the same sentence as Bron, Dwight, Durant, Paul, and Kobe.

Sly Guy
11-30-2012, 06:14 PM
Rondo's stats are across the board. His assist numbers are good, but his rebounding at the position is equally impressive. Rebounding numbers should translate well regardless of the team, and he attacks the rim while using it as a means to distribute. He defends, he's rangy and athletic.

So what if he can't shoot? That's ONE aspect of the game. Rondo is too good in all other areas to be overlooked.

Hawkeye15
11-30-2012, 06:15 PM
Without KG, the Celtics would be just fine. I wonder why! Because Rondo would still be giving out 10 assists every game and scoring 10-20 points of his own compared to KG's typical 10 point effort.

Please explain to me why as the big 3 have fallen off, and the C's have asked more of Rondo offensively, that they have continually slid down the offensive rankings, even finishing in the bottom 5 last season....

The C's success starts with their defense over last year, and the man responsible for that is Kevin Garnett.

Not every PG gets 10 assists per game and they don't all monitor the offense. Does Darren Collison monitor the offense? No, he fires up bricks. Derek Fisher is favored over him now in Dallas. Are you guys really that dense? You're basically comparing Rondo to Ramon Sessions, which is beyond insane.

Now you are comparing Rondo to average guards.

And what makes Chris Paul great? What has he ever accomplished?

I would love to see what Paul accomplished with KG, Ray, and Pierce from 08-11'... Paul is literally better at every part of the game.

The Clippers stunk last year, and he didn't win anything in New Orleans. Won't win for years. His only shot was with the Lakers. I'd take Rondo over him any day. If that makes me lose credibility on this stupid site, then I'm simply crushed.

Thank god you're not a GM.

Hawkeye15
11-30-2012, 06:17 PM
Rondo's stats are across the board. His assist numbers are good, but his rebounding at the position is equally impressive. Rebounding numbers should translate well regardless of the team, and he attacks the rim while using it as a means to distribute. He defends, he's rangy and athletic.

So what if he can't shoot? That's ONE aspect of the game. Rondo is too good in all other areas to be overlooked.

Rondo is an excellent player. But not a superstar.

I Rock Shaqs
11-30-2012, 06:17 PM
Hear me out ... He has the numbers but after what I seen the other day ... I just can no longer call that man ... (or kid should I say) ... a superstar. I mean honestly? can you see James or Kobe pushing Humphries into the stands? lol ... this kid isn't a leader ... he has soo much growing up to do before he will be known as a true superstar

Rondo
Cousins
Bynum

Your right with him not being a superstar but fighting people has absolutely nothing to do with being a superstar.
Isiah Thomas
Larry Bird
Kevin Mchale
Kevin Garnett
Charles Barkley
Shaq

Those are the only ones I can think of off the top of my head.

kobe4thewinbang
11-30-2012, 06:18 PM
How is Paul better? Cause he has a better jumpshot? What has he done that Rondo hasn't? I wasn't comparing Rondo to average guards. I was pointing out that it's stupid to say every point guard monitors the offense when some of them are only worried about scoring and failing miserably at it. And yeah I'm not a GM. But the Clippers have one, and they aren't winning jack. Why isn't the mighty Chris Paul "being a superstar" and winning a championship?

Hawkeye15
11-30-2012, 06:19 PM
How is Paul better? Cause he has a better jumpshot? What has he done that Rondo hasn't? I wasn't comparing Rondo to average guards. I was pointing out that it's stupid to say every point guard monitors the offense when some of them are only worried about scoring and failing miserably at it. And yeah I'm not a GM. But the Clippers have one, don't they? Why isn't the mighty Chris Paul "being a superstar" and winning a championship?

are you going to argue team success only? If so, this is pointless. Give Paul the players Rondo has had the past 4 years.

kobe4thewinbang
11-30-2012, 06:22 PM
Again, how is Paul better than Rondo?

kobe4thewinbang
11-30-2012, 06:24 PM
To quote an anti-Chris Paul crusader:

"paul is ight but i hate how every person says hes mvp hes no where near the talk
he cant carry his team in the fourth quarter, never hits game winning shots, never takes over in the fourth when its crunch time all he does is make a sweet bounce pass which any point gaurd in the nba can do."

Compared to Rondo, who can hit big shots in the 4th quarter and dazzle his way into the paint.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1187212-numbers-dont-lie-rajon-rondo-outperforming-chris-paul-in-2012-nba-playoffs

smith&wesson
11-30-2012, 06:24 PM

Rondo
Cousins
Bynum

kobe is my fav player but i have seen him get in to it with plenty of players. he once got punched straight in the mouth by chris childs. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5No9p9SEY2E

lebron is soft so we wont even go there. he rather yell at his mom and tell her to shut up and sit down then to step up to another player. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uu6vhNCcurg

rondo was sticking up for his team mate. nothing wrong with that. also he is def a top 3 pg in this league right now. does that make him a super star ? i dont know but labels are over rated any ways.

Hawkeye15
11-30-2012, 06:25 PM
Again, how is Paul better than Rondo?

Better scorer, better at controlling tempo, better defender, better handles, better at not turning the ball over, as good of a rebounder, as good of a passer, far better shooter, and more efficient.

kobe4thewinbang
11-30-2012, 06:28 PM
Rondo is the better player. Paul is good, but he's not as effective as Rondo. He just scores more and turns the ball over less.

smith&wesson
11-30-2012, 06:30 PM
Your right with him not being a superstar but fighting people has absolutely nothing to do with being a superstar.
Isiah Thomas
Larry Bird
Kevin Mchale
Kevin Garnett
Charles Barkley
Shaq

Those are the only ones I can think of off the top of my head.

jordan once choked reggie miller

ManRam
11-30-2012, 06:32 PM
Anyone else get a chuckle out of Melo fans calling LeBron "LeCoward"?

Sactown
11-30-2012, 06:35 PM
Better scorer, better at controlling tempo, better defender, better handles, better at not turning the ball over, as good of a rebounder, as good of a passer, far better shooter, and more efficient.

Actually for pure defensive purposes I would rather have rondo, but it's close. I think Rondo is actually more pesky and verbal than Paul is, but by no means does Rondo's defense outset the rest of what Paul is clearly superior at.. Rondo always had better coaching and players along side of him compared to Paul. Paul has always been far more efficient and is extremely dominant. There is no guard in the league I would chose over Paul, because when Paul takes it up to the next leave he is bound to have a few 30 point 10 assist 5 rebounds and 5 steal games in a playoff series and that's something Rondo can't do. Paul is just in another category, while Rondo (Great PG) is nothing more than a great piece on a contender. He is not the leader of the team nor the defensive anchor, he doesn't have the intangibles Paul has.. Paul is another coach on the court.

Hawkeye15
11-30-2012, 06:36 PM
Actually for pure defensive purposes I would rather have rondo, but it's close. I think Rondo is actually more pesky and verbal than Paul is, but by no means does Rondo's defense outset the rest of what Paul is clearly superior at.. Rondo always had better coaching and players along side of him compared to Paul. Paul has always been far more efficient and is extremely dominant. There is no guard in the league I would chose over Paul, because when Paul takes it up to the next leave he is bound to have a few 30 point 10 assist 5 rebounds and 5 steal games in a playoff series and that's something Rondo can't do. Paul is just in another category, while Rondo (Great PG) is nothing more than a great piece on a contender. He is not the leader of the team nor the defensive anchor, he doesn't have the intangibles Paul has.. Paul is another coach on the court.

Rondo takes too many risks. But, he has a great defense behind him to cover mistakes, something most PG's wish they had.

ManRam
11-30-2012, 06:40 PM

Rondo is more of a risk-taker, kinda like Kobe was. Paul plays it a bit more safe. Both can be more advantageous, and as a PG I don't think it matters too much. Both are great defenders, I'm content with just leaving it at that.

Sactown
11-30-2012, 06:40 PM
Rondo takes too many risks. But, he has a great defense behind him to cover mistakes, something most PG's wish they had.

He definitely does, but now with Paul on the clippers you could definitely same the same with DJ back there. I also like the intensity Rondo brings when he plays defense which I think he's learned from KG. they're both definitely fiery players lol. But like I said it's close I wouldn't say either is much better than the other, but what Paul has is that "other level" of play he can bring any given night and you see him show it in the 4th quarters of close games, he just takes over like I've never seen before, outside of MJ

Sactown
11-30-2012, 06:42 PM
Rondo is more of a risk-taker, kinda like Kobe was. Paul plays it a bit more safe. Both can be more advantageous, and as a PG I don't think it matters too much. Both are great defenders, I'm content with just leaving it at that.

It's hard to knock Rondo for taking risks because of the roster he is on, he knows he has great help defense and he takes advantage of that, I would find it hard to believe he would be taking those risk if he didn't have the roster he has, but I couldn't guarantee it.

ivylleague1'
11-30-2012, 07:05 PM
Yes he is !!!!!! If any of the current pgs is classified as a superstar, rondo is surely a superstar. Iam impressed by his game and many people are. rondo is great and amongst the best guards in the nba !!!!!

ManRam
11-30-2012, 07:14 PM
Yes he is !!!!!! If any of the current pgs is classified as a superstar, rondo is surely a superstar. Iam impressed by his game and many people are. rondo is great and amongst the best guards in the nba !!!!!

Do you really go to an Ivy League school?

bagwell368
11-30-2012, 07:14 PM

Thank you.

GiantsSwaGG
11-30-2012, 07:17 PM
How can Rondo be a superstar? He can't shoot for ****. He can fight thou :laugh:

GiantsSwaGG
11-30-2012, 07:19 PM
And who cares if Melo is a superstar or not. Just be happy with him being one of the best scorer or the best scorer in the game hands down & rebounder. Everything else Durant/James destroy him in!

bagwell368
11-30-2012, 07:20 PM

Shooting (efficiently that is) is far more important for a point guard then rebounding for instance. Rondo goes after offensive glass more then he should, resulting in breaks for the other team at times. There are a handful of guards with similar rebounding numbers. Not a key factor for a PG.

Rondo goes to the rim a lot less than he did 3-4 years ago. He got belted so many times (because he can't shoot FT's) that he doesn't do it much (too bad it's one of his best abilities), also he's been stat whoring and passing up bunnies to add to his assist totals.

He goes for steals too much (but so do a lot of PG's), but his D hasn't been that good this year, not like prior years.

He's not a superstar, and not including this year which is still too early to call, Rondo has NEVER been the leader of the Celts.

sammyvine
11-30-2012, 07:20 PM
How can Rondo be a superstar? He can't shoot for ****. He can fight thou :laugh:

Your basketball knowledge is limited

You don't have to be able to shoot as PG to be great.

Jason Kidd wasn't an elite shooter but he was a superstar. It obviously helps and is an advantage (see Nash) but if you can create for others like Rondo or Kidd could/can, then your points are not as needed.

bagwell368
11-30-2012, 07:21 PM
Rondo is the better player. Paul is good, but he's not as effective as Rondo.

Pure fiction.

mightybosstone
11-30-2012, 07:22 PM
The OP has the right idea, but names the wrong reasons why he isn't a superstar. He is definitely immature, overly emotional and makes poor decisions at times. But even if he was a model NBA player who showed maturity 100 percent of the team, he wouldn't be worthy of being called a "superstar." He has one of the worst jump shots of any guard in the NBA and might be the worst free throw shooting PG I've ever seen in my life. These two areas are unforgivable and will always prevent him from being in the same breath as "superstar."

sammyvine
11-30-2012, 07:23 PM
Shooting (efficiently that is) is far more important for a point guard then rebounding for instance. Rondo goes after offensive glass more then he should, resulting in breaks for the other team at times. There are a handful of guards with similar rebounding numbers. Not a key factor for a PG.

Rondo goes to the rim a lot less than he did 3-4 years ago. He got belted so many times (because he can't shoot FT's) that he doesn't do it much (too bad it's one of his best abilities), also he's been stat whoring and passing up bunnies to add to his assist totals.

He goes for steals too much (but so do a lot of PG's), but his D hasn't been that good this year, not like prior years.

He's not a superstar, and not including this year which is still too early to call, Rondo has NEVER been the leader of the Celts.

Jason Kidd wasnt a great shooter but he was a very good player. If Rondo isnt that good he would have that many assists or be an all star.

Depends on what you define superstar. I personally think the superstars of the game today are only Lebron, Kobe and Durant. Rose could enter that list when healthy.

I think Rondo, Paul, Melo and the rest all come after imo.

Rondo plays good in the play offs and has superstar like performances so he scratches the surface but needs to do more in the regular season.

bagwell368
11-30-2012, 07:23 PM

hahahhahahhaa... Over/under age - 13.5

sammyvine
11-30-2012, 07:24 PM
The OP has the right idea, but names the wrong reasons why he isn't a superstar. He is definitely immature, overly emotional and makes poor decisions at times. But even if he was a model NBA player who showed maturity 100 percent of the team, he wouldn't be worthy of being called a "superstar." He has one of the worst jump shots of any guard in the NBA and might be the worst free throw shooting PG I've ever seen in my life. These two areas are unforgivable and will always prevent him from being in the same breath as "superstar."

Jason Kidd.

sammyvine
11-30-2012, 07:25 PM
hahahhahahhaa... Over/under age - 13.5

He clearly is.

NBA players like Durant and co have all said it. I would trust their judgement on rival players,

Is he the best...NO

But he one of the best, definitely.

Just cos you hate a player doesn't mean they are not good.

mightybosstone
11-30-2012, 07:31 PM
Jason Kidd wasnt a great shooter but he was a very good player. If Rondo isnt that good he would have that many assists or be an all star.
This is both accurate and off the mark at the same time. Kidd didn't become a great 3-point shooter until his mid 30s, but he has at least been halfway decent or slightly below average. A career .350 3-point shooter is hardly inept. However, Rondo couldn't make a wide open 3-pointer if someone had a gun pointed to his mother's head.

Also, Kidd has been an above average free-throw shooter since very early in his career while Rondo's career average is only .620. For a guy with his ability to get to the rim, that's completely inexcusable.

Depends on what you define superstar. I personally think the superstars of the game today are only Lebron, Kobe and Durant. Rose could enter that list when healthy.
I have no idea how you can include Kobe on this list but not Chris Paul. That's insane. There are other guys worthy of that tile, but any "superstar" discussion of today's NBA begins with Lebron, Durant and Paul.

I think Rondo, Paul, Melo and the rest all come after imo.
Paul is so much better than Rondo and Melo that they do not belong in the same breath as each other. Paul has been a top five player in the league for probably six year now, while Melo has barely sniffed the top 10 and Rondo doesn't even belong in the top 15 argument.

Rondo plays good in the play offs and has superstar like performances so he scratches the surface but needs to do more in the regular season.
Also, for every great postseason game he has that everyone remembers, there are three "meh" performances that no one seems to bring up. He gets up for big games just enough that everyone views him as clutch, but he's really not. And his lack of offensive production in the regular season makes me question his motivation and love for the game.

bagwell368
11-30-2012, 07:32 PM

Rondo has played very good D so far in his career (although a bit off this year)

Rondos skills on offense are passing, driving (which he does seldom), and offensive rebound (at the expense sometimes of his teams D). Driving and rebounding take up little of his time, so all he does is pass. When he had 3 HOF'ers in or near their prime having offensive stiffs like Perkins and Rondo on the floor was acceptable. As the Celts last two stars age and leave the stage much more scoring will be called on from Rondo, and he doesn't appear to have any real shot at doing it with decent percentages. You do realize on an awful rebounding team like the Celts every missed FG and FT is very likely to be a turnover effectively.

If scoring had the same importance as an assist or rebound why do the big scorers make all the big money?

Or Rondo dogs it in the regular season. Yes, correct, do more in the regular season, game in and game out.

bagwell368
11-30-2012, 07:34 PM
He clearly is.

NBA players like Durant and co have all said it. I would trust their judgement on rival players,

Is he the best...NO

But he one of the best, definitely.

Just cos you hate a player doesn't mean they are not good.

I don't trust players in any sport they are notorious for avoiding critiquing other players for fear of causing problems. I wouldn't listen to home town announcers either.

I don't hate Rondo, I dislike intensely the opinions that allow him to get away with murder and claim he is what he is not.

mightybosstone
11-30-2012, 07:35 PM
Jason Kidd.

I just got done debunking this little comparison. Here are their career numbers:

Kidd: .350 from 3s, .785 from free throws
Rondo: .277 from 3s, .647 from free throws

It's no contest. One guy is average to slightly above average in both categories while the other is well below average, especially for his position. And while Kidd's numbers are inflated slightly because he became a much better shooter later in his career, he has averaged at least .330 from beyond the arc 14 out of his 19 seasons. Rondo hasn't even come close to sniffing .330.

This is not debatable.

bagwell368
11-30-2012, 07:36 PM
Paul is so much better than Rondo and Melo that they do not belong in the same breath as each other. Paul has been a top five player in the league for probably six year now, while Melo has barely sniffed the top 10 and Rondo doesn't even belong in the top 15 argument.

Nice. He doesn't even belong in the top 35 argument.

Blitzbolt
11-30-2012, 07:41 PM
I think Rondo is the second best true PG in the NBA so by default he is a superstar.

krisxsong
11-30-2012, 07:49 PM
I think Rondo is the second best true PG in the NBA so by default he is a superstar.

.....what?

Hawkeye15
11-30-2012, 08:11 PM
And who cares if Melo is a superstar or not. Just be happy with him being one of the best scorer or the best scorer in the game hands down & rebounder. Everything else Durant/James destroy him in!

I mean, I don't go out and defend Love as being a superstar, or in those players class. Its not an insult to say a great player isn't LeBron, Dwight, or Durant for example..

Hawkeye15
11-30-2012, 08:14 PM
Jason Kidd.

Kidd was always a better shooter, especially from 3, and the line. He wasn't a good scorer, but he wasn't a complete liability 5 feet or more from the rim like Rondo.

Baller1
11-30-2012, 08:21 PM
Nice. He doesn't even belong in the top 35 argument.

That's just not true. He's not a top 15 player, maybe not even top 25. But 35 is throwing him short.

Ebbs
11-30-2012, 08:44 PM
Well for oh so many reasons I agree with Rondo not being a superstar regardless of the Op's reasoning.

bagwell368
11-30-2012, 09:33 PM
That's just not true. He's not a top 15 player, maybe not even top 25. But 35 is throwing him short.

Check earlier in the thread, I named him at #42 earlier today and nobody was able to say that I was wrong. I listed names too.

AddiX
11-30-2012, 09:43 PM
I have legit hate for all Boston teams, specifically the celtics.

But rondo is def a star and a heck of a point guard.

krisxsong
11-30-2012, 11:02 PM

Jason Kidd wasn't an elite shooter but he was a superstar. It obviously helps and is an advantage (see Nash) but if you can create for others like Rondo or Kidd could/can, then your points are not as needed.

Jason Kidd was about the team, Rondo is about stacking up his assist totals.

There was a time when Jason Kidd needed another rebound for a triple double with 5 min to go, but the coach didn't notice and Kidd sat down during the blow out. Rondo plays during garbage time for his own personal agenda.

Also, Kidd might not have been a good shooter but he was nowhere near as horrific as Rondo.

GiantsSwaGG
11-30-2012, 11:48 PM
I mean, I don't go out and defend Love as being a superstar, or in those players class. Its not an insult to say a great player isn't LeBron, Dwight, or Durant for example..

He's not in their league. As far as scorer and rebounding Melo is better than, other than that Lebron and Durant overshadow Melo. He doesn't have be great, just win rings. It's like Eli manning, he's by elite but has rings which I care about the most!

GiantsSwaGG
11-30-2012, 11:49 PM

:facepalm: and you're a recruit :facepalm:

ManRam
12-01-2012, 12:04 AM
Yeah...the funniest thing ever is when people compared players to LeBron to prove that sad player isn't great.

Dude, you're comparing him to an (when all is said and done) at worst top 5 of all time.

JasonJohnHorn
12-01-2012, 12:14 AM
Getting in fights does not exclude you from the superstar class. Running your teammates out of town and starting fights because your team isn't playing well kind of does.

I don't remember Rondo running anybody out of town. Allen left because he wanted to.

Now Kobe on the other hand, he did run a player out of town.