PDA

View Full Version : How has Stern not been sued??

mdm692
11-29-2012, 11:33 PM
I know this isn't politics but he is running the NBA as if it were a dictatorship. He is willing to let teams play back-to-back-to-backs just so he can get the most revenue possible(i.e. last season). Then this season when Pop takes a more conservative(different) approach and he turns around and does this ****. How is he still in power? He did help expand the league and help make it the money making business it is but at what cost? Is it really worth it? Let's not forget about the CP3 debacle which could be considered tampering just so he could make another super team. And the draft? Don't even get started with it. LBJ leaves in comes the #1 overall pick. CP3 gets traded by stern and in comes the #1 overall pick Anthony Davis.

Raps18-19 Champ
11-29-2012, 11:36 PM
Sue him for what?

LAKobeBryant
11-30-2012, 12:15 AM
He runs it, there no competitors. Therefore he gets to do whatever he wants.

Cracka2HI!
11-30-2012, 12:24 AM
I don't know who could possibly him sue him. The CP3 trade was not a debacle, the league owned the team and owners didn't want to pay the older players the GM for the Hornets traded form. Any owner can veto a trade his team makes. That's what happened.

mvb815
11-30-2012, 12:28 AM
i don't think players who are getting paid millions care that much about back to back to backs

Raps18-19 Champ
11-30-2012, 12:29 AM
i don't think players who are getting paid millions care that much about back to back to backs

They agreed to have back to back to back games.

Cracka2HI!
11-30-2012, 12:36 AM
Oh I didn't realize what happened in the Spurs game? Why wasn't this just posted there? The OP would be an average post for that thread. Nothing special here, why make the same exact thread that we already have?

PurpleJesus
11-30-2012, 12:45 AM
What happened with the Spurs game? I know Pop decided to sit 4 players, but what does that have to do with Stern?

PurpleJesus
11-30-2012, 12:47 AM
Nevermind, just saw Stern talked about sanctioning the Spurs for sitting those guys...how can he do that? Why cant Pop do with his team what he thinks is best? this was their 4th game in 5 nights.

yanksrock
11-30-2012, 01:37 AM
The commissioner acts on behalf of his bosses, the owners.

amos1er
11-30-2012, 02:02 AM
**** Stern. He gave Miami 4 days off before their home game and San Antonio had 4 games in 5 nights up until this game. Pops had every right to rest his older players because he is trying to win a championship and thats his job and right to do so.

Stern gave Mimi an unfair advantage and Pops didn't want to risk injury and wear and tear to his players in a situation that favored Miami. I'm totally on Pops side here...Stern is just trying to make his boy Lebron look good against a team that can threaten them and therefore Sterns biggest cash cow Lebron.

**** you Stern!!! A coach has every right to do whatever it takes to win. Don't be bitter just because he called you out on your bs. He has a job to do you ****!!!

whitemamba33
11-30-2012, 02:11 AM
He's going to go down as one of the best commissioners in all of sports.

1. He doesn't make the schedule.

2. It's not that easy to make the schedule. Do you really think they WANTED to make Spurs play this many road games? When you have deadlines, travel costs, other places using the arena - your choices get limited.

3. Stern can't allow this to become a trend. That's the issue. If it grows, it destroys the league. It's as simple as that. If he's not trying to deliver ratings for national televised games and maintain the quality of the product than he isn't doing his job.

4. Sued? There's nothing to sue for.

Tysons_Beard
11-30-2012, 02:16 AM
its all about the money........

whitemamba33
11-30-2012, 02:19 AM
its all about the money........

...Well it's not a charity.

Meatmypet
11-30-2012, 02:20 AM
It's a big business.

ElChinoLatino
11-30-2012, 02:33 AM
So what Stern is telling Pop is to play them until they get injured? I mean I hope then Stern will stop sanctioning coaches/teams because this is becoming more like a dictatorship than anything else.

LOOTERX9
11-30-2012, 02:59 AM
So what Stern is telling Pop is to play them until they get injured? I mean I hope then Stern will stop sanctioning coaches/teams because this is becoming more like a dictatorship than anything else.

no stern is telling POP to use his common sense and don't do this crap again. This was arrogant of Pop to choose a nationally tv game against the champs in miami to do such a thing. Thus never happens this early in the season. and even if it has there needs to be a end to the practice of doing this before more marquee games are promoted and then ruined

barreleffact
11-30-2012, 03:29 AM
no stern is telling POP to use his common sense and don't do this crap again. This was arrogant of Pop to choose a nationally tv game against the champs in miami to do such a thing. Thus never happens this early in the season. and even if it has there needs to be a end to the practice of doing this before more marquee games are promoted and then ruined

In what way was it arrogant? Pop just knows every regular season game is evenly weighted. Win the easier games, and in a 4 in 5 night schedule, rest the last one as a reward to prevent injury. I applaud him honestly. It was ballsy, it showed class and intelligence. I understand Stern being angry due to revenue and ratings, but they televise teams late in the season that are clearly tanking or the opposite where playoff teams rest their starters. Its the same concept.

EDIT: Plus Miami just had 4 days of rest compared to the Spurs 4 days of games. I know scheduling is very difficult, but that really is no excuse. The people that make the schedule get paid to make the difficult decisions and to have "common sense." I appreciate Pop even more because he thought about this at the beginning of the season when the schedule first came out. It was not just some last minute decision which means Pop actually has COMMON SENSE and forethought to do his job better than any current coach.

JayW_1023
11-30-2012, 03:31 AM

Arguing with you is like arguing with a brick wall. Disagree all you want, just show some perspective at least.

LOOTERX9
11-30-2012, 03:52 AM
Arguing with you is like arguing with a brick wall. Disagree all you want, just show some perspective at least.

you are totally nuts if you don't see the reason should be angry. the man has to answer to sponsors and networks dude. he needs to put a stop to this.

John Walls Era
11-30-2012, 04:00 AM
He doesn't make the schedule. Spurs can continue to bench their best players, he'll probably just fine the organization, theres not much else he can do. Right or Wrong, he wants the best product on the floor to give to the fans that paid money for those games.

magic0320
11-30-2012, 04:08 AM
so if Tim is tired at the end of the season and they loss during first round like 2 year a go. can spurs fine nba????? O.o

abe_froman
11-30-2012, 04:28 AM
I know this isn't politics but he is running the NBA as if it were a dictatorship.
yes, and? thats how the commissioner things works thats how it has always worked for every league,why there is one.how are you just realizing this.the owners vote on someone to give sweeping powers to for the benefit of the entire group

He is willing to let teams play back-to-back-to-backs just so he can get the most revenue possible(i.e. last season).
yes, and? thats his job and the players agreed to that format....so why complain?

NYYCowboys
11-30-2012, 04:44 AM
Oh stop complaining. The NBA was absolute garbage in the early to mid 2000s and with his leadership they have really rebounded, and have enhanced their brand domestically and globally. Enough with the conspiracy theories, and BS.

Sly Guy
11-30-2012, 11:10 AM
I don't know who could possibly him sue him. The CP3 trade was not a debacle, the league owned the team and owners didn't want to pay the older players the GM for the Hornets traded form. Any owner can veto a trade his team makes. That's what happened.

it was, there's a huge conflict of interest if the league decides to trade a league owned franchise's best talent.....it affects the sale price of the team.