PDA

View Full Version : Nash is the Lakers MVP, no question.

C-Style
11-29-2012, 10:57 PM
Lakers are not winning anything without Nash, Mike d'Antoni is putting all his eggs in one basket a 39 year old basket, This should be called the Nash Offense because we are NOT winingn with Gasol, Kobe & Dwight...we don't have a shot unless Nash is healthy. Question is are you guys ok with this?

ldawg
11-29-2012, 11:00 PM
Mike Dantoni is Nash. When Nash is done playing so is Mike. He has proven Nash made him. He has no success coaching without Nash. That is the sign of a bad coach.

KillaInstinct24
11-29-2012, 11:04 PM
Mike Dantoni is Nash. When Nash is done playing so is Mike. He has proven Nash made him. He has no success coaching without Nash. That is the sign of a bad coach.

i dont think he's a bad coach, just not that great and not our long term answer. in the playoffs its the coach's job to make adjustments. do you remember when phx came back down 3-1 to us? sure mike had good players on that phx team, but since when did good players make coaches? is phil only good because he had mj, pippen, kobe and shaq/gasol?

ldawg
11-29-2012, 11:09 PM
i dont think he's a bad coach, just not that great and not our long term answer. in the playoffs its the coach's job to make adjustments. do you remember when phx came back down 3-1 to us? sure mike had good players on that phx team, but since when did good players make coaches? is phil only good because he had mj, pippen, kobe and shaq/gasol?Well how bad is Mike and Mike for not having any luck with Pau,Artest,Howard,Nash,Kobe ? Maybe Phil was under estimated.

ldawg
11-29-2012, 11:13 PM
Take a look at Spurs given Heat a run for the money and may even win the game. I have no clue who these guys are. They are not running down the court in 7sec or less.

Makakiluminati
11-29-2012, 11:20 PM
Heat started 9 - 8 their first year. We are 7 - 8, not much difference, other then we had a coaching change and our PG has been injured the whole season basically. We've seen flashes of a dominant offense, dominant defense, and even relative dominance from the bench when Jamison dropped 15 - 15. We just haven't seen it meshed into one game, which is fine, takes time to bake a cake. But I do think D'antoni might not stay a Laker for long if we don't mesh fast, Phil Jackson is always a begging call away imo.

MetroMan
11-29-2012, 11:20 PM
Couldn't agree more

ldawg
11-29-2012, 11:22 PM
If Lakers hopes lies on a 39 year old its going to be a long year.

Big Moves03
11-29-2012, 11:24 PM
Lakers are not winning anything without Nash, Mike d'Antoni is putting all his eggs in one basket a 39 year old basket, This should be called the Nash Offense because we are NOT winingn with Gasol, Kobe & Dwight...we don't have a shot unless Nash is healthy. Question is are you guys ok with this?

That's true of any contender, if you remove one of their best players they have no chance of winning.

ldawg
11-29-2012, 11:26 PM
Heat started 9 - 8 their first year. We are 7 - 8, not much difference, other then we had a coaching change and our PG has been injured the whole season basically. We've seen flashes of a dominant offense, dominant defense, and even relative dominance from the bench when Jamison dropped 15 - 15. We just haven't seen it meshed into one game, which is fine, takes time to bake a cake. But I do think D'antoni might not stay a Laker for long if we don't mesh fast, Phil Jackson is always a begging call away imo.Well they did not win in the first year right? This time dont have that kind of time. next season Nash will be 40. Kobe and Nash will be the oldest back court in the game top with slow Artest and Pau. So it is safe to say Lakers aint winning this year. But Next Season wont be any better if Nash is the key. The only bright spot in this team is they have room to be Better when healthy.

Big Moves03
11-29-2012, 11:26 PM
Heat started 9 - 8 their first year. We are 7 - 8, not much difference, other then we had a coaching change and our PG has been injured the whole season basically. We've seen flashes of a dominant offense, dominant defense, and even relative dominance from the bench when Jamison dropped 15 - 15. We just haven't seen it meshed into one game, which is fine, takes time to bake a cake. But I do think D'antoni might not stay a Laker for long if we don't mesh fast, Phil Jackson is always a begging call away imo.

Plus nash and blake are out and howard is still playing at like 80% and we've lost some games we gave away in the closing seconds. It's not nearly as bad as some people are making it out to be, it's not really that bad at all given the season is very young.

ldawg
11-29-2012, 11:38 PM
Plus nash and blake are out and howard is still playing at like 80% and we've lost some games we gave away in the closing seconds. It's not nearly as bad as some people are making it out to be, it's not really that bad at all given the season is very young.Its bad. Its safe to say this team is not one of the elite teams just pacing themselves. This is a team trying to find themselves. They are in the middle of the pack. Are they a team you dont want to play in the first round? Hell yeah they can beat any team at any given night. But they are not the team that you need to make a move to compete against. Will Nash really be the best point guard against westbrook, Parker? Lakers advantage is on the inside not trying to out run younger quicker teams. Let me see Nash beat Westbrook down court and dunk on him.

championships
11-29-2012, 11:46 PM
Its bad. Its safe to say this team is not one of the elite teams just pacing themselves. This is a team trying to find themselves. They are in the middle of the pack. Are they a team you dont want to play in the first round? Hell yeah they can beat any team at any given night. But they are not the team that you need to make a move to compete against. Its the other way around.

They will be a lot better come playoff time. This is not the team you will see Later in the season.

Wouldn't be so quick to write them off. It's a long season.

ldawg
11-29-2012, 11:55 PM
They will be a lot better come playoff time. This is not the team you will see Later in the season.

Wouldn't be so quick to write them off. It's a long season.I wont write them off i said they can beat any team but they are not the favored team. You dont get that feeling like they are going to win. At this point I do think Clippers are more dangerous than us at the moment. Lakers have room to improve but i dont like the way they approach games.

Avenged
11-29-2012, 11:59 PM
llullz Lakers have never won when Nash plays. NEVER. Yep, makes sense.

GREATNESS ONE
11-30-2012, 12:00 AM
Very long season and still a way to find the ultimate goal. This team is obviously talented enough and let's not kid ourselves our ENTIRE Organization put all it's eggs in ONE basket, in Nash's basket or maybe we would have hired PJ. D'Antoni runs a good system but we need system players, who can run up and down. We need a true PG in this offense, that has made players like LinSanity into overnight superstars.

We need to find EASIER touches for our BEST player Dwight Howard. It's beyond ridiculous that there are over 4 min stretches(Free Throw excuse is (**** ****). What new to happen is we NEED to use his best asset ROLLING to the basket and smashing in a lob faster and stronger then the other team can react. Touches around the rim.

We need to address the PG situation. Fast. We need a smart OFFENSE leading ball-handling, playmakers that get other people easier touches. Our three players (Bryant, Howard,Gasol) need easier touches in obvious, obvious spots, anyone who has watched the games can see the difference the last couple of losses is due highly to the ball not moving efficiently.

We haven't seen the best 2012 Lakers team yet, you better believe it.
This team will awaken or "gel" sorta speak but it need the Ball Commander. The master of this offense, it defintely needs, Steve Nash.

LakersMaster24
11-30-2012, 12:11 AM
Sure Nash is an essential part given the system we run, however I don't think he is "the MVP". Its Dwight. If Dwight plays like a dominant big man, that he is, the Lakers are almost impossible to beat.

That is why Kobe & Co. need to keep feeding the big man IN THE POST.

ldawg
11-30-2012, 12:12 AM
If Lakers want to win Howard has to be the main guy. Sorry Kobe sorry Nash.

ldawg
11-30-2012, 12:14 AM
Howard is in need of more touches. Howard need to have the other teams front court in foul trouble not the other way around.

iALLOUT4eva
11-30-2012, 12:16 AM
I agree with the OP because dang near everything runs through the PG; especially in Dantoni's system!

duane v
11-30-2012, 12:22 AM
Screw Nash............ I wish him and D'Antoni would go into immediate retirement..... That $28 mil could have gotten us some good/young serviceable players

lakers4sho
11-30-2012, 12:23 AM
Lakers without Nash
Lakers without Kobe
Lakers without Dwight
Lakers without Pau

which of these teams have the worst shot of winning a ring, all else equal?

duane v
11-30-2012, 12:26 AM
Lakers without Nash
Lakers without Kobe
Lakers without Dwight
Lakers without Pau

which of these teams have the best shot of winning a ring, all else equal?

You forgot.....

Lakers without D'Antoni option

shep33
11-30-2012, 12:30 AM
We're still missing a consistent bench. I think we really need to get a solid backup pg and SF.

ldawg
11-30-2012, 12:42 AM
Lakers without Nash
Lakers without Kobe
Lakers without Dwight
Lakers without Pau

which of these teams have the best shot of winning a ring, all else equal?That a hard question right there. Each play a very important roll and lack a back up that fits right in. I would have to go with Pau. Jamison can start in his spot.

lakers4sho
11-30-2012, 12:49 AM
I didn't phrase the question right. Which team has the worst chance of winning the ring, all else equal?

Zefflin
11-30-2012, 12:54 AM
panic thread

ldawg
11-30-2012, 12:56 AM
I really do think Lakers struggle as a team with the lack of skill ball handlers. As good is Artest playing I think he is a bad fit. Either him or Pau need to be quicker. Artest seem like a post player rather than a slasher. He really dont break down the defense. Kobe may draw a double team but he hardly blow by his defender also. Its safe to say Kobe need a Pippen and Nash need a player to fill the lane and run in the open court in the 7sec offense. I wonder if Bulls have any interest in Dang Boozer for Pau Blake trade? Boozer shot is more money and play the pick and role well may fit better with Howard. Dang runs the floor well, shoots the three ball and can run the floor.

C-Style
11-30-2012, 02:05 AM
just sucks putting all our hopes for the next three years on a player who's gonna be 41yrs old very soon

Lakersfan2483
11-30-2012, 04:59 AM
What I find disturbing is that D'antoni believes all of the Lakers' issues will somehow be resolved when Nash comes back as if he is some sort of savior. Nash is vital to the team's success, however his return will not resolve all of the team's issues and it is going to take time for Nash to develop chemistry with all of the players as he hasn't had very much time to work with everyone.

Lakersfan2483
11-30-2012, 05:03 AM
I didn't phrase the question right. Which team has the worst chance of winning the ring, all else equal?

Tough question. It is either the team w/o Kobe or Howard. I am still deciding on this one and will get back to you.

MickeyMgl
11-30-2012, 05:07 AM

Best to worst

Lakers without Pau (they do have depth at PF)
Lakers without Howard (Gasol to C, depth at PF)
Lakers without Nash (weak backups, critical position)
Lakers without Kobe (essentially no backup)

GREATNESS ONE
11-30-2012, 05:21 AM

If we want to win this championship the answer to the question has to be Dwight Howard.

PurpleLynch
11-30-2012, 05:46 AM
Oh come D'Antoni has to' establish a new system(an easy one) and he didn't have the time to teach it(three weeks). If Lakers Are gonna do a blowout win like in Dallas,I hope u won't write positive things and keep the pessimistic ********...I'm tired of drama-queens in this forum

8kobe24
11-30-2012, 12:16 PM
Nash's health and return is vital to this team's success. I don't know if he is our MVP though.

Pluvious
11-30-2012, 12:27 PM
Screw Nash............ I wish him and D'Antoni would go into immediate retirement..... That $28 mil could have gotten us some good/young serviceable players

Translation: I hate Nash and D'Antonni much more than I care about the Lakers winning. That's fine for you but some people want to see this team win.

The Lakers need all 3 of Nash, Kobe, and Dwight to be great. To look "good" on offense and make it easier for other players they need Nash the most.

To be a top defense they need Dwight the most. Notice the team is improving on D.

To be able to close teams out in games and have that "edge", as well as have an explosive scorer to rely on they need Kobe.

They are all important and one piece is missing. They would look better without Nash except it is a new team with a new coach so they chemistry is not there. If Nash had went out in the middle of the season when players were used to playing with one another Kobe/Dwight would be holding up the ship much better. It just looks worse then it is right now. Really, since the 1-4 start with Brown (which you can throw away) the record has not been terrible (6-4).

Big Moves03
11-30-2012, 01:53 PM
Its bad. Its safe to say this team is not one of the elite teams just pacing themselves. This is a team trying to find themselves. They are in the middle of the pack. Are they a team you dont want to play in the first round? Hell yeah they can beat any team at any given night. But they are not the team that you need to make a move to compete against. Will Nash really be the best point guard against westbrook, Parker? Lakers advantage is on the inside not trying to out run younger quicker teams. Let me see Nash beat Westbrook down court and dunk on him.

Nash won't be a better pg than parker or westbrook, but he is arguably still a top 5 pg and def in the top 10 and still an all star caliber player. Getting a player like that back is going to have a huge impact, plus he is still the best shooting pg. I say it's not that bad, because if you remove a player of the caliber of nash from any of the top teams, they would be a middle of the pact team just like the lakers currently are. Blake returning will also help and again, howard is nowhere close to being 100% and meeks and jamison are still trying to find their way. If we're still playing like this in about 30 games or so, than I would agree that it's bad, but it's a completely new team and it takes time.

Pluvious
11-30-2012, 02:24 PM
Nash won't be a better pg than parker or westbrook, but he is arguably still a top 5 pg and def in the top 10 and still an all star caliber player. Getting a player like that back is going to have a huge impact, plus he is still the best shooting pg. I say it's not that bad, because if you remove a player of the caliber of nash from any of the top teams, they would be a middle of the pact team just like the lakers currently are. Blake returning will also help and again, howard is nowhere close to being 100% and meeks and jamison are still trying to find their way. If we're still playing like this in about 30 games or so, than I would agree that it's bad, but it's a completely new team and it takes time.

The comparisons of Nash to other pgs I always find amusing. Nash would probably lose a 1 on 1 game to almost any pg in the league at this stage of his career. He was never a good one on one type player and his age has limited him in that regard too.

What Nash does is improve the other players and take what the defense gives off of pick and rolls. He is by far the best in the league at 1) running the pick and roll, 2) making decisions based on what the defense does to defend any play, 3) only giving up the ball to a teamate in a position for the teamate to succeed.

Basically, its all "team" related stuff Nash does. Even his shooting is an efficient weapon for when teams make the decision to not guard him.

So how do you compare Nash's team game to other pgs? Well, you compare their team game OR their 1 on 1 game. Nash fails 1 on 1 so if you need him for that then he is a liability. If you need a guy to run an offense then you can't do any better. At least in years past. We'll see this year.

USMCLaker
11-30-2012, 04:23 PM
WWWWhhhhhhoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooo!!!!!

somebody said it!!!!!

Who I haven't read all the Kobeites fu throwdowns but I'm glad somebody said it.

USMCLaker
11-30-2012, 04:24 PM
Them are fighting words in Kobeland. Wooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!

USMCLaker
11-30-2012, 04:25 PM
is it bad to be drunk at 1225pm???? huh is it huh??? I'll still own you on MW3!

USMCLaker
11-30-2012, 04:28 PM
quick someone respond before i get suspendend

USMCLaker
11-30-2012, 04:28 PM
lol

USMCLaker
11-30-2012, 04:29 PM
everybyody sucks

whoo hooo

duane v
11-30-2012, 04:37 PM
Translation: I hate Nash and D'Antonni much more than I care about the Lakers winning. That's fine for you but some people want to see this team win.

The Lakers need all 3 of Nash, Kobe, and Dwight to be great. To look "good" on offense and make it easier for other players they need Nash the most.

To be a top defense they need Dwight the most. Notice the team is improving on D.

To be able to close teams out in games and have that "edge", as well as have an explosive scorer to rely on they need Kobe.

They are all important and one piece is missing. They would look better without Nash except it is a new team with a new coach so they chemistry is not there. If Nash had went out in the middle of the season when players were used to playing with one another Kobe/Dwight would be holding up the ship much better. It just looks worse then it is right now. Really, since the 1-4 start with Brown (which you can throw away) the record has not been terrible (6-4).

Translation: I dont know what the F I'm talking about.

Pluvious
11-30-2012, 04:54 PM
Translation: I dont know what the F I'm talking about.

Translation: I don't say constructive things based on the current team but continue to repeat the same things over and over again because I have an agenda.

ldawg
11-30-2012, 09:30 PM
Well i wonder if Miami is going to play better when Wade is Healthy?
Well i wonder if Okc is going to play better when they learn to play with Martin?
Well i wonder if Dallas is going to play better when Dirk is Healthy?
Well i wonder if Clippers is going to play better when Healthy?
Well i wonder if New york is going to be better when Amare Return?
Well i wonder if Nets is going to get better when they learn to play together?

Lakers will play better but so will other teams. Even without Nash this team should not be a .500 club If anything he should put them over the top not close to it. Will Nash make them better? Sure. But he also create another problem and time will tell. Lakers are hoping Nash solve everything but he wont. How much weight are you willing to put on a 40yr old player shoulders? Miami went to the Finals without Bosh If you want to win You have to be able to adopt with the players you got. How in the world a team of Howard,Pau,Artest and Kobe looking deep on the bench for Nash? We won rings with little help from our starting center and were ready to go without him. So we a saying if Nash goes down its all over? Wait Philly got a better record than Lakers without Bynum? It darn near fell Like Nash should be playing for vet min in a role of the Bench ala Ray Allen, Rashard Lewis, Billips, Kidd, Etc and we are hoping he save us? Lakers better figure out how to get Howard up in the 25ppg margin rather than Nash running around with no shooters.

lakersfan01
11-30-2012, 10:24 PM

I can make the argument that Steve Nash has been our LVP least valuable player because he's not even playing lol.

I don't think it matters if we're ok with that, just pray Nash gets healthy and stays that way.