PDA

View Full Version : NY teams on top after a month!

jimm120
11-29-2012, 08:47 PM
Who would have thought that?

Knicks have just been dominating, beating some superb teams.

Brooklyn had a cream puff start but since has really stepped it up when against the other good teams.

Who would have thought that both NY teams would have been at the top of the eastern conference after a whole month of play?

I'm a Giants and Jets fan, so I'm ok with this...as long as Knicks end up on top of Brooklyn. I'm a Brooklynite, so I'll hope that the Nets don't embarrass Brooklyn.

But who'd a thunk? Knicks were picked mostly to be a 3-5 seed (though there were still many haters that had them as a #7-8 seed, not noticing that Dantoni was the problem, not the team). Nets were picked to be a 6-8th seed and they're in the top 4.

Do you think both teams will end up being a top 4 seeds as they've been so far?

ATX
11-29-2012, 08:53 PM
Heat are on top record wise, but Kudos to NYC.

Minimal
11-29-2012, 08:54 PM
Well I'm really surprised about both teams, especially by Nets, before the season started, I thought they are not even gonna be a playoff team.

TheJesus
11-29-2012, 08:55 PM
I rather be Brooklyn right now. One team is injury prone, the other is a lot deeper, and has a ton of potential.

The Knicks found out the hard way that you can die by the three and die quickly.

krisxsong
11-29-2012, 08:56 PM
Well I'm really surprised about both teams, especially by Nets, before the season started, I thought they are not even gonna be a playoff team.

Well then you sir are not very bright because almost anybody with a brain predicted worse case scenario is the 8th seed for the Nets.

I bet your reasoning is "But they only added Joe Johnson"

GiantsSwaGG
11-29-2012, 08:56 PM
I rather be Brooklyn right now. One team is injury prone, the other is a lot deeper, and has a ton of potential.

The Knicks found out the hard way that you can die by the three and die quickly.

:facepalm:

Brooklyn has Blache and Jerry Stackhouse coming off the bench :facepalm:

jmoney85
11-29-2012, 08:57 PM
nets are 10-4 and their guards have shot the ball like crap

jmoney85
11-29-2012, 08:57 PM

DoMeFavors
11-29-2012, 08:58 PM
Please dont downplay the Nets like that, The nets are on top after a month not the Knicks...Nets are 1st in Atlantic, Knicks arent.

KnickaBocka.44
11-29-2012, 08:59 PM
Please dont downplay the Nets like that, The nets are on top after a month not the Knicks...Nets are 1st in Atlantic, Knicks arent.

comments like this are what makes DMF an elite troll

jimm120
11-29-2012, 09:01 PM
Heat are on top record wise, but Kudos to NYC.

yeah, I know...I meant that they're so near the top though.

Knicks were expected to be a #3-5 seed...but nowhere near a top team.

And Brooklyn...wow. Even I'm surprised. Expected #6-8 seed with a slight possibility of even missing out on the playoffs and here they are, winning...a lot!

DoMeFavors

Nets are at top but this guy has to put Nets and Knicks together like they are the same, when infact Nets beat them and are leading the division. How is that faire? Give the Nets the fair respect they deserve.

GiantsSwaGG
nets are 10-4 and their guards have shot the ball like crap

:facepalm: cause they are

TheJesus
11-29-2012, 09:02 PM

Blatche is 26. And would be starting for the Knicks. And Stackhouse is shooting better from 3 than Novak.

Let's talk about the injury prone Knicks can we?

TheJesus
11-29-2012, 09:02 PM
yeah, I know...I meant that they're so near the top though.

Knicks were expected to be a #3-5 seed...but nowhere near a top team.

And Brooklyn...wow. Even I'm surprised. Expected #6-8 seed with a slight possibility of even missing out on the playoffs and here they are, winning...a lot!

Too early in the season to be surprised.

jmoney85
11-29-2012, 09:03 PM
I'm really loving this jesus guy

GiantsSwaGG
11-29-2012, 09:05 PM
Blatche is 26. And would be starting for the Knicks. And Stackhouse is shooting better from 3 than Novak.

Stat and Kidd are the only one injured...wasn't Wallace injured earlier in the season...didn't Lopez break his foot last season...talk about injury prone team.

Stackhouse is older than dirt. Wallace is even playing better, Kidd has been great and Pigz is a solid 3rd pg. I'd take Novak young legs (who's a better shooter) over Stackhouse who will likely fall apart in a week or two

Minimal
11-29-2012, 09:05 PM
Well then you sir are not very bright because almost anybody with a brain predicted worse case scenario is the 8th seed for the Nets.

I bet your reasoning is "But they only added Joe Johnson"
Well yeah, the team can't become from one of the worst teams in the NBA to a playoff contender that fast by adding a couple of above average level players. The improvement of Brook Lopez and team chemistry is what lifting the Nets right now.
Also there is another reasoning that Nets are 2nd in east right now. A lot of great teams from previous season fell. - Celtics, Chicago, Pacers, Sixers.

KnickaBocka.44
11-29-2012, 09:06 PM
Nets are at top but this guy has to put Nets and Knicks together like they are the same, when infact Nets beat them and are leading the division. How is that faire? Give the Nets the fair respect they deserve.

They have the same record. Hold onto that one game as long as you'd like.

KnickaBocka.44
11-29-2012, 09:08 PM
Stat and Kidd are the only one injured...wasn't Wallace injured earlier in the season...didn't Lopez break his foot last season...talk about injury prone team.

Stackhouse is older than dirt. Wallace is even playing better, Kidd has been great and Pigz is a solid 3rd pg. I'd take Novak young legs (who's a better shooter) over Stackhouse who will likely fall apart in a week or two

Lopez is actually set to miss the next 2 games with a sprain in that same foot he broke also

netsgiantsyanks

they only have 2 guys coming off the bench? news to me.

Yankeefan213

You talk like the Nets won the game by 30 points. The game went into overtime and our point guard shot 3 of 18. I know it isn't the best excuse but if J Kidd plays in that game we win

GiantsSwaGG
11-29-2012, 09:09 PM
Lopez is actually set to miss the next 2 games with a sprain in that same foot he broke also

Talk about injury prone

torocan
11-29-2012, 09:09 PM
Only have to keep this up for 68 more games.

Oh wait, maybe it is a bit early for this thread....

:p

DoMeFavors
11-29-2012, 09:10 PM

Stackhouse might be old but people actually know who Jerry Stackhouse is, nobody knows who Steve Novak is. Except for his hometown where he is probably treated like a King since nobody famous ever comes out of farm towns.

Punk
11-29-2012, 09:11 PM
What's more impressive is both teams are dominate at home. Knicks are 5-0 at home, Nets are 7-1. Nearly identical in defensive stats.

And both haven't even gotten in stride yet with their entire roster.

KnickaBocka.44
11-29-2012, 09:11 PM
Knick fans be warned, DMF is on his game tonight

GiantsSwaGG
11-29-2012, 09:12 PM
Stackhouse might be old but people actually know who Jerry Stackhouse is, nobody knows who Steve Novak is. Except for his hometown where he is probably treated like a King since nobody famous ever comes out of farm towns.

Of course everyone knows Stackhouse, he's been traded to every team in the league :laugh: who hasn't he played for?

jmoney85

not gonna lie.... I lol'd haha

jimm120

Sadly. This is not a thread about trolling. I'm no Nets fan. I've never even watched a game of theirs (even when they went to the finals). I was simply, "ok, good for them". Hell, I even rooted for Marbury when he went to the allstar game for them! I think I watched my first Nets game this past monday....ok, I'm lying...but pretty much just games against the Knicks.

Thing I'm saying is that this is a thread about giving props to both teams.

Knicks are an EXTREMELY deep team. Old? yeah, the bench is old. But its deep as ****! TWO starters are out and we can still fit in Sheed/Camby/Kurt for Amare (all 3 guys would be rotation guys for most teams...yet Camby and Kurt can't even play). Shumpert is out, our perimeter defensive genius, and yet we have Kidd, Brewer and JR taking good chunks of those minutes and still producing.

Knicks main core is at a perfect age of 28-30. The bench is oldish but its DEEEEEP. its meant to have interchangable parts. Center and PF positions are meant to get the rotation players (tyson, Amare ) to interchange with deep bench (Sheed, Camby, Kurt) at many points in the season.

Yankeefan213
11-29-2012, 09:13 PM

Who cares if they know who he is? People know who a lot of guys are that suck.

GiantsSwaGG
11-29-2012, 09:14 PM
Ppl know who Kwame brown is lol

DoMeFavors
11-29-2012, 09:17 PM
Of course everyone knows Stackhouse, he's been traded to every team in the league :laugh: who hasn't he played for?

2 time all star!

Novak 2 time d leaguer

GiantsSwaGG
11-29-2012, 09:18 PM
2 time all star!

Novak 2 time d leaguer

So we're going back to the early 90's :laugh:

Yankeefan213
11-29-2012, 09:19 PM
2 time all star!

Novak 2 time d leaguer

Novak leading 3-pt shooter in the league last season. Who gives a **** if he played in the d league? Oh, and DMF is a 2000 time schlong sucker.

DoMeFavors
11-29-2012, 09:20 PM
So we're going back to the early 90's :laugh:

early 2000s or when he was a big part of Dallas Mavericks finals team and near 70 win team. Knicks have old guys on their team also but non of them are like Stackhouse this year.

Yankeefan213
11-29-2012, 09:22 PM
[QUOTE=DoMeFavors;24511561]early 2000s or when he was a big part of Dallas Mavericks finals team and near 70 win team. Knicks have old guys on their team also but non of them are like Stackhouse this year.[/

Yeah definitely, Stackhouse>Kidd

P Styles
11-29-2012, 09:23 PM
Knicks haven't looked great lately.

knicks=love
11-29-2012, 09:24 PM
:laugh:

Borough
Atlantic division is shaping up to be one of the best in the NBA with the NY teams playing as well as they are

DoMeFavors
[QUOTE=DoMeFavors;24511561]early 2000s or when he was a big part of Dallas Mavericks finals team and near 70 win team. Knicks have old guys on their team also but non of them are like Stackhouse this year.[/

Yeah definitely, Stackhouse>Kidd

Not all time but def now, Stackhouse can still dunk at 38 and get to the free throw line. Jason Kidd is already getting back pains, cant get to the free throw line, and cant dunk. Jason Kidd also shot terrible % last year.

Beltrans Mole
11-29-2012, 09:26 PM
The Knicks will finish ahead of the Nets at the end of the regular season, that's really all that matters.

javsvt
11-29-2012, 09:26 PM
Nets are really good, they needed OT and a couple of flops to beat this old Knick team. Give respect where it's do,you are correct.....:clap:

MetsJets0809
11-29-2012, 09:27 PM
I think it's gonna be a fun year in NYC basketball wise. After the first month, I can see the Celtics aren't as good (yet) as the Knicks and Nets this year. The Sixers without Bynum aren't as good either. The Heat are gonna be challenged by the Knicks and Nets this season. Can't wait for the game December 19th

knicks=love
Not all time but def now, Stackhouse can still dunk at 38 and get to the free throw line. Jason Kidd is already getting back pains, cant get to the free throw line, and cant dunk. Jason Kidd also shot terrible % last year.

1. you don't have to be able to dunk to be in the NBA
2. who gives a flying **** if he can or can't dunk
3. who gives another flying **** if he shot a bad % LAST YEAR. we're not playing in 2011.

DoMeFavors
The Knicks will finish ahead of the Nets at the end of the regular season, that's really all that matters.

We will see if their old team can hold up that long....already having injuries because players that happen to start at 40 and are having problems with their health.

DoMeFavors
11-29-2012, 09:28 PM
[QUOTE=DoMeFavors;24511638]

1. you don't have to be able to dunk to be in the NBA
2. who gives a flying **** if he can or can't dunk
3. who gives another flying **** if he shot a bad % LAST YEAR. we're not playing in 2011.

Im basing it off of that because its only been like 10 games and I figure it will even out to Kidds numbers and % of last year.

KnickaBocka.44
11-29-2012, 09:29 PM
We will see if their old team can hold up that long....already having injuries because players that happen to start at 40 and are having problems with their health.

Lopez is already having injury problems too.

KnickaBocka.44
11-29-2012, 09:30 PM
[QUOTE=knicks=love;24511673]

Im basing it off of that because its only been like 10 games and I figure it will even out to Kidds numbers and % of last year.

If you are going to do that with Kidd, do it with Stack too.

knicks=love
11-29-2012, 09:31 PM

then if we're going off last year's numbers.. the nets still suck because they went 22-44. "i figure it will even out since it's only been like 10 games so far".

Yankeefan213
[QUOTE=Yankeefan213;24511591]

Well this year all his averages are better than Stackhouse's so you can't even say that. How about I give you a breakdown:

FG % Kidd: 52% Stackhouse: 50%
FT % Kidd: 100% STackhouse: 83%

Also, Kidd has gotten to the line 16 times as opposed to Stackhouse's 6. So how do you say Stackhouse can get to the free throw line?

If this isn't good enough, here are some more averages

Steals: Kidd: 2 per game, Stackhouse: .5 per game
Rebounds: Kidd: 3 per game, Stackhouse: 1 per game

Suck it.

2-ONE-5
neither are anything close to a threat to the Heat. Nets still are garbage. Knicks have been coming back down to earth a little of late.

Alayla
11-29-2012, 09:32 PM

this is one of those things that a ton of people thought during the offseason and i did nothing but LOL the whole time.
it was obvious the nets would be good

jmoney85
then if we're going off last year's numbers.. the nets still suck because they went 22-44. "i figure it will even out since it's only been like 10 games so far".

the knicks played a week longer than the nets...good job

MattyAction

Lol. Silly Knicks fans. Stack would only be the fifth oldest player if he was on the Knicks.

DoMeFavors
11-29-2012, 09:33 PM

Kidd wont suddenly improve.....and just to let you know I dont think Kidd will go out with this full contract his health isnt near where it should be...I think he retires at the end of the year. Instead of Knicks paying him to sit on the bench and a roster spot in a suit.

jmoney85
11-29-2012, 09:33 PM
neither are anything close to a threat to the Heat. Nets still are garbage. Knicks have been coming back down to earth a little of late.

if the nets are garbage than the sixers are aiming for the #1 pick

knicks=love
11-29-2012, 09:34 PM
the knicks played a week longer than the nets...good job

but according to DMF we can base things off of last year because "it's only been like 10 games".

who gives a **** if they played a week longer. they've played the exact same amount of games and have the exact same ****ing record.

GiantsSwaGG
I'm still waiting on TheJesus since he claim where injury prone when his starting center is about to miss some games with the foot he broke last season :laugh2:

nycsports2
yep just how i like it.. but knicks will be on top whens its all over

TheJesus
I just don't understand how Knicks fans are so confident. Yes, every team in the league has injury concerns - but look at your roster.

Oldest team assembled in NBA history - FACT.

Amar'e Stoudamire - injured - Only played 82 games twice in his 10 year career. Chronic knee problem, many people think he'll decline sharply soon because of that.

Jason Kidd - injured - chronic back spasms

Iman Shumpert - Injured - blew out his acl

Your knee bends two different ways - by flexing and extending. A common complication following an ACL reconstruction is the patient loses the ability to bend or extend their knee the same as a normal knee. This loss of motion can potentially cause poor walking mechanics, decreased strength in the muscles surrounding your knee and increased risk of degenerative changes in the knee

Pablo Prigioni - Old
Raymond Felton - Fat and inconsistent
JR Smith - ticking time bomb
Carmelo Anthony - Playing like a BEAST but all of his peripherals are unsustainable.
Rasheed Wallace - Old
Marcus Camby - Old
Kurt Thomas - Old

Granted, the Nets have a guy or two (Crash and Lopez) who have injury concerns too, but not an entire team full of old, washed up, injured players. The fact that the Knicks are up top is a minor miracle. I wouldn't be surprised if EITHER team fails to win this division but the Nets are clearly the likely winner because the Knicks top to bottom are just a bad team.

knicks=love
11-29-2012, 09:35 PM
Kidd wont suddenly improve.....and just to let you know I dont think Kidd will go out with this full contract his health isnt near where it should be...I think he retires at the end of the year. Instead of Knicks paying him to sit on the bench and a roster spot in a suit.

you're unbelievable.

torocan
I think it's gonna be a fun year in NYC basketball wise. After the first month, I can see the Celtics aren't as good (yet) as the Knicks and Nets this year. The Sixers without Bynum aren't as good either. The Heat are gonna be challenged by the Knicks and Nets this season. Can't wait for the game December 19th

Uh.... yah.

As much as I dislike the Celtics (the roots go DEEP), I've been around WAY too long to count out Doc and Co. this early in the season.

Remember last season?

They were looking like a bubble team going into the All Star Break... then came out of it playing like beasts, won the Atlantic, and went deep into the playoffs to boot.

Never underestimate Doc and Co. No Knicks OR Nets fan should feel safe until they're actually completely out of the playoff picture...

2-ONE-5
if the nets are garbage than the sixers are aiming for the #1 pick

how is that? 9 wins to 10 wins...

yes 6 losses to 4 by we have more games played....

KnickaBocka.44

If Kidd won't suddenly improve then neither will Stack.

TheJesus
[QUOTE=DoMeFavors;24511638]

Well this year all his averages are better than Stackhouse's so you can't even say that. How about I give you a breakdown:

FG % Kidd: 52% Stackhouse: 50%
FT % Kidd: 100% STackhouse: 83%

Also, Kidd has gotten to the line 16 times as opposed to Stackhouse's 6. So how do you say Stackhouse can get to the free throw line?

If this isn't good enough, here are some more averages

Steals: Kidd: 2 per game, Stackhouse: .5 per game
Rebounds: Kidd: 3 per game, Stackhouse: 1 per game

Suck it.

Stackhouse entered as the 13th man, assistant coach. He doesn't play significant minutes. He plays 8-10 a game. The Nets do not rely on Stackhouse. He signed a deal to get into coaching. Kidd is your backup PG.

If Stack goes down, there's Marshon Brooks. Where's your Marshon Brooks?

TheJesus
11-29-2012, 09:36 PM

Who cares. The Nets have significantly more depth with MarShon Brooks and Childress seeing DNP-Coach Decisions because the team is incredibly young and deep.

Kidd plays 20+ minutes a night. Stack has seen more DNPs than games played.

knicks=love
11-29-2012, 09:37 PM
I just don't understand how Knicks fans are so confident. Yes, every team in the league has injury concerns - but look at your roster.

Amar'e Stoudamire - injured - Only played 82 games twice in his 10 year career. Chronic knee problem, many people think he'll decline sharply soon because of that.

Pablo Prigioni - Old
Carmelo Anthony - Playing like a BEAST but all of his peripherals are unsustainable.
Rasheed Wallace - Old
Marcus Camby - Old
Kurt Thomas - Old

Granted, the Nets have a guy or two (Crash and Lopez) who have injury concerns too, but not an entire team full of old, washed up, injured players. The fact that the Knicks are up top is a minor miracle. I wouldn't be surprised if EITHER team fails to win this division but the Nets are clearly the likely winner because the Knicks top to bottom are just a bad team.

can you name some impressive wins you've had this season? cool you beat the celtics twice WITHOUT rondo. what else? did you blow miami out by 20? did you beat san antonio? kthanksbye.

KnickaBocka.44
11-29-2012, 09:37 PM

Pablo Prigioni - Old
Rasheed Wallace - Old
Marcus Camby - Old
Kurt Thomas - Old

Homer Troll. DMF worthy post

DoMeFavors
11-29-2012, 09:38 PM
The BIG difference between Nets and Knicks is Knicks have 1 allstar surrounded by role players, Nets have 3 stars and good role players. And Nets have a good coach.

TheJesus
11-29-2012, 09:39 PM
can you name some impressive wins you've had this season? cool you beat the celtics twice WITHOUT rondo. what else? did you blow miami out by 20? did you beat san antonio? kthanksbye.

1) I am not a Nets fan.
2) I don't play for the Nets.

I haven't won anything.

This is the NBA. Any team can beat any team. The Knicks shot the lights out of teams by averaging 13 threes a game. Which would have blown the NBA record out of the water (it's like 8). Those shots were bound to stop falling now they are.

Tell me, how are the Knicks supposed to win games with an inconsistent PG, old players that can barely take the court, poor perimeter defense, poor pick-n-roll defense, and a poor bench.

Just pray for threes to fall? Pray for Melo to turn into lebron James? Keep praying.

jmoney85
11-29-2012, 09:40 PM
how is that? 9 wins to 10 wins...

yes 6 losses to 4 by we have more games played....

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2012/11/29/some-records-arent-what-they-seem/

TheJesus
Homer Troll. DMF worthy post

Dude I'm not even a Nets fan. i just think Knicks fans are delusional. Look at your team, I've watched you play even when you've blown GOOD teams out.

You hit 13 threes a game. That's unsustainable. You're now down to 11 and change a game. It will keep dropping and dropping and dropping. And you'll start losing and losing and losing.

KnickaBocka.44
Who cares. The Nets have significantly more depth with MarShon Brooks and Childress seeing DNP-Coach Decisions because the team is incredibly young and deep.

Kidd plays 20+ minutes a night. Stack has seen more DNPs than games played.

Stack has played in 9/14 games, check your math

DoMeFavors

Stack dont start and isnt relied on like Kidd, Kidd plays like 40 mins a game and tries to do to much and they have no plan without him. So now they blame every loss that he isnt there. Stack will just score making open js all game, Kidd tries to do to much when he cant pass the torch to Felton and still has an ego. He needs to lace it up.

GiantsSwaGG
11-29-2012, 09:41 PM

Pablo Prigioni - Old
Rasheed Wallace - Old
Marcus Camby - Old
Kurt Thomas - Old

Stackhouse = Old
Blatche = Cancer
Bogans = trash
Hump = soft
Lopez = injury prone

I wouldn't be surprise if the nets ended up with the 5th seed

KnickaBocka.44
11-29-2012, 09:41 PM
Dude I'm not even a Nets fan. i just think Knicks fans are delusional. Look at your team, I've watched you play even when you've blown GOOD teams out.

You hit 13 threes a game. That's unsustainable. You're now down to 11 and change a game. It will keep dropping and dropping and dropping. And you'll start losing and losing and losing.

every single one of your posts is anti knicks and pro-nets, your a closet nets fan. and your logic here is nonexistent

jmoney85
11-29-2012, 09:42 PM

we beat uhhh lets seeee .................. the knicks LoL... clippers, boston twice,

TheJesus
11-29-2012, 09:43 PM
Stackhouse = Old
Blatche = Cancer
Bogans = trash
Hump = soft
Lopez = injury prone

I wouldn't be surprise if the nets ended up with the 5th seed

Stackhouse is old. And is irrelevant really, if he goes out. Because there's Marshon Brooks!

Blatche is playing like a monster. He can be a cancer and he's still more productive than any 4 on the Knicks right now.

Bogans is trash? That's your complaint? He's a better player than Brewer who starts games for you.

Hump is soft? Yes he is. Still top 5 per 48 rebounders in the NBA last year.

Lopez injury prone? Cool. The Nets have the depth to survive.

Meanwhile if Tyson goes down tonight who is your 5? Camby? Thomas?

KnickaBocka.44
Stack dont start and isnt relied on like Kidd, Kidd plays like 40 mins a game and tries to do to much and they have no plan without him. So now they blame every loss that he isnt there. Stack will just score making open js all game, Kidd tries to do to much when he cant pass the torch to Felton and still has an ego. He needs to lace it up.

played without him last night and won by double digits against an above .500 team, i think they are fine.

GiantsSwaGG
every single one of your posts is anti knicks and pro-nets, your a closet nets fan. and your logic here is nonexistent

He's a joke :laugh:

TheJesus
11-29-2012, 09:46 PM

I point it out like i see it. The Nets are better. Knicks fans entered the season like entitled brats. Pretending they "owned" a city while being arguable the worst franchise in NBA history. Having such a long membership to the league and so little success.

Recently the Nets have dominated the Knicks the last decade.

And yet the Knicks walk around like the "big brother" when they're closer to being the Mets than the Yankees in New York.

DoMeFavors
11-29-2012, 09:47 PM
played without him last night and won by double digits against an above .500 team, i think they are fine.

Ofcourse they are going to win games, they are a good team. But you cant just pick and choose which ones you say they will be fine for. When Nets beat Knicks everyones excuse was no Kidd! NO KIDD! NO KIDD!! I thought it was 2003.

And Bucks dont impress me. As a fan of a top team you shouldnt be excited over wins against teams a little over .500

knicks=love
1) I am not a Nets fan.

I haven't won anything.

This is the NBA. Any team can beat any team. The Knicks shot the lights out of teams by averaging 13 threes a game. Which would have blown the NBA record out of the water (it's like 8). Those shots were bound to stop falling now they are.

Tell me, how are the Knicks supposed to win games with an inconsistent PG, old players that can barely take the court, poor perimeter defense, poor pick-n-roll defense, and a poor bench.

Just pray for threes to fall? Pray for Melo to turn into lebron James? Keep praying.

how are they supposed to win with an inconsistent PG? they won 10 out of 14 games with one.

how are they supposed to win with old players that can barely take the court? they won 10 out 14 games with them.

how are they supposed to win with poor perimeter defense? they won 10 out of 14 games with it.

how are they supposed to win with poor "pick-n-roll" defense? they won 10 out of 14 games with it.

how are they supposed to win with a poor bench (your opinion)? they won 10 out of 14 games with it. (fact)

KnickaBocka.44
I point it out like i see it. The Nets are better. Knicks fans entered the season like entitled brats. Pretending they "owned" a city while being arguable the worst franchise in NBA history. Having such a long membership to the league and so little success.

Recently the Nets have dominated the Knicks the last decade.

And yet the Knicks walk around like the "big brother" when they're closer to being the Mets than the Yankees in New York.

GiantsSwaGG
11-29-2012, 09:48 PM
Stackhouse is old. And is irrelevant really, if he goes out. Because there's Marshon Brooks!

Blatche is playing like a monster. He can be a cancer and he's still more productive than any 4 on the Knicks right now.

Bogans is trash? That's your complaint? He's a better player than Brewer who starts games for you.

Hump is soft? Yes he is. Still top 5 per 48 rebounders in the NBA last year.

Lopez injury prone? Cool. The Nets have the depth to survive.

Meanwhile if Tyson goes down tonight who is your 5? Camby? Thomas?

Blatche is playing like a monster but is a cancer and might be the dumbest player in the league.

Bogans is trash, we're not asking Brewer to score, just defend.

As long as you u know Hump is soft

Lopez goes down nets have depth? :laugh: who blatche or evens? Good looks guarding Centers with those guys :facepalm: Lopez is basically their best player, if he goes down, the team goes down.

Kurt hasn't been injured yet and is better defensively than anyone in the nets. Wallace has been playing lights out. Stop hating bro!

GiantsSwaGG
11-29-2012, 09:49 PM
1) I am not a Nets fan.

I haven't won anything.

knicks=love
11-29-2012, 09:50 PM
we beat uhhh lets seeee .................. the knicks LoL... clippers, boston twice,

i guess you failed to even read the entire post that you quoted. i said you beat the celtics twice WITHOUT RONDO. that's not impressive.

DoMeFavors
11-29-2012, 09:51 PM
Blatche is playing like a monster but is a cancer and might be the dumbest player in the league.

Bogans is trash, we're not asking Brewer to score, just defend.

As long as you u know Hump is soft

Lopez goes down nets have depth? :laugh: who blatche or evens? Good looks guarding Centers with those guys :facepalm: Lopez is basically their best player, if he goes down, the team goes down.

Kurt hasn't been injured yet and is better defensively than anyone in the nets. Wallace has been playing lights out. Stop hating bro!

Guys who go after every board isnt soft.

And didnt you say Lopez is one of the worst centers last year? and that there would be no NBA season?

TheJesus
11-29-2012, 09:51 PM

Look at the Nets vs Knicks the past 12 years, Regular Season wins, H2H, Playoff Wins, and NBA Finals appearances.

Nets own the Knicks in each category.

Yet OMG THE KNICKS OWN NY

2-ONE-5
11-29-2012, 09:52 PM
The BIG difference between Nets and Knicks is Knicks have 1 allstar surrounded by role players, Nets have 3 stars and good role players. And Nets have a good coach.

just bcuz JJ is paid like a star doesnt make him one.

D-Will is falling out of the superstar debate fast

Brook Lopez IS NOT A STAR.

TheJesus
i guess you failed to even read the entire post that you quoted. i said you beat the celtics twice WITHOUT RONDO. that's not impressive.

Nets were up 20 on the Celtics with Rondo.

TheJesus

But the Sixers have oh so many stars with their zero

GiantsSwaGG
11-29-2012, 09:53 PM

We beat the heat by 20

KnickaBocka.44
11-29-2012, 09:54 PM
Look at the Nets vs Knicks the past 12 years, Regular Season wins, H2H, Playoff Wins, and NBA Finals appearances.

Now you change your argument to the past 12 years when you previously stated some of the most inaccurate things ive ever seen said on this forum. you are about to be the first person i've ever ignored on this site and thats saying something.

GiantsSwaGG
11-29-2012, 09:54 PM

Why don't you combined that with the past 22 years?

And how about the last 3 seasons?

GiantsSwaGG
11-29-2012, 09:55 PM
Now you change your argument to the past 12 years when you previously stated some of the most inaccurate things ive ever seen said on this forum. you are about to be the first person i've ever ignored on this site and thats saying something.

:laugh:

knicks=love
11-29-2012, 09:57 PM

and you lost to the heat by 30 who we beat by 20, so obviously knicks > nets

2-ONE-5
11-29-2012, 09:58 PM
But the Sixers have oh so many stars with their zero

Where did i say they do? However Jrue Holiday is well on his way...

jmoney85
11-29-2012, 10:00 PM

umm rondo played last night

jmoney85
11-29-2012, 10:01 PM
I cant believe this dude said bogans is trash lol... bogans is an above average defender

knicks=love
11-29-2012, 10:02 PM
umm rondo played last night

not sure if you heard, but he got thrown out before half time.

knicks=love
11-29-2012, 10:02 PM
bogans >> lebron

JerseysFinest
11-29-2012, 10:03 PM
It's interesting how a thread that recognized both NY teams for making some noise and playing well turns to a thread where fans of both teams bait each other.

Both teams are talented, but at the same time each have their own flaws they have to work on. The East is so unpredictable after Miami, we won't know until April who is in the top 4 of the conference.

GiantsSwaGG
11-29-2012, 10:04 PM
I cant believe this dude said bogans is trash lol... bogans is an above average defender

jmoney85

im pretty sure we were beating them by 20 when he got thrown out

krisxsong

The reason the Knicks couldn't beat the Nets is apparently because of a 40 year old Jason Kidd who wouldn't have contained Deron Williams any better than fat@ss-cupcake-loving Felton did....although I don't think he woulda gone 3-19 from the field.

The Nets have the 2nd best record in the East with their 2 best players playing the worst basketball of their careers, with their 3rd best scoring option/best bench scorer barely playing, and with their best player playing with a jammed wrist and an ankle that needs surgery.

jmoney85
11-29-2012, 10:05 PM

you are worse than DMF

krisxsong
11-29-2012, 10:05 PM

not sure if you saw, but we were whopping their *** by 20 when he got kicked out.

krisxsong
11-29-2012, 10:06 PM
We beat the heat by 20

We beat you.

GiantsSwaGG
11-29-2012, 10:07 PM
The reason the Knicks couldn't beat the Nets is apparently because of a 40 year old Jason Kidd who wouldn't have contained Deron Williams any better than fat@ss-cupcake-loving Felton did....although I don't think he woulda gone 3-19 from the field.

The Nets have the 2nd best record in the East with their 2 best players playing the worst basketball of their careers, with their 3rd best scoring option/best bench scorer barely playing, and with their best player playing with a jammed wrist and an ankle that needs surgery.

Yeah and we lost without our best on ball defender In Shump, Kidd who's better and smarter than half of the Nets and Felton who had an off night. Give me a break :facepalm:

Beltrans Mole
It's interesting how a thread that recognized both NY teams for making some noise and playing well turns to a thread where fans of both teams bait each other.

Both teams are talented, but at the same time each have their own flaws they have to work on. The East is so unpredictable after Miami, we won't know until April who is in the top 4 of the conference.

I agree that both teams are solid, but not many teams can say they have the likes of Iman Shumpert and Amare Stoudemire coming back 100% in a month or so. Shumpert adds so much energy, defense and attitude to the Knicks...he's been sorely missed. Amare, even though not the same player he was with Nash, is still a weapon and can provide a real spark if he takes a bench role with the Knicks. They are already playing great team ball but Shumpert will take them to another level.

GiantsSwaGG
We beat you.

They spanked you

DoMeFavors
its to funny people bring up the players that play the least on the Nets and use that as an argument.

GiantsSwaGG
you are worse than DMF

You are DMF

knicks=love
11-29-2012, 10:08 PM
its to funny people bring up the players that play the least on the Nets and use that as an argument.

it's funny how you bring up any argument and stick behind it.

krisxsong
11-29-2012, 10:08 PM

1) Just because a player is slumping through the first 14 games of a season when he's been a star for the last 5 seasons doesn't mean he's not a star.

2) Does a jammed wrist and bum ankle that needs surgery mean nothing to you?

3) Yes, Brook Lopez is a star, well this is more opinionated. What's a star to you? If the team is run through you, and the team is 10-4 and have beaten some of the better teams in the NBA already and you're producing at a high level why aren't you a star?

B'sCeltsPatsSox
11-29-2012, 10:09 PM
Never have I seen so many people be so happy about leading the division after one month.

jmoney85
11-29-2012, 10:10 PM
Yeah and we lost without our best on ball defender In Shump, Kidd who's better and smarter than half of the Nets and Felton who had an off night. Give me a break :facepalm:

LOL this guy said kidd is better than half of the nets

LMAO

krisxsong
11-29-2012, 10:11 PM
They spanked you

:Facepalm:

You're saying the Knicks are better than the Nets because the Knicks killed a team that killed the Nets.

I don't think the Nets are better, visa verca. I think they're even. Yet I don't understand that logic when we clearly beat you.

krisxsong
11-29-2012, 10:12 PM
Never have I seen so many people be so happy about leading the division after one month.

It's not just about leading the division. It's about the fact that our team has finally arrived.

Unless you've been a Nets fan you wouldn't understand.

GiantsSwaGG
:Facepalm:

You're saying the Knicks are better than the Nets because the Knicks killed a team that killed the Nets.

I don't think the Nets are better, visa verca. I think they're even. Yet I don't understand that logic when we clearly beat you.

I never said the Knicks were better than the Nets

JerseysFinest
I agree that both teams are solid, but not many teams can say they have the likes of Iman Shumpert and Amare Stoudemire coming back 100% in a month or so. Shumpert adds so much energy, defense and attitude to the Knicks...he's been sorely missed. Amare, even though not the same player he was with Nash, is still a weapon and can provide a real spark if he takes a bench role with the Knicks. They are already playing great team ball but Shumpert will take them to another level.

I don't think anyone is denying the fact that Amar'e and Shumpert are going to help them when they return. Certainly not right away because they have to adjust, but they'll definitely help them going forward. We'll see how much of an impact they'll make when they return though.

KnickaBocka.44
11-29-2012, 10:13 PM
1) Just because a player is slumping through the first 14 games of a season when he's been a star for the last 5 seasons doesn't mean he's not a star.

3) Yes, Brook Lopez is a star, well this is more opinionated. What's a star to you? If the team is run through you, and the team is 10-4 and have beaten some of the better teams in the NBA already and you're producing at a high level why aren't you a star?

1) he hasnt been a star for at least 2 years.

2) If he's playing then he's playing

3) he's not a star because to be a star at the center position you have to be at least a decent rebounder, and he's not.

GiantsSwaGG
LOL this guy said kidd is better than half of the nets

LMAO

If you didn't lack basketball knowledge you'd understand

knicks=love
this website makes me want to do illegal things that i never do

krisxsong
11-29-2012, 10:14 PM

Give me a break. You had Ronnie Brewer who is essentially the same thing as Shump.

An elite perimeter defender who can really run the floor. The only difference is Shump is a bit faster.

Kidd who's better than half of our team. LOLLLLLLL. That's a funny one.

How the hell are you gonna ask for a break when you state such ludicrous statements that Skip Bayless would look at you and go "What the $*%&"

Yankeefan213

Funny how YOU are the one who brought up Stackhouse.

KnickaBocka.44
I don't think anyone is denying the fact that Amar'e and Shumpert are going to help them when they return. Certainly not right away because they have to adjust, but they'll definitely help them going forward. We'll see how much of an impact they'll make when they return though.

See that JMoney?

KnickaBocka.44
11-29-2012, 10:16 PM

I was going to quote Odd Future, but I dont wanna get banned

jmoney85
11-29-2012, 10:16 PM
See that JMoney?

we all know what happened the last time shumpert and amare played with the knicks

jmoney85
11-29-2012, 10:17 PM
If you didn't lack basketball knowledge you'd understand

if you had an IQ over 30 you would actually understand how stupid your posts are

krisxsong
11-29-2012, 10:20 PM
1) he hasnt been a star for at least 2 years.

2) If he's playing then he's playing

3) he's not a star because to be a star at the center position you have to be at least a decent rebounder, and he's not.

1) 18-4-5 shooting 45% is close enough to a star if you ask me. Tell me how many other guys average that year in year out.

2) ......is this a joke? Playing through injuries have no consequence on how a player is performing?

3) What? Where is this rule written? 8.2 per 36 isn't the best, but it isn't unheard of.

22.5-8.2-3.0 per 36 is a star stat line.

2-ONE-5

1. JJ was never a super star. all-star? sure for a few years.
2. D-Will has played nothing like he did in Utah with the Nets so far.
3. Lopez is not a star. How many big seasons has he had? Al Jeff is a better player and I dont think hes a star either.

LongIslandIcedZ

You need to post more in the NBA, a few Net fans here make the whole fan base look horrible.

JerseysFinest
11-29-2012, 10:21 PM

I really can't understand why there is so much ignorance, baiting, and hatred on both sides on this site. I understand if one person says I don't like the Nets, I hope the Knicks finish ahead of them. What I don't understand is why people have to go the extra mile and malign every single thing associated with the either team. What's wrong with hoping both teams succeed? :shrug:

B'sCeltsPatsSox
11-29-2012, 10:22 PM
It's not just about leading the division. It's about the fact that our team has finally arrived.

Unless you've been a Nets fan you wouldn't understand.

That's true haha.

netsgiantsyanks
11-29-2012, 10:22 PM
I was going to quote Odd Future, but I dont wanna get banned

kill people burn **** **** school?

meloman1592
11-29-2012, 10:23 PM

They are on top of the division because of the tie breaker SO FAR...they have the same ****ing record

krisxsong
11-29-2012, 10:28 PM
1. JJ was never a super star. all-star? sure for a few years.
2. D-Will has played nothing like he did in Utah with the Nets so far.
3. Lopez is not a star. How many big seasons has he had? Al Jeff is a better player and I dont think hes a star either.

1. Learn to read. I never called Joe Johnson super star, I called him a star.

2. Again you fail to look into context. Deron was hurt every single year he was here. He played a grand total of 6 games together with Lopez prior to this year.

I don't care if you're Michael Jordan, you're not putting up efficient numbers, nor are you going anywhere when your starting lineup includes Anthony Morrow Johan Petro Kris Humphries and Travis Outlaw.

3. Al Jefferson is not a better player. Al Jefferson used to be better and he was most def a star. What kind of a guy puts up 23-11-1.7 on 50% shooting and isn't considered a star?

Al Jefferson doesn't have an entire offense running through him.

krisxsong
11-29-2012, 10:31 PM
I really can't understand why there is so much ignorance, baiting, and hatred on both sides on this site. I understand if one person says I don't like the Nets, I hope the Knicks finish ahead of them. What I don't understand is why people have to go the extra mile and malign every single thing associated with the either team. What's wrong with hoping both teams succeed? :shrug:

My only logical guess is that Knicks fans are finally feeling threatened?

Why else would they say Jason Kidd is better than half of the Nets, or that they're better because they killed the Heat?

The Nets IMO are a solid team, but have a ways to go to be an elite team. We have some serious issues we need to fix before we become a top 3 team in the East and I think that starts with a coaching change.

If they keep playing like this IMO they might get the 7th seed.

JerseysFinest
11-29-2012, 10:31 PM
You need to post more in the NBA, a few Net fans here make the whole fan base look horrible.

That's the reason why the Nets get a bad rap around here. I honestly believe that outside of maybe a few Knicks, Celtics, Atlantic Division rival, general NBA, and Keeping Up With The Kardashian fans, no on here really hates the Nets. I see a lot of posters on here praise them and give them their due, but these "fans" destroy the image of the team on PSD. It's pathetic sometimes. Trust me, drop by the Nets forum sometime, most Nets posters are pretty intelligent and logical people.

krisxsong
11-29-2012, 10:34 PM
That's the reason why the Nets get a bad rap around here. I honestly believe that outside of maybe a few Knicks, Celtics, Atlantic Division rival, general NBA, and Keeping Up With The Kardashian fans, no on here really hates the Nets. I see a lot of posters on here praise them and give them their due, but these "fans" destroy the image of the team on PSD. It's pathetic sometimes. Trust me, drop by the Nets forum sometime, most Nets posters are pretty intelligent and logical people.

It doesn't really bother me that the few Nets fans on PSD that exist get a bad rap in the NBA forum, but if someone is going to make a statement about my favorite team which I find isn't true, I feel the right to disprove his point.

BTW what happened to llemon?

jmoney85
11-29-2012, 10:35 PM

you have plenty of knick fans that make your fan base look horrible...

JerseysFinest
11-29-2012, 10:36 PM
My only logical guess is that Knicks fans are finally feeling threatened?

Why else would they say Jason Kidd is better than half of the Nets, or that they're better because they killed the Heat?

The Nets IMO are a solid team, but have a ways to go to be an elite team. We have some serious issues we need to fix before we become a top 3 team in the East and I think that starts with a coaching change.

That's just clear baiting to obviously provoke Nets fans.

TBH, I really don't think Avery is as bad as a lot of Nets fans paint him to be. I think he's a pretty solid coach, and we've seen thus far he can get this team to play with mental and physical toughness. Most importantly, they're improving on the defensive end. This is just my opinion, but I'd really be shocked if the Nets weren't in the top 4 of the conference by the end of the year.

If they keep playing like what? A team gradually improving on the defensive end and growing chemistry? Top 4.

oballers
11-29-2012, 10:37 PM

Larry Bird, Phil Jackson, Tyson Chandler...

JerseysFinest
11-29-2012, 10:38 PM
It doesn't really bother me that the few Nets fans on PSD that exist get a bad rap in the NBA forum, but if someone is going to make a statement about my favorite team which I find isn't true, I feel the right to disprove his point.

BTW what happened to llemon?

No idea. Wasn't he like banned at a point in time?

krisxsong
11-29-2012, 10:44 PM
That's just clear baiting to obviously provoke Nets fans.

TBH, I really don't think Avery is as bad as a lot of Nets fans paint him to be. I think he's a pretty solid coach, and we've seen thus far he can get this team to play with mental and physical toughness. Most importantly, they're improving on the defensive end. This is just my opinion, but I'd really be shocked if the Nets weren't in the top 4 of the conference by the end of the year.

If they keep playing like what? A team gradually improving on the defensive end and growing chemistry? Top 4.

I have a few issues with Avery Johnson and until they are addressed I don't think I will get over the "FIRE AVERY".

1. Why in the WORLD is this guy not playing MarShon Brooks? I know Brooks isn't the most consistent player and he doesn't play great defense...HOWEVER Brooks can create his own shot better than anybody on our team outside of DWILL and he is a very underrated play maker he will make the pass to an open teammate.

I understand Stackhouse has bailed Avery out with his incredible corner 3 point shooting, but it still BOGGLES my mind that our 2nd most talented player on offense is rotting on the bench. The fact that Avery can't find any use for him is on Avery IMO.

2. Brook Lopez. Brook Lopez is 2nd in the NBA in scoring in the 1st. There's a good reason for that, our offense runs best when we score through him. So WHYYYYY does Avery keep sitting Brook on the bench from halfway through the 2nd all the way till there's 3 min left in the 3rd? It's not wonder Brook comes back and takes a while to get warm, it's impossible to get a rhythm going like that...I WILL say however that Avery seems to have somewhat fixed this issue as I see Lopez playing more and more without rotting on the bench for a long period of time.

Obviously if they win 10 out of every 14 games they'll be good, they'll probably be the best team in the East. That's not what I meant. What I meant to say was that if Deron Williams and Joe Johnson continue to shoot below 40% this team will have a hard time succeeding on a consistent basis.

Greet
11-29-2012, 11:04 PM
I have a few issues with Avery Johnson and until they are addressed I don't think I will get over the "FIRE AVERY".

1. Why in the WORLD is this guy not playing MarShon Brooks? I know Brooks isn't the most consistent player and he doesn't play great defense...HOWEVER Brooks can create his own shot better than anybody on our team outside of DWILL and he is a very underrated play maker he will make the pass to an open teammate.

I understand Stackhouse has bailed Avery out with his incredible corner 3 point shooting, but it still BOGGLES my mind that our 2nd most talented player on offense is rotting on the bench. The fact that Avery can't find any use for him is on Avery IMO.

2. Brook Lopez. Brook Lopez is 2nd in the NBA in scoring in the 1st. There's a good reason for that, our offense runs best when we score through him. So WHYYYYY does Avery keep sitting Brook on the bench from halfway through the 2nd all the way till there's 3 min left in the 3rd? It's not wonder Brook comes back and takes a while to get warm, it's impossible to get a rhythm going like that...I WILL say however that Avery seems to have somewhat fixed this issue as I see Lopez playing more and more without rotting on the bench for a long period of time.

Obviously if they win 10 out of every 14 games they'll be good, they'll probably be the best team in the East. That's not what I meant. What I meant to say was that if Deron Williams and Joe Johnson continue to shoot below 40% this team will have a hard time succeeding on a consistent basis.

While I do agree that Avery isn't the best coach in the NBA, I do still back him up - and it's clear that so do the players.

Onto the point with MarShon, I do believe that he should be getting more minutes. He's easily the second/third best player on our team at creating their own shot. But Avery tends to play the hot hand at the time, hence why some games you don't even see Kris Humphries play - because Evans/Blatche are just playing better. Avery loves the efficiency of Stackhouse's jumper - Something MarShon really lacks. Stackhouse gives Avery more options for running plays, which he loves to do. Avery also loves the defense and intensity that Bogans brings to the court.

For the Brook Loepz thing. Avery just has his rotations and likes to stick with them. Kind of like Pop is doing tonight, but less extreme. He just believes that it's for the best.

ee
11-29-2012, 11:12 PM
I'm a die hard Nets fan and have disliked the Knicks for a long time, since the john starks days.....But now I kind of gained some respect to their team, not gonna root for them or anything, I just like the idea of having a great team to compete with.

The Nets wanting to take over New York and the Knicks wanting to stay on top is raising each teams play and the result couldn't be better.....I think it's good for both teams...

jp611
11-29-2012, 11:23 PM
This place is a mess

GiantsSwaGG
11-29-2012, 11:41 PM
you have plenty of knick fans that make your fan base look horrible...

Net fans don't even claim you in their fan base lol

strahan92osi72
11-29-2012, 11:53 PM
I'm so sick of people calling the Knicks an old team, what just because the guys who round out their bench are old? The only player who will play a pivotal role in the Knicks season that is old is Kidd. All of the Knicks main guys, Melo, Chandler, Felton, Smith, and Amare when he comes back are 30 or under. That's all that matters. Who cares that the last two guys on the bench are old?

29$JerZ
11-30-2012, 12:05 AM
Both teams have done well. I've noticed Brooklyn is playing a bit better on defense given there lack of capable defenders so kudos to Lopez/Avery for putting in the work.

Let's see how both teams sustain this.
Knicks were undefeated earlier and have fallen back down a bit. Nets loss a couple of bad games but have picked it up.

I really don't see Boston being this low for long when Avery comes back. I'd be surprised if either NY/Brooklyn were Top 4 seeds at the end of the season. Still a long way to go,

KnickaBocka.44
11-30-2012, 12:06 AM
kill people burn **** **** school?

precisely, my friend.

jmoney85
11-30-2012, 12:07 AM
Both teams have done well. I've noticed Brooklyn is playing a bit better on defense given there lack of capable defenders so kudos to Lopez/Avery for putting in the work.

Knicks were undefeated earlier and have fallen back down a bit. Nets loss a couple of bad games but have picked it up.

I really don't see Boston being this low for long when Avery comes back. I'd be surprised if either NY/Brooklyn were Top 4 seeds at the end of the season. Still a long way to go,

nets have a crapload of capable defenders... JJ, Bogans, watson, childress, wallace, evans... blatche is even turning into a decent defender and has came a long way since training camp

VinceCarter
11-30-2012, 12:22 AM
1) I am not a Nets fan.

I haven't won anything.

This Jesus guy might be on to something. haha

29$JerZ
11-30-2012, 12:29 AM
nets have a crapload of capable defenders... JJ, Bogans, watson, childress, wallace, evans... blatche is even turning into a decent defender and has came a long way since training camp

Bogans, Childress, Wallace, and Evans I agree.
Highly disagree with Blatche even though he should be a great defensive player. JJ is hit or miss with me personally on defense.

Also those players you mention are all on the bench except Wallace/JJ.
Not built to be a good defensive team or even average but as of now you guys are doing it so enjoy it while you can.

VinceCarter
11-30-2012, 12:36 AM
I'm so sick of people calling the Knicks an old team, what just because the guys who round out their bench are old? The only player who will play a pivotal role in the Knicks season that is old is Kidd. All of the Knicks main guys, Melo, Chandler, Felton, Smith, and Amare when he comes back are 30 or under. That's all that matters. Who cares that the last two guys on the bench are old?

Depth. Injuries happen. If Stackhouse goes down we have Brooks. If Lopez goes down (like right now) we have Evans and Blatche. If Hump goes down we have Evans and Blatche. Just some examples right there of good back ups. Every position the Nets have a great back up to come in and fill that spot.

Knicks21
11-30-2012, 12:44 AM
Its good for NYC basketball, both teams have been sucking for quite some time.

HOZ THE KNICK
11-30-2012, 12:44 AM
so this is a big apple bait thread? how about let's get to the all star break first.

DoMeFavors
11-30-2012, 12:46 AM

Is Toronto still getting the 8th seed over Nets who will be a lottery team like you predicited?

BSplaya2121
11-30-2012, 12:57 AM

This is an awesome thread, nothing but positivity for both teams and you have to come in and say something like this. Can you at least one time not have 100% complete troll bias and just acknowledge both teams for a job well done? Im a Knicks fan and can recognize the nets as being a very good team, why do you have to be negative?

yanksrock
11-30-2012, 01:03 AM

If "injury prone" Brook Lopez goes down, I wonder where the Nets would be.

DoMeFavors
11-30-2012, 01:04 AM
This is an awesome thread, nothing but positivity for both teams and you have to come in and say something like this. Can you at least one time not have 100% complete troll bias and just acknowledge both teams for a job well done? Im a Knicks fan and can recognize the nets as being a very good team, why do you have to be negative?

I never put the Knicks down or used negative opinions. I said Nets shouldnt be compared Nets beat the Knicks and have looked better. It is only right to make it clear Nets are on top of the atlantic not the Knicks. Knicks are doing well...Nets deserve more respect tho.

yanksrock
11-30-2012, 01:10 AM
I never put the Knicks down or used negative opinions. I said Nets shouldnt be compared Nets beat the Knicks and have looked better. It is only right to make it clear Nets are on top of the atlantic not the Knicks. Knicks are doing well...Nets deserve more respect tho.

You should seriously start reading what you write. Take a minute before posting. If everybody on PSD is calling you out, don't you think something is wrong??

I get it you're a passionate fan and everything. There's nothing wrong with being real.

Just trying to help.

VinceCarter
11-30-2012, 01:17 AM
If "injury prone" Brook Lopez goes down, I wonder where the Nets would be.

We also have Evans and Blatche. I don't think it'd be that big of a hit.

Mayweather&NYK
11-30-2012, 01:17 AM

ha ha... the problem with this is that we have identical records, and by the default of a tiebreak for the time being you are considered first, that's the only reason. You guys have been playing at full strength... we have been playing without key players... and yet we have an identical record. When we played u guys... it had to have been the worst game I personally have seen us play... and it went into OT...lol...and we had our chances to win....lol... this is why I don't overrate the Nets as of course, you do. The funny part about all of this is that this argument of who is first in our division, can literally shift from day to day. I know you are happy go lucky that the Nets are keeping up thus far... but it's a wait and see kind of season... just in case you didn't know... the season is 82 games long not 14 mmmmkay? :)

yanksrock
11-30-2012, 01:19 AM
We also have Evans and Blatche. I don't think it'd be that big of a hit.

Maybe.

But Brook is pretty much the focal point of the offense. As is offensively they aren't flowing. What would they be without Brook?

jimm120
11-30-2012, 01:31 AM
I'm only on page 6 so far....but.....i DON'T understand why people have let DMF and Jesus can keep this up.

It was said that Knicks were a #3-5 seed and at worst, a #7 seed.
It was said that Nets were a #6-8 seed and at worst, out of the playoffs.

Both teams have great records and tied towards the top of the standings.

This thread, you were either supposed to:

1- If both can sustain it
2- If both can't sustain it
3- Happy for both teams

but damn, two people have come trolling! ITS NOT A NETS VS KNICKS thread! Its about how both teams have done so well.

yanksrock
11-30-2012, 01:36 AM
I'm only on page 6 so far....but.....i DON'T understand why people have let DMF and Jesus can keep this up.

It was said that Knicks were a #3-5 seed and at worst, a #7 seed.
It was said that Nets were a #6-8 seed and at worst, out of the playoffs.

Both teams have great records and tied towards the top of the standings.

This thread, you were either supposed to:

1- If both can sustain it
2- If both can't sustain it
3- Happy for both teams

but damn, two people have come trolling! ITS NOT A NETS VS KNICKS thread! Its about how both teams have done so well.

It's fun debating them. Even though it's pointless.

WAYNEBO
11-30-2012, 02:09 AM

So when the Knicks stomp their next 2 creampuff oponents and your team gets its collective *** handed again by the Heat, NYK will be back on top, leading the division. I'll be checking back in wich ya in a week. We can do this all season.

Evolution23
11-30-2012, 03:17 AM
We're only 14 games in the season. Lets calm down people! Wait until they play at least 41 games.

THE MTL
11-30-2012, 03:43 AM
Knicks arent even healthy yet. There is something wrong with Marcus Camby and just wait till Amare and especially Shumpert comes back.

krisxsong
11-30-2012, 03:54 AM
Knicks arent even healthy yet. There is something wrong with Marcus Camby and just wait till Amare and especially Shumpert comes back.

Yes the Knicks aren't healthy but don't tell me there aren't questions about those points you brought up. I'm not trolling or baiting, just pointing out that it's not as easy as throwing names on a piece of paper.

1) Marcus Camby. Marcus Camby does provide a bit of defense and toughness I'll give you that. However I don't expect him to make THAT much of a difference.

2) Amare Stoudemire. Amare Stoudemire has yet to show two things that could prove to be messy of catastrophic measure. One, he has not shown he can play with Carmelo Anthony. This is big because the Knicks are playing very well as a team right now and I don't think I would start Amare if my team continues this type of success.

Second, he's never shown the ability to come off the bench. People tend to forget or don't realize how different coming off the bench is from starting. For one, you dont have as long a leash as you would a starter, if you start clanking shots you would see a quicker hook as to a starter. Also, NBA players love to get a rhythm going. If the guy is coming off the bench for the first time in his career, I wouldn't be shocked to see some initial struggle.

3) Iman Shumpert. People act like Ronnie Brewer doesn't exist. Ronnie Brewer is essentially the same thing as Shump, difference being Shump hasn't scratched his potential, but as of right now they're similar. They are both elite perimeter defenders who can really run the floor. Shump is a bit smaller and plays thew 1-2, but with Felton and Kidd I dont expect him to get many min there.

If I'm the Knicks, I trade Amare. At this point I don't care if it's a salary dump, I'm trading him to get rid of his contract. With that extra money you can look for a good fit at PF on the free agent market.

VinceCarter
11-30-2012, 03:55 AM

You have to factor in how they will be re-incorporated into the line-up. Just because you throw in a good player doesn't mean success.

Knicks21
11-30-2012, 04:02 AM
So when the Knicks stomp their next 2 creampuff oponents and your team gets its collective *** handed again by the Heat, NYK will be back on top, leading the division. I'll be checking back in wich ya in a week. We can do this all season.

:clap:

Way to early in the season.

AI
11-30-2012, 04:12 AM
If it's a Knicks thread, you can assume that DMF and Jmoney will be trolling the crap out of it. You guys are probably closet Knick fans with dupes who we kicked out of the forum due to your stupidity. NANDO IS THAT YOU?

THE MTL
11-30-2012, 04:15 AM
Yes the Knicks aren't healthy but don't tell me there aren't questions about those points you brought up. I'm not trolling or baiting, just pointing out that it's not as easy as throwing names on a piece of paper.

1) Marcus Camby. Marcus Camby does provide a bit of defense and toughness I'll give you that. However I don't expect him to make THAT much of a difference.

2) Amare Stoudemire. Amare Stoudemire has yet to show two things that could prove to be messy of catastrophic measure. One, he has not shown he can play with Carmelo Anthony. This is big because the Knicks are playing very well as a team right now and I don't think I would start Amare if my team continues this type of success.

Second, he's never shown the ability to come off the bench. People tend to forget or don't realize how different coming off the bench is from starting. For one, you dont have as long a leash as you would a starter, if you start clanking shots you would see a quicker hook as to a starter. Also, NBA players love to get a rhythm going. If the guy is coming off the bench for the first time in his career, I wouldn't be shocked to see some initial struggle.

3) Iman Shumpert. People act like Ronnie Brewer doesn't exist. Ronnie Brewer is essentially the same thing as Shump, difference being Shump hasn't scratched his potential, but as of right now they're similar. They are both elite perimeter defenders who can really run the floor. Shump is a bit smaller and plays thew 1-2, but with Felton and Kidd I dont expect him to get many min there.

If I'm the Knicks, I trade Amare. At this point I don't care if it's a salary dump, I'm trading him to get rid of his contract. With that extra money you can look for a good fit at PF on the free agent market.

Knicks have only won the rebounding battle twice this season. Camby was the best rebounder per 36 just last season and even the small minutes he gets now, he rebounds at a high rate. Camby's value is going to be much higher towards the mid-season and especially in the playoffs. Having that 3rd/4th big off the bench, is the type of luxury that puts teams over the top.

I understand your points especially about Amare. However I do believe there is a plan for him. Woodson called Olajawon to get Amare to do workouts with him. But yeah Amare's incorporation has yet to be determined.

As for Shumpert, he can easily slide right into this team. We can use his skill set already. And yes we have Brewer, but brewer does not guard PG's and this is where Shumpert is definitely needed. Also Brewer's help defense is superb while his lockdown one-on-one defense is not as good as Shumpert's. Either way, I would love to see lineups with both of these guys to handle Nets, Lakers, Bucks back courts.

Sactown
11-30-2012, 04:34 AM
Both teams have started off hot, I doubt either one of them will continue this throughout the season, but good job so far

Quietmoney
11-30-2012, 04:48 AM

I beg to differ! Maybe the Nets aren't a threat but the Knicks are. I've been watching the Heat games and I've come to the conclusion that there not as good as advertised. Wade is on a serious decline and Lebron is gonna start to feel it as the load will become heavier.

Hawkeye15
11-30-2012, 04:49 AM
would love to see the standings by years end, when each team finds the valley's on the NBA season...

relax peeps. Long season.

NYYCowboys
11-30-2012, 04:55 AM
Nets suck. They'll be in the 4-6 range before season's end. #DMFcomment

Quietmoney
11-30-2012, 05:01 AM
Knicks have one of the most dominant scorers of all time on there team. Melo is having an MVP like year. If the Knicks wins were closer in points, Melo would be averaging 30, but being that we be blowing teams out, he's resting and not playing in a lot of fourth quarters. The Knicks should end up a top 3 team by seasons end.

Sactown
11-30-2012, 05:37 AM
If you blanked out the team names and user names, I would swear you guys were talking about the Heat and the Lakers or Thunder... These teams are so unproven and you guys ride such highs and lows, It's an 82 game season you can't take a 10 game streak and assume the team is going to finish that way.. both teams look like good teams, but the Nets have played a pretty easy schedule and the Knicks have the oldest team in the league, bad things will happen, not saying you're both going to miss the playoffs, but even after this month, I'd be surprised if either team made it into the eastern conference finals let alone the NBA finals... calm down.

Jesse2272
11-30-2012, 09:13 AM
Wheres the love ?

benzni
11-30-2012, 09:17 AM
they r both ok i guess

Big Zo
11-30-2012, 11:52 AM
Knicks have one of the most dominant scorers of all time on there team. Melo is having an MVP like year. If the Knicks wins were closer in points, Melo would be averaging 30, but being that we be blowing teams out, he's resting and not playing in a lot of fourth quarters. The Knicks should end up a top 3 team by seasons end.

Melo has never averaged 30 ppg in a season, but he's one of the best scorers of all-time? That's very... uh... "New York fan" of you to say. lol

SteBO
11-30-2012, 01:09 PM
If things break right for them, sure. But health will be key, just every other team in the league.

jmoney85
11-30-2012, 01:11 PM
this guy called melo "one of the best scorers of all time" LOOLLL

like I said.... the knicks have about 20+ DMF's

Beltrans Mole
11-30-2012, 01:28 PM
this guy called melo "one of the best scorers of all time" LOOLLL

like I said.... the knicks have about 20+ DMF's

Melo is arguably the best "scorer" in the NBA right now. It's not that farfetched to think he's all-time great scorer. The guy has one of the best arsenals in the game...

jmoney85
11-30-2012, 01:29 PM
Melo is arguably the best "scorer" in the NBA right now. It's not that farfetched to think he's all-time great scorer. The guy has one of the best arsenals in the game...

lmaooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

DMF would be proud

Losoway
11-30-2012, 02:20 PM
LIKE I PREDICTED THE NETS AND KNICKS WOULD BE ON TOP . i remember Predicting this exact same record in the summer nets and knicks being in the top 3

now who is the troll = )

GiantsSwaGG
11-30-2012, 02:21 PM
LIKE I PREDICTED THE NETS AND KNICKS WOULD BE ON TOP . i remember Predicting this exact same record in the summer nets and knicks being in the top 3

now who is the troll = )

jmoney

ee
11-30-2012, 02:28 PM
I don't see why these two teams can't be on top of the East just below Miami......

Boston? can't rebound, nets figured them out even when they were a bad team. When you have a point guard that can't shoot, easy to crowd the middle.

Who else is a threat really? Atlanta maybe, but who else?

I think it's safe to say these two teams are top 3.

DoMeFavors
11-30-2012, 02:35 PM
Knicks have only won the rebounding battle twice this season. Camby was the best rebounder per 36 just last season and even the small minutes he gets now, he rebounds at a high rate. Camby's value is going to be much higher towards the mid-season and especially in the playoffs. Having that 3rd/4th big off the bench, is the type of luxury that puts teams over the top.

I understand your points especially about Amare. However I do believe there is a plan for him. Woodson called Olajawon to get Amare to do workouts with him. But yeah Amare's incorporation has yet to be determined.

As for Shumpert, he can easily slide right into this team. We can use his skill set already. And yes we have Brewer, but brewer does not guard PG's and this is where Shumpert is definitely needed. Also Brewer's help defense is superb while his lockdown one-on-one defense is not as good as Shumpert's. Either way, I would love to see lineups with both of these guys to handle Nets, Lakers, Bucks back courts.

Camby maybe was the best rebounder but he is older now and looks done and already retired. Evans killed him on the boards, now Evans is the best per 36 rebounder.

DoMeFavors
11-30-2012, 02:36 PM

IF he is the best scorer why isnt he putting up Durant or Kobe scoring numbers? and if he is getting doubled why are his assist numbers low?

Blitzbolt
11-30-2012, 02:37 PM
The East is so sad they are garbage take away the Heat and you have your self a second Dleague.

Beltrans Mole
11-30-2012, 02:41 PM
IF he is the best scorer why isnt he putting up Durant or Kobe scoring numbers? and if he is getting doubled why are his assist numbers low?

If you look at the Knicks game this year, in many instances Melo would get pulled from the game when the Knicks were winning by a decent margin.

He's scored 25-30 points a lot this year with most of those points coming early in the game. He's obv one of the best scorers in the NBA...the fact that you are debating this well...nevermind #DMF

KnickaBocka.44
11-30-2012, 04:05 PM

He is averaging .1 ppg less than Durant and is 3rd in the league in scoring, nice try though

jmoney85
11-30-2012, 04:09 PM
The East is so sad they are garbage take away the Heat and you have your self a second Dleague.

top 5 dumbest post ever on PSD

congrats

DoMeFavors
11-30-2012, 04:14 PM
He is averaging .1 ppg less than Durant and is 3rd in the league in scoring, nice try though

I would take Durant as a scorer so much over Melo, Durant has Wesbrook and Martin...who does Melo have that score? nobody. Melo gets all the shots

KnickaBocka.44
11-30-2012, 04:19 PM
I would take Durant as a scorer so much over Melo, Durant has Wesbrook and Martin...who does Melo have that score? nobody. Melo gets all the shots

You're entitled to think that, but the fact is that he IS putting up scoring numbers like Durant and Kobe and only takes one more shot per game than Kobe and only 2 more than Durant. He is on the best offensive team in the NBA so obviously he has capable scorers on his team as well.

jmoney85
11-30-2012, 04:20 PM
we are barely a month into the season... we will see how efficient he is

knicks=love
11-30-2012, 04:52 PM
i think everyone would take durant over melo if they needed a top scorer on their team, but that doesn't diminish the fact that melo is a top 5 scorer in the league, because he is. obviously it's my opinion he's in the top 5 for strictly scoring abilities, and his defensive flaws in the past have knocked his overall rating down. his level of play this year is proving to me (at least) that he has the capabilities to be a top 10 player in this league.. he's just gotta keep it up on both ends of the floor.

Gram
11-30-2012, 04:55 PM
i think everyone would take durant over melo if they needed a top scorer on their team, but that doesn't diminish the fact that melo is a top 5 scorer in the league, because he is. obviously it's my opinion he's in the top 5 for strictly scoring abilities, and his defensive flaws in the past have knocked his overall rating down. his level of play this year is proving to me (at least) that he has the capabilities to be a top 10 player in this league.. he's just gotta keep it up on both ends of the floor.

I'd rather Durant than Melo on my Pistons. Frontcourt of Durant/Monroe/Drummond. :drool:

krisxsong
11-30-2012, 05:02 PM

Carmelo Anthony is one of the best scorers in the NBA. I would say he's arguably the best scorer.

What bothers me is that first line. IF they needed a top scorer? I think everybody would take Durant over Melo no matter what.

krisxsong
11-30-2012, 05:04 PM

You can make a case that Melo is the best scorer in the NBA.

That being said, the fact that Durant can lead his team to the Finals despite Wesetbrook chucking up shots and that Melo can barely get above a .500 record with Amare says a lot about the two.

Hitman21
11-30-2012, 05:10 PM

blatche couldnt start for the wizards...r u on drugs?:facepalm:

krisxsong
11-30-2012, 05:17 PM

Blatche from last year? Yea he can't start on the Wizards. Blatche from this year? Yes he can and would.

GiantsSwaGG
11-30-2012, 07:05 PM

You shouldn't take that poster serious, we don't!

krisxsong
11-30-2012, 07:29 PM
You shouldn't take that poster serious, we don't!

You might not, but he isn't wrong.

Andray Blatche is playing extremely well. 19-11 per 36 with a PER of 21.

He has enough talent to start at PF for the KNicks most def. I don't know if he would start but there isn't a better PF on their active roster right now.

JEDean89
11-30-2012, 08:33 PM
^^^ carmelo anthony?

WAYNEBO
12-01-2012, 12:15 AM
If you look at the Knicks game this year, in many instances Melo would get pulled from the game when the Knicks were winning by a decent margin.

He's scored 25-30 points a lot this year with most of those points coming early in the game. He's obv one of the best scorers in the NBA...the fact that you are debating this well...nevermind #DMF

wow... Knicks fans have their own DMF. Melo is not the best scorer in the NBA right now. Stat wise or efficency wise.

WAYNEBO
12-01-2012, 12:19 AM
we are barely a month into the season... we will see how efficient he is

It's so funny how the 3 Christmas Trolls always quote sh|t like this, then turn around and pump up their team 15 games into the season. Fricken hypocrites.

Jesse2272
12-01-2012, 12:21 AM
Both teams are impressive

despite schedules

loving this rivalry

the nets are 1 up

lets get it homie cant wait for the rematch

krisxsong
12-01-2012, 01:46 AM
wow... Knicks fans have their own DMF. Melo is not the best scorer in the NBA right now. Stat wise or efficency wise.

Saying that Melo is the best scorer in the game is nothhing compared to wath DMF says.

At least Melo is one of the best scorers.

HaruSoul
12-01-2012, 04:18 AM

He has enough talent to start at PF for the KNicks most def. I don't know if he would start but there isn't a better PF on their active roster right now.

Uhmm melo has been playing the 4 the majority of the year.

GiantsSwaGG
12-01-2012, 04:40 AM

For the start of the season yes, but he's still a cancer and hot head. I don't trust him an pretty soon he'll come down to earth.