PDA

View Full Version : honest question if lebron retired today?

LoveMeOrHateMe
11-29-2012, 07:55 PM
where would he rank on the all-time greatest players list?

b@llhog24
11-29-2012, 08:02 PM
He's closer to 10 than 15.

Raps08-09 Champ
11-29-2012, 08:02 PM
Accidentally voted top 10. Should be top 15. But you can definitely argue he's a top 10 player. Talent wise, he's top 5.

Hawkeye15
11-29-2012, 08:08 PM
11-13. While I believe he has outplayed many ahead of him, he needs to provide the longevity portion, ie, play into his 30's a bit before he can leapfrog a bunch of players.

TheJesus
11-29-2012, 08:12 PM
Ahead of Kobe.

Hawkeye15
11-29-2012, 08:13 PM
Ahead of Kobe.

haha, as much as I would like to agree, if LeBron called it quits today, he ain't passing Kobe.

Bruno
11-29-2012, 08:13 PM
where would he rank on the all-time greatest players list?

you need to clarify your question.

top ten talent and top ten careers are two different things.

JordansBulls
11-29-2012, 08:14 PM
#12 right now. Not sure why #1 and #5 are there unless you are just saying based on talent. But as far as career, #12 is where he is at.

Cal827
11-29-2012, 08:14 PM
Top 5, behind

Jordan
Magic
Wilt
Gram

Bruno
11-29-2012, 08:16 PM
#12 right now. Not sure why #1 and #5 are there unless you are just saying based on talent. But as far as career, #12 is where he is at.

behind Moses, yes?

bucketss
11-29-2012, 08:16 PM

you have him that high?:speechless: i was expecting you to say 20#

TheJesus
11-29-2012, 08:19 PM
haha, as much as I would like to agree, if LeBron called it quits today, he ain't passing Kobe.

I'd put Lebron ahead of a volume scorer, diva who has never made it to the NBA finals without serious help.

Lebron carried the Cavs to the finals. Shows you what ONE player like him can do.

JordansBulls
11-29-2012, 08:21 PM
you have him that high?:speechless: i was expecting you to say 20#

Why?? I told you I don't hate the guy, it may appear that way but I really don't. I just get upset with the double standards for him but other stars don't get it when they lose as the favorite. That was my biggest grief with him.

LoveMeOrHateMe
11-29-2012, 08:21 PM
Ahead of Kobe.

:rolleyes:

TheJesus
11-29-2012, 08:23 PM
:rolleyes:

Yes. Basketball is far more than scoring. Kobe in his prime < Lebron in his prime. Lebron is a better scorer, better defender, better passer, better rebounder - better player.

Better character too, which is important. Never picks fights with his teammates. Never drives all-stars off his team. Never accused of raping anyone.

Lebron James, if he retires today, is a far better complete player, from head to toe, than Kobe Bryant. Who is arguably the most overrated player of our generation.

LoveMeOrHateMe
11-29-2012, 08:25 PM
I'd put Lebron ahead of a volume scorer, diva who has never made it to the NBA finals without serious help.

Lebron carried the Cavs to the finals. Shows you what ONE player like him can do.

he doesnt get out of the first round in the western conference those years... look at the teams he beat? the pistons were the only legit team but they were getting up there in age as a team... give kobe that supporting cast just that one year and he likely does the same but enough of the what if's never happened so moving on... and kobe a volume shooter lol a volume shooter is someone like jamal crawford kevin martin etc. kobe can actually do everything on the court and then some

b@llhog24
11-29-2012, 08:25 PM
you need to clarify your question.

top ten talent and top ten careers are two different things.

Agreed. Like I personally don't believe Kobe is a top 10 talent, but I think he has a top 10 career easily.

TheJesus
11-29-2012, 08:26 PM
he doesnt get out of the first round in the western conference those years... look at the teams he beat? the pistons were the only legit team but they were getting up there in age as a team... give kobe that supporting cast just that one year and he likely does the same but enough of the what if's never happened so moving on... and kobe a volume shooter lol a volume shooter is someone like jamal crawford kevin martin etc. kobe can actually do everything on the court and then some

You continue to play guessing games I'll look at the facts in front of me.

LoveMeOrHateMe
11-29-2012, 08:27 PM
Yes. Basketball is far more than scoring. Kobe in his prime < Lebron in his prime. Lebron is a better scorer, better defender, better passer, better rebounder - better player.

Better character too, which is important. Never picks fights with his teammates. Never drives all-stars off his team. Never accused of raping anyone.

Lebron James, if he retires today, is a far better complete player, from head to toe, than Kobe Bryant. Who is arguably the most overrated player of our generation.

if by prime you add team success then yes i agree but if its individually then no... just imagine what kobe wouldve done those 3 year he couldnt get out of the first round

honestly the reasons why u rank lebron ahead of kobe makes you sound so delusional

TheJesus
11-29-2012, 08:28 PM
if by prime you add team success then yes i agree but if its individually then no... just imagine what kobe wouldve done those 3 year he couldnt get out of the first round

honestly the reasons why u rank lebron ahead of kobe makes you sound so delusional

You're asking me to "imagine" what Kobe could have done if he had more talent. That in itself makes you sound delusional.

LoveMeOrHateMe
11-29-2012, 08:30 PM
You continue to play guessing games I'll look at the facts in front of me.

what facts? that lebron was a known choker?
couldnt get it done by himself?
only showed up for 3 quarters in the finals
left to join 2 other all-stars
got swept in the finals vs a real team i can go on and on buddy :D

RonE Coleman
In before some idiot votes number 1 and we can all bash that person...

Raps08-09 Champ
I'm still waiting as to why you think Lebron doesn't belong in the top 15.

Minimal
11-29-2012, 08:31 PM

Pretty much this.
Although I say he is top 15 right now.

OP created a thread to once again argue who is a greater player Kobe or LBJ and prove everyone how Kobe is greater than LBJ lalala... Kobe has a better career, but he never was on LBJ level as a player.

bucketss
11-29-2012, 08:33 PM
Why?? I told you I don't hate the guy, it may appear that way but I really don't. I just get upset with the double standards for him but other stars don't get it when they lose as the favorite. That was my biggest grief with him.

i feel you but you go a bit too far sometimes though, btw im gonna stop defending lebron from now on lebron debates on this site are getting old and real annoying lol.

Hawkeye15
11-29-2012, 08:35 PM
Agreed. Like I personally don't believe Kobe is a top 10 talent, but I think he has a top 10 career easily.

yep

LoveMeOrHateMe
11-29-2012, 08:39 PM
Pretty much this.

OP created a thread to once again argue who is a greater player Kobe or LBJ and prove everyone how Kobe is greater than LBJ lalala... Kobe has a better career, but he never was on LBJ level as a player.

That wasn't even the case why I started it I know Kobe ranks higher I just wanted to know how many people actually thinks lebron is a top 10 player already

LoveMeOrHateMe
11-29-2012, 08:41 PM
He's 16-17 at the moment for me so I voted top 15 since 15 is closer to 16-17 then 20

jaydubb
11-29-2012, 09:17 PM
Pretty much this.

Nobody started the LBJ/Kobe comparisons until Lebron fans walked in.. I personally think it's ridiculous to argue it because both fan bases are convinced they have the better player.. Why does kobe always get brought up? Seriously.. He was brought up by 3 or so non laker fans outta nowhere.. :confused:

Onto the thread, I'd say if Lebron hung em up today he'd be top 20 no doubt. He's accomplished so much in his career so far, most players don't accomplish those things in their entire life. I think he will eventually end up being top 5 for sure, he has so much time left in his career. :)