PDA

View Full Version : What's Going On With Hickson?

JasonJohnHorn
11-29-2012, 09:58 AM
I remember in LBJ's last season in Cleveland there were rumours about an Amare trade being killed because the Suns wanted Hickson sent back to them in the deal. At the time a lot of people were high on Hickson, but then after a decnet season with starting minutes he was traded to Sac-town, Omri Casspi and a 1st rounder. Then Sac-town got little use out of him and they ended up waiving him? He was shooting a low FG%.

Soo he signed with Portland, finished up the season and stayed with the team. Now he's averaging a double-double with onyl 30 minutes a game and shooting over .500 from the floor. And he's averaging like 14 boards per36 (the highest of his career). It seems had James stayed around for Anderson-V and Hickson to develop he'd had two studly rebounders in the front court (something MIA is utterly lacking).

I haven't gotten to watch Hickson this season, so I don't know how his defence is, but if this kid finally turning into something special? He's had some monster rebounding nights so far this year.

Thoughts on Hickson? Did Sac-town and Cleveland make a mistake in letting this kid go?

JiffyMix88
11-29-2012, 10:08 AM
LBJ won a championship and to choose those two players over DWade and Chris Bosh is well...dumb.

And no they didn't make a mistake

JasonJohnHorn
11-29-2012, 10:17 AM
LBJ won a championship and to choose those two players over DWade and Chris Bosh is well...dumb.

I'm not saying LBJ made a mistake going wit Wade and Bosh, I'm just saying if he had stayed he would have had two stduly rebounders to work with.

Cavs_Fan24
11-29-2012, 10:20 AM
We let go of Hickson because he had conflicting issues with byron scott, and we were really high on Tristan Thompson who is looking pretty good right now.

But i could always see this potential in JJs game, i wish we would have given him more time. Kid is a hustler on the court and i love that about his game !

Bravo95
11-29-2012, 10:24 AM
The Suns wanted more than just Hickson.

Gram
11-29-2012, 10:33 AM
Not a big fan of Hickson, but he's pretty good.

ZHawk1123
11-29-2012, 10:38 AM
I've always liked Hickson... He's like a better Brandon Bass

Heediot
11-29-2012, 10:41 AM
I think James had enough talent for a title in Cleveland, because James by himself is THAT GOOD. What he needed was a security blanket and that was Wade. Wade alleviates some of the mental pressure and burden off his shoulders. I gained respect for James during last year's playoff run, and I know once he got the title and the monkey off his back James will be even better because he'll be playing more freely and instinctively rather than self-consciously.

bucketss
11-29-2012, 10:41 AM
i think he needed a good offensive big man rather than rebounders.

Chronz
11-29-2012, 01:12 PM
I'm not saying LBJ made a mistake going wit Wade and Bosh, I'm just saying if he had stayed he would have had two stduly rebounders to work with.

Thats actually a bad thing.

DreamShaker
11-29-2012, 01:26 PM
Thats actually a bad thing.

Not saying I disagree, but I'm curious for elaboration

LAKobeBryant
11-29-2012, 01:33 PM
People forget that your stats going up when your stars out of town. You think Varajao and hickson can both avg double double while lebron there? Then lebron will avg 18pt 4 reb? Like do you see bosh avg 20-10 in Miami?

JasonJohnHorn
11-29-2012, 03:05 PM
People forget that your stats going up when your stars out of town. You think Varajao and hickson can both avg double double while lebron there? Then lebron will avg 18pt 4 reb? Like do you see bosh avg 20-10 in Miami?

anderson-V and Hickson get a lot of their baskets on offensive rebounds... you don't have to run plays for them... I would expect that were Hickson and Anderson-V playing side by side, neither would be averaging around 14 rebounds per36 minutes, but they would both be getting double digit rebounds. Their points isn't a big deal... I just think it would have been interesting to see LBJ playing with a strong rebounding front court.

As for Bosh, I expected a drop in his points... but not his rebounding...

Randy West
11-29-2012, 03:08 PM
He has a starting role on a decent team for the first time in his career. That will usually help bring out the best in you.

I can't speak for the Cav's situation but in Sacramento he didn't seem very interested. He didn't hustle much plus the coach and management. He wasn't going to put his best effort forward for the Kings but he plays his heart out for the Blazers.

heyman321
11-29-2012, 03:11 PM
Hickson is trash.

LAKobeBryant
11-29-2012, 03:38 PM
anderson-V and Hickson get a lot of their baskets on offensive rebounds... you don't have to run plays for them... I would expect that were Hickson and Anderson-V playing side by side, neither would be averaging around 14 rebounds per36 minutes, but they would both be getting double digit rebounds. Their points isn't a big deal... I just think it would have been interesting to see LBJ playing with a strong rebounding front court.

As for Bosh, I expected a drop in his points... but not his rebounding...

But my point is your stats are obviously not going to decrease when your playing with a team worse than before. You'll get more opportunity to score, rebound and play more.

topdog
11-29-2012, 07:46 PM
I was surprised that Portland essentially had no competition to re-sign him. I thought he'd be a nice athletic compliment to the round and burly mounds which are Kevin Love and Nikola Pekovic.

Raps18-19 Champ
11-29-2012, 07:47 PM
No one here was high on Hickson. Only Gilbert was since he cost cheap compared to Amare.

bholly
11-29-2012, 08:27 PM
The Suns wanted more than just Hickson.

This.

It's so funny that the Hickson/Amar'e rubbish lives on here. It's been denied from both sides a number of times. It didn't happen. It was just a false story that took hold because dumb people on forums like to repeat it.

LeonFSU
11-29-2012, 09:04 PM
Hickson is trash.

Do you think Ed Davis is better?