PDA

View Full Version : Amar'e willing to come off the bench

knicks=love
11-29-2012, 12:09 AM
Amar'e Stoudemire would accept a role as the New York Knicks' sixth man if asked, two sources with knowledge of Stoudemire's thinking told ESPNNewYork.com.

"All he cares about right now is helping the team and winning," said one source, who has been around Stoudemire regularly in recent weeks. "He'd be fine with coming off the bench if that's what they want."

Stoudemire hasn't spoken with reporters since suffering a left knee injury in the preseason. He's been rehabilitating his knee following arthroscopic surgery for the past four weeks and is expected to miss at least another two weeks.

There has been speculation about what role Stoudemire will play once he returns.

Many believe Stoudemire would be a better fit coming off the bench for coach Mike Woodson's team. Stoudemire and Carmelo Anthony have had a tough time developing cohesion on offense -- the Knicks have a losing record while the two stars are in the same starting lineup.

Both Anthony and Stoudemire are effective operating in isolation around the elbow, which is just one reason why they haven't had success while sharing the floor together.

Additionally, Stoudemire and Knicks starting center Tyson Chandler are seen by some as a bad match when paired together.

Chandler is the Knicks' primary screener on the pick-and-roll, a role Stoudemire has thrived throughout his career.

Woodson has been evasive when asked about Stoudemire's role once he returns. Woodson has said in the past his players wouldn't lose their starting roles because of injury. But Woodson also hasn't committed to re-inserting Stoudemire into the starting lineup.

"I'm going to address that when we get to that point," Woodson said last week. "Right now, I'm just taking it a day at a time and work the guys we have in uniform."

A source close to Stoudemire who has visited with the veteran power forward recently said Stoudemire wants to help the Knicks, who were 9-4 entering play Wednesday, and doesn't want to affect any chemistry the team has established.

"He just wants to win," the source says. "He sees how well they're playing and just wants to help. He'll be fine with whatever they want to do."

Woodson may choose to bring Stoudemire off the bench initially to help him work his way back into game shape. One league source says the Knicks are hesitant to take Jason Kidd out of the starting lineup to make room for Stoudemire.

Stoudemire, a 10-year veteran, is coming off a down year in which he averaged 17.5 points and 7.9 rebounds per game -- the lowest full-season totals since his rookie season.

He worked diligently over the summer to regain his form, spending time with Hakeem Olajuwon to incorporate post moves into his offensive repertoire. Stoudemire was confident in the preseason he could bounce back this season. But he suffered a knee injury that originally was thought to be a bone bruise, but later diagnosed as a ruptured cyst in his left knee.

Stoudemire's left knee has been an issue in the past. He underwent microfracture surgery in October 2005, but bounced back well from the procedure.

One NBA team doctor told ESPNNewYork.com that Stoudemire was the best example of a player regaining his form after microfracture surgery.

Still, the procedure can be a red flag for teams. Stoudemire's contract with the Knicks -- five years, $100 million -- is uninsured because of his history of knee issues.

thoughts on it? i think he's better off coming off the bench. benefits us more with melo excelling at the PF right now.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/8688804/amare-stoudemire-new-york-knicks-accept-sixth-man-role-sources-say

justinnum1
11-29-2012, 12:13 AM
Sounds good, until him and melo and tyson need to be on the court at the same time. I think that is what will be interesting.

Blitzace137
11-29-2012, 12:18 AM
Amare won't come off the bench long term, maybe to start off but that's about it. Woodson is old school I expect Amare to be our starter.

BigBlueCrew
11-29-2012, 12:24 AM
Well this is gonna be boring....

How is the media gonna speculate day after day if Melo and Amare can work well together in Woodson's system.

If Melo and Amare have to be on the floor at the same time, Woody is probably just substituting for someone having a off night. But those questions can get answered later.

Chill_Will_24
11-29-2012, 12:24 AM
Great news for the Knicks

TheJesus
11-29-2012, 12:26 AM
Amar'e off the bench is about the only way he stays healthy.

OaktownRaider92
11-29-2012, 12:33 AM
Pau should take notes

shep33
11-29-2012, 12:33 AM
I love it by Amare. :clap:

Great teammate

AI
11-29-2012, 12:42 AM
Sounds good, until him and melo and tyson need to be on the court at the same time. I think that is what will be interesting.

First it was that Amare would ruin our chemistry. Now that Amare agrees to come off the bench (which actually makes NY much better) you make up a new excuse. What's next?

b@llhog24
11-29-2012, 12:43 AM
Stas has always been a good teammate imo. He works hard, is a decent leader/locker room presence, and tries to put his team on his back whenever he can. He just sucks balls on D.

DoMeFavors
11-29-2012, 12:44 AM
Whats he supposed to do? Just not play?

Captain Moroni
11-29-2012, 12:45 AM

Except now they actually have some PGs. Amare playing off the bench with Felton Kidd and Prigioni........could be sick.
Mike Bibby, toney Douglas, not so much

AddiX
11-29-2012, 12:47 AM

We heard you the last 100x you said it.

heyman321
11-29-2012, 12:47 AM
wow NIX ARE BAK

jmoney85
11-29-2012, 12:48 AM
knicks forum

Evolution23
11-29-2012, 12:50 AM
Except now they actually have some PGs. Amare playing off the bench with Felton Kidd and Prigioni........could be sick.
Mike Bibby, toney Douglas, not so much

Yea. This. So much this.

LAKobeBryant
11-29-2012, 12:51 AM
good, he doesnt want to mess up their chemistry. but i think amare will close the games anyways

meloman1592
11-29-2012, 12:55 AM
this will work and i will laugh at psd and the media when it does

BklynKnicks3
11-29-2012, 12:59 AM
haters just got one less thing to talk about love it #knickstape #3tothehead

jmoney85
11-29-2012, 01:15 AM
says the guy who called melo the 2nd best player in the league

L@L

IversonIsKrazy
11-29-2012, 01:25 AM
Not gunna lie, very impressed with Amar'e. He's not being a diva whatsover, being a real team player. However if I am the NY franchise, I would trade him and his $100m contract for a PF or PG they can actually start.

WAYNEBO
11-29-2012, 01:32 AM
JustinNumbnut and DoMeFlavors troll anything Knicks related. Why so interested???

Pablo, JR and STAT coming in 2nd qtr will crush anybody's bench -- love it.

jmoney85
11-29-2012, 01:36 AM
JustinNumbnut and DoMeFlavors troll anything Knicks related. Why so interested???

okkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk buddy.... whatever makes you sleep at night

meloman1592
11-29-2012, 01:51 AM

the floor spacing would be great

WAYNEBO
11-29-2012, 01:59 AM
okkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk buddy.... whatever makes you sleep at night

1/3 of the famous Nets Stooges --> fuq off buddy.

Im_in_Mia_bish
11-29-2012, 02:01 AM
whether he starts or comes off the bench, hes going to play 35-40 mins, so hwo the f does it make a diff if hes coming off the bench?

ThunderousDemon
11-29-2012, 02:05 AM
I think this is news that only Knicks fans in the Knicks forum would like to hear about, you catch my drift OP?

jmoney85
11-29-2012, 02:05 AM
1/3 of the famous Nets Stooges --> fuq off buddy.

1/100 of the knicks stooges

WAYNEBO
11-29-2012, 02:09 AM
1/100 of the knicks stooges

HOLY SH|T... you've made an infamous PSD reference original again.

championships
11-29-2012, 02:10 AM
Is he willing to take a pay cut also??

Paying that for a player on the bench is insane.

WAYNEBO
11-29-2012, 02:15 AM

Who cares as long as they win games because of it? Its not our money. Funny this is commented on by a Lakers fan.

mngopher35
11-29-2012, 02:16 AM
whether he starts or comes off the bench, hes going to play 35-40 mins, so hwo the f does it make a diff if hes coming off the bench?

I think the key is that he can get all the minutes with the second unit now and not ruin the knicks starting lineup. In the end I assume they will need to find a way to get him melo and chandler to work on the floor together but this means that his return should be pretty easy since hes willing to do whatever is best for the team.

Im_in_Mia_bish
11-29-2012, 02:18 AM
I think the key is that he can get all the minutes with the second unit now and not ruin the knicks starting lineup. In the end I assume they will need to find a way to get him melo and chandler to work on the floor together but this means that his return should be pretty easy since hes willing to do whatever is best for the team.

it should be interesting.

jp611
11-29-2012, 02:20 AM
This is good for amare and the Knicks

Amare can be the main guy on the 2nd unit

They are playing great ball without him now but if he can come back and give 25-30 minutes a night off the bench it could work well

Knicks are looking good this season

Gritz
11-29-2012, 02:45 AM
You don't get paid that much money to come off the bench

Avenged
11-29-2012, 02:48 AM
Surprised by this. Good news for the Knicks but bench or not, Amare is still going to have to deliver.

HeaTxRipZz
11-29-2012, 02:48 AM
Phenomenal

AI
11-29-2012, 02:49 AM
You don't get paid that much money to come off the bench

If it's beneficial for the team, then who cares? He'll be a supersub for us, regardless of what he is being payed.

Starting 5: PG Felton, SG Shumpert, SF Brewer, PF Melo, C Chandler
Bench: PG Kidd, SG J.R., SF Novak, PF Amare, C Rasheed/Camby

HeaTxRipZz
11-29-2012, 02:50 AM
If it's beneficial for the team, then who cares? He'll be a supersub for us, regardless of what he is being payed.

The way we looked without Kidd he won't go to the bench when Shump is ready.

AddiX
11-29-2012, 02:51 AM

This coming from a lakers fan? Highest payroll in the NBA, and give the roster to a ****** with a mustache. :facepalm:

AI
11-29-2012, 02:55 AM
The way we looked without Kidd he won't go to the bench when Shump is ready.

Quite different lineup with Shump instead of Kurt Thomas (in regards to the Nets game w/o Kidd).

HeaTxRipZz
11-29-2012, 03:00 AM
Quite different lineup with Shump instead of Kurt Thomas (in regards to the Nets game w/o Kidd).

Check out a few statistics when Kidd is out. I haven't seen what happened in tonight's game but the team plays a lot better with him on the court making smart passes and playing good defense. Shumpert as much as I love him is not a good fit next to Felton. With Kidd in both Melo and Felton are better players. Shumpert doesn't have that same level of basketball IQ as Kidd does.

I also value facilitators ALOT. Kidd has showed his value to this team he shouldn't be moved to the bench

RonE Coleman
11-29-2012, 03:25 AM
wow NIX ARE BAK

wow Craptors never were here:speechless:

Gritz
11-29-2012, 03:35 AM

What do you mean "for us"? Don't you like the 76ers?

nickdymez
11-29-2012, 04:17 AM
Pau should take notes

This

nickdymez
11-29-2012, 04:19 AM
Coming off the bench makes good players look great

seikou8
11-29-2012, 04:19 AM
Who cares as long as they win games because of it? Its not our money. Funny this is commented on by a Lakers fan.

this

Knicks21
11-29-2012, 04:48 AM
Phenomenal

Good call hahahaha :clap:

GiantsSwaGG
11-29-2012, 04:51 AM

:facepalm:

NYYCowboys
11-29-2012, 04:51 AM
If this is indeed true, I will respect the hell out of Amare because most players with his resume would not be cool with this. Just goes to show you that he's a great teammate and truly cares about winning.

Hawkeye15
11-29-2012, 05:16 AM
I actually don't mind Stat, he seems to be a good teammate, a good guy, and I think he will do whats beneficial for the team. And that SHOULD be starting Melo at the 4, and Stat coming off the bench.

SportsFanatic10
11-29-2012, 05:19 AM
pretty cool that he can check his ego like that, will be interesting to see if it actually happens. i think it makes sense for the knicks to give it a shot, could work great for them.

calibird707
11-29-2012, 05:22 AM
STAT will kill it off the bench...he will have the space to work the pick n roll with the second unit

kblo247
11-29-2012, 07:02 AM
I support the move but wonder what it does to Sheed more than anything, Sheed has been solid, better than his last RS in Boston IMO.

But a bench of JR, Brewer, Novak, Amare would be good if they let Sheed start

kblo247
11-29-2012, 07:03 AM
Won't lie though this sentiment just makes me wish Pau would say the same damn words to better LA, and makes the Pau-Amare rumor less bad imo

knicks=love
11-29-2012, 08:46 AM
I think this is news that only Knicks fans in the Knicks forum would like to hear about, you catch my drift OP?

No, I don't understand what you're saying. Can you please go into further detail since I'm a Knicks fan and I have no idea what the **** you're talking about?

SteBO
11-29-2012, 08:52 AM
If true, then good for Amare and the Knicks. He could do alot of good things coming off the bench as a 6th man.

strahan92osi72
11-29-2012, 09:13 AM
Eventhough he's coming off the bench, I think he will be getting close to starter's minutes. Look at JR right now, he's getting 33 minutes a game off the bench. This is great news for the Knicks, but make no mistake Melo and Amare will still be on the floor together because Melo plays 36-40 minutes a night. I think they'll figure it out though, the Knicks were 8-2 under Woodson with Melo and Amare.

jp611
11-29-2012, 10:05 AM

Wrong. I'm a Bulls fan and I like to talk about all teams

JordansBulls
11-29-2012, 10:30 AM
That actually benefits the Knicks big time. My only thing with this is do you want a guy who you are paying 20 million a year though to come off the bench?

nycericanguy
11-29-2012, 10:40 AM
We heard you the last 100x you said it.

You don't exactly get to 46k posts in 2 years by coming up with fresh new ideas every time.

nycericanguy
11-29-2012, 10:42 AM

Theres no way he plays 35-40mpg anymore. They don't need him to and that would be dumb at this stage of his career.

Last year he played 32mpg and still put up 17 & 8.

I imagine he'd be a 25-28mpg super sub. Thats all NY needs from him. He'd be one of the better bigs off the bench in the NBA.

nycericanguy
11-29-2012, 10:46 AM
That actually benefits the Knicks big time. My only thing with this is do you want a guy who you are paying 20 million a year though to come off the bench?

what does that really mean? Why does it matter? Its not like he JUST signed the deal and he's coming off the bench. He has 2 years left after this year, who cares how much he makes?

If he made $10m NY would still have the exact same cap situation... its irrelevant.

greg_ory_2005
11-29-2012, 10:53 AM
He should come off the bench. The Knicks are playing great right now. No need to make any big changes to the starting lineup.

JayW_1023
11-29-2012, 11:28 AM
Which is what he should've done last year.

jmoney85
11-29-2012, 12:12 PM
max money bench player

:laugh:

RonE Coleman
11-29-2012, 12:22 PM
max money bench player

Coming from a Net fan who has Joe Johnson right? :facepalm:

JasonJohnHorn
11-29-2012, 12:27 PM
This guy is a starter. There is no need to have him coming off the bench. Woodson is a good coach and should be able to work something out that works for everybody.

You have to remember that Amare was on a team in Phoenix that had practuically 4 20-point scorers in the starting line up.

The problem last season was 'Antoni running the pick-and-roll with Chandler when they should have been run with Amare. I think Woodson will be smart enough to run the P&R with Amare and let Melo work the elbow... I mean, you can't run the same play every time, you have to have different options on the floor and that is what Amare will bring.

People are talking lke the Knicks are still undefeated and running up scores every game. They are 4-4 over the last 8 games, and one of those games was a blow out by the Rocktes. They NEED something else on the floor there if they want to be an elite team. They beat Orlando, a short-handed 76ers, a short handed Mavs team, aPistons roster who had the most losses of the season at that point, and the Bucks who were a lottery team last year, and had a couple nice wins against the Heat and the Spurs. It's not like NY is playing as such an elite level that they have put themselves head-and-shoulders above every other team in the league. They had a nice start the first 5 games and have been a .500 team since. They NEED more on the floor than what they got. There is a lot of room for improvement for NY.

29$JerZ
11-29-2012, 12:31 PM
Amar'e will benfit greatly from having Pablo/Kidd set him up. Amar'e can't work with Tyson.
I think Pablo/Smith/Novak/STAT coming off the bench is very potent. Now if only Camby didn't look so bad right now.

Sly Guy
11-29-2012, 12:31 PM
he must really not want to play under coach D again.

nycericanguy
11-29-2012, 12:56 PM
This guy is a starter. There is no need to have him coming off the bench. Woodson is a good coach and should be able to work something out that works for everybody.

You have to remember that Amare was on a team in Phoenix that had practuically 4 20-point scorers in the starting line up.

The problem last season was 'Antoni running the pick-and-roll with Chandler when they should have been run with Amare. I think Woodson will be smart enough to run the P&R with Amare and let Melo work the elbow... I mean, you can't run the same play every time, you have to have different options on the floor and that is what Amare will bring.

People are talking lke the Knicks are still undefeated and running up scores every game. They are 4-4 over the last 8 games, and one of those games was a blow out by the Rocktes. They NEED something else on the floor there if they want to be an elite team. They beat Orlando, a short-handed 76ers, a short handed Mavs team, aPistons roster who had the most losses of the season at that point, and the Bucks who were a lottery team last year, and had a couple nice wins against the Heat and the Spurs. It's not like NY is playing as such an elite level that they have put themselves head-and-shoulders above every other team in the league. They had a nice start the first 5 games and have been a .500 team since. They NEED more on the floor than what they got. There is a lot of room for improvement for NY.

Knicks have had one of the toughest SOS's in the league... (strength of schedule based on opponents winning %).

Losing to a HOU team on the road is nothing to be ashamed of, HOU is a good young team.

And people need to stop saying PHI is shorthanded, as of now and for the foreseeable future, Bynum is not a part of that team and may never play a game for them. They are still 9-6 and they are still a very good team.

Yes they are 4-4 in their last 8 games, is that so horrible? They could have easily won @ DAL and @ BK, but often things don't go your way on the road late in games. Most of those games have been on the road, the great teams take care of business at home, where NY is undefeated and 16-1 under Woodson. You're trying too hard to nitpick at NY. Bottom line is they've been one of the better teams in the NBA on BOTH ends against a very tough schedule, while missing several key players.

Amare is better suited off the bench, Prigs LOVES the P&R and would flourish with Amare in that role.

LongIslandIcedZ
11-29-2012, 01:03 PM
max money bench player

Manu comes off the bench..

Idk if he is getting the max, but him coming off the bench has worked.

nickdymez
11-29-2012, 01:08 PM
Coming from a Net fan who has Joe Johnson right? :facepalm:

Joe Johnson is coming off the bench?

RonE Coleman
11-29-2012, 03:19 PM
Joe Johnson is coming off the bench?

No but he is the most over payed player in the league.

And wtf does bench or starting have to do with anything?

Hes still gonna play 30 min a game whether he starts or comes off the bench. Its woodsons job to make sure they can all mesh somehow.

Only difference is a starter gets his name announced, its more important to finish games then start them anyways.

jmoney85
11-29-2012, 03:22 PM
No but he is the most over payed player in the league.

And wtf does bench or starting have to do with anything?

Hes still gonna play 30 min a game whether he starts or comes off the bench. Its woodsons job to make sure they can all mesh somehow.

Only difference is a starter gets his name announced, its more important to finish games then start them anyways.

amare is the most overpayed player in the league... take off the homer glasses for once

RonE Coleman
11-29-2012, 03:29 PM
amare is the most overpayed player in the league... take off the homer glasses for once

How is amare more over payed then joe johnson? JJ is signed for an extra year than amare with a cap hit of 25 million in his final year.

Amare in his worst season (last year) still put up better numbers than Johnson.

So why don't you take off the homer glasses :facepalm:

jmoney85
11-29-2012, 03:33 PM
How is amare more over payed then joe johnson? JJ is signed for an extra year than amare with a cap hit of 25 million in his final year.

Amare in his worst season (last year) still put up better numbers than Johnson.

So why don't you take off the homer glasses :facepalm:

amare is good scorer... yes I know this

But he's a mediocre rebounder and a GOD AWFUL defender.... knicks fans would be ecstatic if somebody took amare for a mcdonalds happy meal toy.. if joe johnson was traded the nets would decline severely

thats the difference between the 2 players

KnickaBocka.44
11-29-2012, 03:40 PM

But he's a mediocre rebounder and a GOD AWFUL defender.... knicks fans would be ecstatic if somebody took amare for a mcdonalds happy meal toy.. if joe johnson was traded the nets would decline severely

The Joe Johnson vs. Amare debate for the league's worst contract is a legitimate one. However the only reason Knicks fans were willing to trade amare for basically anything is because they were were afraid he would come back and mess up such a great start by the team this year. By saying what you did in the bold you are also eluding to Marshon Brooks not being capable of filling the void on the offensive end.

RonE Coleman
11-29-2012, 03:43 PM

Lmao he averages 9 rebounds a game for his career, thats so terrible :facepalm:

First off were only just into the season, good luck with JJ in the playoffs. Hes a perennial choker come playoff time. And the reason why the Knicks can play without amare for now is because we have a ton of depth unlike the Nets who have 2 quality guys on the bench in blatch and evans so far.

I guarantee if the Nets called offering JJ for Amare the Knicks would not take that deal EVER.

jmoney85
11-29-2012, 03:44 PM
The Joe Johnson vs. Amare debate for the league's worst contract is a legitimate one. However the only reason Knicks fans were willing to trade amare for basically anything is because they were were afraid he would come back and mess up such a great start by the team this year. By saying what you did in the bold you are also eluding to Marshon Brooks not being capable of filling the void on the offensive end.

well you just proved my point lol

you're making max money and the fans are scared you're going to make the team worse lol

marshon brooks is not joe johnson and not even close to his level... johnsons shooting has been off this year but everything else is on point

Ebbs
11-29-2012, 03:47 PM
The problem than arises that JR, Novak, and Amare are all offensive minded players coming in to do just that. Help some aspect of the the offense. You're looking at a lot of touches offensively from secondatry players and minimal defernse.

jmoney85
11-29-2012, 03:51 PM
Lmao he averages 9 rebounds a game for his career, thats so terrible :facepalm:

First off were only just into the season, good luck with JJ in the playoffs. Hes a perennial choker come playoff time. And the reason why the Knicks can play without amare for now is because we have a ton of depth unlike the Nets who have 2 quality guys on the bench in blatch and evans so far.

I guarantee if the Nets called offering JJ for Amare the Knicks would not take that deal EVER.

#1... last season amare had a 13.7 TRR... mediocre for his pay

#2 ... Im confident with JJ in the playoffs because he is our #3 option unlike atlanta

#3 ... the nets have a better bench http://www.hoopsstats.com/basketball/fantasy/nba/teamstats/13/7/eff/1-3

#4 .... the nets would never call the knicks for amare because nobody is dumb enough to do such a thing

drink coke, try again

GiantsSwaGG
11-29-2012, 03:55 PM
max money bench player

Max money Joe :laugh:

KnickaBocka.44
11-29-2012, 03:58 PM
well you just proved my point lol

you're making max money and the fans are scared you're going to make the team worse lol

marshon brooks is not joe johnson and not even close to his level... johnsons shooting has been off this year but everything else is on point

Well when you start off undefeated for the first 6 games then anything less than perfection would be messing it up. Now that we hit a bit of a rough spot a lot of the fans have come back down to the reality that we need another scorer like Amare to share the load with Melo.

jmoney85
11-29-2012, 04:00 PM
Well when you start off undefeated for the first 6 games then anything less than perfection would be messing it up. Now that we hit a bit of a rough spot a lot of the fans have come back down to the reality that we need another scorer like Amare to share the load with Melo.

the knicks are #1 in offense in the nba

and middle of the road defensively... if amare comes back you are going to be worse defensively

amare will not upgrade

Robbw241
11-29-2012, 04:01 PM
Good news for the Knicks

KnickaBocka.44
11-29-2012, 04:01 PM
The problem than arises that JR, Novak, and Amare are all offensive minded players coming in to do just that. Help some aspect of the the offense. You're looking at a lot of touches offensively from secondatry players and minimal defernse.

With the exception of the game last night J.R. has actually been awesome on defense, but for the most part I see what you're saying. Sheed will still get minutes off the bench though when Melo slides to the 3, as will Camby as the season progresses, and they are both still very solid defenders who don't require tons of shots.

KnickaBocka.44
11-29-2012, 04:02 PM

and middle of the road defensively... if amare comes back you are going to be worse defensively

amare will not upgrade

Thanks Miss Cleo, now tell me what stocks to purchase.

jmoney85
11-29-2012, 04:04 PM
Thanks Miss Cleo, now tell me what stocks to purchase.

dont be mad because I dropped the truth lol

KnickaBocka.44
11-29-2012, 04:08 PM
dont be mad because I dropped the truth lol

The only thing you dropped with that comment is your credibility. Just because a team is the best at something doesn't mean that they can't get better at it, and in turn become better overall.

jmoney85
11-29-2012, 04:16 PM
The only thing you dropped with that comment is your credibility. Just because a team is the best at something doesn't mean that they can't get better at it, and in turn become better overall.

you can get better offensively but your defense would drop.... that should be common sense

KnickaBocka.44
11-29-2012, 04:17 PM
you can get better offensively but your defense would drop.... that should be common sense

Not if he is playing against other teams 2nd stringers more often...that should also be common sense.

jmoney85
11-29-2012, 04:19 PM
Not if he is playing against other teams 2nd stringers more often...that should also be common sense.

you said he should be playing a min of 30 mins a game... if thats the case he wont be playing against 2nd stringers most of the time.

KnickaBocka.44
11-29-2012, 04:22 PM
you said he should be playing a min of 30 mins a game... if thats the case he wont be playing against 2nd stringers most of the time.

That actually wasn't me who said that. But even then his minutes against opposing starting PF's aren't at the level they used to be.

knicks=love
11-29-2012, 05:10 PM
holy ****, who gives two ****s who's contract is worse. they both don't ****ing deserve their respected contract. end of discussion.

jesus christ, it's like babysitting two little ****ing girls fighting over which barbie has better hair.

WAYNEBO
11-29-2012, 05:21 PM
holy ****, who gives two ****s who's contract is worse. they both don't ****ing deserve their respected contract. end of discussion.

jesus christ, it's like babysitting two little ****ing girls fighting over which barbie has better hair.

Bahahahahaha!

LongIslandIcedZ
11-29-2012, 05:33 PM

Winner.

WAYNEBO
11-29-2012, 05:37 PM

amare will not upgrade

Your insecure posts have the transparency of a baby on laughing gas. Why do you insist on displaying your worst DoMeFavors impression?

STAT in the 2nd unit is no worse defensively than bigs Kurt, Sheed or Novak. And as far as middle of the road D... really? I can quote stats, but I'll just call Bullsh|t. Your non-biased fan friends would masturbate to having Tyson, Shump, or even Brewer and Kidd on the bench.

Fuqin homer.

jmoney85
11-29-2012, 05:39 PM
Your insecure posts have the transparency of a baby on laughing gas. Why do you insist on displaying your worst DoMeFavors impression?

STAT in the 2nd unit is no worse defensively than bigs Kurt, Sheed or Novak. And as far as middle of the road D... really? I can quote stats, but I'll just call Bullsh|t. Your non-biased fan friends would masturbate to having Tyson, Shump, or even Brewer and Kidd on the bench.

Fuqin homer.

can you stop being a moron for ONCE?

http://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/teamstats/_/sort/defensiveEff/order/false

LongIslandIcedZ
11-29-2012, 05:41 PM
Up until this point the Knicks are 14th in the league in defensive efficiency.

At this point, can any stat really be relied on as the be all end all? Knicks have played one of the toughest schedules in the NBA and are still only .6 behind the Nets in defensive efficieny. Whereas, their 7 ahead in offensive efficiency.

Sample size. Its helpful.

jmoney85
11-29-2012, 05:42 PM
and yea I would like kidd as our backup PG... we could have had him if we wanted but we declined... but why would I want any of those other players when our best is near the top in the league ? lol

knicks=love
11-29-2012, 05:46 PM
and yea I would like kidd as our backup PG... we could have had him if we wanted but we declined... but why would I want any of those other players when our best is near the top in the league ? lol

wrong. kidd never agreed to go there. he was going to accept the contract cuban gave him and went to new york last second unexpectedly.

WAYNEBO
11-29-2012, 05:47 PM

What a fricken idiot. Do you dream in cartoons also?

jmoney85
11-29-2012, 05:48 PM
wrong. kidd never agreed to go there. he was going to accept the contract cuban gave him and went to new york last second unexpectedly.

kidd said publicly that he wanted to be dwills backup wherever he went.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&ved=0CDYQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.slamonline.com%2Fonline%2Fnba %2F2012%2F06%2Fderon-williams-and-jason-kidd-are-reportedly-a-package-deal%2F&ei=3te3UIuzDIj-0gGj3ID4Dw&usg=AFQjCNHtbgYiwi29cmz3479pEYrp2Fm2wA

he wanted more than the vet minimum so we couldnt sign him

BigBlueCrew
11-29-2012, 05:48 PM

and you say your not a homer????? :cool:

cmon man, just admit it. The first step is to admit the problem.

jmoney85
11-29-2012, 05:49 PM
What a fricken idiot. Do you dream in cartoons also?

when you lose an internet argument

just insult the person

it always works!!

jmoney85
11-29-2012, 05:50 PM
and you say your not a homer????? :cool:

cmon man, just admit it. The first step is to admit the problem.

whats homerish about that post?... its the truth... kidd wanted to be dwill's backup

knicks=love
11-29-2012, 05:50 PM
kidd said publicly that he wanted to be dwills backup wherever he went.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&ved=0CDYQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.slamonline.com%2Fonline%2Fnba %2F2012%2F06%2Fderon-williams-and-jason-kidd-are-reportedly-a-package-deal%2F&ei=3te3UIuzDIj-0gGj3ID4Dw&usg=AFQjCNHtbgYiwi29cmz3479pEYrp2Fm2wA

he wanted more than the vet minimum so we couldnt sign him

...which means YOU didn't decline him. he declined you.

i win.

knicks=love
11-29-2012, 05:51 PM
whats homerish about that post?... its the truth... kidd wanted to be dwill's backup

look how that turned out.

AI
11-29-2012, 05:51 PM
Why do people keep responding to jmoney? Don't feed the troll.

WAYNEBO
11-29-2012, 05:52 PM
Dear Nets Stooge,

The collective powers of the NBA would like to apologize for the Nets not getting Melo, Dwight Howard or even JKidd. We also sincerely apologize the Nets were forced to buy 3 overpriced players just to keep another overpriced player.

Sincerely,

The NBA

jmoney85
11-29-2012, 05:52 PM
look how that turned out.

yea you paid more for him lol

dont act like he fairly chose between the 2 teams

thats nonsense

AI
11-29-2012, 05:53 PM
http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/misc.php?do=whoposted&t=783640

Obvious troll is obvious.

jmoney85
11-29-2012, 05:54 PM
Dear Nets Stooge,

The collective powers of the NBA would like to apologize for the Nets not getting Melo, Dwight Howard or even JKidd. We also sincerely apologize the Nets were forced to buy 3 overpriced players just to keep another overpriced player.

Sincerely,

The NBA

very insightful post.... such a pleasure to read

29$JerZ

:laugh2:

Gram
^ Do that again, Gram wants to be on that list.

jmoney85

you obviously dont even know what trolling is

BigBlueCrew
11-29-2012, 05:56 PM
yea you paid more for him lol

dont act like he fairly chose between the 2 teams

thats nonsense

you act as though he's getting a huge boost in salary from the Knicks from the vets minimum.

You spent it all on your third option. Thats your fault

jmoney85
11-29-2012, 05:57 PM
you act as though he's getting a huge boost in salary from the Knicks from the vets minimum.

You spent it all on your third option. Thats your fault

I never said I regret not having kidd... I dont regret any of the moves we made this offseason.

BigBlueCrew
11-29-2012, 05:58 PM
you obviously dont even know what trolling is

we bow to the expert :worthy:

jmoney85
11-29-2012, 06:00 PM
knicks fans always derail threads.... instead of trying to tell me how or why I'm wrong, they try to insult me or call me a "troll" when in reality most of you don't even know what trolling is

good day

Gram
11-29-2012, 06:01 PM
knicks fans always derail threads.... instead of trying to tell me how or why I'm wrong, they try to insult me or call me a "troll" when in reality most of you don't even know what trolling is

good day

Good riddance.

knicks=love
11-29-2012, 06:03 PM
what do trolls eat?

jmoney85
11-29-2012, 06:04 PM
what do trolls eat?

ask your girlfriend

:D

knicks=love
11-29-2012, 06:05 PM
ask your girlfriend

:D

i'm single :cool:

StarvingKnick22
11-29-2012, 06:09 PM
Knick forum.

nycericanguy
11-29-2012, 06:10 PM
Jesus you guys arguing page after page over whose contract is worse is like arguing over whose GF is ugliest...

KnickaBocka.44
11-29-2012, 06:11 PM
^ The conversation actually changed after a few posts when he claimed that because the Knicks have the best offense that getting back another offensive weapon wouldn't make them any better

Jesse2272
11-29-2012, 06:18 PM
where o where has my NBA forum gone

what a train wreck

jmoney85
11-29-2012, 08:03 PM
^ The conversation actually changed after a few posts when he claimed that because the Knicks have the best offense that getting back another offensive weapon wouldn't make them any better

it wouldnt... because it would make them worse defensively

xxplayerxx23
11-29-2012, 08:11 PM
:drool:

RonE Coleman
11-29-2012, 08:20 PM
Domefavors and Jmoney have to be the same person... no way 2 people in the world could be so dumb :cool:

jmoney85
11-29-2012, 08:26 PM
Domefavors and Jmoney have to be the same person... no way 2 people in the world could be so dumb :cool:

again tell me where I'm wrong.... O wait, you cant!

RonE Coleman
11-29-2012, 08:31 PM
again tell me where I'm wrong.... O wait, you cant!

Your mother should have swallowed you.

xxplayerxx23
11-29-2012, 08:32 PM
Lol Um how about the fact that you homer up on bascally everything.

KnickaBocka.44
11-29-2012, 08:54 PM
It's honestly like having a debate with a parrot that just repeats the same thing over and over again.

WAYNEBO
11-30-2012, 02:19 AM
Amazing how these 3 douche bag Nets posters can continue to be allowed to post on PSD.

Question.... do any of the 3 Stooges even show up in the Nets forum? I'll bet the 10 good fans they have there have collectively set the Stooges to ignore. The funniest thing is the Stooges are such trolls they hate each other. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Fuqing insecure morons with no life.

Trueblue2
11-30-2012, 03:21 AM
Not gunna lie, very impressed with Amar'e. He's not being a diva whatsover, being a real team player. However if I am the NY franchise, I would trade him and his $100m contract for a PF or PG they can actually start.

Pretty sure Joell Ortiz is also in slaughterhouse.

RonE Coleman
11-30-2012, 03:31 AM
Pretty sure Joell Ortiz is also in slaughterhouse.

He is

Knicks21
11-30-2012, 03:46 AM
jmoney is getting slaughtered hahahah