PDA

View Full Version : Chauncey Billups to start game tonight vs Wolves

Clippersfan86
11-28-2012, 04:15 PM
Per Woj and Spears. Should be a huge morale boost and confidence boost. Expecting a bounceback win and win streak.

lakers4sho
11-28-2012, 04:20 PM
Are you gonna make a thread for every clipper player, coach, assistant coach, ball boy, janitor, ...?

jmoney85
11-28-2012, 04:22 PM
Are you gonna make a thread for every clipper player, coach, assistant coach, ball boy, janitor, ...?

lol

Clippersfan86
11-28-2012, 04:24 PM
Lol at you guys acting like this isn't thread worthy that a HOF player is returning from a major injury that crippled the team last year.

jmoney85
11-28-2012, 04:28 PM
did you really just call billups a HOF player?

lawllll

Losoway
11-28-2012, 04:30 PM
lmao is this really a thread?

PleaseBeNice
11-28-2012, 04:33 PM
Pound sand dude

Clippersfan86
11-28-2012, 04:36 PM

lawllll

If I didn't make this thread somebody else would have so get off my di**.

jmoney85
11-28-2012, 04:37 PM
If I didn't make this thread somebody else would have so get off my di**.

get real... nobody cares

Clippersfan86
11-28-2012, 04:38 PM
get real... nobody cares

Chauncey=Amare last year. So you're saying if Amare returns and somebody makes a thread, they are just being a homer?

jmoney85
11-28-2012, 04:40 PM
Chauncey=Amare last year. So you're saying if Amare returns and somebody makes a thread, they are just being a homer?

amare is muchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh better than billups... its not even a comparison

Clippersfan86
11-28-2012, 04:42 PM
amare is muchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh better than billups... its not even a comparison

17 and 8 last year... yup so muchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh better it's not even a comparison. Billups is more valuable to the Clippers than Amare. When Chauncey went down the Clippers immediately went from 2 seed in west and top offense in the NBA down as low as the 6th seed before recovering in April.

Bottom line is.... this is big news and is blowing up on Twitter and other forums. I figured I'd share the news because it could potentially have a big impact. If you don't want to read it simply avoid the thread and read the title di**.

WSU Tony
11-28-2012, 04:42 PM

Can I make a thread when Rubio returns without being a homer?

Clippersfan86
11-28-2012, 04:43 PM
Can I make a thread when Rubio returns without being a homer?

Hell yes you can! Rubio is the Wolves most valuable player IMO and has a massive impact. I mean we aren't talking about scrubs here. I won't make a thread when Grant Hill returns. Billups was a huge part of the Clippers last year.

lakers4sho
11-28-2012, 04:43 PM
I call dibs on the Steve Blake return thread

rocket
11-28-2012, 04:44 PM
Sorry guys that this wasn't Knicks or Nets related. LOCK DIS THREAD! We need more stupid Knicks and Nets threads please!!

Chronz
11-28-2012, 04:45 PM

lawllll

Did you really just make a joke about a HOF caliber player not being a HOF player?

Clippersfan86
11-28-2012, 04:46 PM

Chauncey Billups... 15 ppg, 4 apg, 3 rpg, 4+ ft attempts per game, solid D, Clippers team general and leader last year.

NBA champion (2004)
NBA Finals MVP (2004)
5 NBA All-Star (2006–2010)
All-NBA Second Team (2006)
2 All-NBA Third Team (2007, 2009)
2 NBA All-Defensive Second Team (2005–2006)

Steve Blake... 5 ppg, 3 apg, 2.5 rpg.... horrendous defender, hothead who doesn't make players better.

I totally think it's comparable.

lakers4sho
11-28-2012, 04:48 PM
Chauncey Billups... 15 ppg, 4 apg, 3 rpg, 4+ ft attempts per game, solid D, Clippers team general and leader last year.

NBA champion (2004)
NBA Finals MVP (2004)
5 NBA All-Star (20062010)
2 NBA All-Defensive Second Team (20052006)

Steve Blake... 5 ppg, 3 apg, 2.5 rpg.... horrendous defender, hothead who doesn't make players better.

Steve blake is a god compared to the piece of **** the lakers call point guards right now.

Clippersfan86
11-28-2012, 04:48 PM
When your team has been starting Willie Green this is huge news. Billups was a lights out 3 point shooter last year, great at getting to the line, played good team defense, was a big guard who can bang in the post and rebound decently.

Clippersfan86
11-28-2012, 04:49 PM
Steve blake is a god compared to the piece of **** the lakers call point guards right now.

And he would be the 13th man on most teams... where as Billups was a quality starter last we saw... so not sure why the comparison between Blake's return and Chauncey's.

lakers4sho
11-28-2012, 04:51 PM
And he would be the 13th man on most teams... where as Billups was a quality starter last we saw... so not sure why the comparison between Blake's return and Chauncey's.

You made threads about willie green and ryan gomes.

JEDean89
11-28-2012, 04:51 PM
jmoney :facepalm: have you ever watched billups? both he and amare are great players when healthy. as a nuggets fan i will say that the clippers now have to of the best floor generals in the game.

Clippersfan86
11-28-2012, 04:52 PM
You made threads about willie green and ryan gomes.

What in the flying F? I was the biggest Ryan Gomes hater ever and when did I make a thread about Willie? If I ever did it was to break the trade news, never to randomly talk about the dude or praise him because he's not a high caliber player.

Heediot
11-28-2012, 04:53 PM

lawllll

He probably is. Even if he is not he is significant enough in the league for there to be a thread.

Clippersfan86
11-28-2012, 04:53 PM
jmoney :facepalm: have you ever watched billups? both he and amare are great players when healthy. as a nuggets fan i will say that the clippers now have to of the best floor generals in the game.

The biggest thing Chauncey did for the team last year was when teams made runs or when things got out of hand he was the calming presence and the leader to wrangle the guys in and refocus them. Even if he's not the same PLAYER after the torn Achilles he will bring this with him which should get them out of this recent rut.

Gram
11-28-2012, 04:54 PM
Guys don't listen to jmoney. He's just like Favors and crockett - if they're not a Net - they aren't good players.

lakers4sho
I was the biggest Ryan Gomes hater ever and when did I make a thread about Willie?.

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?t=747679

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?t=742671

Come at me bro.

Hawkeye15
so if its not a Nets/Knicks/Lakers/Heat thread, it isn't NBA forum worthy, correct?

Btw, did someone say Billups is not HOF worthy?

Anyways, super news! My Wolves can't stop a guard from lighting them up, and we get to play them tonight. Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Gram
11-28-2012, 04:55 PM

Hahahaha.

jmoney85
11-28-2012, 04:56 PM
Guys don't listen to jmoney. He's just like Favors and crockett - if they're not a Net - they aren't good players.

you're clueless... where did I say billups wasnt a good player?

jmoney85
11-28-2012, 04:57 PM
He probably is. Even if he is not he is significant enough in the league for there to be a thread.

where did I say this isnt thread worthy?

jmoney85
11-28-2012, 04:58 PM
I really wish people would learn to read before posting

Clippersfan86
http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?t=747679

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?t=742671

Come at me bro.

Come at you? I just exposed you because it was exactly what I said that the threads would have been about.

1. I simply announced the trade... It wasn't a thread out of the blue to praise anybody.

2. I announced an amnesty of a player I hated and criticized and I never saw an amnesty that wasn't a thread no matter how crappy the player was.

Heediot
His offensive skill -set and leadership is much needed. Will age and defense hold him back?

Clippersfan86
11-28-2012, 04:59 PM
so if its not a Nets/Knicks/Lakers/Heat thread, it isn't NBA forum worthy, correct?

Anyways, super news! My Wolves can't stop a guard from lighting them up, and we get to play them tonight. Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

:clap: The man. Naw dude don't worry the Clippers can't guard versatile players and shooters this year either and you guys got a ton of them this year it seems. I won't be surprised to watch Love drop 40 with the way Griffin has played lately. Should be a great game.

iliketurtles24
11-28-2012, 05:00 PM

no, this isnt a good thing hawk...

lakers4sho
11-28-2012, 05:01 PM
Come at you? I just exposed you because it was exactly what I said.

1. I simply announced the trade... It wasn't a thread out of the blue to praise anybody.

2. I announced an amnesty of a player I hated and criticized and I never saw an amnesty that wasn't a thread no matter how crappy the player was.

Ok well i said im gonna make a thread about steve blake and you were the one who had a problem with it. Im gonna make a thread to announce his return,how is that any worse than you making threads about a couple of scrubs?

Clippersfan86
11-28-2012, 05:06 PM
Ok well i said im gonna make a thread about steve blake and you were the one who had a problem with it. Im gonna make a thread to announce his return,how is that any worse than you making threads about a couple of scrubs?

I have zero problem with you making that thread. Quite frankly I don't think random threads are an issue considering it's the general board. I may not personally click it because Steve Blake is a lesser player and there are 10 new Lakers threads a day but I sure won't ***** about it.

Gram
11-28-2012, 05:07 PM
you're clueless... where did I say billups wasnt a good player?

You're clueless if you think Chauncey isn't a HOF player.

It was a generalization. Go post in the Nets forum, the NBA forum is for the big boys. ;)

jmoney85
11-28-2012, 05:09 PM
You're clueless if you think Chauncey isn't a HOF player.

It was a generalization. Go post in the Nets forum, the NBA forum is for the big boys. ;)

I dont think he is... and thats my opinion

even if he was... he's most certainly not that level now... so who cares

rocket
11-28-2012, 05:09 PM
Lol @ Jmoney laughing at the Clippers fan that said Billups is a HOF player. Looking like a fool.

And then comparing Amare and Chauncey lmfao

Nets and Knicks fans are the best

lakers4sho
11-28-2012, 05:10 PM

NBA champion (2004)
NBA Finals MVP (2004)
5 NBA All-Star (20062010)
2 NBA All-Defensive Second Team (20052006)

I have zero problem with you making that thread. Quite frankly I don't think random threads are an issue considering it's the general board. I may not personally click it because Steve Blake is a lesser player and there are 10 new Lakers threads a day but I sure won't ***** about it.

Yah sure you dont :rolleyes:

Chacarron
11-28-2012, 05:11 PM

I'll allow it.

#*********

Gram
I dont think he is... and thats my opinion

even if he was... he's most certainly not that level now... so who cares

Did you not even see how he played last year? Out of his mind for his age. He's a Hall a Famer and it shouldn't even be debatle. Look what he did for the Pistons, and he came close to doing the same for Denver (WCF). Too bad Denver screwed him over.

Clippersfan86
Yah sure you dont :rolleyes:

Actually that was in response to me feeling you were comparing the impact between the players. I don't care if you make a daily Steve Blake thread, just PLEASE don't say anything to suggest them being comparable on any level.

Baller1
Huge for LAC, sucks for the rest of the West.

Billups not HOF worthy? :laugh2:

Rockice_8
11-28-2012, 05:12 PM
Well if you don't care for the thread why do people still click on it.

Lets see how he bounces back before the OP can claim a winning streak. It's going to take time.

jmoney85
11-28-2012, 05:12 PM
his career averages are 17ppg 6 apg 3 rpg.... on 41% shooting

he was a great 3 point shooter and was an key part on a NBA championship team but other than that those are not HOF numbers

Clippersfan86
11-28-2012, 05:14 PM
Did you not even see how he played last year? Out of his mind for his age. He's a Hall a Famer and it shouldn't even be debatle. Look what he did for the Pistons, and he came close to doing the same for Denver (WCF). Too bad Denver screwed him over.

Last year he was the Clippers 3rd best player. He put up 15, 4 and 3 on nearly 60% TS. He hit multiple big shots and as I said was easily the floor general and leader of the team (even more so than CP3). You could tell in terms of a voice this was his team.

I think had he had more than 19 games to get in a routine and gel with the team more he could have ended up at 18, 5 and 4 or something like that. Not quite an all star anymore but absolutely a big boost to the team. I often criticized him for shooting selection until I realized a ton of them were bailout shots or shots the team WANTED him to take.

I didn't realize how big his impact was until the Clippers spiraled out of control in Feb-March and didn't have that older vet to calm them down. Once he returned to the team bench the Clippers went 13-4 to end the season and the last two losses were with CP3 out due to the pulled groin.

jmoney85
11-28-2012, 05:14 PM
Lol @ Jmoney laughing at the Clippers fan that said Billups is a HOF player. Looking like a fool.

And then comparing Amare and Chauncey lmfao

Nets and Knicks fans are the best

amare in his prime was clearly a better player than billups

naps
11-28-2012, 05:15 PM
Nice. I love Chauncey. A true floor general.

BTW, this is ofcourse thread-worthy. 90% threads on NBA forum are worse and more pointless than this. And this guy actually makes a lot of BS threads about the Clippers but this is actually a good one.

Clippersfan86
11-28-2012, 05:16 PM
Well if you don't care for the thread why do people still click on it.

Lets see how he bounces back before the OP can claim a winning streak. It's going to take time.

I'm not guaranteeing one. Just have a feeling he's going to be a huge confidence and morale boost which should turn it around. Especially because the Clippers after having THE toughest opening month schedule in the NBA... have just about the easiest December schedule in the NBA. Perfect time to get back on track.

jmoney85
11-28-2012, 05:22 PM
I'm not guaranteeing one. Just have a feeling he's going to be a huge confidence and morale boost which should turn it around. Especially because the Clippers after having THE toughest opening month schedule in the NBA... have just about the easiest December schedule in the NBA. Perfect time to get back on track.

just like you had a feeling willie green was going to be a great piece for the clippers lol

Clippersfan86
11-28-2012, 05:24 PM
just like you had a feeling willie green was going to be a great piece for the clippers lol

I didn't know he would be a starter for the first month. Billups was supposedly going to make the season debut, Crawford was signed and Bledsoe was going to break out (has). I expected Willie to be a good piece off the bench and think he will be still. My issues with Willie came when he was starting and getting more minutes than Bledsoe who's a beast.

rocket
11-28-2012, 05:25 PM

lol comprehension skills lol

I Rock Shaqs
11-28-2012, 05:25 PM
Slang a bunch of narcotics, Pull up in that new rarri, Livin Like John Gotti, Choppin Bricks like karate.

Chronz
11-28-2012, 05:27 PM
his career averages are 17ppg 6 apg 3 rpg.... on 41% shooting

he was a great 3 point shooter and was an key part on a NBA championship team but other than that those are not HOF numbers

Check out his more relevant numbers

Cracka2HI!
11-28-2012, 05:32 PM

DUDE! Hit eject! Time to give this one up. You said something dumb and you're getting killed for it as you should. Do you really want to give people more ammo like this? Amare in his prime was still a liability on defense and probably cost his team titles. You must only be able to understand simple offensive stats if you think Amare is anywhere close to the player as Chanucey is for their careers.

This thread has all kinds of fail! How is this not threadworthy? I agree that CF86 makes some Clipper threads that should go in the Clipper forum, but this is big news and is all over national media. It's the top headline on the NBA section of ESPN.com but it doesn't deserve a thread here. Genisus'! :facepalm:

mngopher35
11-28-2012, 05:33 PM
Obviously hes back just in time to play us, lame. Hopefully he has a little bit of rust tonight after not playing for a while.

SportsFanatic10
11-28-2012, 05:44 PM
lol wow op took some heat for making this thread. i'm glad he did though, good news i've been waiting for this, mr big shot is one of my favorite players.

Clippersfan86
11-28-2012, 05:47 PM
lol wow op took some heat for making this thread. i'm glad he did though, good news i've been waiting for this, mr big shot is one of my favorite players.

I did it all for you man! Now I'm filled with bullet holes :laugh:

jmoney85
11-28-2012, 05:48 PM
DUDE! Hit eject! Time to give this one up. You said something dumb and you're getting killed for it as you should. Do you really want to give people more ammo like this? Amare in his prime was still a liability on defense and probably cost his team titles. You must only be able to understand simple offensive stats if you think Amare is anywhere close to the player as Chanucey is for their careers.

This thread has all kinds of fail! How is this not threadworthy? I agree that CF86 makes some Clipper threads that should go in the Clipper forum, but this is big news and is all over national media. It's the top headline on the NBA section of ESPN.com but it doesn't deserve a thread here. Genisus'! :facepalm:

amare was a top 5 player in the league with phoenix... go read a book or something

Clippersfan86
11-28-2012, 06:13 PM
Caron Butler: I'm so honest with people when they're coming back from injury. I'll be like, 'You look a step slow still.' But he looks great."

Hawkeye15
11-28-2012, 07:19 PM
:clap: The man. Naw dude don't worry the Clippers can't guard versatile players and shooters this year either and you guys got a ton of them this year it seems. I won't be surprised to watch Love drop 40 with the way Griffin has played lately. Should be a great game.

well, your defense has been so bad the last 5 games more or less, I expect that to be a large focus tonight. I am expecting a 10 point loss for my puppies..

TheNumber37
11-28-2012, 07:35 PM
This is good news for the NBA not just for the clippers.
And I think Billups will make the HOF, not only because of what he's done for the Pistons, but what he can do for the Clippers and what he will do after he retires.

Clippersfan86
11-28-2012, 07:39 PM
well, your defense has been so bad the last 5 games more or less, I expect that to be a large focus tonight. I am expecting a 10 point loss for my puppies..

What's weird is Clippers were the 2nd best defense in NBA first 9 or 10 games.. then the last 3 or 4 they have let teams AVERAGE like 104 ppg on 53 percent shooting? It's shocking how quickly either teams figured them out, or they let up on that intensity.

Hawkeye15
11-28-2012, 07:41 PM
What's weird is Clippers were the 2nd best defense in NBA first 9 or 10 games.. then the last 3 or 4 they have let teams AVERAGE like 104 ppg on 53 percent shooting? It's shocking how quickly either teams figured them out, or they let up on that intensity.

A bit of both probably. But they are aware they have sucked on defense the past few games, I look for them to have a higher amount of intensity tonight.

king4day
11-28-2012, 08:19 PM
I don't get why so many people are upset about a thread regarding Billups' return. The Clippers are an exciting team and his return will help them significantly.

jmoney85
11-28-2012, 08:22 PM
I don't get why so many people are upset about a thread regarding Billups' return. The Clippers are an exciting team and his return will help them significantly.

maybe because hes not even a top 4 player on the clippers

Chronz
11-28-2012, 08:36 PM
maybe because hes not even a top 4 player on the clippers

So no hope he returns to form?

Hawkeye15
11-28-2012, 08:38 PM

because of this thread being created, as Billups works his way back into basketball shape/timing, he will be crapped on.

Munkeysuit
11-28-2012, 08:39 PM
Honestly? he won't make a difference in the stat sheets, but he will definitely boost morale.

jmoney85
11-28-2012, 08:41 PM

hes 36...if him playing comes at the expense of bledsoe losing minutes than no bueno

b@llhog24
11-28-2012, 09:07 PM

He's not lying though.

Stunner
11-28-2012, 09:15 PM
Lol at y'all complaing , make your thread bro Billips is a valuable player and hasn't played since last year . His return is earlier than expected

Cracka2HI!
11-28-2012, 11:52 PM
amare was a top 5 player in the league with phoenix... go read a book or somethingOuch, nice comeback! Maybe if Amare read a book on D he could have been a top 5 player. There is this thing called defense. No one who plays it like Amare was or will ever be a top 5 player. Just my opinion.

Clippersfan86
12-02-2012, 01:57 AM
This is the impact on games Chauncey has that people don't understand. Clippers ball movement, turnovers and late game composure look insanely better with Chauncey the last two games. He just makes the right plays. This is the benefit to running two great PG's. Very little turnovers, elite ball movement, good ability to get to the line and convert. The assist to turnover ratio has been INSANE the last two games.

Also Billups has been very good on D even though he's out of shape. Massive defensive upgrade to Green/Crawford just like I predicted.

ichitownclowni
12-02-2012, 02:12 AM
**Breaking news derrick rose just took a major ****. It was his 196th **** since tearing his ACL**

Matter.
12-02-2012, 02:41 AM
Can i make a thread about Nash Returning :O