PDA

View Full Version : How do you think you could make the ASG elections better?

Hellcrooner
11-28-2012, 01:38 PM
For me the current votation system is a travesty, and has been proven time after another.

IMO this is what should be down.

12 players

Fans get to vote ONE Player as "team captain" for each conference.
Fans get to vote COACH for each conference.

Media gets to vote ONE player as "team cocaptain" once the captain ha sbeen voted in.
Media gets to vote the second coachs.

COaches vote in 5 players ( you cant vote for your own teams)
Players get to vote another 5 players when coaches voting is done ( cant vote for your won team.

In cases of players tied with same number of votes on the votations of coaches, the selected by fans coach makes the tie breaking vote.

In cases of payers tied with same number of voates on the votations of players, team captains have the tie breaking vote.

Gram
11-28-2012, 01:40 PM
If naive fans didn't vote for players just because they were on their favourite team - ie Joel Anthony last year had more votes than Greg Monroe.

topdog
11-28-2012, 04:58 PM
Sounds kind of complicated, Crooner, but I do agree it needs some fixing. They should have one of the following:

1. Fans vote for everyone (and it becomes simply a popularity contest)
2. Coaches/players select everyone
3. Every team gets a representative (with perhaps some rules for a minimum stat requirement...)

Lakerfan In NY
11-28-2012, 05:01 PM
Coachs 25%, Players 25%, media 20%, fans 30% vote on 15 man rosters. Fans pick the starting line-up. Miminum games played to be eligible. Must be active a week b4 the game. Hosting arena must have at least one rep not of the 15.

lakers4sho
11-28-2012, 05:02 PM
Just have psd vote for the all star teams.

mamba24
11-28-2012, 05:18 PM
i want to see it more like a playground style... you let the fans vote and the 2 highest vote getters are the captains. i think the players and coaches should pick the rest. the 2 captains pick their teams

Cal827
11-28-2012, 05:25 PM
Just have psd vote for the all star teams.

Yeah, that would end well.

West:

Lin
Brown
C.J Miles
Pau Gasol
Eddie Curry

East:

Allen Iverson
Tracy Mcgrady
Laundry Fields
Andrea Bargnani
DoMeFavors

Gram
11-28-2012, 05:26 PM
Yeah, that would end well.

West:

Lin
Brown
C.J Miles
Pau Gasol
Eddie Curry

East:

Allen Iverson
Tracy Mcgrady
Laundry Fields
Andrea Bargnani
DoMeFavors

Love you Cal. :love:

Baller1
11-28-2012, 05:29 PM
Just do it like the NHL. Please. That'd be so badass.

topdog
11-28-2012, 05:53 PM
Just do it like the NHL. Please. That'd be so badass.

I'm not a hockey fan so I had to look that up, but it sounds cool kind of like what Mamba mentioned above.

jmoney85
11-28-2012, 05:54 PM
let the media and coaches select the all-stars

Cal827
11-28-2012, 11:54 PM
Love you Cal. :love:

:D, right back at you buddy :love:

Avenged
11-29-2012, 12:00 AM
pau gasol.

Baller1
11-29-2012, 04:26 AM
I'm not a hockey fan so I had to look that up, but it sounds cool kind of like what Mamba mentioned above.

Yeah I think it'd be awesome.

Lebron in the East vs. Durant or Kobe in the West, then just let then assemble a team from their conference on their own.

Guppyfighter
11-29-2012, 04:31 AM
Have John Hollinger pick all the all stars.

heyman321
11-29-2012, 04:34 AM
Gram.

JasonJohnHorn
11-29-2012, 12:40 PM
At the end of the day, the game is for the fans. Sure, there are instances where guys who shouldn't be starting get in the starting line-up (Kobe his frist season on the ASG as an example, I mean, he wasn't even starting on HIS team at the time). But, if that's what the fans want.... they game is for them. And they usually end up voting for guys that SHOULD be on the team, even if they shouldn't be starting, and the coaches pick the rest of the squad. There have been a couple of cases, such as T-Mac almost making the team despite the fact that his team wasn't even suiting him up for games that season. And I believe Mourning got voted into the starting line-up once when he was injured the entire season up to the ASG.

The spots that really matter to the players I think are the All-NBA first, second and third teams. And the All-Defensive first and second teams. And I think it means more to be voted in as a reserve by the coaches than as a starter by the fans.

LongIslandIcedZ
11-29-2012, 12:57 PM
A Lebron vs Kobe captain system would be unbelievable for the NBA.

Kobe picking Wade or Lebron picking Dwight?

That would be so much fun.

Hellcrooner
11-29-2012, 01:04 PM
Of course my idea of a great Asg woudl be gettin rid of dunks, 3p, and the rest of the stupiditis and turn it into a two days "final four" with this teams.

Team usa.
Nba foreignes.
Ncca best.
Euroleague best.

TheNumber37
11-29-2012, 01:04 PM
NHL? if LeBron were captain of the east would he bring Celtics on the team. if Rondo were captain, there would he no heat or nets players.

Kobe would pick himself 11 times.

TheNumber37
11-29-2012, 01:05 PM
if anything, allow the fans to vote one more player. the starters and a 6th man.

smiddy012
11-29-2012, 01:47 PM
Of course my idea of a great Asg woudl be gettin rid of dunks, 3p, and the rest of the stupiditis and turn it into a two days "final four" with this teams.

Team usa.
Nba foreignes.
Ncca best.
Euroleague best.

English isn't crooner's first language is it? Not trying to be a dick, it would just seem to make a lot of sense.

mightybosstone
11-29-2012, 01:55 PM
I think everyone is making this more complicated than it needs to be. As one poster already mentioned, I think the selections should be weighted between fans, coaches, players and the media. Fans should still get the highest percentage, but it shouldn't be the only factor so that guys like Jeremy Lin don't get in based solely on his Asian popularity.

If it were me, I would just allow everyone to vote for seven guards and eight forwards/centers. Fans get 40% while the coaches, players and media input counts for 20%. Boom. Done.

Hellcrooner
11-29-2012, 02:23 PM
English isn't crooner's first language is it? Not trying to be a dick, it would just seem to make a lot of sense.

nope.
I also type too fast for my own good.

LAKobeBryant
11-29-2012, 02:49 PM
lottery