PDA

View Full Version : Is Phil Jackson truly the only coach that can control Kobe?

lakers4sho
11-28-2012, 03:27 AM
40 points
12-28 FG
10 Turnovers
-4 +/-

Seems like Kobe is not respecting any other coach other than Phil. Mike was brought in as a replacement, but all he could do was let Kobe do what he wanted. Now the FO brought in D'Antoni for a more structured offense, but it's still Kobe dribbling the ball around the 3 point line, only to be stripped 10 times tonight. This was not the way the Suns played basketball. Meanwhile Howard was 7-10 from the field. Oh, and the Lakers lost.

Chill_Will_24
11-28-2012, 03:30 AM
NASH.IS.OUT.

Idk how else to explain that to you. The key to their whole offense with D'Antoni is out till God knows when. When he comes back and plays 10 games and they look like trash still you can panic.

As far as Kobe, yes only Phil can put a leash on him. Everyone else takes a backseat to the Kobe show.

lakerboy
11-28-2012, 03:34 AM
Everything was decent (including the FG) but the turnovers. Did you see how everybody else in the team played?

Chill_Will_24
11-28-2012, 03:36 AM
The man had a triple double today!!!!!!!!!!!!1 What else do you want from him?..... umm...

Lim
11-28-2012, 03:43 AM
kobe at this point in his career is a ****ing CANCER. I wish his dumbass would realize that the lakers would be 1000x better if he took around 15 shots per game. too bad his ego cant let that happen. have fun trying to win a title while an ancient kobe bryant shoots 28 times per game

aman_13
11-28-2012, 03:45 AM
Everything was decent (including the FG) but the turnovers. Did you see how everybody else in the team played?

The turnovers are unacceptable. Agreed that the rest of the team played terribly.

Blink
11-28-2012, 03:51 AM
When everybody else shoots 25%....against Indiana.....it's Kobe time.

Hellcrooner
11-28-2012, 03:56 AM
No.

He would respect Pat Riley.

And respects Coach K.

He woudl still brick as much as he wants, he did it too phil or not.

Hellcrooner
11-28-2012, 03:57 AM

And wehn kobe is shooting 25% any odd night.

Its KObe time too...."let him get into rythm".

**** it.

kobe is running the lakers to the ground.

NBAfan4life
11-28-2012, 03:59 AM
Not that he gets a pass for a bad game, but as a team the Lakers shot 31%

Saad
11-28-2012, 04:02 AM
kobe at this point in his career is a ****ing CANCER. I wish his dumbass would realize that the lakers would be 1000x better if he took around 15 shots per game. too bad his ego cant let that happen. have fun trying to win a title while an ancient kobe bryant shoots 28 times per game

Shooting 17.6 shots a game this year... Are you serious right now? His ego? You realize that he basically outscored our entire team because they were playing like trash.

And yeah howard was 7-10 from the field, and he was also 3-12 from the F/t line. I expect him to at least shoot 50%... So he got up about 16 shots this game. Everyone was playing like crap. There is no reason that Kobe should be able to outscore his entire team by himself.

LoveMeOrHateMe
11-28-2012, 04:06 AM

:facepalm:

LoveMeOrHateMe
11-28-2012, 04:08 AM

**** it.

No your boy pau is he doesn't do **** and gets paid 20 million

mngopher35
11-28-2012, 04:09 AM
Other years I might agree he has shot his team out of games, a little too much. This year he has carried that team through the early part of the season. I don't see how anyone can blame kobe through this early stretch, if anything hes the one preventing them from doing worse.

TmacBryant
11-28-2012, 04:11 AM

What a terrible thread, why post if you don't know wth you are talking about? Kobe is the new ball handler since nash and blake are gone. He had a flu yet he played more minutes than anyone on the floor. Other than dwight his team was terrible, I mean scoring 65 pts in 3 quarters under the run and gun dantoni style? Look at the shot % from his team and how much he carried them before you make up crooner type threads. Yeah let's trade kobe because 40 pts isn't good enough. Dude is playing unbeleivable the whole season, he gets sick and plays one off night. Get over it.

Mr_Jones
11-28-2012, 04:12 AM

**** it.

There should be an asterisk by every one of your posts so that everyone does not take them seriously. The asterisk will indicate that we have Pau's momma posting in defense of her cross-dressing son. Just give it up. Your son/daughter ****ing sucks now.

He gets paid 19 MILLION DOLLARS THIS YEAR.. I could buy so many Priuses with that much money. **** that guy.

TmacBryant
11-28-2012, 04:17 AM

**** it.

Haha speak of the devil. your giraffe lost the game for us. Mister pau gasol who shoots threes, misses lay ups, gets packed 10 times a game, and throws the ball away. Don't worry crooner he is still better than kobe and lebron definitely top 5 player of all time.

Mr_Jones
11-28-2012, 04:17 AM
Haha speak of the devil. your giraffe lost the game for us. Mister pau gasol who shoots threes, misses lay ups, gets packed 10 times a game, and throws the ball away. Don't worry crooner he is still better than kobe and lebron definitely top 5 player of all time.

Trueeee

Greedy22
11-28-2012, 04:18 AM
The man had a triple double today!!!!!!!!!!!!1 What else do you want from him?..... umm...

To lower his turnovers :(

sunsfan88
11-28-2012, 04:28 AM
NASH.IS.OUT.

Idk how else to explain that to you. The key to their whole offense with D'Antoni is out till God knows when. When he comes back and plays 10 games and they look like trash still you can panic.

As far as Kobe, yes only Phil can put a leash on him. Everyone else takes a backseat to the Kobe show.

Who cares? If the Lakers are counting on a 40 year old player to save their season, they should be ashamed of themselves.

I don't think Mitch Kupchak is that stupid.

Chronz
11-28-2012, 04:29 AM
I will say that Kobes shooting numbers are bound to come down to earth, but what about his turnover rate? Its been high all year and is consistent with the rest of his career when being utilized as a playmaker. He has to counteract one with another or things could get ugly. Dwight needs to pick it up

t0nyg11
11-28-2012, 04:35 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0

Lakersfan2483
11-28-2012, 04:45 AM

He's averaging 18 shots a game. This is the first time he's shot 28 times all year long. His efficency is the best it has been in years.

mngopher35
11-28-2012, 04:52 AM
He's averaging 18 shots a game. This is the first time he's shot 28 times all year long. His efficency is the best it has been in years.

Small sample size but hes posting his best ws/48 of his career and a top 5 per for his career. He needs to cut the to's down a little, but for the most part hes been great. This is why I just don't understand anyone blaming Kobe for this year.

Andrew32
11-28-2012, 04:58 AM
Phil with his Zen mind control was the only one mentally strong enough to battle Kobe.

Even he failed in the end though and Kobe ending up cursing him out and doing what he wanted.

He called him "uncoachable" for a reason folks.

LoveMeOrHateMe
11-28-2012, 05:00 AM
Phil with his Zen mind control was the only one mentally strong enough to battle Kobe.

Even he failed in the end though and Kobe ending up cursing him out and doing what he wanted.

He called him "uncoachable" for a reason folks.

:facepalm:

SirSkyHook
11-28-2012, 05:11 AM

Your an idiot. I try not to be to harsh on people, but damn a cancer? Really?

No.

He would respect Pat Riley.

And respects Coach K.

He woudl still brick as much as he wants, he did it too phil or not.

and he'll use those bricks to build a fire proof trophy room. 5 and counting, deal with it Pau, i mean Crooner.

**** it.

You are a complete Pau fan. Your recently posted " Lakers should buy Pau out and let him go to a contender and watch the Lakers pay for it", you have never truley got on Pau's case for his bs play. Im seeing that you want Pau off the Lakers, but not becuase you believe the team would be better. You want him off becuase your tired of people ragging on him.

Than I see you on here dissing the teams best player on last night game but dismissing completly Pau's crap play. Pau makes 19mil this year and he averages 13pts 9rebs 3ast on 43% from the field and had 10pts on 2-9 (22%) tonight. Lets put that into perspective.

Pau Gasol
MPG 36
PTS 13
FG 43%
FGA 12.4

Bosh
MPG 33
PTS 20
FG 56%
FGA 12.9

Pau and Bosh gets the same looks alot of the time.THE LAST THING PAU NEEDS FOR HIS CAREER is some fan giving him excuses on his overpaid crap play. He's not playing great ball and needs to step it up, plain and simple. He needs to be more consistant man. I know you dont get that but get this. You need to stop blaming Kobe or anyone else for Pau's play and expect more from him than what he is giving.

I bet in Memphis it was everyone else's fault to why Pau didnt get a playoff win with the franchise wasnt it? I bet the team full of non defence playing chuckers in your eyes, wasnt it?

This very well could be the dumbest thing I've seen in quite a while.

Now, typically, I'd type-yell at you, but since what you said is so BLASPHEMOUS, I now realize that you must have some type of learning disability. Which means you're ********. So, may the God that I don't believe in, PLEASE have mercy on your poor, drunken soul.

I agree. Some kats are blinded by hate and jealousy.

cbs9889
11-28-2012, 05:19 AM
did half of you even watch this game kobe looked like a god compared to the rest of the team he shot because nobody did anything and pau lost it for sure he sucks d**k

SirSkyHook
11-28-2012, 05:26 AM
40 points
12-28 FG
10 Turnovers
-4 +/-

Seems like Kobe is not respecting any other coach other than Phil. Mike was brought in as a replacement, but all he could do was let Kobe do what he wanted. Now the FO brought in D'Antoni for a more structured offense, but it's still Kobe dribbling the ball around the 3 point line, only to be stripped 10 times tonight. This was not the way the Suns played basketball. Meanwhile Howard was 7-10 from the field. Oh, and the Lakers lost.

and heres the complete story.........

Kobe
Fg% 42%
3pt% 45%
Ft% 72%
to's 10

40pts 10rebs 3ast 3stls
Bad game by KB thats not getting it done.The Sad part is he was the best player on the floor.

Other 4 Starters
Fg% 30%
3pt% 11%
Ft% 42%
to's 5

32pts 28rebs 10ast - K.Love got 24rebs by himself! Whats up with Dwight and Pau? Metta got 12

Bench
Fg% 13%
3pts 0% 0-8
Ft% 25%
to's 5

5pts 16rebs 3ast - Dont get it Smh

Blaming Kobe for this lost....... yeah ok

Dwight was 7-10 from the feild but he spends most of his time this season on the bench averaging like 4 fouls a game, YOU ONLY GET 6, and on the foul line where he was 3-12 and on the season shooting 49%. Oh and his +/- was -9. When D12 is healthy he will be great, but taking one bad game to disrespect Kobe is lame and so was your argument.

Andrew32
11-28-2012, 05:27 AM
I bet in Memphis it was everyone else's fault to why Pau didnt get a playoff win with the franchise wasnt it?

Pretty much yeah.

Kobe couldn't get out of the 1st round in the West with similar rosters so don't hold that against Pau.

Just getting some of those Memphis rosters into the playoffs was impressive enough imo.

stephkyle7
11-28-2012, 05:31 AM
40 points
12-28 FG
10 Turnovers
-4 +/-

you will never, I repeat NEVER get the Kobe Nuthuggers to accept the facts about their man crush.
For all his talent, for all his mamba momments, his cold blooded desire to crush opponents and win at all costs, he is the most selfish,narcisistic,punks to ever play professional sports. He is the Jay cutler of basket ball.

today he scores 40 and has a triple double, while also turning the ball over 10 times 7 of which were completely unforced, each of which he quit on defense throwing his hands up so everyone knows its not my fault its the refs, made poor decision after poor decision and when his terammates couldnt bail him out he embarrasses them on the court, to the point that when its crunch time no one has the confidence to take a shot, not because of the pressure, but becasue kobe will hang them out to dry if they miss.
Ive been watching Basket ball for 35 years, and Ive watched the lakers his whole career.
As much as he is the reason they win, he is also the reason they lose.

MickeyMgl
11-28-2012, 05:37 AM
There should be an asterisk by every one of your posts so that everyone does not take them seriously. The asterisk will indicate that we have Pau's momma posting in defense of her cross-dressing son. Just give it up. Your son/daughter ****ing sucks now.

He gets paid 19 MILLION DOLLARS THIS YEAR.. I could buy so many Priuses with that much money. **** that guy.

Once again, he played about as well as Howard tonight. They have been very much in sync lately. Good together, bad together.

SirSkyHook
11-28-2012, 05:40 AM
Pretty much yeah.

Kobe couldn't get out of the 1st round in the West with similar rosters so don't hold that against Pau.

Just getting some of those Memphis rosters into the playoffs was impressive enough imo.

Your funny and spent the entire game in the Lakers forum hating. Arent the Knicks decent this year? why are you on the Lakers nutts. Kobe took his team to 7 games than atleast got a win the next year. Pau couldnt win a game dude, thats inexcusable.

06 team had like 7 dudes averaging double figures and they finish 49-33, your crazy. 05 team had like5 averaging 10 or more and 4 averaging around 9ts a game. He was on stacked and balanced teams. Not like Kobe who had to do every thing outside of rebounding for his team and he still got W's. get out of here with that lol

MickeyMgl
11-28-2012, 05:44 AM
and heres the complete story.........

kobe
fg% 42%
3pt% 45%
ft% 72%
to's 10

40pts 10rebs 3ast 3stls
bad game by kb thats not getting it done.the sad part is he was the best player on the floor.

ft 85%

SirSkyHook
11-28-2012, 05:49 AM
you will never, I repeat NEVER get the Kobe Nuthuggers to accept the facts about their man crush.
For all his talent, for all his mamba momments, his cold blooded desire to crush opponents and win at all costs, he is the most selfish,narcisistic,punks to ever play professional sports. He is the Jay cutler of basket ball.

today he scores 40 and has a triple double, while also turning the ball over 10 times 7 of which were completely unforced, each of which he quit on defense throwing his hands up so everyone knows its not my fault its the refs, made poor decision after poor decision and when his terammates couldnt bail him out he embarrasses them on the court, to the point that when its crunch time no one has the confidence to take a shot, not because of the pressure, but becasue kobe will hang them out to dry if they miss.
Ive been watching Basket ball for 35 years, and Ive watched the lakers his whole career.
As much as he is the reason they win, he is also the reason they lose.

I completley believe you watched HIM. Not his team nor the game. You watched HIM. You like to call non Kobe haters, Nutthuggers, but i showed in a previous post that tonights lost can not be hung on his shoulders alone. Your a hater plain and simple. I've read one post from you and realize something you should have realized about yourself within the last 17 years. How can you bash a man that brings his team more success than any other current star. This is his first bad game this year and here you go disrespecting.

SirSkyHook
11-28-2012, 05:53 AM
ft 85%

84.6% lol but thanks :D I had him 8-11 instead of 11-13 my fault.

Andrew32
11-28-2012, 05:59 AM
Pau couldnt win a game dude, thats inexcusable.

Losing in the 1st round is still losing in the 1st round regardless if it takes 4 or 7 games.

Prime Kobe > Prime Gasol but the fact is Kobe didn't accomplish much more then Gasol did when they had bad rosters.

Odom was way better then anyone Gasol had.
Gasol's best player was Mike Miller who is now a roleplayer in Miami lol.

thenaj17
11-28-2012, 08:27 AM
To lower his turnovers :(

To be fair to everyone having a go at Kobe for 10 turnovers, that is a bad number.

But consider he was handling the ball all night and was the ONLY player trying to make things happen last night so was driving into the lane relentlessly. He got caught once or twice and on another night may have gotten the calls.

I just wish other showed the same passion (Metta excluded)

Pau - played like a little girl
PG's and bench couldn't hit the ocean from a row boat
Dwight - 3/12 FT's is not acceptable.

I don't see how anyone with half a brain who has actually watched the Lakers this year can possibly say that Kobe is being a ballhog (45% from 3's this game. 40 points on 28 shots isn't bad.

SirSkyHook
11-28-2012, 08:44 AM
Losing in the 1st round is still losing in the 1st round regardless if it takes 4 or 7 games.

Prime Kobe > Prime Gasol but the fact is Kobe didn't accomplish much more then Gasol did when they had bad rosters.

No way in hell is that the same. If you never get a palyoff win its not the same at all. And yes Kobe had Odom who is now not so great with the Clipper j/k, but Pau had like eight people averaging 9 or more points a game vs Kobe and Odom than crap.

whitemamba33
11-28-2012, 10:13 AM
This forum is a cancer.

Not long ago people were talking about how he's having an MVP-season, and how he's playing some of his best and most efficient basketball. He has a bad game (still scores 40) on a night where most of the other Laker's couldn't buy a basket, and all of a sudden Kobe is uncontrollable? In a game where he was playing with the flu? If you would have watched the game instead of taking 6 hours to write this terrible post you would have noticed the number of times the Laker's just handed Kobe the ball and expected him to do something with it. Howard was the only other guy who deserved the ball, and he can't hit a free throw if his life depends on it.

Usually I try to ignore such idiotic posts. I thought there MIGHT be an actual reasonable argument behind the title, but I was clearly wrong. It was a Laker's fan who made the topic, so clearly I can't even trust them to make a decent argument or to be level-headed.

MTar786
11-28-2012, 10:23 AM
people should watch the game before they speak. kobe got fouled SOO many time on shot attempts.. not to mention while dribbling which turned into turnovers.. imo kobe had 4 shots that shouldnt even be counted and have been freethrows. and 2 of those turnovers were OBVIOUS fouls.. this loss cant be blamed on kobe at all. infact he was the one who hit the game tying 3 while being guarded with 0.5 extra seconds on the 24.

imo if joey crawford wasnt a kobe hater he would have shot 12-24 on the night with 48 points had he hit all those freethrows i expected calls on.. and still having 8 turnovers yeah.. that was bad.

JasonJohnHorn
11-28-2012, 10:24 AM
I am not a "fan" of Kobe in that I don't like his attitude and approach to the game, but I do respect his work ethic and skill/talent.

That said, while the 10 turnovers were pretty bad, Gasol, MWP, Jamison, Meet and Duhon combined to shoot 4-30 last night. I think THAT was the problem. Kobe did shoot under 50% from the floor last night, but other than Dwight, he shot the highest percentage on the team I beleive, and scored 40 points off of 28 shot attempts. I'd say that is pretty efficient. Nights like this for turnovers are going to happen to every player that has the ball in their hands as much as kobe does. Statistically, over the course of a season, it's going to happen a couple times. It happened to Jordan more than once. That in and of itself is not really a concern because Kobe doesn't average 10 turnovers a game.

What matters is that nobody else is hitting shots. Maybe Kobe is taking too many shots? Sure, and that the relatively few shots other guys are getting ar not good looks, or not good enough to get into the motion of the game. I dunno... it's hard to say. But at the end of the day, Kobe is a scorer first and foremost, and last night, he had a great game despite the 10 turnovers.

I think the problem is 'antoni, combined with the fact that Kobe is (from what I read as I did not see the game) doing a lot of the ball handling duties and distributing, and he's simply not as good at that sort of thing as a traditional PG is. But there aren't many options since Blake and Nash were both out and all you really had was Duhon to work with.

At the end of the day, the Lakers lost by a basket. If Kobe had gotten two fewer turnovers, the outcome of the game would have been different. But at the same time, if Gasol, MWP, Meeks, Jamison and Duhon had shot 30% from the floor, insteald of less than 15%, this game would have been a blowout in LAL's favour.

So the question comes down to this really, is Indy that good at D? They created a lot fo turnovers and kept their opponents at a very low FG%.

Did/does either Mike have what Phil had? No. Phil knew how to utilize Kobe and maxmize the palyers around him. Mike and Mike just let him do whatever he wants.

MTar786
11-28-2012, 10:26 AM
also here were 4 other things that costed us... firstyl.. the refs on jamisons tip in and one that got changed to an offensive foul on ron. the pau gasol rebound that became on offensive foul somehow. the duhon OBVIOUS charge with 2 mins left in the game. wtf!!! i thought refs can review calls with 2 mins to play. that was total ********. then the last factor was 4 straight misses at the line on one play by dwight and ron

JasonJohnHorn
11-28-2012, 10:28 AM
I bet in Memphis it was everyone else's fault to why Pau didnt get a playoff win with the franchise wasnt it? I bet the team full of non defence playing chuckers in your eyes, wasnt it?

That Memphis roster was pretty bad. The fact that Pau lead them to the playoffs at all in avery deep western conference was extremely impressive.

thenaj17
11-28-2012, 10:30 AM
I am not a "fan" of Kobe in that I don't like his attitude and approach to the game, but I do respect his work ethic and skill/talent.

That said, while the 10 turnovers were pretty bad, Gasol, MWP, Jamison, Meet and Duhon combined to shoot 4-30 last night. I think THAT was the problem. Kobe did shoot under 50% from the floor last night, but other than Dwight, he shot the highest percentage on the team I beleive, and scored 40 points off of 28 shot attempts. I'd say that is pretty efficient. Nights like this for turnovers are going to happen to every player that has the ball in their hands as much as kobe does. Statistically, over the course of a season, it's going to happen a couple times. It happened to Jordan more than once. That in and of itself is not really a concern because Kobe doesn't average 10 turnovers a game.

What matters is that nobody else is hitting shots. Maybe Kobe is taking too many shots? Sure, and that the relatively few shots other guys are getting ar not good looks, or not good enough to get into the motion of the game. I dunno... it's hard to say. But at the end of the day, Kobe is a scorer first and foremost, and last night, he had a great game despite the 10 turnovers.

I think the problem is 'antoni, combined with the fact that Kobe is (from what I read as I did not see the game) doing a lot of the ball handling duties and distributing, and he's simply not as good at that sort of thing as a traditional PG is. But there aren't many options since Blake and Nash were both out and all you really had was Duhon to work with.

At the end of the day, the Lakers lost by a basket. If Kobe had gotten two fewer turnovers, the outcome of the game would have been different. But at the same time, if Gasol, MWP, Meeks, Jamison and Duhon had shot 30% from the floor, insteald of less than 15%, this game would have been a blowout in LAL's favour.

So the question comes down to this really, is Indy that good at D? They created a lot fo turnovers and kept their opponents at a very low FG%.

Did/does either Mike have what Phil had? No. Phil knew how to utilize Kobe and maxmize the palyers around him. Mike and Mike just let him do whatever he wants.

The answer is YES. The Pacers lead the league in opposition FG%.

Well said about Kobe not being the 1 to cost Lakers the game - missed FT's cost more (Kobe included)

mamba24
11-28-2012, 10:45 AM

**** it.

darius morris 0-6
MWP 1-8
your beloved Pau Gasol 2-9
Jamison 1-7
hill 1-2
duhon 0-3
yes... Dwight made 7-10 from the field but he missed something like 12 fts. I dont understand where the "kobe shooting 25% thing came from... If you look at his #s from last night as well as his season #s he is well above 25% lol. I dont know why anyone is putting this game on kobe. Pau morris mwp and jamison all played like crap. Kobe and dwight carried the team cuz nobody could do anything at all. I dont see how kobe is the reason this team is 7-8. The reason kobe was shooting a bunch was cuz NOBODY ELSE COULD MAKE A SHOT!!! The reason this team lost was cuz they had 20 MISSED FREE THROWS!!!!!!!! I dont know how any lakers fan who watched the game last night could say kobe is running this team into the ground lol. Its just out of pure hate. Kobe is shooting 17 shots per game. There was a reason he shot more last night

nickdymez
11-28-2012, 10:52 AM

**** it.

Its about time you look at your buddy Pau Gasol and how terrible he is. He is playing terrible!

dnewguy
11-28-2012, 10:54 AM

When the ball rarely touches "everybody else" hand, they are likely to be out of rhythm. Kobe taking 28 shots and Howard taking just 10 is a travesty.

whitemamba33
11-28-2012, 10:55 AM

Lol come on....you ALMOST had a good post until the last two small paragraphs. You were so close!

Yes, Indy is that good at D. Check the numbers.

Kobe is having one of the more efficient years of his career under Brown/D'Antoni. Phil had years to learn how to utilize his players before they were ready to contend for a championship. D'Antoni has had a few games. Both Dwight and Gasol have sucked the last few games..if you didn't expect Kobe to come out shooting than you haven't followed him in any system.

b@llhog24
11-28-2012, 10:56 AM

I see what you did there.

Chavacano
11-28-2012, 11:57 AM
Lol come on....you ALMOST had a good post until the last two small paragraphs. You were so close!

Yes, Indy is that good at D. Check the numbers.

Kobe is having one of the more efficient years of his career under Brown/D'Antoni. Phil had years to learn how to utilize his players before they were ready to contend for a championship. D'Antoni has had a few games. Both Dwight and Gasol have sucked the last few games..if you didn't expect Kobe to come out shooting than you haven't followed him in any system.

^^ In Phil's stint with the Bulls, they won in his second year; in his first stint with the Lakers, they won in his first year. Only his second stint with the Lakers took years to contend for or win a championship. :shrug:

whitemamba33
11-28-2012, 12:35 PM
^^ In Phil's stint with the Bulls, they won in his second year; in his first stint with the Lakers, they won in his first year. Only his second stint with the Lakers took years to contend for or win a championship. :shrug:

You are right, but I didn't say head coach. He was hired as an assistant in '87. That much contact with the team for several years before coaching is a huge advantage. Then he just applied the same triangle offense to the Lakers when he got there. D'Antoni has never coached a team with this much backcourt presence, with this much age, and with so few shooters.

It's going to take time. Judging him on a few games so far isn't fair.

Chronz
11-28-2012, 12:52 PM
But winning a game is still better than losing them all.

Where exactly is Odom nowadays? And no way were the supports in place comparable. I do think Pau was part of one of the least talented 50 win teams in History but its still better than Kobes cast. Remember the Grizz were a team that won with depth, they could win 50 games with Pau not even playing star minutes. That doesnt help much in the playoffs but his performances in those losses werent exactly dominant.

Hellcrooner
11-28-2012, 01:00 PM
But winning a game is still better than losing them all.

Where exactly is Odom nowadays? And no way were the supports in place comparable. I do think Pau was part of one of the least talented 50 win teams in History but its still better than Kobes cast. Remember the Grizz were a team that won with depth, they could win 50 games with Pau not even playing star minutes. That doesnt help much in the playoffs but his performances in those losses werent exactly dominant.

He made a bit worse on playofss he first time around.

His numebrs actually went UP the other two times, while his TEAMATES went down the three times.

talks volumes doesnt it.?

mamba24
11-28-2012, 01:05 PM
When the ball rarely touches "everybody else" hand, they are likely to be out of rhythm. Kobe taking 28 shots and Howard taking just 10 is a travesty.

what you dont see is that dwight went to the line for 12 FTs and only made 3 lol... thats about 6 more shots that dont go against his fg%.

Chavacano
11-28-2012, 01:28 PM
You are right, but I didn't say head coach. He was hired as an assistant in '87. That much contact with the team for several years before coaching is a huge advantage.

^^ Point taken.

Then he just applied the same triangle offense to the Lakers when he got there.

^^ Which only took a single offseason for him to learn how to utilize his players to do so and not years as he had no previous relationships with the players, save for Harper, to build rapport and establish a comfortable familiarization with them. :p

D'Antoni has never coached a team with this much backcourt presence, with this much age, and with so few shooters.

It's going to take time. Judging him on a few games so far isn't fair.

^^ I agree.

Pluvious
11-28-2012, 01:40 PM
Other years I might agree he has shot his team out of games, a little too much. This year he has carried that team through the early part of the season. I don't see how anyone can blame kobe through this early stretch, if anything hes the one preventing them from doing worse.

Yeah, but the point is since D'Antonni has taken over he's been regressing to the old mentality.

Chavacano
11-28-2012, 01:43 PM

^^ Touches =/= FGAs.

Pluvious
11-28-2012, 02:00 PM
did half of you even watch this game kobe looked like a god compared to the rest of the team he shot because nobody did anything and pau lost it for sure he sucks d**k

Yeah, I watched it. He looked pretty good as a scorer overall (especially compared to the rest of the team) but he was terrible as a creator/facilitator. Take what you want from that.

Pluvious
11-28-2012, 02:03 PM
people should watch the game before they speak. kobe got fouled SOO many time on shot attempts.. not to mention while dribbling which turned into turnovers.. imo kobe had 4 shots that shouldnt even be counted and have been freethrows. and 2 of those turnovers were OBVIOUS fouls.. this loss cant be blamed on kobe at all. infact he was the one who hit the game tying 3 while being guarded with 0.5 extra seconds on the 24.

imo if joey crawford wasnt a kobe hater he would have shot 12-24 on the night with 48 points had he hit all those freethrows i expected calls on.. and still having 8 turnovers yeah.. that was bad.

Joey Crawford really seemed to have an agenda against the Lakers.

Alayla
11-28-2012, 02:09 PM
Man when will people finally understand basketball is a team game he could have 40 points a night on prefect FG no tos 10 assits 10 rebounds and 5 assits and still the lakers may lose. Its a team game u can't blame it on the coach u can't blame it on kobe you can't blame it on pau stop scapegoating and accept that basketball takes teamwork!

LoveMeOrHateMe
11-28-2012, 02:24 PM

and where is lamar odom exactly? oh thats right hes a scrub

Lakerfan In NY
11-28-2012, 02:25 PM
Man when will people finally understand basketball is a team game he could have 40 points a night on prefect FG no tos 10 assits 10 rebounds and 5 assits and still the lakers may lose. Its a team game u can't blame it on the coach u can't blame it on kobe you can't blame it on pau stop scapegoating and accept that basketball takes teamwork!

This is the smartest thing anyone has said so far. There are so many reasons LA lost. missing 20 FT was huge. Bench shooting 2-15 for 5 pts. The turnovers. But I understand the TO's. Alot where passes that were fumble but ultimatley he's not Nash so TO's are gonna happen, but he needs to low it to more respectable numbers.

Lakerfan In NY
11-28-2012, 02:38 PM

Odom was way better then anyone Gasol had.Gasol's best player was Mike Miller who is now a roleplayer in Miami lol.

What?? you like Rudy Gay, the Jones, Lowry, & might mouse D. stoudmire

Lakers4life08
11-28-2012, 02:48 PM
The boss finally gave little interview!!!!!The only player he mentions is......................Jodie Meeks!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogXZyNc2kas

Tony Perkis
11-28-2012, 03:02 PM
Care to mention his 3 pointer with 24 seconds left that tied the game? I do agree getting a coach just for a 38 year old PG who happens to have a broken leg because he ran the offense before was incredibly stupid though. And they don't seem to have a pg of the future on the roster as Darrius Morris is awful. Should have got dragic or Kyle Lowry.

Pittz
11-28-2012, 03:10 PM
Man, people couldn't wait for Kobe to have a bad game, huh?

JesusWears24
11-28-2012, 03:32 PM

Your brain is sooooo ****ed up that you talking out of your *** sounds better than whatever comes out of that cum dumpster you call a mouth.

AIRMAR72
11-28-2012, 03:41 PM

I AGREE, futhermore if you back track and look at kobe games when scores over 40points the lakers LOST most of those games thru-out his career, kobe playing like tobe. FAKE will to win on display lasnite

JesusWears24
11-28-2012, 03:46 PM
I AGREE, futhermore if you back track and look at kobe games when scores over 40points the lakers LOST most of those games thru-out his career, kobe playing like tobe. FAKE will to win on display lasnite

I AGREE, furthermore you're a stupid ****IN *****!

stawka
11-28-2012, 03:58 PM
Calm the **** down man

Lim
11-28-2012, 03:59 PM
anyone who disagrees with the notion that kobe has been a cancer the past 2 seasons is in DENIAL and probably a homer laker fan. and people.. I obviously know that hes shooting 50% and 18.3 FGA ... but he has NEVER come even close to shooting 50% for a season and the past ****ing decade hes shot 20+ times a game, dont see why those 2 things will change. lol small sample size statistical anomaly. LoLuMaD?

MintBerryCrunch
11-28-2012, 04:16 PM
1 bad game and everyone freaks out hahah

Bruno
11-28-2012, 04:37 PM
40 points
12-28 FG
10 Turnovers
-4 +/-

...you watched the game?

lakers4sho
11-28-2012, 04:44 PM
...you watched the game?

Yes :)

Lakerfan In NY
11-28-2012, 04:49 PM
anyone who disagrees with the notion that kobe has been a cancer the past 2 seasons is in DENIAL and probably a homer laker fan. and people.. I obviously know that hes shooting 50% and 18.3 FGA ... but he has NEVER come even close to shooting 50% for a season and the past ****ing decade hes shot 20+ times a game, dont see why those 2 things will change. lol small sample size statistical anomaly. LoLuMaD?

You don't always talk but when you do...Its pure & utter nonsense! Stay stupid my friend.

PS. I thought he was on his declining. Now he putting up career numbers? Switch one is it?

Deezy3
11-28-2012, 05:01 PM
Nope. Any coach can. They just need a copy of 2K13.

mngopher35
11-28-2012, 05:43 PM
Yeah, but the point is since D'Antonni has taken over he's been regressing to the old mentality.

Well its a very very small sample size then, and its only been 2 bad games. Also can you really blame him for last night? Everyone else on the team was playing horrible offensively other than dwight it seemed. The other thing is in this system without a pg he is playing in a distributor role as well and it can be hard to adjust to a new system and role. Wait until nash is back and he can play more of just a scoring role in the offense. I thought that Kobe would eventually get back toward his normal averages, and it looks like that might happen. My point is we have to wait and see still because so far Kobe has been playing amazing.

Lim
11-28-2012, 06:36 PM
You don't always talk but when you do...Its pure & utter nonsense! Stay stupid my friend.

PS. I thought he was on his declining. Now he putting up career numbers? Switch one is it?

reading comprehension my friend. he is CLEARLY declining. i simply stated that his "good" start is nothing more than a statistical anomaly.

nickdymez
11-28-2012, 06:37 PM
reading comprehension my friend. he is CLEARLY declining. i simply stated that his "good" start is nothing more than a statistical anomaly.

what about Tim Duncan?

JayMikeMittens
11-28-2012, 06:52 PM
Yes.
I think Phil Jackson is the only one that can control Kobe and the rest of the squad and lead them to a Championship in the NBA. Based on facts. No other Coach has coached Kobe and led him to a championship, so I am skeptical of anyone taking up that task.

The same can be said about Jordan, as Jordan has not won a championship without Phil & Pip.

Kobe has not won without Phil and Fish.

Coach K has not had Kobe for an entire NBA season with a mix of talent (Excellent players, scrubs and in betweens) Coach K has only coached Kobe basically on an Allstar Team AKA Team USA. There is a reason why Coach K doesnt coach in the NBA.

Pat Riley hasn't coached Kobe, I wouldnt bet on it working.

I can only imagine if there were active forums like this one when Jordan was around....would have been interesting to see everyones thoughts and opinions.

kobe4thewinbang
11-28-2012, 06:55 PM
Kobe was Kobe tonight, not in the best way, especially with Dwight shooting okay from everywhere but the free throw line. Him and Metta bricking free throws is infuriating.

And why the hell was Gasol guarding George Hill?

Things are mindless in Lakerland right now.

OaklandsFinest
11-28-2012, 07:03 PM
More Kobe = Less for the Lakers. The more Kobe dominates the ball the worse the Lakers will do period.

Vampirate
11-28-2012, 07:06 PM
Nash is easily the 1 person that has an effect on the court that Kobe will 100% listen to and respect what he says. Kobe did after all recruit him anyways. I highly doubt Kobe repects Howard as much as he respects Nash.

Money_23
11-28-2012, 07:20 PM

he's taking 18 shots a game right now.

Money_23
11-28-2012, 07:21 PM

we'll see by the end of the season.

TmacBryant
11-28-2012, 07:29 PM

You obviously didn't watch the game, or if you did you have selective memory.

Every laker had an opportunity to score, there were a lot of wide open looks. Only Kobe and Dwight actually scored and made a difference. Kobe logged in 44 min while Dwight only had 34 min because of foul trouble. Lakers couldn't make anything so they had to rely on the old kobe to shoot them out of their slump.

I mean the lakers had 33 pts at half time with the Dantoni system, just shows how bad their offense was the other night. And he is supposed to be the best offensive coach in the game.

SirSkyHook
11-28-2012, 07:52 PM

So not true. Do the research and stop talking out your arse hater :mad:

Truth
http://www.clublakers.com/lakers-discussion/the-list-when-kobe-scores-with-lakers-win-full-stats-t132624.html

your so blinded by hate its disgusting.

SirSkyHook
11-28-2012, 08:31 PM
It's funny how the media has mind controlled people to hate Kobe's game. Example.....

If Kobe had the stats of 45pts 12rebs 11ast 3stls 2to's shooting 60% FG 50%3PT 90% FT, and they lose. People would say he's a selfish chucker. With Dwight on his team no way should he be shooting that much, and no way should he be trying to do Nash's job, that ballhogg is dragging down that franchise etc....

Insert Lebron James same stats and same results and you get a different respose. It becomes, Where Was Wade and Bosh?!?! Its a damn shame Lebron has to play like he did in Cleveland becuase they dont wanna show up etc..

Now im not saying Kobe played great last night, but the double standard is funny and I thought I should point it out lol

nickdymez
11-28-2012, 08:39 PM
It's funny how the media has mind controlled people to hate Kobe's game. Example.....

If Kobe had the stats of 45pts 12rebs 11ast 3stls 2to's shooting 60% FG 50%3PT 90% FT, and they lose. People would say he's a selfish chucker. With Dwight on his team no way should he be shooting that much, and no way should he be trying to do Nash's job, that ballhogg is dragging down that franchise etc....

Insert Lebron James same stats and same results and you get a different respose. It becomes, Where Was Wade and Bosh?!?! Its a damn shame Lebron has to play like he did in Cleveland becuase they dont wanna show up etc..

Now im not saying Kobe played great last night, but the double standard is funny and I thought I should point it out lol

THIS :clap:

evadatam5150
11-29-2012, 01:10 AM
Your an idiot. I try not to be to harsh on people, but damn a cancer? Really?

and he'll use those bricks to build a fire proof trophy room. 5 and counting, deal with it Pau, i mean Crooner.

You are a complete Pau fan. Your recently posted " Lakers should buy Pau out and let him go to a contender and watch the Lakers pay for it", you have never truley got on Pau's case for his bs play. Im seeing that you want Pau off the Lakers, but not becuase you believe the team would be better. You want him off becuase your tired of people ragging on him.

Than I see you on here dissing the teams best player on last night game but dismissing completly Pau's crap play. Pau makes 19mil this year and he averages 13pts 9rebs 3ast on 43% from the field and had 10pts on 2-9 (22%) tonight. Lets put that into perspective.

Pau Gasol
MPG 36
PTS 13
FG 43%
FGA 12.4

Bosh
MPG 33
PTS 20
FG 56%
FGA 12.9

Pau and Bosh gets the same looks alot of the time.THE LAST THING PAU NEEDS FOR HIS CAREER is some fan giving him excuses on his overpaid crap play. He's not playing great ball and needs to step it up, plain and simple. He needs to be more consistant man. I know you dont get that but get this. You need to stop blaming Kobe or anyone else for Pau's play and expect more from him than what he is giving.

I agree. Some kats are blinded by hate and jealousy.

Bravo...!!!!! :clap::clap::clap:

IversonIsKrazy
11-29-2012, 01:23 AM
Kobe has been real good this season, this was the first real bad game by him and of course this thread pops up. Dude has a very efficient FG% this season while still putting up 25+ a night. Nash/Blake are both out, he has to be the primary ballhandler. But yea, Phil Jackson is the only coach for him I would say, but doesn't mean he can't work well with other coaches. For example, Jerry Sloan would've been a great fit for this this team.