PDA

View Full Version : Safe To Say Lakers Will Not Win This Year?

MetroMan
11-28-2012, 03:12 AM
They look horrible. 7-8 for the most expensive team in NBA history is :facepalm:

everyone were sure this this team is a shoe in for this years championship. at this rate they might not even reach the playoffs.

310Casper
11-28-2012, 03:14 AM
Too early to tell. If they dont get their stuff together by mid-season, I will agree with you.

Nash isnt even back yet.
D'Antoni has only coached 5 games.
Gasol is garbage, please trade him now.
Bench is too inconsistent and feces-filled.

If Gasol is traded for a defensive PF and some key bench shooters, they're back in it.

jaydubb

Im_in_Mia_bish
Define everyone.

Guppyfighter
They will be fine.

jaydubb
11-28-2012, 03:15 AM
Too early to tell. If they dont get their stuff together by mid-season, I will agree with you.

Nash isnt even back yet.
D'Antoni has only coached 5 games.
Gasol is garbage, please trade him now.

:nod:

STL Don
11-28-2012, 03:17 AM
Safe?.. to say? what?

Do you realize how much time is left?.. and that there starting point guard is not back yet.. The Lakers have just as much a chance at winning it all as any other team does.

jaydubb
Define everyone.

per dictionary.com

everyone= pertaining to all that are not miami heat fans

DreamShaker
They have too much firepower to write them off.

jaydubb
11-28-2012, 03:19 AM
HA! jk @ im in mia bish... :)

whitemamba33
11-28-2012, 03:19 AM
If you honestly feel it's safe to say that, than you dont' know anything about basketball.

LAKobeBryant
11-28-2012, 03:20 AM
I thought people kept saying Lakers have no defence. Clearly to me without Nash Lakers have no offence in this "dantoni system". Anyways too early to say, Nash never even played with D12 and Kobe under Dantoni's system. And i can guarantee that there will be changes in the bench to help fit Dantoni since hes going be here for a couple of years

Cracka2HI!
11-28-2012, 03:22 AM
LOL at Laker fan near the ledge. Your team is in the same place. A contender. It's too early for a 7-8 team with 4 all-stats to even start to get worried. Did most Laker fans expect too much from the team in the regular season? Yes. That is all.

shep33
11-28-2012, 03:24 AM
We're eerily similar to Miami when they started. So maybe thats a positive side to this mess. But not having a point guard is ruining us. Darius Morris and Chris Duhon can only do so much. Which is nothing.

*Superman*
11-28-2012, 03:25 AM
Blame Chris Duhon for their troubles.

beliges
11-28-2012, 03:26 AM
They look horrible. 7-8 for the most expensive team in NBA history is :facepalm:

everyone were sure this this team is a shoe in for this years championship. at this rate they might not even reach the playoffs.

Pau has been a shadow of himself once again, the Lakers have no bench and Dwight is clearly not 100%. The only positives for the Lakers thus far are that Ron Ron is contributing this season and Kobe is still at an elite level. Basically this team has plenty of holes and a severe lack of talent on the roster after their 1-4 guys. The way it is now, they don't stand much of a chance to go too far in the playoffs. They may start to gel once Nash comes back but it's not looking too good. Someone besides Kobe needs to step up consistently.

Chill_Will_24
11-28-2012, 03:27 AM
The scapegoating Gasol stuff has to stop. The Lakers hired a coach whose system does not fit Gasol and so now "Gasol sucks" and it's his fault? Please.

As far as your question no it is not safe to say. They are missing the key to it all in Nash and have the offensive firepower to demolish anyone. No team wants to see them.

MetroMan
11-28-2012, 03:29 AM
LOL @ everyone relying on a near 40 year old to come fix everything. this team should be good enough to win without him

jaydubb
11-28-2012, 03:30 AM
Blame Chris Duhon for their troubles.

Nah... Mike brown.. Somehow he's still killing the lakers. :)

SportsFanatic10
11-28-2012, 03:32 AM
lol this thread is way too premature. they definitely have a long way to go though to get their **** together though.

Chill_Will_24
11-28-2012, 03:33 AM
LOL @ everyone relying on a near 40 year old to come fix everything. this team should be good enough to win without him

That 40 year old was still playing at an elite level last year and his injury is not a devastating one. He is healing as fast as you would expect a man his age to heal.

Fact is that when Nash comes back the D'Antoni offense will kick into full gear. You will see what a man with his playmaking ability and basketball iq does for an offensively stacked team like the Lakers

Lim
11-28-2012, 03:33 AM
they will never win until kobe retires or realizes that he is ****ing OLD and in DECLINE. he should be taking no more than 15 shots per game at this stage in his career. but we all know kobe will never take that few shots so they will not win a championship until kobe retires.

jaydubb
11-28-2012, 03:37 AM
This is an interesting thread... A bunch of non laker fans are trying to convince a laker fan that everything is gonna be ok with the Lakers. haha

LA_Raiders
11-28-2012, 03:41 AM
it is all about the POffs.

Way too soon to tell, but so far they are playing like ****

shep33
11-28-2012, 03:42 AM
There have been a few games where we just killed ourselves. Like tonight. 31% from the field... 19 turnovers (10 by Kobe who was playing point guard essentially), we missed 20 freethrows, our bench had 5 points, we shot 16% from 3, and we lost by 2 points without our starting or backup pg.

How do you judge this team? When do you judge this team?

SportsFanatic10
11-28-2012, 03:43 AM
We're eerily similar to Miami when they started. So maybe thats a positive side to this mess. But not having a point guard is ruining us. Darius Morris and Chris Duhon can only do so much. Which is nothing.

yeah very similar for sure. its even worse however, and that should be concerning since all the players should fit together playing their traditional roles, where as miami had wade and lebron overlapping at first since they were similar players. also going through the coaching change is a setback. however nash coming back should help alot, but the lakers window is smaller than the heats was and they didn't even win in year 1. lots of time left to figure it out though, going to be interesting to watch. if la can't win this year though, its down to next season or bust with this group i'd think considering their age.

Chronz
11-28-2012, 03:45 AM

Im not seeing any similarities

Chronz
11-28-2012, 03:46 AM
yeah very similar for sure.

lol. in what ways?

SportsFanatic10
11-28-2012, 03:50 AM
lol. in what ways?

just that the stars are struggling to find their roles and they both came out of the gates slow despite having loads of talent.

shep33
11-28-2012, 03:50 AM
Im not seeing any similarities

Miami's first year they were 9-8 in a weaker conference. Nobody meshed well (like the Lakers this year) and they were losing to teams they had no business of losing too, while dropping games that were more about their errors rather than the opponent being better. Definitely some similarities. I think our situation is quite worse though. 3 coaches in 15 games, essentially 3 different offenses, no points guards (including the most important piece on offense). There's just so much to overcome right now. We haven't even given our guys time to mesh. Nash, Kobe, Dwight and Pau have played what? 1.5 games together this year?

Sadds The Gr8
11-28-2012, 03:51 AM
They look really bad. When the Miami Cheat started off their record was similar, but you could see the potential. This team just has no chemistry and Dwight doesn't look fully recovered from the back surgery...that looks like it'll hamper him throughout the season and he won't be fully recovered until next season

Don't think they're winning anything this year

Hellcrooner
11-28-2012, 03:56 AM
Unless KObe stops being a mother****er, yes its safe to say so.

Its also safe to say howard will walk out after the season.

Lakers are not winning any more rings unti THIS vERSION of kobe retires, or goes sowmhere else.

Safe to say the stupidity of Jim Buss 1st ****ing pau at his prime to feature his pet Bynum, 2nd bringing brown to make his pet shinw, 3 bringing dantonio over Phil because of his own small dick ego problem in combination with kobe wanting to be like mike, is going to run the lakers to the ground for the next 10+ years.

Sad.
But true.

shep33
11-28-2012, 03:57 AM

Lakers are not winning any more rings unti THIS vERSION of kobe retires, or goes sowmhere else.

Safe to say the stupidity of Jim Buss 1st ****ing pau at his prime to feature his pet Bynum, 2nd bringing brown to make his pet shinw, 3 bringing dantonio over Phil because of his own small dick ego problem in combination with kobe wanting to be like mike, is going to run the lakers to the ground for the next 10+ years.

Sad.
But true.

Without Kobe playing the way he's been playing, the Lakers win maybe 3 games this year. Played like crap tonight I agree, but other players have been horrible the entire year

Hellcrooner
11-28-2012, 04:02 AM
Without Kobe playing the way he's been playing, the Lakers win maybe 3 games this year. Played like crap tonight I agree, but other players have been horrible the entire year

thats the mistake peope make.

kobe takes the other players out of the game with his ballhoghing.

Just tell, me, whats lakers record 2008(february) to 2012 when kobe has not played?

Lakersfan2483
11-28-2012, 04:09 AM

Just tell, me, whats lakers record 2008(february) to 2012 when kobe has not played?

Outside of tonight and the game against Memphis, Kobe has actually kept his shot attempts down considerably. He's averaging around 17 or 18 shots per night and this is the most efficient he's played in years....... I just don't see how he is ballhogging as it pertains to this season.

Lakersfan2483
11-28-2012, 04:13 AM
I am not writing the Lakers off after just 15 games into the season. They have had 3 different coaches, 3 different systems put in place, Nash has been out since the 2nd game of the year and their bench has been non existent for the most part and despite that they are in the hunt. All they have to do is string together a 4 or 5 game winning streak and people will be back on their bandwagon. I think it will be easier to judge this team once they hit midseason and get everyone back healthy.

Injuries this season:

Kobe is playing on a bad foot.
Dwight is recovering from major back surgery.
Pau is playing on two bad knees.
Nash has been out all year.
Steve Blake has missed 8 games due to an abdominal strain.

shep33
11-28-2012, 04:15 AM

C'mon though Hellcrooner, Pau with more perimeter shots isn't going to do any damage whatsoever. Dwight needs more touches without a doubt. I hated the way Kobe played tonight, but if you take away tonight's game and the game in Memphis, he's played 13 really solid games.

Hellcrooner
11-28-2012, 04:20 AM
C'mon though Hellcrooner, Pau with more perimeter shots isn't going to do any damage whatsoever. Dwight needs more touches without a doubt. I hated the way Kobe played tonight, but if you take away tonight's game and the game in Memphis, he's played 13 really solid games.

Pau needs to head to N.Y ASAP so he can teach some "lakers" fans a lesson the HARD way.

His time as a laker is over, he does not fit in here anymore, and you cant play with a bunch of racist fan boys of kobe that hated that kobe needed pau to win rings, and worse yet that some media actually thought pau was more important adn have been waiting like jackals to go against him with a hate that is unprecendent ever at the first occasion.

Well, maybe his time is not completely over, i mean if thanks to kobe beng the worse kobe possible howard WALKS, guess what, we will ahve to use pau at center next season.

And given all that is why im rooting fot the team to do this

1 Name howard our captain and make him understand its HIS team
2 fire dantoni
3 trade pau for expirings
4 trade nash and metta for expirings.
5 AMNESTY THE *****.
proceed to sign Chris Paul+ smith in f.a as howards core........or just paul, and leave capspace for lebron the following year.

Chronz
11-28-2012, 04:22 AM
just that the stars are struggling to find their roles and they both came out of the gates slow despite having loads of talent.
No. heres why...

Miami's first year they were 9-8 in a weaker conference. Nobody meshed well (like the Lakers this year) and they were losing to teams they had no business of losing too, while dropping games that were more about their errors rather than the opponent being better. Definitely some similarities.
The Heat were still posting elite DRTG marks and their overall efficiency differentials were that of a dominant team, I believe they had the highest SRS in the league even during that 9-8 start though I could be mistaken, it was at least Top-2 and depicted a team that would win 60 games. They fell short of those marks but by the barometers that matter, the Heat were a dominant team that was obviously losing fluke games (Milsap special for example), they were a team that was clearly about to go on a run, teams posting the marks they were posting dont keep losing. The Lakers arent up to sniff in comparison. To say nobody meshed well is a gross exaggeration, clearly they were all meshing well defensively as they were elite on that end and their offense was still well above league average. These Lakers have more issues and health problems. I just think its a lazy example that doesnt apply. Heat were looking like a 60 win team during that 9-8 stretch, these Lakers are more like a 50 win club.

Andrew32
11-28-2012, 04:23 AM
Shades of 2004 except instead of Shaq they have Dwight and instead of Malone they have Gasol.

Oh and instead of Phil Jackson they have 0 Chip Pringles.

Right now they don't look like a contender.
Doesn't mean I count them out though if they get their shiz together.

Lakersfan2483
11-28-2012, 04:25 AM
Pau needs to head to N.Y ASAP so he can teach some "lakers" fans a lesson the HARD way.

His time as a laker is over, he does not fit in here anymore, and you cant play with a bunch of racist fan boys of kobe that hated that kobe needed pau to win rings, and worse yet that some media actually thought pau was more important adn have been waiting like jackals to go against him with a hate that is unprecendent ever at the first occasion.

Well, maybe his time is not completely over, i mean if thanks to kobe beng the worse kobe possible howard WALKS, guess what, we will ahve to use pau at center next season.

2 fire dantoni
5 AMNESTY THE *****.
proceed to sign Chris Paul+ smith in f.a as howards core........or just paul, and leave capspace for lebron the following year.

Again I ask you how is this the worst Kobe possible when the stats say otherwise? His PER is at an all time high, he's shooting 50 pct from the field, 40 pct from 3, and his field goal attempts are down considerably from a year ago. Kobe along with a few others like Durant and Bron have all been the best players in the NBA this year.

As a business man, which Jerry Buss is very good at, why would he dismantle a team that has the chance to go deep into the playoffs? Why would he amnesty Kobe, trade Steve Nash and Metta, etc..? Steve Nash hasn't even had an opportunity to play. Kobe is having a career year efficiency wise and Metta looks surpisingly good this year. Why fire D'antoni when he just go here? Your thinking is irrational and if anything, Pau is the guy that should be worried as his mediocore perfomances have been in question all year.

Hawkeye15
11-28-2012, 04:28 AM
too early to hit the panic button

Hellcrooner
11-28-2012, 04:29 AM
Shades of 2004 except instead of Shaq they have Dwight and instead of Malone they have Gasol.

Oh and instead of Phil Jackson they have 0 Chip Pringles.

Right now they don't look like a contender.
Doesn't mean I count them out though if they get their shiz together.

no.

shaq = 12 Kobe the old ***** with one more year after this of a mammoth contract that refuses to pass the torch to the heir.
howard= 04 kobe the young guy, who is an expiring and can walk away for free and wants to be the man, and deserves to start being the man because the od ***** is not that good anymore
nash=malone, the almost 40 veteran that came thinking he would get a ring and came out empty handed, because among other things his health failed him.
Payton= Gasol veteran player follmer allstar, still great but thrown into a system that does not fit him at al, plays awfully in it, gets blamed daiy, in the end they wil be traded in some b.s deal, bought out and end riding the heat into a ring.

:D

Hellcrooner
11-28-2012, 04:30 AM
Again I ask you how is this the worst Kobe possible when the stats say otherwise? His PER is at an all time high, he's shooting 50 pct from the field, 40 pct from 3, and his field goal attempts are down considerably from a year ago. Kobe along with a few others like Durant and Bron have all been the best players in the NBA this year.

ill answer you when dwight refuses to sign back.

Lakersfan2483
11-28-2012, 04:39 AM

So what is your solution regarding Dwight? For the most part, I have seen him get plenty of touches this year. Keep in mind, he gets in foul trouble almost every game and misses signifcant time on the floor as a result. He's coming back from a major injury and so timing and stamina are an issue which makes it difficult to be the "primary" focus of an offense. He also is turnover prone and cannot shoot free throws, which makes it tough to get him the ball during crunch time (See today's game against the Pacers in which he bricked 2 free throws that would have put the Lakers up). If anything, D'antoni needs to do a better job of empasizing to the team to feature Dwight more when he's with the 2nd unit as they go away from him far too much..........

Baller1
11-28-2012, 04:45 AM
There's no way you can write off that team this early. Not only to they have a **** ton of talent, they have the ability to make a move at the deadline if it gets to the point. They have four all-stars, a solid player in Jamison, and absolute ****ing **** outside of that. They'll get something at the deadline and make a late push for a high seed when everyone get healthy. They'll be 100% fine.

With that said... **** the Lakers and I hope I'm dead wrong and they lose every game from here on out.

JayW_1023
11-28-2012, 06:11 AM

2 fire dantoni
5 AMNESTY THE *****.

I always snicker when Lakers or Knicks fans devise ridiculous trade ideas as if they could happen overnight.

SteBO
11-28-2012, 06:45 AM
LAL will be back to their dominating ways just like years past. Had the Lakers won last night, this wouldn't be a discussion I believe. On top of that, Nash is still not back yet. I want to see them at full strength.

netsgiantsyanks
11-28-2012, 07:01 AM
the problem with people is that they jump to conclusion too early. there's 67 games left in the season.

Teufelshunde4
11-28-2012, 07:14 AM
Thought Lakers were taking down the Bulls 72-10 season record easy?

Guess it hurts when all the other teams in the league come to play as well.

BALLER R
11-28-2012, 07:37 AM
Their going to regret not bringing back Phil. But I do agree they should trade Gasol for some bench pieces. You don't need a star just get some good role players.

Andrew32
11-28-2012, 07:38 AM
shaq = 12 Kobe the old ***** with one more year after this of a mammoth contract that refuses to pass the torch to the heir.

Eh... Shaq was better then Kobe in 2004 and he was still clearly the better offensive anchor.

He was also the veteran and was the main force behind their early 00 3peat.
Phil wanted the offense run through Shaq also.

Kobe was in the wrong for not accepting the role they wanted him to take and in the end it hurt their chemistry and overall on-court success.

There was no reason for Shaq to pass the torch at that point.
06 would have been the year he should have passed it (if they stayed together).

I don't really care if the offense is run through Kobe again this year but they need to have a more balanced offense to make it work either way.

dos132
11-28-2012, 07:45 AM
what would you expect? a perfect stat? 15-0? :facepalm:

too early to predict...

SirSkyHook
11-28-2012, 07:52 AM

Sad.
But true.

2 fire dantoni
5 AMNESTY THE *****.

This Biggest Pau appologist iv'e ever seen. No check that , the biggest player appologist ever. Pau is playing like CRAP!!!! Deal with it!!!.

I do agree with you on one thing though and that is If Pau was traded he would be a beast on another team. He's doing now what he did to Memphis before being traded to the Lakers. He began to get called out for his play and back problems I believe, and he started to pout and quited on them. When he was traded to the Lakers all of the sudden he's a beast again and you never heard of that back again, well maybe once lol.

No different from now. He has pouted since the 2010 finals and despite making 19 million a year he has quited on the Lakers. It was his touches, than his fatiuge, than Phil was to hard on him, than the fans are to tough on him, than it was his girl that dipped on him during the playoffs, than its the trade rumors,than he plays great for Spain, than its the offence, now its his tendenitis. He either dosent wanna play the game any more but wants to keep getting payed, or he's quitting on the team.

It's all Pau and you know this Crooner. Your on your knees shinning Pau' boots, and he's telling you its raining, but it's not, he's just pissing on you man.

Andrew32
11-28-2012, 07:55 AM
This Biggest Pau appologist iv'e ever seen. No check that , the biggest player appologist ever. Pau is playing like CRAP!!!! Deal with it!!!.
Kobe has played like crap the past two years in the playoffs.
I don't see you complaining about him.

Pau has been played "out of position" don't you get it?

He doesn't play well offensively unless he is predominately a low-post scorer.

Defensively he can't be played against quick PF's because of his currently weak mobility.
He can still block shots and protect the paint with his length but he can't guard quick guys... it is what it is.

Knicks21
11-28-2012, 08:02 AM
They lack 3 point shooting, but you have to still have faith with the talent they have. Nash will change everything.

SirSkyHook
11-28-2012, 08:05 AM

Kobe played percentage wise like crap it was not for lack of effort, and I did complain about him I just didnt have a account at the time, lol

What I get is when he was in the post players pushed him out of position nightly, and he was even passive than. Am I wrong?

Defensively he can't be played against quick PF's because of his currently weak mobility.
And he cant hold his position in the post either can he?

He can still block shots and protect the paint with his length but he can't guard quick guys... it is what it is.
So many excuses dude. You Pau fans expect Kobe, Dwight,Nash and others to play great games nightly, but wheres the accountability for Pau.

No More Excusses!!!!

thenaj17
11-28-2012, 08:07 AM

Pau has had some chances on the block this season but has failed to deliver almost every time. When he has lead the 2nd unit, he hasn't been forceful enough and looks badly out of shape.

thenaj17
11-28-2012, 08:09 AM

I do agree with you on one thing though and that is If Pau was traded he would be a beast on another team. He's doing now what he did to Memphis before being traded to the Lakers. He began to get called out for his play and back problems I believe, and he started to pout and quited on them. When he was traded to the Lakers all of the sudden he's a beast again and you never heard of that back again, well maybe once lol.

No different from now. He has pouted since the 2010 finals and despite making 19 million a year he has quited on the Lakers. It was his touches, than his fatiuge, than Phil was to hard on him, than the fans are to tough on him, than it was his girl that dipped on him during the playoffs, than its the trade rumors,than he plays great for Spain, than its the offence, now its his tendenitis. He either dosent wanna play the game any more but wants to keep getting payed, or he's quitting on the team.

It's all Pau and you know this Crooner. Your on your knees shinning Pau' boots, and he's telling you its raining, but it's not, he's just pissing on you man

:laugh2:

benzni
11-28-2012, 09:03 AM
worst starters and deepest bench in the league...

kidding

Nash is not even back yet give it time Mr. Impatient

iliketurtles24
11-28-2012, 09:14 AM
just wait till mid season

Raidaz4Life
11-28-2012, 09:30 AM
Metroman needs his thread making privileges taken away. Enough with all the "pity party" threads.

Minimal
11-28-2012, 09:40 AM
2010-11 Heat started 9-8. They ended up in the finals.
2011-12 Celtics started 4-8. They almost beat Heat in conference finals.

There is a lot of time for Lakers.

king2218
11-28-2012, 09:50 AM
LA should trade Gasol for Josh Smith & Korver. They get a shooter and a defensive minded PF. Steve Nash/Josh Smith pick n roll would be deadly! And even if LA doesn't trade Gasol...to integrate Nash back into the team it might take them a good 40 to 50 games. Unless Dwight becomes a dominant low post offensive player this team won't go anywhere.

Chill_Will_24
11-28-2012, 11:08 AM
Lack shooters in a D'Antoni offense... spells disaster waiting to happen

nickdymez
11-28-2012, 11:32 AM

:facepalm:

nickdymez
11-28-2012, 11:35 AM

It's all Pau and you know this Crooner. Your on your knees shinning Pau' boots, and he's telling you its raining, but it's not, he's just pissing on you man.

funniest **** ever!!

nickdymez
11-28-2012, 11:36 AM

No, Kobe is the only guy on our team that has any heart. He's the only guy who acts like every game is a playoff game. The fact that you dont realize that is sad

Ill21
11-28-2012, 11:36 AM
Miami was 9-10 in there first year. Relax.

whitemamba33
11-28-2012, 11:39 AM
Lack shooters in a D'Antoni offense... spells disaster waiting to happen

One of the best shooting point guards in the league returning shortly.

SteBO
11-28-2012, 11:39 AM
No, Kobe is the only guy on our team that has any heart. He's the only guy who acts like every game is a playoff game. The fact that you dont realize that is sad
He did have 10 turnovers, but it speaks to how hard he plays and how hard he's trying to create for others and get guys going. Last night was his most inefficient game of the year, but it was kinda expected given how borderline irrelevant everyone else was. He can only do so much alone at his age now.

SteBO
11-28-2012, 11:41 AM
Miami was 9-10 in there first year. Relax.
9-8, but yes they started off slowly. I'm telling you guys, as soon as Nash gets back this team will take off.

nickdymez
11-28-2012, 11:47 AM
He did have 10 turnovers, but it speaks to how hard he plays and how hard he's trying to create for others and get guys going. Last night was his most inefficient game of the year, but it was kinda expected given how borderline irrelevant everyone else was. He can only do so much alone at his age now.

Yea, those turnovers were unacceptable no doubt. That was terrible, 10 turnovers are ridiculous. But he seems like the only one that plays hard. And Jordan hill has nice energy. Dwight needs to step up and be a leader for real.

justinnum1
11-28-2012, 11:50 AM
Nash will help the offense, but will hurt an already bad defense.

Not looking good.

Gibby23
11-28-2012, 11:55 AM

Not looking good.

The defense is pretty good. top 10 for sure, maybe a bit better

nickdymez
11-28-2012, 11:56 AM

Not looking good.

The Defense looks pretty good actually.

b_russ
11-28-2012, 12:00 PM
My two cents on the matter. I never thought they were a shoe in to even play in the Western Conference Championship let alone win the whole enchilada this year. That being said, even after all that has happened so far this year they are still contenders. They're only 1 game under .500! Every team that plays them is going to give it their all to try and beat them every night. This meltdown that so many are prematurely tagging them with is uncalled for, but I would love it if it does happen.

justinnum1
11-28-2012, 12:00 PM
The Defense looks pretty good actually.

If you can't get a stop when you need one how good is it really?

It will be worse when nash returns.

Gibby23
11-28-2012, 12:19 PM

If they hit a free throw or 2, that might help, it's not just Howard missing.

Hellcrooner
11-28-2012, 12:22 PM

Dont worry, every time the opposing pg breaks Nahs in a tight end it wil be Paus fault..:rolleyes:

king4day
11-28-2012, 12:31 PM
If they can't figure things out ask Kobe to take a back seat. If he won't, then try to trade him or let him walk after his contract ends and move on with Nash and Howard as the primary cogs.

rhymeratic
11-28-2012, 12:33 PM
D'Antoni is the coach.... It is a LOCK they not winning this year.

D'Antoni is the NBA's version of Norv Turner.

justinnum1
11-28-2012, 12:36 PM

that was a good one lol

Teeboy1487
11-28-2012, 12:36 PM

The Lakers are 4th in the league in defensive efficiency behind ATL, Indiana, and Chicago with 98.3. They are in the top 10 in points allowed with 95.5 ppg. This is while playing at the 5th most fastest pace in the league. They are also third in rebounding. They are a good defensive team no question.

As for this thread, still too early. However, if the lakers do not make a few more moves, they will not win. The lack of 3 point shooting and speed will hurt this team considering the system. This is why I preferred Phil over Dantoni. Pau and Howard would thrive in the triangle and they both belong in the post. They will not be utilized properly offensively in Dantoni's system. His system is not a winning formula.

shep33
11-28-2012, 01:42 PM

Not looking good.

Our defense isn't that bad. 10th in the NBA in opp ppg. It's turnovers and missed FT's that have killed us. We'll see what happens when Nash comes back. Hopefully we start to play better :(

whitemamba33
11-28-2012, 02:08 PM
The Lakers are 4th in the league in defensive efficiency behind ATL, Indiana, and Chicago with 98.3. They are in the top 10 in points allowed with 95.5 ppg. This is while playing at the 5th most fastest pace in the league. They are also third in rebounding. They are a good defensive team no question.

As for this thread, still too early. However, if the lakers do not make a few more moves, they will not win. The lack of 3 point shooting and speed will hurt this team considering the system. This is why I preferred Phil over Dantoni. Pau and Howard would thrive in the triangle and they both belong in the post. They will not be utilized properly offensively in Dantoni's system. His system is not a winning formula.

I found those numbers to be very interesting.

Im_in_Mia_bish
11-28-2012, 02:10 PM
per dictionary.com

everyone= pertaining to all that are not miami heat fans

What about Okc fans? :o

Im_in_Mia_bish
11-28-2012, 02:11 PM
HA! jk @ im in mia bish... :)

No worries lol

mamba24
11-28-2012, 02:13 PM

I completely agree with this statement. Pau has got to go. If the Lakers want to keep up with OKC, NY, Miami, and San Antonio they need to pick up someone who can hit an open jump shot and an athletic slasher type player for Pau... Pau doesn't play any defense and doesnt run the floor well enough to be in D'Antoni's offense

DanG
11-28-2012, 02:19 PM
We need to get Dwight more involved. I really don't know what's going on with Pau. I guess we have to wait and see what he can do when he's healthy. Bench is inconsistant, they need to show up every game and score 20+. Last night besides Kobe and Dwight the rest of the guys shot 5-38 (13%).

Alayla
11-28-2012, 02:19 PM
Argh.. I've said it once and ill say it again they will be fine come playoff time. Relax that being said your wrong if u think everyone expected them to be a shu in to win a title mabye you expectaions where just insane.

justinnum1
11-28-2012, 03:40 PM
You guys are right, i didnt think they were that good on defense.

I do expect that to drop a little when nash comes back but they will still probably be top 10.

AIRMAR72
11-28-2012, 03:43 PM
YES. its safe to say it

MetroMan
12-03-2012, 01:18 AM
This team looks horrible

RonE Coleman
12-03-2012, 01:23 AM
Easy way to beat the Lakers : use all 13 players and foul Dwight every time down the floor. Id make him take 30-40 free throws a game, he'd 15 on a good day.

Lim
12-03-2012, 01:28 AM
they wont win until kobe retires or gets traded, he is a CANCER at this point in his career. you can mark my words. put it in all your sigs, book it, w/e

torocan
12-03-2012, 01:36 AM
Critics are getting way too worked up.

New coach, players who are coming back from injury, and missing a key star.

You've essentially got a team of players who have NEVER played together, learning an entirely new system, effectively without the benefit of a trading camp, missing one of your key defensive cogs and with a weak bench.

It's going to take a minimum of 15-20 games before you start seeing any cohesion, and probably not until Nash is back and you're at the All Star break before you start to see real dividends.

Not to mention we need to see what happens at the trade deadline. I wouldn't be surprised if there are some substantial moves.

And really, it doesn't matter what the record is now. There are still 65 games to play, and all the Lakers need to do is MAKE the playoffs.

Once they gel on a decent level, they'll be a legitimate threat to pretty much ANY team they face.

Doesn't matter who the coach is. Phil, Sloan or Pops couldn't fix this team any faster than D'Antoni can.

As for how effective it will be, only time will tell but I wouldn't count the Lakers out any more than I'd count out the Celtics.

Hawkeye15
12-03-2012, 01:39 AM
I am still annoyed at how much people overreact to early season.

NYYCowboys
12-03-2012, 01:40 AM
Great win for the Magic. They musta been really fired up.

Avenged
12-03-2012, 01:41 AM
I am still annoyed at how much people overreact to early season.

I am annoyed how a "Lakers fan" created this and how the same "Lakers fan" bumped it.

NYKNYGNYY
12-03-2012, 01:48 AM
This thread was made before December ....that's like saying a NFL team is out of it after starting 0-1

NYKNYGNYY
12-03-2012, 01:49 AM
Nash will come back , d'Antoni will get more comfortable and everyone will be sayin they are favorites again

TeamSeattle
12-03-2012, 01:51 AM
I told Laker fans that Dantoni was fool's gold and I was laughed at. He was never a good coach to begin with. Nash was the real coach of that Phx team.

AddiX
12-03-2012, 01:53 AM
When you have Dwight and gasol in the middle, your in excellent shape.

For some god awful reason la decided to put an entirely too talented starting lineup to a coach with a gimmick system and nothing else. I know a lot of Knicks fans annoy the NBA forum, but none Of them were lying when they said just how awful mike d is as a coach.

I'm still amazed they allowed mike d to take over that team.

DumDum
12-03-2012, 02:01 AM
Kobe needs to hand the team over but theirs no one to hand it over to. This laker team should not be losing like this to a magic team with this roster .

HuRRiCaNeS324
12-03-2012, 02:04 AM
dp

HuRRiCaNeS324
12-03-2012, 02:04 AM

except we didnt fire our coach like 5 games into the season lol.

please refrain from comparing that trash to the HEAT

shep33
12-03-2012, 02:05 AM
We're struggling a lot due to our pg situation. Kobe has been our pg since Nash has been out, and he's playing like 38 mpg. This is last year all over again

shep33
12-03-2012, 02:09 AM
Give it some time, we should be okay.

stranger
12-03-2012, 02:54 AM

D'Antoni is the same garbage,as was Mike Brown,they are both from the same trash can...choice of Lakers F.....g office...
Kobe did approove him,because he knew the FO won't bring any decent coach.
There are only 4 or 6 of them in NBA today,4 of them with opthem teams and 2 won't bend over with Lakers half *** FO.

kyubi256
12-03-2012, 02:57 AM
Well the Heat didn't start off hot either. If they can bounce back and get some consistency then they should be fine

Munkeysuit
12-03-2012, 03:00 AM
Here is the problem in a nutshell, The Los Angeles Lakers, as an organization, are winners...they do nothing else but win titles. They have gone and acquired players that have never won any titles and have played or coached for organizations that have never won any as well. Coach Brown was the closest when he was with San Antonio...and that is about it!
Dwight Howard has never won, neither have Steve Nash or Antawn Jamison, they come from Organizations that has had their share of problems with winning and problems with coaches who do not know how to control their star players...now they (The Lakers) have gone and added that same formula to their prestigious franchise, and for all the great expectations, this added formula will fail the whole experiment!
The Lakers didn't even need any stars added to this team, they needed hungry, fresh, young talent that will want nothing better than to prove themselves on the greatest stage, in front of some of the world's greatest fans, and playing for one of, if not, the greatest franchise in the history of the NBA! they don't need has been's! they don't need drama queens and they certainly do not need a coach who's system has proven to win only in the regular season...never deep into the post season.

Gibby
12-03-2012, 03:24 AM
Even when Nash comes back, who knows how effective he will be. Pau is playing the worst basketball of his career and is complaining about tendinitis, and i dont see that situation getting better as season goes.

I think Dwight and Kobe are the only reliable ones on this team. Sure Dwight is still not 100% but when he is, he will be playing like DPOY.

Kobe has been playing well, he may try to do too much sometimes but you can't blame him for that because his team has been crap. The only issue with kobe is if all workload of running the offence and scoring will catch up to him. He played a condensed season last year and played in the olympics. I felt he wore down as season went on last year.

ddent12
12-03-2012, 03:29 AM
I think it's safe to say "Nash for MVP" and I'm actually serious about that. If Nash comes back and some how some way the Lakers start ripping it up. I'd think He'd be well deserving of it.

JJ_JKidd
12-03-2012, 05:11 AM

Safe to say that not even 1/4 of the season and you post that the Lakers will not win this year is :facepalm:

RELAX LAKERS FANS AND HATERS! June is several months away and yall say stuff like these?

shep33
12-03-2012, 05:12 AM
Nash is the key to everything we do offensively. The offense is built around him and Kobe going P&R. Problem is Kobe has been playing pg this entire season while Nash has been out. Literally it's 4 on 5 out there. Darius Morris is what he is... a 2nd round raw point guard. Duhon has surprised and played well in spurts, but again, if you take away the starting and backup point guard for any team in this league, they'll have problems.

We're playing our 3rd and 4th stringers right now. We still shouldn't lose to lesser teams, but without question that's been a major problem for us. 8-9, it could be a lot worse considering we don't haven't had our starting or backup pg's for basically this entire year, 3 head coaches in 17 games, 2 new offensive systems, 2 vastly different rotations between what Brown and D'antoni have done, 1.25 games of our starters playing together... lol, it's been a rocky ride so far.

I think we'll be okay in time though.

AnthonyTyrael
12-03-2012, 01:03 PM
I don't think Lakers will be okay, even with Nash being healthy. They'll never make it to a REAL contender this year. No way.

Jarvo
12-03-2012, 01:18 PM
They'll be fine but wont make the WCF or The Finals *even though I want to see a Heat vs Lakers Finals*

The Jokemaker
12-03-2012, 01:21 PM
Lakers will be in the Finals. No doubt 100% in my mind they will be. And for the record, I'm not a lakers fan.

TheIlladelph16
12-03-2012, 01:28 PM
There's no way I'm writing off a team with Kobe, Nash, Dwight, and Pau 16 games into a season. On talent alone they are a championship contender. Personally, I don't think they will win it with younger and/or better teams in front of them, but to write them off is ludicrous.

AnthonyTyrael
12-06-2012, 01:45 PM
No matter how many games they've played they won't win it imo IF they keep that team together. They have the talent but they'll never win a championship series, just the way they act, play together and miss their FT's, especially in moments when every action and momentum counts. Plus Dwight's defense isn't what it used to be the last 1.5 years and their bench needs more depth and strength as well.

They're their own pestilence. Just wait til Nash comes back (what will help but will not overshine their problems) and just wait how long their headcoach will last.

EmbodyingCake
12-06-2012, 02:01 PM
It would be safer to say that the Lakers can only improve from here on out.

jchase3
12-06-2012, 02:12 PM
Less than 20 games into the season and you want to say the Lakers aren't going to win? Real intelligent...

Yeah, let's take a sample size of less than 1/4 of the games in an NBA season while they are playing with Darius Morris/Chris Duhon as their starting point guard in an offense completely reliant on Steve Nash who has been injured all season.

Stinkyoutsider
12-06-2012, 02:19 PM
It's early and there's a new coach and new core players in the team so I would give them until 10 games after the all star break to see if they've gotten everything sorted out. 7-8 wouldn't scare me if I was a Lakers fan. Lots of work to do to get the chemistry back together.

If the Lakers are still shaky by that time, then we really can't blame anyone other than Lakers management. I mean, how can fans rely on a 39 old point guard to be the make or break for the team so far?

I think the Lakers should be worried about Howard's free throw shooting though. It's absolutely horrible and getting worse. They should be calling in Mark Price or Steve Kerr to work with him for as long as it takes to get better.

I haven't heard much from Gasol, but he needs to get angry and tell D'Antoni that he's the first option in the post. Howard is good there but Gasol is a better post scorer and passer.

Gram
12-06-2012, 02:20 PM
The Lakers.

SLY WILLIAMS
12-06-2012, 02:21 PM
Kobe
Dwight
Nash
Gasol
Artest/Metta
Jamison

That talent alone (albeit aging talent) pretty much guarantees 50 wins or more even if they were coached by Donald Duck.

Will they win a championship? That is a much larger question.

Pluvious
12-06-2012, 04:52 PM
No matter how many games they've played they won't win it imo IF they keep that team together. They have the talent but they'll never win a championship series, just the way they act, play together and miss their FT's, especially in moments when every action and momentum counts. Plus Dwight's defense isn't what it used to be the last 1.5 years and their bench needs more depth and strength as well.

They're their own pestilence. Just wait til Nash comes back (what will help but will not overshine their problems) and just wait how long their headcoach will last.

Everything you bring up can be explained by the little time the team has played together. The team has played like a group of people thrown together.

Also, your Dwight comments are way off about defense. He's been steadily getting better on D as he gets more healthy. Last game vs NO he had 5 blocks and the Lakers played much better as a team defensively down the stretch.

Evolution23
12-06-2012, 07:58 PM
kobe
dwight
nash
gasol
artest/metta
jamison

that talent alone (albeit aging talent) pretty much guarantees 50 wins or more even if they were coached by donald duck.

Will they win a championship? That is a much larger question.

slyyyyyyyyyyy whatup

B'sCeltsPatsSox
12-06-2012, 10:27 PM
If the Spurs and Lakers face each other in a playoff series, the D'Antoni vs. Pop aspect of the series would be hysterical.

C-Style
12-06-2012, 11:00 PM
When Lakers click it all together they will become very dangerous. If they would win a ring? maybe

shep33
12-06-2012, 11:04 PM
Such a weird team. When it has clicked it looks absolutely unstoppable. Sadly it hasn't been close to consistent yet. Injuries, 3 different coaches, 2 different offenses, and these guys not playing together had caused a hiccup

PurpleJesus
12-06-2012, 11:42 PM
too much star power on the team to say its safe to say that.

NoahH
12-06-2012, 11:45 PM
HEAT were 8-7 or whatever in their first year right? And how far did they go? FINALS. It's possible, I hate the Lakers but im not ruling them out

MetroMan
12-10-2012, 03:35 AM
Trade everyone

JayW_1023
12-10-2012, 04:07 AM
Kobe took a few ridiculous shots he had no business taking.

He is the reason why they're losing by shooting too many ill advised shots. Whether you're Kobe Bryant or Earl Clark, that's not good basketball.

DumDum
12-10-2012, 05:08 AM
Trade everyone

That would be a buss move

b-ballistic
12-10-2012, 05:10 AM
HEAT were 8-7 or whatever in their first year right? And how far did they go? FINALS. It's possible, I hate the Lakers but im not ruling them out

The Lakers are not the Heat. They're older and more susceptible to injury. With no depth, I would say they are a longshot to make the Finals much less win the whole thing. I do think they'll make the playoffs, though.

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-10-2012, 05:19 AM

He is the reason why they're losing by shooting too many ill advised shots. Whether you're Kobe Bryant or Earl Clark, that's not good basketball.

The Lakers scored 110 points. The opposition scored 117 points. And yet you say Kobe missing shots leads to 117 pts for the other team?...ask yourself that first and then rethink the next time you decide to put forth your analysis on an NBA basketball game.

naps
12-10-2012, 06:00 AM
They will be fine once they pick up their defense (Even though I doubt that under D'Antonie) and once Nash gets back and puts Kobe into a bag.

ldawg
12-10-2012, 08:13 AM
Its totally out, them finishing top 4. Possible for them to finish 6-8 seed in the brutal west. Now they are a team you want to avoid in the playoffs but they are very beatable. But i see them going fishing in the 1st round. That is if it remains this group.

ldawg
12-10-2012, 08:16 AM
They are bad at home and worst on the road and dont play 1 lick of defense. And all the coach seem to talk about is speed. Its not a race track and boy o boy they shoot alot of threes.

Faneik
12-10-2012, 08:34 AM

The Lakers scored 110 points. The opposition scored 117 points. And yet you say Kobe missing shots leads to 117 pts for the other team?...ask yourself that first and then rethink the next time you decide to put forth your analysis on an NBA basketball game.

JayW has a point.

It's bad team defense and bad shot selection.

Howard is under-used on offense, because Kobe has to be the hero. Taking long contested jumpers won't win you many basketball games.

You guys have all the tools to play an effective inside-outside game, Howard taking 10 shots is just bad strategy.

novanet
12-10-2012, 09:00 AM
I'll sure be glad if the Lakers don't go to the playoffs!:)

waveycrockett
12-10-2012, 09:11 AM
The Lakers are 1-4 in their last 5 and outside of OKC those teams have been pretty crappy. Safe to say that under Antoni they just aren't a playoff team. Blow it up.

thenaj17
12-10-2012, 09:27 AM
JayW has a point.

It's bad team defense and bad shot selection.

Howard is under-used on offense, because Kobe has to be the hero. Taking long contested jumpers won't win you many basketball games.

You guys have all the tools to play an effective inside-outside game, Howard taking 10 shots is just bad strategy.

That's not Kobe's fault. Dwight had the ball plenty. When he isn't passing out of the post, he's turning it over or getting fouled and making less than 50% FT's.

justinnum1
12-10-2012, 10:50 AM
That's not Kobe's fault. Dwight had the ball plenty. When he isn't passing out of the post, he's turning it over or getting fouled and making less than 50% FT's.

dwight is not a good post player, he needs someone to set him up in the pick and roll. if dwight i still getting 10 shots a game when nash returns, dwight is gone next season.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-10-2012, 10:55 AM
Why would the Lakers hire a coach that wants the team to run and gun when the team is very old?

SportsFanatic10
12-10-2012, 10:59 AM
Why would the Lakers hire a coach that wants the team to run and gun when the team is very old?

exactly, they don't have the athletes to pull it off and it leads to turnovers. and they're too slow to get back on defense. lots of things don't make sense with that team right now.

JayW_1023
12-10-2012, 11:38 AM

On the contrary.

If you don't think long contested jumpers doesn't make you prone to fast breaks on the other side, you haven't watched the game enough.

All the Jazz had to do was pack the paint and get a long rebound and they have the edge in the transition game.

It's not rocket science.

It annoys me how Kobe never gets any blame when the Lakers lose, yet all the credit when they win. You have the best C in the league down low, and an elite PF who is over seven foot tall. That's alot of high percentage looks.

Kobe has no business taking 30 plus shots on a team with that kind of post presence. Ridiculous. Just ridiculous.

The Lakers are better off following the Grizz' blueprint. Use your bigs to generate high percentage looks, and when the D collapses punish them with perimeter shooting and drives. The lakers have the personel to pull it off.

It's true the D'Antoni system doesn't translate well to these players. They need a tweener at the four to make it work.

Stan Van Gundy's system is perfect for this team, but I doubt he and Dwight would want to bury the hatchet.

ne3xchamps
12-10-2012, 12:11 PM
Its way to early for this kind of talk, IMO they will come around. They have way too much talent not too... unless they become the eagles of the NBA. :shrug:

kdspurman
12-10-2012, 12:18 PM
On the contrary.

If you don't think long contested jumpers doesn't make you prone to fast breaks on the other side, you haven't watched the game enough.

All the Jazz had to do was pack the paint and get a long rebound and they have the edge in the transition game.

It's not rocket science.

It annoys me how Kobe never gets any blame when the Lakers lose, yet all the credit when they win. You have the best C in the league down low, and an elite PF who is over seven foot tall. That's alot of high percentage looks.

Kobe has no business taking 30 plus shots on a team with that kind of post presence. Ridiculous. Just ridiculous.

The Lakers are better off following the Grizz' blueprint. Use your bigs to generate high percentage looks, and when the D collapses punish them with perimeter shooting and drives. The lakers have the personel to pull it off.

It's true the D'Antoni system doesn't translate well to these players. They need a tweener at the four to make it work.

Stan Van Gundy's system is perfect for this team, but I doubt he and Dwight would want to bury the hatchet.

I think you also saw it with Memphis when Rudy Gay was out. Gasol/Randolph were the primary guys and they were 1 win away from the WCF. They're finally starting to gel with him back now, but you can see when you have 2 big guys as the primary weapons, there is a lot of damage that can be done.

I wonder when Dwight starts asking for the ball more how things will turn out. Kobe can do no wrong in his eyes. This was a problem for them last year too at times.

godolphins
12-10-2012, 12:21 PM
The Lakers need time to gel. It's way too early to count them out. Especially since the most important piece of their offence is out indefinitely with an injury.

NYKalltheway
12-10-2012, 12:21 PM
They can't win with D'Antoni. No one can.

JayW_1023
12-10-2012, 01:20 PM
I think you also saw it with Memphis when Rudy Gay was out. Gasol/Randolph were the primary guys and they were 1 win away from the WCF. They're finally starting to gel with him back now, but you can see when you have 2 big guys as the primary weapons, there is a lot of damage that can be done.

I wonder when Dwight starts asking for the ball more how things will turn out. Kobe can do no wrong in his eyes. This was a problem for them last year too at times.

On top of it, a team with so much size and skill in the post is ill-suited for D'Antoni's small ball system.

Baller1
12-10-2012, 01:28 PM

Bingo.

SINCESTARBURY25
12-10-2012, 01:46 PM
Lakers bomb get High pick become immortal. Too bad the draft sucks

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-10-2012, 01:50 PM
On the contrary.

It's not rocket science.

Stan Van Gundy's system is perfect for this team, but I doubt he and Dwight would want to bury the hatchet. Now that you elaborated eloquently on your previous post and now I understand the point you're trying to make, yes, I will have to agree with your notion. Thanks dude.

bluefire7002
12-10-2012, 01:51 PM
The Lakers need time to gel. It's way too early to count them out. Especially since the most important piece of their offence is out indefinitely with an injury.

Agreed. We cant say what Lakers will or will not do when 2 of their starters are out win injuries and have only played 1 regular season game together.

Pluvious
12-10-2012, 01:53 PM

Phoenix won 62 games one year. They clearly can win and should be winning. Obviously the coach can and likely is playing a role in the problem but its been 2 coaches now having difficulty. They don't play hard and don't fight consistently plus they have some personnel issues right now.

SLY WILLIAMS
12-10-2012, 01:54 PM
Kobe-Dwight-Nash-Pau-Artest-Jamison will win 50 games on pure hoops talent alone.

bluefire7002
12-10-2012, 02:02 PM
Phoenix won 62 games one year. They clearly can win and should be winning. Obviously the coach can and likely is playing a role in the problem but its been 2 coaches now having difficulty. They don't play hard and don't fight consistently plus they have some personnel issues right now.

haha they seriously played harder on D with Bernie as their coach :D

beliges
12-10-2012, 02:32 PM

PHO had a terrific bench and their stars were in their prime. Lakers have no bench and.only Dwight is in his prime and he has significant offensive short comings.

ChicagoFan4Eva
12-10-2012, 02:36 PM
It's basketball.. nothing is sure thing.. dallas-golden state.. game 7. nuff said

LongWayFromHome
12-10-2012, 04:25 PM
It's basketball.. nothing is sure thing.. dallas-golden state.. game 7. nuff said

Umm golden state beat DAL in 6 that year. Also GS beat Dallas all 3 meetings that year.

kdspurman
12-10-2012, 06:01 PM
On top of it, a team with so much size and skill in the post is ill-suited for D'Antoni's small ball system.

Yea, it's not something he'll be able to take advantage of. I don't see how making them the run and gun type of team uses the talent/personnel they have now.

jam
12-10-2012, 10:29 PM
Kobe and Nash are well past their prime. Pau is out of it, as usual. So is Dwight, for different reasons.

This team's a mess, with tons of drama, and very little cohesion. Kobe's trying to bully his team into wins, and he's being ignored, or laughed at.

The Lakers are basically a soap opera at this point.

Look forward to decades of incompetence under drug addled Jim Buss.