PDA

View Full Version : How is Joey Crawford still allowed to ref in the NBA?

310Casper
11-28-2012, 02:26 AM
http://i.minus.com/inkcLeF1AOTfo.gif

The guy clearly lets his emotions get in the way of reffing. He's the one who gave Tim Duncan a tech for laughing on the bench. Tonight he made one of the worst calls I have ever witnessed in my entire life. Not taking anything away from the lakers horrible play...they deserved to lose anyway.

Does the NBA review each game these refs work in to evaluate if they are still able to do their jobs consistently? Crawford just always strikes me as different from all other refs, he's the most emotional and attention-seeking ref all time in the NBA. :facepalm:

Im_in_Mia_bish
11-28-2012, 02:29 AM
he's one of the most inconsistent refs ive seen.

but the lakers didnt lose cos of refs.

waveycrockett
11-28-2012, 02:30 AM
LMAOOOO but they gave the Lakers a crazy make up call on the other end with Ron Artest on the Dwight Howard missed free throws.

310Casper
"Joey Crawford has taken over more games than Jordan"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaZIAXJJDKQ

Plat
That was frigging hilarious when I saw that

3ballbomber
11-28-2012, 02:31 AM
Crawford is a criminal.

BoilerMan013
11-28-2012, 02:32 AM
The Lakers shot 43 FTs. If you're shooting that many from the line being upset about a few calls seems petty. Because you clearly picked up a few cheap calls on your way to 43 FTs.

lakerboy
11-28-2012, 02:33 AM
He called it both ways though... Meaning, he sucked and took over the game.

310Casper
11-28-2012, 02:33 AM
The Lakers shot 43 FTs. If you're shooting that many from the line being upset about a few calls seems petty. Because you clearly picked up a few cheap calls on your way to 43 FTs.

As mentioned in the 1st post, "not taking anything away from the lakers horrible play tonight, they deserve to lose."

This thread is about Crawford's abilities to do his job.

Zefflin
11-28-2012, 02:34 AM
How??? HAhaha he's David Sterns little insider pet...one of them...

Zefflin
11-28-2012, 02:34 AM
joey crawford wins MILLIONS on Kobe games

heyman321
11-28-2012, 02:35 AM
Lmfao what was that little dance? I missed the game what was the call?

BoilerMan013
11-28-2012, 02:37 AM
As mentioned in the 1st post, "not taking anything away from the lakers horrible play tonight, they deserve to lose."

This thread is about Crawford's abilities to do his job.

That call wouldn't have been so bad looking if he didn't dance halfway across the court though lol. Missed block/charges happen like that almost every game when it's obvious upon camera review from angles designed to make it obvious.

And if he does get out of hand sometimes, it's not very often that the players get out of hand in his games. Which the league loves about him I'm sure.

Im_in_Mia_bish
11-28-2012, 02:37 AM
he called a blocking foul on a charge.

nd got excited lol

310Casper
11-28-2012, 02:38 AM

That was about an hour ago. He called a blocking foul on Duhon, which was 100% clearly a charging call. It was one of those calls that when shown on the megatron seconds after the whistle, the whole arena went up in flames and roars since it was clearly a horrible horrible call, yet Joey Crawford wanted to control the game as usual.

There were about 2-3 minutes left in the game, i believe it was tied at the time too. :facepalm:

Htownballa1622
11-28-2012, 02:38 AM
I've long said this dude is a clown and doesn't deserve to be a ref.

Zefflin
11-28-2012, 02:39 AM

who knows man, he literally makes it up depending on who he's got to win the game, best actor besides reggie evans in the nba

SouthSideRookie
11-28-2012, 02:41 AM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1802317/joey-crawford-boss.gif

Im_in_Mia_bish
11-28-2012, 02:41 AM
Lmfao what was that little dance?

I believe its called OPPA CRAWFORD STYLE!

Zefflin
11-28-2012, 02:42 AM
what a crazy attention craving creepy con artist he is

LoveMeOrHateMe
11-28-2012, 02:44 AM
http://i.minus.com/inkcLeF1AOTfo.gif

The guy clearly lets his emotions get in the way of reffing. He's the one who gave Tim Duncan a tech for laughing on the bench. Tonight he made one of the worst calls I have ever witnessed in my entire life. Not taking anything away from the lakers horrible play...they deserved to lose anyway.

Does the NBA review each game these refs work in to evaluate if they are still able to do their jobs consistently? Crawford just always strikes me as different from all other refs, he's the most emotional and attention-seeking ref all time in the NBA. :facepalm:

Couldn't agree more the guy is a biased prick he especially hates Kobe and the lakers the charge that he called a block changed the game lol it was clear to everyone besides him that it was a charge

koberulesall
11-28-2012, 02:47 AM
that wasnt a block on Duhon, Kobe got hacked like 7 times without a call.....20+ turnovers 20 missed free throws TERRIBLE BUT we only lost by 2 anyone else in the league loses by 20

Zefflin
11-28-2012, 02:49 AM
that wasnt a block on Duhon, Kobe got hacked like 7 times without a call.....20+ turnovers 20 missed free throws TERRIBLE BUT we only lost by 2 anyone else in the league loses by 20

****ing crazy

lakers4sho
11-28-2012, 02:50 AM
he had multiple orgies, what do you expect

SACNYY
11-28-2012, 02:52 AM
What a doofus

More-Than-Most
11-28-2012, 02:53 AM
lmfao the way he does it is hilarious

hornetsfansydne
11-28-2012, 02:57 AM
Players have coaches right? Well so do referees! So yes he would have been evaluated on the game. Havent been able to see the play so no idea if it is a charge or block but remember we have the benefit of being able to watch the play as many times as we want to to determine what should have happened.
His little dance is hilarious and the only reason he has done it is to try to sell a 50-50 call against the home team and an important time. Selling a call doesn't mean he is trying to make up for getting it wrong, it is simply to make the crowd think he is the boss out there. Unfortunately he just looks like an idiot haha

LakersA's49ers
11-28-2012, 03:02 AM
Crawford sucks in general. He sucked both ways tonight, so not saying he cost the Lakers by any means.

LAKobeBryant
11-28-2012, 03:18 AM
"Joey Crawford has taken over more games than Jordan"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaZIAXJJDKQ

"Oh how I wish that was Joey Crawford"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBxx8ART1Yc

Teeboy1487
11-28-2012, 03:30 AM
I stopped watching the game at halftime because of Crawford.

Buckwheat
11-28-2012, 03:30 AM
That gif is amazing.

LA_Raiders
11-28-2012, 03:37 AM
the dude is a prick... He is one of sterns boys $$$

Jenceman
11-28-2012, 04:08 AM
how the balls does crawford get away with that dance :laugh2:

3ballbomber
11-28-2012, 04:15 AM
That was about an hour ago. He called a blocking foul on Duhon, which was 100% clearly a charging call. It was one of those calls that when shown on the megatron seconds after the whistle, the whole arena went up in flames and roars since it was clearly a horrible horrible call, yet Joey Crawford wanted to control the game as usual.

There were about 2-3 minutes left in the game, i believe it was tied at the time too. :facepalm:
it was a big call and could have turned the game. this is what Crawford does. there was also a call late where Crawford was on the other side of the court and he called last touch by LA while the other ref was on the side of the play pretty much in front of the incident..... the betting public were on LA. Vegas cleaned up. a job well done Joey!

Guppyfighter
11-28-2012, 04:19 AM
it was a big call and could have turned the game. this is what Crawford does. there was also a call late where Crawford was on the other side of the court and he called last touch by LA while the other ref was on the side of the play pretty much in front of the incident..... the betting public were on LA. Vegas cleaned up. a job well done Joey!

This would be a nice little theory if Lakers didn't shoot free throws way more than the Pacers.

sunsfan88
11-28-2012, 04:24 AM

That's cause it was against the Pacers. If the Lakers had that type of performance against OKC or Miami, LAL would lose by at least 50.

tapajafri
11-28-2012, 04:27 AM
Dick Bavetta is worse than Joey Crawford. Bavetta has actually changed the outcome of games with his extreme officiating throughout a game. Crawford will make that one really stupid strange call whereas Bavetta will make bad calls throughout the game.

No surprise that Bavetta was reffing game 6 2002 Kings vs lakers

fresh prince
11-28-2012, 07:07 AM

The thing that stands out in the gif aside from what an assistant clown Joey Crawford is is the Pacer players and the other ref were heading back the other way anticipating the blatant charge call

Greedy22
11-28-2012, 07:21 AM
He should've been banned when he T'ed up Timmy a few seasons ago for laughing on the bench :laugh2:

thenaj17
11-28-2012, 07:46 AM

I saw this and it pist me off. I can't believe the guy gets away with dancing around, almost like he's celebrating on such a bad call.

1:15 left in a tied game and it was an obvious call.

At the other end, he gave a ridiculous call putting Metta at the line for 2.

2 awful calls at such an important point and he's supposed to be the lead ref??? Joke

thenaj17
11-28-2012, 07:49 AM
This would be a nice little theory if Lakers didn't shoot free throws way more than the Pacers.

Don't use that rubbish about free throws. Just because a team has way more doesn't make them unjust especially when Pacers were in constant foul trouble hacking Dwight.

JNoel
11-28-2012, 08:18 AM
Bad calls happen in each and every game, there is really no need to create a thread like this.

JiffyMix88
11-28-2012, 08:55 AM
That was ****ing hilarious...and well the Lakers losing of course... :D

rsweene
11-28-2012, 11:29 AM
Joey Crawford was the first name of a referee I learned watching the NBA. He was the first ref I noticed making more of the questionable calls.

SteBO
11-28-2012, 11:31 AM
Maybe if he wasn't so energetic with his calls, he'd be a tad more tolerable......The dance he did while making that blocking call is a prime example as to why I can't stand the dude.

flea
11-28-2012, 11:36 AM
The NBA is rigged and Joey Crawford is one of the more obvious culprits in Stern's little game.

kdspurman
11-28-2012, 11:48 AM
This is pretty awesome here:

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/eye-on-basketball/21175615/the-chris-duhon-joey-crawford-dance-off-of-2012

And I've been wondering why Crawford has been allowed to officiate since the Timmy incident but whatever.

Giraffes Rule
11-28-2012, 02:54 PM

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/eye-on-basketball/21175615/the-chris-duhon-joey-crawford-dance-off-of-2012

And I've been wondering why Crawford has been allowed to officiate since the Timmy incident but whatever.

I just want Crawford on a loop to Gangnam Style for like 8 hours. That was amazing.

Chavacano
11-28-2012, 03:07 PM
http://i.imgur.com/RmT8y.gif llullz-mao :laugh: :laugh2:

Abel Ye
11-28-2012, 03:15 PM

LMAO :clap:

jmoney85
11-28-2012, 03:18 PM

hahahaha

rhymeratic
11-28-2012, 03:30 PM
If Joey Crawford ran for president, somehow I think he'd win....

kdspurman
11-28-2012, 03:38 PM

That's pretty awesome there :laugh2:

kdspurman
11-28-2012, 03:41 PM
I just want Crawford on a loop to Gangnam Style for like 8 hours. That was amazing.

Yea it was. About the only way I can look at that guy and be entertained! But the post below yours is pretty amazing.

JNoel
11-28-2012, 03:42 PM
He must be on some heavy ****

kdspurman
11-28-2012, 03:44 PM
BTW this is not surprising of Crawford. This is the same dude who broke his finger while calling on T on someone.

rocket
11-28-2012, 03:46 PM
:laugh: What a pimp

hornetsfansydne
11-28-2012, 03:56 PM

The Timmy incident was a fair T because he was laughing at the referee. Totally not on at all. Officials need to be respected even though you may not agree with the call, we need to show the young kids playing the game to accept the referees call even if they don't agree. If players/coaches spent less time arguing calls, refs would have an easier job and more correct calls would be made.

As for the actual call and his 'dance' as I said in my earlier post he isn't dancing at all but selling a 50-50 dubious call at an important time in the game. I believe the call was wrong but I can see how he would have thought it was a block from HIS angle on the play. If you watch that video you posted you can see Duhon shuffle forwards but then remain stationary before contact occurs. From Joey Crawford's position on lead (baseline ref) he would have seen the shuffle forwards and thought he has moved so block. Because that play happened so quickly it would be hard to change your mind in that fraction of a second from Duhon stopping the shuffle forwards.

Referees are human and DO make mistakes so we need to be accommodating of this. No referee in the world will have a 100% game but most of the time they would be at 95% which is amazing. Of course things like emotion can get in the way, they are human after all but they do a great job of hiding that emotion most of the time.

dee279
11-28-2012, 03:58 PM
Lol was rap music on when he did that. Look like he was doing a "hit it from the back dance" FLEX!!!

krazylegz
11-28-2012, 04:00 PM
like many on here are defending the nba .....i used to defend the wwf and fake wrestling...i never wanted to believe it was fake and pre-determined and blocked out those thoughts with all my might,eventually i grew up..now i dont watch either

dee279
11-28-2012, 04:00 PM

Lol

ChongInc.
11-28-2012, 04:24 PM
"Missed block/charges happen like that almost every game when it's obvious upon camera review from angles designed to make it obvious."

then they need to use it! if the nba decided to fix the reffing, it would be a much better league for it.

TylerSL
11-28-2012, 04:30 PM

Like there is never a bad call at the end of games ever........ :facepalm: The play was a charge, but the block call wasnt as egregious as you make it out to be, "one of the worst calls I have ever seen" is what you said in your OP, are you kidding me??? A block was called on a charge, its happened before....

While Joey does have a reputation for making iffy calls sometimes, that play was not as detrimental to the Lakers loss as the 4 straight missed FT's by Howard and Artest when the Lakers were down by 1 with even less time left......

gaughan333
11-28-2012, 04:33 PM
No one is saying that make the lakers lose...

Bruno
11-28-2012, 04:35 PM
he's a drama king. he makes himself an actor on the floor, but he's supposed to be the non-emotional third party. i hate how he draws attention to himself; the game isn't about the officials.

if officials are doing their jobs right, you're not supposed to notice them.

jmkh
11-28-2012, 04:57 PM

hes Robb Van Dam

kdspurman
11-28-2012, 05:15 PM
The Timmy incident was a fair T because he was laughing at the referee. Totally not on at all. Officials need to be respected even though you may not agree with the call, we need to show the young kids playing the game to accept the referees call even if they don't agree. If players/coaches spent less time arguing calls, refs would have an easier job and more correct calls would be made.

As for the actual call and his 'dance' as I said in my earlier post he isn't dancing at all but selling a 50-50 dubious call at an important time in the game. I believe the call was wrong but I can see how he would have thought it was a block from HIS angle on the play. If you watch that video you posted you can see Duhon shuffle forwards but then remain stationary before contact occurs. From Joey Crawford's position on lead (baseline ref) he would have seen the shuffle forwards and thought he has moved so block. Because that play happened so quickly it would be hard to change your mind in that fraction of a second from Duhon stopping the shuffle forwards.

Referees are human and DO make mistakes so we need to be accommodating of this. No referee in the world will have a 100% game but most of the time they would be at 95% which is amazing. Of course things like emotion can get in the way, they are human after all but they do a great job of hiding that emotion most of the time.

He was laughing on the bench. He was not even in the game, as a referee you cannot interpret what a player on the bench is laughing about unless you're out to get them.

And I know it wasn't a dance, Crawford is very animated. He's done stuff like that before that look pretty funny. I never said it was a dance, I don't really care for the call at all, I just posted a funny video.

But yea you saying the call for TD was justified is nonsense IMO. I haven't come across anyone, fans of TD/Spurs or not that thought that was a justifiable call.

J4KOP99
11-28-2012, 05:22 PM
Just add this to the long list of Crawford mishaps. The guy is a complete ******* who clearly lets his emotions affect the way he referees a game.

Gram
11-28-2012, 05:24 PM
Joey Crawford.

alexander_37
11-28-2012, 05:25 PM
Good question, he really is garbage.

hornetsfansydne
11-29-2012, 01:53 AM
He was laughing on the bench. He was not even in the game, as a referee you cannot interpret what a player on the bench is laughing about unless you're out to get them.

And I know it wasn't a dance, Crawford is very animated. He's done stuff like that before that look pretty funny. I never said it was a dance, I don't really care for the call at all, I just posted a funny video.

But yea you saying the call for TD was justified is nonsense IMO. I haven't come across anyone, fans of TD/Spurs or not that thought that was a justifiable call.

Laughing at the call Joey had made when he was on the bench so a technical is deserved but we are getting sidetracked.

Yeah I know you just posted a funny dance video but it was 630am and i was about to head to work so i just quoted the one post.