PDA

View Full Version : Did you think Knicks fans would take over Brooklyn?

waveycrockett
11-28-2012, 12:58 AM
I know alot of people thought Knicks fans would take over last night. How do you think Nets fans showed out for their team? Better or same as in NJ??

A little clip of brooklyn fans support vs the Knicks

MVP chants for Deron

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrMUG4kPnrs

Andrew32
11-28-2012, 01:00 AM
I was at the game... and my section was mostly Knick fans.

I was in section 109.

Still on the whole I think there was significantly more BK fans there then Knick fans which makes sense since its there stadium.

By percentage... maybe 70% BK fan / 30% Knick fan.
Hard to say though.

jmoney85
11-28-2012, 01:02 AM
damn they actually went above my expectations lol

Andrew32
11-28-2012, 01:06 AM
Game was pretty good.

Knicks gave up way to many offensive rebounds though and their defense at times was bad although overall I thought it was decent/good.

Best players of the game.

Knicks
Melo
Chandler

Nets
D-Will
Lopez
Gerald Wallace

waveycrockett
11-28-2012, 01:09 AM
I was there last night also and As a Nets fan even I expected us to be out numbered to be honest. Brooklyn really showed out and I was shocked it was mostly friendly rivalry between the fans. No fights. Alot of groups of friends that were split.

Robbw241
11-28-2012, 01:12 AM
http://media.skateboard.com.au/forum/images/ShitThread.jpg

Andrew32
11-28-2012, 01:12 AM

What does string have to do with anything?

Knicks21
11-28-2012, 01:24 AM
Tickets were pretty expensive for a stadium that would be endorsing the Nets and the Nets only.

LAKobeBryant
11-28-2012, 01:37 AM

thread

JOhnnyTHaJet
11-28-2012, 01:41 AM

Hahahhahahahaha :rolleyes:

Gram
11-28-2012, 01:41 AM

This.

Chill_Will_24
11-28-2012, 01:46 AM
The turn out was better than i had feared. I expected the Knicks fans to overrun the game but it was at least like 75-25 for the Nets. I am impressed. Guess Brooklyn WAS really hungry for a sports team.

OT: What was with Spike Lee repping Nets after the game. I am referring to that commercial where the Knicks fan in him was talking to the Brooklyn love in him. Please do not tell me he is on the fence now. I may be alone here but i find Spike to be nothing more than comic relief at games and would hate to see him regularly courtside at Nets games ugh what a clown

thechom80
11-28-2012, 01:48 AM

oh boy, that went way over your head.

smood999
11-28-2012, 01:59 AM
I wasn't there...but I watched and just about all media was reporting 60-40 Nets....for a home court, that's not the greatest thing but it is better than what they had in NJ...also there were MVP chants for Melo as well and at points of the game watching the cheers for the Knicks were louder...both fan bases pretty much went back and forth...you could hear defense chants for both teams, Lopez I believe got booed at the foul line...so judging by what I heard watching and what I've read from beat writers, etc....it's what I expected...an almost split crowd

smood999
11-28-2012, 02:04 AM
The turn out was better than i had feared. I expected the Knicks fans to overrun the city but it was at least like 75-25 for the Nets. I am impressed. Guess Brooklyn WAS really hungry for a sports team.

OT: What was with Spike Lee repping Nets after the game. I am referring to that commercial where the Knicks fan in him was talking to the Brooklyn love in him. Please do not tell me he is on the fence now. I may be alone here but i find Spike to be nothing more than comic relief at games and would hate to see him regularly courtside at Nets games ugh what a clown

no way it was 75-25...yeah the Nets got the loudest ovation in the end..but that's cause they won..Knick fans had nothing to cheer about...go back, rewatch and listen...Nets players were booed as well as Knick players...both Melo and D Wills heard MVP chants...there were defense chants for both sides and also the Nets audio person drowned out alot of Knick cheers or things anti Nets with the music, etc...it was closer to being split and again I'm going by what I heard myself and actual accounts of ppl there...75-25 is a huge reach..def more like 60-40

Chill_Will_24
11-28-2012, 02:05 AM
I wasn't there...but I watched and just about all media was reporting anywhere between 50-50 and 60-40 Nets....for a home court, that's not the greatest thing but it is better than what they had in NJ...also there were MVP chants for Melo as well and at points of the game watching the cheers for the Knicks were louder...both fan bases pretty much went back and forth...you could hear defense chants for both teams, Lopez I believe got booed at the foul line...so judging by what I heard watching and what I've read from beat writers, etc....it's what I expected...an almost split crowd

What media are you speaking about because every report i read said 70-30 for the Nets at worst

Certainly my friend who went said Knicks fans were drowned out quite easily

smood999
11-28-2012, 02:07 AM
it's cool though...it'll be 90-10 at the Garden...anything more than that for the Nets, I'll be impressed then...also, the true test will be after yr one...right now it's "cool" to like the Nets...let's see what happens when they settle in

Chill_Will_24
11-28-2012, 02:10 AM
no way it was 75-25...yeah the Nets got the loudest ovation in the end..but that's cause they won..Knick fans had nothing to cheer about...go back, rewatch and listen...Nets players were booed as well as Knick players...both Melo and D Wills heard MVP chants...there were defense chants for both sides and also the Nets audio person drowned out alot of Knick cheers or things anti Nets with the music, etc...it was closer to being split and again I'm going by what I heard myself and actual accounts of ppl there...75-25 is a huge reach..def more like 60-40

Next time your Knicks play the Celtics you will hear Knicks fans in the BOS stands just as you hear Bulls fans in arenas etc. That is just how it goes.

Moreover everyone that has been to Barclays Center can attest that it is not like watching on TV at all. The loudness of Barclays is too much and the broadcasters drown out the noise a lot for some reason. I noticed when i watched the replay of the Raps game cuz i was there. It is insane in person.

and you are wrong. Most reports i read had the split largely in favor of the Nets like 80-20 according to Beck and others. I believe the worst i saw was like a 70-30 guess.

Either way this was a road game for the Knicks unlike the usual Nets homegame vs Knicks

Brooklyn crowds are no joke it seems

Chill_Will_24
11-28-2012, 02:12 AM
it's cool though...it'll be 90-10 at the Garden...anything more than that for the Nets, I'll be impressed then...also, the true test will be after yr one...right now it's "cool" to like the Nets...let's see what happens when they settle in

It will only get better. The crowds have no reason to get behind the Nets right now. The Nets are not established in Brooklyn yet and the crowds seem tentative at times.

The support for them in Brooklyn should only grow imo

waveycrockett
11-28-2012, 02:12 AM
Yep I was there Nets fan were easily the majority. When the game got tense they took over the arena.

Chill_Will_24
11-28-2012, 02:18 AM
Great quote from Adrian Wojnarowski:

All these years, all these nights that Madison Square and the Meadowlands and Newark belonged to the Knicks fans flooding the turnstiles, there had come a most transformational night for one of the NBA's most historically vacuous franchises. After a 96-89 overtime victory that felt like something out of Game 1 of the Eastern Conference playoffs, the Knicks would leave with a loss and an understanding that they never used to have across the river: Brooklyn is a road game now, the borough and its basketball team a rivalry.

Pretty much says it all.

Knicks need to accept Brooklyn is off limits to them now.

smood999
11-28-2012, 02:22 AM
What media are you speaking about because every report i read said 70-30 for the Nets at worst

depending on where you sit..will effect what you think...just rewatch the game....the fans were clearly going back and forth...at times Knick fans were louder and at times Net fans were louder...that doesn't say 70-30 to me...more like 60-40

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/8680978/new-york-knicks-own-big-apple-anymore-brooklyn-nets-proved-barclays-center

"How many Brooklyn fans were actually sitting and standing and stomping inside this alien mothership of an arena Monday night? Nobody could break down the crowd of 17,732 with any degree of certainty, but given the way booing Nets fans drowned out the M-V-P chants for Melo, a fair estimate would be 10,000 for the good guys, 7,732 for the bad."

that's a quote from that article...I could find tons more...and this is a pro Nets article at that...breaking down his fair estimate would be about a 56-44

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/26/nets-beat-knicks-in-overt_n_2195259.html

"Johnson estimated that games in New Jersey since he'd been with the Nets were an 80-20 fan split for the Knicks, and he hoped that would turn around Monday. It didn't flip completely, but it seemed the home team's fans made up about 60-65 percent of the crowd, the orange and blue that was long so ubiquitous harder to spot this time."

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/28/sports/basketball/the-nets-in-brooklyn-more-than-a-murmur-but-not-yet-a-roar.html?ref=basketball

smood999
11-28-2012, 02:24 AM
it was a good crowd regardless...BK should be happy

smood999
11-28-2012, 02:26 AM
I wasnt there...no one took head counts...it wasn't the typical Knick cheers when they went to other arenas...when things were going good Knicks fans were louder which would lead me to believe that it was closer to 60-40 than anything..but whatever not a big deal...BK's goal should be to get that around 80-20...but with time I guess

smood999
11-28-2012, 02:27 AM
and there's def alot more support than I thought...

Chill_Will_24
11-28-2012, 02:29 AM
depending on where you sit..will effect what you think...just rewatch the game....the fans were clearly going back and forth...at times Knick fans were louder and at times Net fans were louder...that doesn't say 70-30 to me...more like 60-40

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/8680978/new-york-knicks-own-big-apple-anymore-brooklyn-nets-proved-barclays-center

"How many Brooklyn fans were actually sitting and standing and stomping inside this alien mothership of an arena Monday night? Nobody could break down the crowd of 17,732 with any degree of certainty, but given the way booing Nets fans drowned out the M-V-P chants for Melo, a fair estimate would be 10,000 for the good guys, 7,732 for the bad."

that's a quote from that article...I could find tons more...and this is a pro Nets article at that...breaking down his fair estimate would be about a 56-44

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/26/nets-beat-knicks-in-overt_n_2195259.html

"Johnson estimated that games in New Jersey since he'd been with the Nets were an 80-20 fan split for the Knicks, and he hoped that would turn around Monday. It didn't flip completely, but it seemed the home team's fans made up about 60-65 percent of the crowd, the orange and blue that was long so ubiquitous harder to spot this time."

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/28/sports/basketball/the-nets-in-brooklyn-more-than-a-murmur-but-not-yet-a-roar.html?ref=basketball

and i will tell you again tv does no good. Idk if it's a preference by the networks or what but the noise from the arena is being muted somewhat on tv. I watched the Raptors game in person and then watched it on tv and the difference is remarkable.

As far your percentages it's whatever, with the game on the line i barely heard Knicks fans. It was all Brooklyn fans. No way that **** was the way your sources claim but whatever it's all opinion.

Brooklyn belongs to the Nets now

Chill_Will_24
11-28-2012, 02:33 AM
I wasnt there...no one took head counts...it wasn't the typical Knick cheers when they went to other arenas...when things were going good Knicks fans were louder which would lead me to believe that it was closer to 60-40 than anything..but whatever not a big deal...BK's goal should be to get that around 80-20...but with time I guess

You are wrong. I will not keep going back and forth debating with you about who has the bigger fan base. It's silly.

You bitter Knicks fans trying to find a silver lining in your losses crack me up sometimes.

smood999
11-28-2012, 02:45 AM
You are wrong. I will not keep going back and forth debating with you about who has the bigger fan base. It's silly.

You bitter Knicks fans trying to find a silver lining in your losses crack me up sometimes.

lol what?!..what's the silver lining? Reggie Evans...yes Reggie Evans that plays on your team said it was like the Laker Clippers games when he was on the Clippers last yr..

“Really mixed, almost like a tournament atmosphere,” said the Knicks’ Marcus Camby, a Clipper as recently as 2010, after the Nets’ 96-89 victory.

“Reminded me of when I was with the Clippers last year and you’d get so many Lakers fans,” said Reggie Evans, the Nets’ Rodmanesque rebounder. “You’re talking about the Lakers and they got, what, 18 championships?”

this is from the PLAYERS and what they heard...

there's no silver lining about having how many fans we had...idc about the fans lol...we'd never have this discussion about Net fans and MSG...that should tell you something right there...if we could put 30-40 in BK and 90 in MSG...who runs NY?...

having fans there does not make me feel better about the loss at all...there is no silver lining this is a big deal for Net fans cause they're not use to having a fan base

and Beck is a Net beat writer...I at least cited the national media, there's no bias

Chill_Will_24
11-28-2012, 03:00 AM
lol what?!..what's the silver lining? Reggie Evans...yes Reggie Evans that plays on your team said it was like the Laker Clippers games when he was on the Clippers last yr..

“Really mixed, almost like a tournament atmosphere,” said the Knicks’ Marcus Camby, a Clipper as recently as 2010, after the Nets’ 96-89 victory.

“Reminded me of when I was with the Clippers last year and you’d get so many Lakers fans,” said Reggie Evans, the Nets’ Rodmanesque rebounder. “You’re talking about the Lakers and they got, what, 18 championships?”

this is from the PLAYERS and what they heard...

there's no silver lining about having how many fans we had...idc about the fans lol...we'd never have this discussion about Net fans and MSG...that should tell you something right there...if we could put 30-40 in BK and 90 in MSG...who runs NY?...

having fans there does not make me feel better about the loss at all...there is no silver lining this is a big deal for Net fans cause they're not use to having a fan base

and Beck is a Net beat writer...I at least cited the national media, there's no bias

Fair enough but the Knicks have been in NY for how long now? The Nets are not an established team in NY or resonate with the NY fans in a Knicks level yet.

I agree with what you said. It will indeed take time.

From what i saw yesterday i would say NY is up for grabs. Nobody expected Brooklyn to show up for the Nets the way they did yesterday, including Nets fans. I was personally convinced we were gonna be embarrassed by the crowd. I was wrong.

If they can get behind a new team like that so early then i would love to see what a winning team does for the NY fanbase. Every Knick fan friend i have has told me they are sick of the Knicks. They are loyal but are tired of waiting for "next year".. every year.

The notion that a successful Brooklyn Nets team could never challenge the Knicks if the latter struggles is now in question. I think NY will support whichever team is winning.

Oldmantrash
11-28-2012, 03:03 AM
It's so true though, on TV it just doesn't seem that loud, but being there was amazing.
Never had that energy in NJ, I was nervous about the Knick fans drowning us out like the past, but Brooklyn fans showed up, and were great.

RonE Coleman
11-28-2012, 04:50 AM
I was there last night also and As a Nets fan even I expected us to be out numbered to be honest. Brooklyn really showed out and I was shocked it was mostly friendly rivalry between the fans. No fights. Alot of groups of friends that were split.

Its all New Yorkers so I would hope there would be no fights between fans really.

Its not like the Yankees playing Red Sox or Knicks and Boston where its a city to city rivalry.

Plus there is also no reason to really hate one another, most Knick fans will have friends that are Net fans and vice versa.

Baller1
11-28-2012, 04:53 AM

Pretty much says it all.

Woj is awesome.

RonE Coleman
11-28-2012, 04:59 AM
Fair enough but the Knicks have been in NY for how long now? The Nets are not an established team in NY or resonate with the NY fans in a Knicks level yet.

I agree with what you said. It will indeed take time.

From what i saw yesterday i would say NY is up for grabs. Nobody expected Brooklyn to show up for the Nets the way they did yesterday, including Nets fans. I was personally convinced we were gonna be embarrassed by the crowd. I was wrong.

If they can get behind a new team like that so early then i would love to see what a winning team does for the NY fanbase. Every Knick fan friend i have has told me they are sick of the Knicks. They are loyal but are tired of waiting for "next year".. every year.

The notion that a successful Brooklyn Nets team could never challenge the Knicks if the latter struggles is now in question. I think NY will support whichever team is winning.

Not at all or not for years to come... There not gonna convince people in the 20-60 age group (not exact numbers just making a point) to jump ship.

The Nets should target the young kids and teenagers, kids with no attachment to a team yet.

Although the Knicks have not won anything they have been the only team in New York so a 22 year old such as myself has supported them since I started watching basketball. I feel the majority of New Yorkers will feel the same way as I do, once you've been a fan for years you dont just jump ship to a new team.

The Barclays center will sell tickets cause its a new arena and fans of basketball will go there because it is much cheaper than MSG but as far as fan base its not even close, nor will it be anytime soon.

Knicks21
11-28-2012, 05:03 AM

Pretty much says it all.

1 game doesnt define a borough let alone a city.

Say if you swept us the whole season, I could understand, but we are still inn november.

Im not hating, but their is some serious loyalty out there for knick fans, like extreme.

D-Leethal
11-28-2012, 12:23 PM
I know alot of people thought Knicks fans would take over last night. How do you think Nets fans showed out for their team? Better or same as in NJ??

A little clip of brooklyn fans support vs the Knicks

MVP chants for Deron

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrMUG4kPnrs

I was surprised the Nets fans overpowered them but it wasn't by much. Knicks still had their DEFENSE chants pretty much all game, and Melo had MVP chants every time he went to the line. Deron only got them once the game was out of reach in OT if I remember correctly.

The turn out was better than i had feared. I expected the Knicks fans to overrun the game but it was at least like 75-25 for the Nets. I am impressed. Guess Brooklyn WAS really hungry for a sports team.

Spike had said 100s of times he is not going to root for the Nets. The commercial confused the hell out of me.

To be honest, I think the commercial was supposed to imitate the back and forth a Brooklyn native had to go thru when trying to figure out who they were gonna root for. It was basically a fan arguing with their inner demons and fighting themselves over loyalty to your team and loyalty to your borough.

He didn't really choose a side in the commercial, sort of gave the plusses and minuses to each scenario.

I didn't like seeing Spike in B & W but the commercial was well done.

D-Leethal
11-28-2012, 12:28 PM

I have read everything from 50-50 to 80-20. And being a spectator at the game can be deceiving, because everyone in your section basically determines how much you will hear.

I also read the majority were dressed as straight New Yorkers with no jersey allegiance.

Next time your Knicks play the Celtics you will hear Knicks fans in the BOS stands just as you hear Bulls fans in arenas etc. That is just how it goes.

Moreover everyone that has been to Barclays Center can attest that it is not like watching on TV at all. The loudness of Barclays is too much and the broadcasters drown out the noise a lot for some reason. I noticed when i watched the replay of the Raps game cuz i was there. It is insane in person.

and you are wrong. Most reports i read had the split largely in favor of the Nets like 80-20 according to Beck and others. I believe the worst i saw was like a 70-30 guess.

Either way this was a road game for the Knicks unlike the usual Nets homegame vs Knicks

Brooklyn crowds are no joke it seems

I haven't been to a game but on TV for the most part the crowd seems weak. I have also read on your forums the crowd has been weak.

Pretty much says it all.

LOL. After the first matchup? Lets see how your fanbase of 3 weeks reacts to a losing streak. Brooklyn ain't off limits to anyone, and knowing the stubborness of Knick fans, they will come out in full effect even more next game. I know I am getting tickets.

Woj has also never said one good thing about the Knicks. I wouldn't take that as gospel.

jmoney85
11-28-2012, 12:30 PM
I thought barclays would be the knicks 2nd home?

L@L

TyrionLannister
11-28-2012, 12:30 PM
It sounded pretty even to me...

jmoney85
11-28-2012, 12:31 PM
I have read everything from 50-50 to 80-20. And being a spectator at the game can be deceiving, because everyone in your section basically determines how much you will hear.

I also read the majority were dressed as straight New Yorkers with no jersey allegiance.

I haven't been to a game but on TV for the most part the crowd seems weak. I have also read on your forums the crowd has been weak.

LOL. After the first matchup? Lets see how your fanbase of 3 weeks reacts to a losing streak. Brooklyn ain't off limits to anyone, and knowing the stubborness of Knick fans, they will come out in full effect even more next game. I know I am getting tickets.

Woj has also never said one good thing about the Knicks. I wouldn't take that as gospel.

I havent read 50-50 anywhere... please link me to that lol

D-Leethal
Every reporter has a different story. This is from Marc Berman, who is a Knicks writer that has never said one good thing about the Knicks.

The Brooklyn Nets really did have a nice little night on Atlantic Avenue Monday but surprised at some journalistsdeclaring #Nets better team off a home win in overtime when Jason Kidd is out. Diehard #Nets fans should know more than anyone what Kidd is about - and his intangibles are stronger than ever. Kidd's nifty passing has been contagious this season. Club looked different without Kidd-inspired ball movement.

Brewer also missed all of OT with dislocated finger. So after a tie game through four quarters, #Knicks entered extra session without Kidd, Brewer, Shumpert and Stoudemire as Melo was forced to go 50 minutes. Would not exactly call the victory a referendum. Felton showed he is so much better when he and Kidd are creating together. Raymond was completely out of rhythm.

Only thing I got out of my night on Atlantic Avenue is Nets fans now have a lot of more pride. They made sure to be the louder contingent. But one Nets beat writer called it 70-30 for Brooklyn. Clearly has to take out the black and white earplugs.

Nets fans repped better than I pictured, but I think they made a point to represent for this game more than they will for games 2,3,4. Especially after beating the Clips on a hot streak and fighting for 1st place. Lets see what happens once injuries hit and you guys have a losing streak, that will test the fanhood.

D-Leethal
I thought barclays would be the knicks 2nd home?

L@L

Its pretty damn close.

jmoney85
11-28-2012, 12:32 PM
Its pretty damn close.

keep thinking that

D-Leethal
11-28-2012, 12:40 PM
I havent read 50-50 anywhere... please link me to that lol

Marc Berman @NYPost_Berman 26 Nov
Our Nets beat writer @Tim Bontemps called it 65-35 Brooklyn fans at half. I have it 60-40.Glad it's not 50-50. Good for Brooklyn.

Brian Mahoney @briancmahoney 26 Nov
Walked concourse to see if people in Knicks or Nets attire. They're mostly dressed just as New Yorkers. Didn't see a ton of either logos.

There was another tweet that I can't find saying it was 'half boos, half cheers', I think that might have been the 50-50 I thought I remembered reading. Can't remember which reporter it was though.

My point was, there was a different % for every reporter out there.

Robbw241
11-28-2012, 12:41 PM
Can we have a Nets and Knicks sub forum to the NBA?

D-Leethal
11-28-2012, 12:42 PM
keep thinking that

Filling up a road stadium with 40% of your fans is enough to be considered a second home in my book. Melo is still getting major MVP chants everytime hes at the FT line. You can still hear the defense chants on TV.

Lets see what happens at MSG and lets see what happens in Brooklyn after a few losses.

jmoney85
11-28-2012, 12:44 PM
Filling up a road stadium with 40% of your fans is enough to be considered a second home in my book. Melo is still getting major MVP chants everytime hes at the FT line. You can still hear the defense chants on TV.

Lets see what happens at MSG and lets see what happens in Brooklyn after a few losses.

you can keep blindly thinking that if you wish... whatever lets you sleep at night

D-Leethal
11-28-2012, 12:45 PM
I went to a concert Oct 27th at Barclays with my Knicks gear and I got major props from about 10 employees at the arena. Knick fans are all over that place and will continue to be.

Lets see how it sounds when its NOT a neck and neck game. If the Knicks have a big lead in that place it sure as hell won't sound like the Nets arena.

D-Leethal
11-28-2012, 12:46 PM
you can keep blindly thinking that if you wish... whatever lets you sleep at night

I think at the most, Knick fans thought it would turn out 60-40 in our favor and more realistically 50-50. We still represented. It would have been absolutely pathetic to get booed out of your own stadium in such a close game you guys ended up winning.

Again, lets see what happens if/when you guys fall behind 10 or lose to us handily. Its not going to sound like the Nets arena thats for sure.

jmoney85
11-28-2012, 12:47 PM
I think at the most, Knick fans thought it would turn out 60-40 in our favor and more realistically 50-50. We still represented. It would have been absolutely pathetic to get booed out of your own stadium in such a close game you guys ended up winning.

Again, lets see what happens if/when you guys fall behind 10 or lose to us handily. Its not going to sound like the Nets arena thats for sure.

:laugh:

P Styles
11-28-2012, 12:49 PM
I did hear Lopez getting booed at the line a few times.

Robbw241
11-28-2012, 12:50 PM
I went to a Harlem Globetrotters game at MSG once. There were at least 25,000 Nets fans at it, which is pretty remarkable considering MSG only holds 18,000. Then James Dolan came up to me and asked me for my autograph. I went Cam Newton on him by charging $50 for it and went on my way.

DoMeFavors
11-28-2012, 12:57 PM
It should have been more, but Knicks have been such a bad team the past 12 years that people are leaving it. When a new team enters a city it should take a long time to get a fan base. But its pretty easy in this city where the Knicks have been one of the worst teams in the past decade.

JasonJohnHorn
11-28-2012, 01:06 PM
I expect that, being so close, there would be a lot of Knicks fans showing up at BK/NY games. I mean, with Toronto and Detroit, there is a four hours drive at least, but I went to a game in Detroit in the 02 playoffs, and there were SO many Toronto fans (myself included) that when the Pistons were on offense, there a a "DEE-FENSE" chant going on in the crowd. The TO fans showed up for that game big time! And that is a four hour drive! I imagine with NY and BK being a short sub-way ride apart from each other, there will be a LOT of Knicks fan showing up, but that was even the case when they were in NJ. For regular season games I wouldn't expect a huge showing, but for playoffs I would.

DoMeFavors
11-28-2012, 01:08 PM
I expect that, being so close, there would be a lot of Knicks fans showing up at BK/NY games. I mean, with Toronto and Detroit, there is a four hours drive at least, but I went to a game in Detroit in the 02 playoffs, and there were SO many Toronto fans (myself included) that when the Pistons were on offense, there a a "DEE-FENSE" chant going on in the crowd. The TO fans showed up for that game big time! And that is a four hour drive! I imagine with NY and BK being a short sub-way ride apart from each other, there will be a LOT of Knicks fan showing up, but that was even the case when they were in NJ. For regular season games I wouldn't expect a huge showing, but for playoffs I would.

Newark is faster to get to from a lot of places in NY than Brooklyn

ee
11-28-2012, 04:05 PM
Don't the nets have 10,000 season ticket holders?

Rockice_8
11-28-2012, 05:09 PM

It can be said for the other way around as well. If the Nets were blowing out the Knicks you wouldn't hear any Knicks fans. Of coarse you'd only hear Knicks fans cheering if the Nets were getting blown out, you need something to cheer about. I don't understand your point. The only reason it was back and forth was because both teams were going back and forth.

The Nets will never get all the Knicks fans out of their arena, they are just too close to each other and the tickets are cheaper. If I was a Knicks fan I'd go there too instead of spend those crazy MSG prices.

Still after the embarrassment that Meadowlands and the Rock were the Nets fans did a good job of keeping the Knicks fans in check. Their little boos and chants were drowned out fairly quickly.

VinceCarter
11-28-2012, 05:31 PM

It's a ****** thread in the rope that is about to break....because it's ******.

But I don't necessarily think this is a ****** thread.

AsfanSince99
11-28-2012, 06:20 PM
Why is this even a topic? Of course a lot of Knicks fans will be there. If this is the case 5yrs from now, then this is a problem.

I wonder how NJ Nets fans feel about the move and if they are still following the team??

jmoney85
11-28-2012, 06:23 PM
Why is this even a topic? Of course a lot of Knicks fans will be there. If this is the case 5yrs from now, then this is a problem.

I wonder how NJ Nets fans feel about the move and if they are still following the team??

me and everybody else I know are

BigBlueCrew
11-28-2012, 06:25 PM

The OP started those MVP chants and he wanted to make sure everyone on PSD knew about it.

waveycrockett
11-28-2012, 06:38 PM
The OP started those MVP chants and he wanted to make sure everyone on PSD knew about it.

I bet that loss stung for you especially anyway Hey man its been a while! Hows the wife and kids??

Kashmir13579
11-28-2012, 06:42 PM
The Brooklyn chant may be the worst i've ever heard.

waveycrockett
11-28-2012, 06:45 PM

how?

Mr Costanza
11-28-2012, 06:50 PM

Awful.

jmoney85
11-28-2012, 06:51 PM
I actually like the brooklyn chant

BigBlueCrew
11-28-2012, 06:54 PM

really??? Im shocked

Mr Costanza

Hey if the NJ fans like it that's all that matters.

BigBlueCrew
Where was the crappy mascot BTW?

jmoney85
really??? Im shocked

I'm not a homer brah

jmoney85
11-28-2012, 06:55 PM
Where was the crappy mascot BTW?

burried in the land before time

waveycrockett
I sense so much hate from Knicks fans lol Love it!!!

BigBlueCrew
burried in the land before time

well that sux

jmoney85
11-28-2012, 06:56 PM
well that sux

its the worst mascot in history of mascots

Robbw241
11-28-2012, 06:56 PM
I find it surprising that Brooklyn fans like the Brooklyn chant and Knicks fans hate it. I honestly would have never thought this would happen.

BigBlueCrew
11-28-2012, 06:58 PM
I'm not a homer brah

yeah you are dude.....your not as bad as DoMeFavors and his BFF Wavey but you are

Mr Costanza
11-28-2012, 06:59 PM
I sense so much hate from Knicks fans lol Love it!!!

You should have your senses checked buddy. There really isn't much hate here.

I know that was your goal by starting this thread though.

Mr Costanza
11-28-2012, 07:02 PM
At least when domefavors trolls he actually believes what he is typing. This hipster just does it as a substitute to Internet porn.

waveycrockett
11-28-2012, 07:03 PM
You should have your senses checked buddy. There really isn't much hate here.

I know that was your goal by starting this thread though.

They hate the chants, they hate the mascot, they hate the arena, they hate the food, they hate the uniforms, they hate the players. It's a thing of beauty.

waveycrockett
11-28-2012, 07:04 PM
At least when domefavors trolls he actually believes what he is typing. This hipster just does it as a substitute to Internet porn.

pshhhhhhhhh i wish

jmoney85
11-28-2012, 07:05 PM
yeah you are dude.....your not as bad as DoMeFavors and his BFF Wavey but you are

you may get that impression but I'm not

I'm objective when I speak about the nets... But sometimes our opinions dont match up :)

BigBlueCrew
11-28-2012, 07:05 PM
They hate the chants, they hate the mascot, they hate the arena, they hate the food, they hate the uniforms, they hate the players. It's a thing of beauty.

The food????

did the knicks fans go to Barclays and starve?

Hitman21
11-28-2012, 07:19 PM
so obvious how hard nets fans strive to be better than the knicks....always tryin to prove something....shows that yall know which team will always rain supreme in New York. That will never change, and yall cant stand it...its hilarious. dont let 1 win against the knicks fool you.

WAYNEBO
11-28-2012, 07:44 PM

The 3 Nets Stooges are well documented on PSD.

xxplayerxx23
11-28-2012, 07:45 PM
Um the Arena is nice, your close to DMF troll wise. It was 65-35 Net fans at best, I think it was closer to 60-40, good win but you keep going on. Dec 11th and Dec 19th should be fun esp the game at the Garden

waveycrockett
11-28-2012, 07:56 PM
so obvious how hard nets fans strive to be better than the knicks....always tryin to prove something....shows that yall know which team will always rain supreme in New York. That will never change, and yall cant stand it...its hilarious. dont let 1 win against the knicks fool you.

Kind of like the Redskins and superbowls lol

waveycrockett
11-28-2012, 08:14 PM
The 3 Nets Stooges are well documented on PSD.

We have 1 DMF's

Knicks have about 30 DMF's

DoMeFavors
11-28-2012, 08:18 PM
I honestly think it will be about the same crowd wise at The Garden when Nets face the Knicks there...I think every Net fan is going to come out to that game and it will be a nice buzz.

Hitman21
11-28-2012, 08:21 PM
Kind of like the Redskins and superbowls lol

Great way to change the subject. This is the NBA forum. U wanna have a football conversation come see me in the NFL Forum...bring your girlfriend Domefavors too.

arkanian215
11-28-2012, 08:22 PM
0a

xxplayerxx23
11-28-2012, 08:31 PM
We have 1 DMF's

Knicks have about 30 DMF's

I honestly think it will be about the same crowd wise at The Garden when Nets face the Knicks there...I think every Net fan is going to come out to that game and it will be a nice buzz.

@Wavey, Your just as bad as DMF, and prob worst then 90% of the Knick fans on here.

DMF: :laugh: I bet you anything, that there will be a lot more Knick fans then net fans at the Garden.

Munkeysuit
11-28-2012, 08:32 PM
Maybe right now it may seem like it? especially because there were so many Knicks fans at the Nets game the other night (could hear the boo's on home floor) I think the new arena brings added excitement to NY, but in time this will all even out.

RLundi
11-28-2012, 08:35 PM
Who cares...?