PDA

View Full Version : Chandler Parsons

chicagocubsfan
11-28-2012, 12:14 AM
Guy has been killing it for my Fantasy Team, but I haven't really seen him play much this year. What do people think of him?

HYFR
11-28-2012, 12:49 AM
15/7/3 not bad at all

Gram
11-28-2012, 12:52 AM
He's sick.

jmoney85
11-28-2012, 12:53 AM
hes good... I wanted the nets to draft him... but instead they drafted jordan williams :(

JNoel
11-28-2012, 12:53 AM
He's had special talent since watching him play college ball at Florida, he will be good one day.

FOBolous
11-28-2012, 12:56 AM
he has stepped up as a reliable 2nd option in Houston

Catfish1314
11-28-2012, 12:58 AM
I watched his entire college career and I thought his rare combination of size and skill would allow him to be a Mike Miller/Tayshaun Prince type of player but I never thought he would make this kind of impact so early in his career.

b@llhog24
11-28-2012, 01:02 AM
Solid Player.

mightybosstone
11-28-2012, 01:04 AM
Before this season started, I said I thought he could be a 15/5/5 type player while playing phenomenal perimeter defense. I've always thought of him as a poor man's Luol Deng. But he's already reached that expectation and should only continue to get better. When he reaches his peak, he'll be better than Deng. He has the skill to be a No. 2 or No. 3 for a contender in a few years and if he ever decided he wanted the ball more, he'd be more than capable of putting up 20 points a night. But because of all the other things he does, his great passing and rebounding, he never has to be that guy.

I think he's the ideal No. 3 option in Houston. They just need to find a No. 2 to fit with Harden and Parsons to make that team a legit contender in a couple of years.

Chronz
11-28-2012, 01:16 AM
Think of a cross between Deng and AK47. And Morey has him locked up on rookie deal forever

Chronz
11-28-2012, 01:16 AM
Before this season started, I said I thought he could be a 15/5/5 type player while playing phenomenal perimeter defense. I've always thought of him as a poor man's Luol Deng. But he's already reached that expectation and should only continue to get better. When he reaches his peak, he'll be better than Deng. He has the skill to be a No. 2 or No. 3 for a contender in a few years and if he ever decided he wanted the ball more, he'd be more than capable of putting up 20 points a night. But because of all the other things he does, his great passing and rebounding, he never has to be that guy.

I think he's the ideal No. 3 option in Houston. They just need to find a No. 2 to fit with Harden and Parsons to make that team a legit contender in a couple of years.

Deng looked like a future HOF at age 20 or something

heyman321
11-28-2012, 01:18 AM
I thought Chase Budinger would be better than him, but I was wrong on that lmao...

Hawkeye15
11-28-2012, 01:18 AM
Think of a cross between Deng and AK47. And Morey has him locked up on rookie deal forever

When I first saw him play last year, I told everyone in Houston he is AK47 reincarnated.

THE MTL
11-28-2012, 01:51 AM

Yeah the Rockets have 2 years of team options remaining; however they should really not pick up the option and structure a true contract extension. If your man is playing this well, you reward him and keep his loyalty.

However knowing Morey he ride out that 900K contract for the next 2 1/2 years. And this is why guys end up hating Houston and bolting as soon as they can.

alexander_37
11-28-2012, 01:53 AM
He has been way better than expected on offense, kinda slacked defensively since last year.

mightybosstone
11-28-2012, 02:04 AM
Yeah the Rockets have 2 years of team options remaining; however they should really not pick up the option and structure a true contract extension. If your man is playing this well, you reward him and keep his loyalty.

However knowing Morey he ride out that 900K contract for the next 2 1/2 years. And this is why guys end up hating Houston and bolting as soon as they can.

This is just ignorant. Most of the guys who come to Houston love it and don't want to leave. And if you want to knock Morey for trading away players and being smart with money, go ahead. But the guy is trying to win a championship, and he'll do what it takes to keep franchise pieces around. Parson is already a star in Houston and the love between he and the city is mutual. If he continues to produce at this level, Morey will most certainly reward him for his play.

THE MTL
11-28-2012, 02:19 AM
This is just ignorant. Most of the guys who come to Houston love it and don't want to leave. And if you want to knock Morey for trading away players and being smart with money, go ahead. But the guy is trying to win a championship, and he'll do what it takes to keep franchise pieces around. Parson is already a star in Houston and the love between he and the city is mutual. If he continues to produce at this level, Morey will most certainly reward him for his play.

Dragic wanted to leave. Lowry wanted to leave. And im not questioning the love he has for the city nor the organization. Im just saying that I hope your GM doesnt do him wrong cause he does have history of doing ppl wrong.

mightybosstone
11-28-2012, 02:27 AM
Dragic wanted to leave. Lowry wanted to leave. And im not questioning the love he has for the city nor the organization. Im just saying that I hope your GM doesnt do him wrong cause he does have history of doing ppl wrong.

Again, this is wrong. Lowry did want to leave, but that had more to do with his relationship with McHale and hardly anything to do with anything Morey did or anything to do with his contract. As for Dragic, he wanted to stay and Morey wanted to keep him. However, Dragic wanted a fourth year on his contract and Morey didn't want to add that fourth year, so the two sides parted ways.

eternal slumber
11-28-2012, 09:18 AM
Again, this is wrong. Lowry did want to leave, but that had more to do with his relationship with McHale and hardly anything to do with anything Morey did or anything to do with his contract. As for Dragic, he wanted to stay and Morey wanted to keep him. However, Dragic wanted a fourth year on his contract and Morey didn't want to add that fourth year, so the two sides parted ways.

this is true. even Camby wanted to resign with Houston but the team went into a different direction so he wasn't retained.

Jint.
11-28-2012, 09:35 AM
goat cheese

mightybosstone
11-28-2012, 09:58 AM
goat cheese

Thanks for the contribution. Now go back to coloring in Disney coloring books, drooling uncontrollably and wearing helmets in public places.

SteBO
11-28-2012, 10:04 AM
I always thought he was a nice player, but after witnessing Parsons light the Heat up the way he did from the outside as well as drives to the rim, he exceeded even my expectations. I think he can most certainly improve on the defensive end, which I think is a fixable element for a player his age. HOU should do whatever it takes to retain him within reason.

GiantsSwaGG
11-28-2012, 10:12 AM
Solid role player

Swashcuff
11-28-2012, 10:22 AM
One of the pleasant surprises for Houston this season. He's going to be a solid two way contributor for them for a long time to come. He's only going to continue getting better, but I don't think anyone really saw this coming this early from him.

mightybosstone
11-28-2012, 10:23 AM
Solid role player

He's become a hell of a lot more than that. He's averaging 16/7/4/1 with a .596 TS%, 15.9 PER and a .139 WS/48. A year ago he was a role player. Now he's become a legit No. 3 scoring option who plays great perimeter defense.

Swashcuff
11-28-2012, 10:28 AM
Honestly MBT when I read that you said you thought he'd peak as 15/5/5 guy earlier on this season I thought you were smoking something. The 15/5 yeah probably but not the 5 assists. His playmaking has been surprising to me.

Gram
11-28-2012, 10:29 AM
Solid role player

But if he was a Knick he'd be more than that right?

GiantsSwaGG
11-28-2012, 10:32 AM
But if he was a Knick he'd be more than that right?

Yeah he'd be a role player...

If he was on the piston he'd be their best player next to Monroe since everyone else sucks!

mightybosstone
11-28-2012, 10:36 AM
Honestly MBT when I read that you said you thought he'd peak as 15/5/5 guy earlier on this season I thought you were smoking something. The 15/5 yeah probably but not the 5 assists. His playmaking has been surprising to me.

And the funny thing is that his assist totals would be so much higher if he wasn't playing with playmakers like Lin and Harden who need the ball in their hands. The guy is just a great passer and he does a great job of drawing extra attention through penetration and finding the open man on the floor. He actually ran the offense quite a bit when he played with Florida in college, and there were times last season where he basically played point at the end of blowout games.

Aside from trading for James Harden, drafting Parsons in the second round may be the smartest thing Morey did for this franchise.

mightybosstone
11-28-2012, 10:37 AM

If he was on the piston he'd be their best player next to Monroe since everyone else sucks!

You keep saying "role player," but what are you basing this on? Since when is a small forward averaging 16/7/4 and well above average advanced stats across the board "role player" worthy? You're just spewing nonsense.

Gram
11-28-2012, 10:44 AM

LOL oh yeah? Have you even watched them? Singler's playing ten times better than everyone else was sating he would, Drummond has a 23.9 PER, and Knight has been shooting out of his mind the past few games.

I can't wait til Stoudemire comes back and ruins the Knicks tempo. :laugh2:

GiantsSwaGG
11-28-2012, 10:47 AM
LOL oh yeah? Have you even watched them? Singler's playing ten times better than everyone else was sating he would, Drummond has a 23.9 PER, and Knight has been shooting out of his mind the past few games.

I can't wait til Stoudemire comes back and ruins the Knicks tempo. :laugh2:

:laugh2: Awww the Amare comment again. Knicks with Amare >>>>>>>Pistons

Shoot for the stars bro. Come harder than that :laugh2:

Gram
11-28-2012, 10:50 AM

Never said the Pistons were better than the Knicks, not sure where you got that from. ;)

A big lol@you for stealing what I said and using it on me. :laugh: Everything I've said in this beautiful discussion is 100% true. Half of the garbage you've said is not true at all. :laugh:

mightybosstone
11-28-2012, 10:52 AM

I love how you come into this thread, call Parsons a role player and then conveniently pick and chose which comments you want to address so that you can't be called out on your ******** takes. Perhaps you should "come harder than that."

GiantsSwaGG
11-28-2012, 10:54 AM
Never said the Pistons were better than the Knicks, not sure where you got that from. ;)

A big lol@you for stealing what I said and using it on me. :laugh: Everything I've said in this beautiful discussion is 100% true. Half of the garbage you've said is not true at all. :laugh:

You forgot to mention Amare has glass knees that can blow anytime including this season like it did this preseason. Since we wanna play fortune teller, I expect Amare knees to give out and him being out if the line up :)

And your discussion are garbage kid, if you weren't a ***** you'd realize under Woodson when Amare and Melo are on the floor together their record is 6-2

GiantsSwaGG
11-28-2012, 10:54 AM
I love how you come into this thread, call Parsons a role player and then conveniently pick and chose which comments you want to address so that you can't be called out on your ******** takes. Perhaps you should "come harder than that."

He's a role player. You mad bro?

He only looks good cause he's playing for the rockets!

Gram
11-28-2012, 10:56 AM
You forgot to mention Amare has glass knees that can blow anytime including this season like it did this preseason. Since we wanna play fortune teller, I expect Amare knees to give out and him being out if the line up :)

And your discussion are garbage kid, if you weren't a ***** you'd realize under Woodson when Amare and Melo are on the floor together their record is 6-2

So I'm a ***** because I don't know the Knicks record under a specific coach? Interesting! :rolleyes: Maybe you should add some more justification to your insults.

Gram
11-28-2012, 10:57 AM

Calls me a kid, yet most of his arguments include these premature and immature posts.

GiantsSwaGG
11-28-2012, 10:59 AM
I guess you haven't learn from the warning you got from the mods when you and rockets are arguing like little kids. Let it go :laugh2: it's my opinion and I think he's a role player!

mightybosstone
11-28-2012, 10:59 AM
Based on what? What statistical or visual evidence do you have that proves it, besides an extremely vague generalization and simply calling him one? If it's that easy, then Carmelo Anthony is a role player. I'd prove it, except that based on your logic, I don't have to provide any justification for calling someone a role player.

He sure looked good when he put up 31 points, five boards, four assists, four steals and a block when the Rockets whooped the Knicks' *** 131-103 last Friday. I sure am glad the Rockets' "role players" are this good. It's okay, though, because I'm sure the Knicks have a lot of talented young "role players" like Parsons on the roster.... Oh wait... No they don't.

Gram
11-28-2012, 11:01 AM
I guess you haven't learn from the warning you got from the mods when you and rockets are arguing like little kids. Let it go :laugh2: it's my opinion and I think he's a role player!

If the Pistons suck why bother going into their forums? :laugh:

GiantsSwaGG
11-28-2012, 11:01 AM
Based on what? What statistical or visual evidence do you have that proves it, besides an extremely vague generalization and simply calling him one? If it's that easy, then Carmelo Anthony is a role player. I'd prove it, except that based on your logic, I don't have to provide any justification for calling someone a role player.

He sure looked good when he put up 31 points, five boards, four assists, four steals and a block when the Rockets whooped the Knicks' *** 131-103 last Friday. I sure am glad the Rockets' "role players" are this good. It's okay, though, because I'm sure the Knicks have a lot of talented young "role players" like Parsons on the roster.... Oh wait... No they don't.

Lol doesn't change the fact he's a role player. Boobie Gibson scored 31 against the great piston. Role players have break out games doesn't change the fact he's a role player. He's having a nice season but its still early. So stop

GiantsSwaGG
11-28-2012, 11:02 AM
If the Pistons suck why bother going into their forums? :laugh:

Same reason you can't help but quote all my post :laugh:

Gram
11-28-2012, 11:03 AM
Lol doesn't change the fact he's a role player. Boobie Gibson scored 31 against the great piston. Role players have break out games doesn't change the fact he's a role player. He's having a nice season but its still early. So stop

Wait so that can be said about other players but it can't be said about the Knicks? :rolleyes:

Gram
11-28-2012, 11:04 AM
Same reason you can't help but quote all my post :laugh:

What's the reason? I never gave a reason. :rolleyes: What's your reason?

GiantsSwaGG
11-28-2012, 11:05 AM
Wait so that can be said about other players but it can't be said about the Knicks? :rolleyes:

Who said it can't :facepalm:

GiantsSwaGG
11-28-2012, 11:07 AM
What's the reason? I never gave a reason. :rolleyes: What's your reason?

Dude are you alone? Do you need attention? Better than that do you have a GF or wife? If so tend to her and leave me alone :laugh2: I'm going to tend to mines. Enjoy your beautiful life bud :)

mightybosstone
11-28-2012, 11:07 AM

Here's a fun fact. Parsons is averaging more points per game than any player on the Knicks other than Melo and he's doing it with only the fourth most field goal attempts. He'd also be second in assists, third in rebounds and third in TS%. He'd basically be the third best player on the team behind Melo and Chandler.

Gram
11-28-2012, 11:08 AM
Dude are you alone? Do you need attention? Better than that do you have a GF or wife? If so tend to her and leave me alone :laugh2: I'm going to tend to mines. Enjoy your beautiful life bud :)

No I'm not, I'm sitting with one a my best buds in my econ class. :laugh2: Yes I do, she's 3 years older than me and done post secondary and working full time - she's amazing. Yeah go tend to your and stop insulting people's families.

Trust me - I will!

GiantsSwaGG
11-28-2012, 11:09 AM
Here's a fun fact. Parsons is averaging more points per game than any player on the Knicks other than Melo and he's doing it with only the fourth most field goal attempts. He'd also be second in assists, third in rebounds and third in TS%. He'd basically be the third best player on the team behind Melo and Chandler.

Cool story bro.

Gram
11-28-2012, 11:10 AM
Cool story bro.

So he proves you wrong and your answer is "cool story bro?" :laugh:

mightybosstone
11-28-2012, 11:12 AM
Cool story bro.

You're doing it wrong. You should be banned from ever using "cool story, bro" ever again, because clearly you have no ****ing clue how to use it. You should also be banned from trying to argue basketball, because clearly you have no clue how to do that either.

Gram
11-28-2012, 11:14 AM
You're doing it wrong. You should be banned from ever using "cool story, bro" ever gain, because clearly you have no ****ing clue how to use it. You should also be banned from trying to argue basketball, because clearly you have no clue how to do that either.

:laugh2:

Kuya_Clive
11-28-2012, 11:25 AM
lol, internet arguments are funny...anywho, I love the fact that I picked up Parsons in my Fantasy League because he's is playing very well and surpassed my expectations for him.

Benaforce
11-29-2012, 02:38 PM
He has a smooth and effortless look to the way he moves and shoots.

Benaforce
11-29-2012, 02:39 PM
http://www.examiner.com/article/chandler-parsons-injury-bad-news-for-houston-rockets-fantasy-basketball-owners

Ouch