PDA

View Full Version : Did the Bulls make a mistake in not trading for Carmelo Anthony back in 2011?

JordansBulls
11-27-2012, 01:05 PM
Now in hindsight, did the Bulls make a mistake in not trading for Carmelo Anthony back in 2011?

At the time many felt it was just not worth it for the Bulls to trade both Luol Deng and Joakim Noah for Carmelo Anthony.

But that is for people who were just looking at the short term picture which was a year or two. Now it is quite obvious that had the Bulls done that deal and kept someone like Asik around who is playing well in Houston that when Rose did come back the Bulls would be a legit contender once again.

Had the Bulls traded Noah/Deng for Melo and kept Asik the lineup would be this with no Rose.

PG Hinrich
SG Rip
SF Melo
PF Boozer
C Asik

That would certainly be a top 3-4 seed in the East.

And with Rose back

Rose
Rip
Melo
Boozer/Taj
Asik

And that is certainly a championship team right there.

So I ask you the audience, did the Bulls make a mistake in not trading for Carmelo Anthony?

nickdymez
11-27-2012, 01:07 PM
They would easily be the best team in the east with melo there. I dont think there is a team that could match up with them in the 4th with a healthy rose and melo. The defense would take a hit of course with no Deng, but Thibs is a great defensive mind and i believe he could have made it work.

Go_NUGGETS
11-27-2012, 01:08 PM
I don't think it was a mistake, because I don't think the nuggets would've accepted that deal in the first place over the other potential ones that we had besides NY.

Chronz
Im not sure how Boozer and Melo would mesh tho. Both Rip and Booz thrive off movement, Melo would inhibit ball movement if hes playing the 3 or he will inhibit their post touches if hes playing the 4. How would their defense fare if you subtract 2 great defenders for 1 mediocre one?

I would do the deal knowing that Rose is gone and will possibly never return to MVP form.

Becks2307
The way Melo has been playing D this season and Thibs' coaching style, Any defensive drop off would not have been stark. That team would be scary.

Chronz
11-27-2012, 01:10 PM
I don't think it was a mistake, because I don't think the nuggets would've accepted that deal in the first place over the other potential ones that we had besides NY.

Im pretty sure the Nuggets were hoping for that trade.

mightybosstone
11-27-2012, 01:13 PM
They would easily be the best team in the east with melo there. I dont think there is a team that could match up with them in the 4th with a healthy rose and melo. The defense would take a hit of course with no Deng, but Thibs is a great defensive mind and i believe he could have made it work.

Wait a second... How is that team better than the Heat?

JiffyMix88
11-27-2012, 01:13 PM
sure lets have a team of everyone who doesnt play d

mightybosstone
11-27-2012, 01:17 PM
I do think the Bulls probably regret not dealing for Anthony in hindsight, but a lot of that is due to Rose's injury woes over the last year and Asik's surprising development as a starter. That being said, even if you swapped Deng and Noah for Melo and Asik and had a healthy Rose on that roster, I still don't see them beating the Heat in a seven game series.

Chronz
11-27-2012, 01:19 PM
The way Melo has been playing D this season and Thibs' coaching style, Any defensive drop off would not have been stark. That team would be scary.
You would be better off arguing replacing Noah with Asik would improve the defense than arguing the difference from going to those 2 to just Melo isnt that stark. His defense has improved but your talking about a guy who was a defensive slug, any improvement would look big in comparison to himself, in comparison to Deng however, its a stark difference IMO.

Would Melo even be allowed to play the 4 in Chicago?

Go_NUGGETS
11-27-2012, 01:23 PM
Im pretty sure the Nuggets were hoping for that trade.

Not from what I remember.

JordansBulls
11-27-2012, 01:28 PM
I do think the Bulls probably regret not dealing for Anthony in hindsight, but a lot of that is due to Rose's injury woes over the last year and Asik's surprising development as a starter. That being said, even if you swapped Deng and Noah for Melo and Asik and had a healthy Rose on that roster, I still don't see them beating the Heat in a seven game series.

They may not beat them or be favorites to beat them as only 1 team can win it all, but they certainly would be in a better position to do so. They would not have to depend solely on Rose to create for the entire team and they also would have someone else in crunch time to go to. For instance in a tight game who do you put Lebron on Rose or Melo? If you put him on Rose, then that leaves Melo and we saw what Melo did to Battier. If you put Lebron on Melo, then who guards Rose? Wade or Battier does a decent job on him but Rose can still go at them at will.

ManningToTyree
11-27-2012, 01:31 PM
If that was the deal then yes. However, I find it hard to believe the nuggets wouldn't have countered asking for more like they did several times with the knicks.

mightybosstone
11-27-2012, 01:37 PM
They may not beat them or be favorites to beat them as only 1 team can win it all, but they certainly would be in a better position to do so. They would not have to depend solely on Rose to create for the entire team and they also would have someone else in crunch time to go to. For instance in a tight game who do you put Lebron on Rose or Melo? If you put him on Rose, then that leaves Melo and we saw what Melo did to Battier. If you put Lebron on Melo, then who guards Rose? Wade or Battier does a decent job on him but Rose can still go at them at will.

I agree completely that it would be a better basketball team offensively. They would take a hit on defense, but if they had gotten Melo, they probably could have amnestied Boozer earlier and started Gibson at PF, immediately improving the starting five's defense and potentially creating cap room for a SG or a nice bench piece.

However, I do think that team would struggled in terms of outside shooting as Rose and Melo are both below average perimeter shooters.

BcEuAbRsS
11-27-2012, 01:46 PM
I wish they would of done that deal regardless of hindsight.

Daunter
11-27-2012, 01:46 PM
Melo can shoot the 3 very well...Much better than Deng and he can create for himself.

JordansBulls
11-27-2012, 01:47 PM
For those that say Melo would not have resigned.
Look at New Jersey now Brooklyn, they traded for Deron even though he kept saying he was going to leave them for Dallas and look at him now he is in Brooklyn and he stayed with them. Sometimes you gotta take risks to acquire star players and the Bulls don't seem to be willing to do that. The Lakers, Celtics, etc don't seem to care either. Hell I believe KG was saying he didn't want to be in Boston when the trade was going down.

Stinkyoutsider
11-27-2012, 01:50 PM
I think so and I'm a Bulls fan. We should have done the deal...

Noah brings a lot to the Bulls and I think the only 2 things Asik would have been able to bring would be defense and rebounding. Noah is our spark plug and a leader on our team.

I'm not that happy with Deng and haven't been for the last 2 seasons. It's probably due to the amount of mileage he has but he clearly isn't the same player he was when the Bulls swept Shaq and Dwade in the first round of the playoffs. The thing I'm most disappointed with is he's not creating his own shot anymore and coach Thibbs isn't changing things to get him in the post so he can create some offense for the rest of our team.

Melo would be making plays for the rest of the team which is what we lack right now. We would be in trouble without Deng's defense (which I'm still happy with) but if we amnestied Boozer after the Melo deal, we would have 10+ million a season to try and get us a defensive stopper and possibly strengthen the team.

mightybosstone
11-27-2012, 01:52 PM
Melo can shoot the 3 very well...Much better than Deng and he can create for himself.

False. They're both been inconsistent over their career as Deng is a .334 career 3-point shooter and Melo is at .327 over his career. But Deng has been much better over the last four years or so, averaging .367 on 3s last year and taking four a game (above average). Melo has been all over the place, but shot only .335 last season on his 3.9 attempts per game.

Melo has been better this season, but it's such a small sample size, that it's hard to take seriously. Melo will not shoot better than 40 percent for the entire season and Deng will not shoot worse than 30 percent. I expect they'll both finish in the 33-37 percent range.

nickdymez
11-27-2012, 01:57 PM
Wait a second... How is that team better than the Heat?

The Dallas mavericks beat the mighty Heat rather easily. Why wouldnt a bulls team with Melo?

mightybosstone
11-27-2012, 02:05 PM
The Dallas mavericks beat the mighty Heat rather easily. Why wouldnt a bulls team with Melo?

Those are two COMPLETELY different teams. Why would you naturally make that comparison? Also, the Mavericks hardly beat them "easily" and Lebron played about as poorly in a playoff series as he could possibly play. Based on the current team with Lebron and Bosh playing unbelievable, Wade still providing solid scoring and a much better cast of role players and improved chemistry, that Mavericks team wouldn't have stood a chance.

Also, you're completely forgetting the fact that a team of Russell Westbrook, James Harden, Kevin Durant and Serge Ibaka got beat "rather easily" by the Heat last season. Do you honestly see this hypothetical Bulls team as better than last year's Thunder? Because I think they'd be quite similar, but the Thunder would have been more talented.

Chronz
11-27-2012, 02:06 PM
For those that say Melo would not have resigned.
Look at New Jersey now Brooklyn, they traded for Deron even though he kept saying he was going to leave them for Dallas and look at him now he is in Brooklyn and he stayed with them. Sometimes you gotta take risks to acquire star players and the Bulls don't seem to be willing to do that. The Lakers, Celtics, etc don't seem to care either. Hell I believe KG was saying he didn't want to be in Boston when the trade was going down.

Yea but look at the player and look at where both decided to stay. New York and Melo.

MonroeFAN
11-27-2012, 02:07 PM

A team with a healthy Wade and Lebron?

I don't personally think the Bulls would be any better off. Anthony is not a winner, and Rose will never be the same player again.

DoMeFavors
11-27-2012, 02:09 PM
no Lakers did

Nash
Kobe
Artest
Melo
Gasol

DeyAce
11-27-2012, 02:13 PM
lol Bulls forum closed this thread right away when JB posted it there too. Bunch of Deng lovers. We should of defiantly traded for Melo but I dont trust this Front office when it comes to acquiring top free agents.

JasonJohnHorn
11-27-2012, 02:15 PM
I'm not sure that Melo makes the Bulls better than Deng. Deng is a defensive player who compliments other players and doesn't need to score a lot but can. Also, Asik would be as good a rebounder as Noah, but he wouldn't be as good offensively or as good a passer. That is a huge plus.

Noah Deng > Melo Asik? Perhpas not over-all talent wise, but in terms of chemistry? I think the Bulls are better off.

pacofunk64
11-27-2012, 02:19 PM
Hindsight....absolutely. Whats the one thing we've lacked...another scorer. I think the Bulls would be slightly better and better in the playoffs have 2 legit scoring options.

shep33
11-27-2012, 02:21 PM
Nuggets got a superior deal out of the Knicks

nickdymez
11-27-2012, 02:22 PM
lol. Heat stans are the worst man. When the Heat win, they are an unstoppable force that the world has never seen, up there with the justice league or the xmen. when they lose, its some strange excuse as to why they lost that has nothing to do with Lebron. its silly

shep33
11-27-2012, 02:22 PM
no Lakers did

Nash
Kobe
Artest
Melo
Gasol

I'm a Laker fan, and I don't think Carmelo + Kobe could've co-existed.

blahblahyoutoo
11-27-2012, 02:28 PM

Deng is overrated and should not have been an allstar.
he is a solid player, nothing more.

BklynKnicks3
11-27-2012, 02:29 PM
Melo didnt want the bulls

KNICKS R BACK
11-27-2012, 02:33 PM
oh now everybodies a melo fan? hop off! LOL @ the lowly city of chicago!

DoMeFavors
11-27-2012, 02:34 PM
I'm a Laker fan, and I don't think Carmelo + Kobe could've co-existed.

Melo could have made 3 pointers off a pass from Kobe....

chicagocubsfan
11-27-2012, 02:39 PM
Deng is overrated and should not have been an allstar.
he is a solid player, nothing more.

Deng is an elite defensive player and is above average on offense.

Chronz
11-27-2012, 02:39 PM
Hindsight....absolutely. Whats the one thing we've lacked...another scorer. I think the Bulls would be slightly better and better in the playoffs have 2 legit scoring options.
This seems to be the automated response, I honestly dont agree with this line of thinking. Couldn't lots of teams that arent winning it all say they could use another scorer? That doesnt mean it would make them better. You gain something and lose something in just about every transaction. Im not picking on your opinion so much as the rationale given, I do think Melo could have made the Bulls better but I dont think its a given. He doesn't strike me as that kind of automatic upgrade for a team. There are serious questions regarding the impact his play has on the team.

Chronz
11-27-2012, 02:42 PM
As for Melo's shooting, who the **** knows with this guy. Hes like JR Smith in that they can run hot or cold, season to season, game to game. Some years they do pretty good when spotting up, other years they have better %'s when they take shots off the dribble than they do when unguarded.

Deng is an elite defensive player and is above average on offense.

Im not sure about the offense anymore, is the guy ever healthy?

mightybosstone
11-27-2012, 02:46 PM
lol. Heat stans are the worst man. When the Heat win, they are an unstoppable force that the world has never seen, up there with the justice league or the xmen. when they lose, its some strange excuse as to why they lost that has nothing to do with Lebron. its silly

You are aware that I'm not a Heat fan, right? And you have yet to respond to my very logical post. How would this hypothetical Bulls team have been better than last year's Thunder, which the Heat destroyed in the Finals?

blahblahyoutoo
11-27-2012, 02:50 PM

easily huh...
forgot about a trio of guys in south beach?

Yunqn
11-27-2012, 02:51 PM
As much as i like noah we shouldve kept asik & moved noah for a potential star ala a james harden like in maybe a 3 way .. Or w.e

I like deng alot but i would have had pursued a trade for rudy gay asap the past 2 years..

I feel like the bulls & derrick rose are playing themselves if they continue to think they can get anywhere close to the title with this group...

The bulls have to make a move this year or next .. And cutting boozer wont help since you subtracting without replacing him with someone better..

When are we going to finally come to realize that the bulls arent that good.. Even with rose healthy last year .. We cant seem to beat the knicks or boston the way the heat do.. And we cant get by the heat.. We always edge out teams we dont pound on them.. Thats why we wont win with this group .. You cant edge out teams in the playoffs , only in the reg season.

JordansBulls
11-27-2012, 02:56 PM
Those are two COMPLETELY different teams. Why would you naturally make that comparison? Also, the Mavericks hardly beat them "easily" and Lebron played about as poorly in a playoff series as he could possibly play. Based on the current team with Lebron and Bosh playing unbelievable, Wade still providing solid scoring and a much better cast of role players and improved chemistry, that Mavericks team wouldn't have stood a chance.

Also, you're completely forgetting the fact that a team of Russell Westbrook, James Harden, Kevin Durant and Serge Ibaka got beat "rather easily" by the Heat last season. Do you honestly see this hypothetical Bulls team as better than last year's Thunder? Because I think they'd be quite similar, but the Thunder would have been more talented.

The Thunder lost in 5 but it wasn't easily. 3 of the games essentially came down to the last minute where the game wasn't decided yet.

JordansBulls
11-27-2012, 02:59 PM
I'm not sure that Melo makes the Bulls better than Deng. Deng is a defensive player who compliments other players and doesn't need to score a lot but can. Also, Asik would be as good a rebounder as Noah, but he wouldn't be as good offensively or as good a passer. That is a huge plus.

Noah Deng > Melo Asik? Perhpas not over-all talent wise, but in terms of chemistry? I think the Bulls are better off.

I think for the regular season the Bulls may have been a bit worse but for the playoffs would have been much better. do you remember how much the Bulls struggled in the 2011 playoffs vs Indiana and Atlanta with Rose being the only one who could create on the team?

tking07
11-27-2012, 03:11 PM
and Rose will never be the same player again.

How can you say that? Do you watch football? Adrian Peterson? :confused:

justinnum1
11-27-2012, 03:13 PM
Bulls FO overrates their players.

Rosh
11-27-2012, 03:13 PM
No.

Ebbs
11-27-2012, 03:20 PM
They should have done the deal yea

NickyNick
11-27-2012, 03:27 PM
You never know, Rose and Melo could easily not mesh. Someone would have to take a large cutback on shots.

justinnum1
11-27-2012, 03:28 PM
You never know, Rose and Melo could easily not mesh. Someone would have to take a large cutback on shots.

I dont think Melo has ever meshed with another elite player

NickyNick
11-27-2012, 03:31 PM
easily huh...
forgot about a trio of guys in south beach?

I can think of 2...

DeyAce
11-27-2012, 03:31 PM
Melo would thrive playing for Coach Thibs

effen5
11-27-2012, 03:36 PM
I love how JB says we have the potential of being a 3-4 seed, apparently he forgot the bulls were a number 1 seed without melo the last two years.

This team is fine the way it is. Any team would take a huge hit if they lost their MVP. I really wished we kept korver and asik though.

Plus I don't think melo would play well with another superstar.

NickyNick
11-27-2012, 03:36 PM
Melo would thrive playing for Coach Thibs

easy to say, as long as Rose would be willing to be number 2

JordansBulls
11-27-2012, 03:37 PM
No.

Why you say this?

superior
11-27-2012, 03:42 PM
bruh what are u talkin about??? with rose healthy the bulls won 124 games the past 2 season....evrybody calm down when rose gets back, things will return to normal....and noah/deng >>>>>> than carmelo anyday of the week

DeyAce
11-27-2012, 03:56 PM
Bulls FO refuse to get Derrick any help

king4day
11-27-2012, 03:57 PM
I still think Lebron, Wade, and Bosh would have been better than Rose, Melo, and Asik

naps
11-27-2012, 04:00 PM

It's like saying Warriors are better than the juggernaut of misfits fakers have assembled.

lmao! MBT is a Rockets fan. Not a single Heat fan said anything and yet you were crying and calling out the Heat fanbase. Pathetic.

JordansBulls
11-27-2012, 04:47 PM
bruh what are u talkin about??? with rose healthy the bulls won 124 games the past 2 season....evrybody calm down when rose gets back, things will return to normal....and noah/deng >>>>>> than carmelo anyday of the week

Yes we can win a good chuck in the regular season, but who takes the pressure off of Rose comes playoff time?

Jroz
11-27-2012, 04:57 PM
i dont think you would have wanted Melo..just can't see him teaming up with anyone on his level and it working out. If the Bulls could play with 2 basketballs than maybe, but Melo has to be the center piece of a team with every possible supporting cast member around him...Rose is not this type of piece, he is the star

RonE Coleman
11-27-2012, 05:01 PM
I dont think Melo has ever meshed with another elite player

Typical hater, name one truly Elite player Melo has even played with. And don't say Iverson at the end of his career or a banged up Amare.

Jroz
11-27-2012, 05:03 PM
Typical hater, name one truly Elite player Melo has even played with. And don't say Iverson at the end of his career or a banged up Amare.

to be fair, pre Melo Stat was beasting, post Melo Stat was not...he's had injuries, he didnt have felton anymore, and lack of team chemistry..regardless of any of the above excuses, the pairing has not been sucessful yet...how many years do they need to "gel"

RonE Coleman
11-27-2012, 05:04 PM
I still think Lebron, Wade, and Bosh would have been better than Rose, Melo, and Asik

I don't, as great as Wade is I think he is expendable to that current Miami team. Lebron does everything Wade does, just much better.

RonE Coleman
11-27-2012, 05:06 PM
to be fair, pre Melo Stat was beasting, post Melo Stat was not...he's had injuries, he didnt have felton anymore, and lack of team chemistry..any of the above excuses can point to the pairing not so sucessful yet...how many years do they need to "gel"

Lets be real... the Phoenix Amare was elite and Id also say he was Elite for the first half of the season in NY.

But its not like Lebron who plays with Wade and Bosh, or Kobe who has a different elite player on his team every year (Shaq,Howard, prime Pau, etc.)

JordansBulls
11-27-2012, 05:10 PM
I don't, as great as Wade is I think he is expendable to that current Miami team. Lebron does everything Wade does, just much better.

Wade in no way shape or form is expendable. He is the masterpiece for the Heat. If Wade is not there the Heat organization never gets a title.

Guppyfighter
11-27-2012, 05:14 PM
It would have been a mistake to trade Joah and Deng for Melo.

elledaddy
11-27-2012, 05:14 PM

Lmao....... Why would somebody have to take a " LARGE" cutback on shots? Most teams average between 77 to 83 shots per game. Melo average about 19 shots per game for his career and D Rose about 17.5 per. If they both just shot 1 less shot each( best case), that leaves roughly 45 other shots per night. That can be easily done, last year Westbrook and Durant both averaged 19 shots per game each and it worked for them just fine

RonE Coleman
11-27-2012, 05:17 PM
Wade in no way shape or form is expendable. He is the masterpiece for the Heat. If Wade is not there the Heat organization never gets a title.

Yeah... in 2006.

This is 2012.

When I say expendable I don't mean not replacing him with someone who is very talented. I just think other players would fit better next to Bosh and Lebron.

JordansBulls
11-27-2012, 05:28 PM
Yeah... in 2006.

This is 2012.

When I say expendable I don't mean not replacing him with someone who is very talented. I just think other players would fit better next to Bosh and Lebron.

In general. With no Wade around, the Heat never get a title in 2006 and further they never get Bosh nor Lebron. So yes Wade is responsible for the Heat's titles.

RonE Coleman
11-27-2012, 05:32 PM
In general. With no Wade around, the Heat never get a title in 2006 and further they never get Bosh nor Lebron. So yes Wade is responsible for the Heat's titles.

Again... that has nothing to do with right now in 2012.

SteveNash
11-27-2012, 05:48 PM
Reinsdorf wouldn't be willing to spend.

You'd have a defensive coach with a starting lineup of poor defenders that Asik can't come close to making up.

Matchup with the Heat would go:
Chalmers > Rose
Wade < Hamilton
Battier > Carmelo
LeBron > Boozer
Bosh > Asik

That's 4 of 5, that will win every time.

JordansBulls
11-27-2012, 05:57 PM
Reinsdorf wouldn't be willing to spend.

You'd have a defensive coach with a starting lineup of poor defenders that Asik can't come close to making up.

Matchup with the Heat would go:
Chalmers > Rose
Wade < Hamilton
Battier > Carmelo
LeBron > Boozer
Bosh > Asik

That's 4 of 5, that will win every time.

is this some type of sick joke here? Chalmers better than Rose, Rip better than Wade, Battier better than Melo? WTF.

Guppyfighter
11-27-2012, 05:58 PM
He wasn't taught how those arrows were supposed to be used.

justinnum1
11-27-2012, 05:59 PM
Bulls front office was smart enough to see Deng is a better fit on the team than Melo.

Melo would have taken the ball out of rose's hand, played little defense, and when he got mad at thibs he wouldn't play hard anymore.

Bulls were smart.

RonE Coleman
11-27-2012, 06:06 PM
Bulls front office was smart enough to see Deng is a better fit on the team than Melo.

Melo would have taken the ball out of rose's hand, played little defense, and when he got mad at thibs he wouldn't play hard anymore.

Bulls were smart.

45,000 posts of utter nonsense. Someone was clearly dropped on his head at a young age

SteveNash
11-27-2012, 06:07 PM
is this some type of sick joke here? Chalmers better than Rose, Rip better than Wade, Battier better than Melo? WTF.

Chalmers owns Rose's soul. Rip has always outplayed Wade head to head, don't know how the matchups would have worked out, so you can put LeBron/Battier>Anthony/Boozer.

Guppyfighter
11-27-2012, 06:08 PM
45,000 posts of utter nonsense. Someone was clearly dropped on his head at a young age

He's right about Melo not playing defense.

bucketss
11-27-2012, 06:10 PM

if they would be EASILY the best team in the east than clearly no one out west is gonna **** with them either.

rickshaw
11-27-2012, 06:24 PM

Well Lebron and Wade have 3 MVPs and 2 FinalsMVPs between them. So you're reasoning for Kobe being better then Lebron all these years would have to apply to Wade and Lebron being better than Rose and Melo. Please stop trolling.

Uncbball234
11-27-2012, 06:25 PM
They should of Atleast they would have a chance. There current team of role players and 1 star isn't going to work.

JordansBulls
11-27-2012, 06:30 PM
Chalmers owns Rose's soul. Rip has always outplayed Wade head to head, don't know how the matchups would have worked out, so you can put LeBron/Battier>Anthony/Boozer.

You are crazy, Rose has dominated Chalmers and Wade brutalizes Rip.

justinnum1
11-27-2012, 06:43 PM

Chalmers- 1ncaa title(beat roses team), and 1 nba championship(helped knock rose out of the playoffs in 2011.

Rose-

Dominated? I don't think so.

quade36
11-27-2012, 06:49 PM
No. Bulls have been doing pretty well the last few years. A star studded team with Anthony, Amar, Lin, and every other superstar on NY haven't.

bucketss
11-27-2012, 07:03 PM

yeah but chalmers beat rose without homecourt advantage.

effen5
11-27-2012, 08:12 PM

Two trolls going at it

Quinnsanity
11-27-2012, 09:18 PM
Rose and Carmelo together? There might actually be negative shots available to the rest of the team.

xxplayerxx23
11-27-2012, 10:03 PM
Rose and Melo is nice on paper, Melo's defense from this year? With Thibs as the coach I like it. I think they would challenge Miami for sure

IversonIsKrazy
11-27-2012, 10:33 PM
Sure do. I remember at the time I thought giving up both Noah + Deng was too pricy, but could you imagine that now? They would've kept Asik. With Rose back...

Rose/Rip/Melo/Boozer/Asik WOW.

nickdymez
11-27-2012, 10:52 PM
It's like saying Warriors are better than the juggernaut of misfits fakers have assembled.

lmao! MBT is a Rockets fan. Not a single Heat fan said anything and yet you were crying and calling out the Heat fanbase. Pathetic.

huh?

AddiX
11-27-2012, 10:56 PM
Rose and Carmelo together? There might actually be negative shots available to the rest of the team.

Have you seen the rest of the team try to play offense?

JordansBulls
11-28-2012, 08:15 PM
Chalmers- 1ncaa title(beat roses team), and 1 nba championship(helped knock rose out of the playoffs in 2011.

Rose-

If he was the man on the team then yes otherwise might as well say Horry beat Duncan because that is the difference between Chalmers vs Rose and Horry vs Duncan.

justinnum1
11-28-2012, 08:17 PM
If he was the man on the team then yes otherwise might as well say Horry beat Duncan because that is the difference between Chalmers vs Rose and Horry vs Duncan.

Chalmers will finish his career with more rings, that you are correct.

Munkeysuit
11-28-2012, 08:36 PM
Question should be "would the Knicks be a better team than the Bulls if DRose was healthy?"

JordansBulls
12-01-2012, 05:29 PM
Question should be "would the Knicks be a better team than the Bulls if DRose was healthy?"
Probably would be about the same right now.

tripleplay2007
12-01-2012, 05:48 PM
Too many what ifs

effen5
12-01-2012, 06:07 PM
of the 63k posts of jbs, about 63k are what ifs

Stunner
12-01-2012, 07:41 PM

Iverson was the closes he averaged 25 ppg with Melo

bucketss
12-01-2012, 08:02 PM
Probably would be about the same right now.

what?

JordansBulls
12-03-2012, 03:26 PM
what?

Bulls and Knicks would be equal teams as of right now with Rose healthy.

JordansBulls
12-05-2012, 12:51 PM
Chalmers will finish his career with more rings, that you are correct.

Doesn't matter unless he is the best player on those teams.

P Styles
12-05-2012, 01:05 PM

Rose-

NCAA? I'll be expecting your next post to acknowledge Melo as a Champion as well then.

Mitch Kramer
12-05-2012, 01:11 PM
Have you seen the rest of the team try to play offense?

:laugh:

Last nights Pacers vs Bulls game was a great example of how the Bulls shouldnt completely shy away from offensive talented players just because their defense is suspect. Trading Deng and Noah would have been worth getting a player like Melo. Bulls FO falls in love with their guys, and here they are. 8-8 thru a very easy stretch of their schedule.

justinnum1
12-05-2012, 01:27 PM
NCAA? I'll be expecting your next post to acknowledge Melo as a Champion as well then.

That's the highlight of melo's basketball career to this point.

JordansBulls
12-05-2012, 02:00 PM
:laugh:

Last nights Pacers vs Bulls game was a great example of how the Bulls shouldnt completely shy away from offensive talented players just because their defense is suspect. Trading Deng and Noah would have been worth getting a player like Melo. Bulls FO falls in love with their guys, and here they are. 8-8 thru a very easy stretch of their schedule.

:clap:

SteveNash
12-05-2012, 04:55 PM

Shooting 30% is dominating?:laugh:

Just face it, Chalmers is the Rose killer. Murdered him in college. Murdered him the NBA.

Wade can't handle Rip, he's too lazy.

sammyvine
12-05-2012, 05:49 PM
Shooting 30% is dominating?:laugh:

Just face it, Chalmers is the Rose killer. Murdered him in college. Murdered him the NBA.

Wade can't handle Rip, he's too lazy.

Chalmers is an NBA all star

Mitch Kramer
12-05-2012, 05:52 PM
Chalmers is an NBA all star

:facepalm:

wow turn on a television and watch an NBA game for once in your life.