PDA

View Full Version : Is it time now for the Clippers to get rid of VDN and go after Jerry Sloan?

JordansBulls
11-27-2012, 09:50 AM
Is it time now for the Clippers to get rid of VDN and go after Jerry Sloan?

JNoel
11-27-2012, 09:53 AM
I was about to make a thread about this.

Absolutely, they've lost four strait games, the last two against relatively weak teams. It is only a matter of time before Vinny loses control of this team. As for signing Sloan, not sure about his maintaining stability as he did lose control of the Utah Jazz team which basically drove him out. Phil Jackson anyone?

SteBO
11-27-2012, 09:55 AM
Why do people always forget that there are highs and lows for every team in the regular season? C'mon. I'm not sold on VDN either, but its still too early for this in my opinion.

JNoel
11-27-2012, 10:09 AM
Why do people always forget that there are highs and lows for every team in the regular season? C'mon. I'm not sold on VDN either, but its still too early for this in my opinion.

Maybe it is a little early, but you just tend to wonder why they start losing a slew a games against crappy teams.

JasonJohnHorn
11-27-2012, 10:13 AM
I knew this would come up as soon as VDN hit a losing streak. I think he's done a great job with the Clippers, but Sloan is the better coach. That said, Vinny will be around for a while yet, while Sloan is fast approaching the average life expectancy for an American man. I would like to see what Sloan could do with this roster, BUT, I don't think Vinny has given the Clippers FO reason to fire him just yet. That said, Mike Brown was given a very short leash this season and the Clippers might be in the same mindset. If you are going to make a coaching change mid-season, it it best to do it early so the new coach has time to get his system in place.

Interesting question. I'm not sure where I sit on this one.

LakersIn5
11-27-2012, 11:46 AM
when the clips were winning everyone was praising crawford, blake, cp3 but now they are losing they are blaming VDN without blaming blake for scoring only 2 pts and crawford for going back to reality. lol.

bootleg42
11-27-2012, 11:54 AM
Jerry Sloan isn't coming back to coach.

The Clippers need one more scorer, and there seems to be no way to get it. A trade for Amare with NY maybe???

t_money25
11-27-2012, 12:04 PM
No it's not time to get rid of VDN.....but if Phil Jackson wanted to coach the clippers I'd hire him just to stick it to the Lakers

kdspurman
11-27-2012, 12:04 PM
I don't see Sloan going to the Clippers. Doesn't strike me as the kind of guy who wants to be in that kind of market/environment. The fact that the Lakers didn't even attempt to contact him says something to.

SouthSideRookie
11-27-2012, 12:17 PM
when the clips were winning everyone was praising crawford, blake, cp3 but now they are losing they are blaming VDN without blaming blake for scoring only 2 pts and crawford for going back to reality. lol.

Where is Clippersfan86, that guy was knee-jerking starting threads like a B when the Clippers were winning or anytime Harden had a bad game. I wonder what he thinks about 4.

LAKobeBryant
11-27-2012, 12:22 PM
Jerry Sloan isn't coming back to coach.

The Clippers need one more scorer, and there seems to be no way to get it. A trade for Amare with NY maybe???

They got the best overall roster. Its all around better than miamis. They don't need a scorer, they need to play well together.

HesterJordan23
11-27-2012, 12:40 PM
clips have the team this year to win, now they just need to mesh there abilities together and work as one.,

Chronz
11-27-2012, 12:45 PM
Last night was a fluke game, they happen.

Dade County
11-27-2012, 12:54 PM
They will give vdn the entire year, and in a move to try to keep Cp3, they will go after Sloan aka Pick & Roll Master Teacher.

Chronz
11-27-2012, 01:04 PM
They will give vdn the entire year, and in a move to try to keep Cp3, they will go after Sloan aka Pick & Roll Master Teacher.

Not that your wrong but why do people say this? What is it they are referring to?

He runs a disciplined flex, for years the Jazz were literally one of the least PnR oriented offenses in the league, in fact, 1 year they scored less off PnR than anyone else in the league. Im not sure what their efficiency in those sets was tho so Im not saying your wrong, I just hope people realize hes more of a movement master. I always wondered what CP3 would look like in the Flex. Deron hasn't been the same without it but I dont know if it suits CP3's game. Im probably wrong tho

Whomewhome
11-27-2012, 01:39 PM
You want to put the dagger in LA Lakers fans, go after Phil Jackson...:)..

Pluvious
11-27-2012, 01:57 PM
Is it time now for the Clippers to get rid of VDN and go after Jerry Sloan?

They were the best team in the league last week or so I though? :confused: Oh wait, you're saying its an 82 game season? I see.

Stinkyoutsider
11-27-2012, 02:03 PM
I honestly can't imagine the Clippers going after Jerry Sloan. I think he's nearing NBA coach retirement age? I would like to think they would bring him in to have control over the personnel decisions and to mentor Del Negro.

That would probably be a good move for any team with a young coach.

JordansBulls
11-27-2012, 04:52 PM

I understand that but not to the teams they have lost to except the Thunder.

SteBO
11-27-2012, 06:06 PM
I understand that but not to the teams they have lost to except the Thunder.
Look, a lot of going to have to happen for VDN to keep his job in the long run considering Phil Jackson is out there. People can dispute it all they want, but the fact he was close to quickly accepting the Laker job tells me a lot.

However, they're on a 4-game losing streak because Jamal Crawford has hit a slump, Blake Griffin just finished having one of his worst games a pro, and the Clippers' D isn't nearly as formidable as it's been previous. I find it hard pressed to believe that VDN is a primary reason for it all, especially in regards to Griffin and Crawford's production.

shep33
11-27-2012, 06:16 PM
Don't like VDN as their coach, never have. That being said it's still early, and I wouldn't be too worried about the losing streak.

justinnum1
11-27-2012, 06:17 PM
phil jackson should go there discounted and beat the lakers in the WCF. that would be something

shep33
11-27-2012, 06:18 PM
You want to put the dagger in LA Lakers fans, go after Phil Jackson...:)..

That wouldn't work at all though. That team has probably the least compatable players to work within the Triangle. They have no post players outside of maybe Blake who isn't really a post player. Cp3 thrives on P&R, so you don't want to take that away from him, and the Triangle is really a slow paced, control the tempo, type of offense.

Sloan makes more sense, but again its still early.

SteBO
11-27-2012, 06:19 PM
Also, let's not forget that Chauncey Billups and Grant Hill have yet to play this year. At that point, does it matter that VDN is the coach? They're so deep and talented it's silly.

Gritz
11-27-2012, 06:23 PM
Need to stop relying strictly on Jamal Crawford isolations at the end of the game

Cracka2HI!
11-27-2012, 07:21 PM
It's way too early, but this 4 game losing streak has really took the wind out of my sails. I didn't expect the team to play this poorly all year after the Spurs win. It looked like Vinny has made some real strides, but now it almost looks like the league just needed a few games to figure him out. The players are to blame too and Blake may be a lot more hurt than he is letting on, but it's hard not to blame the coach for a team that is so inconsistant.