PDA

View Full Version : Western Conference: Which teams get the last few seeds?

sodaddicted
11-26-2012, 04:10 AM
Assume that the following 5 teams make the playoffs (order doesn't matter):

-OKC
-Memphis
-San Antonio
-LA Clippers
-LA Lakers

Who are the 3 other teams that make the playoffs in the Western Conference?

marsza
11-26-2012, 04:36 AM
Minnesota
Dallas
Denver

shep33
11-26-2012, 04:36 AM
I think its safe to put the Nuggets in there. Last two... Dallas should be fine when Dirk comes back (lower seed) then I'd say it's a toss up between the Jazz, Warriors and Rockets

I'm going Nuggets, Mavs and Warriors

I think Denver and Dallas will be locks.

jerryred
11-26-2012, 04:37 AM
6. Nuggets
7. Jazz
8. Warriors

Guppyfighter
11-26-2012, 05:40 AM
The Jazz just aren't that good. It's going to cost them a spot.

I am upgrading the Warriors to the seventh seed.

And the eight seed will either be Mavericks or Rockets.

Baller1
11-26-2012, 12:47 PM
6. Nuggets
7. T'Wolves
8. Rockets

Warriors and Dallas are right there, but barely miss.

THE MTL
11-26-2012, 01:08 PM
I personally got the Nuggets, Warriors, and Wolves.

6. Nuggets have finally got it together looks like. And Lawson is coming around.

7. Warrios. I think Bogut will get his health together by the end of the season and solidfy them as a playoff team. Curry, Thompson, Landry, Lee are far too talented to miss the playoffs.

8. Wolves. I know it looks bad now, especially with stat-padder Love, but if they can hang around just enough until Rubio comes back, they'll be set.

Ty_Lawson
11-26-2012, 01:20 PM
Lakers are locked for top 5?

sodaddicted
11-26-2012, 01:38 PM
No, we're just assuming that they make the playoffs.

EDIT: Oh, I see. Slightly misleading title

COOLbeans
11-26-2012, 01:44 PM
Nice to see the warriors getting some love in this thread and in this forum

mightybosstone
11-26-2012, 02:02 PM
Denver is a lock, IMO, so it's between everyone else for the last two spots. I don't see the Warriors making the playoffs. They've overachieved and they've lost to the teams I've expected them to lose to and Steph Curry will miss time at some point, which will kill them. Dallas could and should potentially make the postseason, but they need Dirk back quickly, because that sexy start turned sour in a hurry.

I actually really like Utah and Houston, with Dallas, Minnesota, Portland and Golden State (in that order) hovering around .500 in the 9-12 spots. Utah has the size and talent to match up with anybody and Mo Williams was a huge acquisition for them. And Houston has a ton of young talent and can put up points in a hurry, while limiting other teams offensively with Asik on the interior.

I'll admit that the Rockets pick is a bit of a homer selection, but aside from the Utah game, they've been in every single game they've played this season and overcome a ton of adversity. Once they get more comfortable with each other, they'll start to win those tight fourth quarter and overtime games that they've lost this year.

JordansBulls
11-26-2012, 03:11 PM
6. Nuggets
7. T'Wolves
8. Rockets

Warriors and Dallas are right there, but barely miss.

Switch Twolves with Dallas.