PDA

View Full Version : Warriors-Bucks: Who Won the Trade

Guppyfighter
11-25-2012, 02:57 AM
We now have some hindsight on our side.

Warriors received
Bogut
Stephen Jackson (Turned into Festus and Richard Jefferson)

Bucks received
Ellis
Udoh
Kwame Brown

Ebbs
11-25-2012, 02:58 AM
Bucks with relative ease. Ellis is a plyer. Bogut is a scratch and while Festsus has been solid obviously he isn't in Ellis's realm.

JNoel
11-25-2012, 02:59 AM
Warriors

sf-fanatic
11-25-2012, 03:00 AM
I think we will have to wait for Bogut to return and see how much he plays before a fair assessment can be made. Let's check at the end of the year.

Baller1
11-25-2012, 03:07 AM
Bucks. You might as well take Bogut's name out of the trade, he doesn't play. Ever.

topdog
11-25-2012, 03:13 AM
Can I just say that both teams lost the trade? Nothing about it makes much impact for either.

Ebbs
11-25-2012, 03:23 AM
Can I just say that both teams lost the trade? Nothing about it makes much impact for either.

That's not true. Bucks won this trade. Ellis is a difference maker for them. Bogut never played.

sixer04fan
11-25-2012, 03:29 AM
Bucks for now... Gotta wait and see with Bogut

topdog
11-25-2012, 03:33 AM
That's not true. Bucks won this trade. Ellis is a difference maker for them. Bogut never played.

I thought word was that Ellis will exercise his ETO at the end of the year, so there is very little impact for either team especially since Ellis has a PER of 16 and his team is starting to drop games.

I just don't think it's a trade either team will remember much in a year or two.

Plus, you could argue the Warriors won simply for opening up the backcourt for Curry/Thompson and tanking enough without Ellis at the end of last year to get Barnes.

Ebbs
11-25-2012, 03:36 AM
I thought word was that Ellis will exercise his ETO at the end of the year, so there is very little impact for either team especially since Ellis has a PER of 16 and his team is starting to drop games.

I just don't think it's a trade either team will remember much in a year or two.

Plus, you could argue the Warriors won simply for opening up the backcourt for Curry/Thompson and tanking enough without Ellis at the end of last year to get Barnes.

I hear what you're saying. But Milwaukee is hurting in the hoops department. Their sales stink the team isn't very good, they overpaid Ilyasova big time in the off season. Ellis if he leaves it will suck. However he is making the team more entertaining for a year and a bit. Also even tonight it was evident without Jennings + Ellis on the court neither does anything. They are the only 2 people on that team who can create their own shot.

Guppyfighter
11-25-2012, 03:39 AM
I hear what you're saying. But Milwaukee is hurting in the hoops department. Their sales stink the team isn't very good, they overpaid Ilyasova big time in the off season. Ellis if he leaves it will suck. However he is making the team more entertaining for a year and a bit. Also even tonight it was evident without Jennings + Ellis on the court neither does anything. They are the only 2 people on that team who can create their own shot.

I don't see how that means the Warriors lose the trade?

topdog
11-25-2012, 03:42 AM
I don't see how that means the Warriors lose the trade?

It doesn't - it's an argument that the Bucks win. I find it fairly inconsequential overall, but it did accomplish certain things for both teams so I'd call it a tie either way win-win or lose-lose (I'm more partial to the latter).

mrblisterdundee
11-25-2012, 03:49 AM
The Bucks are winning this trade.
Monta Ellis isn't back to his top form, but he's scoring 20 and running a lot of plays. He and Brandon Jennings are a good pairing, totaling more than 14 assists and 37 points per game as a back court.
Meanwhile, Andrew Bogut has played about 30 percent of his team's season, missing nine of their 13 games so far. He's back, but who knows for how long? The Warriors are doing decent in spite of him, not with his help.

Bowman53
11-25-2012, 03:55 AM
The warriors lose their lottery pick to Utah if they don't make that trade. Bogut+Barnes> Monta+Udoh.

Guppyfighter
11-25-2012, 03:55 AM
Warriors actually have the better winning percentage.

And I think outside of a vacuum where context is involved the Warriors had a better player behind Ellis who is currently playing better and is also bigger.

Sactown
11-25-2012, 04:06 AM
Warriors, cleared time at the SG position for Klay and finally got them moving in the right direction, Ellis is good, but I can't imagine him being a serious option on a championship team.

topdog
11-25-2012, 04:07 AM

Warriors received
Bogut

Bucks received
Ellis
Udoh
Kwame Brown

Udoh makes me think of two things: 1. How bad the 2010 draft was/how many teams whiffed it (imagine Golden State with Paul George and Drummond or Monroe and Barnes :speechless:)
2. How many young PF/Cs the Bucks have accumulated over the last 3 years

MintBerryCrunch
11-25-2012, 04:13 AM
Bucks because they got Kwame

mrblisterdundee
11-25-2012, 04:14 AM
Warriors actually have the better winning percentage.

And I think outside of a vacuum where context is involved the Warriors had a better player behind Ellis who is currently playing better and is also bigger.

You're totally right. I was using Basketball-Reference, which hadn't yet recorded that the Bucks lost and the Warriors won.

Monta is beast
11-25-2012, 04:20 AM
Bad timing with the thread. Obviously the Bucks have won the trade up till now, but it seems like Bogut is coming back 100% on Saturday, so ask this question in a couple months. But still we cleared playing time for Thompson, and basically got Barnes & Ezeli out of this trade as well. And even if Bogut doesn't play like he used to, I would still have done the trade because the future is allot brighter now, then it was last season.

Guppyfighter
11-25-2012, 04:22 AM
I don't think the Bucks won the trade with Bogut not playing right now because Klay Thompson is better than Ellis.

asandhu23
11-25-2012, 04:31 AM
I don't think the Bucks won the trade with Bogut not playing right now because Klay Thompson is better than Ellis.

:laugh2: you do realize his PER is 9.23 right?

14 points 3 reb 2.3 assists. shooting 36 percent on the season.

you can say he hasn't gotten into form. Neither has Ellis.

Ellis in a bad start is shooting 20.6 points 3 reb 5.6 assists per game in only two more minutes per game. 40.6 percent FGP.

Hell Klay is supposed to be better free throw shooter atleast. Ellis is 86 percent. Klay is 76 percent.

Call him a ballhog. Ellis is averaging 19 shots a game as one of the two primary shooters on Bucks.

Klay is averaging 15 as the third shooter on the team behind Curry and Lee.

Guppyfighter
11-25-2012, 04:37 AM
PER is a flawed stat is in the fact it rewards volume shooters.

Ellis: This year and last year
PPP: 106
PPP Given Up: 108

Klay: Last year and this year for sample size
PPP Given up: 101

A net favor of seven points towards Klay.

asandhu23
11-25-2012, 04:40 AM
PER is a flawed stat is in the fact it rewards volume shooters.

Ellis: This year and last year
PPP Given Up: 108

Klay: Last year and this year for sample size
PPP Given up: 101

A net favor of seven points towards Klay.

Klay is a volume shooter. Did you forget how he was chucking up three pointers when he was clearly ice cold?

here. http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/t/thompkl01/gamelog/2013/

Guppyfighter
11-25-2012, 04:44 AM
Volume implies inefficient scoring.

Klay's career eFG percentage is .503. Ellis' is 488 eFG percentage.

Once you factor in defense and rebounding it becomes quite obvious.

Daunter
11-25-2012, 12:36 PM
Volume implies inefficient scoring.

Klay's career eFG percentage is .503. Ellis' is 488 eFG percentage.

Once you factor in defense and rebounding it becomes quite obvious.

What career? He just started playing

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-25-2012, 12:43 PM
Bogut's injuries got old fast. There all freak injuries too. If he's not injured when healthy he misses a minimum of 4 games a season with migraines. Him and Redd held the Bucks caps space hostage for way to long.

JasonJohnHorn
11-25-2012, 12:46 PM
I think we will have to wait for Bogut to return and see how much he plays before a fair assessment can be made. Let's check at the end of the year.

I agree... you gotta see what the Warriors get out of Bogut first.

tredigs
11-25-2012, 12:50 PM
Monta Ellis does not help a team win games. He is a negative in the lineup, trust me.

With Ezeli + Richard Jefferson alone the Warriors won the trade. If Bogut comes back he's the type of player that allows GS to win a playoff matchup with all the young offensive firepower they have. Plus, imo Klay Thompson will be better than Monta Ellis by about February.

Just checked Monta's adjusted +/- on the bucks so far. -1 on, +8 off. No surprise there.

Obviously silly timing on this thread though.

WhiskeyBear
11-25-2012, 01:12 PM
Is it even a question? I hated to see Bogut go, but I knew it had to be done simply because the guy so rarely sees the court to be viewed as an asset.

lol, please
11-25-2012, 01:15 PM
The warriors lose their lottery pick to Utah if they don't make that trade. Bogut+Barnes> Monta+Udoh.

This. Also, way to early, let Bogut play and and have a chance to make an impact. Then it will be a landslide. :laugh2:

SACNYY
11-25-2012, 01:41 PM
The Warriors traded Ellis. Stupid move. Hopefully Bogut can comeback healthy.

GSP
11-25-2012, 02:13 PM
Bogut shud back into his own by the 2nd half of the season, his second start date is slated for 12/1 ... so i did say give him atleast 10-12 games to be back to his normal self.. without a doubt Monta is a baller .. however the combo of curry+Monta or for that matter Monta+Jennings will provide for entertainment however will not ensure victories on a regular basis ... the reason .. lackluster defense. I am waiting for Bogut to be healthy that opens up Curry and Thompson to jack the Treys ... Ezlie is the surprise of the the rookie unit and Barnes without a doubt will be a good player .. it is time for the League to start noticing the Bay Area Warriors !!!

lincecum=future
11-25-2012, 02:23 PM
Even with Bogut sidelined I can safely say that the dubs won that trade. Monta was expendable and easily replaced with a much cheaper Klay Thompson. Not to mention we got Ezeli for s jax which reminds me of Udoh with better size. Also wouldn't have tanked enough to get Harrison Barnes, who is quickly becoming my favorite warrior. And I still think Bogut will make huge contributions to the team this year.

Chucky Woods
11-25-2012, 02:39 PM
Bucks for the sole reason of Ekpe Udoh. Great young defensive stalwart with an improving offensive game. He's one of their leaders and has the potential to be an all star paired with Larry Sanders.

Lloyd Christmas
11-25-2012, 03:11 PM
I think both teams won. At face value the Bucks won the trade but the trade aftermath got the Warriors Barnes as well.

xxplayerxx23
11-25-2012, 08:25 PM
Bucks easy, Bogut canīt stay healthy.

Tony_Starks
11-25-2012, 08:33 PM
Bucks by far. They have a great backcourt and Bogut is in breakdown mode......

BKLYNpigeon
11-25-2012, 08:48 PM
Bucks so far. I dont think Bogut will even play 40 games this season.

THE MTL
11-25-2012, 08:56 PM
The Bucks easily won this trade due to Bogut's health. His health will always be a concern while Ellis looks like he's past his health problems.

Mcdoh
11-25-2012, 09:29 PM
bucks won the trade.. but i think warriors have the better roster.

tredigs
11-25-2012, 09:39 PM
If the Bucks fans are satisfied with Ellis and Udoh (who I do miss), fantastic. Glad to hear that. Making that trade was the absolute best thing the Warriors have done in the last 15 years. And that's with Bogut out.

NoahH
11-26-2012, 04:46 PM
Warriors because Ellis hindered Curry and Thompson's development. Plus keeping Ellis probably means the Warriors don't land the 7th pick and don't get Barnes. Bogut is garbage but they can dump him soon.

Gram
11-26-2012, 05:14 PM
The Milwaukee ****s. Bucks.

Bishnoff
11-26-2012, 05:46 PM
Bucks. You might as well take Bogut's name out of the trade, he doesn't play. Ever.

This.

3RDASYSTEM
11-26-2012, 05:55 PM
You psd scientist genuises need to go back to the lab with all this winshare/PER bs when comparing and trying to justify a players actual game

it sounds really stupid when talking that **** to actual players, its like a 'tool' to cause more confusion, doesnt bring any clarity but to nonplayers

BUCKS as of right now are winning this trade but if BOGUT come back healthy(big if)
then it will be a wash or in they favor since he could be a top 3-5 C if he stay on hardwood and not in street clothes taking up unnecessary bench space

i think both players got game, not top 10 of alltime game, but i didnt need a winshare/per to figure that one out for those 2, as well as the other players

Guppyfighter
05-14-2013, 03:56 AM
I believe the Warriors won this trade.

Viewing this thread is fairly lolsy.

kobe4thewinbang
05-14-2013, 04:19 AM
I don't think any team won. Those players have yet to become consistent, or effectively reliable.

Guppyfighter
05-14-2013, 04:51 AM
I don't think any team won. Those players have yet to become consistent, or effectively reliable.

Warriors in the playoffs with Bogut on:

gsw pp100p: 110.7

opp pp100p: 99.6

gsw rdb%: 54.1

Warriors in the playoffs with Bogut off:

gsw pp100p: 104.6

opp pp100p: 112.0

gsw rdb%: 52.3

And most importantly, Ellis is gone. Someone all Bucks fans hate.

YoungOne
05-14-2013, 04:58 AM
As long as bogut stays healthy its an easy win for the warriors, probably not a given though

Procision
05-14-2013, 07:04 AM
Honestly whatever bogut gives the warriors is just a +. Really not a fan of Ellis chucking and non existent defense. Moving him allowed them to get a better draft pick and help develop Curry and Thompson.

jimm120
05-14-2013, 07:40 AM
You cans ay the Warriors won it now but still, they didn't have Bogut all season long. Bucks had Ellis and he, along with the other players, allowed them to reach the playoffs...something that might not have happened had Bogut been there injured all season. That's the defense for the Ellis side.

For the warriors, Bogut wasn't there the whole season. He's helping the the playoffs but they had to get there without him.

In the end, both teams won a certain amount.

-Bucks got Ellis so they could get to the postseason and they did.
-Warriors got Bogut for the playoffs and they ended up getting him ONLY for the playoffs lol. But he's helped them in the playoffs, so...

nycericanguy
05-14-2013, 09:06 AM
Ellis is addition by subtraction, even if Bogut never played a game GSW won that trade.

I had been saying for years that Ellis was holding Curry back. Curry is now on the verge of super stardom.

BKLYNpigeon
05-14-2013, 09:30 AM
probably the Warriors since Eliis might opt out and resign elsewhere.

RJ_56
05-14-2013, 09:31 AM
I think Ellis plays better without Jennings in the backcourt with him. If he had a real pg, he would have been alot better. Bucks fans don't hate him, we just didn't like his shot selection and percentages. Bogut is top big man in the league if healthy, but I still don't believe that he's truly healthy. Pretty equal trade IMO.

FYL_McVeezy
05-14-2013, 09:34 AM
Warriors and it's not even close....

shouldn't even be a discussion really....

benzni
05-14-2013, 09:38 AM
When this thread was created, I would have said Bucks but asking it now its the Warriors. Look where both teams are. Bogut has made an impact in the playoffs, they have a young core with the addition of Ezeli who played when others were injured, Klay made the transition to being a starter and Ellis is on his way out of Milwaukee. No brainer really.

2-ONE-5
05-14-2013, 10:48 AM
Warriors by far. Dealing Ellis was simply addition by subtraction. The Warriors are 2 games away from the WCF where are the Bucks? Bucks are gonna lose Ellis this offseason and pretty much start a new rebuild with little to no assets.

Heediot
05-14-2013, 10:48 AM
^^^

True Sports Fan
05-14-2013, 10:49 AM
I believe the Warriors won this trade.

Viewing this thread is fairly lolsy. Was thinking the same thing... Was like wtf until I realized iy was last year :laugh2: easily Warriors now

tredigs
05-14-2013, 10:49 AM
Ellis is addition by subtraction, even if Bogut never played a game GSW won that trade.

I had been saying for years that Ellis was holding Curry back. Curry is now on the verge of super stardom.

Exactly what I've always said about this trade. And with Bogut contributing excellent minutes in the post-season, we're seeing what the Warriors are capable of. If there's no Bogut, there's no 2nd round.

Chronz
05-14-2013, 10:53 AM
Bogut rules

brewboy288
05-14-2013, 11:03 AM
Well, if the Bucks keep Bogut, odds are they dont draft Sanders, and probably not even Henson, and if they do, theres no way they see the production out of the two that they have. So based on the pure fact that those two are the face of the franchise as of right now, id say the Bucks won the deal. Even deal for both sides though. Bogus is coming through for the Warriors.

OliveMyPrivates
05-14-2013, 11:06 AM
I think it's easy to see who won that trade now.

OliveMyPrivates
05-14-2013, 11:07 AM

This.

TrueFan420
05-14-2013, 11:12 AM
Well, if the Bucks keep Bogut, odds are they dont draft Sanders, and probably not even Henson, and if they do, theres no way they see the production out of the two that they have. So based on the pure fact that those two are the face of the franchise as of right now, id say the Bucks won the deal. Even deal for both sides though. Bogus is coming through for the Warriors.
And if we don't trade Ellis we don't get to draft Barnes who has played his role very well and will only get better. The warriors won this trade hands down. Bogut changes this teams d and takes it to another level. Ellis leaving opened up everything for curry to be curry and Klay got the playing time he needed to take the next step as well. Bogut can be a top 3 center when fully healthy Ellis cannot be top 3 at his position. Not to mention the fact that centers that play both sides of the ball are impossible to find in today's nba.

Guppyfighter
05-14-2013, 11:19 AM
Bucks would have drafted Sanders anyways. Always draft the BPA if you feel they are in fact that.

lol, please
05-14-2013, 11:22 AM
I love how this thread got bumped. Look at the first few pages of everyone making fun of GSW and saying they got robbed. :laugh2:

mdm692
05-14-2013, 11:35 AM
I love how this thread got bumped. Look at the first few pages of everyone making fun of GSW and saying they got robbed. :laugh2:

I will give you that lol. Bucks got swept in the 1st round and Ellis was non-existent. Warriors have a really good chance of going to the WCF and Bogut's presence has been key.

king4day
05-14-2013, 02:10 PM
I'd say Golden State but not by much. Milwaukee wasn't getting much out of Bogut and they took a chance to energize their team. They just never got better.
Warriors simply got better once Curry was able to start playing and Thompson developed.
I guess the 'addition by subtraction' argument is what's going to let GS have this one.

tredigs
05-14-2013, 02:53 PM
I'd say Golden State but not by much. Milwaukee wasn't getting much out of Bogut and they took a chance to energize their team. They just never got better.
Warriors simply got better once Curry was able to start playing and Thompson developed.
I guess the 'addition by subtraction' argument is what's going to let GS have this one.

Without Bogut and his presence in the paint there is 0 chance the Warriors are in the 2nd round with a chance at the WCF. But yes, addition by subtraction as well.

TeamSeattle
05-14-2013, 03:01 PM
Its funny how Bogut stays has been staying healthy with the Warriors at the right time, when he was ALWAYS hurt with the Bucks. Winning cures all I guess.

BKLYNpigeon
05-14-2013, 03:14 PM
Its funny how Bogut stays has been staying healthy with the Warriors at the right time, when he was ALWAYS hurt with the Bucks. Winning cures all I guess.

Bogut had 5 solid seasons with the Bucks.

justinnum1
05-14-2013, 03:19 PM
warriors and its not even close. Just ridding yourself of monta ellis is a win right there. Then you get back a top 5 center when healthy. Well done golden state.

DeyAce
05-14-2013, 03:36 PM
Bulls need Monta Ellis

sfattahian
05-14-2013, 03:42 PM

He just pulled down 18 rebounds in a playoff game vs. Tim Duncan. rarely plays is different to never plays.

Bogut helps Warriors more in playoffs than Monta would have.

Warriors win by a mile.

Kashmir13579
05-14-2013, 03:44 PM
Which team got rid of Ellis? They won.

Lake_Show2416
05-14-2013, 03:49 PM
dont forget, getting rid of Ellis allowed the Warriors to have a sub par year last year & keep their protected top 7 pick which they used to draft Harrison Barnes ....The Warriors easily won this trade

COOLbeans
05-14-2013, 03:53 PM
Getting rid of Monta equals

+ by -

Bogut has been huge. And even when he wasnt playing, the expectation of getting him back gave the team more energy and inspiration because they knew eventually they'd be getting a top 5 center whod help them during the home stretch.

amak316
05-14-2013, 04:10 PM
The bucks have lost in every trade of my lifetime. They should thank their lucky stars that Monta at least has no years left on his contract. I still cringe when I think about them trading a prime Ray Allen who loved being in Milwaukee for a washed up Gary Peyton half a season rental. Not to mention dealing Dirk for Tractor Traylor (rip)

king4day
05-14-2013, 04:18 PM
Without Bogut and his presence in the paint there is 0 chance the Warriors are in the 2nd round with a chance at the WCF. But yes, addition by subtraction as well.

I was going more by the bigger picture. Outside of this years playoffs, has he made that big of an impact? I haven't followed enough to know so maybe he has.
If we're just going by the playoffs, then it's a no brainer that it was the Warriors and the person who bumped this thread shouldn't have done so.

tredigs
05-14-2013, 04:45 PM
I was going more by the bigger picture. Outside of this years playoffs, has he made that big of an impact? I haven't followed enough to know so maybe he has.
If we're just going by the playoffs, then it's a no brainer that it was the Warriors and the person who bumped this thread shouldn't have done so.

Bigger picture, other than having the supremely necessary defensive big for the playoffs, it helped change the culture of the franchise. Klay and Curry were both given roles that they can't have with a player like Monta on the team, and they are excelling in them. They traded for him when he was out injured, which allowed the team to play with a D league roster and increase their chance of retaining a draft pick that would have gone to the Jazz (from another trade) if they did not receive the #7 or higher - which turned out to be #7 exactly and in turn received Harrison Barnes. If we had kept Ellis and won a few more games, then we are likely screwed there.

As far as on court impact, he's only played 1 season and was out much of the year. Thankfully, he's here when it matters. But yes, without that trade the Warriors don't have Barnes, Curry + Klay are both assuming lesser roles, and we are back in the lottery as a Western Conference bottom feeder.

Celticsfan2007
05-14-2013, 04:50 PM
Warriors and its not even close.

Addition by subtraction with Monta Ellis, notice how they became unexplainably better as soon as his minutes were given to other players?

Oh and how are the bucks doing? Thats right, losing again in the first round all the while having players stir up fights.

I'll take an injured bogut who only plays 30% of his teams game over an overatted chucker like Monta Ellis.

king4day
05-14-2013, 05:00 PM
Bigger picture, other than having the supremely necessary defensive big for the playoffs, it helped change the culture of the franchise. Klay and Curry were both given roles that they can't have with a player like Monta on the team, and they are excelling in them. They traded for him when he was out injured, which allowed the team to play with a D league roster and increase their chance of retaining a draft pick that would have gone to the Jazz (from another trade) if they did not receive the #7 or higher - which turned out to be #7 exactly and in turn received Harrison Barnes. If we had kept Ellis and won a few more games, then we are likely screwed there.

As far as on court impact, he's only played 1 season and was out much of the year. Thankfully, he's here when it matters. But yes, without that trade the Warriors don't have Barnes, Curry + Klay are both assuming lesser roles, and we are back in the lottery as a Western Conference bottom feeder.

Nice breakdown. In terms of the bigger picture, I never thought about the impact it had on last years pick.

lol, please
02-24-2015, 01:01 AM
Bucks with relative ease. Ellis is a plyer. Bogut is a scratch and while Festsus has been solid obviously he isn't in Ellis's realm.
Most definitely the Bucks. Without question.

Saddletramp
02-24-2015, 05:00 AM
Most definitely the Bucks. Without question.

I'll give you one thing, lol: you never cease to amaze me.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-24-2015, 09:26 AM
Bucks should of took injured Curry instead. But Bucks owner wanted playoffs so we took healthy Ellis. What a mistake that was. Think it was Curry's second time he hurt his ankle so red flags were up. But as of now with no Ellis with the Bucks. Warriors easily. But Ellis walking we had dumb luck with tons of injuries last season and got Parker. So could really go either way if you look deep into it.

crewfan13
02-24-2015, 02:19 PM
It's actually funny, because truly looking back at this point, both teams actually got what they needed to out of the deal. Bogut was never going to be much in Milwaukee. The pressure was too high on him. He was always a solid defender, but we felt like we needed to make him an offensive threat, and since he was the 1st overall pick, anything short of All-Star production wasn't going to be good enough for the fan base. We got Ellis, which allowed us to experiment with our win now, guard heavy strategy. We tried it, we clearly failed, and now are actually in a good position with a good young core and a good financial position.

GS got the big defensive guy they needed. And since Bogut didn't carry the alleged franchise saver label like Bogut sort of did for us, he was able to settle into the role for him that really fits him. Ideally, he'd be healthier more often, especially playoffs for GS, but they got what they needed.

While looking at the players, and who's still where, GS clearly won the deal, but looking at where both teams were and where they are now, I think both teams actually benefited from the deal.

lol, please
02-24-2015, 06:55 PM
It's actually funny, because truly looking back at this point, both teams actually got what they needed to out of the deal. Bogut was never going to be much in Milwaukee. The pressure was too high on him. He was always a solid defender, but we felt like we needed to make him an offensive threat, and since he was the 1st overall pick, anything short of All-Star production wasn't going to be good enough for the fan base. We got Ellis, which allowed us to experiment with our win now, guard heavy strategy. We tried it, we clearly failed, and now are actually in a good position with a good young core and a good financial position.

GS got the big defensive guy they needed. And since Bogut didn't carry the alleged franchise saver label like Bogut sort of did for us, he was able to settle into the role for him that really fits him. Ideally, he'd be healthier more often, especially playoffs for GS, but they got what they needed.

While looking at the players, and who's still where, GS clearly won the deal, but looking at where both teams were and where they are now, I think both teams actually benefited from the deal.
Good post. What's funny is that it wouldn't be a stretch to say Ellis could win a 'ship with Memphis before Curry does with SFW. I wonder how other dubs fans would feel about that little fact if it were to happen. :laugh2: from hating to see him leave, to then calling him inefficient, to then seeing him get a ring first. Would be crazy. I would cry.

KnicksorBust
02-24-2015, 07:07 PM
Good post. What's funny is that it wouldn't be a stretch to say Ellis could win a 'ship with Memphis before Curry does with SFW. I wonder how other dubs fans would feel about that little fact if it were to happen. :laugh2: from hating to see him leave, to then calling him inefficient, to then seeing him get a ring first. Would be crazy. I would cry.

Ellis winning a championship with Memphis would be pretty impressive. I'll take Bogut with the Warriors. Life-time ban?

lol, please
02-24-2015, 07:11 PM
Ellis winning a championship with Memphis would be pretty impressive. I'll take Bogut with the Warriors. Life-time ban?
You wish. I would bet my 401k before I would ever jeopardize my PSD membership, even if I was 100% certain of something. Nice try though. A for effort.

The truth is that any team can make it out of the west, it would be crazy if it happened, for monta sake.

KnicksorBust
02-24-2015, 07:14 PM
You wish. I would bet my 401k before I would ever jeopardize my PSD membership, even if I was 100% certain of something. Nice try though. A for effort.

The truth is that any team can make it out of the west, it would be crazy if it happened, for monta sake.

:laugh: my friend do you even realize what I offered?

nastynice
02-24-2015, 07:39 PM
It's actually funny, because truly looking back at this point, both teams actually got what they needed to out of the deal.

Pretty much this

Sactown
02-25-2015, 03:43 PM
Warriors easily, the trade freed up Curry to run his own team and allow himself to grow.. also allows Klay Thompson to start ..

Ellis on the warriors was a horrible player

benzni
02-25-2015, 05:45 PM
Warriors easily, the trade freed up Curry to run his own team and allow himself to grow.. also allows Klay Thompson to start ..

this

lol, please
02-25-2015, 06:11 PM

I was all about this post, til you called Ellis horrible.

Sportfan
02-25-2015, 06:50 PM

Ellis doesn't play for the Grizz....

I'd say this is a win win trade looking back. If Monta doesn't sneak the Bucks in the playoffs in 2013, they pick 11th instead of 15th and probably pass on Giannis. Both teams benefitted from this deal

lol, please
02-25-2015, 06:51 PM
^ I meant to say mavericks lol, always confuse the two, think it's cause of the similar team colors, but I was thinking dirk and not sure why I wrote grizzlies.

COOLbeans
02-26-2015, 03:58 PM
Bucks should of took injured Curry instead. But Bucks owner wanted playoffs so we took healthy Ellis. What a mistake that was. Think it was Curry's second time he hurt his ankle so red flags were up. But as of now with no Ellis with the Bucks. Warriors easily. But Ellis walking we had dumb luck with tons of injuries last season and got Parker. So could really go either way if you look deep into it.

They were never giving the Bucks Curry. Keep dreaming.

Kyben36
02-26-2015, 04:14 PM

Warriors received
Bogut

Bucks received
Ellis
Udoh
Kwame Brown

both sucked, while bogut is the best player in the trade, his injuries are unbearable, Ellis was lost after 2 seasons and didnt get the bucks anywhere, so, really ellis did nothing for the bucks,

lol, please
02-26-2015, 04:37 PM
both sucked, while bogut is the best player in the trade, his injuries are unbearable, Ellis was lost after 2 seasons and didnt get the bucks anywhere, so, really ellis did nothing for the bucks,

Bogut is definitely made of glass, if we don't flip him and acquire Davis for peanuts, this next off season would be un utter failure in my eyes period.