11-24-2012, 10:16 PM
17 minutes of the NBA Logo
http://youtu.be/OEzwR1a8KuA

bucketss
11-24-2012, 10:33 PM
sick handles!

Leftcoast_yg
11-24-2012, 11:00 PM
As I watched this footagge I can see where Mj and Kobe got there game from especially the base line pull up jumpers, the way they manipulate the defense and the pump faking. Incredible player Jerry West was.

bucketss
11-24-2012, 11:03 PM
the man dribbles with one hand only and all the defenders look like they have an extra chromosome.

Corey
11-24-2012, 11:06 PM
Perfect form on the jumper, ridiculously quick on the pullup, great handles, great floor vision.

CavaliersFTW
11-24-2012, 11:18 PM
the man dribbles with one hand only and all the defenders look like they have an extra chromosome.

whats with the hate? There's nothing wrong with West predominately dribbling with one hand. He dribbles with his left many times in the video... and he looks like he is in perfect control when he does so. As long as he can go where he wants when he wants then he can dribble however the hell he wants - and the defenders are guys like K.C. Jones, Oscar Robertson, Walt Frazier... what the hell are you talking about with that "extra chromosome" trash talk - why are you hating on Jerry West?

Chronz
11-25-2012, 02:18 AM

Yes your first post was plenty. We get what your trying to do, carry on now.

Bruno
11-25-2012, 04:50 PM
unlike the bigger SG who took from his game, it actually looks like the defender is in position to block the shot... but they never do.

you look at the footage and think, damn- he's 6'3- how is he getting these shots off so easily when the defender is bigger and right in his face. quick release, and a crazy wingspan. yea the dude was 6'3, but he had a wingspan in the 6'9 area. he was physically deceiving and very crafty.

CavaliersFTW
11-25-2012, 05:00 PM
unlike the bigger SG who took from his game, it actually looks like the defender is in position to block the shot... but they never do.

you look at the footage and think, damn- he's 6'3- how is he getting these shots off so easily when the defender is bigger and right in his face. quick release, and a crazy wingspan. yea the dude was 6'3, but he had a wingspan in the 6'9 area. he was physically deceiving and very crafty.

Here's the article from that era that states West's wingspan as 81 inches from fingertip to fingertip (6-9)
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-JJZVMka2OJU/T1QR2PgVy6I/AAAAAAAADLo/jggrQX-qaOI/s00/1966%2520-%2520quickness%2520wins%2520rebounds%2520West%2520 Wingspan.jpg

Here's a screen capture of Jerry West's maximum reach at 33 years of age (he is way above the rim, looks around 14"). As a rookie coming into the League his old NBA.com bio said he had a maximum reach 16 inches above the rim but they deleted that part of his bio recently for some reason - but based on his ability to get so close to that height at age 33 I believe it.
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-qXwwhS0YFpo/UKh6FLvmM_I/AAAAAAAAD0U/vxG93U9pOF0/s800/Jerry%2520West%2520at%252033%2520years%2520old%252 0max%2520reach.jpg

He also dunks twice in the footage - something he obviously only rarely did but it looks like he didn't like to dunk by choice rather than by ability. And finally, I should point out that although everyone refers to him as 6-3 West himself claims he actually stands just over 6-4 and he has very high-shoulders to go along with his long arms so maybe he is a bit taller than most give him credit for - look at this pic of West with Kobe Bryant:
http://tinyurl.com/7zfbqz2

Chronz
11-25-2012, 05:05 PM

Hes about Wade's height. So 6"4 by NBA terms

bucketss
11-25-2012, 05:15 PM
Yes your first post was plenty. We get what your trying to do, carry on now.

you're*

i only posted twice get off my **** for gods sake I'm sorry i offended your boyfriend:rolleyes:

Chronz
11-25-2012, 06:47 PM
you're*

i only posted twice get off my **** for gods sake I'm sorry i offended your boyfriend:rolleyes:

No need to apologize, Im not offended at all. But really now, 1 post was enough, we got the gist of your opinion. Dont take things so seriously, nobody is riding your ***. Just asking nicely to move along. If I was offended or even remotely interested in the argument I would have delved alot deeper and you know I would.

lakers4sho
11-25-2012, 07:57 PM
perfect form on the jumper, ridiculously quick on the pullup, great handles, great floor vision.

not exactly。 at least not by todays standards。 th e elbows are a little bit pointed outwards。 wrist  does not flick as much as it should。

but, it is exactly for these reasons why he was ef fective。 hes got those long arms and he doesnt g o through the entire shot motion which is why his  jumpshot was hard to defend。 and his elevation is  pretty good for a white guy。 his leg power is unde rrated。

Bruno
11-25-2012, 08:14 PM
Hes about Wade's height. So 6"4 by NBA terms

'in shoes'. i was reading something where it had heights listed in socks and in shoes separately. article said wade and e. gordon are the closest current nba players to wests height/wingspan.