PDA

View Full Version : Does Dwight Howard Resent Not Being Traded To The Nets

MetroMan
11-24-2012, 07:35 PM
Nets are obviously very good right now. La looks ruined.

Does Dwight bolt to Brooklyn if this season is a fail?

MetroMan
11-24-2012, 07:36 PM
Sorry for the title. Frkn spell check always screws me over

Ebbs
11-24-2012, 07:37 PM
This will not be received well. I'm surprised how little faith the Lakers fans have. They're still stacked. If they haven't figured things out by the all star break then yall can worry about this. Until that time though...

giants73756
11-24-2012, 07:38 PM
:laugh2:

KB-Pau-DH2012
11-24-2012, 07:38 PM
Yes

JNoel
11-24-2012, 07:40 PM
He's in it for the money, LA gives him the most in endorsements and the only team who can pay him an incredible amount of money. Hes not leaving.

Cal827
11-24-2012, 07:43 PM
In before DoMeFavors starts :dance:ing in this thread.

In all seriousness, he might, but I don't think he's leaving. I don't think the Nets can get him anyways. No way LA only accepts a Max Deal Lopez in a trade-back

Ty Fast
11-24-2012, 07:44 PM
no but i think he regrets opting in. as a heat fan i am glad to see the nets get joe johnson and not d12.

Ebbs
Dwight has enough money. He's getting a max deal. He's inked to a ludicrous Adidas deal plus everything else he's done. The dude when his career is over is capable of making a half a billion dollars. Wtf is he looking to buy that he's so worried about money for?

xxplayerxx23
Nets cant get him though, Unless LA wants Lopez+ lol

Im_in_Mia_bish
11-24-2012, 07:48 PM
howard is very overrated imo.

i think its becoming more clear...

KB-Pau-DH2012
11-24-2012, 07:49 PM
Dwight for LeBron + Bosh.

jmoney85
11-24-2012, 07:50 PM
Nets cant get him though, Unless LA wants Lopez+ lol

Don't know what's funny .... Obviously Dwight Howard is better than Lopez but I think Lopez is a better fit for dantoni than Dwight is .... And I'm happy with Lopez and the fact that I've been seeing big strides with him

KB-Pau-DH2012
11-24-2012, 07:51 PM
Dwight for Amare + Novak.

MetroMan
11-24-2012, 07:51 PM

:mad: how dare thee speak these words

Quinnsanity
11-24-2012, 07:52 PM
Question for the OP: how can Dwight end up in Brooklyn? He has no leverage unless he wants to sign the MLE. The Lakers should just call his bluff. He's not bolting to Houston or Dallas and Brooklyn, the Clippers and the Knicks are off of the table. He has nowhere to go.

DoMeFavors
11-24-2012, 07:55 PM
He could take the MLE if he wants to come here and start at PF for us. But he has to realize that Nash,Kobe,Artest will be gone in 2 years and he will be the only superstar playing without another star.

KB-Pau-DH2012
11-24-2012, 07:58 PM
He could take the MLE if he wants to come here and start at PF for us. But he has to realize that Nash,Kobe,Artest will be gone in 2 years and he will be the only superstar playing without another star.

You're telling me that with Dwight + cap space, the Lakers won't get another mega superstar?

Interesting...

Borough
11-24-2012, 07:59 PM

That's actually interesting, it would mean the Lakers don't have a future but could win in the next season or two uniting the key pieces from phoenix. It would take another + (draft picks/or somone better than Novak) though cause of Amare health.

DoMeFavors
11-24-2012, 08:00 PM
You're telling me that with Dwight + cap space, the Lakers won't get another mega superstar?

Interesting...

They could but nobody will be available the year those 3 are gone

xxplayerxx23
11-24-2012, 08:01 PM
Don't know what's funny .... Obviously Dwight Howard is better than Lopez but I think Lopez is a better fit for dantoni than Dwight is .... And I'm happy with Lopez and the fact that I've been seeing big strides with him

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: I agree with the 2nd part lol.

xxplayerxx23
11-24-2012, 08:02 PM

:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:: drool:::drool::drool::drool:

DoMeFavors
11-24-2012, 08:03 PM
Honestly I think LAL would take Brook as opposed to Dwight leaving for nothing, Lopez is having a great season...and he would fit well with that Team.

ThunderousDemon
11-24-2012, 08:04 PM
Nets are obviously very good right now. La looks ruined.

Does Dwight bolt to Brooklyn if this season is a fail?

You should have posted this in the Lakers forum, clefairy.

xxplayerxx23
11-24-2012, 08:06 PM
Lakers are still contenders, people have to calm down 10-12 games into the damn season, holy **** nash hasn't even been healthy. Dwight will not be a net I will bet anything on that. He might go to dallas or Atlanta but I doubt it

KB-Pau-DH2012
11-24-2012, 08:07 PM
They could but nobody will be available the year those 3 are gone

Rondo :drool:

Cal827
11-24-2012, 08:08 PM
Hey everybody, lets bet DoMeFavors on what's going to happen:

Dwight doesn't go to NJ: DMF is banned.
Dwight ends up in NJ: Everybody but DMF is banned.

Win-Win :D

As I said before though, its really unlikely... I also forgot, are S/T's are still allowed? Cause I know that they brought it up as a problem.

DoMeFavors
11-24-2012, 08:09 PM
Rondo :drool:

Wouldnt be a good fit, Dwight needs shooters around him they could just keep doubling Dwight and leaving Rondo open.

DoMeFavors
11-24-2012, 08:11 PM

As I said before though, its really unlikely... I also forgot, are S/T's are still allowed? Cause I know that they brought it up as a problem.

Whats your deal with wanting everyone and me banned? Dont people have the right to post on this site?

Ebbs
11-24-2012, 08:16 PM

how delusional are you?

JNoel
11-24-2012, 08:17 PM
Dwight for LeBron + Bosh.

Lmao, you gave up on him already?

KB-Pau-DH2012
11-24-2012, 08:19 PM
Wouldnt be a good fit, Dwight needs shooters around him they could just keep doubling Dwight and leaving Rondo open.

Try Rondo, Dwight + 3 shooters.

You have the best assist-man, defensive and rebounding PG in the game with the best rebounding and shot-blocking and interior defensive C in the game.

Rondo's J is inconsistent, but he can get to the cup, and Dwight can finish well around the rim. Both suck at free throw shooting, but both absolutely LOVE TO PLAY DEFENSE, and Rondo can get 15+ assists as a Laker PG.

DoMeFavors
11-24-2012, 08:23 PM

You have the best assist-man, defensive and rebounding PG in the game with the best rebounding and shot-blocking and interior defensive C in the game.

Rondo's J is inconsistent, but he can get to the cup, and Dwight can finish well around the rim. Both suck at free throw shooting, but both absolutely LOVE TO PLAY DEFENSE, and Rondo can get 15+ assists as a Laker PG.

I doubt Rondo leaves Boston to sign with the Lakers the team that beat him in the finals.

RLundi
11-24-2012, 08:24 PM

How does constantly doing this not get old to you...?

ne3xchamps
11-24-2012, 08:25 PM
This will not be received well. I'm surprised how little faith the Lakers fans have. They're still stacked. If they haven't figured things out by the all star break then yall can worry about this. Until that time though...

this.

Its way too early in the season for all this nonsense talk. The lakers could turn it around, and the nets could tank.. you never know.

ne3xchamps
11-24-2012, 08:27 PM

I wouldn't bet that if I were you. this is the lakers we are talking about here.

ne3xchamps
11-24-2012, 08:29 PM

I will go in on that bet. :laugh2:

KB-Pau-DH2012
11-24-2012, 08:30 PM
I doubt Rondo leaves Boston to sign with the Lakers the team that beat him in the finals.

Rondo and Boston management have never fully seen eye-to-eye. If he sees that he can't get through the Heat in the East, he's going to move West.

Pierce and Garnett seem like the die-hard C's that wouldn't touch a Lakers uniform, but for some reason, Rondo doesn't come off as that. I'm sure he's happy to be part of the Celtics tradition, but it's not all or nothing for him.

I could definitely see Rondo in a Lakers uniform running the show in LA after Pierce and Garnett go extinct in 2-3 yrs. (As will Kobe by that time)

KB-Pau-DH2012
11-24-2012, 08:31 PM
Why are people still calling the Nets "New Jersey" ??

It's Brooklyn people!

koberulesall
11-24-2012, 08:37 PM
no he wont take a 30 million dollar pay cut and go somewhere else, sorry to break your little internet hearts but hes a laker for the remander of his prime years....EAT THAT IDIOTS!

keetyweedy
11-24-2012, 08:46 PM
Question for the OP: how can Dwight end up in Brooklyn? He has no leverage unless he wants to sign the MLE. The Lakers should just call his bluff. He's not bolting to Houston or Dallas and Brooklyn, the Clippers and the Knicks are off of the table. He has nowhere to go.

says who? last time i checked dallas was one of the 2-3 teams he was willing to go to, and with the addition of harden Houston has become a very tempting destination....although he has his back issues it doesnt seem as if he is playing w/ the same intensity as he usually does, who is to say he isnt just using LA as just a place holder until off-season

keetyweedy
11-24-2012, 08:48 PM

Boston aint letting Rondo go unless its for Durant or LBJ

naps
11-24-2012, 09:10 PM
He'll realize he was forced to somewhere he didn't want to go and figure out a way to come back to Florida in a different uniform. He'll probably take a vet min to play for the Heat because that's how much he hates to play alongside someone who takes 25 shots a game while he takes only 7.

LAKERMANIA
11-24-2012, 09:15 PM
He'll realize he was forced to somewhere he didn't want to go and figure out a way to come back to Florida in a different uniform. He'll probably take a vet min to play for the Heat because that's how much he hates to play alongside someone who takes 25 shots a game while he takes only 7.

:confused:

Kobe's taking 18 FGA per game, Dwight's taking 11... Troll much?

KB-Pau-DH2012
11-24-2012, 09:19 PM
:confused:

Kobe's taking 18 FGA per game, Dwight's taking 11... Troll much?

An incompetent poster if we've ever seen one. Whatcha gonna do? God made such people to exist on this earth to give mankind a hard time. Such a shame. :shrug:

naps
11-24-2012, 09:22 PM
What a fail to force someone to go somewhere which is a juggernaut of misfits. Dwight should have been in BK, Dallas, or Chicago, or even NY. Instead we'll probably see the same drama all over again since this things looks like a big mess as I had previously predicted.

tnewkirk
11-24-2012, 09:23 PM
i honestly think brooklyn wouldnt trade for him now. they saw they can compete with la and brook is only gonna get better.

LAKERMANIA
11-24-2012, 09:23 PM
What a fail to force someone to go somewhere which is a juggernaut of misfits. Dwight should have been in BK, Dallas, or Chicago, or even NY. Instead we'll probably see the same drama all over again since this things looks like a big mess as I had previously predicted.

It's ok, I'll just pretend you never saw my post.

Ebbs
11-24-2012, 09:27 PM
As much as we could use him I'd much rather not have Dwight as the future of our franchise. Mayo + someone else.

naps
11-24-2012, 09:29 PM
As much as we could use him I'd much rather not have Dwight as the future of our franchise. Mayo + someone else.

I agree though. He's too spoiled already to be a franchise player but I think someone like Dirk who is a real franchise player can mentor him for a few years and teach him what the game is all about.

Ebbs
11-24-2012, 09:32 PM
I agree though. He's too spoiled already to be a franchise player but I think someone like Dirk who is a real franchise player can mentor him for a few years and teach him what the game is all about.

I think he's past the point of listening to reason. His dramatic last 2 years in Orlando made me hade him as a person. I don't want him to carry the torch.

Dirk, Duncan, and Paul Pierce are the 3 most loyal franchise players in the business. And you know what it paid off for all of them. Their fan bases love them, they all got paid, and they all got to win. There is something to be said for a true sense of loyalty in sport.

naps
11-24-2012, 09:37 PM
I think he's past the point of listening to reason. His dramatic last 2 years in Orlando made me hade him as a person. I don't want him to carry the torch.

Dirk, Duncan, and Paul Pierce are the 3 most loyal franchise players in the business. And you know what it paid off for all of them. Their fan bases love them, they all got paid, and they all got to win. There is something to be said for a true sense of loyalty in sport.

I would add Wade there as well. Never threatened Heat fans to leave and stuck through the thick and thin like anyone else on this list and finally is getting back to the contention. #TrueLoyalty

keetyweedy
11-24-2012, 09:50 PM

i trust cuban + carlisle's judgement if they feel we can improve with him im all for it, but as of right now Caveman isnt too shabby avg 14 & 7 shooting 56% fg...

ee
11-24-2012, 10:10 PM
Lakers will not lose on a trade..... If they have to deal howard, it'll be a deal that would set them up for good long term..... Lopez might be an all star this year but won't be enough to get howard....plus, i wanna see more of lopez anyways, he was supposed to break out two seasons ago along with westbrook, love and drose, injuries delayed his progress so I'm excited to see this....

JordansBulls
11-24-2012, 10:48 PM

How so? He beat Lebron with an inferior team a few years back.

JordansBulls
11-24-2012, 10:49 PM

Pierce said he was going to bolt had the Celtics not gotten anyone around him in the summer of 2007 and then Ray and KG came.

Chill_Will_24
11-25-2012, 12:07 AM
Dwight has enough money. He's getting a max deal. He's inked to a ludicrous Adidas deal plus everything else he's done. The dude when his career is over is capable of making a half a billion dollars. Wtf is he looking to buy that he's so worried about money for?

14 children and 9 ex women wanting child support

PleaseBeNice
11-25-2012, 12:09 AM
Dwight forum

Chill_Will_24
11-25-2012, 12:10 AM

Lopez moves slower than continental drift. D'Antoni would personally fly to NY and jump off the Brooklyn bridge after seeing Lopez in one practice.

7 seconds or less? It takes Lopez 8 seconds just to get up the floor.

Chill_Will_24
11-25-2012, 12:25 AM
Solid season for Brook Lopez but Dwight holds no leverage and Lakers are not a team that allows it's players to run the show. They will not be bullied into receiving Brook Lopez for Dwight freaking Howard. Will not happen.

Also there is the fact that the Nets cannot sign Howard so the Lakers would have to feel a legit threat that Dallas or Houston is going to sign him for LA to even consider trading him.

With his back issues i see no way that Howard leaves money on the table even for the promise of contending in Brooklyn.

DumDum
11-25-2012, 12:32 AM
dwight for amare + novak.

la should jump on this discount double check

DumDum
11-25-2012, 12:37 AM
How so? He beat Lebron with an inferior team a few years back.

howard had a better team lewis was the man and tirk aswell

jmoney85
11-25-2012, 02:08 AM
Lopez moves slower than continental drift. D'Antoni would personally fly to NY and jump off the Brooklyn bridge after seeing Lopez in one practice.

7 seconds or less? It takes Lopez 8 seconds just to get up the floor.

I dont know why you have some fascination with lopez being "slow".... hes not slow hes just not quick... he can run the floor for a 7 footer and hes even been blowing by defenders off pump fakes.... and to think brook doesnt fit dantoni is just foolish.. hes a much better fit than howard... dantoni is the best offensive coach in the nba and lopez is the best offensive center in the nba... its a perfect fit... but either way this argument is irrelevant because lopez will never be a laker

ldawg
11-25-2012, 06:32 AM
You all Stupid Howard aint going no where. Waste of time on what if.

DoMeFavors
11-25-2012, 07:56 AM
I dont know why you have some fascination with lopez being "slow".... hes not slow hes just not quick... he can run the floor for a 7 footer and hes even been blowing by defenders off pump fakes.... and to think brook doesnt fit dantoni is just foolish.. hes a much better fit than howard... dantoni is the best offensive coach in the nba and lopez is the best offensive center in the nba... its a perfect fit... but either way this argument is irrelevant because lopez will never be a laker

I think he was brainwashed by everyone in this forum to hate Brook Lopez. I think when Brook was scoring in the 4th against Clippers he was all mad.

Young and Stupid
11-25-2012, 08:26 AM
I think he was brainwashed by everyone in this forum to hate Brook Lopez. I think when Brook was scoring in the 4th against Clippers he was all mad.

Haven't really spent much time in the NBA forum recently -- lucky me, huh? -- but who the **** allowed you to gloss yourself as captain of the Nets' fan-base? Despite the fact that you're clearly trolling (and relishing in it), I feel like it's a bit unfair to the (few) Nets fans on PSD to have you as the poster boy (see what I did there?) for the Nets' fan-base. As one of the few Nets fans in existence, I'm embarrassed.

By the way, Lopez is a terrible fit for D'Antoni's offense. Terrible. Too slow; too much inside game; too slow of a shot release; too inconsistent of a shot. D'Antoni might even prefer Jamison to Lopez (taking contracts into consideration).

Some of you Lakers fans really surprise me. I guess I can relate to being a bit spoiled as a Yankees fan; but some of what I see here (I have to remind myself that it is PSD) is ridiculous. The Lakers still have plenty of time to figure it out. They have the best starting lineup in the league -- they'll be fine.

And Dwight will be fine going forward. He's a Laker. The Lakers always find a way to field a contender.

lpdunks8
11-25-2012, 08:40 AM
Interesting timing by the OP:

1. The Lakers just hours ago blasted one of the teams mentioned here (Dallas) with Dwight dominating on the defensive end. When he wasn't, he was the #1 hype man laughing and cheering with and for his teammates.
2. The Lakers are 14 games in and are just approaching the 17 game (Miami was 9-8 in the first season of their big signings playing together).
3. The Lakers are 4-2 in their last 6 games WITHOUT their 1st and 2nd string point guard.

blastmasta26
11-25-2012, 11:05 AM

It's not that simple at all. D'Antoni may be an offensively talented coach, but he has a system he sticks to and requires a certain type of player at positions like PG and C. Amare is probably the prototypical D'Antoni center, an athletic guy who finishes strong on pick and rolls and can shoot a quick midrange jumper. Lopez's game overall is somewhat slow, making him far from a perfect fit.

jmoney85
11-25-2012, 11:54 AM
I agree with you on amare... he is the prototype for a dantoni center... DMC probably too

Spurred1
11-25-2012, 07:36 PM
Why would he resent not being traded to the Nets? Lakers are a little inconsistent, but I think they'll figure things out. Nets are going to be better than last year, but I would say the Lakers will get further in the playoffs this year...and isn't that what's most important?

Chill_Will_24
11-25-2012, 08:06 PM
Why would he resent not being traded to the Nets? Lakers are a little inconsistent, but I think they'll figure things out. Nets are going to be better than last year, but I would say the Lakers will get further in the playoffs this year...and isn't that what's most important?

Question is... would Howard with the Nets minus Brook Lopez get further than the Lakers?

Hmmm i actually would lean more towards the Nets. They biggest issues happen to be the things Howard is elite at.

:sigh: What a missed opportunity. Howard what an idiot.

Ch0ZSeN1
11-25-2012, 08:07 PM
When the Nets are home after the first round of the playoffs and the Lakers are still playing he will forget all about it.

sammyvine
11-25-2012, 08:07 PM

This

It's a poor era for centres

If he was playing in the early 90's he would have gotten eaten alive.

I would take Shaq, Robinson, Ewing, Hakeem all over him.

I would even taken Alonzo Mourning as well.

Rndy
11-25-2012, 08:13 PM
Well given this Huge sample size Dwight has with LA they should just cut him. He sucks.

Tony_Starks
11-25-2012, 08:40 PM
PSD= where you're team is either considered ruined or crowned champions before we reach 20 games!

nickdymez
11-25-2012, 09:46 PM
Troll forum...

mjokc
11-26-2012, 08:21 AM

Sorry to be so off topic, but that is a very good and underrated movie. I'm not even a hockey fan and loved it.

Pistol_Pete
11-26-2012, 02:08 PM
You mean does Dwight resent not going to the team he wanted to go to, and that according to him, the team agreed to trade him to? Of course he does.

If he were in Brooklyn he would be the man, the center of attention, and the best center to play there, not the 3rd, 4th, or 5th best center to play in LA. And, I think that's what he wanted.

JordansBulls
11-26-2012, 02:45 PM
You mean does Dwight resent not going to the team he wanted to go to, and that according to him, the team agreed to trade him to? Of course he does.

If he were in Brooklyn he would be the man, the center of attention, and the best center to play there, not the 3rd, 4th, or 5th best center to play in LA. And, I think that's what he wanted.

He could have gotten that in Chicago especially with Rose out.

Losoway
11-26-2012, 02:47 PM
like i said before dwight isnt a good fit for the lakers they way they are using him right now he is barely getting any touches . i never seen dwight play 35 minutes and score only 7 points until the lakers.

hell the magics with dwight was playing better then the lakers.

hello brooklyn

nickdymez
11-26-2012, 03:13 PM

Oh well

WAYNEBO
11-26-2012, 03:31 PM
How does constantly doing this not get old to you...?

:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

Because ignorance has no humor.

shep33
11-26-2012, 03:38 PM
like i said before dwight isnt a good fit for the lakers they way they are using him right now he is barely getting any touches . i never seen dwight play 35 minutes and score only 7 points until the lakers.

hell the magics with dwight was playing better then the lakers.

hello brooklyn

You probably haven't been watching the Lakers play then. Dwight is clearly not 100%. He looked exhausted on our road trip. The dude just isn't there yet and he's still putting in solid numbers.

We also don't have a point guard. Imagine any team without their starting or backup pg, one of whom the offense is designed for.

KnickaBocka.44
11-26-2012, 03:39 PM
I'm shocked that DMF didn't create this thread.

WAYNEBO
11-26-2012, 03:42 PM
My 'Magic Johnson Ball' predicts the future:

1) Lakers fail to advance in the 2012 playoffs
2) Dwightmare 2.0 ensues
3) Prompting Buss Jr. to listen to his ego and S&Ts D12 + fillers for STAT + Tyson.

OK, I shook my ball again and it now says:

1) Dwight will re-up
2) Lakers trade Pau+Ron for JSmoove
3) Kobe retires due to Hep B complications.