PDA

View Full Version : Datoni taking shots at Pau Gasol.

Longhornfan1234
11-24-2012, 12:13 AM
janis carr ‏@janiscarr
D'Antoni said if these players can't keep pace, then they have to find players who can.

KEVIN DING ‏@KevinDing
Why did D'Antoni sit Pau down the stretch? "I was thinking I'd like to win this game, that's what I was thinking."

spreadeagle
11-24-2012, 12:15 AM
LOL, damn Pau always gets **** on, ppl act like the guy is a scrub

Hellcrooner
11-24-2012, 12:16 AM
has Dantoni won some rings i havent heard of yet?

As i said in the lakers forum is time to trade pau if he is so bad and the cancer and the reason of defeats ( wich is curious because he apparently was never the reason for the wins in the rings :rolleyes: )

so.

In short

Lets be bold, and get out of the crap he brings and buy him out.
He will sign a vets min deal with Miami or Oklahoma and in consecuence they will Be defeted every game.

Or trade him to Ny for Stoudamire, to chicago for Boozer, or a three way deal for J smith that gets him to Spurs.

lakers should inmediately win 5 consecutive rings, while those teams go into the lotery because of Pau.

Deal?

still1ballin
11-24-2012, 12:18 AM
MDA has no credability to be talking. He has no hardware to show for it. I may be wrong, but I don't even recall Mike Brown saying things like that, let alone for a coach that just came long to be talking like this.

xxplayerxx23
11-24-2012, 12:19 AM
Pau for Amare :drool:

Greedy22
11-24-2012, 12:19 AM
Sounds like a scapegoat, if he wanted to win he would've let the Bench and Howard play out the 4th when they were making the comeback. The minute he took Meeks and Duhon out and put in Kobe and MWP the momentum had died although MWP played well. Pau was not the only issue tonight, I'm tired of hearing all the **** he takes like he's the sole reason we are losing. It's the whole team on the defensive end that is getting killed.

Chill_Will_24
11-24-2012, 12:20 AM
TBH D'Antoni needs to figure out how to get more touches for Dwight. The man did not go there to play second fiddle to Kobe, Pau, and Metta. I mean 4 touches last game and 7 tonight last i checked.

That dude is gonna bounce this offseason to Dallas is LA does not figure it out

Hellcrooner
11-24-2012, 12:22 AM
Pau for Amare :drool:

Got my fingers crossed.

my team ( lakers) is not getting the ring this year no matter what.

So, if that trade happens at least My player, can win it for my SECOND fav team, ad teach a lesson to some people on the process.

DoMeFavors
11-24-2012, 12:24 AM
Pau for Amare makes sense, it would help Lakers and NY

JNoel
11-24-2012, 12:24 AM

As i said in the lakers forum is time to trade pau if he is so bad and the cancer and the reason of defeats ( wich is curious because he apparently was never the reason for the wins in the rings :rolleyes: )

so.

In short

He will sign a vets min deal with Miami or Oklahoma and in consecuence they will Be defeted every game.

Or trade him to Ny for Stoudamire, to chicago for Boozer, or a three way deal for J smith that gets him to Spurs.

lakers should inmediately win 5 consecutive rings, while those teams go into the lotery because of Pau.

Deal?

Lmao is he really that bad?

DoMeFavors
11-24-2012, 12:25 AM
TBH D'Antoni needs to figure out how to get more touches for Dwight. The man did not go there to play second fiddle to Kobe, Pau, and Metta. I mean 4 touches last game and 7 tonight last i checked.

In Orlando he had Rashard Lewis, Ryan Anderson, Jrich, Hedo, Jameer always a 3 point shooter. In LA he really doesnt have that

rocket
11-24-2012, 12:26 AM
:laugh:

xxplayerxx23
11-24-2012, 12:27 AM

:drool:

Longhornfan1234
11-24-2012, 12:28 AM
I butchered his name. Can a mod fix it for me?

Chill_Will_24
In Orlando he had Rashard Lewis, Ryan Anderson, Jrich, Hedo, Jameer always a 3 point shooter. In LA he really doesnt have that

Well they better trade for some 3pt shooters asap

Greedy22

I only got to watch the 2nd half tonight, but he was constantly doubled in the post and kicking out to the open man, especially in the 4th. He had plenty of touches just didn't take a lot of shots, obviously. Either way, they need to figure it out and get him taking a lot more shots. Pau needs to get down in the paint and post up as well, he's letting his post skills go to waste shooting all those 15-18 foot jumpers.

Hellcrooner
11-24-2012, 12:30 AM
Lmao is he really that bad?

According to L.A people he was the teacher for Saddam hussein and Osama bin laden, he also killed kennedy, offered the aple to eve, shot franz Ferdindad and created WWI, then proceeded to invade poland and create WWII.

That bad.

Supreme LA
11-24-2012, 12:30 AM
I wonder what Jim Buss thought was going to happen by hiring Mike D'Antoni. The guy obviously doesn't believe in scoring down low and working through our bigs so what's the point in having to talented big men if you don't use them correctly. He simply wants to spread the court and play small ball.

Jim Buss made a huge mistake by not hiring Phil and its going to cost the Lakers a championship in the end. This is exactly what I knew was going to happen after they hired D'Antoni. As the season progresses I can really see it coming down to Jim Buss letting go of his ego and hiring Phil (stupid for signing D'Antoni to a multi-year deal to begin with) or they just move Pau.

The Lakers won't be winning a title without Pau and Phil Jackson and I'm sure of that now.

Andrew32
11-24-2012, 12:31 AM
Amazing the amount of disrespect Gasol gets and how people are so quick to ignore that he is still misused in the offense.

In 2009 / 2010 when he was one of the most dominant scorers and players in the league he was banging in the post and playing alot of Center.
Now these idiot coaches are forcing him to try and be Dirk and shoot 20 foot jumpers.

Supreme LA
11-24-2012, 12:33 AM
Amazing the amount of disrespect Gasol gets and how people are so quick to ignore that he is still misused in the offense.

In 2009 / 2010 when he was one of the most dominant scorers in the league he was banging in the post and playing alot of Center.
Now these idiot coaches are forcing him to try and be Dirk.

Exactly.

At least Phil recognized Pau is best suited playing with his back to the basket and not taking 12 to 15 ft spot up shots. Jim Buss made a huge mistake.

Pau isn't to blame. Laker fans need to recognize this by now.

DoMeFavors
11-24-2012, 12:34 AM
Amare gives LA a guy that will actually be there with Dwight in 3 years when Nash, Metta, Kobe are gone. Amare gives them a guy that playing with Nash is nearly unstoppable. And gives them a more explosive guy. It doesnt seem like he fits in NY anymore so Pau would be a post presence for them. I actually think it has a good chance of happening. But NY fans and newspapers would probably call Gasol soft.

justinnum1
pau needs to be traded for a stretch 4 and a decent backup wing

Santana4Prez'08
send him to NY!

xxplayerxx23
11-24-2012, 12:37 AM
Teach tha prick a lesson, send him to the knicks!!!!!!

OaktownRaider92
Exactly.

At least Phil recognized Pau is best suited playing with his back to the basket and not taking 12 to 15 ft spot up shots. Jim Buss made a huge mistake.

I used to play basketball and ill tell you this much if Pau isnt the backup center this "twin tower" thing with him/Dwight on the floor wont work. Pau/Bynum never worked thats why at the end of LAker games Phil would go with Odom/Pau with PAU at the center. Its too obvious that Pau is not a modern day NBA PF he isnt Tim Duncan and hell never be Tim Duncan. Trading Pau for Amare may not be the answer either. I remember the PHX Amare/Shaq combo wasnt all that great. Jamison should start at the PF and the LAkers should trade Gasol for bench help.
Hill will be just fine at backup center and you can probably get a solid backup PF for Pau. Trade him now before its too late...

LoveMeOrHateMe
I wonder what Jim Buss thought was going to happen by hiring Mike D'Antoni. The guy obviously doesn't believe in scoring down low and working through our bigs so what's the point in having to talented big men if you don't use them correctly. He simply wants to spread the court and play small ball.

Jim Buss made a huge mistake by not hiring Phil and its going to cost the Lakers a championship in the end. This is exactly what I knew was going to happen after they hired D'Antoni. As the season progresses I can really see it coming down to Jim Buss letting go of his ego and hiring Phil (stupid for signing D'Antoni to a multi-year deal to begin with) or they just move Pau.

The Lakers won't be winning a title without Pau and Phil Jackson and I'm sure of that now.

12 games in and you already know they won't win a championship this year? Wait till Nash gets back the bigs will be really involved!

sep11ie
11-24-2012, 12:38 AM
1. Learn to spell a name before you start a thread.

2. I'm worried The Rockets make a trade for him.

3. Will Knick fans please stop with the Pau for STAT?

THE MTL
11-24-2012, 12:39 AM
Seriously, Amare for Pau Gasol makes too much sense. Lakers will have a different Amare! They will have the Amare that played with Steve Nash back during the Sun years. Gasol and Howard both in the post isnt working, and Amare's shot is def better than Pau's.

Knicks need Pau's post game cause right now we are dependent on Melo for that.

I just think Amare for Gasol will benefit both teams in the end.

NYKnicks4511
A Pau for Amar'e trade makes perfect sense now, as opposed to when Brown was coaching. Both make ~ 19 mil a year.

Knicks: Get a player who is two years older, but better fit for a half-court system and expires one year earlier than Stoudemire.

Lakers: Get a player who is two years younger, and fits in with the system of their coach and meshes well with Nash for the next few seasons. Downside is that he is injury-prone and expires a year later (23 mil in 2014/2015. . .)

I'll be willing to bet that Kupchak takes a gamble on this one, especially since he hired friggin' D'Antoni of all people. This trade would make LAL the '10 Suns...except ridiculously better.

EDIT: Hell, we'll even throw in J.R. Smith and his bird rights!

Mr_Jones

Lol WTF? No it wouldn't?

shep33
I love Pau, but he's been playing like **** this year. He's still a great player, but he just doesn't fit in what we're trying to do. We're so slow, the lane gets clogged, and if Pau isn't hitting the wide open 15 footer we're basically playing 4 on 5 offensively.

Just to add, I don't know of any other teams that have played basically this entire year without it's starting or backup point guards.

mrblisterdundee
11-24-2012, 12:40 AM
Is it just me, or did the Lakers recently win a championship using the triangle and a roster similar to this one? Somewhere, Phil Jackson is laughing.

xxplayerxx23
11-24-2012, 12:40 AM
1. Learn to spell a name before you start a thread.

2. I'm worried The Rockets make a trade for him.

3. Will Knick fans please stop with the Pau for STAT?

1- Pau gasol ? isn't that how you spell it
2-Who would they trade?
3- NEVER :drool:

tp13baby
11-24-2012, 12:41 AM

How does it help the Lakers? Im being completely honest. Pau is better than Amare in ever asset of the game. System? Amare playing with Nash and Mike?

Greedy22
11-24-2012, 12:42 AM
According to L.A people he was the teacher for Saddam hussein and Osama bin laden, he also killed kennedy, offered the aple to eve, shot franz Ferdindad and created WWI, then proceeded to invade poland and create WWII.

That bad.

In 2009 / 2010 when he was one of the most dominant scorers and players in the league he was banging in the post and playing alot of Center.
Now these idiot coaches are forcing him to try and be Dirk and shoot 20 foot jumpers.

Yep, he's been bad, but at the same time he's being misused. Coaching mistake.

Rashard Lewis and Ray Allen for Pau Gasol? :)

Sactown
11-24-2012, 12:42 AM
Seriously, Amare for Pau Gasol makes too much sense. Lakers will have a different Amare! They will have the Amare that played with Steve Nash back during the Sun years. Gasol and Howard both in the post isnt working, and Amare's shot is def better than Pau's.

Knicks need Pau's post game cause right now we are dependent on Melo for that.

I just think Amare for Gasol will benefit both teams in the end.

Except Amare is older slower less explosive and has worse knees from 3 years ago.. it won't be the same Amare, and the Lakers aren't that stupid to trade a legit PF/C for a garbage contract that NY has come to know as "Amare".

Greedy22
11-24-2012, 12:43 AM
Is it just me, or did the Lakers recently win a championship using the triangle and a roster similar to this one? Somewhere, Phil Jackson is laughing.

And I'm still :cry: :(

DoMeFavors
11-24-2012, 12:43 AM
Nash could make Amare back to being a superstar PG especially with the pick and roll and thats when Nash was at his best also. And Mike to lead them. Amare just hasnt had a good pg the last 2 years, that year in 2010 took so much out of him when he was putting up 30 every night. Now he doesnt fit with Melo.

justinnum1
11-24-2012, 12:44 AM

Yep, he's been bad, but at the same time he's being misused. Coaching mistake.

Rashard Lewis and Ray Allen for Pau Gasol? :)

nope. not to mention that wont work for salary cap reasons.

Sactown
11-24-2012, 12:45 AM
Nash could make Amare back to being a superstar PG especially with the pick and roll and thats when Nash was at his best also. And Mike to lead them. Amare just hasnt had a good pg the last 2 years, that year in 2010 took so much out of him when he was putting up 30 every night. Now he doesnt fit with Melo.

Neither of them are the same player, it won't be the same.. With your logic why don't the Jazz just bring back Stockton and Malone?

Amare has worse knees and Nash isn't getting younger. It would be stupid to trade a player with legit trade value for someone who has practically none. The Knicks would be lucky to get rid of Amare for anything without giving up talent or draft picks.
'

Greedy22
11-24-2012, 12:46 AM
nope. not to mention that wont work for salary cap reasons.

I know, it was a joke.

Mr. Baller
Do people really think Amare for Pau is a fair swap?

xxplayerxx23

Everyone likes to say that, but it isn't true. He has trouble fitting in with Chandler. Melo at the 4 and Amare at the 5 would work, but not on defense. Melo and amare can work but Chandler clogs the lane.

VillaMaravilla
No thank you im keeping Stat, as much as many including my fellow Knick fans like to rip Stat I wouldnt trade him for Pau, but as a Knick fan I am willing tovtrade Tyson to anyone who would be interested lol

xxplayerxx23
11-24-2012, 12:47 AM
I joke Amare for Pau but Amare wouldn't work there. Howard clogs the lane like Chandler does,he would struggle unless his 15 footer is back to first year NY.

Greedy22
11-24-2012, 12:48 AM

Just DoMeFavors.

xxplayerxx23
No thank you im keeping Stat, as much as many including my fellow Knick fans like to rip Stat I wouldnt trade him for Pau, but as a Knick fan I am willing tovtrade Tyson to anyone who would be interested lol

Pau>Amare. Um okay :pity: Trade tyson :pity:

VillaMaravilla
Everyone likes to say that, but it isn't true. He has trouble fitting in with Chandler. Melo at the 4 and Amare at the 5 would work, but not on defense. Melo and amare can work but Chandler clogs the lane.

Man ive been saying this forever glad I found someone that agrees

KB-Pau-DH2012
11-24-2012, 12:49 AM

There is a difference between TOUCHES and SHOT ATTEMPTS. And the majority of the TOUCHES that Dwight got, he got stripped and turned the ball over 5 TIMES!!!

JLynn943
11-24-2012, 12:49 AM
Somehow, Pau will end up getting traded for some set of players that is worth more than he is actually worth. Lakers are too smart to trade him for Amare as he's still worth more than that. If they could pry Ryan Anderson from the Hornets, that'd be great for them. Would give them a great shooter who already knows how to play along side Dwight and is perfect for Nash.

justinnum1
11-24-2012, 12:50 AM
tyson for joel anthony?

joel will actually give it his all every game :)

xxplayerxx23
11-24-2012, 12:50 AM
Man ive been saying this forever glad I found someone that agrees

Now I understand why you want to get rid of chandler and wouldnt trade amare for Pau Lol But defensivley they are terrible that way man, offense is :drool: But defense would be :puke:

VillaMaravilla
11-24-2012, 12:51 AM
Pau>Amare. Um okay :pity: Trade tyson :pity:

Pau is not the same anymore and yes I would trade tysob was never a fan of letting billups go over a guy who peeked in his free agency year with dallas......tyson overated

sep11ie
1- Pau gasol ? isn't that how you spell it
2-Who would they trade?
3- NEVER :drool:

1. I was talking about the Datoni.

2. Rockets have moveable pieces and cap.

3. Pretty please?

KB-Pau-DH2012

They also got swept in the 2nd round with the triangle with Phil and with similar roster. First and only time Jackson got swept in his illustrious 20 yr career, and it ended with him punching Pau Gasol in the chest.

xxplayerxx23
11-24-2012, 12:52 AM
1. I was talking about the Datoni.

2. Rockets have moveable pieces and cap.

3. Pretty please?

1- oh i see
2- Not sure they have what LA would be looking for
3- Since you were so nice about it, I will stop for today :D

VillaMaravilla
11-24-2012, 12:53 AM
Now I understand why you want to get rid of chandler and wouldnt trade amare for Pau Lol But defensivley they are terrible that way man, offense is :drool: But defense would be :puke:

Dude tyson should of never gotten dpoy last year everyone knows this and havev you seen his play this year, the guy is doing what defensively he avg how many rebounds? I rather live with stat and his offense at the 5 THEN TYSON JUST STANDING there doing nothing on either side

Chill_Will_24
11-24-2012, 12:53 AM

Overreaction.

mrblisterdundee
11-24-2012, 12:54 AM

That's what I was thinking. It's really stupid, too, because he's basically the second best international big man after Dirk Nowitzki. Maybe this is the slow, hard realization by the management that the Lakers didn't have the right roster for D'Antoni's system.

KB-Pau-DH2012
11-24-2012, 12:56 AM
Exactly.

Pau isn't to blame. Laker fans need to recognize this by now.

What happened in 2011, when Phil had to punch him in the chest.

I want you as a Laker fan to re-watch the NOLA and Dallas series from the 2011 playoffs and tell me how far away Pau was playing away from the basket while playing absolutely ZERO DEFENSE on the other end as he was getting owned in the first round by guys like Aaron Gray and Carl Landry (while David West was out for the playoffs w/ torn ACL).

xxplayerxx23
11-24-2012, 12:56 AM
Dude tyson should of never gotten dpoy last year everyone knows this and havev you seen his play this year, the guy is doing what defensively he avg how many rebounds? I rather live with stat and his offense at the 5 THEN TYSON JUST STANDING there doing nothing on either side

Tyson still boards, he has struggled this year so far but his defense is very very good, His pick and roll with the pgs are also nice. Amare lets people walk by him and doesn't box out. Tyson was a great defender last year and still is one just in a bit of a funk.

KB-Pau-DH2012
11-24-2012, 12:57 AM
This thread is about D'Antoni and Pau, and here you guys are talking about whether or not Tyson Chandler should have won DPOY. :facepalm:

Andrew32
11-24-2012, 12:58 AM
They also got swept in the 2nd round with the triangle with Phil and with similar roster. First and only time Jackson got swept in his illustrious 20 yr career, and it ended with him punching Pau Gasol in the chest.

The whole Laker team (including Kobe) played like absolute garbage against Dallas in 2011.

Pau doesn't deserve any more blame then the others do.

DoMeFavors
11-24-2012, 01:00 AM
I would do Kendrick Perkins and Kevin Martin, Thabeet for Tyson Chandler and Camby, Novak

eibbor
11-24-2012, 01:01 AM

hahahahahahaha Good one

eibbor
11-24-2012, 01:02 AM

This

xxplayerxx23
11-24-2012, 01:03 AM
I would do Kendrick Perkins and Kevin Martin, Thabeet for Tyson Chandler and Camby, Novak

LOL no thanks.

FOBolous
Gasol just go to a team where he will be appreciated (Houston)

Greedy22
The whole Laker team (including Kobe) played like absolute garbage against Dallas in 2011.

Pau doesn't deserve any more blame then the others do.

Yep :sigh:

He just played below his dominant self so it was magnified.

eibbor
A Pau for Amar'e trade makes perfect sense now, as opposed to when Brown was coaching. Both make ~ 19 mil a year.

Knicks: Get a player who is two years older, but better fit for a half-court system and expires one year earlier than Stoudemire.

Lakers: Get a player who is two years younger, and fits in with the system of their coach and meshes well with Nash for the next few seasons. Downside is that he is injury-prone and expires a year later (23 mil in 2014/2015. . .)

I'll be willing to bet that Kupchak takes a gamble on this one, especially since he hired friggin' D'Antoni of all people. This trade would make LAL the '10 Suns...except ridiculously better.

EDIT: Hell, we'll even throw in J.R. Smith and his bird rights!

Only makes sense for NY

DoMeFavors
11-24-2012, 01:04 AM
LOL no thanks.

Why? It seems like these Knicks are wanabee thugs so why not add a few?

AddiX
11-24-2012, 01:05 AM
No one throws there players under the bus like mike d Antonio. Dude disrespects his own guys like no one I've ever seen.

Im_in_Mia_bish
11-24-2012, 01:06 AM
Lol Kobe shooting 30% while the rest f the team shot 50%, and the problem isn't defense or play calling, but gasol? Lol ok.

Sactown
11-24-2012, 01:06 AM
Only makes sense for NY

He has to be kidding... Amare may be younger, but his knees are equivalent to a 70 year old mans, he's likely to be in a walker, by the time he's Pau's age :laugh2:

Im_in_Mia_bish
11-24-2012, 01:07 AM
Trade gasoft to Miami for our team dryer. Gasol will be appreciated here.

justinnum1
11-24-2012, 01:08 AM
He has to be kidding... Amare may be younger, but his knees are equivalent to a 70 year old mans, he's likely to be in a walker, by the time he's Pau's age :laugh2:

:laugh2:

KB-Pau-DH2012
Lol Kobe shooting 30% while the rest f the team shot 50%, and the problem isn't defense or play calling, but gasol? Lol ok.

Let me guess, looked at the box score, didn't watch the game.

Typical Heat fan.

eibbor
WTF is wrong with ppl thinking Gasol should be traded for Amare?

Amare is done...

Besides Pau needs shown more love. The guy is good. A team player even after being thrown under the bus over and over.

Lakers are gonna screw up and get what they asked for if they ship him out

Im_in_Mia_bish
11-24-2012, 01:11 AM
Let me guess, looked at the box score, didn't watch the game.

Typical Heat fan.

No I watched the game einstein.
But nice way of assuming and not owning up to the problem.

Typical laker fan.

KB-Pau-DH2012
11-24-2012, 01:13 AM
No I watched the game einstein.
But nice way of assuming and not owning up to the problem.

Typical laker fan.

Oh good, well then, you can tell me that not only did Kobe jack up 23 shots like a dumbass, but Pau got owned by little brother Marc, played absolutely zero defense, and Dwight DID GET THE Ball in the Post plenty of times, but he got stripped 5 TIMES!!!

The only bright spot for the Lakers was the resurgence of Antawn Jamison.
Everything else sucked like donkey balls.

Hellcrooner
11-24-2012, 01:16 AM
Gasol just go to a team where he will be appreciated (Houston)

Actually if you could Get him, and undo the SuPERmiSTAKE, sending Lin to toronto for calderons expiring.......... pau + asik + harden and , eNOUGH CAP to throw at C paul ?

Interesting.

Im_in_Mia_bish
11-24-2012, 01:16 AM
Oh good, well then, you can tell me that not only did Kobe jack up 23 shots like a dumbass, but Pau got owned by little brother Marc, played absolutely zero defense, and Dwight DID GET THE Ball in the Post plenty of times, but he got stripped 5 TIMES!!!

The only bright spot for the Lakers was the resurgence of Antawn Jamison.
Everything else sucked like donkey balls.

So you do agree that the problem was defense and play calling than?

Andrew32
11-24-2012, 01:17 AM
Played absolutely zero defense.
Why do you always say stuff like this?

Gasol's DRTG this year is 103 and he has been playing solid defense for the most part.
Do you even watch the games?

STL Don
11-24-2012, 01:17 AM
We should trade him to Utah for Millsap, Foye and Marvin Williams.

Steve Nash/Randy Foye/Steve Blake/Darius Morris
Kobe Bryant/Randy Foye/Jodie Meeks
World Peace/Marvin Williams/Devin Ebanks
Paul Millsap/Antawn Jameison/Marvin Williams
Dwight Howard/Jordan Hill/Robert Sacre

6th man - Randy Foye
7.Marvin Williams
8.Jordan Hill
9.Antawn Jameison
10.Steve Blake
11.Jodie Meeks
12.Sacre/Morris/Ebanks

shep33
11-24-2012, 01:18 AM
Amare doesn't even play basketball anymore

STL Don
11-24-2012, 01:19 AM

Yeah, if you're the OKC Thunder, of course you'd do that. Otherwise, not a chance.

KB-Pau-DH2012
11-24-2012, 01:21 AM
So you do agree that the problem was defense and play calling than?

Oh dude, it's that and some more.

There is just so much disarray in Lakerland. Nobody is freakin healthy, Pau hasn't been into it for like 2+ yrs, we don't know if D'Antoni is the right coach, our bench is inconsistent as hell, we don't have PG play right now. Everything smells like cow dung right now this this team, organization and franchise. :puke:

KB-Pau-DH2012
11-24-2012, 01:23 AM
Why do you always say stuff like this?

Gasol's DRTG this year is 103 and he has been playing solid defense for the most part.
Do you even watch the games?

This kid equates DRTG to watching games.

Im_in_Mia_bish
11-24-2012, 01:24 AM
In all honesty the perfect fit would be bosh.

LIKE A BOSH!!!

eternal slumber
11-24-2012, 01:25 AM
Actually if you could Get him, and undo the SuPERmiSTAKE, sending Lin to toronto for calderons expiring.......... pau + asik + harden and , eNOUGH CAP to throw at C paul ?

Interesting.

IF Toronto will be willing to do that trade, that would be dreamy.:drool:

Im_in_Mia_bish
11-24-2012, 01:25 AM
Oh dude, it's that and some more.

There is just so much disarray in Lakerland. Nobody is freakin healthy, Pau hasn't been into it for like 2+ yrs, we don't know if D'Antoni is the right coach, our bench is inconsistent as hell, we don't have PG play right now. Everything smells like cow dung right now this this team, organization and franchise. :puke:

Ehh it's not that bad, but they gotta get Dwight to focus on his fts.

KB-Pau-DH2012
11-24-2012, 01:26 AM

LIKE A BOSH!!!

Pau for Bosh?!??! :speechless:

Do It Mitch!

Do it Riles!

LAKERMANIA
11-24-2012, 01:27 AM
Pau for Bosh?

If the Lakers and Heat meet in the Finals, what a storyline that would be!

KB-Pau-DH2012
11-24-2012, 01:28 AM
Ehh it's not that bad, but they gotta get Dwight to focus on his fts.

To be honest, we lived through 8 yrs of this with Shaquille.

We just want Dwight to get healthy.

Honestly, I would sit him out too while Nash is out. Those 2 guys were our biggest acquisitions and we need those guys to be 100% healthy.

We're losing games anyways, and I'm sure we're going to lose more, so why not just sit Dwight in the process and have Kobe just chuck up bricks and Pau flail his vag all over every arena in America while D'Antoni eats a can of Pringles on the sideline.

Lakeshow24KB
11-24-2012, 01:29 AM
This kid equates DRTG to watching games.

Trolling hard? :dance:

NYKnicks4511
11-24-2012, 01:29 AM
Only makes sense for NY

Elaborate.

Lakers are in win-now mode. Would they throw a year away like the Heat did when they lost to Dallas? The answer is a vehement, no. Not only are their players older, but the Lakers have already committed to a system, which has been PROVEN to work with Amar'e and Nash and D'Antoni. With Dwight in the middle to cover for Amar'es plethora of blown defensive assignments, this trade makes a bit more sense for LAL.

Sure Pau can step out to the three point stripe, but how long do you think the Lakers will compromise what could be if they had a proper system player in Stoudemire? D'Antoni is already running Pau out of town.

Amar'e is younger, but expires one year after Pau's contract does.
Pau is two years older, but expires one year before Amare's contract does.
Their contracts are equal this year, so a straight up deal could be done. The Lakers get a Nash-D'Antoni system player, the Knicks get a half court player. Both players fulfill needs. Only downside for LAL is Amar'es knees, but I think Kupchak is willing to take the risk in the end.

ACanadian
11-24-2012, 01:44 AM
Calderon + Barganani for Pau and fillers

ThunderousDemon
11-24-2012, 01:45 AM
Start Jamison at the 4 and pau will come off the bench with Hill, perfect.

SirSkyHook
11-24-2012, 01:59 AM

LIKE A BOSH!!!

Honestly if that happened you can start making Laker rings now lol.I love Pau's game and still think he has alot in the tank if used correctly........ but over the last two in a half years you can tell he has no desired to play with the Lakers. Every year he has declined mentally and body will go as far as your will takes it. The point is he's unhappy, and a unhappy Pau is lazy on the court ( Like Howard), but he calls himself proffessional.

I believe Pau can be like Kobe and adjust his game to any offence. I just think he dosent want to. So far in the last two and a half season's the Lakers ave had 4 coach's and five different offensive styles of play and none of that motivated Pau to play. As much as I would hate to see him go he has been a cancer with his downer additude, his lack of aggression ( not going out there banging but running hard to his spot and kicking it out more than he attacks is what Im talking about), and his constant excusses!

I love me some Pau and hope he turns it around, but his play this summer showed what he has left in the tank if he uses it and its hard as a Lakers fan not to feel disrespected.

AddiX
11-24-2012, 02:05 AM
Don't worry, Raja Bell will fix this....

Sactown
11-24-2012, 02:10 AM
Elaborate.

Lakers are in win-now mode. Would they throw a year away like the Heat did when they lost to Dallas? The answer is a vehement, no. Not only are their players older, but the Lakers have already committed to a system, which has been PROVEN to work with Amar'e and Nash and D'Antoni. With Dwight in the middle to cover for Amar'es plethora of blown defensive assignments, this trade makes a bit more sense for LAL.

Sure Pau can step out to the three point stripe, but how long do you think the Lakers will compromise what could be if they had a proper system player in Stoudemire? D'Antoni is already running Pau out of town.

Their contracts are equal this year, so a straight up deal could be done. The Lakers get a Nash-D'Antoni system player, the Knicks get a half court player. Both players fulfill needs. Only downside for LAL is Amar'es knees, but I think Kupchak is willing to take the risk in the end.

Nash and Amare aren't the same as they were 3 years ago, they're both in their twilight years. Amare's injury isn't something that he can just jump back from, Knees are almost always career ending. Look at B-Roy and now Bynum.. Even if Amare returns to the court 100% he's likely to have a lapse in his knee again and be injured or be forced to retire.. he might be younger, but his body is in far worse shape than Pau's. Plus Pau has MUCH more trade value than Amare.. who is practically useless.. I wouldn't try to replicate a formula that couldn't win 3 years ago when those players are easily both past their primes.. this trade just helps NY get out of a bad contract and gives the Lakers a player they can add to the IR list.

LAKERS4LIFE!!
11-24-2012, 02:17 AM
Elaborate.

I'm sorry but you must be absolutely crazy if you think Mitch does that trade.

More-Than-Most
11-24-2012, 02:25 AM
Elaborate.

There is 0 reason or upside for the lakers to do this deal. Honestly it would be one of the dumbest trades ever when you factor in that Amare contract and those Knees and how he plays 0 defense. It is a flat out horrid trade.

Gagan136
11-24-2012, 02:26 AM
Lol Knick fans really want Pau.

Lakers4life08
11-24-2012, 02:28 AM
Love how scrub coach like D'Antoni thinks he is world class coach......the worst thing that lakers won't fire him,becouse they allready paying Mike Brown big money

Max.This
11-24-2012, 02:31 AM
I'm sorry but you must be absolutely crazy if you think Mitch does that trade.

If Gilbert Arenas can be traded, Amare can. Not saying you guys would benefit but there have been crazier things that have happened

LAKERS4LIFE!!
11-24-2012, 02:35 AM
If Gilbert Arenas can be traded, Amare can. Not saying you guys would benefit but there have been crazier things that have happened

Yes crazier things have happened like Arenas being traded but its not like Mitch traded for him. I said "you must be crazy if you think MITCH does that trade."

Tony_Starks
11-24-2012, 02:57 AM
Misleading title. I saw the entire interview and the first statement was a general comment about the whole team, Gasols name wasn't mentioned. The second comment was in reference to Hill not playing much, not Gasol.

They kept trying to bait him with Gasol questions and get him to speculate why he's struggling but to his credit he basically kept saying "I don't know, you'd have to ask him."

MetroMan
11-24-2012, 03:05 AM
Gone

Punk
11-24-2012, 03:07 AM
Gasol's response: "....all of my shots were jumpshots, I want more shots around the basket and not no pick and rolls either....."

LOL The drama continues.

Punk
11-24-2012, 03:10 AM
Quotes from MDA on Pau:
Q: Do you think he's got the conditioning right now to play at the tempo you want him to?
MDA: It could be questionable, I don't know, you'll have to ask him, but he'll be rested for tomorrow that's for sure

lakers4sho
11-24-2012, 03:11 AM
┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌╪▓▓████████████▓▓████▓┌┌┌┌█████
┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌▒▒▒███████████▓╪▓███▓┌┌┌┌┌█████
┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌▒▓╪▓██████████▒┌┌███▓┌┌┌┌┌┌█████
┌┌┌┌┌┌┌╪▓▓▒▓▓███████▓┌┌┌▓██▓┌┌┌┌┌┌┌█████
┌┌┌┌┌┌┌▒▓╪▓▓█▓█████▓┌┌┌▒██▓┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌█████
┌┌┌┌┌┌┌▓▓╪▓█▓████▓╪┌┌┌┌██▓┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌█████
┌┌┌┌┌┌▒▓▒▓█▓▓█▓▓▓┌┌┌┌┌▓█▓┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌╪█████
┌┌┌┌┌┌▓▓▒███▓▒┌▒▓┌┌┌┌▒█▓┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌╪█████
┌┌┌┌┌╪▓▓▓█████▓┌▓▓┌┌╪█▓┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌▒█████
┌┌┌┌┌▓█▓████▓██▓╪▒┌┌█▓┌┌┌┌╪╪╪┌┌┌┌┌▓█████
┌┌┌┌┌▓█▓█▓▓▓▒███▓╪╪▓▒┌┌┌▒▓▓▓███▓┌┌▓██▓██
┌┌┌┌┌▓███▓▒▒▒███╪┌▒╪┌┌┌┌┌╪╪╪╪▒▓██▓▓█████
┌┌┌┌▒████┌┌╪▒███┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌▒▓█████
┌┌┌┌▓███▓┌┌┌┌▓██┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌▓█████
┌┌┌┌▓███▓┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌╪▓███▓╪┌┌┌▓█████
┌┌┌╪████▓┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌▓██████▒┌╪▓█████
┌┌┌▒████▒┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌╪█▓┌▒████▒╪▒█████
┌┌┌▓████╪┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌╪▒┌┌▒█████▓╪▓████
┌┌┌▓████┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌▓██████▒▓████
┌┌╪█████┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌╪█████▓╪█████
┌┌▓█████┌┌┌▒▒┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌╪▓▓▓┌┌┌█████
┌┌▓█████┌┌┌▓█┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌▒█████
┌┌▓█████┌┌┌╪█▒▒┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌██████
┌╪██████┌┌┌┌┌╪▒┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌╪██████
┌▒██████┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌▓██████
┌▓▓█▓███▒┌┌▒▓┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌╪███████
╪▓██▒███▓┌┌▒█▓▒┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌▓███████
▒▓█▓┌████┌┌┌┌▓▓█▓┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌▓████████
▒▓█▒┌▓███▒┌┌┌╪▒▓██┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌╪█████████
▒▓█┌┌████▓┌┌┌█▒┌┌▒┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌██████████
▓▓▓┌┌█████┌┌┌┌╪┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌╪██████████▓
▓▓╪┌┌▓████▒┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌▒███████████▓
█▓┌┌┌▓████▓┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌▓███████████▓▓
█╪┌┌┌▓█████┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌▒▓███████████▓▓█
▒┌┌┌┌▓█████▒┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌▒▓████████████████
╪┌┌┌┌▓██████▒┌┌┌┌╪┌╪▓███████████████████
╪┌┌┌▒▓██████████████████████████████████
┌┌┌┌▓███████████████████████████████████
┌┌┌▒███▓███████▓▒▒▓▓████████████████████
┌┌┌▓███▓███▓▒┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌▒▓█████████████████

......................................__.......... ......................................
.............................,-~*`»lllllll`*~,................................... .......
.......................,-~*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll»`*-,....................................
..................,-~*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll*-,..................................
...............,-*lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll lllll.\.......................... .......
.............;*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll,-~*~-,llllllllllllllllllll\............................ ....
..............\lllllllllllllllllllllllllll/.........\;;;;llllllllllll,-`~-,......................... ..
...............\lllllllllllllllllllll,-*...........`~-~-,...(.(»`*,`,..........................
................\llllllllllll,-~*.....................)_-\..*`*;..)..........................
.................\,-*`»,*`)............,-~*`~................/.....................
..................|/.../.../~,......-~*,-~*`;................/.\..................
................./.../.../.../..,-,..*~,.`*~*................*...\.................
................|.../.../.../.*`...\...........................)....)»`~,...... ............
................|./.../..../.......)......,.)`*~-,............/....|..)...`~-,.............
..............././.../...,*`-,.....`-,...*`....,---......\..../...../..|.........»```*~-,,,,
...............(..........)`*~-,....`*`.,-~*.,-*......|.../..../.../............\........
................*-,.......`*-,...`~,..``.,,,-*..........|.,*...,*...|..............\........
...................*,.........`-,...)-,..............,-*`...,-*....(`-,............\.......
......................f`-,.........`-,/...*-,___,,-~*....,-*......|...`-,..........\........

AddiX
11-24-2012, 03:13 AM
The problem w mike d is he has 0 ability to change his mnd or change his system, we all saw it in ny.

Once he decides he doesn't like a player, that's it, he will bench them, disrespect them, and complain until there traded.

Gasol is good as gone.

MetroMan
11-24-2012, 03:20 AM
Pau sucks

Munkeysuit
11-24-2012, 03:23 AM
Dropping some honesty for y'all, when Kobe puts up this much shots per game, they lose, it's been this way through his entire career. With Shaq he won 3 straight, simply because the offense was more balanced, as soon as Shaq left, it took 6 years for Kobe to win another title...and that is exactly the time Pau Gasol was acquired...what does this say about Kobe? He's a ball hog! respectively so, since he is the best scorer on the court, but he needs to become a play maker in the absence of Nash.
The Lakers will be fine when Nash get's back, but their success will depend on whether or not Nash defers to Kobe all the time and runs more plays for him rather than Dwight. I say trade Pau for some athletes and feature Dwight more on the low post, the guy has not been getting off to good starts in the last few games.

eibbor
11-24-2012, 03:24 AM
Elaborate.

Nothing you just said matters at all... Amare is done... Period.

SMH!
11-24-2012, 03:30 AM

so.

In short

Deal?

oh no he insulted a international player, how could he?? :cry::cry:

Im_in_Mia_bish
11-24-2012, 03:33 AM
if gasol wants to get the ball in the post, howard will get even less touches, cos it will be crowded. :confused:

they seriously need a player like KG or Bosh.
fits well with them.

el hidalgo
11-24-2012, 04:25 AM
its pretty hard for gasol to play defense when the lakers have no good defenders at PG and SG. he has to cover for those mistakes. gasol is the lakers scape goat. dude is arguably the MVP of the 2010 playoffs and he gets no respect.

vangrumpy
11-24-2012, 04:28 AM
Why didn't they hire Phil again? Maybe the Jim Buss hates Phil rumors were true.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
11-24-2012, 04:32 AM
LMFAO at Knicks fans

Amare is garbage and Kupchak is not a dumbass to trade for the worst contract in the NBA.

LakersIn5
11-24-2012, 04:37 AM
please nash! just come back! :(

TheNumber37
11-24-2012, 04:41 AM
If he wants Stoudemire, the Knicks are listening.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
11-24-2012, 04:44 AM

Only knicks fans:laugh2:

Supa
11-24-2012, 04:52 AM
No need to do anything until they have a lengthy run when Nash comes back.

---

rocketfuel
11-24-2012, 04:54 AM
Oh man. Those Laker girls are so gorgeous.

GiantsSwaGG
11-24-2012, 04:54 AM
I feel sorry for laker fans. Enjoy Dantoni :laugh2:

LAKERMANIA
11-24-2012, 05:02 AM

I'll just save my laughter for when Stoudemire comes back..

GiantsSwaGG
11-24-2012, 05:07 AM
I'll just save my laughter for when Stoudemire comes back..

Or when he pisses Howard and Kobe off :laugh: good luck.

Losoway
11-24-2012, 05:13 AM
to be honest. Pau is playing terrible this year smh laker fans overrate him so much

dwight is getting LESS TOUCHES THEN METTA. he is basically leaving this offseason

-Kobe24-TJ19-
11-24-2012, 05:15 AM

enjoy Amare and his old man knees

GiantsSwaGG
11-24-2012, 05:16 AM
enjoy Amare and his old man knees

We will cause once his knees blows, he's out of the line up (positive)

Dantoni is the lakers coach for 3 years (negative) :laugh2:

-Kobe24-TJ19-
11-24-2012, 05:23 AM
Dantoni is the lakers coach for 3 years (negative) :laugh2:

Lol Lakers have played with D'Antony only couple games and even Steve Nash aint back yet. It doesnt matter that Melo and pringles man didnt fit. Kobe is a much smarter basketball player than melo and i'm sure everything will smooth out as usual.

Because we are the Lakers:)

GiantsSwaGG
11-24-2012, 05:27 AM
Lol Lakers have played with D'Antony only couple games and even Steve Nash aint back yet. It doesnt matter that Melo and pringles man didnt fit. Kobe is a much smarter basketball player than melo and i'm sure everything will smooth out as usual.

:) Nash won't be healthly all season, Howard doesn't fit the system and you lack shooters. And as you can see Pringle likes to ruffle feathers. And if Kobe was so smart, why didn't he make it work with Brown? Lebron did it.

Dantoni is a horrible coach who only cares about scoring. Enjoy Howard by seasons ends will be pissed off and won't be a laker. Melo might not be smart, but funny how he's doing great with Woody, but bad with Dantoni.... But that's Melo's fault.

basketfan4life
11-24-2012, 05:36 AM
People don't talk if you didn't watch the game.

Pau was just absolutely horrible yesterday. almost everytime he was wide open in the midrange he passed the ball, because he shot a couple of ill advised shots at the beginning, Randolph toyed with him even he was smiling while toying with him. He was throwing ball to people's head or 2nd row seeds as a pass, he was going to Dwight's man on defense while Dwight was already on him so Pau's man scored open layups. Yesteday he had no business playing in the 4th.

_Supreme_
11-24-2012, 05:55 AM

Don't touch Pau or Da Croon will be comin' to get ya!

But seriously, shot are being taken already?

If Dwight has anohter few of the games he has been having recently that is another diva problem waiting to happen.

The1_Who_knocks
11-24-2012, 06:20 AM
Josh smith!

Raidaz4Life
11-24-2012, 08:03 AM

This, hell I would take just good bench pieces and play Jamison at the 4. I keep hoping for a Pau for AK trade.

JayW_1023
11-24-2012, 08:45 AM

This. Pau is one of the few guys who can maximize Dwights effectiveness in the half court.

He gets too much hate.

rockbottom2010
11-24-2012, 09:08 AM
see ya later d12...

metsbulls1025
11-24-2012, 09:11 AM
I want the Bulls to trade for him, but the only way it works is Gasol for Boozer and Hamilton. I could see them maybe wanting Rip if he was in his contract year with 5 million dollars, but he has another year after this.

Knicks21
11-24-2012, 09:32 AM

prove it, im not saying he isnt, but what evidence do you have to back that up?

LakersIn5
11-24-2012, 09:34 AM
This. Pau is one of the few guys who can maximize Dwights effectiveness in the half court.

He gets too much hate.

well he hasnt done that this season

JasonJohnHorn
11-24-2012, 09:45 AM
'antoni is a tool...
I can't believe he's ripping on a future HOFer like this. So he's had a couple of bad games. 'antoni is a tool. He doesn't know how lucky he is to have a player like Pau on his team, and after three games he's going to the media and publically ripping a player who has contributed so much to the Lakers organization? I'd fire 'antoni on the spot for that. Get Jerry Sloan in here already.

I can just see it now, 'antoni forced LAL to trade Gasol for Amare :facepalm:

ewing
11-24-2012, 09:57 AM

He speaks fluent Italian.

GiantsSwaGG
11-24-2012, 10:04 AM

He will provide stats and medical record, and school grades to back up his statement!

JordansBulls
11-24-2012, 10:08 AM
Pau for Amare or Pau for Boozer/pick

ewing
11-24-2012, 10:11 AM
He was wising off to the reporter. That's the way Mike is. If he thought Gasol would have given them the best chance to win that night he would have been in. He never even said anything about Pau

metsbulls1025
11-24-2012, 10:15 AM
Pau for Amare or Pau for Boozer/pick

The money doesn't work. The only way it works for us is Boozer and Hamilton.

1. Don't think they want Boozer

2. Having to take 2 years of Hamilton is a killer

DanG
11-24-2012, 10:21 AM
Pau+Blake for M.Thornton+Hayes+Thompson

Im_in_Mia_bish
11-24-2012, 10:25 AM

why would any team trade for a 31 year old pf and give up two young studs?

Captain Moroni
11-24-2012, 10:54 AM

This is probably the first of your posts that actually makes sense. Nice job

Hellcrooner
11-24-2012, 11:13 AM
A good trade that solves many things for the Lakers.

We need a Strech 4, better if it fits Dantoni System.
We need a better SF back up, and one that can shoot.
We ned some youngster.
We could use some pick cause we dont have any in the near future.
We could use someone that expires next year to go down the luxury.

WE NEEED to get contracts that DO NOT RUN for more than 2 years, to have the capspace in 2014.

Ideal Candidate trade partner.

SPURS

Stephen Jackson : He is a 10 million expiring, that can back upmetta and is a good shooer
Boris Diaw: 2 years, he is a Dantoni type of Power forward.
Splitter ( or Blair): Fits dantoni system and is young , good to back up Dwight.
a pick: that we need.

Problem solved.

LakersIn5
11-24-2012, 11:16 AM
pau for dirk. i can dream.

justinnum1
11-24-2012, 11:30 AM
bench pau....that will help gasols confidence.

D-Leethal
11-24-2012, 11:48 AM
Since when do coaches win titles with about 10 seasons under their belt?

The whole 'Mike D has no rings' **** is such a joke. There are like 5 coaches in this league who own a ring.

Laker fans had a huge hardon for Jerry Sloan and he couldn't get a title with like 30 years of coaching under his belt.

rockbottom2010
11-24-2012, 11:53 AM

are you on drugs?

Anji
11-24-2012, 12:00 PM
Novack and Amare for Pau and Blake

That would make MDA happy and the Lakers 2k13 team would be stacked!!!!!

ldawg
11-24-2012, 12:14 PM
Pau is the new Melo i wonder who is the new Lin? Look Mike Pau is not the problem. Your System do not match your players. They are not high school kids to say just run up the court in 7sec. You need to alter your system to work with the strength of your players. Ken Berger: D'Antoni: "I hate when guys say, 'I didn't get my touches.' That doesn't make any sense. Everybody gets touches. The ball should go around." Twitter @KBergCBS, This sums up Mikes thinking. No wonder Howard dont see the ball and they have no inside game. Its all jumpers at the moment. Sorry Pau someone has to be the fall guy for the coaches short coming.

SwatTeam
11-24-2012, 12:27 PM
Knicks fans need to stop with the Amare for Pau trades. IF Amare were healthy it would be a decent swap but the dude can't stay on the court. How many surgeries has Amare had on his knee? You know that most important body part when it comes to playing basketball in a night-in night-out basis are the knees right? Dude had microfracture on the same knee he just had surgery on for a bone cyst. As a physician, I can tell you a bone cyst of any variety means that the dude's knees are probably becoming arthritic. That means his cartilage is wearing down in his knee joint - which means lots of pain just running up and down a court. Now, I don't know his entire history but based on what I've read he's in trouble.

The Lakers just trade-raped the magic for Dwight. Why would they trade-rape themselves for Amare at this point?

BOLD Prediction: Amare Stoudemire won't be in the league after 2-3 years. His knees are shot.

Anji
11-24-2012, 12:46 PM
^^^ Breathe in dude, every Amare trade mention is in desperation which is why any deal is more about some team and player a at odds than Amare.

Knicks fans know the deal already, you just need to read between the lines better.

NYtilIdie
11-24-2012, 12:55 PM
Thank god I don't have to deal with this piece of s**t anymore. Looks like he found his LA scapegoat.

knicks=love
11-24-2012, 01:02 PM
This, hell I would take just good bench pieces and play Jamison at the 4. I keep hoping for a Pau for AK trade.

there's no room for him to start in minnesota..

STAT1
11-24-2012, 01:19 PM
I think Pau for Josh Smith/Korver is the best deal.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
11-24-2012, 01:27 PM

I dont even have to post stats or something like that.

But everyone who has keepen eye on the NBA the last decade knows who is a smarter basketball player.

nickdymez
11-24-2012, 01:28 PM
Pau isnt doing anything for the Lakers right now. If you dont see that then your blind. Kobe shot us into the game, then right back out last night. He's been doing that the last couple nights because Howard and Gasol have been playing subpar. Metta, Jamison, And Meeks have been picking up the slack. Second best player on the team right now is Metta. That shouldn't be the case at all..

Pau plays so weak on defense its sad to watch. Cousins was just taking him off the dribble like it was nothing.. smh

SlimKid
11-24-2012, 02:05 PM
So Pau is the scapegoat again?? Nice.. Coaches like Doc, Thibs, Pop, & Adelman would salivate having Pau on their roster (minus the contract obviously). To claim Pau is declining or playing like crap completely ignores how he's been misused.

xxplayerxx23
11-24-2012, 02:11 PM
:laugh: I love it, put all the blame on Pau :pity:

DeyAce
11-24-2012, 02:13 PM
deng for pau

SACNYY
11-24-2012, 02:36 PM
Dantoni is an idiot. Did anyone else watch the premiere of Jim Rome's new show? Kobe was his first guest, he basically said Phil Jackson was who he wanted and the Dantoni hiring "caught him off guard"

dee279
11-24-2012, 02:44 PM
Trade gasoft to Miami for our team dryer. Gasol will be appreciated here.

Throw in the Washer too.

MetroMan
11-24-2012, 02:46 PM
Throw in the Washer too.

A box of twinkies or no dice

Patrick Ewing33
11-24-2012, 02:48 PM
Pau and Metta for Amar'e, Brewer, Copeland, Novak and Prigi

Blitzace137
11-24-2012, 02:53 PM
Pau for Amare get it done

Blitzace137
11-24-2012, 02:54 PM
Pau and Metta for Amar'e, Brewer, Copeland, Novak and Prigi

No keep Novak and Brewer we don't need Metta

Im_in_Mia_bish
11-24-2012, 03:04 PM
Throw in the Washer too.

ooo thats a deal breaker!!

Teeboy1487
11-24-2012, 03:05 PM
This is why I was skeptical about M D'antoni's system fitting with this team. I know Pau sucks and he have played subpar for 2 years. My problem is the lack of touches Howard is getting. Phil should have been the hire. The triangle is tailor made for a guy like Dwight and Pau. Mike D does not believe in post ups. He thinks they are low percentage shots and 3s are better percentage shot.

That is a losing formula even with Nash back. You win games getting easy shots and playing Defense which Mike D'Antoni is weak with both. Like I said before, the Lakers don't have the personnel for Dantoni's system. We have little to no 3 pt shooters, no speed outside of Dwight , and no PG after Nash.

We are banking on a 39 year old PG yet we are going away from the best player on the team in Dwight Howard. This is why I wanted Phil. I will wait to pass judgment on Mike D and Jim Buss since Nash is hurt.

Im_in_Mia_bish
11-24-2012, 03:06 PM
I think Pau for Josh Smith/Korver is the best deal.

could you imagine how many bricks josh smith would build, if he goes to LA. lol teams would just give him room so he can display his "mid range game." lol

justinnum1
11-24-2012, 03:40 PM
That gasoft-Howard front court isn't working out to well

tredigs
11-24-2012, 04:24 PM

so.

In short

Deal?

None of Pau's monumental struggles are his fault, correct?

Hellcrooner
11-24-2012, 04:28 PM
None of Pau's monumental struggles are his fault, correct?

Some of them.

But he is not responsible for all Lakers struggles like he gets accused of.

Id say he has a 10% of the fault of that, in comparison to "laker" fans that say its 99% on him.

bucketss
11-24-2012, 04:29 PM
question to laker fans what happened to pau?? he was among the elite pfs not so long ago. does he just need a change of scenery? because he was playing pretty well in team usa.

KB-Pau-DH2012
11-24-2012, 04:30 PM
Some of them.

But he is not responsible for all Lakers struggles like he gets accused of.

Id say he has a 10% of the fault of that, in comparison to "laker" fans that say its 99% on him.

We never said 99%. Stop over exaggerating Crooner.

Hellcrooner
11-24-2012, 04:32 PM
We never said 99%. Stop over exaggerating Crooner.

Check lakers forum

tehres liek 5 Pau sucks threads.

There are 0 threads bout Dwights back to back single digits at scoring and rebounding games.

KB-Pau-DH2012
11-24-2012, 04:33 PM
Check lakers forum

There are 0 threads bout Dwights back to back single digits at scoring and rebounding games.

Dwight has back issues.

What's Pau's excuse?

iam brett favre
11-24-2012, 04:35 PM
I reallllly hope the Lakers trade him. Then they make the playoffs. Then they face whatever team they give Pau to. And he absolutely rapes them.

LAKERMANIA
11-24-2012, 04:37 PM
Pau just doesn't fit this system.. Regardless of whether he isn't the player he used to be or if he isn't being used properly, we need a player who fits the system and as of now, Pau isn't it.

Hellcrooner
11-24-2012, 04:39 PM
I reallllly hope the Lakers trade him. Then they make the playoffs. Then they face whatever team they give Pau to. And he absolutely rapes them.

they will make sure not to trade him to a situation in wich that scenary is posible.

They ll get him to houston, or toronto, or milwaukee or g.s to make sure of it.

tredigs
11-24-2012, 04:39 PM
Check lakers forum

Well, Dwight's a monster who's averaging 18/11 on 60% with 3 blocks a game despite injury. Pau, to our knowledge, is fully healthy and averaging a paltry 13 and 9 on 42.8% from the field. He's an absolute wreck and just does not look good.

Kobe's ballin, Artest is playing well, Dwight's solid. The very clear weak link in the starting lineup outside of point has been Pau. Supplement that with one of the uglier benches I have ever seen and it's a recipe for disaster. Pau is right to receive massive criticism as he is a borderline superstar (minus all the charisma/appeal of a superstar) playing like a scared/struggling 2nd year pro with upside.

Chill_Will_24
11-24-2012, 04:44 PM
question to laker fans what happened to pau?? he was among the elite pfs not so long ago. does he just need a change of scenery? because he was playing pretty well in team usa.

Damn so Gasol betrayed Spain and joined USA? What a traitor.

Hellcrooner
11-24-2012, 04:44 PM
Well, Dwight's a monster who's averaging 18/11 on 60% with 3 blocks a game despite injury. Pau, to our knowledge, is fully healthy and averaging a paltry 13 and 9 on 42.8% from the field. He's an absolute wreck and just does not look good.

Kobe's ballin, Artest is playing well, Dwight's solid. The very clear weak link in the starting lineup outside of point has been Pau. Supplement that with one of the uglier benches I have ever seen and it's a recipe for disaster. Pau is right to receive massive criticism as he is a borderline superstar (minus all the charisma/appeal of a superstar) playing like a scared/struggling 2nd year pro with upside.

You should stop hating.

I can see G.S being one of the most interesting trade partners for lakers.

David Lee + ........

iam brett favre
11-24-2012, 04:45 PM
they will make sure not to trade him to a situation in wich that scenary is posible.

Depending on what they have to give up..Houston could be a playoff team with Pau.

KB-Pau-DH2012
11-24-2012, 04:45 PM

llullz u mad brah?

Bruno
11-24-2012, 04:46 PM
he shouldn't be moved until we see what the team looks like with Nash for at least 20 or so games.

JNoel
11-24-2012, 04:46 PM
Ken Burger

D'Antoni: I hate when guys (Gasol) say, 'I didn't get my touches'. That doesn't make any sense. Everybody gets touches. The ball should go around.

Lmao

Chill_Will_24
11-24-2012, 04:47 PM
Dwight has back issues.

What's Pau's excuse?

Herniated disks do not go away so how long will that be an excuse? When it comes to the disks, it is a recurring issue especially for an athlete. He has not been the same dominant Dwight of old. I wonder if he ever will.

Hellcrooner
11-24-2012, 04:48 PM
Depending on what they have to give up..Houston could be a playoff team with Pau.

Playoff? yes.

Able to beat lakers? No

Able to win it all? No.

If instead of there they send him to Chicago, Boston, New York, Sant Antonio, Dallas, Miami, Oklahoma ( deppending on what they get back) the risk of being defeated by them in playoffs, or paus new team winning the ring is HIGH.

Then there are teams with partial risk of defeating lakers in playoffs with pau, ( Blazers, Wolves, Grizzlies).

tredigs
11-24-2012, 04:49 PM
You should stop hating.

I can see G.S being one of the most interesting trade partners for lakers.

David Lee + ........

I have zero "hate" for Pau. I wish he was doing well and I was the most vocal supporter that he deserved the Finals MVP. I even took him on my fantasy squad this year. I'd love for him to have a rejuvenated start in Golden State for say David Lee + Richard Jefferson or Draymond Green. Not if he's playing like he's going now, but I'm not an idiot, I know what he's capable of in the right mind state/system. Bogut + Pau would be destructive if the guy could get healthy.

Chill_Will_24
11-24-2012, 04:49 PM

Gasol to HOU would be scary so you can scratch them off the list if LA does not wanna see Gasol in the playoffs

Hellcrooner
11-24-2012, 04:53 PM
Gasol to HOU would be scary so you can scratch them off the list if LA does not wanna see Gasol in the playoffs

Not so much.

Can asik really play pf? cause pau needs to play center right now.

He would also clash with teh Young Dawgs, because neither Lin nor Harden would accept Pau as the leader/franchise player of the team.

kblo247
11-24-2012, 04:55 PM

Pau hasn't raped Al Haringotn, Carl Landry, or Faried. The lakers sent doubles to help him guard em. They sent doubles to help him guard Ibaka. I'd love to see this Pau try to guard Dwight, hell I'd really love to see him try to guard Metta in the post as he would get mauled one on one

Hellcrooner
11-24-2012, 04:56 PM
Wonder how would a Dirk + Pau inside combo work..... I could see Cuban Fanciing it and offering to act as the third team on a trade for Lakers and Hawks.

kblo247
11-24-2012, 04:56 PM

Are the Lakers getting Parsons? He could actually play the F spot next to Ron in MDs system

Chill_Will_24
11-24-2012, 04:57 PM
Not so much.

He would also clash with teh Young Dawgs, because neither Lin nor Harden would accept Pau as the leader/franchise player of the team.

Gasol is a PF in my eyes. I do not know what you mean. Gasol is the ultimate team player. He would not go in there with an ego thinking he is the "man". Why would he?

I think he and Asik would work fine. In fact i think that front line would be scary.

Hellcrooner
11-24-2012, 04:57 PM
Pau hasn't raped Al Haringotn, Carl Landry, or Faried. The lakers sent doubles to help him guard em. They sent doubles to help him guard Ibaka. I'd love to see this Pau try to guard Dwight, hell I'd really love to see him try to guard Metta in the post as he would get mauled one on one

The thing is the moment he steps out of the door, he is not THIS pau, but Former pau or a bit worse former Pau.

Did you watch ThAT pau in 09 finals?

Btw "herniated disk" howard is not ThAT howard either.

iam brett favre
11-24-2012, 04:59 PM
Not so much.

Again - depending on who they'd give up - I absolutely think HOU could beat LA in the playoffs.

Chill_Will_24
Are the Lakers getting Parsons? He could actually play the F spot next to Ron in MDs system

I was not suggesting any trade scenario or even made up one. I frankly do not care. I was just responding to someone else that thinks Gasol in HOU would not be a dangerous team.

Hellcrooner
Gasol is a PF in my eyes. I do not know what you mean. Gasol is the ultimate team player. He would not go in there with an ego thinking he is the "man". Why would he?

I think he and Asik would work fine. In fact i think that front line would be scary.

Gasol has lost speed and lateral quickness, he cant deffend PF anymore, and his best spots in attack are Inside he is lost shooting jumpers.

He needs to play center.

If he coudl play PF effectively this thread would not exist.

iam brett favre
11-24-2012, 05:00 PM

The ignorance is absolutely astounding. Talk about garbage.

kblo247
11-24-2012, 05:02 PM
The thing is the moment he steps out of the door, he is not THIS pau, but Former pau or a bit worse former Pau.

Did you watch ThAT pau in 09 finals?

Btw "herniated disk" howard is not ThAT howard either.

That Pau had Kobe drawing doubles on O and Odom helping him in the paint on D. Odom erased a lot of mistakes on team D because he was so versatile in the way he could show on Guards and Wings off the dribble, contest a shooter, and recover to his guy and the glass.

That Pau hasn't surfaced at all in 3 years two nights in a row. What makes him suddenly grow a set?

KB-Pau-DH2012
11-24-2012, 05:03 PM
There are like 3 Pau threads in the NBA Forum.

Can we just make today "Pau Gasol Day?!" And have an "Everything Pau Gasol thread" stickied in the NBA Forum? :laugh2:

Hellcrooner
11-24-2012, 05:05 PM
That Pau had Kobe drawing doubles on O and Odom helping him in the paint on D. Odom erased a lot of mistakes on team D because he was so versatile in the way he could show on Guards and Wings off the dribble, contest a shooter, and recover to his guy and the glass.

That Pau hasn't surfaced at all in 3 years two nights in a row. What makes him suddenly grow a set?

vengeance.

Im being serious, we have to trade him to a **** situation, preferably in the EAST (where he will stop caring at all and just wait his contract out to come back to barcelona), or he will come back to **** us hard in the ***.

kblo247
11-24-2012, 05:14 PM
If he had it in him to want vengeance he would show up versus his brother who is beign called better than him and the team that dealt him for Kwame Brown because he wasn't a franchise player

Hellcrooner
11-24-2012, 05:16 PM
If he had it in him to want vengeance he would show up versus his brother who is beign called better than him and the team that dealt him for Kwame Brown because he wasn't a franchise player

Id say two rings is enough vengeance for that?:confused:

strahan92osi72
11-24-2012, 05:31 PM
Only the tip of the iceberg, Mike Dumbtoni does nothing but ruin franchises. Laker fans will see very soon what a joke he is.

Nycbball08
11-24-2012, 05:45 PM
MDA has no credability to be talking. He has no hardware to show for it. I may be wrong, but I don't even recall Mike Brown saying things like that, let alone for a coach that just came long to be talking like this.

What credibility he has?.. How about just cause he's the coach..that says a lot don't you think?

Nycbball08
11-24-2012, 05:46 PM
Only the tip of the iceberg, Mike Dumbtoni does nothing but ruin franchises. Laker fans will see very soon what a joke he is.

C'mon man nonsense, that franchise was in ruins before Mike got there..

Jenceman
11-24-2012, 05:53 PM

09 Pau owned Dwight Howard one on one, give him his due. He is struggling right now, but he was arguably the best big in the game at times.

Still even with Pau struggles, the overall problem remains team defense.

Iron24th
11-24-2012, 05:56 PM
Got my fingers crossed.

my team ( lakers) is not getting the ring this year no matter what.

So, if that trade happens at least My player, can win it for my SECOND fav team, ad teach a lesson to some people on the process.

And you continue to post stupid things like pau to NY make them winning the ship lol

xxplayerxx23
11-24-2012, 06:13 PM
And you continue to post stupid things like pau to NY make them winning the ship lol

Pau to an already solid NY team doesn┤t make them contenders :eyebrow:

smith&wesson
11-24-2012, 06:35 PM
i guess dantoni wants to run and gun, and gasol is more of a half court player.

osmosis da kid
11-24-2012, 06:35 PM
Mike D doesn't do defense the only defense I've every heard from Mike D is 10 secs or less, so laker fans better buckle up.

Iron24th
11-24-2012, 07:12 PM
Pau to an already solid NY team doesn┤t make them contenders :eyebrow:

We're 11-12 games into the season, don't get ahead of yourself, NY is a top 4 eastern team, and adding just pau (and losing someone to land gasol) would not make them the top team suddenly, not ahead of miami,SA and OKC at least.

DumDum
11-24-2012, 08:07 PM
Whoever gets pau I hope they railroad the lakers. The the laker office is always getting over in their trades

dodie53
11-24-2012, 10:34 PM
bring Pau off the bench?

Gram
11-24-2012, 11:38 PM
Lol Dumbtoni.

Hellcrooner
11-25-2012, 02:19 AM
http://lakers.ocregister.com/2012/11/24/pau-gasol-reveals-pretty-bothersome-knee-tendinitis/74873/

ewing
11-25-2012, 12:03 PM
http://lakers.ocregister.com/2012/11/24/pau-gasol-reveals-pretty-bothersome-knee-tendinitis/74873/

First quotes I've seen from Mike about Pau. Sounded pretty positive

EnWhyKay
11-25-2012, 07:33 PM
Good luck Laker fans... This is the same coach who took the ball out of Carmelo Anthony and Amare Stoudemire's hand to give it to Jeremy Lin....

Rndy
11-25-2012, 07:36 PM
Bulls will take Pau! Boozer is probably the better player and cheaper then Amare at this point. Boozer not as good at P&R but with a good passing pg like Deron/Nash he'd be back to really solid. PLEASEEEE!

Spurred1
11-25-2012, 07:37 PM
Pau gets blamed for everything that goes wrong. D'Antoni has no business taking shots at anyone right now, either.