PDA

View Full Version : Charlotte Bobcats

kjoke
11-23-2012, 01:26 AM
What do you make of their 6-4 record so far?

GREATNESS ONE
11-23-2012, 01:28 AM
World beaters.

heyman321
11-23-2012, 01:39 AM
Bargnani approves.

http://gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=3287119&t=o (http://gifsoup.com/view/3287119/andrea-bargnani-primo-pasta.html) GIFSoup (http://gifsoup.com/)

DeyAce
11-23-2012, 01:39 AM
contenders for sure

douglas
11-23-2012, 01:46 AM
They have won 6 games and have not won 4 games.

Sactown
11-23-2012, 01:48 AM
Cleveland started off the season 8 and 8 before Kyrie, long season

LTBaByyy
11-23-2012, 01:48 AM
The is east is bad.

The 3rd place team is like 6-4

b@llhog24
11-23-2012, 01:51 AM
Kemba>Dwill.

LTBaByyy
11-23-2012, 01:59 AM
^^^ D Will is so overrated lol

Don't get me wrong I would have loved him in Dallas but the dude is #6 best PG AT BEST

CP3
Rose
Rondo
Westbrook
Kyrie

Are all better than him, you could make a case for Parker too

KingsMadness44
11-23-2012, 02:10 AM
Kemba walker is a baller.............

Baller1
11-23-2012, 02:13 AM
Surprised the **** out of me... And everyone for that matter. I expected to see another historically bad season, but props to them. They've been impressive.

KB-Pau-DH2012
11-23-2012, 02:18 AM
It's a step in the right direction for that franchise. Hopefully they can sustain it as long as possible, and let's see what happens.

They finished with the worst winning % in history last yr. Now the goal is to slowly but surely build on the wins season-by-season.

Maybe 30-32 wins this yr. 36-38 the next yr, and then yr after that maybe around .500 basketball, which should be enough to get one of the last 2 seeds in the Weak East.

Progression and improvement is all you can ask for once you hit ground zero, like the Bobcats did last season.

tredigs
11-23-2012, 02:20 AM
-2 win differential, haven't really beaten anyone, and basically the east sucks.

By November 30th they will have a losing record, and that will continue for the rest of the year. Just saying.

But good for them for taking care of business early on.

albertajaysfan
11-23-2012, 04:17 AM
Bargnani approves.

http://gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=3287119&t=o (http://gifsoup.com/view/3287119/andrea-bargnani-primo-pasta.html) GIFSoup (http://gifsoup.com/)

^^^ This ^^^

Baller1
11-23-2012, 04:34 AM
-2 win differential, haven't really beaten anyone, and basically the east sucks.

By November 30th they will have a losing record, and that will continue for the rest of the year. Just saying.

But good for them for taking care of business early on.

Finally becoming a regular poster again..?!

TheBatchelor213
11-23-2012, 04:50 AM
I like it. If im them I take a shot on Amare, send Tyrus and a top 5 protected 1st rounder to NY for Amare. Shows Charlote fans the franchise is serious about winning, get rid of Tyrus bad contract and let Amare rebuild his career in Charlote.

Patman
11-23-2012, 06:05 AM
They will have a loosing record soon enough, but respect to them they started strong and are only one win away from last seasons total. If they win 30 games that would be a huge improvement. But damn the East is weak.

Rain 816
11-23-2012, 07:52 AM
Kemba walker is a baller.............

This....dude is playing so aggressive and being a true leader to that team

Gram
11-23-2012, 08:59 AM
Kemba Walker.

JasonJohnHorn
11-23-2012, 09:47 AM
I expected the South East to easily be the worst division in the leauge (and it likely still is), and I expect Orlando, Washington and Charlotte to be piling up the losses like crazy, but to be honest, I thought Washinton would easily be the best team of the three. I guess I was wrong... lol

Gordon and Sessions are great players to have coming off the bench. I mean, any team in the league would do well to have these two players coming off the bench, so the Bobcats made a major upgrade in that department this offseason.

Kemba seems to have made a marked improvement on his FG% over his rookie season, which is what he needed to address most of all. Still, his assist-to-turnover ratio needs a little work if he wants to be an elite guards. But one step at a time. This is just his first full season and he is already showing improvement over his rookie year.

Mullens is also improved drastically. I expect him to be in the running for the MIP award at the end of the season if he keeps this level of play up.

And MKG is making a solid contribution to the team. I was a little worried about that pick. He seems like a good kid and I want him to do well, but looking at his pre-season stats had me a little worried.

Over-all though, I don't think the bobcats have the depth and experience to maintain a .500 record. And they may be shooting themselves in the foot by playing as well as they are, because they likely won't get to the playoffs and it's just going to hurt their position in the draft. Still, you have to do yuo best each game and try to win as many as you can. Can't just tank games to get a high pick.

king4day
11-23-2012, 01:04 PM
I like it. If im them I take a shot on Amare, send Tyrus and a top 5 protected 1st rounder to NY for Amare. Shows Charlote fans the franchise is serious about winning, get rid of Tyrus bad contract and let Amare rebuild his career in Charlote.

Unless Amar'e comes back and lights things up, I don't think Charlotte will need to give a pick to get rid of the contract of Amar'e.

dalton749
11-23-2012, 01:28 PM
i think their record is wrong
http://www.nba.com/2012/news/11/22/nba-officials-missed-call.ap/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpts

NBAfan4life
11-23-2012, 01:36 PM
They don't want to surge to soon. Ideally they want at least one more lottery pick if not a couple before they start makin the playoffs

JNoel
11-23-2012, 01:38 PM
Kemba>W-Brick

KnickaBocka.44
11-23-2012, 01:40 PM
Unless Amar'e comes back and lights things up, I don't think Charlotte will need to give a pick to get rid of the contract of Amar'e.

They definitely would. I'm somewhat appalled at the notion that someone would actually think, let alone thoughtfully decide to post the idea that Tyrus Thomas could be traded for Amare straight up. Plus it doesn't work cap-wise.

bigsams50
11-23-2012, 04:09 PM
They definitely would. I'm somewhat appalled at the notion that someone would actually think, let alone thoughtfully decide to post the idea that Tyrus Thomas could be traded for Amare straight up. Plus it doesn't work cap-wise.

There is no way we give up a 1st for Amare. After the season he had last year and the injury concerns, no way NY gets a 1st from Charlotte.

b@llhog24
11-23-2012, 04:12 PM
Finally becoming a regular poster again..?!

I'd hope so, he's one of the best posters in the Nba forum.

KnicksorBust
11-23-2012, 06:12 PM
They will have a loosing record soon enough, but respect to them they started strong and are only one win away from last seasons total. If they win 30 games that would be a huge improvement. But damn the East is weak.

Spot on. Bobcat's fans should enjoy this while they can. I am very high on MKG though. He's a short-term and long-term answer. They are getting quality big man minutes out of Mullens too. The Kemba/BG splash can keep scoring but this team will end up watching the playoffs from home.

RLundi
11-23-2012, 06:27 PM
I think the bounce-back has been incredible, albeit premature. Their point differential is -2.1 and they had the hardest projected strength of schedule of all Eastern Conference teams at the beginning of the season.

All this points to the fact that they will not be a playoff team, but it's still a nice story for now.

topdog
11-23-2012, 08:50 PM
I expected the South East to easily be the worst division in the leauge (and it likely still is), and I expect Orlando, Washington and Charlotte to be piling up the losses like crazy, but to be honest, I thought Washinton would easily be the best team of the three. I guess I was wrong... lol

Too be fair, Washington's two best players haven't suited up yet this year. People were expecting John Wall to have a bounce-back/breakout year. Also, Randy Wittman is a terrible coach.

Anyway, I'm big on team point differential because it really does help you to see the bigger picture especially early on. One should be wary of a winning team with a negative +/- especially when you've got Indy and Chicago with -0.5 and +0.2 differentials just 1.5 games behind in the standings.

I do think that the 'Cats have been a nice surprise (I expected them to be better but not this much), but I expect things to level out here as we get into December and good teams get things rolling.

popo85
11-23-2012, 08:59 PM
Young Kemba is playing great