PDA

View Full Version : Should Dwight be Suspended?

KingsMadness44
11-22-2012, 09:31 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_-Y9dt5Vd0

the link above is the play in which Dwight Clearly hits Jason Thompson on purpose, and from the looks of it pretty hard and flush.

Everyone was okay with the suspension of the Kings Thomas Robinson for his hit on JJ from the Pistons. In my opinion they should both be suspensions.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHpUItMCAhA

Another thing to take into consideration is that Demarcus Cousins got suspended 2 games for confronting someone.

what do you think?

bholly
11-22-2012, 09:37 PM
It isn't quite as cut-and-dry as the TRob one, but yeah, I think there's a pretty good argument for that being a flagrant and probably short suspension.

NJ#1FAN
11-22-2012, 09:56 PM
Dwight definitely SHOULD be suspended but he probably won't be because he's Dwight & the League protects its superstars.

Dade County
11-22-2012, 10:19 PM
Yes he should.

JasonJohnHorn
11-22-2012, 10:22 PM
From what I know (which obviously isn't the whole story), the DMC suspension was wrong. Confronting somebody who has attacked you? I don't see a problem with that. Now, maybe he made threats, or was yelling, and everybody has a right to a safe work environment, so perhaps it was called for, but it seemed odd to me.

That said, just because the league makes one bad suspension, doesn't mean the need to start making all kinds of them. That would be even worse.

I think the problem here is you have to prove intent, and intent is not obvious in this case.

tredigs
11-22-2012, 10:37 PM
Artest has a new apprentice.

Baller1
11-22-2012, 10:40 PM
Yup, a game or two.

KingsMadness44
11-22-2012, 10:43 PM
From what I know (which obviously isn't the whole story), the DMC suspension was wrong. Confronting somebody who has attacked you? I don't see a problem with that. Now, maybe he made threats, or was yelling, and everybody has a right to a safe work environment, so perhaps it was called for, but it seemed odd to me.

That said, just because the league makes one bad suspension, doesn't mean the need to start making all kinds of them. That would be even worse.

I think the problem here is you have to prove intent, and intent is not obvious in this case.

i would say that dwight looked behind him located jason thompson and clocked him pretty hard. I mean i think it was out of frustration but still if you dont suspend him like they did T-rob then its going to happen again and make him feel like he's untouchable

Andrew32
11-22-2012, 10:43 PM
If it was on purpose then yes but only for 1 game it didn't look that bad.
Not 100% sure it was though.

Giraffes Rule
11-22-2012, 11:01 PM

I mean, why would Dwight raise his arm like that if it wasn't to hit Thompson? The ball wasn't really anywhere near, and his hand was closed anyways. The thing to me is that I can't tell if he hit him hard or if Thompson flopped a bit. He certainly hit him, but in the replay it doesn't look like he got him that bad.

tredigs
11-22-2012, 11:01 PM
If it was on purpose then yes but only for 1 game it didn't look that bad.
Not 100% sure it was though.

Then you're clueless if you can't realize that was 100% on purpose. Watch it again. He gets slapped in the face a little on the rebound, then you think he may have instantly reached his forearm up and back in a completely unnatural direction and just so happened to find Thompson's face? He knew exactly what he was doing. Like Arrest he's not going to flat confront the player, he'll just whack them when they are not expecting it. Sucker punchers if you will. It's not a new technique.

People who can't unequivocally see when something like this is on purpose confuse me.

KingsMadness44
11-22-2012, 11:02 PM
If you guys dont think that was on purpose then your blind. Put it like this, Dwight was extremely frustrated JT was in his face the whole game and he probably got away with an over the back on Dwight and he swung his arm and hit him in the face.

i mean it looks clear as day......

KingsMadness44
11-22-2012, 11:08 PM
I mean, why would Dwight raise his arm like that if it wasn't to hit Thompson? The ball wasn't really anywhere near, and his hand was closed anyways. The thing to me is that I can't tell if he hit him hard or if Thompson flopped a bit. He certainly hit him, but in the replay it doesn't look like he got him that bad.

if a 270lb grown man hits you flush in the chin with his forearm and your not expecting it at all, you're telling me you wouldn't go down? I mean i don't think it was a KO blow but it wasn't a love tap either....

If T-Rob got suspended for his hit, than Dwight should 100% get 2 games as well!!!

DODGERS&LAKERS
11-22-2012, 11:29 PM
I think Thompson should be fined five grand for flopping. If his lips were not so big he would not have been hit. He better tuck that in or hes gonna get caught on a trip wire

PleaseBeNice
11-22-2012, 11:33 PM
I think Thompson should be fined five grand for flopping. If his lips were not so big he would not have been hit. He better tuck that in or hes gonna get caught on a trip wire

how can you defend this?

tapajafri
11-22-2012, 11:34 PM

Lol look at this scum garbage spewing out of this walking, talking trash can's mouth.

KingsMadness44
11-22-2012, 11:38 PM

either ignorance at its finest or your joking...

MickeyMgl
11-22-2012, 11:49 PM
I mean, why would Dwight raise his arm like that if it wasn't to hit Thompson?

Probably to get Thompson off of him, since the longer replays show Thompson pulling down on Howard's shoulder to hitch a ride.

MickeyMgl
11-22-2012, 11:50 PM
Then you're clueless if you can't realize that was 100% on purpose. Watch it again. He gets slapped in the face a little on the rebound, then you think he may have instantly reached his forearm up and back in a completely unnatural direction and just so happened to find Thompson's face? He knew exactly what he was doing. Like Arrest he's not going to flat confront the player, he'll just whack them when they are not expecting it. Sucker punchers if you will. It's not a new technique.

People who can't unequivocally see when something like this is on purpose confuse me.

You clearly are seeing what you want to see.

DODGERS&LAKERS
11-22-2012, 11:50 PM
either ignorance at its finest or your joking...

Finally, someone gets it. What color font is for sarcasim? Blaming a player getting hit because he has big lips??? And you guys thought I was serious? Lol.

I don't think he will be suspended though. He didnt bring his arm backwards. He brought it straight up. I didnt see the other suspensions the op was talking about though.

Corey
11-22-2012, 11:53 PM
Eh. It wasn't too bad.

tapajafri
11-22-2012, 11:57 PM
Finally, someone gets it. What color font is for sarcasim? Blaming a player getting hit because he has big lips??? And you guys thought I was serious? Lol.

I don't think he will be suspended though. He didnt bring his arm backwards. He brought it straight up. I didnt see the other suspensions the op was talking about though.

Everyone knew you were joking, but the joke was just so pathetic that it immediately turned into scumbag sewage.

Daze9900
11-22-2012, 11:59 PM
It wasn't that bad; he definitely hit him intentionally but the player did the right thing by flopping to sell it to the refs.

tredigs
11-23-2012, 12:05 AM
You clearly are seeing what you want to see.

Hahaha is that so? So, just innocent flying arms on Howard like Artest? You kids crack me up.

_KB24_
11-23-2012, 12:10 AM
Hahaha is that so? So, just innocent flying arms on Howard like Artest? You kids crack me up.

Dude, you can't seriously tell me the Dwight elbow is suspension worthy...

Bruno
11-23-2012, 12:12 AM
can you determine that it was intentional? no. no suspension. speculation will go on for a day or two, but that will be it. although who knows- id lean towards a suspension not being handed down (if i had to bet on it).

tredigs
11-23-2012, 12:15 AM

That's up to them to decide. It's pathetic, but being that he doesn't do it that regularly a simple fine seems just.

If you read my post - what I'm laughing at is the people who can't watch that clip (and other similar clips across all sports) and understand when something is clearly intentional or not. Suh kicking Shaub in the nuts today comes to mind. When you can't see these things and put context to the reasons why they did it (generally being that they're insta-reacting idiots with little to no self control or discipline), I just have no respect for your judgement.

KingsMadness44
11-23-2012, 12:16 AM
It wasn't that bad; he definitely hit him intentionally but the player did the right thing by flopping to sell it to the refs.

Re-watch that video because JT wasn't standing directly under where his arm he was standing about a step or 2 behind and Dwight knew that so there is no reason for him to bring his arms up the way he did, UNLESS it was to hit an UNEXPECTING (if you have ever been hit unexpectedly it not only catches you off guard but hurts more because you dont have time to brace yourself for the hit).

To me a flop is exaggerating, by either screaming or flailing or falling exaggeratedly to draw attention to contact. Now to me i dont think JT was exaggerating. I dont know how many people would've been standing after getting hit flush on the chin by a 6'11 270lb tank unexpectedly.....

KingsMadness44
11-23-2012, 12:21 AM

Demarcus Cousins got suspended 2 games for confronting someone.....so yes i believe an intentional elbow warrants a 1 game suspension.

Put it like this, if it another player who intentionally elbows someone out of frustration they'd get suspended and you'd be okay with it?

DODGERS&LAKERS
11-23-2012, 12:30 AM
Lol look at this scum garbage spewing out of this walking, talking trash can's mouth.

Everyone knew you were joking, but the joke was just so pathetic that it immediately turned into scumbag sewage.

You must have extremely large lips to be so offended. Cry me a river bro. Pull your big bottom lip over your head and shut up.

ThunderousDemon
11-23-2012, 12:31 AM

Lol look at this scum garbage spewing out of this walking, talking trash can's mouth

:up:

Ill21
11-23-2012, 12:46 AM

He got drilled. Wtf are you talking about?

Im_in_Mia_bish
11-23-2012, 12:50 AM
howard probably did tht cos of thompsons monster putback dunk over howard ;)

Im_in_Mia_bish
11-23-2012, 12:50 AM
in all honesty, i wouldnt be surprised if they didnt, but based off of other suspensions, the league should.

Avenged
11-23-2012, 01:04 AM
It'll be a weak reason for a suspension but if other players have been suspended for the same thing then Dwight should too.

KingsMadness44
11-23-2012, 01:07 AM
howard probably did tht cos of thompsons monster putback dunk over howard ;)

it was T-Rob with the monster dunk

Unfortunately the only cool/good thing he's done so far:facepalm:

KingsMadness44
11-23-2012, 01:13 AM
It'll be a weak reason for a suspension but if other players have been suspended for the same thing then Dwight should too.

i agree, i think a fine would've been just fine. But given that the league has suspended other players for similar things, if they don't suspend Dwight this sends a message that if you're a star player you can let the occasional elbow or forearm slip every now then with out any serious repercussions.

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
11-23-2012, 01:30 AM
I dont know how anyone could argue this doesn't deserve a suspension ... even if he doesn't hit him hard which he does he was obviously trying to hit him intentionally....

tapajafri
11-23-2012, 01:35 AM
You must have extremely large lips to be so offended. Cry me a river bro. Pull your big bottom lip over your head and shut up.

Anyone else confused as to how a sewage-spilling metallic trash bin can speak words?

THE GIPPER
11-23-2012, 01:41 AM
This is a joke. Is the league really coming to this?

Suspend Thompson for being a *****.

Sactown
11-23-2012, 01:50 AM
No, Basketball is a physical sport... People take shots...no injury should be no suspension

KingsMadness44
11-23-2012, 01:51 AM
This is a joke. Is the league really coming to this?

Suspend Thompson for being a *****.

if a dude did the same thing to you in a pick-up game you'd be ready to fight.

whens the last time a guy like Howard hit you in the face?

THE GIPPER
11-23-2012, 01:58 AM
if a dude did the same thing to you in a pick-up game you'd be ready to fight.

whens the last time a guy like Howard hit you in the face?

Actually its funny you mention this. Last week in mens league I was elbowed in the lip and needed 5 stitches.

Anyway Im not saying what Dwight did was OK but Thompson flopping doesnt solve the problem. I'd rather see him be a man and stand up for himself rather than flop.

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
11-23-2012, 01:59 AM
Its one thing to be physical in a basketball manner its a total other thing to sucker punch someone by throwing your arm out to hit them in there face.... its cheap and p.u.s.s.y like

KingsMadness44
11-23-2012, 02:01 AM
No, Basketball is a physical sport... People take shots...no injury should be no suspension

this is a stupid way of thinking. There is a difference with being physical in how you play and then there is intentionally hitting someone in the face.

in your opinion this play wouldn't result in a suspension [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIWSKssJP2E
..........he didn't get hurt.

I am not saying that play is anything like the Dwight's foul was remotely as bad that BUT your logic is extremely dumb. This is basketball not hockey

tapajafri
11-23-2012, 02:03 AM

Seriously though, nobody else is confused as to how a sewage-spilling metallic trash bin can speak words? That's alright, I just never knew trash cans could speak. Carry on people, no big deal here.

KingsMadness44
11-23-2012, 02:07 AM
Actually its funny you mention this. Last week in mens league I was elbowed in the lip and needed 5 stitches.

Anyway Im not saying what Dwight did was OK but Thompson flopping doesnt solve the problem. I'd rather see him be a man and stand up for himself rather than flop.

the guy elbowed you on purpose? and why are you saying he flopped? He got hit by a tank of a man and he wasnt expecting it.....i would've fallen down. JT wasn't rolling around on the ground, he didn't throw up his arms, and he didn't yell. he didnt even come out of the game....

JT is not much of a flopper either, call me a homer if you want to but i actually watch the games and flopping is not one of the things he does. I think he got hit pretty good and wasn't expecting it hence why he fell down

Raps18-19 Champ
11-23-2012, 02:08 AM
Should be a flagrant and a fine.

Considering Dwight is an idiot, I think he did it intentionally. I don't see why he would bring his elbow back in that sequence for any other reason but to hit/scar off the defender. But yea, he's not getting suspended.

KB-Pau-DH2012
11-23-2012, 02:10 AM
Yup, a game or two.

Too generous but yeah, I'll agree with you there.

Phenomenonsense
11-23-2012, 02:14 AM
Haha whatever. Thompson got what he deserved. He used his left hand to push himself up and Dwight down on the rebound. Take that tiny hit like a man and move on.

KingsMadness44
11-23-2012, 02:42 AM
Haha whatever. Thompson got what he deserved. He used his left hand to push himself up and Dwight down on the rebound. Take that tiny hit like a man and move on.

hahaha if thats the case Jerbacko got exactly what he deserved for trying to fondle T-rob's nuts.....

Phenomenonsense
11-23-2012, 03:25 AM
hahaha if thats the case Jerbacko got exactly what he deserved for trying to fondle T-rob's nuts.....

I've been saying Jerebko took the hit on purpose from day one. He jabbed Trob in the ribs right before gettin hit. JJ is going Laimbeer on people.

icon1914
11-23-2012, 03:36 AM
... The NBA is getting softer by the second... Let them play...

JesusWears24
11-23-2012, 03:41 AM
Laker hate......pathetic

KingsMadness44
11-23-2012, 03:43 AM
Laker hate......pathetic

how is this laker hate? you're ignorant

5ass
11-23-2012, 04:20 AM
doesnt surprise me dwight always does this **** and gets away with it. People are just starting to notice because he's with the lakers?
Anyway, it happens because players are always so physical with him all the time so he gets frustrated. Its one of Dwights immaturities on the court that i hoped he'd work on, along with *****ing about fouls to the refs in game and getting techs. Basically every superstar in the league has some on court immaturites except maybe D-Rose.

LakersSaintsLSU
11-23-2012, 04:21 AM
gtfo you wussies...get over it HE'S A LAKER no turning back the clock now

LakersSaintsLSU
11-23-2012, 04:23 AM
how is this laker hate? you're ignorant

Cuz it is,you only fool yourselves :facepalm: we've been dealing with the like's of you ...for...let me gues ummmmm forever??

numba1CHANGsta
11-23-2012, 04:45 AM
lmao he didn't even hit him that hard, at least not hard enough to knock him to the ground, Thompson over reacted and was being a good actress ;)

TornadoOfSouls
11-23-2012, 05:13 AM
Seems like every player that joins the Lakers amps up the dirty factor in their game.