PDA

View Full Version : Head-to-Head Draft

tlynch
11-22-2012, 01:31 PM
Last night an old high school friend and I were sitting around discussing who we would pick for our fantasy NBA starting 5. We had a draft, head to head, he got first pick.

We decided that we were picking teams for a best of 7 series to take place at the all star break.

Here is how the draft went down:

Him 1) Lebron
Me 2) Howard
Him 3) Durant
Me 4) Griffin
Him 5) C. Paul
Me 6) Bryant
Him 7) Rondo
Me 8) Carmello
Him 9) Bynum
Me 10) Deron Williams

--------

Now I ask the number one question, whose team would win?

And your opinion on the draft. My argument is that Howard has to be the #2 pick if you don't get Lebron #1, he thought I should pick Durant.

Thanks,
Todd

knicks=love
11-22-2012, 02:36 PM
neither of the teams mesh well at all together.

rondo
paul
durant
lebron
bynum

vs

williams
kobe
carmelo
griffin
dwight

his team would light yours up without question.

StarvingKnick22
11-22-2012, 03:24 PM
You obviously have to select Howard. KD doesn't play defense and Howard is great on defense. I don't know if you planned on it, but putting him with Kobe is great. Howard plays D and Kobe can lead the offense.

LOVE42
11-22-2012, 06:31 PM
You took Griffen fourth?? I respect him as a player but fourth seems very high. In the PSD rankings he wasn't even in the top 15! No disrespect to him or you but that was probably not the best choice with your second pick!

GREATNESS ONE
11-22-2012, 06:40 PM
Your team would have dominated with taking CP3 4th.

Sly Guy
11-22-2012, 08:56 PM
yep, cp3 was needed at that pick much more than grif was.

JasonJohnHorn
11-22-2012, 09:31 PM
You obviously have to select Howard. KD doesn't play defense and Howard is great on defense. I don't know if you planned on it, but putting him with Kobe is great. Howard plays D and Kobe can lead the offense.

KD has been playing defence this year. And moving the rock too!

bucketss
11-22-2012, 09:36 PM

he picked durant not melo.

JasonJohnHorn
11-22-2012, 09:36 PM
Me 2) Howard
Me 4) Griffin
Me 6) Bryant
Me 8) Carmello
Me 10) Deron Williams

Him 1) Lebron
Him 3) Durant
Him 5) C. Paul
Him 7) Rondo
Him 9) Bynum

I'm going to go with your team.

for one, he's not even going to have a center. Bynum is injured. But let's assume he healthy for the sake of the arguement.

He's got two SF... Bron can play PF on defence, but he brings the ball up, so he's going to need to play the wing on offence. How will Durant do in the post? Bynum is the only real post player on that squad. And Rondo needs the ball in his hands to be effective because he's not a great spot-up shooter, so him and LBJ are going have trouble blending. And CP3? I mean, he's got three ball handlers? There's not enough balls to go around.

You team fits better together, though I'm not sure Kobe and Melo would fit that well together. That might be over kill. But DWill can bring the ball up, run the pick and roll with Dwight or Blake, kick it out to Kobe and run a few iso plays for Melo and Kobe. And Kobe would be posting up on whoever gaurded him all night, be it CP3 or Rondo.

but yeah... I would pick Howard first... I mean, the other guy is going to obviously pick LBJ and you got Durant right after...there's not a huge drop off between Durant and LBJ, but between Howard and the next best center... there's a drop off. If I knew i was getting the third pick to... I'd take Howard first.

tredigs
11-22-2012, 10:26 PM
You took Howard and Griffin 2 and 4, meanwhile he has Lebron and Durant? I didn't even read the rest of the list, you get TORCHED. GL with Free throws/assists/threes.

Chronz
11-22-2012, 11:18 PM
You should have taken CP3 before Blake. Now your team has poor interior spacing (unless Blake continues his improvement on outlet jumpers) and a poor mans CP3 in Deron Williams to get them the ball. And you add Melo to that mix, man you would have been better off getting Iggy or someone for this team IMO. Someone that doesn't need the ball to provide elite impact defensively.

That said, his team is equally troubling, I say you both lose.

Corey
11-22-2012, 11:56 PM
Last night an old high school friend and I were sitting around discussing who we would pick for our fantasy NBA starting 5. We had a draft, head to head, he got first pick.

We decided that we were picking teams for a best of 7 series to take place at the all star break.

Here is how the draft went down:

Him 1) Lebron
Me 2) Howard
Him 3) Durant
Me 4) Griffin
Him 5) C. Paul
Me 6) Bryant
Him 7) Rondo
Me 8) Carmello
Him 9) Bynum
Me 10) Deron Williams

--------

Now I ask the number one question, whose team would win?

And your opinion on the draft. My argument is that Howard has to be the #2 pick if you don't get Lebron #1, he thought I should pick Durant.

Thanks,
Todd
You automatically lose for taking Dwight over Durant and Griffin over Paul.

Gram
11-23-2012, 12:03 AM

This.

NYYCowboys
11-23-2012, 12:04 AM
Kobe and Carmelo on the same team may work in the olympics, but I don't think it would work on this particular team.

Baller1
11-23-2012, 12:05 AM

Yeah, pretty much.

tlynch
11-23-2012, 02:25 PM
I only took Griffin second because I was trying to make a point that the difference between guards is not nearly as great as the difference between forwards / big men.

In retrospect, I should have taken CP3 with my second pick.

Chronz
11-23-2012, 02:29 PM

Nothing wrong with the Dwight pick. Blake however .... :facepalm:

knicks=love
11-23-2012, 03:24 PM
do people not see the two best scorers together on one team? who the hell is going to shut down lebron AND durant?

pzachara
11-23-2012, 06:25 PM
you shouldve have done a serpentine draft. That would have made it more fair.

John Walls Era
11-23-2012, 06:34 PM
You took Griffen fourth?? I respect him as a player but fourth seems very high. In the PSD rankings he wasn't even in the top 15! No disrespect to him or you but that was probably not the best choice with your second pick!

Great rankings btw if you want something to laugh at presently and in the future.

Super.
11-23-2012, 06:58 PM
Griffin with your second overall pick?

the ****?

smith&wesson
11-23-2012, 07:09 PM
in any fantasy draft lebron and durant go 1 or 2 no one should go ahead of either of those guys.

mngopher35
11-23-2012, 07:31 PM
Picking Blake especially that early was your problem. Take cp3, and then Love with your last pick and that team has great spacing and balance. I might even take a different type of wing such as iggy instead of Melo to balance the team better but not taking paul was easily your biggest mistake.

tlynch
11-28-2012, 07:07 PM
Him 1) Lebron
Me 2) Howard
Him 3) Durant
Me 4) C. Paul
Him 5) Westbrook
Me 6) Bryant
Him 7) Wade
Me 8) Carmello
Him 9) Bynum
Me 10) Love

So:

Westbrook
Wade
Durant
Lebron
Bynum

vs

Paul
Bryant
Carmello
Love
Howard

So the question really is:

Are Lebron / Durant better compared to their replacements vs Howard / Paul - and I don't think they are.