PDA

View Full Version : Eric Bledsoe ceiling??

DeRozan10
11-22-2012, 02:40 AM
How good could this kid be??

What kind of numbers could he put up in starters minutes??

What do you guys think his ceiling is??

Chill_Will_24
11-22-2012, 02:43 AM
From backing up Wall in college to outplaying him in the NBA

DeRozan10
11-22-2012, 02:48 AM

haha I would looove to see that ...

Chill_Will_24
11-22-2012, 02:55 AM
haha I would looove to see that ...

It's already happening

5ass
11-22-2012, 02:56 AM
Hes never going to be a great PG, but hes a good player. I wouldnt want him as a starting PG though unless i had other play makers in the starting line up.

Cracka2HI!
11-22-2012, 02:57 AM
His ceiling is very high. He is twice the athlete CP3 is, if he can become half the basketball player he'll be an all-star.

DoMeFavors
11-22-2012, 02:57 AM
He could be a starter I never see him as an all star tho.

Rain City
11-22-2012, 02:59 AM
his ceiling is high, he shows he is hungry coming off the bench and could start.

hes rodney stuckeyish IMO,

ThuglifeJ
11-22-2012, 03:10 AM
hes a beast in 2k13. Auto dunk

douglas
11-22-2012, 03:15 AM
It's already happening

Yeah, Eric Bledsoe is averaging more points and assists than John Wall this season so far.

Cracka2HI!
11-22-2012, 03:16 AM
Hes never going to be a great PG, but hes a good player. I wouldnt want him as a starting PG though unless i had other play makers in the starting line up.

He has a 6'8'' wingspan. I think he makes more sense as a SG even at his height. He has a better chance of developing a killer outside shot than a high basketball IQ. He plays a lot of 2 and he's a guy that is such a great defender that he could still defend most wing players despite his height.

Lakers4life08
11-22-2012, 03:25 AM
Chris duhon

Cracka2HI!
11-22-2012, 03:29 AM
Chris duhon

LOL great post! Makes sense coming from a Laker fan. The 2 players couldn't be any more different even if that was a legit post. At least try to pick a bum with a similar style of play!!

harlequin018
11-22-2012, 03:36 AM
He's got a lot of Russ Westbrook in him. Ridiculous athlete, takes bad shots and not a threat from distance but if he can work a little bit on the shooting and get smarter about when he drives, he could be a FT machine and a clear starter in the NBA. I don't see him elite though because he really doesn't have an elite skill (not a great passer either), but if he smart enough to play to his talents, he could be a top half starting PG in this league.

Ebbs
11-22-2012, 03:38 AM

catchy slogan

MagicBucsSox
11-22-2012, 03:42 AM
The clips have a decision come next summer

PurpleJesus
11-22-2012, 04:36 AM
I love Eric's game...so fun to watch.

sunsfan88
11-22-2012, 05:03 AM
If he wasn't a ball hog and actually passed then I would say that he can easily be an All Star.

Cracka2HI!
11-22-2012, 05:17 AM
He's got a lot of Russ Westbrook in him. Ridiculous athlete, takes bad shots and not a threat from distance but if he can work a little bit on the shooting and get smarter about when he drives, he could be a FT machine and a clear starter in the NBA. I don't see him elite though because he really doesn't have an elite skill (not a great passer either), but if he smart enough to play to his talents, he could be a top half starting PG in this league.

This is a great post. His upside is similar to Westbrook, it's just hard to imagine him actually being that good. I do think some team is going to pay him like he will so I think he and the Clippers will part ways and that is tough as a fan.

What do you think of him as a SG? He has the wingspan to play the position and I think a good outside shot is MUCH easier to develop than pure PG skills. I love Bledsoe's game but I don't see him as a natural PG.

DeRozan10
11-22-2012, 06:51 AM
I love Eric's game...so fun to watch.

i agree

id love to see him on a team where he could play 30+ minutes

RLundi
11-22-2012, 07:03 AM
This is a great post. His upside is similar to Westbrook, it's just hard to imagine him actually being that good. I do think some team is going to pay him like he will so I think he and the Clippers will part ways and that is tough as a fan.

What do you think of him as a SG? He has the wingspan to play the position and I think a good outside shot is MUCH easier to develop than pure PG skills. I love Bledsoe's game but I don't see him as a natural PG.

I don't see him as a SG because as of yet he can't really shoot. I think he's locked in the PG position for the time being for better or for worse. Not to mention he's far too small to guard opposing SG. Yes he has a long wingspan but most of the SG would torch him in the post.

I love his game though and I think he can still be a real point guard and not just a short guy that shoots a lot. Whoever lands him in free agency will have to re-wire him from the shoot-first, volume-scorer, bench player mentality.

b@llhog24
11-22-2012, 09:00 AM
He'd play really well next to any Ball handling two guard.

Heediot
11-22-2012, 11:07 AM
If he develops a consistent jumper, he could be better than a guy like Lowry. His defense will be elite. He'll be lucky to make one all-star team, but will come close here and there with a few claims of snub.

dc5jdm
11-22-2012, 12:15 PM
Ty Lawson with out the three bomb

KingPosey
11-22-2012, 12:42 PM
Mini Tyreke

Clippersfan86
11-22-2012, 04:26 PM
If he played with a great ball handling SG and can play off the ball half the time he will thrive. Somebody like Kobe, Joe Johnson, Monta Ellis as a backcourt mate would be DEADLY.

justinnum1
11-22-2012, 05:21 PM
a mix of rondo and westbrick

RonE Coleman
11-22-2012, 05:55 PM

Lol, nothing about his game is like rondos. If he was a mixture of anyone it would be lowry n westbrook

Method28
11-22-2012, 06:05 PM

Lol, nothing about his game is like rondos. If he was a mixture of anyone it would be lowry n westbrook

I disagree. A lot of his game is like rondo. They both are great on ball defenders witg great athletic ability. Both have difficulty shooting but can get to the rim like no other. They have similarities in grit and effort as well. Rondo is obviously the better ball handler but Bledsoe imo adds another defensive dimension with his ability to block shots

JasonJohnHorn
11-22-2012, 06:11 PM
Yeah, Eric Bledsoe is averaging more points and assists than John Wall this season so far.

This is true, BUT, wall has missed fewer shots AND has less turnovers!

justinnum1
11-22-2012, 06:12 PM

you obviously have not seen bledose play. I was watching him ever since he was at kentucky and wanted miami to take him with our 18th pick, but the clippers ended up taking him with the 18th pick.

JasonJohnHorn
11-22-2012, 06:20 PM
At this point, it seems as though NO would have been better off taking Bledsoe in the CP3 deal that landed them Gordon.

D-Leethal
11-22-2012, 06:25 PM
Derek Harper?

heyman321
11-22-2012, 06:29 PM
Chris Duhon.

RonE Coleman
11-22-2012, 06:32 PM
I disagree. A lot of his game is like rondo. They both are great on ball defenders witg great athletic ability. Both have difficulty shooting but can get to the rim like no other. They have similarities in grit and effort as well. Rondo is obviously the better ball handler but Bledsoe imo adds another defensive dimension with his ability to block shots

Not a chance, bledsoe will fill up the stat sheet like lowry. Other than the fact that neither is a good shooter and both played at kentucky i dont know how you can compare rondo and bledsoes play style. Rondo is a great defender and rebounder but everyone knows hes great because of his playmaking and executing the offense, 2 things bledsoe really lacks.

RonE Coleman
11-22-2012, 06:35 PM
you obviously have not seen bledose play. I was watching him ever since he was at kentucky and wanted miami to take him with our 18th pick, but the clippers ended up taking him with the 18th pick.

Cool story bro.

Gram
11-22-2012, 06:35 PM
Not a chance, bledsoe will fill up the stat sheet like lowry. Other than the fact that neither is a good shooter and both played at kentucky i dont know how you can compare rondo and bledsoes play style. Rondo is a great defender and rebounder but everyone knows hes great because of his playmaking and executing the offense, 2 things bledsoe really lacks.

Bledsoe may be one a the most overrated players on this forum, but to say he lacks defense is just stupid.

That said, he was my guy at UK in 2010, it's a shame that people like Clippersfan86 have to overrate him.

RonE Coleman
11-22-2012, 06:45 PM
Bledsoe may be one a the most overrated players on this forum, but to say he lacks defense is just stupid.

That said, he was my guy at UK in 2010, it's a shame that people like Clippersfan86 have to overrate him.

Clearly you can not read... I never said he lacked defense.

I said he lacked playmaking ability and being able to execute an offense.

Nice try though.

If you could understand context you would have been able to see that mentioning rondos defense and rebounding implied those were both things bledsoe was good at but what sets rondo apart is his ability to execute the offense.

Clippersfan86
11-22-2012, 10:31 PM

I'm not overrating him at all. I don't care if you're a UK guy... you watched him for one year, I have yet to miss a pro game of his and obviously my knowledge on his game is going to be more up to date than yours based on his UK days.

Bledsoe's scouting reports from his senior year in HS actually label him a pass first, unselfish PG. Not his fault UK screwed him over by recruiting him before Wall, then forcing him to play SG.

I've seen flashes of straight up brilliance. His turnovers are way down and his ability to create has been significantly improved. His passing and ballhandling were pretty terrible his rookie year and now are very respectable. I remember when he would handle the ball I'd just know a turnover was coming. Now I trust his ball handling more than anybody on the team outside of CP3 and maybe Crawford.

Clippersfan86
11-22-2012, 10:32 PM

Nice try though.

If you could understand context you would have been able to see that mentioning rondos defense and rebounding implied those were both things bledsoe was good at but what sets rondo apart is his ability to execute the offense.

I think you're both right. I've always seen him as a Lowry/Rondo hybrid type myself. Tony Parker/Rondo hybrid works too because of Bledsoe's fantastic ability to penetrate the lane and kick out or finish in traffic. Bledsoe's is a superior physical prospect to both of them though. He has Rondo's same alien wingspan and hands but with more speed and athleticism.

I don't think there are 10 physically more powerful guards in the entire NBA. Bledsoe regularly finishes with contact from centers and PF's and bowls them to the floor on screens pretty often. Dude is an animal strength wise.

Gram
11-22-2012, 10:33 PM

Nice try though.

Why don't you just go get banned again? :laugh2: Maybe if you tried proper, comprehensive grammar - mistakes like that wouldn't have been made. You know, commas and ****.

Read your post again, you said that the only thing comparable between the two is that they both played at UK and that neither was a good shooter. You said Rondo was great because of his defense, rebounding, playmaking and excecuting the offense. Not sure how you expect me, or anyone to see that you thought Bledsoe was good in rebounding and defensive regards, especially when you just said the only thing comparable between Rondo and Bled was UK and shooting.

Gram
11-22-2012, 10:39 PM
I'm not overrating him at all. I don't care if you're a UK guy... you watched him for one year, I have yet to miss a pro game of his and obviously my knowledge on his game is going to be more up to date than yours based on his UK days.

Bledsoe's scouting reports from his senior year in HS actually label him a pass first, unselfish PG. Not his fault UK screwed him over by recruiting him before Wall, then forcing him to play SG.

I've seen flashes of straight up brilliance. His turnovers are way down and his ability to create has been significantly improved. His passing and ballhandling were pretty terrible his rookie year and now are very respectable. I remember when he would handle the ball I'd just know a turnover was coming. Now I trust his ball handling more than anybody on the team outside of CP3 and maybe Crawford.

Weren't overrating him? How many Bledsoe is a better defender than Avery Bradley did I read from you last year? :laugh2: He was also my favourite player at UK, one of mine still. I've kept up with him as much as I can. Numbers, hilights, reports, etc. I had the Clips game on last night too.

Never said anything about him being a PG or an SG, nor did I ever say he was playing an improper position. Not sure why you started that argument.

Never knocked a single part of his game either, not sure why you're telling me this stuff. I know what he can do. And Crawford's ball handling > Bledsoe's.

Clippersfan86
11-22-2012, 10:46 PM
Weren't overrating him? How many Bledsoe is a better defender than Avery Bradley did I read from you last year? :laugh2: He was also my favourite player at UK, one of mine still. I've kept up with him as much as I can. Numbers, hilights, reports, etc. I had the Clips game on last night too.

Never said anything about him being a PG or an SG, nor did I ever say he was playing an improper position. Not sure why you started that argument.

Never knocked a single part of his game either, not sure why you're telling me this stuff. I know what he can do. And Crawford's ball handling > Bledsoe's.

And what do you know? Last time the topic was broached here most preferred Bledsoe this time around after they saw his better all around game than Bradley in the playoffs. Me saying Bledsoe>Bradley isn't relevant to this thread because we are talking about Bledsoe's potential, not comparisons like I did in the times you're referring to.

Not saying Bledsoe's ball handling is better than Crawford. Saying it's less risky often times and I don't cringe with the worry that it might be a turnover like I do with Crawford when he gets overly fancy.

I've never said the guy is going to be a perennial all star, HOF player or anything so how can I possibly be overrating him? Most I've said is very capable starter with possibly 1 or 2 all star appearances. My projections for him are similar to where Lowry is now. Borderline all star but very valuable and deadly PG who isn't quite a "star".

It's funny because people are slowly moving towards what I said two years ago. Last year he was a scrub to people, now he's being considered an elite back up player... and even some are seeing the all star potential I saw when he was starting for us in his rookie year.

He has such a special skillset, unique hustle and heart and a complete fearlessness to his game. Things you can't really teach.

Clippersfan86
11-22-2012, 10:49 PM
BTW quote me on this PSD. Eric Bledsoe will go down as the best shotblocking and offensive rebounding PG of ALL TIME. For those who haven't been lucky enough to watch Bledsoe play yet get started on these.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeETLod-Dk4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7q5hOPAlpM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNVv8JXyR8s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YA9slr7F0kI

bucketss
11-22-2012, 10:49 PM
a poor mans kyle lowry.

ChiSox219
11-22-2012, 10:57 PM
BTW quote me on this PSD. Eric Bledsoe will go down as the best shotblocking and offensive rebounding PG of ALL TIME. For those who haven't been lucky enough to watch Bledsoe play yet get started on these.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeETLod-Dk4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7q5hOPAlpM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNVv8JXyR8s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YA9slr7F0kI

I've never seen anyone his height get so many put backs, it's amazing.

bucketss
11-22-2012, 10:59 PM
a slightly better marcus banks

Clippersfan86
11-22-2012, 11:01 PM
I've never seen anyone his height get so many put backs, it's amazing.

Yup... his offensive rebound rate was tops in the NBA last year among all guards. His shotblocking rate was easily 1st in the NBA among PG's and 2nd among all guards, barely behind Wade. Steals rate was 3rd or 4th in the NBA too.

Tip jams and blocks are a daily thing for this kid and what's more impressive is it's not limited to little players he's doing this to. He's blocking PF's and C's.... and he's getting tip jams in the paint while guys like Duncan are trying to box him out. This is a 6'0 or 6'1 kid doing this kind of dirt on bigmen. He's got a 6'8 wingspan, weighs 205 pounds and has a 40 inch vert though... so he's got too many weapons for most to match up with.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_xFAk-W8ntrI/TN9hGLOFymI/AAAAAAAAAGg/EKIdy0GvN3k/s1600/eric_bledsoe3.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-ePRYBNaS4

Blue_Ninja
11-22-2012, 11:08 PM
He has the talent to be the best defensive point guard in the league and if he improves his outside shooting he can become an all-star. Stats show he is an already great defender (ie stealing) but his on-ball skill needs work. On offense - besides driving he needs to improve his all around game including passing and outside shooting. The talent is defiantly there to become great. I just don't know if he will get the chance to show off his talents as a starter. He could be a poor mans John Wall if John Wall reaches his potential.

Clippersfan86
11-22-2012, 11:09 PM
http://hoopspeak.com/2012/11/eric-the-amazing/

Good read breaks down his huge impact with Synergy Sports, other metrics and general analysis from 2 days ago. Bledsoe singlehandedly collapsed the Memphis offense in the playoffs when he came on the court as shown in the graphs. Which is no surprise for those of us who watched him obliterate Conley, Mayo and Allen.

MrfadeawayJB
11-22-2012, 11:17 PM
top 15 pg in the league

Clippersfan86
11-22-2012, 11:22 PM
top 15 pg in the league

:clap: people keep calling him "scrub" and "nothing but role player caliber type" and it's annoying.

"Iím absolutely out of my mind about Eric Bledsoe. I love everything he does. Chauncey Billups is going to eat in to his minutes once he returns, but Bledsoe is a momentum swing waiting to happen whenever heís on the court. He can do it all on both ends of the floor, which is amazing considering heís barely (not) six feet tall. If the Clippers were ever to trade him, or Chris Paul went down for an extended period of time, then Eric Bledsoe would be a top 10 PG. Thatís right, if Eric Bledsoe got starters minutes he would EASILY be a top 10 point guard."

This is from a Fantasy Basketball article couple days ago and today Lakers guys Mason+Ireland and the Kamenetzky brothers all said Bledsoe would be a top 10 PG no question if he was a starter.

RonE Coleman
11-22-2012, 11:22 PM
Why don't you just go get banned again? :laugh2: Maybe if you tried proper, comprehensive grammar - mistakes like that wouldn't have been made. You know, commas and ****.

Read your post again, you said that the only thing comparable between the two is that they both played at UK and that neither was a good shooter. You said Rondo was great because of his defense, rebounding, playmaking and excecuting the offense. Not sure how you expect me, or anyone to see that you thought Bledsoe was good in rebounding and defensive regards, especially when you just said the only thing comparable between Rondo and Bled was UK and shooting.

This is a forum.

If you can't understand what I wrote I think you should seriously consider enlisting in some English classes.

THE FACT THAT I SAID HE PLAYS A LOT LIKE LOWRY IMPLIES he is a good defender and rebounder... I also said he fills up the stat sheet.

So like I said, learn to read :facepalm:

Clippersfan86
11-22-2012, 11:24 PM
This is a forum.

If you can't understand what I wrote I think you should seriously consider enlisting in some English classes.

THE FACT THAT I SAID HE PLAYS A LOT LIKE LOWRY IMPLIES he is a good defender and rebounder... I also said he fills up the stat sheet.

I'd say "poor man's Lowry" is the closest comparison probably but with Rondo's more freakish physical attributes. He's a better athlete than both though quite easily. Thing is being a "poor man's Lowry" at just 22 years old with not much opportunity isn't a bad place to be. He has the upside to surpass Lowry in the right system with the right minutes.

b@llhog24
11-22-2012, 11:43 PM

Nice try though.

Kind of freaky how that all works out huh?

Gram
11-22-2012, 11:54 PM
This is a forum.

Read b@llhog24's post.

Stop acting like you know basketball. Stop acting like you typed something after someone proved you wrong.

Daze9900
11-23-2012, 12:00 AM
baby lebron

Heediot
11-23-2012, 02:17 PM
"Iím absolutely out of my mind about Eric Bledsoe. I love everything he does. Chauncey Billups is going to eat in to his minutes once he returns, but Bledsoe is a momentum swing waiting to happen whenever heís on the court. He can do it all on both ends of the floor, which is amazing considering heís barely (not) six feet tall. If the Clippers were ever to trade him, or Chris Paul went down for an extended period of time, then Eric Bledsoe would be a top 10 PG. Thatís right, if Eric Bledsoe got starters minutes he would EASILY be a top 10 point guard."

I don't know about easily, PG is the most talented and deepest position in the league.

ReconZach
11-23-2012, 02:44 PM
He is a more athletic Kyle Lowry. Dude has become my favorite non Laker. I would love to see him in a Lakers jersey one day!! Get it done Mitch

DeRozan10
11-24-2012, 05:42 AM
absolutely love this kid

sorry clipper fans, but i would love to see this kid get some major burn on another team....

DeRozan10
12-27-2012, 02:02 AM
#FreeBledsoe

haha man I want to see Bledsoe dealt. I would love watching this kid play 30+ minutes a game.

I think the Clips could get a nice piece or two for him as well to help put them over the top and make them a serious ****ing title threat.

Becks2307
12-27-2012, 03:14 AM
Bledsoe is a beast. I can see 20 and 7 if he was a feature guard on a good team.

THE MTL
12-27-2012, 04:04 AM
It's already happening

Wall is injured

Guppyfighter
12-27-2012, 04:12 AM
Wall is injured

You haven't met Douglas.

c.c.
12-27-2012, 04:52 AM
All I see is another Russell Westbrook (and no, that's not a bad thing). Any doubters are liars.

kingsdelez24
12-27-2012, 05:22 AM
Wall is injured

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20070106161417/uncyclopedia/images/c/c1/CaptobviousChooseOption.gif

sunsfan88
12-27-2012, 07:06 AM
All I see is another Russell Westbrook (and no, that's not a bad thing). Any doubters are liars.

Westbrook has a better jumper but athleticism wise you may be right.

fresh prince
12-27-2012, 07:21 AM

He has elite speed strength quickness and ball handling skills. He is also an elite on ball defender and an absolute terrific finisher at the rim.I'm getting the feeling most people in this thread haven't seen enough of this kid play. He has the potential to be a special player. He's like a mini LeBron from an athleticism perspective. 18 6 and 8 with 2.5 steals will be the typical Bledsoe season with starters minutes.

Hawkamania
12-27-2012, 07:30 AM

He never backed up Wall, Bledsoe started at SG while at UK.

Jint.
12-27-2012, 08:30 AM
low: Moochie Norris

high: Kevin Johnson

SportsFanatic13
12-27-2012, 09:28 AM
The Hornets were crazy for not including him in the CP3

SportsFanatic13
12-27-2012, 09:29 AM
The Hornets were crazy for not including him in the CP3 deal

LongWayFromHome
12-27-2012, 01:20 PM

Clippersfan86
12-27-2012, 02:54 PM
The Hornets actually DID demand Bledsoe in the deal but were talked down by the Clippers who basically gave them the choice of the Minny pick which ended up being 10 or Bledsoe. What most people don't know is CP3 had Bledsoe in HS at one of his basketball camps and saw his potential. After playing together during lockout CP3 loved his upside and wanted to mentor him so CP3 actually told the Clippers to keep Bledsoe at all costs according to Neil Olshey.

sunsfan88
12-27-2012, 03:53 PM

Becks2307
12-27-2012, 03:54 PM

Cracka2HI!
12-27-2012, 05:56 PM
#FreeBledsoe

haha man I want to see Bledsoe dealt. I would love watching this kid play 30+ minutes a game.

I think the Clips could get a nice piece or two for him as well to help put them over the top and make them a serious ****ing title threat.

I don't disagree, but Bledsoe is one of those pieces. He's probably the 3rd or 4th best player on the team. I'm hoping he can turn into a SG like he played in college. He has the length and defense to play the 2 depsite his height!