PDA

View Full Version : If the heat and lakers do meet in the finals...

LoveMeOrHateMe
11-21-2012, 01:48 PM
Who would benefit more if their team won Lebron or Kobe?
Whose legacy will get bigger with another championship? Fmvp?
What would people say?

justinnum1
11-21-2012, 01:50 PM
if kobe cant win a ring with his help, that says a lot.

Im_in_Mia_bish
11-21-2012, 01:50 PM
lol... just stop dude.

im sure people on PSD are sick and tired of reading about the heat or lakers.

LongIslandIcedZ
11-21-2012, 01:53 PM
Honestly, both guys should have no problem winninh with their current team's. Pressure is always on Lebron more though.

Er1c
11-21-2012, 01:54 PM
these threads are getting old lol

PC
11-21-2012, 01:57 PM

...and when LeBron didn't win his first year?

Lakers Heat would be a great series so I'm not sure if you're trying to imply the Lakers are that much better than the Heat? Or maybe you're just hedging your bets to put the Lakers in a lose-lose situation...

dh144498
11-21-2012, 02:02 PM

Lakers Heat would be a great series so I'm not sure if you're trying to imply the Lakers are that much better than the Heat? Or maybe you're just hedging your bets to put the Lakers in a lose-lose situation...

:clap:
insecue Lebron stan exposed.

Public Enemy #1
11-21-2012, 02:03 PM
What would people say?

Benefit more from this would obviously be Lebron James. He needs more championships to build up his legacy unlike Kobe who is already proven with 5.

Legacy Getting Bigger with Another Ring: Again, obviously Lebron.

It's too bad we might be subjected to a Lebron/Kobe Finals matchup this late in Kobe's career. I would have wanted to see this matchup in 2009 because Kobe had not yet lost a step. He's still great, but it still won't be the same if Lakers make it to the Finals.

Dade County
11-21-2012, 02:04 PM
Wade dominating the Match up, and the HEAT winning the series... Will really help Wade legacy in the media eyes ( not to me, I already know how good Wade is ).

If the Lakers get to the Finals, that might keep Howard in a Lakers jersey ( I said might ).

SteBO
11-21-2012, 02:05 PM
Honestly, both guys should have no problem winninh with their current team's. Pressure is always on Lebron more though.
Yup. Kobe has how any titles? Sorry, while another ring would place Kobe with Jordan in the ring count, he still wouldn't come close to MJ all-time. Nobody would. LBJ still has something to prove to many, since the media is so infatuated with rings it's sickening.

ManningToTyree
11-21-2012, 02:06 PM

:eyebrow:

SteBO
11-21-2012, 02:09 PM

:clap:
insecue Lebron stan exposed.

:eyebrow:
While I agree with this in general, the one fanbase that ridicules LBJ in regards to what it is being discussed is the Lakers. Not trying to put them on blast here, since I know where they're coming from, but they were the first ones to start with the bull**** when LBJ lost in the 2011 Finals on here. If things don't pan out the way they want it to, they'd better expect pushback, because the treatment LBJ receieved from them in particular on this board was unwarranted and unfair.

Regardless, Kobe has nothing left to prove. His legacy has been set in stone already. So it's a non-issue to me at least.

nickdymez
11-21-2012, 02:11 PM

It took Lebron 2 tries to win it with his help. How is Kobe any different? Are you saying that the Lakers are a better team than the Heat?

Hawkeye15
11-21-2012, 02:12 PM
Kobe already has the accomplished, top 10 career. It would bode much better for LeBron's career at this point.

Jesse2272
11-21-2012, 02:17 PM
Although Im not a fan of either team my eyes would be glued to the TV

ztilzer31
11-21-2012, 02:18 PM
I don't think Kobe will take any blame if the Lakers lose. It'll all be on Pau/Dwight/D`Antoni. Lakers fans don't blame Kobe for anything.

nickdymez
11-21-2012, 02:19 PM
I don't think Kobe will take any blame if the Lakers lose. It'll all be on Pau/Dwight/D`Antoni. Lakers fans don't blame Kobe for anything.

Why should we?

Jesse2272
11-21-2012, 02:26 PM
Why should we?

I have no emotional attachment to Kobe

exactly, why should they he plays balls out every game

Public Enemy #1
11-21-2012, 02:27 PM
Why should we?

Because as great Kobe is, he's a God-Awful leader. He doesn't know how to communicate with his teammates. All he does is yell and criticize them. Leaders always take the blame no matter what and hold themselves accountable. They don't make excuses and ***** about their team. Kobe does the opposite, he never takes the blame, he always *****es and complains if things aren't going his way.

You can be the biggest Laker homer of all time, but if you can't recognize that, I don't know what to say. :laugh:

Kobe is an all time great shooting guard, but he *****es too much.

Jesse2272
11-21-2012, 02:31 PM
Because as great Kobe is, he's a God-Awful leader. He doesn't know how to communicate with his teammates. All he does is yell and criticize them. Leaders always take the blame no matter what and hold themselves accountable. They don't make excuses and ***** about their team. Kobe does the opposite, he never takes the blame, he always *****es and complains if things aren't going his way.

You can be the biggest Laker homer of all time, but if you can't recognize that, I don't know what to say. :laugh:

Thats who Kobe is

Obviously its been effective

nickdymez
11-21-2012, 02:32 PM

Is he YOUR teamate? And someone like Andrew Bynum comes to mind more than Kobe when I think terrible teamate. He doesnt try hard and could really care less if his team wins or not. I've played sports all my life and i would rather have a guy who gives everything on the field/court, than a guy who doesnt care. I would love to be Kobe's teamate because I know he's going to give his all and he is not worried about being my friend, just winning.

nickdymez
11-21-2012, 02:33 PM
Thats who Kobe is

Exactly my point

Htownballa1622
11-21-2012, 02:33 PM
Thats who Kobe is

THAT hasn't been effective.

The lakers having great teams DESPITE kobes ***** *** attitude has been effective.

Jesse2272
11-21-2012, 02:36 PM
Exactly my point

Cosigned

Jesse2272
11-21-2012, 02:39 PM
THAT hasn't been effective.

The lakers having great teams DESPITE kobes ***** *** attitude has been effective.

Elaborate how Kobe is completely discounted from the results of those lakers teams?

Respectfully that doesn't make sense to me

Bob Knight was unorthodox did his antics play no role in his success and failures

same as Kobe to me

Kobe is Kobe not every result he causes is success but not everything is a failure make sense?

Htownballa1622
11-21-2012, 02:44 PM
Elaborate how Kobe is completely discounted from the results of those lakers teams?

Respectfully that doesn't make sense to me

Bob Knight was unorthodox did his antics play no role in his success and failures

same as Kobe to me

Kobe is Kobe not every result he causes is success but not everything is a failure make sense?

No i replied because u said that it has been effective. I was saying his attitude has not helped them win. Kobe has contributed but they won as a team despite his attitude.

And nowhere in my post did i discount Kobe.

Jesse2272
11-21-2012, 02:47 PM
No i replied because u said that it has been effective. I was saying his attitude has not helped them win. Kobe has contributed but they won as a team despite his attitude.

And nowhere in my post did i discount Kobe.

Kobe as Kobe has worked more than not

that's all I was stating as my personal point

Htownballa1622
11-21-2012, 02:49 PM
Kobe as Kobe has worked more than not

that's all I was stating as my personal point

Yes, i agree Kobe has worked.

Money_23
11-21-2012, 02:51 PM
what makes Kobe great is also what makes him not great. If you guys catch my drift.

Jesse2272
11-21-2012, 02:54 PM
what makes Kobe great is also what makes him not great. If you guys catch my drift.

:confused:

Money_23
11-21-2012, 03:00 PM
Kobe is perhaps one of the top 5 most talented players to ever play. But his sense of heroism and forcing alot of bad shots is what brought his potential peak down. his peak was great, but it could have been alot better, imo.
He doesn't care what people think or say about him, he keeps doing his thing. That is both a blessing and a curse. Because by not adjusting his old ways of playing, though being such a tremendous scorer, he is always scorned for being a ballhog and not efficient. At the same time, his drive and determination and ability to box out his critics have continued to help him improve his game.

mngopher35
11-21-2012, 03:08 PM
It would mean more to James career since so many people focus only on rings. Also I could see the Lakers winning it all and Dwight getting fmvp, but if heat win I don't really see anyone but lebron getting fmvp. Although you could argue Kobe having a dominant season ending with a fmvp boosts him into top 5 all time (not saying he will, it just becomes debateable). I didn't think kobe would move up any more at this point in his career but if he continues this play all the way through a championship it would be pretty amazing.

LoveMeOrHateMe
11-21-2012, 03:10 PM
While I agree with this in general, the one fanbase that ridicules LBJ in regards to what it is being discussed is the Lakers. Not trying to put them on blast here, since I know where they're coming from, but they were the first ones to start with the bull**** when LBJ lost in the 2011 Finals on here. If things don't pan out the way they want it to, they'd better expect pushback, because the treatment LBJ receieved from them in particular on this board was unwarranted and unfair.

Regardless, Kobe has nothing left to prove. His legacy has been set in stone already. So it's a non-issue to me at least.

Disagree on Kobe's legacy already set in stone he hasn't retired yet he's still got a lot of things he can do before be retires he can still move up on the all-time list

ewing
11-21-2012, 03:10 PM
What would people say?

Whoever is happier

Both

lots of dumb things

LoveMeOrHateMe
11-21-2012, 03:13 PM

I guess bird Jordan etc. were also horrible leaders then, MJ punched and criticized his teammates as well. The double standard Kobe gets is sad... I'll take a bad leader that has won 5 rings to 1 that has won none

Hawkize31
11-21-2012, 03:24 PM
I think it would help Lebron more.

The big argument for Kobe over Lebron is 5 titles vs 1. 5 is a ridiculous amount, Lebron may never get there. But, if they match up head to head, and Lebron's team wins, that will erase a lot of the "title gap" between the two I think.

SirSkyHook
11-21-2012, 03:43 PM
It's helps Kobe the most is he wins and gets FMVP, and it hurts Lebron more and EVERYONE KNOWS THIS!! No more excuses man. I have never seen a player get so many passes for not getting it done in my life. Yes he has great stats but YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME! lol and like every great through time that is what he be judged on.

If Kobe wins in his 17th year with all that mileage on his legs as a players who by many has been kicked out the top 5 in the league, and he plays at an high enough level to be FMVP, and its against a player who many say is the best in the game and is considered to be better than he ever was :rolleyes:, I mean you would have to be a hater or a homer to say his legacy is set in stone and theirs nothing he can to bolster it. His legacy ends when he's retired and a win over Lebron helps, also he would be 6-2 in the Finals.

A loss would hurt Lebron more becuase it would for one discount his first ring. In order to validate his lock out ring he has to do like Duncan and prove he can do it on regular terms also. The second thing that will hurt his legacy will be that if he lost he will be 1-4 in the Finals and even if he wins three more after that it put him at 4-4 , and you cant get in a top ten like that. Third way it would be damaging is that it would be a loss to Kobe. People are already saying he's greater than Kobe, and are using his stats to prove it, so its Stats vs Rings and who performs the best on that stage, and if he lets a 17th seasoned vet out perform him, who he is again seen as better than he can kiss top 5 ever goodbye. That lost will barley make him a top 10 canidate. Again I dont think a players legacy can be writtten until he retires but some things are damaging and can taint it.

SteBO
11-21-2012, 03:46 PM
Disagree on Kobe's legacy already set in stone he hasn't retired yet he's still got a lot of things he can do before be retires he can still move up on the all-time list
Eh, maybe. I won't discount it, but I don't how much can he move up. I think he's top 10 all time now personally, and I don't think that changes even with another championship ring. We'll see though. There's still ball to be played....

Jesse2272
11-21-2012, 03:48 PM
Eh, maybe. I won't discount it, but I don't how much can he move up. I think he's top 10 all time now personally, and I don't think that changes even with another championship ring. We'll see though. There's still ball to be played....

Kobe def pushes the MJ argument but does anyone ever touch god :D

Is the MJ argument even within reasonable disucssion

justinnum1
11-21-2012, 03:52 PM
kobe won't sniff MJ. MJ was the best player on his team when he won his rings, cant say the same for kobe.

Gibby23
11-21-2012, 03:54 PM
kobe won't sniff MJ. MJ was the best player on his team when he won his rings, cant say the same for kobe.

Also the thing MJ did with home court advantage! No player will ever touch that. Damn that Home court advantage..

SteBO
11-21-2012, 03:55 PM
Also the thing MJ did with home court advantage! No player will ever touch that. Damn that Home court advantage..
Hahaha :laugh2: