PDA

View Full Version : Kobe MVP Candidate?

Pages : [1] 2

C-Style
11-21-2012, 02:23 AM
I think so, 5-1 run... And just carried the Lakers to a late win vs Nets.

26/6/6 on 53/90/40 TS64 Per28

49ersLALSFGiant
11-21-2012, 02:24 AM
Without question. He has the best +\- in the league

Avenged
11-21-2012, 02:25 AM
So far yes, he's a candidate. Needs to get the W's up, and maintain this efficiency for a chance.

JNA17
11-21-2012, 02:26 AM
Bad time to make this post. Nets fans and Knicks fans (for some reason) are to going to troll all over this thread.

KB-Pau-DH2012
11-21-2012, 02:27 AM
Nope. He raped that white girl in the butt. Also, he began his career as a backup singer to Eddie Jones.

Avenged
11-21-2012, 02:28 AM
Bad time to make this post. Nets fans and Knicks fans (for some reason) are to going to troll all over this thread.

How? He's had a GREAT season - one of his best. I don't see how anyone can say otherwise.

JNoel
11-21-2012, 02:29 AM
Is he a candidate? Yes. Will he win the MVP? Most likely not, especially not over young stars like LeBron, Durant, or Howard.

sunsfan88
11-21-2012, 02:30 AM
ROFL the first 7 posts are all Laker fans...haha not anything about it but its just funny.

JNoel
11-21-2012, 02:35 AM
ROFL the first 7 posts are all Laker fans...haha not anything about it but its just funny.

???

I'm not a Kobe or Laker fan, but the numbers he's putting up enables him to at least be considered a candidate.

LAKERMANIA
11-21-2012, 02:36 AM
Candidate? Yes

Will he win? Most likely not

YouCan'tBeatLA
11-21-2012, 02:38 AM
I think Howard is going to be the MVP this year.

C-Style
11-21-2012, 02:42 AM
Is he a candidate? Yes. Will he win the MVP? Most likely not, especially not over young stars like LeBron, Durant, or Howard.

True, but if he keeps this up, he's got a fair shot

boobsandgravy
11-21-2012, 03:05 AM
nope. He raped that white girl in the butt. Also, he began his career as a backup singer to eddie jones.

lolllll

LAKERMANIA
11-21-2012, 03:06 AM
Nope. He raped that white girl in the butt. Also, he began his career as a backup singer to Eddie Jones.

:laugh: Ok... That made me laugh, well played sir.

Andrew32
11-21-2012, 03:08 AM
Candidate? Yes.
Realistic Candidate? No.

Kobe is balling right now but it's only been 8-11 games.
I think after 30-40 games his averages will be significantly lower then they are now.

I think Lebron, Durant and even Dwight are more realistic candidates.

Andrew32
11-21-2012, 03:08 AM

How many times are you gonna use that same joke?
This is like the 5th thread in the last two days you've posted it in.

Boooo I want new material.

Aust
11-21-2012, 03:13 AM
He's in the mix with a bunch of other people

Greedy22
11-21-2012, 03:15 AM
As of right now, absolutely. He hasn't looked this good and this healthy since 08-09/beginning of 09-10 pre fractured finger. I also love that he's keeping his FGA attempts down.

C-Style
11-21-2012, 03:17 AM
Candidate? Yes.
Realistic Candidate? No.

I think after 30-40 games his averages will be significantly lower then they are now.

Wrong word. He can "realistically" win. Expected? maybe not

boobsandgravy
11-21-2012, 03:19 AM
Wrong word. He can "realistically" win. Expected? maybe not

uh oh.. i can definitely sense it already.. andrew32 about to go all in on this comment. destiny awaits..

bluefire7002
11-21-2012, 03:20 AM

:laugh:
I know exactly which poster this originally came from and I lol every time.

JNoel
11-21-2012, 03:22 AM

Candidate? Yes

Will he win? Most likely not

Candidate? Yes.
Realistic Candidate? No.

:hi5:

Nick O
11-21-2012, 03:23 AM
no its going to be Jack taylor

bluefire7002
11-21-2012, 03:25 AM
no its going to be Jack taylor

Scalabrine says hi

STL Don
11-21-2012, 03:25 AM
He can very well "realistically" earn the award. Playing on a team with more talent than the LA has had in the past few years increases his chances and if he continues putting up close to the same numbers, he'll have a great shot.
Him, LeBron, Durant, Paul, Howard. It'll most likely be awarded to one of them.

C-Style
11-21-2012, 03:33 AM
He can very well "realistically" earn the award. Playing on a team with more talent than the LA has had in the past few years increases his chances and if he continues putting up close to the same numbers, he'll have a great shot.
Him, LeBron, Durant, Paul, Howard. It'll most likely be awarded to one of them.

Best post yet, too bad we can't rep

Baller1
11-21-2012, 03:37 AM
Yes, so far this season he's been right there with Lebron and Durant. Pains me to admit that.

Still don't think he wins it this season though.

Chavacano
11-21-2012, 03:38 AM
MVP candidate... so far? Yeah.

Candidate? Yes.
Realistic Candidate? No.

^^ The question is simple enough to warrant a simple answer. I don't see the need to spice things up. :shrug:

Chronz
11-21-2012, 03:54 AM
Hes been the best player in the league but the Lakers record needs a bump. Even then, I think the voters will overlook him because of the Dwight thing.

Lakers + Giants
11-21-2012, 04:11 AM
Hes been the best player in the league but the Lakers record needs a bump. Even then, I think the voters will overlook him because of the Dwight thing.

Completely agree. Don't see how Dwight or Kobe can win MVP with the amount of big name talent on the team.

It's going to end up being Lebron, Durant or CP3.

basketfan4life
11-21-2012, 04:26 AM
Lebron isn't playing with scrubs you know. If he got that last year, having a great team shouldn't prevent taking away MVP.

But my vote goes to C.Paul right know.

Ebbs
11-21-2012, 04:36 AM
Yea absolutely he's in my top 4 at the moment

Mcdoh
11-21-2012, 04:40 AM
yup..

NYYCowboys
11-21-2012, 04:45 AM
Right now yes. Will he be able to sustain this kind of production? I don't think so. In the end it'll probably be Lebron.

shep33
11-21-2012, 05:09 AM
If he keeps this up for an entire year, then I think he can win it. LBJ, Durant, and even Dwight will be in the mix.

Dwight having a strong year so far and he's not even 100%... still has no Nash to go P&R either. Dude is still averaging 20 ppg, 12 rpg 3 bpg on 62% shooting.

Heck if he got his ft% up to like 55% he'd be averaging another 20 ppg :p

Trueblue2
11-21-2012, 05:42 AM
How many times are you gonna use that same joke?
This is like the 5th thread in the last two days you've posted it in.

Boooo I want new material.

When you post 50 times a day you're bound to have some repeat posts.

SportsFanatic10
11-21-2012, 07:03 AM
he's definitely in the running if he keeps up this level of play and the wins start piling up which they will. i don't think he'll be able to maintain this level of play however but we'll see.

SteBO
11-21-2012, 07:07 AM
I'm not sure Kobe can keep this up in terms of his efficiency, but the fact that he's done this over 11 games at his age is impressive. Definitely an MVP candidate.....no question about that.

JasonJohnHorn
11-21-2012, 10:38 AM
I laughed out loud when I read this one. Thanks...

Seriously though, yes, he is a candidate, but I think by the end of the season he won't even be in the top five for voting.

I think if the votes were collected today, Tim Duncan would come away with the MVP award. He is palying amazing basketball right now.

And going against Kobe is the fact he plays with Dwight. Dwight is also a candidate at this point. His rebounding and defense is immensely improtant to LAL (even if his missing free throws is keeping games closer than they aught to be). I think teams are going to starting bring out the "Hack-a-Howard" method.... lol.

He needs to call Shaq up and get some tips ;-)

JasonJohnHorn
11-21-2012, 10:39 AM
Lebron isn't playing with scrubs you know. If he got that last year, having a great team shouldn't prevent taking away MVP.

Right now LBJ IS playing with scrubs... he's leading his team in point, rebounds and assists... it's like he's in cleveland all over again...

dh144498
11-21-2012, 10:56 AM
Right now LBJ IS playing with scrubs... he's leading his team in point, rebounds and assists... it's like he's in cleveland all over again...

I wouldn't go that far....

thenaj17
11-21-2012, 11:21 AM
Completely agree. Don't see how Dwight or Kobe can win MVP with the amount of big name talent on the team.

Same was said about LeBron and Wade being with each other and Bosh. Now Heat have Ray Allen along with Rashard Lewis, Shane Battier, Mike Miller.

The Heat is probably the most stacked team in years

If Kobe keeps up this level of play and Lakers finish with 60 wins, i think he gets it

thenaj17
11-21-2012, 11:24 AM

This is probably the most idiotic post on PSD outside of any 3RDASYSTEM posts.

Wade, Bosh, Battier, Ray Allen, Rashard Lewis, Chalmers, J Anthony

Do you actually watch games or just check box scores?

bucketss
11-21-2012, 11:29 AM

best player on the best team or one of the best teams is usually who takes it if kobe continues his play he is deff, a serious candidate. impressive if he gets another mvp at his age:speechless:

Twins Fanatic
11-21-2012, 11:44 AM
He's always been a MVP candidate.

justinnum1
11-21-2012, 11:45 AM
Lebron
Durant
Cp3

Chronz
11-21-2012, 11:46 AM

Yea but Bron didn't win it until year 2 with that new team. Nash going down should help Kobe's stock but people are still going to resent Dwights actions and it will trinkle down to the entire team I think.

RLundi
11-21-2012, 11:48 AM
Not right now, but he will be once the Lakers start winning more consistently.

But the man is playing out of his mind right now. His efficiency is off the charts (for him, that is). But I think if it comes down to LeBron and Kobe, LeBron will probably win it, but I'd like to see some variety with this award and not LeBron EVERY SINGLE YEAR.

justinnum1
11-21-2012, 11:50 AM

But the man is playing out of his mind right now. His efficiency is off the charts (for him, that is). But I think if it comes down to LeBron and Kobe, LeBron will probably win it, but I'd like to see some variety with is award and not LeBron EVERY SINGLE YEAR.

He is by far the best player in the league. It gets tiring after a while seeing him win, but does it make it right to give the award to a less deserving player?

RLundi
11-21-2012, 11:52 AM
He is by far the best player in the league. It gets tiring after a while seeing him win, but does it make it right to give the award to a less deserving player?

Let's not get into a discussion of best player in the league vs most valuable player for that SEASON.

BklynKnicks3
11-21-2012, 11:59 AM
some of u are really on dust its Melo right there with any1

RLundi
11-21-2012, 12:01 PM

No.

natelpete
11-21-2012, 12:01 PM
Let's not get into a discussion of best player in the league vs most valuable player for that SEASON.

That probably lessens Kobe's chances at an MVP.

Chronz
11-21-2012, 12:10 PM

This season? The Lakers have fallen apart when Kobe sits.

curtcocaine
11-21-2012, 12:23 PM
completely agree. Don't see how dwight or kobe can win mvp with the amount of big name talent on the team.

It's going to end up being lebron, durant or cp3.

the heat has big name talent la still plauon catch up ray ray of the bench!!! Come on son this post.

Kobe fa mvp!!!

dh144498
11-21-2012, 12:28 PM

not sure if trolling or just really really stupid.

sep11ie
11-21-2012, 12:46 PM
Hell yes! He's leading a team with no other stars or role players to a .500 record.

3RDASYSTEM
11-21-2012, 01:00 PM

Well at least you're right on point with both things

my inside strong sources told me same thing when it happened, that he ripped her bootyhole open and her BF was upset so she cried wolf(rape)

and im glad i could educate the psd dummies on here that being a backup singer to JONES/SCOTT/VANEXEL is just downright comedy coming from a top 5 ever player, its like CHAPPELLE mixed with PRYOR with a lil MURPHY/MARTIN/J.FOXX, just superfunny

what do you call 7ppg as a rookie? its the same as PIPP avg when he first came in right?

is 7ppg a backup role or does it warrant a starting position in allstar game very next season?

its almost like you're bitter over the fact he was a backup and you had your head so far up his *** you forget,sorta like my homie who is fanatical about him forgot also,what a shame

moral of story: a backup guard is nothing special to fret over, sorry KOBEfiens, his work ethic is incredible for a backup guard turned starter..congrats

damn you fiens

LoveMeOrHateMe
11-21-2012, 01:06 PM

If that was the case then Lebron shouldn't win either with the stacked team he has as well

LoveMeOrHateMe
11-21-2012, 01:08 PM
Lakers win 60+ games and he keeps this up or something close to it and he'll be my choice for MVP it will be close between him and LBJ if that happens

3RDASYSTEM
11-21-2012, 01:10 PM
This season? The Lakers have fallen apart when Kobe sits.

Xactly

see how he wins everytime

i said during they last 3Finals in a row run that when he went to bench they would increase lead with PHIL as coach

now this yr they losing lead with him on it and they will pump him up for it now but tried to act like it didnt exist when it was opposite

wonderful world of a backupguard turned starter

just look at his mate(NASH) who was a backupguard at first also...they are making sure they tailor fit the style to fit his game

whatever happened to having to adapt/adjust your game(AI in DET?) to fit in? oh i get it, its NASH, he cant play no other way but to run and gun

talk about great players

LoveMeOrHateMe
11-21-2012, 01:10 PM

But the man is playing out of his mind right now. His efficiency is off the charts (for him, that is). But I think if it comes down to LeBron and Kobe, LeBron will probably win it, but I'd like to see some variety with this award and not LeBron EVERY SINGLE YEAR.

If it comes down to Kobe and lebron I think they would actually give it to Kobe sure the media has never been kind to Kobe but I think they are getting tired of always voting for lebron

Munkeysuit
11-21-2012, 01:14 PM
No lie, he's playing great but do you guys realize how much minutes he is playing? you do not want to burn him out and risk some injury. MVP? ...maybe

Im_in_Mia_bish
11-21-2012, 01:14 PM
Strong start by Kobe for the season.
Very very impressed with his play.

LoveMeOrHateMe
11-21-2012, 01:15 PM
And here comers 3rddasystem talking his back up bs about Kobe that everyone and their mothers laugh at, just because Kobe wasn't a starter right away doesn't mean **** he was a 18 yr old rookie playing with all-stars in Eddie jones and nick van-exel who do u think the coach would start a rookie who's still unproven or an already all-star caliber player?
But if it makes you feel better once Kobe started the lakers went on to win 3 titles in a row

nickdymez
11-21-2012, 01:15 PM

They won the last 7 of 8

3RDASYSTEM
11-21-2012, 01:16 PM
Wats the big deal about this

hasnt he been MVP candidate since 1997?

like the past 15yrs he is a top 2-3 player in the league bar none

so whats the big deal about him being in MVP convo or winning it?

he always could and will score

isnt he the modernday JORDAN or closest thing we've seen since?

now its about him being 'efficient' to win it? wow

heres comes the PER/WS% bs talk

MLB2K10King
11-21-2012, 01:18 PM
He's always a candidate, but he won't win. Realistically he should have about 3 MVP's

dh144498
11-21-2012, 01:20 PM
Wats the big deal about this

hasnt he been MVP candidate since 1997?

like the past 15yrs he is a top 2-3 player in the league bar none

so whats the big deal about him being in MVP convo or winning it?

he always could and will score

isnt he the modernday JORDAN or closest thing we've seen since?

now its about him being 'efficient' to win it? wow

heres comes the PER/WS% bs talk

he's playing his best all around game since 2008 (his MVP year), so there's no reason not to think he has a legitimate shot this year.

majmarcus
11-21-2012, 01:23 PM

LmfaO...

LoveMeOrHateMe
11-21-2012, 01:27 PM
He's always a candidate, but he won't win. Realistically he should have about 3 MVP's

This

el hidalgo
11-21-2012, 01:31 PM
This

realistically, he shouldnt have any MVP's. CP3 put up a godly season that year. kobe shouldnt have won that MVP, no doubt in my mind

Kobe: PER: 24.2 WS: 13.8 WS/48: .208 TS: .576 eFG: .503 AST%: 23.9

CP3: PER: 28.3 WS: 17.8 WS/48: 284 TS: .576 eFG: 524 AST% 52.4

CP3 was no doubt better than kobe and the MVP that year

Im_in_Mia_bish
11-21-2012, 01:32 PM
:catfight:

RLundi
11-21-2012, 01:34 PM
They won the last 7 of 8

Really? How so, since they only have 6 wins? :eyebrow:

I mean, in order for to be seriously considered, LA needs more than a 6-5 record.

Im_in_Mia_bish
11-21-2012, 01:37 PM
man kobe slurpers make it hard to appreciate kobe's great start.

sammyvine
11-21-2012, 01:38 PM

And heats fans are much better with lebron:rolleyes:

nickdymez
11-21-2012, 01:39 PM

I mean, in order for to be seriously considered, LA needs more than a 6-5 record.

lmao. I litteraly was coming in here to change that. hahahaha

nickdymez
11-21-2012, 01:40 PM

Yea man, because you Heat fans arent 100x worst with your god and king of the planet... :facepalm:

Im_in_Mia_bish
11-21-2012, 01:41 PM
And heats fans are much better with lebron:rolleyes:

both sides make it annoying, but kobe fans are worse. ask anyone with half a brain that isn't biased.

Im_in_Mia_bish
11-21-2012, 01:41 PM
Yea man, because you Heat fans arent 100x worst with your god and king of the planet... :facepalm:

dont generalize.

notice in my post i said "kobe slurpers" not laker fans.

thanks.

justinnum1
11-21-2012, 01:42 PM

el hidalgo
11-21-2012, 01:43 PM

really?... that is just a huge cop out. i dont see lebron nut-hugging at all on psd. the praise he gets is what he deserves. he is the greatest talent since jordan. he isnt talked about that much anyway.

MLB2K10King
11-21-2012, 01:44 PM
So because I think Kobe should have 3 MVP's I'm a Kobe Slurper, and because someone thinks Lebron James is the best player in the world they're a groupie? Why can't we just be fans of a player. Kobe was arguably the best player in the league for at least 5 years, without him his team would have been a complete after thought. He deserved an MVP trophy for at least three of those five years. And Lebron has proven the doubters wrong (I was one of them) Appreciate their greatness

Im_in_Mia_bish
11-21-2012, 01:46 PM
So because I think Kobe should have 3 MVP's I'm a Kobe Slurper, and because someone thinks Lebron James is the best player in the world they're a groupie? Why can't we just be fans of a player. Kobe was arguably the best player in the league for at least 5 years, without him his team would have been a complete after thought. He deserved an MVP trophy for at least three of those five years. And Lebron has proven the doubters wrong (I was one of them) Appreciate their greatness

are people on PSD this insecure?
did anyone say MLB2k10King is a kobe slurper?

i said kobe slurper, if you arent a kobe slurper than stfu.

jesus christ, so fckin insecure.

MELO 15
Look at the past 5 mvp, what do they have in common? Team records. I believe Melo will be this years mvp if they keep winning. And I dont see that changing

el hidalgo

what 3 years would you give kobe MVP?

LoveMeOrHateMe
11-21-2012, 01:50 PM

Who's slurping? We are just saying he should be and as a matter of fact has always been an MVP candidate if anything you haters make it hard to appreciate Kobe make excuses and ****

LoveMeOrHateMe
11-21-2012, 01:51 PM

realistically, he shouldnt have any MVP's. CP3 put up a godly season that year. kobe shouldnt have won that MVP, no doubt in my mind

:facepalm:

Im_in_Mia_bish
11-21-2012, 01:51 PM
Who's slurping? We are just saying he should be and as a matter of fact has always been an MVP candidate if anything you haters make it hard to appreciate Kobe make excuses and ****

? Kobe Slurpers. duh.

i dont care what you guys are saying. it has nothing to do with my comment.
i dont know why you guys are so defensive about these things.

LoveMeOrHateMe
11-21-2012, 01:52 PM
both sides make it annoying, but kobe fans are worse. ask anyone with half a brain that isn't biased.

Kobe fans aren't worse you know why because we don't think Kobe is the GOAT like you heat fans say lebron is some on you Should be embarrassed, so many of you disrespect the all time greats, and also we actually have respect for the elite teams unlike you guys think you are world beaters and no one comes close to you guys

Im_in_Mia_bish
11-21-2012, 01:53 PM
wow.. youre getting really defensive over what I said, that kinda tells us something.

Im_in_Mia_bish
11-21-2012, 01:54 PM
Kobe fans aren't worse you know why because we don't think Kobe is the GOAT like you heat fans say lebron is some on you Should be embarrassed, so many of you disrespect the all time greats

lol just stop. youre clearly full of shht.

WAYNEBO
11-21-2012, 01:54 PM
Kobe is absolutely in the running for MVP. He is drinking fountain of youth Haterade and taking no prisoners. It'll come down to Kobe, Lebron and Melo this year. I think Bron takes it again though... he can dominate every stat category for his team.

Im_in_Mia_bish
11-21-2012, 01:55 PM
Kobe is absolutely in the running for MVP. He is drinking fountain of youth Haterade and taking no prisoners. It'll come down to Kobe, Lebron and Melo this year. I think Bron takes it again though... he can dominate every stat category for his team.

Durant has to be in the mix as well.

long way to go, and its a matter of time before OKC starts rolling over the competition.

bluefire7002
11-21-2012, 01:56 PM
really?... that is just a huge cop out. i dont see lebron nut-hugging at all on psd. the praise he gets is what he deserves. he is the greatest talent since jordan. he isnt talked about that much anyway.

:laugh2: all hail king Lebron right?

I understand some Laker fans go way over board on Kobe, but you are not helping yourself when you go ahead and include statements like this about your favorite player.

el hidalgo
11-21-2012, 02:08 PM

I understand some Laker fans go way over board on Kobe, but you are not helping yourself when you go ahead and include statements like this about your favorite player.

its the truth, and im not a lebron fan. name a better talent since jordan

LoveMeOrHateMe
11-21-2012, 02:08 PM
lol just stop. youre clearly full of shht.

Only thing full of shut is your bandwagon fan base
*drops mic* I'm out!

LoveMeOrHateMe
11-21-2012, 02:09 PM
its the truth, and im not a lebron fan. name a better talent since jordan

The guy in your sig , You're Welcome

Im_in_Mia_bish
11-21-2012, 02:10 PM
Only thing full of shut is your bandwagon fan base
*drops mic* I'm out!

lol thats funny because the lakers have one of the biggest bandwagon fan bases in the nba.

Kobe2324
11-21-2012, 02:16 PM
absolutely, he looks young and enrgetic out there and I know everyobe is saying it's early, but try to remember the last time other than last through the first few game when he was this efficiant and looked this good. But it will come down to wins of course if he can keep his average in the 48-52% and average 26-28 ppg and perhaps win the west I would say that's a lock for mvp, anything shy of that will be difficult for him to win it...

LoveMeOrHateMe
11-21-2012, 02:23 PM
lol thats funny because the lakers have one of the biggest bandwagon fan bases in the nba.

We might but that comes with the territory we also probably have the most loyal fans as well, I mean people do like winners

Baller1
11-21-2012, 02:24 PM

Lebron IS the greatest talent since Jordan. What exactly is so funny about that?

LoveMeOrHateMe
11-21-2012, 02:24 PM
absolutely, he looks young and enrgetic out there and I know everyobe is saying it's early, but try to remember the last time other than last through the first few game when he was this efficiant and looked this good. But it will come down to wins of course if he can keep his average in the 48-52% and average 26-28 ppg and perhaps win the west I would say that's a lock for mvp, anything shy of that will be difficult for him to win it...

Exactly lakers must have a top 3 record at seasons end to even give Kobe a shot at MVP!

LoveMeOrHateMe
11-21-2012, 02:26 PM
Lebron IS the greatest talent since Jordan. What exactly is so funny about that?

Never heard anybody say that actually I've always heard people say Kobe is/was and probably always will be the closest thing to MJ In terms of the way he plays the game, his skillset, his killer instinct and idgaf mentality... Look it up

nickdymez
11-21-2012, 02:36 PM

Is that what you think?

bluefire7002
11-21-2012, 02:39 PM

I disagree but think what you want... If you mean Athleticism wise, with his size... Than yea maybe. Dont know what exact "talents" you mean.

As far as hidalgo saying that... People will always say that to make a player look better (finding a way to rank em up next to Jordan). Kobe is the 2nd greatest SG of all time. See what I did there.

Does that mean Kobe or Lebron are cracking the top 3 players of all time? No

KB-Pau-DH2012
11-21-2012, 02:43 PM
Colby "she says stop, should I stop?" b.b. gun Brian zeeeeee gratest!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LY8rUhlC0xY

el hidalgo
11-21-2012, 02:45 PM
I disagree but think what you want... If you mean Athleticism wise, with his size... Than yea maybe. Dont know what exact "talents" you mean.

As far as hidalgo saying that... People will always say that to make a player look better (finding a way to rank em up next to Jordan). Kobe is the 2nd greatest SG of all time. See what I did there.

Does that mean Kobe or Lebron are cracking the top 3 players of all time? No

kobe wont be able to, but lebron will. youre just denying the truth if you cant admit that lebron is putting seasons only matched by the goat michael jordan. he is absolutely unreal, and i believe he will end as the 2nd greatest player of all time.

Im_in_Mia_bish
11-21-2012, 02:46 PM
We might but that comes with the territory we also probably have the most loyal fans as well, I mean people do like winners

:confused:

dh144498
11-21-2012, 02:47 PM
kobe wont be able to, but lebron will. youre just denying the truth if you cant admit that lebron is putting seasons only matched by the goat michael jordan. he is absolutely unreal, and i believe he will end as the 2nd greatest player of all time.

you mean M.J. has already put seasons that can only be matched by Lebron. Nice try on the order of history.

el hidalgo
11-21-2012, 02:50 PM
you mean M.J. has already put seasons that can only be matched by Lebron. Nice try on the order of history.

uh, no... that doesn't make sense. lebron is putting up seasons CURRENTLY that are only matched by jordan's PAST seasons. I was talking about lebron in present tense.

nice try with whatever you were doing there...

KB-Pau-DH2012
I don't get it, how can Kobe be the MVP if Wade is the best SG in the league?

LoveMeOrHateMe

:facepalm: :rolleyes::cool:

bluefire7002
11-21-2012, 02:51 PM
Colby "she says stop, should I stop?" b.b. gun Brian zeeeeee gratest!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LY8rUhlC0xY

lmao wtf did I just watch :laugh2:

dh144498
11-21-2012, 02:53 PM
uh, no... that doesn't make sense. lebron is putting up seasons CURRENTLY that are only matched by jordan's PAST seasons. I was talking about lebron in present tense.

nice try with whatever you were doing there...

wrong. Lebron can only match jordan because he is currently, not the other way around. Why would anyone say Jordan can match ___ ? makes no sense.

Nice try again.

bluefire7002
11-21-2012, 02:53 PM

Yea well you also have a picture of Kobe next to you're name so that shows you're reasoning :cool:

KB-Pau-DH2012
11-21-2012, 02:56 PM
Hey, could anyone let me know if Kobe's basement has a nice heating system? I'm strongly considering spending my Winter break there.

LAKERMANIA
11-21-2012, 03:01 PM
Lebron is a fantastic talent, but I'd say both Lebron and Kobe are the greatest talents since MJ.. You can't just leave Kobe out of that conversation, that's just unfair.

LoveMeOrHateMe
11-21-2012, 03:06 PM
How did this become a lebron GOAT thread?

bluefire7002
11-21-2012, 03:13 PM

Lol... It actually started because someone said Lebron is pretty much the 2nd greatest of all time and doesnt receive enough recognition of it around here :cool:

RaiderLakersA's
11-21-2012, 03:34 PM
It's too soon for this. Way too soon. Can't we just enjoy the start of the season without someone wanting to crown somebody with accolades???

Greedy22
11-21-2012, 06:30 PM

:confused: Lol quite the contradiction there.

kArSoN RyDaH
11-21-2012, 06:38 PM
I don't see how Kobe can't win MVP with these #s and a 1st or 2nd place Laker record. Even if he has a bunch of talent on the team, doesn't Lebron have a bunch of talent on his team too? And Durant? And CP3? That argument isn't going to last if you ask me.

If Kobe keeps this up, he will be hoisting his 2nd MVP trophy, and hopefully his 6th NBA finals MVP trophy too!

Andrew32
11-21-2012, 06:41 PM
I don't get it, how can Kobe be the MVP if Wade is the best SG in the league?
It has only been 1/8th of the season so far.
Kobe being "the best SG" is far from a given at this point.

Very possible Wade will surpass him by seasons end.

Supreme LA
11-21-2012, 07:08 PM
It has only been 1/8th of the season so far.
Kobe being "the best SG" is far from a given at this point.

Very possible Wade will surpass him by seasons end.

Just not very likely :eyebrow:

xxplayerxx23
11-21-2012, 07:21 PM
If he keeps this up, then yes he can win it. I still think its Lebrons or Durants with an outside chance of Melo.

Raps18-19 Champ
11-21-2012, 07:30 PM
He's top 3 so far.

If he keeps up his game and the Lakers are a top 4 team, he can possibly win depending on the performance of Durant and Lebron.

naps
11-21-2012, 07:59 PM
A candidate so far? Ofcourse. But I have hard time thinking a team can have two MVPs. Dwight hasn't been 100% but yet he's been ridiculous. Once Nash comes back Kobe will lose touches for sure. It's among LeBron, Durant, and CP3 if I had to put up three names up there.

Bruno
11-21-2012, 08:00 PM

people were saying the same thing about LeBron, Wade, and Boshes MVP chances when they teamed up. especially since they were ranked #1, #2, and #4 in 2010 regular season PER before teaming up together in Miami.

Bruno
11-21-2012, 08:01 PM
all of Kobes numbers will drop when Nash comes back, especially her PER. the question is- how much, and how efficient will he remain.

SugeKnight
11-21-2012, 08:05 PM
He's been playing like it

Andrew32
11-21-2012, 08:05 PM
Can we revisit this thread at a more appropriate time.

Damn it has only been 10 games you realize?

5ass
11-21-2012, 08:12 PM
people were saying the same thing about LeBron, Wade, and Boshes MVP chances when they teamed up. especially since they were ranked #1, #2, and #4 in 2010 regular season PER before teaming up together in Miami.

which is why lebron didnt win mvp his first year with the heat.
I dont see Kobe putting up the same numbers at the end of the season. He will cool off, but like i said before Kobe will most probably have his most efficient season this year. Im guessing something around 22-5-5 on 47-35-80%. MVP candidate? Sure... Does he really have a chance at winning it? No, not with the way Lebron and KD are playing and not when he isnt even the clear cut best player on his own team.

KobeOwnSU
11-21-2012, 08:17 PM
Can we revisit this thread at a more appropriate time.

Damn it has only been 10 games you realize?

Yeah but the Knicks can win the championship after 10 games right??

Andrew32
11-21-2012, 08:19 PM
Yeah but the Knicks can win the championship after 10 games right??

Did I ever say that?

KobeOwnSU
11-21-2012, 08:21 PM
LeBron is the best!! Go Heat!! Kobe sucks because he has never won anything without another great player!!!! LeBron just wins championships ******!!

KobeOwnSU
11-21-2012, 08:21 PM
Did I ever say that?

Oh, so the Knicks won't win the championship?

Andrew32
11-21-2012, 08:36 PM
Oh, so the Knicks won't win the championship?

Probably not, lol.

Chronz
11-21-2012, 08:47 PM
all of Kobes numbers will drop when Nash comes back, especially her PER. the question is- how much, and how efficient will he remain.

When did Kobe get a sex change? I kid ... I kid..

C-Style
11-21-2012, 09:01 PM

Lebron slurpers

LoveMeOrHateMe
11-21-2012, 09:16 PM
Lol... It actually started because someone said Lebron is pretty much the 2nd greatest of all time and doesnt receive enough recognition of it around here :cool:

Smh

b@llhog24
11-21-2012, 10:33 PM
Well at least you're right on point with both things

my inside strong sources told me same thing when it happened, that he ripped her bootyhole open and her BF was upset so she cried wolf(rape)

and im glad i could educate the psd dummies on here that being a backup singer to JONES/SCOTT/VANEXEL is just downright comedy coming from a top 5 ever player, its like CHAPPELLE mixed with PRYOR with a lil MURPHY/MARTIN/J.FOXX, just superfunny

what do you call 7ppg as a rookie? its the same as PIPP avg when he first came in right?

is 7ppg a backup role or does it warrant a starting position in allstar game very next season?

its almost like you're bitter over the fact he was a backup and you had your head so far up his *** you forget,sorta like my homie who is fanatical about him forgot also,what a shame

moral of story: a backup guard is nothing special to fret over, sorry KOBEfiens, his work ethic is incredible for a backup guard turned starter..congrats

damn you fiens

You've come a long way my friend. :clap:

HouRealCoach
11-21-2012, 11:05 PM
I like how not many people mentioned Melo lol

HouRealCoach
11-21-2012, 11:20 PM

:clap:... Now I see what you guys are talking about... Getting absolutely NO credit

:facepalm:

Laker fans really hate that lol

Aust
11-22-2012, 12:04 AM

Why should it be Lebron, Durant or CP3? Like they don't have talent on their team?? :confused:

SACNYY
11-22-2012, 01:20 AM
I'm a Kings fan and I can tell you that Kobe definitely deserves more than just 1 MVP. 1 MVP for Kobe Bryant? C'mon that's a joke. The guy has 5 rings and will most likely retire with a couple more. He should have retired with at least 4-5 MVPS.

SACNYY
11-22-2012, 01:21 AM
Why should it be Lebron, Durant or CP3? Like they don't have talent on their team?? :confused:

Exactly. The Thunder, Heat, and Clippers are just as loaded.

Andrew32
11-22-2012, 01:24 AM
I'm a Kings fan and I can tell you that Kobe definitely deserves more than just 1 MVP. 1 MVP for Kobe Bryant? C'mon that's a joke.
Not really and plus there are others (like Shaq) who were much more deserving of multiple MVP's then Kobe was.

You can reasonably argue that Kobe was never the best player in the league.

Not saying he didn't deserve his 08 MVP but acting like its ridiculous he didn't get more is silly.
He didn't clearly deserve it in any other year.

The guy has 5 rings and will most likely retire with a couple more.
How many Rings did he win as the best player on his team?

BKdoubleStacker
11-22-2012, 01:27 AM
Not really and plus there are others (like Shaq) who were much more deserving of multiple MVP's then Kobe was.

You can reasonably argue that Kobe was never the best player in the league.

Not saying he didn't deserve his 08 MVP but acting like its ridiculous he didn't get more is silly.
He didn't clearly deserve it in any other year.

How many Rings did he win as the best player on his team?

he didnt deserve it when he took that sorry *** team in 05 to the playoffs?

Its funny how any kobe related post you are always arguing against him at all costs

Andrew32
11-22-2012, 01:29 AM
he didnt deserve it when he took that sorry *** team in 05 to the playoffs?

I think you mean 06 and no he didn't deserve it.

T-Mac and Wade carried worse teams into the playoffs in (03/09) with way worse casts while putting up better stats and didn't win MVP.

Wade, Dirk and possibly Nash were better then Kobe in 2006.

SACNYY
11-22-2012, 01:30 AM
@Andrew32, C'mon man. Don't be a blind hater. Kobe is arguably the 2nd greatest player of all time.

LoveMeOrHateMe
11-22-2012, 01:33 AM
I think you mean 06 and no he didn't deserve it.

T-Mac and Wade carried worse teams into the playoffs in (03/09) with way worse casts while putting up better stats and didn't win MVP.

Wade, Dirk and possibly Nash were better then Kobe in 2006.

Such bs that lakers 06 team was quite possibly the worst ever

Andrew32
11-22-2012, 01:34 AM
@Andrew32, C'mon man. Don't be a blind hater. Kobe is arguably the 2nd greatest player of all time.

Kobe is one of the best of All-Time but 2nd... c'mon.

Are you forgetting Shaq? What about Kareem?
Magic? Russell? Hakeem? Duncan?

Wilt might have a say against him also, Bird was great and don't forget Lebron.

Just saying he is great but don't be so quick to overlook other current or past legends just cause he is your favorite player.

dh144498
yes Kobe is a solid backup guard at best. He's so lucky to be carried by his teammates throughout his career, just like right now getting carried by Dwight and Gasol. He never deserved any of his awards and accolades, those were all gifted to him. He's so lucky right now lakers are even at .5. Because without Kobe on this team, Lakers would be 10-0. He clearly only makes his team worse, bench him like the backup guard he is and always has been.

LoveMeOrHateMe
Kobe with another great game to bad the Rest of the team decided to not show up

Andrew32
11-22-2012, 01:35 AM
Such bs that lakers 06 team was quite possibly the worst ever
It really wasn't.

Lamar that year was a solid All-Star and the rest of the team was composed of solid if not noteworthy roleplayers.

It is only Kobe homers who try to prop him up by saying that was the worst team ever when in reality it was just a weak supporting cast for that particular year.

Many other players like T-Mac, Wade and arguably even Gasol have gotten weaker casts into the playoffs.

SACNYY
11-22-2012, 01:36 AM
Kobe is one of the best of All-Time but 2nd... c'mon.

Are you forgetting Shaq? What about Kareem?
Magic? Russell? Hakeem? Duncan?

Wilt might have a say against him also, Bird was great and don't forget Lebron.

Just saying he is great but don't be so quick to overlook other current or past legends just cause he is your favorite player.

I would take the closest thing to Michael Jordan and that is Kobe Bryant.

Andrew32
11-22-2012, 01:38 AM
I would take the closest thing to Michael Jordan and that is Kobe Bryant.
Closest in what sense?

In terms of production/performances, consistency and value over a career a guy like Shaq was much closer to Jordan then Kobe was.

#1.
Jordan : Post Season - PER
Peak : 32
Top 5 : 30.16
Top 7 : 29.61
Top 10 : 28.89
Top 13 : 28.6

------------------------------------------------------------

#2.
Shaq : Post Season - PER

Peak : 31
Top 5 : 30
Top 7 : 29.56
Top 10 : 28.52
Top 13 : 26.55
14th to 16th Season (Final 3 Seasons) - 18.33

#15.
Kobe : Post Season - PER

Peak : 26.8
Top 5 : 24
Top 7 : 23
Top 10 : 22.98
Top 13 : 21.62

To each their own though.
I can respect your opinion.

dh144498
11-22-2012, 01:40 AM
It really wasn't.

Lamar that year was a solid All-Star and the rest of the team was composed of solid if not noteworthy roleplayers.

It is only Kobe homers who try to prop him up by saying that was the worst team ever when in reality it was just a weak supporting cast for that particular year.

Many other players like T-Mac, Wade and arguably even Gasol have gotten weaker casts into the playoffs.

wrong, Kobe's supporting cast was one of the best casts in NBA history. Kwame Brown is arguably a top 5 center all time. Lamar Odom the 2nd greatest point forward all time and Derek Fisher one of the greatest PGs all time. It's amazing how Kobe didn't even get past the 1st round that year in the playoffs. Should have just benched him like the backup guard that he is. With a supporting cast like that, any super star would have won 5 consecutive championships. Kobe is just a choker and makes his teammates worse. Solid backup guard but just that.

SACNYY
11-22-2012, 01:42 AM
Shaq was a center. Kobe and MJ are SG's. Kobe and MJ are similar in many ways. For starters they both have the "clutch gene" as many like to say. They both care about one thing and one thing only, and that's winning. Kobe Bryant is just the f'n man. If you don't like him for some reason, that's fine. But the guy is one of the greatest players of all time. Top 5 without any argument.

Chronz
11-22-2012, 01:43 AM

Kareem laughs at your opinion, and its not even because he thinks hes the best.

LoveMeOrHateMe
11-22-2012, 01:44 AM
It really wasn't.

You can't be serious Lamar odom has never been an all-star never will
And the others note worthy
Who kwame stone hands brown?
Smush Parker?
Chris mihm?
Luke Walton?
Devean George?
And I can't even name the rest... Most of those guys are out of the league or are bench Warmers so I suggest you get your head out of your *** and try to be a little unbiased about Kobe for once!

LoveMeOrHateMe
11-22-2012, 01:45 AM
Shaq was a center. Kobe and MJ are SG's. Kobe and MJ are similar in many ways. For starters they both have the "clutch gene" as many like to say. They both care about one thing and one thing only, and that's winning. Kobe Bryant is just the f'n man. If you don't like him for some reason, that's fine. But the guy is one of the greatest players of all time. Top 5 without any argument.

Top 5 for me to... Many will agree as well when he's retired and its all said and done, but you should know though psd is the capital of Kobe hating

Im_in_Mia_bish
11-22-2012, 01:46 AM
lol kobe slurpers really make it hard to appreciate kobe's amazing run.

he's nowhere near the top 5. its a shame really at how biased some of these opinions are.

SACNYY
11-22-2012, 01:48 AM
Kareem laughs at your opinion, and its not even because he thinks hes the best.

lol. Look at Kareem's teams. They were stacked like no other team has been stacked before. And I will tell you right now, I can't stand him or Magic. I hate those teams. They should have won and did. They were loaded.

dh144498
11-22-2012, 01:50 AM

he's nowhere near the top 5. its a shame really at how biased some of these opinions are.

i agree. Kobe's not even close to being the top 5 player in the league currently. He's just an inefficient chucker who happens to get lucky right now and shooting slightly over 50%. Other than that he's pretty much a team cancer. He is using his telekinesis abilities to make sure Gasol shoots 3 for 10 and makes sure Dwight passes the ball back after feeding him in the post. This Kobe, though a solid backup guard, is a team cancer.

without him the Lakers are easily 10-0 right now and Dwight and Gasol can make 20 for 20 shots each.

Im_in_Mia_bish
11-22-2012, 01:51 AM
i agree. Kobe's not even close to being the top 5 player in the league currently. He's just an inefficient chucker who happens to get lucky right now and shooting slightly over 50%. Other than that he's pretty much a team cancer. He is using his telekinesis abilities to make sure Gasol shoots 3 for 10 and makes sure Dwight passes the ball back after feeding him in the post. This Kobe, though a solid backup guard, is a team cancer.

cool story bro,

anyways on my list, he's 11th all time, and I expect him to be 6th or 7th when its all said and done.

k thaanks.

SACNYY

These posts are pissing me off. Who did Kobe ever have? Look at the teams with Shaq. Rick Fox, Horry, Fisher, they were a team of 2 stars and role players. When Kobe won back2back with Gasol, they weren't loaded either. This current season is the only year he's had a lineup of All Stars. You people on here need to get a grip on reality and let loose on your Kobe hate. Jealousy will get you no where.

dh144498
cool story bro,

anyways on my list, he's 11th, and I expect him to be 6th or 7th when its all said and done.

k thaanks.

no he doesn't even deserve to be in the top 100 all time. Backup guards don't deserve placements that high. He's not even in the top 20 players currently in the NBA.

SACNYY
11-22-2012, 01:52 AM
cool story bro,

anyways on my list, he's 11th all time, and I expect him to be 6th or 7th when its all said and done.

k thaanks.

lol ya you and your buddy No Clutch Gene Lebron.

Im_in_Mia_bish
11-22-2012, 01:52 AM
Closest in what sense?

In terms of production/performances, consistency and value over a career a guy like Shaq was much closer to Jordan then Kobe was.

To each their own though.
I can respect your opinion.

link me to those postseason per stats.

Im_in_Mia_bish
11-22-2012, 01:53 AM
lol ya you and your buddy No Clutch Gene Lebron.

typical kobe slurper, always trying to make this into a lebron vs kobe debate.

we get it bro, you hate lebron. move on.

Andrew32
11-22-2012, 01:53 AM
Look at the teams with Shaq.
You're talking like Peak Shaq was some average player.
Alone he was worth like 3-4 average All-Stars.

Kobe was a side-kick on those teams.

Even his Gasol rosters were clearly Top 3 league-wide regardless of how you rate them against rosters from different years/eras (which is pointless).
Only Boston had a comparable overall roster and if not for KG being injured/not 100% in 09 and 2010 those late 00 Laker teams may have not even won any titles.

Im_in_Mia_bish
11-22-2012, 01:54 AM
no he doesn't even deserve to be in the top 100 all time. Backup guards don't deserve placements that high. He's not even in the top 20 players currently in the NBA.

k

LoveMeOrHateMe
11-22-2012, 01:55 AM

Look at Kobe's accomplishments and his body of work its hard to find 5 players with better careers then him

BKdoubleStacker

bring on the 2010 heat fans!

SACNYY
You're talking like Peak Shaq was some average player.

No I am not. I just said, it was a team of 2 all stars and the rest were role players. That's exactly what it was.

SACNYY
11-22-2012, 01:57 AM
Look at Kobe's accomplishments and his body of work its hard to find 5 players with better careers then him

According the idiots on here, Kobe is ****. Lebron will have a better career when it's all over. :rolleyes: Mr. No Clutch.

Im_in_Mia_bish
11-22-2012, 01:58 AM
These posts are pissing me off. Who did Kobe ever have? Look at the teams with Shaq. Rick Fox, Horry, Fisher, they were a team of 2 stars and role players. When Kobe won back2back with Gasol, they weren't loaded either. This current season is the only year he's had a lineup of All Stars. You people on here need to get a grip on reality and let loose on your Kobe hate. Jealousy will get you no where.

what the hell are you babbling about?
all im saying is that kobe slurpers overrate the shht out of him, when fans are trying to enjoy what kobe is doing at this age.

You dont have to try and defend kobe, because my opinion of him wont change regardless of what you kobe slurpers say about him and same goes for the kobe haters.

I know he is a phenomenal player, who is smart, determined, motivated, and can take over a game at will.
top 5 player in the nba currently.

so i have no idea why youre assuming i hate him :confused:

SACNYY
typical kobe slurper, always trying to make this into a lebron vs kobe debate.

we get it bro, you hate lebron. move on.

No, you say Kobe will be 6 or 7th all time but I bet you say Lebron will be higher up. Which he won't be.

Im_in_Mia_bish
bring on the 2010 heat fans!

oh ok, what part of kobe slurper hit a nerve?

dh144498
what the hell are you babbling about?
all im saying is that kobe slurpers overrate the shht out of him, when fans are trying to enjoy what kobe is doing at this age.

You dont have to try and defend kobe, because my opinion of him wont change regardless of what you kobe slurpers say about him and same goes for the kobe haters.

I know he is a phenomenal player, who is smart, determined, motivated, and can take over a game at will.
top 5 player in the nba currently.

so i have no idea why youre assuming i hate him :confused:

nice try sneaking that one in there. He's top 20 currently at best. I'll give him top 15 out of pity.

Im_in_Mia_bish
11-22-2012, 01:59 AM

i already did, and based off of what ive seen other players career accomplishments, there are 10 people better than him so far.
SO FAR.

i expect him to surpass some of them when its all said and done tho!

Im_in_Mia_bish
11-22-2012, 02:00 AM
nice try sneaking that one in there. He's top 20 currently at best. I'll give him top 15 out of pity.

aww shucks, u caught me.

Sactown
I think Kobe will finish at around 8-10 for me personally, the great thing about Kobe is his longevity and not his peak, He's kept himself in amazing shape and is still performing at his age which amazing and practically unheard of considering the minutes he's logged. His peak will never be considered top 10 which it shouldn't and that's the only knock on Kobe. There really isn't one year you can say, Woah Kobe was easily the best player in the league which is why for me he's outside of the top 5. Placing him anywhere after 13 is just crazy.

Conclusion

TOP 5 is biased towards Kobe
TOP 8-10 is about right
Under TOP 13 is biased against him.
IMO

Sactown
I think Kobe will finish at around 8-10 for me personally, the great thing about Kobe is his longevity and not his peak, He's kept himself in amazing shape and is still performing at his age which amazing and practically unheard of considering the minutes he's logged. His peak will never be considered top 10 which it shouldn't and that's the only knock on Kobe. There really isn't one year you can say, Woah Kobe was easily the best player in the league which is why for me he's outside of the top 5. Placing him anywhere after 13 is just crazy.

Conclusion

TOP 8-10 is about right
IMO

Im_in_Mia_bish
11-22-2012, 02:02 AM
No, you say Kobe will be 6 or 7th all time but I bet you say Lebron will be higher up. Which he won't be.

dude lebron has 1 ring.
im not a fortune teller and neither are you. so dont tell me whether lebron will be higher or not, because i have no fkkin clue.

thats like debating whether durant will be top 10 lol

wayy too early and both players have a long ways to go.

Kobe's career is dwindling down, so it's safe and wise to predict where he would fall in the all time greats list.

Im_in_Mia_bish
11-22-2012, 02:03 AM

Conclusion

TOP 8-10 is about right
IMO

id say he'd be 6-8.
but good post.

LoveMeOrHateMe
11-22-2012, 02:05 AM
i already did, and based off of what ive seen other players career accomplishments, there are 10 people better than him so far.
SO FAR.

i expect him to surpass some of them when its all said and done tho!

Please name me 10 players with better resumes?

10 players with more championships? Points? All-star teams? All-NBA offense and defensive teams, and lots of records... Game winners? Go on ill wait...

Im_in_Mia_bish
11-22-2012, 02:08 AM
Please name me 10 players with better resumes?

10 players with more championships? Points? All-star teams? All-NBA offense and defensive teams, and lots of records... Game winners? Go on ill wait...

should i also look for players who played 17 years or more to match his all stadr teams, points, all nba offense and defensive teams, and lots of records as well?

cmon dude. just stop.
there are many people who place him 7-12 currently for a reason.
the only fanbases that place him in top 5 are laker fans or kobe slurpers.
i wonder why.

just stop it and move on dude.
this argument is pointless.

LoveMeOrHateMe
11-22-2012, 02:12 AM
should i also look for players who played 17 years or more to match his all stadr teams, points, all nba offense and defensive teams, and lots of records as well?

cmon dude. just stop.
there are many people who place him 7-12 currently for a reason.
the only fanbases that place him in top 5 are laker fans or kobe slurpers.
i wonder why.

just stop it and move on dude.
this argument is pointless.

Right cuz since you can't bring them up you resort to calling us kobe slurpers, but go ahead you can bring them up and yeah sure bring up the years they played as well, just make sure you add the first few years they started on the bench like Kobe

Sactown
11-22-2012, 02:14 AM
id say he'd be 6-8.
but good post.

I feel slightly uncomfortable ranking him this high simple because his peak was just never dominate enough, which could be credited to the amount of help he has received throughout his career.

SACNYY
11-22-2012, 02:15 AM
I like how you say the argument is pointless and we are all Kobe "slurpers" whatever that means when confronted with the truth. Like LoveMeOrHateMe said who is better? Who are the 10 better players? Oh that's right, you'll just say we're Kobe "slurpers"

Im_in_Mia_bish
11-22-2012, 02:16 AM
Right cuz since you can't bring them up you resort to calling us kobe slurpers, but go ahead you can bring them up and yeah sure bring up the years they played as well, just make sure you add the first few years they started on the bench like Kobe

"the only fanbases that place him in top 5 are laker fans or kobe slurpers."

:confused: choose one.

dude why are you so persistent on something that the whole world doesnt believe?
i mean seriously.. besides laker fans, NOONE ELSE places kobe in the top 5 all time list as of today and yet you're still trying to talk about it lol

let it go.

SACNYY
11-22-2012, 02:19 AM
which could be credited to the amount of help he has received throughout his career.

Ya, Rick Fox, Horry, Walton, Shannon Brown, Bynum, Vujacic! Damn, loaded teams. Kobe's early championships were because of him and Shaq. The back2backs were because of Kobe and Pau Gasol. I'm sorry but Kobe has never had a ton of help until this current season.

JordansBulls
11-22-2012, 02:22 AM
What I want to know is how the hell does Dwight Howard only take 4 shots?

Im_in_Mia_bish
11-22-2012, 02:23 AM
I like how you say the argument is pointless and we are all Kobe "slurpers" whatever that means when confronted with the truth. Like LoveMeOrHateMe said who is better? Who are the 10 better players? Oh that's right, you'll just say we're Kobe "slurpers"

lol.. how are you guys not kobe slurpers though?

Michael Jordan, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar,Wilt Chamberlain,Magic Johnson,Larry Bird, Bill Russell, Hakeem Olajuwon, Oscar Robertson, Shaq O’Neal, Tim Duncan in no particular order are all better than kobe career-wise imo.

Supreme LA
11-22-2012, 02:24 AM
I don't really care where Heat fans rank Kobe. All that matters to me is Kobe > Wade and it will always be that way.;)

Andrew32
11-22-2012, 02:30 AM
I don't really care where Heat fans rank Kobe. All that matters to me is Kobe > Wade and it will always be that way.;)

So far this year he has been.

Wade was better from 09-12 doe. :)

Sactown
11-22-2012, 02:30 AM

Michael Jordan, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar,Wilt Chamberlain,Magic Johnson,Larry Bird, Bill Russell, Hakeem Olajuwon, Oscar Robertson, Shaq O’Neal, Tim Duncan in no particular order are all better than kobe career-wise imo.

This was what I was about to post hahaha

KB-Pau-DH2012
11-22-2012, 02:31 AM
You bring absolutely NOTHING to these forums. What a waste! :facepalm:

LAKERMANIA
11-22-2012, 02:32 AM

I don't mind you saying any of those other guys are better than Kobe, but if you honestly believe that the Big O is better than Kobe I'd say you're crazy.

Sactown
11-22-2012, 02:32 AM
Ya, Rick Fox, Horry, Walton, Shannon Brown, Bynum, Vujacic! Damn, loaded teams. Kobe's early championships were because of him and Shaq. The back2backs were because of Kobe and Pau Gasol. I'm sorry but Kobe has never had a ton of help until this current season.

This must be a joke....

Im_in_Mia_bish
11-22-2012, 02:34 AM

A list of some of kobe's teammates:
one of the most dominant players in nba history (shaq), 6th man of the year (odom), Gasol, Karl Malone, Gary Payton, Steve Nash, Dwight Howard, Horace Grant, Caron Butler, Andrew Bynum.

again, we get it... you are a kobe slurper and facts and reality are a little blurry, but there is a reason why the world disagrees with the way you guys rate kobe, and its not cos "the world hates the lakers"

LAKERMANIA
11-22-2012, 02:35 AM
A list of some of kobe's teammates:
one of the most dominant players in nba history (shaq), 6th man of the year (odom), Gasol, Karl Malone, Gary Payton, Steve Nash, Dwight Howard, Horace Grant, Caron Butler, Andrew Bynum.

again, we get it... you are a kobe slurper and facts and reality are a little blurry, but there is a reason why the world disagrees with the way you guys rate kobe, and its not cos "the world hates the lakers"

Im_in_Mia_bish
11-22-2012, 02:37 AM
I don't mind you saying any of those other guys are better than Kobe, but if you honestly believe that the Big O is better than Kobe I'd say you're crazy.

Granted, he has less hardware than people on that list, not only kobe, however he was one of the most complete players to play the guy, he averaged a triple double IN HIS SECOND SEASON IN THE NBA!!!!!

and of course his 186 triple doubles, which might never be broken lol, is just the cherry on top.

imo Big O would be slightly better than kobe, shaq, and even duncan!!!
i have kobe at 11 on my list. and fully expect him to surpass big o though when he retires!

LAKERMANIA
11-22-2012, 02:38 AM
Granted, he has less hardware than people on that list, not only kobe, however he was one of the most complete players to play the guy, he averaged a triple double IN HIS SECOND SEASON IN THE NBA!!!!!

and of course his 186 triple doubles, which might never be broken lol, is just the cherry on top.

i have kobe at 11 on my list. and fully expect him to surpass big o though when he retires!
:laugh: :faint: :laugh:

Did you seriously just say that??

knightstemplar
11-22-2012, 02:40 AM

Championships: Kobe-5, Oscar-1
Finals MVPs: Kobe-2, Oscar-0
MVPs: Kobe-1, Oscar-1
All-Star Teams: Kobe-14, Oscar-12
All-NBA Teams: Kobe-14, Oscar-11
Scoring Titles: Kobe-2, Oscar-1
All-Time Scoring List: Kobe-5th, Oscar-10th
All-Time Playoff Scoring List: Kobe-3rd, Oscar-58th

Im_in_Mia_bish
11-22-2012, 02:41 AM

calm down, i know he was 40, but 13 and 9 wasnt that bad at contribution, thought he only played like 40 games lol

and gary payton was balling, he had like 15 4 6 on 47%, not bad considering his career averages is 16 7 4

LAKERMANIA
11-22-2012, 02:47 AM

So you get mad at Kobe "slurpers" for being homers, but then you rank Oscar Robertson ahead of TD, Shaq and Kobe... Interesting.

calm down, i know he was 40, but 13 and 9 wasnt that bad at contribution, thought he only played like 40 games lol

and gary payton was balling, he had like 15 4 6 on 47%, not bad considering his career averages is 16 7 4

Why don't you look up Payton and Malone's 2004 Playoff numbers

Better yet, check the 2004 NBA Finals numbers

Im_in_Mia_bish
11-22-2012, 02:48 AM

thats so cute that you put in all time scoring list as if they played the same amount of seasons..

here lets take a deeper look.

triple doubles: Oscar-183, Kobe- 18?
seasons: oscar- 14, kobe- 17
WS/48- oscar- 0.207, kobe- 0.185
---------------------
Post Season

WS/48- Oscar- .178, Kobe- .157

Im_in_Mia_bish
11-22-2012, 02:49 AM

hmmm.

Im_in_Mia_bish
11-22-2012, 02:50 AM
So you get mad at Kobe "slurpers" for being homers, but then you rank Oscar Robertson ahead of TD, Shaq and Kobe... Interesting.

Why don't you look up Payton and Malone's 2004 Playoff numbers

Better yet, check the 2004 NBA Finals numbers

...so are we judging players based on playoff numbers only? because kobe's isnt that good..
make up ur mind, do you want to look at the whole picture or reg season only or playoffs only?

Sactown
11-22-2012, 02:51 AM

Rankings aren't just about Rings and All star appearances. Also I do agree Kobe is a better player than Oscar, but Oscar was a much more well rounded player....

LAKERMANIA
...so are we judging players based on playoff numbers only? because kobe's isnt that good..
make up ur mind, do you want to look at the whole picture or reg season only or playoffs only?

What's wrong? Afraid to check how Kobe's help was in the 2004 playoffs?

GREATNESS ONE
Different Eras, different games.

No doubt about it Mamba is not done yet.

knightstemplar
11-22-2012, 02:55 AM
thats so cute that you put in all time scoring list as if they played the same amount of seasons..

---------------------
Post Season

First off all, you can't compare stats from the 60s to the modern era. The League averaged over 100 FGA per game, nearly 110 FGA some years. In the 00s, the league average was around 80-85 FGA per game.
Second, Oscar never led a team to a championship. He was arguably the THIRD option in his lone championship in '71.
Kobe's career is so far away and clearly better, it isn't even a debate. If you ever seen a highlight of Oscar and others playing in the 60s, you would be ashamed fro even trying to put this guy over Kobe.

Funny that you put Postseason WS on there. Kobe is a 5x Champion. Did you really just tried to compare their postseasons? lol

Im_in_Mia_bish
11-22-2012, 02:56 AM
:laugh: :faint: :laugh:

Did you seriously just say that??

absolutely.
1-5 - jordan, kareem,russell, magic, larry
6-10- wilt, big o, shaq, duncan, hakeem
11- kobe

you can interchange 7-11 anyway you want to, thats just my list imo. :confused:

KB-Pau-DH2012
11-22-2012, 02:57 AM

---------------------
Post Season

So this is why Oscar is better than Kobe? :confused:

Im_in_Mia_bish
11-22-2012, 03:00 AM
First off all, you can't compare stats from the 60s to the modern era. The League averaged over 100 FGA per game, nearly 110 FGA some years. In the 00s, the league average was around 80-85 FGA per game.
Second, Oscar never led a team to a championship. He was arguably the THIRD option in his lone championship in '71.
Kobe's career is so far away and clearly better, it isn't even a debate. If you ever seen a highlight of Oscar and others playing in the 60s, you would be ashamed fro even trying to put this guy over Kobe.

thats cute. ok in that case, explain why noone else from the 60s or any other era averaged a triple double?
whether the 60s averaged 1 fga or 110, thats not my problem. the bottom line is that the big o is the only player to average a trip dub.

it is impossible to put everyone on an even playing field, you go by what you have. the only thing that i have seen you post are all time points scored, nba championships, and all accomplishments made possible by kobes longevity..

you dont have to agree with me, dont really care. as long as kobe isnt anywhere on ur top 5 list, im fine with you rating him between 8-11. hes 11th on mine. :)

Im_in_Mia_bish
11-22-2012, 03:01 AM
So this is why Oscar is better than Kobe? :confused:

more complete player? but again, im not knocking kobe, im just telling you guys my opinion. :confused:

Sactown
11-22-2012, 03:02 AM

03-04? Where Shaq lead the team in PER in the playoff in 24.8 and having 9 other players posting a per above 10? they had a definitely solid squad.

Or 04-05 Where they didn't make the playoffs and Lamar Odom and Butler where right behind him in Per?

dh144498
11-22-2012, 03:02 AM
thats cute. ok in that case, explain why noone else from the 60s or any other era averaged a triple double?
whether the 60s averaged 1 fga or 110, thats not my problem. the bottom line is that the big o is the only player to average a trip dub.

it is impossible to put everyone on an even playing field, you go by what you have. the only thing that i have seen you post are all time points scored, nba championships, and all accomplishments made possible by kobes longevity..

you dont have to agree with me, dont really care. as long as kobe isnt anywhere on ur top 5 list, im fine with you rating him between 8-11. hes 11th on mine. :)

So shouldn't George Mikan be in the top 10 as well? Since you are going by players' dominance relative to their eras.

Im_in_Mia_bish
11-22-2012, 03:03 AM

no i was just wondering what exactly are you trying to judge teammate help based off of.

knightstemplar
11-22-2012, 03:03 AM
All-Time ranking lists

ProSportsDaily Forum
Kobe-8th
Oscar-11th

InsideHoops Forum
Kobe-8th
Oscar-13th

****** Forum
Kobe-10th
Oscar-14th

KB-Pau-DH2012
11-22-2012, 03:06 AM
more complete player? but again, im not knocking kobe, im just telling you guys my opinion. :confused:

All-time rankings should be based on the entire body of work. The type of player they were, the records, the performance during the big moments, the accolades, the individual awards, how much they had a hand in the team's success and awards...

In the entire BODY OF WORK, Kobe edges Oscar.

Im_in_Mia_bish
11-22-2012, 03:09 AM
so shouldn't george mikan be in the top 10 as well? Since you are going by players' dominance relative to their eras.

lol!!!

Im_in_Mia_bish
11-22-2012, 03:10 AM
All-time rankings should be based on the entire body of work. The type of player they were, the records, the performance during the big moments, the accolades, the individual awards, how much they had a hand in the team's success and awards...

In the entire BODY OF WORK, Kobe edges Oscar.

..in your opinion, and thats fine. I feel Oscar is placed higher.. but i expect kobe to surpass him though.. i dont get why i have to keep saying this.. :confused:

LAKERMANIA
11-22-2012, 03:11 AM
03-04? Where Shaq lead the team in PER in the playoff in 24.8 and having 9 other players posting a per above 10? they had a definitely solid squad.
:pity:

Or 04-05 Where they didn't make the playoffs and Lamar Odom and Butler where right behind him in Per?
Where did you pull 04-05 out of?

knightstemplar
11-22-2012, 03:11 AM

Take out longevity, Kobe led his team to BACK-to-BACK championships and 3 straight Finals appearances, and before that, helped LA win 3 STRAIGHT championships. Since '99, that is 14 seasons, no team has ever repeated, let alone 3-peated other than a team with Kobe on it.

And why is longevity a negative to you? It is a GOOD thing.

A guy with one ring, that was arguably as a third option, over Kobe? No.

Im_in_Mia_bish
11-22-2012, 03:12 AM
All-Time ranking lists

ProSportsDaily Forum
Kobe-8th
Oscar-11th

InsideHoops Forum
Kobe-8th
Oscar-13th

****** Forum
Kobe-10th
Oscar-14th

....im not sure what I'm supposed to take from this..
should i google websites where they place oscar ahead of kobe? :confused:

Andrew32
11-22-2012, 03:18 AM
Oscar was amazing.

You can argue for him over Kobe fairly.

Kobe has a case maybe now due to longevity and his case will grow stronger as he career continues onwards.

Im_in_Mia_bish
11-22-2012, 03:18 AM
Take out longevity, Kobe led his team to BACK-to-BACK championships and 3 straight Finals appearances, and before that, helped LA win 3 STRAIGHT championships. Since '99, that is 14 seasons, no team has ever repeated, let alone 3-peated other than a team with Kobe on it.

And why is longevity a negative to you? It is a GOOD thing.

wtf who said longevity is a bad thing? all im saying is if someone played 3 or more seasons than another player, why the hell would you compare all time scoring points, or awards?

lakers had the best team in those back to back titles..
i dont see why youre trying to use a teams accomplishment towards an individual?

there is a reason why kobe doesnt have a top 15 full playoff performance in nba history.. because he was blessed with good teammates who stepped up.

im not saying kobe sucks or anything, i just feel you guys are overrating him. sorry.

knightstemplar
11-22-2012, 03:19 AM
....im not sure what I'm supposed to take from this..
should i google websites where they place oscar ahead of kobe? :confused:

websites?

http://www.hoopsmanifesto.com/articles/basketball/top-10-nba-players-of-all-time.html
Kobe-8th
Oscar-10th

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/lists/Top-10-players-in-NBA-history
Kobe-8th
Oscar-7th

Damn it, MSN...

Im_in_Mia_bish
11-22-2012, 03:20 AM
I honestly have no problem, if anyone puts kobe over oscar, i maybe overrating him. and thats fine, i can accept that. to each their own.

Andrew32
11-22-2012, 03:20 AM
Championships are a team accomplishment.

Kobe was only the clear cut best player on 1 of his 5 Championship teams.

Removing that from the equation and just focusing on actual on-court play + longevity you can make a fair case for Oscar over Kobe.

I actually rank Kobe over Oscar though currently.

Im_in_Mia_bish
11-22-2012, 03:22 AM
websites?

http://www.hoopsmanifesto.com/articles/basketball/top-10-nba-players-of-all-time.html
Kobe-8th
Oscar-10th

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/lists/Top-10-players-in-NBA-history
Kobe-8th
Oscar-7th

Damn it, MSN...

-_-

i think these lists basically prove my point that the diff between kobe and oscar, no matter which player it leans towards, isnt that big of a diff.

if you read my posts earlier, i said imo big o slightly is ahead of kobe, while someone said kobe is head over heels better. hmm

Im_in_Mia_bish
11-22-2012, 03:24 AM

Removing that from the equation and just focusing on actual on-court play + longevity you can make a fair case for Oscar over Kobe.

exactly. thank you.

knightstemplar
wtf who said longevity is a bad thing? all im saying is if someone played 3 or more seasons than another player, why the hell would you compare all time scoring points, or awards?

lakers had the best team in those back to back titles..
i dont see why youre trying to use a teams accomplishment towards an individual?

there is a reason why kobe doesnt have a top 15 full playoff performance in nba history.. because he was blessed with good teammates who stepped up.

im not saying kobe sucks or anything, i just feel you guys are overrating him. sorry.
Does Oscar even have a playoff "moment"?

Funny how you say team accomplishment when Oscar won his ONLY ring in '71 with Kareem Abdul-Jabbar and Bob Dandridge, who were the 2 leading scorers in that playoff year btw.

Kobe's teammates are blessed to play with him.

Im_in_Mia_bish
alright its 2:30 here lol im out.

Im_in_Mia_bish
11-22-2012, 03:25 AM

Funny how you say team accomplishment when Oscar won his ONLY ring in '71 with Kareem Abdul-Jabbar and Bob Dandridge, who were the 2 leading scorers in that playoff year btw.

Kobe's teammates are blessed to play with him.

oh no oscar def doesnt. you are def right about that.

Andrew32
11-22-2012, 03:27 AM

Funny how you say team accomplishment when Oscar won his ONLY ring in '71.
Oscar was the clear-cut leader of that team and ran the offense.
Sure Kareem was probably slightly more valuable but you embarrassingly underestimate Oscars value to that team.

When he wasn't playing they turned to utter $***.

He also had numerous amazing playoff series earlier in his career where he pushed far superior teams to the limit and took teams much father then most could have.

Don't speak on subjects which you have no knowledge of.

knightstemplar
11-22-2012, 03:28 AM

32Dayz, once you prove that Pau Gasol was better than Kobe in 2010, then we can have a conversation.

shep33
11-22-2012, 03:29 AM
I think he has to be a candidate. He's been outstanding this year, and isn't a reason why we're losing at all.

LoveMeOrHateMe
11-22-2012, 03:32 AM
"the only fanbases that place him in top 5 are laker fans or kobe slurpers."

:confused: choose one.

dude why are you so persistent on something that the whole world doesnt believe?
i mean seriously.. besides laker fans, NOONE ELSE places kobe in the top 5 all time list as of today and yet you're still trying to talk about it lol

let it go.

Actually if maybe you paid a little attention a lot of the all-time greats have Kobe in their top 5 ever

shep33
11-22-2012, 03:39 AM
Isn't going near or at the top in +/-? 54% from the field, 40% from 3, around 89% from the line while leading the league in scoring. Pretty darn good.

Kobe + Timmy have been doing work this year

Andrew32
11-22-2012, 03:40 AM
Isn't going near or at the top in +/-? 54% from the field, 40% from 3, around 89% from the line while leading the league in scoring. Pretty darn good.

Kobe + Timmy have been doing work this year
Agreed.
Both have managed to turn back the clock and play some amazing ball.

How long they can keep this going for is the only question.

shep33
11-22-2012, 03:45 AM
Agreed.
Both have managed to turn back the clock and play some amazing ball.

How long they can keep this going for is the only question.

Absolutely. I don't think their PER's stay this high. Kobe's numbers are going to drop, but it's a pretty amazing start for someone of his age.

Greedy22
11-22-2012, 03:57 AM
What I want to know is how the hell does Dwight Howard only take 4 shots?

He was really out of it tonight, the frontcourt was extremely nonexistent and embarrassing to say the least.

shep33
11-22-2012, 04:03 AM
I thought Dwight looked exhausted tonight. Have to remember that he's barely played basketball in 6-7 months. Back to back while playing 40 mpg isn't easy.