PDA

View Full Version : Brooklyn Nets Are A Tough Underrated Defensive Team, Lopez High IQ

KB-Pau-DH2012
11-21-2012, 02:09 AM
Watching the game tonight, I objectively determined two things about this squad.

1. They don't quit defensively as they have Avery Johnson's DNA of being tough and perseverant. They don't give up anything easy.

2. Brook Lopez has a high basketball IQ on the offensive end. He knows how to use his body well against defenders, has a nice smooth J, and is a very underrated penetrator and interior passer.

If you guys watched the game on NBATV and got a good look at the BKN Nets, what did you think of them?

ThunderousDemon
llullz

DragonJaii
finally faced a good team, and lost.

HOZ THE KNICK
11-21-2012, 02:12 AM
i think if they get a coach and joe johnson decides if he wants to play they will be a top team in the east but they are a yr or 2 away just like the heat celtics bulls & everybody else that had to gel.

VinceCarter
11-21-2012, 02:14 AM
finally faced a good team, and lost.

lol way to look at the final score for your in-depth analysis.

shep33
Joe Johnson and Deron need to play better, and I think they eventually will

DragonJaii
lol way to look at the final score for your in-depth analysis.

is it not true?

VinceCarter
11-21-2012, 02:17 AM
is it not true?

It may be true but your intent is elsewhere.

310Casper
11-21-2012, 02:19 AM
They're a top 4 team in the East. GREAT rebounding and hustling, reggie evans and crash really make their defense shine. It almost felt like every play gives the opposing team a ton of pressure with protecting the ball, over 48 minutes, that really makes a difference in the game.

Tonight we also saw why Dwight Howard truly is the only #1 center, with every other center far far behind. His presence in the paint pretty much makes every other teams offense settle for shots, layups are a rarity now.

Brooks offense is good, but we've known that. His defense is horrid, slug. Great iq though, i like the kid... I'd still take a healthy bynum over him though, too bad bynum is bynum though.

If Brooklyn stays healthy, I consider them a contender.

As for the Lakers, they are playing great and dont even have their starting pg (nash) and backup pg (steve blake) back yet.

Laker fans and Nets fans have a lot to be happy about tonight. Its all uphill from here.

Kenny
11-21-2012, 02:21 AM
The Nets are not a good defensive team they haven't been all year. Their free throw defense was excellent tonight though.

Guppyfighter
11-21-2012, 02:22 AM
Lets see how they do against a west fringe eight seed tomorrow.

VRP723
11-21-2012, 02:23 AM
They're a really fun team to watch, and surprisingly deep for a team in their first year of being competitive, usually benches take a little longer.

JerseysFinest
11-21-2012, 02:31 AM
They're definitely a work in progress on both ends of the floor, but as tonight showed, they have the potential to be a very good team. They need to learn the defensive strategy, Brook Lopez has to continue his development on the defensive end, and Joe Johnson has to grow comfortable in this environment. Played decently tonight, but hasn't shown up a lot of times since the season began.

ee
11-21-2012, 02:35 AM
The Nets are not a good defensive team they haven't been all year. Their free throw defense was excellent tonight though.

you obviously didn't watch the game lol:facepalm:...Nets didn't have Wallace the last 7 games, him coming back gives them a difference maker on defense and it showed for the first time tonight.....

DoMeFavors
11-21-2012, 02:38 AM
According to most on this site Lopez is a scrub and one of the worst players in the league.

waveycrockett
11-21-2012, 02:38 AM
Dwight and Lopez hardly matched up. Lopez owned Pau tho and Dwight looked great all around just horrid at the line tho.

Guppyfighter
11-21-2012, 02:39 AM
Good offensively, bad defensively

waveycrockett
11-21-2012, 02:42 AM
Good offensively, bad defensively

Bad defensively? Their defense kept them in this game

ee
11-21-2012, 02:44 AM
those who really watched the whole game, mostly lakers fans are credible to make comments here and seems like nets gained some respect.....that's enough for me as a net fan....

Guppyfighter
11-21-2012, 02:54 AM

Referring to Lopez

waveycrockett
11-21-2012, 02:55 AM

Referring to Lopez

Really did you see Pau's numbers??

Even a huge Laker fan said his interior defense is good.

KB-Pau-DH2012
11-21-2012, 02:58 AM

wavey, I must apologize. I meant to type interior "passing". I don't know why I subconsciously wrote defense there.

Brook does need to work on his interior D as he doesn't aggressively contest shots inside, and that was actually pretty apparent.

The guy is a Stanford alum, he's smart so he'll catch on pretty quick and learn the nuances of the game defensively in due time.

I think he's a helluva of a player and for sure the 2nd best C in the league behind D12.

Lakers + Giants
11-21-2012, 02:59 AM
According to most on this site Lopez is a scrub and one of the worst players in the league.

PPL talk **** cuz some nets fans overrate the hell out of lopez as well. Great game tonight tho, and he's on my fantasy league, lovin it.

KB-Pau-DH2012
11-21-2012, 03:01 AM

You can thank yourself and Shaquille O'Neal for that as you guys have continued to troll and overrate him.

DoMeFavors
11-21-2012, 03:02 AM
PPL talk **** cuz some nets fans overrate the hell out of lopez as well. Great game tonight tho, and he's on my fantasy league, lovin it.

Thats childish by the posters

KB-Pau-DH2012
11-21-2012, 03:02 AM
Thats childish by the posters

Agree.

AddiX
11-21-2012, 03:03 AM
I love the way BK built there team, I've said it often.

But Lopez needs to really man the fck up on the inside for them to get to the next level.

They need to trade Brooks too while they can IMO, it's clear they don't trust his game or don't like the way he meshes w everyone else.

waveycrockett
11-21-2012, 03:04 AM

wavey, I must apologize. I meant to type interior "passing". I don't know why I subconsciously wrote defense there.

Brook does need to work on his interior D as he doesn't aggressively contest shots inside, and that was actually pretty apparent.

The guy is a Stanford alum, he's smart so he'll catch on pretty quick and learn the nuances of the game defensively in due time.

I think he's a helluva of a player and for sure the 2nd best C in the league behind D12.

Ill take that. Good luck the rest of the way

Aust
11-21-2012, 03:07 AM
They're a top 4 team in the East. GREAT rebounding and hustling, reggie evans and crash really make their defense shine. It almost felt like every play gives the opposing team a ton of pressure with protecting the ball, over 48 minutes, that really makes a difference in the game.

Tonight we also saw why Dwight Howard truly is the only #1 center, with every other center far far behind. His presence in the paint pretty much makes every other teams offense settle for shots, layups are a rarity now.

Brooks offense is good, but we've known that. His defense is horrid, slug. Great iq though, i like the kid... I'd still take a healthy bynum over him though, too bad bynum is bynum though.

If Brooklyn stays healthy, I consider them a contender.

As for the Lakers, they are playing great and dont even have their starting pg (nash) and backup pg (steve blake) back yet.

Laker fans and Nets fans have a lot to be happy about tonight. Its all uphill from here.

No Nash, no Blake, not 100% Howard, horrendous free throw shooting and still getting used to Mike D's system. Laker fans have a lot to be happy about :D

Greedy22
11-21-2012, 03:20 AM
The nets are tougher than I thought, give that team some time and I think they'll be pretty damn good. Love Lopez's old school set shot, he's got nice touch. That 1 he kissed off the glass had me all pumped and I'm a lakers fan, that was pure beauty. Joe Johnson definitely needs to be more aggressive on the offensive end.

boobsandgravy
11-21-2012, 03:30 AM
i like the nets. they need to get joe involved though. not sure if it was just him being passive or not being able to control the ball more often like he used to in atlanta..

brook is really good offensively and torched gasol, but it seems like his defense is non existent. it looked like he just let dwight lay the ball in there a couple times tonight. this team will go as far as deron takes them, and i believe they get really good later into the season.

Chill_Will_24
11-21-2012, 03:37 AM
As soon as Deron stops chucking away 3s and JJ finds his shot the Nets will be a good team. I would not call them contenders but the will be good.

They are still a defensive big away from making the leap. Why they have not given K-Mart a call is baffling to me.

310Casper
11-21-2012, 03:39 AM
question for nets fans, does brook normally hit all those 20 footers like that nightly? Or was tonight just a luck night?

He couldnt miss one of those shots in the 1st half, it was starting to piss me off. Then i knew he'd come back down to earth in the 2nd half.

But if he hits those shots on a daily basis, wow, nice thing to have in your 7 footer.

Chronz
11-21-2012, 03:41 AM
Not a fan of poor defensive/rebounding teams, but they looked decent tonight.

popo85
11-21-2012, 03:41 AM
Crash made a huge difference, he brings toughness to the team.

JOhnnyTHaJet
11-21-2012, 04:16 AM
question for nets fans, does brook normally hit all those 20 footers like that nightly? Or was tonight just a luck night?

He couldnt miss one of those shots in the 1st half, it was starting to piss me off. Then i knew he'd come back down to earth in the 2nd half.

But if he hits those shots on a daily basis, wow, nice thing to have in your 7 footer.

Yes he does, he's a very solid mid range.

Look at any of Brook's highlight tapes, he does that often, although he had a lot less post moves than he usually has. Most likely due to Avery wanting him to stray away from Dwight.

JOhnnyTHaJet
11-21-2012, 04:22 AM
Not a fan of poor defensive/rebounding teams, but they looked decent tonight.

They're actually right in the middle of the league rebounding wise (14th) Evans, Hump, and Wallace are all above average rebounders. They even out rebounded the Lakers tonight 46-43.

And defensively this year they're tied for 6th in the league in opponents points per game (92.8).

So you're pretty much talking out of your ***.

GiantsSwaGG
11-21-2012, 04:49 AM
Lopez is softer than baby shyt

NYYCowboys
11-21-2012, 04:51 AM
When they are better than 1-3 vs. teams over .500, with the one being against a Rondo-less Celtics, then come talk to me.

SugeKnight
11-21-2012, 05:07 AM
Harrison Barnes gone eat Wallace up. GForce ain't what he used to be

Iron24th
11-21-2012, 05:09 AM
Johnson was the only disappointment imo.

Chill_Will_24
11-21-2012, 05:14 AM

He has always had that touch. People are not kidding when they talk about him being one of the best offensive C in the game.

The problem comes when he stays out there and does not aggressively take the ball in to the hoop.

Chill_Will_24
11-21-2012, 05:17 AM
Johnson was the only disappointment imo.

Yup. He is not a good coach... :D

Sike yea JJ needs to find his way.

Ebbs
11-21-2012, 05:43 AM
You know what I found interesting. Brook Lopez hustles real hard and yet his rebounding still sucks lol.

It's weird I'm not trying to troll, but he's a good player, he has good post moves, and he has a non stop motor? How does he not get to the boards?

Lakers4life08
11-21-2012, 09:02 AM
When your 1 option is Deron Williams you are not going far in playoffs..dude allways taking a lot of shots,but he can't shoot allways 30-35% FG

Evolution23
11-21-2012, 09:45 AM
Lopez is a beast on offense.

Evolution23
11-21-2012, 09:47 AM
When they are better than 1-3 vs. teams over .500, with the one being against a Rondo-less Celtics, then come talk to me.

You have a good point, but they have a chance.

koreancabbage
11-21-2012, 09:55 AM

no he's like top 15 in centers and probably top 20-30 players in the league. Now you're overstating yourself.

welcome back btw.

JiffyMix88
11-21-2012, 10:14 AM

ok i cant help but ask since i see your name allot and it had me wondering because of the team you like and the date you joined...

does your name DoMeFavors pertain to you wanting Favors to sex you anally while he was on the Nets?

torocan
11-21-2012, 10:24 AM
I really can't make any statements about Brooklyn's defense when the Lakers didn't have the #1 OR #2 point guards and you have Kobe and Pau bringing up the ball.

thenaj17
11-21-2012, 10:37 AM

Nobody thinks that - you just overrate him to the point where ANY other opinion seems like he's being called a scrub...

thenaj17
11-21-2012, 11:02 AM

Pau's offensive numbers had nothing to do with any Lopez defense. It was due to all but 2 (1 a tipper) of Pau's shots coming from the outside WIDE open. He happened to miss a lot of them aswell tonight

Lopez inside D was timid to say the least and he still has a huge aversion to rebounds.

Rockice_8
11-21-2012, 11:33 AM

What are you talking about they are a middle of the pack defensive team and one of the top rebounding teams. :facepalm:

Rockice_8
11-21-2012, 11:38 AM

Yeah Lopez struggles with Dwight cause Dwight can match his size and strength unlike most other centers. I think he'd have 3 pt range if he wanted but I'd rather not see my center doing that. He's a very tough cover when his mid range game is going.

RLundi
11-21-2012, 11:40 AM
No Nash, no Blake, not 100% Howard, horrendous free throw shooting and still getting used to Mike D's system. Laker fans have a lot to be happy about :D

That goes both ways. Horrendous shooting by D-Will, JJ off to a terrible start and the Nets were on the road and they only lost by 5 after being in it the entire game.

Enough of your excuses. Give credit where it's due.

justinnum1
11-21-2012, 11:42 AM
Avery is an awful coach.

Screwed up with the hack a Howard

Called a timeout with 1 minute left when deron was on a fast break.
That's just this game.
Beta would have won this game if they had a decent head coach.

Ill21
11-21-2012, 11:52 AM

I don't think anyone says that, you just over rate him.

Odominator
11-21-2012, 11:53 AM
I thought they looked pretty damn good against the Lakers. Deron was on one that night as he kept getting wide open looks. I think having Gasol giving Lopez that much space to shoot was a mistake.

However, I was not impressed at all with Lopez's defense.

Chronz
11-21-2012, 12:04 PM
They're actually right in the middle of the league rebounding wise (14th) Evans, Hump, and Wallace are all above average rebounders. They even out rebounded the Lakers tonight 46-43.

And defensively this year they're tied for 6th in the league in opponents points per game (92.8).

So you're pretty much talking out of your ***.

Or your using flawed stats.

Step up your game and use the stats that actual STATISTICIANS use. They are below league average in Defensive RTG and below average in defensive rebound rate.

But yes they looked good last night so its a step in the right direction.

nickdymez
11-21-2012, 01:18 PM
Or your using flawed stats.

Step up your game and use the stats that actual STATISTICIANS use. They are below league average in Defensive RTG and below average in defensive rebound rate.

But yes they looked good last night so its a step in the right direction.

:facepalm:

Chronz
11-21-2012, 01:20 PM

Yet another pointless post by dymez. Care to elaborate on that facepalm or would you rather go hide before I destroy you again?

LongIslandIcedZ
11-21-2012, 01:24 PM
I was extremely impressed with a few aspects of the Nets.

Lopez on offense. He has incredible touch from the outside. He had no chance inside tonight, so he took it outside.

Wallace on defense. Tenacious, and times his jumps well. Good shot blocking.

Don't love JJ, but he's a fine complimentary piece.

Williams is really good, seemed he took some ill advised shots at times, but he's a hell of a player.

I never did and still don't think their as good as the Knicks, but I originally had them as the 6 seed, and I was probably wrong.

Gibby23
11-21-2012, 01:24 PM
Avery is an awful coach.

Screwed up with the hack a HowardCalled a timeout with 1 minute left when deron was on a fast break.
That's just this game.
Beta would have won this game if they had a decent head coach.

Haha, I was thinking that too. Either do it or don't. He did it once, waited about 2 min and did it again and then the time went under 2 min and they couldn't do it any more.

nickdymez
11-21-2012, 01:32 PM
Yet another pointless post by dymez. Care to elaborate on that facepalm or would you rather go hide before I destroy you again?

lol@ destroy me. How so? Cuz you and your little advanced stat crew run PSD and your gonna defend your little turf by having me banned again? Just because you live and die by advanced stats doesnt mean that someone else has less knowledge of the game because they do not care to use. Again, i can make up a cool little formula and have nerds worship me too for doing it.

ManningToTyree
11-21-2012, 01:35 PM
They looked pretty good, but they lost so who cares. I think they have 4-5 seed potential.

WAYNEBO
11-21-2012, 01:45 PM
ok i cant help but ask since i see your name allot and it had me wondering because of the team you like and the date you joined...

does your name DoMeFavors pertain to you wanting Favors to sex you anally while he was on the Nets?

Bahahahaa!!!

koberulesall
11-21-2012, 01:56 PM
they arent underrated, thats all james worthy talked about in the pre game show was how good the nets are at defense......

Hawkeye15
11-21-2012, 02:20 PM
The Nets are 17th in defensive efficiency. They are not elite so far, and have played 3 good teams. Lets get some sample size.

Jesse2272
11-21-2012, 02:23 PM
Not overly impressed with the nets so far, withholding judgment until their deeper in their schedule with more quality teams

knicks=love
11-21-2012, 02:39 PM
let's face it, the real reason this thread was made was for wavey and DMF to go nuts on everyone. :eyebrow:

Jesse2272
11-21-2012, 02:41 PM
let's face it, the real reason this thread was made was for wavey and DMF to go nuts on everyone. :eyebrow:

I have them both blocked dont want to be accused of post padding due to irrelevant nonsensical responses to comments that hurt my brain :D

Munkeysuit
11-21-2012, 02:43 PM
I have to say Brook surprised me, that dude can play! this game could have gone either way, but Lakers D down the stretch forced BK into some bad shots at the end of the shot clock. Lakers pulled if off (barely) against a quality team, impressive but still so much work left to do.

Jesse2272
11-21-2012, 02:50 PM
I have to say Brook surprised me, that dude can play! this game could have gone either way, but Lakers D down the stretch forced BK into some bad shots at the end of the shot clock. Lakers pulled if off (barely) against a quality team, impressive but still so much work left to do.

Brook is good

Where are the rebounds, I dont watch enough of him but cant figure it out

O is his game

A super stud PF is what he needs probably to hide his deficiencies

Chronz
11-21-2012, 03:17 PM
lol@ destroy me. How so?
By making you vanish faster than (insert awesome joke here).

Cuz you and your little advanced stat crew run PSD and your gonna defend your little turf by having me banned again?
I have no crew and no power over your posts.

Just because you live and die by advanced stats doesnt mean that someone else has less knowledge of the game because they do not care to use.
Actually it does. Why would we emphasize outdated stats over numbers used by actual statisticians who are employed by the sport your watching?

Again, i can make up a cool little formula and have nerds worship me too for doing it.
F NO u couldnt. LMFAO are you serious? Could you get NBA teams to invest in your stats? (this is the part where you run away)

LOL I swear you are by far the worst Laker fan Ive ever met. You know NOTHING when it comes to this area.

Someone brings up stats and I destroy their point with more ACCURATE statistics and you think Im in the wrong? LMFAO get a clue and keep pace with ACTUAL STATISTICIANS if your going to call me out on this.

Chill_Will_24
11-21-2012, 03:19 PM
Yeah Lopez struggles with Dwight cause Dwight can match his size and strength unlike most other centers. I think he'd have 3 pt range if he wanted but I'd rather not see my center doing that. He's a very tough cover when his mid range game is going.

Lopez struggles inside against any big body. That is why i harp on him. He is to week. He needs to put more muscle on his lower body and work on his core if he wants to ever play inside with the big boys.

The fact that he can still get his points even though he is bullied and mauled every night is impressive though.

Jesse2272
11-21-2012, 03:20 PM
Look Chronz posts are at least insightful and make you think, I do not agree with him 100 but at least he moves the convo

He needs to get off the high horse and I feel bad he beats his dog after every clipper loss :D

contribute or go to the next thread

Hitman21
11-21-2012, 03:21 PM

noone said that. you keep saying lopez is the best center in the league. Which he clearly is not.

Chronz
11-21-2012, 03:23 PM
How the fuark do you know I have a dog? And I would never physically harm my dog, mentally however, hes damaged.

And thanks for the compliments but I like my high horse (see mantra above), it tells me people are getting the sense of conviction from my posts. I am not in the wrong here, someone uses stats so I use stats used by actual statisticians.

Chill_Will_24
11-21-2012, 03:23 PM

He is not wrong

Jesse2272
11-21-2012, 03:24 PM
How the fuark do you know I have a dog? And I would never physically harm my dog, mentally however hes damaged.

I know people

Chill_Will_24
11-21-2012, 03:27 PM
I was extremely impressed with a few aspects of the Nets.

Lopez on offense. He has incredible touch from the outside. He had no chance inside tonight, so he took it outside.

Wallace on defense. Tenacious, and times his jumps well. Good shot blocking.

Don't love JJ, but he's a fine complimentary piece.

Williams is really good, seemed he took some ill advised shots at times, but he's a hell of a player.

I never did and still don't think their as good as the Knicks, but I originally had them as the 6 seed, and I was probably wrong.

Pretty much this especially the part about Lopez. If he puts some muscle into the lower body and core and keeps working with Reggie he will be ok

The thing i am liking about Lopez is that he relies on NO athletic ability. He is slow as ****. So when he is in his late 30's he will still be producing. I cannot say the same for Howard. I wonder how long Howard will remain so dominant

Chill_Will_24
11-21-2012, 03:31 PM
lol@ destroy me. How so? Cuz you and your little advanced stat crew run PSD and your gonna defend your little turf by having me banned again? Just because you live and die by advanced stats doesnt mean that someone else has less knowledge of the game because they do not care to use. Again, i can make up a cool little formula and have nerds worship me too for doing it.

:laugh2: What is our aversion to advanced stats? You do not understand them?

Advanced stats are the only way to go. They show you EVERYTHING

tnewkirk
11-21-2012, 03:31 PM
Pretty much this especially the part about Lopez. If he puts some muscle into the lower body and core and keeps working with Reggie he will be ok

The thing i am liking about Lopez is that he relies on NO athletic ability. He is slow as ****. So when he is in his late 30's he will still be producing. I cannot say the same for Howard. I wonder how long Howard will remain so dominant

exactly, if lopez works on his legs and core he can become a lot better defender/rebounder.

thats the thing, lopez is a fundamentally better than howard and has a higher iq for the game. howard is a beast cause he's so athletic and when that starts fading so will his game.

Chill_Will_24
11-21-2012, 03:41 PM
exactly, if lopez works on his legs and core he can become a lot better defender/rebounder.

thats the thing, lopez is a fundamentally better than howard and has a higher iq for the game. howard is a beast cause he's so athletic and when that starts fading so will his game.

Lopez will always be slow and soft and his defense will never get much better than average at best. I was referring to his offense.

Defense is a whole different animal. It takes a lot more than added muscle. Lopez lacks the toughness and defensive instincts. Also his basketball iq is not that great which you need if you are physically disadvantaged.

Jesse2272
11-21-2012, 03:46 PM
Lopez will always be slow and soft and his defense will never get much better than average at best. I was referring to his offense.

Defense is a whole different animal. It takes a lot more than added muscle. Lopez lacks the toughness and defensive instincts. Also his basketball iq is not that great which you need if you are physically disadvantaged.

Whats the deal with rebounds, I admit I dont watch more than highlights, how does someone that skilled just suck to put it out there, school me?

tnewkirk
11-21-2012, 03:51 PM

i think he's leading the nba in blocks, i think that says something no? now you add muscle to him and he wont get banged around inside by howard, howard wont be able to back him up as easy.

DoMeFavors
11-21-2012, 04:01 PM
If Nets face the Heat in the playoffs sure Nets will be the underdogs but I think the series will be like 09 Celtics and Bulls.

JiffyMix88
11-21-2012, 04:19 PM
If Nets face the Heat in the playoffs sure Nets will be the underdogs but I think the series will be like 09 Celtics and Bulls.

how so?

and i cant help but ask since i see your name allot and it had me wondering because of the team you like and the date you joined...

DoMeFavors
11-21-2012, 04:22 PM
how so?

and i cant help but ask since i see your name allot and it had me wondering because of the team you like and the date you joined...

Lol no thats not what comes to my mind when I read the name maybe its what comes to your mind when you read it, because you might have thoughts about that.

JiffyMix88
11-21-2012, 04:29 PM
Lol no thats not what comes to my mind when I read the name maybe its what comes to your mind when you read it, because you might have thoughts about that.

I honestly thought because your such a nets homer and fan that you were actually wanting and prepared to have anal sex with him. So yes I did have thoughts that because of your name you wanted to to sex him

Chill_Will_24
11-21-2012, 04:35 PM
Whats the deal with rebounds, I admit I dont watch more than highlights, how does someone that skilled just suck to put it out there, school me?

His teammates just want it more. If he put in the effort that Hump and Reggie do on the boards we would be one of the better rebounding teams.

Chill_Will_24
11-21-2012, 04:40 PM
i think he's leading the nba in blocks, i think that says something no? now you add muscle to him and he wont get banged around inside by howard, howard wont be able to back him up as easy.

Blocks do not mean good defense. Also the added muscle might make him a better one on one defender but that will not help his pick and roll defense and how slow he is on rotations and help defense.

Plus i do not think he could ever pack in enough muscle to stop Howard. Keep in mind the extra bulk might make him slower and also keep in mind he has a foot issue that you do not want to come back from added weight.

The key is for him to become stronger so he can take the bumps better inside. I mean it's too easy when defenders know all they have to do is put a big body on you to stop you. He needs to get stronger so that he can score on those guys

29$JerZ
11-21-2012, 04:41 PM
I only got to catch the end of the game but the Nets looked solid and Brook is producing healthy again so that's a great sign for them.

Still think JJ is a waste but he has a lot of games to fix that.

Sactown
11-21-2012, 04:43 PM
I don't think anyone thought they were going to suck? They seem to have a good team.
Would I say they're better than:

Miami
LAC
LAL
Thunder?

No, but they're definitely in the same class as:
Knicks
Memphis
Spurs
Grizz
Bulls
Pacers
Denver
And those teams, could definitely make a strong push in the playoffs

Chill_Will_24
11-21-2012, 04:44 PM
I only got to catch the end of the game but the Nets looked solid and Brook is producing healthy again so that's a great sign for them.

TBH people are talking about JJ cuz he shot like 6-16 or so but he was defended by Artest all night. Deron meanwhile was defended by Morris and Duhon. It's Deron that needs to step up.

All those 3pt shots have to stop. The Nets need to lose Humphries. I know they need his rebounding but he and Wallace are not good together. I winder what it would take to get David West or Millsap. Based on their asking price i would say Varejao is unattainable

DoMeFavors
11-21-2012, 04:46 PM

Are the Nets still 9th seed in back of Toronto in your mind?

DerekJeterDan
11-21-2012, 05:04 PM
For a team in their first year of being competitive they have developed quite an array of talent.

They have such a sound 1-5 starting lineup and their bench makes them deep, with so much energy.

Brooklyn definitely fits its new Black and White Persona.

Definitely an underrated bunch of players. Really like what I see from this squad.

Jesse2272
11-21-2012, 05:16 PM

Was hoping JJ would show some value with the scenery change

not so far

Jesse2272
11-21-2012, 05:18 PM
His teammates just want it more. If he put in the effort that Hump and Reggie do on the boards we would be one of the better rebounding teams.

Why isnt thepredicted allstar center taking over and impedeing his will

may not have it in him

great O talent in his mid just will never be that great all around true center player

torocan
11-21-2012, 05:30 PM

Actually, I think Lopez's weakness on the defensive end are more than BBIQ.

The one thing I notice the most is his poor footwork. Asik isn't exactly a muscular beast or explosive, yet he consistently racks up rebounds and alters shots. Even against the Lakers he still put up 9 rebounds.

Lopez is bad at boxing out the opposing team's center, his timing in terms of going up for rebounds is sub-par, and his overall footwork in terms of positioning his body to secure rebounds is really not very good at all.

What he needs is some quality time working with serious defensive centers.

Lopez is a walking, talking, breathing example of the decline in Center play on both the offensive and defensive end.

I miss the glory days of Pete Newell's Big Man Camp....

joykilla
11-21-2012, 05:40 PM
I don't think anyone thought they were going to suck? They seem to have a good team.
Would I say they're better than:

Miami
LAC
LAL
Thunder?

Knicks
Memphis
Spurs
Grizz
Bulls
Pacers
Denver
And those teams, could definitely make a strong push in the playoffs

where in your right mind do you have LAC being above NYK you stupid *****. What have they proven. Get that **** out of here. And put the Spurs up a notch biotch.

torocan
11-21-2012, 05:43 PM
Knicks
Memphis
Spurs

Uh, No. Spurs/Memphis are a different league than the Nets, on paper and in terms of on-court performance.

The Nets aren't far off the Knicks on paper, but in terms of on the court, once again not in the same class.

Come back after the AS break and there might be a case for the Nets to be a 2nd tier Contender... right now they're really not even in the Dark Horse conversation.

29$JerZ
11-21-2012, 05:45 PM
TBH people are talking about JJ cuz he shot like 6-16 or so but he was defended by Artest all night. Deron meanwhile was defended by Morris and Duhon. It's Deron that needs to step up.

All those 3pt shots have to stop. The Nets need to lose Humphries. I know they need his rebounding but he and Wallace are not good together. I winder what it would take to get David West or Millsap. Based on their asking price i would say Varejao is unattainable

If Lopez stays healthy you guys really won't need much production from the 4 outside of defense and rebounding imo. I believe when it comes to the good-elite teams in the NBA Brooklyn really needs both Deron/JJ to carry the load, they are the alleged stars afterall.

Are the Nets still 9th seed in back of Toronto in your mind?

Still too early in the season to declare anything. If we are going by seeds right now NY is going to the ECF. So come back at me at the mid way point of the season. If the Nets were 2-7 I wouldn't say "see I told ya so", many more games needs to be played.

Nets have shown they can't beat any good teams so far but they have beaten all the winnable games so that's a huge improvement from last season.
Plus teams like Indy losing Granger and Philly trying to sustain a winning record without Bynum for most of the season should only help their seed ranking.
Like I've said be happy for any improvement since the Nets have been awful the last few years. Temper your expectations until they actually come to fruition.

29$JerZ
11-21-2012, 05:50 PM
And I still don't get this talk about Brooklyn being a contender this early in the season.

They have beaten Toronto, Orlando twice, Cleveland, and Sacremento. Their best victory was against Boston and I think Rondo got hurt.
They loss to Minnesota without Rubio/Love, got beatdown by Miami, and loss last night to the Lakers.

What have they done to show they are contenders exactly? It's not their fault they were given the schedule they have played but nothing about it screams contender.

They at least showed they are vastly improved from last season so far, that's about where it ends.

DanG
11-21-2012, 05:53 PM
where in your right mind do you have LAC being above NYK you stupid *****. What have they proven. Get that **** out of here. And put the Spurs up a notch biotch.

:confused:

Clippers have been very impressive this year.

5-0 vs this years contenders.

tnewkirk
11-21-2012, 05:55 PM
And I still don't get this talk about Brooklyn being a contender this early in the season.

They have beaten Toronto, Orlando twice, Cleveland, and Sacremento. Their best victory was against Boston and I think Rondo got hurt.
They loss to Minnesota without Rubio/Love, got beatdown by Miami, and loss last night to the Lakers.

What have they done to show they are contenders exactly? It's not their fault they were given the schedule they have played but nothing about it screams contender.

They at least showed they are vastly improved from last season so far, that's about where it ends.

the loss to minnesota was fluke and they beat boston without wallace. they arent contenders though, they're a top 10 team maybe top 8.

DoMeFavors
11-21-2012, 06:00 PM

The Heat were 9 and 8 or something in 2010 but they didnt pick it up? You didnt take them seriously?

Chronz
11-21-2012, 06:05 PM
The Heat were 9 and 8 or something in 2010 but they didnt pick it up? You didnt take them seriously?

The Heat had a dominant SRS despite that record. They at least had that going for them

Chronz
11-21-2012, 06:07 PM

The one thing I notice the most is his poor footwork. Asik isn't exactly a muscular beast or explosive, yet he consistently racks up rebounds and alters shots. Even against the Lakers he still put up 9 rebounds.

Lopez is bad at boxing out the opposing team's center, his timing in terms of going up for rebounds is sub-par, and his overall footwork in terms of positioning his body to secure rebounds is really not very good at all.

Lopez is a walking, talking, breathing example of the decline in Center play on both the offensive and defensive end.

Im not arguing against what your saying but Asik is pretty damn mobile for someone his size. I dont get the same feeling of quickness/agility watching Brook.

29$JerZ
11-21-2012, 06:08 PM
the loss to minnesota was fluke and they beat boston without wallace. they arent contenders though, they're a top 10 team maybe top 8.
Well Brooklyn is much healthier than Minnesota is so that excuse doesn't work. A starting PF and a starting PG being out is worse than losing Crash. Same for losing Rondo who is the only Pg they really have.
I'd say they basically botched that game and couldn't handle Minny not giving up.

They picked it up because they gelled afterwards. Which as I have told you many times has to happen with Brooklyn first before any thing can be said about them.

They are 6-3, only good team they beat has been Boston who loss Rondo and have some terrible games under their belt such as Minny/Miami.

So any talk of contender is premature and just silly. They need to prove it first like the HEAT did, like NY is currently doing, etc.

A team with LeBron, Wade and Bosh will not stay around .500 for long. A few stupid people thought they should have gone nearly undefeated with that roster in yr 1 but most rational fans of the game new it would take time for them to work everything out and they'd be deadly. With Brooklyn now its strictly about them staying healthy and getting back to the playoffs.

They have done nothing to show they are contending this season.
Any predictions about contending for any team not named Miami now is silly because its still early in the season.

torocan
11-21-2012, 06:13 PM

Please... let's not compare JJ, Lopez, DWill to Lebron/Wade/Bosh.

Lebron nearly carried Cleveland to the finals on his back. Deron Williams had 24 wins in 2010/11 and 22 wins in 2011/12.

The Heat went 9-8 in their first 17 games in 2010/11, then promptly went 21-1 for the next 22 games and ended up 58-24.

Seriously, you're reaching....

jmoney85
11-21-2012, 06:23 PM
fans can't expect a finished product today... but the nets can be contenders with another interior defender... right now they are a 3-5 seed

DoMeFavors
11-21-2012, 06:31 PM
Please... let's not compare JJ, Lopez, DWill to Lebron/Wade/Bosh.

Lebron nearly carried Cleveland to the finals on his back. Deron Williams had 24 wins in 2010/11 and 22 wins in 2011/12.

The Heat went 9-8 in their first 17 games in 2010/11, then promptly went 21-1 for the next 22 games and ended up 58-24.

Seriously, you're reaching....
Ugh no Deron played 12 games in 2010-2011 for the Nets and last year didnt have his 2nd best player on the team in Brook.

torocan
11-21-2012, 06:39 PM
Ugh no Deron played 12 games in 2010-2011 for the Nets and last year didnt have his 2nd best player on the team in Brook.

That's fine. I'm just saying that considering the Nets or DWill haven't done anything spectacular for OVER 2 Years, don't expect outside observers to give them a Ton of credit until they back it up on the hardwood.

Right now, the Nets look good on paper, but until they actually DO something substantial, don't expect anyone to slot them as more than a playoff team -- especially given their weak start against mostly weak competition.

As of Today, they don't have the track record OR have done enough to even be in the same conversation as OKC, Miami, LAL, LAC, Spurs, Memphis and the Knicks.

Could they be? Sure... but it's going to take a LOT more games against more impressive opposition than a Rondo-less Boston and Minnesota without Love and Rubio.

DoMeFavors
11-21-2012, 06:41 PM
That's fine. I'm just saying that considering the Nets or DWill haven't done anything spectacular for OVER 2 Years, don't expect outside observers to give them a Ton of credit until they back it up on the hardwood.

Right now, the Nets look good on paper, but until they actually DO something substantial, don't expect anyone to slot them as more than a playoff team -- especially given their weak start against mostly weak competition.

As of Today, they don't have the track record OR have done enough to even be in the same conversation as OKC, Miami, LAL, LAC, Spurs, Memphis and the Knicks.

Could they be? Sure... but it's going to take a LOT more games against more impressive opposition than a Rondo-less Boston and Minnesota without Love and Rubio.

I dont care where any team puts them im sure in 2007 people expected Dallas to go to the finals again but lost to Warriors, predictions mean nothing. We will both see in the playoffs.

Captain Moroni
11-21-2012, 06:53 PM
Brooklyn faced a talented team and lost. It was a road game and since the lakers started 0-4 they have played really well only losing to the tough Spurs squad.

The nets are good, just not a Great team yet. 6-2 before this game last night and the only semi tough game was vs. a rondo-less celtics team. With deron and Williams, not having Rondo is critical. Nets need to beat the better teams in the east like Miami Full celtics and New York before being taken for real.

Chill_Will_24
11-21-2012, 07:46 PM
Why isnt thepredicted allstar center taking over and impedeing his will

may not have it in him

great O talent in his mid just will never be that great all around true center player

He just is not that kind of player. I highly doubt he makes the all star game btw

Chill_Will_24
11-21-2012, 07:49 PM

Agreed. Lopez lacks many things that cannot be taught.

Jesse2272
11-21-2012, 07:51 PM
He just is not that kind of player. I highly doubt he makes the all star game btw

Shame lots of potential there could never figure him out though I just did int watch him enough

Chill_Will_24
11-21-2012, 08:01 PM
Shame lots of potential there could never figure him out though I just did int watch him enough

Offensive potential sure but his physical limitations prevent him from elevating his game in those areas where the Nets will need him most.

Jets012
11-21-2012, 08:27 PM
Offensive potential sure but his physical limitations prevent him from elevating his game in those areas where the Nets will need him most.

I consider myself as a realistic Nets fan (unlike 3 main ones on this site) and I really do think you are a good poster for our fanbase, but I think you are a little too hard on Lopez. While I agree, I probably wouldn't rank him top 4 among centers, I think that he has improved defensively a bit. He has been a beast blocking shots this year and you can see that he is hustling more on the defensive end. While I agree, he will never average more than 8 rebounds a game (I still remain confident he can reach around there), if you put a defensive PF on this team becomes that much better. Which is why I totally agree with you that we should call and bring in Kenyon Martin because Humph and Lopez is not a good fit, or at least start Evans.

On the thread, Nets could have easily had that game this year. I do think they are underrated on this site because there are 3-4 Nets fans on this site that overrate the hell out of them (I do not understand how they don't get banned with their constant trolling and disruption to the site). I really think that if guys like DMF, Wavey, and JMoney weren't on this site, then I think the Nets would be one of the most liked and most fun teams on this site.

Anyway, big game tonight in GS. Always a tough team to play against.

Chill_Will_24
11-21-2012, 08:37 PM
I consider myself as a realistic Nets fan (unlike 3 main ones on this site) and I really do think you are a good poster for our fanbase, but I think you are a little too hard on Lopez. While I agree, I probably wouldn't rank him top 4 among centers, I think that he has improved defensively a bit. He has been a beast blocking shots this year and you can see that he is hustling more on the defensive end. While I agree, he will never average more than 8 rebounds a game (I still remain confident he can reach around there), if you put a defensive PF on this team becomes that much better. Which is why I totally agree with you that we should call and bring in Kenyon Martin because Humph and Lopez is not a good fit, or at least start Evans.

On the thread, Nets could have easily had that game this year. I do think they are underrated on this site because there are 3-4 Nets fans on this site that overrate the hell out of them (I do not understand how they don't get banned with their constant trolling and disruption to the site). I really think that if guys like DMF, Wavey, and JMoney weren't on this site, then I think the Nets would be one of the most liked and most fun teams on this site.

I agree that Lopez has improved. He is being more aggressive and looks stronger. However defensive improvement does not equate to good defense.

i have never said that Lopez is a bad player or bad C. I just feel that the areas where the Nets will need him most are the areas he will most struggle with.

His effort is nice but there is more to it. He does not have the quickness, defensive instincts or toughness to play great or even average level defense. He is just too soft and too much of a nice guy. We need someone on this team that is not afraid to lay a guy out for coming in the lane. Brook is not that guy.

jmoney85
11-21-2012, 08:41 PM

I have no idea who you are but you love posting about me

thanks for the publicity

Jets012
11-21-2012, 08:45 PM
I have no idea who you are but you love posting about me

thanks for the publicity

If you had no idea who I was, how would you know I post about you all the time? LOL another dumb comment. This is the first time I have ever included your name in a post of mine considering I try not to even read have the **** you post. Your not even a good troll lol. While DMF, who trolls purposely and gets everyone pissed off, you just have no basketball IQ at all and are just a dumb Nets fan. Basically, DMF knows more about Basketball than you do because he at least can post stupid stuff purposely, while you try your hardest to sound smart.

jmoney85
11-21-2012, 08:47 PM
This is the first time I have ever included your name in a post of mine considering I try not to even read have the **** you post. Your not even a good troll lol. While DMF, who trolls purposely and gets everyone pissed off, you just have no basketball IQ at all and are just a dumb Nets fan. Basically, DMF knows more about Basketball than you do because he at least can post stupid stuff purposely, while you try your hardest to sound smart.

I wouldn't expect to be a good troll considering its something that I dont do....

and lol @ you thinking DMF trolls purposely

DoMeFavors
11-21-2012, 08:53 PM
I agree that Lopez has improved. He is being more aggressive and looks stronger. However defensive improvement does not equate to good defense.

i have never said that Lopez is a bad player or bad C. I just feel that the areas where the Nets will need him most are the areas he will most struggle with.

His effort is nice but there is more to it. He does not have the quickness, defensive instincts or toughness to play great or even average level defense. He is just too soft and too much of a nice guy. We need someone on this team that is not afraid to lay a guy out for coming in the lane. Brook is not that guy.

He wasnt gifted the fast foot speed or fast body, he wasnt born with it. Just like not every player is as athletic as Blake Griffin or Lebron. You cant fault someone for something they dont have in their jeans.

jmoney85
11-21-2012, 08:55 PM
He wasnt gifted the fast foot speed or fast body, he wasnt born with it. Just like not every player is as athletic as Blake Griffin or Lebron. You cant fault someone for something they dont have in their jeans.

you're right.... I cant fault you for not having a penis

DoMeFavors
11-21-2012, 09:07 PM
you're right.... I cant fault you for not having a penis

I really dont understand this we are all Net fans and we all talk in negative ways to each other, stop trying to make each Net poster the way you want them..we all have opinions. We should be a lot friendler to each other.

jmoney85
11-21-2012, 09:10 PM
I really dont understand this we are all Net fans and we all talk in negative ways to each other, stop trying to make each Net poster the way you want them..we all have opinions. We should be a lot friendler to each other.

you said you brutally beat up fans of other teams... I do not condone violence.. only peace and happiness...

osalamalekam my caucasian friend

DoMeFavors
11-21-2012, 09:12 PM
you said you brutally beat up fans of other teams... I do not condone violence.. only peace and happiness...

osalamalekam my caucasian friend

I never said that I said I am an old school fan and give them a hard time. To protect home court.

jmoney85
11-21-2012, 09:15 PM
I never said that I said I am an old school fan and give them a hard time. To protect home court.

you definitely said you beat up fans... I wish we had a forum investigator

Chill_Will_24
11-21-2012, 09:32 PM

Ok and i am not faulting him for that. If he had those tools and "genes" he would have been drafted higher than 10 and would not be a Net anyway.

All i am saying is he does not have the tools to be what the Nets need most; defense, and toughness.

Our interior D is still our main and most concerning weakness.

DoMeFavors
11-21-2012, 09:55 PM
Ok and i am not faulting him for that. If he had those tools and "genes" he would have been drafted higher than 10 and would not be a Net anyway.

All i am saying is he does not have the tools to be what the Nets need most; defense, and toughness.

Our interior D is still our main and most concerning weakness.

He is still young he will learn, and he doesnt have to be a mean guy on the court to win...look at players like Dirk and Duncan they arent the toughest. But they are crafty and won championships.

Chill_Will_24
11-21-2012, 10:00 PM
He is still young he will learn, and he doesnt have to be a mean guy on the court to win...look at players like Dirk and Duncan they arent the toughest. But they are crafty and won championships.

Dirk is not a good defender and Duncan has the best basketball iq i have ever seen.

jmoney85
11-21-2012, 10:02 PM
Dirk has quick feet thats why hes not as bad as lopez on D

DoMeFavors
11-21-2012, 10:03 PM
Dirk is not a good defender and Duncan has the best basketball iq i have ever seen.

I know im just saying 1 player doesnt control the entire team..its not 5 against 1..you fault Brook way to much.

jmoney85
11-21-2012, 10:08 PM
I know im just saying 1 player doesnt control the entire team..its not 5 against 1..you fault Brook way to much.

no but a defensive anchor can take a team from the middle of the pack defensively to a top 5-10 defensive team

jmoney85
11-21-2012, 10:08 PM
nets will never be a contender until they can crack the top 10 defensively... when they do that I will consider them a contender

DoMeFavors
11-21-2012, 10:14 PM
nets will never be a contender until they can crack the top 10 defensively... when they do that I will consider them a contender

and why cant they? they have good defenders on bench and starting

jmoney85
11-21-2012, 11:11 PM

those good defenders are backups to already good defenders.... and we NEED interior DEFENSE

Chill_Will_24
11-21-2012, 11:15 PM

Because their interior D horrible.

They are paying solid team defense which is helping them defensively but at the end of the day when they face the elite teams they need bigs that can defend the paint. It's not just Brook. I just come down on brook hard because i have such high hopes for him.

If the Nets made a trade for a solid defensive big it would solve a lot of problems for them. None of their bigs can defend the paint

jmoney85
11-21-2012, 11:23 PM
honestly if we just made a spot for kmart I would feel better

Chill_Will_24
11-21-2012, 11:23 PM
those good defenders are backups to already good defenders.... and we NEED interior DEFENSE

The only good defender we have in my eyes right now is Wallace and he is not THAT great. His defense is all effort and athleticism.

Besides that we have a group of guys ranging from average to bad. Our defense this year is a product of Avery as much as you guys like to discredit him.

He has them playing solid team defense with really no great defenders on the roster so i give him credit. However there is only so much he can do with a roster lacking interior defenders.

I wish the Nets would give KMart a call or trade for Varejao. Would solve a lot of things.

jmoney85
11-21-2012, 11:26 PM
The only good defender we have in my eyes right now is Wallace and he is not THAT great. His defense is all effort and athleticism.

Besides that we have a group of guys ranging from average to bad. Our defense this year is a product of Avery as much as you guys like to discredit him.

He has them playing solid team defense with really no great defenders on the roster so i give him credit. However there is only so much he can do with a roster lacking in interior D

I wish the Nets would give KMart a call or trade for Varejao. Would solve a lot of things.

I dont discredit avery... I like him

but I disagree about wallace... I think this season he can be all-defensive 1st or 2nd team... but I agree with our team not having any other great defenders

Chill_Will_24
11-21-2012, 11:37 PM
I dont discredit avery... I like him

but I disagree about wallace... I think this season he can be all-defensive 1st or 2nd team... but I agree with our team not having any other great defenders

I love Crash. I mean who doesn't? He is all heart, no quit, all go, big nuts, play till he drops, all game long. I do not buy jerseys but i am considering buyinh his.

His defense is not elite though. He is solid maybe a great defender depending on how you define it but first team all D? Second? Ehhhh doubt it. He is not at that level

Chronz
11-22-2012, 12:05 AM
All true but you still have to recognize the reality of the situation.

jmoney85
11-22-2012, 12:27 AM
I love Crash. I mean who doesn't? He is all heart, no quit, all go, big nuts, play till he drops, all game long. I do not buy jerseys but i am considering buyinh his.

His defense is not elite though. He is solid maybe a great defender depending on how you define it but first team all D? Second? Ehhhh doubt it. He is not at that level

he's made all-defensive 1st team before... I dont see why he cant do it again

Chill_Will_24
11-22-2012, 12:44 AM
Just heard someone from the Warrior bench say something to the effect of "Brook Lopez thinks he is Kobe Bryant out there"

See if you are Brook, you have to take that to heart. The day Brook realizes he is 7'1" is the day he becomes a top 5 C

jmoney85
11-22-2012, 12:49 AM
honestly I dont see how that would be a diss? lol

if he said something like "brook thinks hes brian scalabrine out there... then I would see taking offense to that lol

Chill_Will_24
11-22-2012, 12:57 AM
honestly I dont see how that would be a diss? lol

if he said something like "brook thinks hes brian scalabrine out there... then I would see taking offense to that lol

If you do not see how a 7'1 C being described as imitating Kobe is a diss then idk what to tell you

Lakers4life08
11-22-2012, 03:41 AM
Deron Williams is garbage,how can someone rate him as top 5 PG in the NBA,when he allways shoooting 30% and making 5 TO

N3TS
11-22-2012, 01:44 PM
They don't give up I'll give the team that, but they are a work in progress and still need to gel, which will only happen with time and experience getting acclimated with one another.