PDA

View Full Version : How good is the NBA this year?

NYSpirit1
11-21-2012, 01:19 AM
Seriously, there are so many good teams. NBA officials must be very thrilled and pleased with the results.

You got Miami, New York, Brooklyn, LAL, LAC, OKC, San Antonio, Memphis at the top right now.

Phili, Boston, Chicago, Dallas haven't even been at full strength yet. And there is so much talent and so many stars on all the teams at the top.

Then you've got teams like Houston who will be mediocre, but have been hyped because of Harden & Lin.

It looks like we're in for a great season. So many storylines.

The only downside people will say is there are also a lot of very crappy teams, but that won't affect general interest in the NBA, because all the big markets are good this year.

bholly
11-21-2012, 01:32 AM
People think the league is loaded with good teams and suddenly super competitive at this point in just about every season, and every year the fans of the good teams think it's the best season ever.

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?t=680425
http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?t=530929
http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?t=595534
http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?t=680425

Of course that doesn't mean this season isn't great, it's just that if you're looking for a reliably and meaningful answer on whether it really is then you probably are going to be disappointed.

Arch Stanton
11-21-2012, 01:47 AM
I think it's medium good. I can shake my head up and down 3 times in a row and any time I do that it means medium good. If I were to shake two times up and down then one time diagonal it would mean that I want a milk shake.
Thank god all the big market teams are doing well and all the crappy teams remain well... crappy... Otherwise I would have a very crappy milkshake lol!

spreadeagle
11-21-2012, 02:07 AM
agreed, this season has been one of the best in years for me, even though my Raps stink once again. I love this rookie class, plus OKC LA Den Mia Spurs and a few other teams all have a decent shot at the title, I think the NBA was caught up in Heat mania for a while, it got stale

NYTHRILLZ97
11-21-2012, 02:13 AM
I think it's medium good. I can shake my head up and down 3 times in a row and any time I do that it means medium good. If I were to shake two times up and down then one time diagonal it would mean that I want a milk shake.
Thank god all the big market teams are doing well and all the crappy teams remain well... crappy... Otherwise I would have a very crappy milkshake lol!

Well put

NYMetropolitans
11-21-2012, 02:38 AM
Hopefully this continues throughout the league and more young talent will come in and stay with their teams that they were drafted with for longer and pan out. This is my NBA dream.

AddiX
11-21-2012, 02:57 AM
NBA is going in a good direction. Only thng that holds it back IMO is the refs amd the ridiculous calls Kobe and bron types get. Great players on great teams don't need phantom calls, completely ruins the game.

And the ridiculous long season, and every playoff series being best of 7. It's way to long, it kills off a lot of good players and good teams down the stretch. Outside of profit for the NBA, it's 100% pointless.

Otherwise stern is doing a good job IMO.

JNoel
11-21-2012, 03:20 AM
If your a fan of a good team, then sure the season is great. Also big market teams like the Knicks winning is positive towards the NBA as a global perspective.

STL Don
11-21-2012, 03:41 AM
Everything about it is great.

Cano4prez
11-21-2012, 03:49 AM
NBA is going in a good direction. Only thng that holds it back IMO is the refs amd the ridiculous calls Kobe and bron types get. Great players on great teams don't need phantom calls, completely ruins the game.

And the ridiculous long season, and every playoff series being best of 7. It's way to long, it kills off a lot of good players and good teams down the stretch. Outside of profit for the NBA, it's 100% pointless.

Otherwise stern is doing a good job IMO.

LeBron is only getting to the line 5 times per game.. alot of no calls going against him this year

chong2204
11-21-2012, 03:55 AM
I'm just happy their is no lockout to deal with.

Mr_Jones
11-21-2012, 04:10 AM
the nba isnt nearly as interesting as watching all these young kids play pop warner in their tight little uniforms grabbing each other and pulling one another to the rough ground if u know what i mean

Ebbs
11-21-2012, 05:45 AM
The best since I've been a fan and my favorite player isn't even playing yet.

Minimal
11-21-2012, 07:07 AM
It is pretty good

Alayla
11-21-2012, 07:12 AM
yea i argee its an up year

JasonJohnHorn
11-21-2012, 08:53 AM
It's a great season in the making. I think the season is defined by the playoffs though, but I expect the playoffs to be very exciting this year.

And even teams that we thought would be $#!T are playing pretty well (Charlotte and Orlando come to mind). Though Washington is grossly underachieving right now, though Wall and Nene have yet to hit the floor yet this season, and those two are likely their best players.

Having a super-team like LAL, and a deep team like LAC in the same city, and then the BK vs. NY rivalry with Mia and OKC as defending conference champs...Memphis playing well and Duncan found the foutain of youth... there are a lot of exciting story lines. It is going to be one of the most exciting seasons in recent memory.

StarvingKnick22
11-21-2012, 09:15 AM
Im just gonna wait until the end here....

Hawkeye15
11-21-2012, 01:59 PM
too early to tell. Besides, as a Wolves fan, our depleted *** team is just treading water, hopefully to give my my best season in 8 years in a few months.

As for the rest of the NBA, meh, average season. Nothing stands out, and its way too early. Many teams haven't gone thru much adversity yet.