PDA

View Full Version : Jeremy Lin exposed

Pages : [1] 2

superior
11-20-2012, 01:56 PM
Through the first month of the season, "Linsanity" lol is putting up a jaw dropping 10 and 6 on 34% shooting as the starter......Houston wasted their money

Chronz
11-20-2012, 01:58 PM
Sad but you could be right (about him being exposed but in terms of finance I need more figures). My biggest fear was that his jumpshot/isolation numbers were fluky. I always told people he didnt have good courtvision so him making those shots were of the utmost importance to his playmaking/scoring efficiency.

DoMeFavors
11-20-2012, 02:01 PM
They have 3 overpaid role players in Harden, Lin, Asik that are paid like superstars

Max.This
11-20-2012, 02:02 PM
Asik has been putting up pretty good numbers. Harden will be a superstar.

JNoel
11-20-2012, 02:03 PM
Lin was a marketing strategy from the start for the Rockets, I hope he picks up his play eventually.

Ebbs
11-20-2012, 02:04 PM
They'll make it back in merchandise

nycericanguy
11-20-2012, 02:06 PM
Signing Lin wasn't a horrible move, but its perplexing because they let 2 superior PG's go in order to sign Lin.

Dragic at $7.5m is putting up 16 & 7 on 47%.

Lowry at $5.6m is 18, 6 & 6 on 55%

Lin at $8.4m 10 & 6 on 34%

Imagine if HOU had kept Dragic & Scola

Asik
Scola
Parsons
Harden
Dragic

That's a really good team actually.

Chronz
11-20-2012, 02:06 PM
They have 3 overpaid role players in Harden, Lin, Asik that are paid like superstars

LMFAO show me a superstar making Asik money. Thats the kind of money Emeka Okafor laughs at, is he a superstar.

Learn how to measure market value plz

Chronz
11-20-2012, 02:07 PM
Signing Lin wasn't a horrible move, but its perplexing because they let 2 superior PG's go in order to sign Lin.

Asik
Scola
Parsons
Harden
Dragic

Are we sure they didnt need the assets from trading/releasing those guys to get Harden+Asik?

nycericanguy
11-20-2012, 02:08 PM
LMFAO show me a superstar making Asik money. Thats the kind of money Emeka Okafor laughs at, is he a superstar.

Learn how to measure market value plz

Yea I was wrong on Asik, he can play. If his offense comes around even just a little he's a force. Which leads to another question. Why would CHI pay a soon to be 28 year old Gibson who is a mediocre starter at best, $8m+, yet pass on Asik for the same price?

nycericanguy
11-20-2012, 02:09 PM
They needed the assets from trading those guys to get Harden.

The only asset they used in the Harden trade was TOR's lottery pick.

They could still have signed Dragic and traded Lowry and gotten Harden.

Also, even without that TOR pick HOU had pieces to make a deal, it might have cost them Morris instead but HOU was clearly the team targeting Harden all along the hardest.

I think they could have still made a deal.

Ill21
11-20-2012, 02:11 PM

Glad to see you back. You got 2 of 3 right. Harden will be a star in this league.

Chronz
11-20-2012, 02:14 PM
Yea I was wrong on Asik, he can play. If his offense comes around even just a little he's a force. Which leads to another question. Why would CHI pay a soon to be 28 year old Gibson who is a mediocre starter at best, $8m+, yet pass on Asik for the same price?

Well, for similar reasons that Houston took a gamble on Asik. The numbers belied a huge defensive presence that Houston could take advantage of. The Bulls bench was epic defensively the last few years but those same numbers also hinted that Gibson was the more important anchor of the 2. Hes also a player they can pair with Boozer/Noah more effectively than Asik could.

yankeeswin27
11-20-2012, 02:15 PM
YUP. So happy the knicks didnt fall for thaat guy.

Chronz
11-20-2012, 02:15 PM
The only asset they used in the Harden trade was TOR's lottery pick.

They could still have signed Dragic and traded Lowry and gotten Harden.

Also, even without that TOR pick HOU had pieces to make a deal, it might have cost them Morris instead but HOU was clearly the team targeting Harden all along the hardest.

I think they could have still made a deal.

So they had the cap space to get Asik even without releasing Scola?

Hellcrooner
11-20-2012, 02:21 PM
They should try to fool some team and trade him for a pick and an expiring before he loses more value.

sep11ie
11-20-2012, 02:22 PM
Harden wasn't on the radar when our moves were made. Have fun with Johnson, Wallace and Lopez in a few years Dome favors.

Htownballa1622
11-20-2012, 02:26 PM

Harden isn't overpaid. Asik is fair value. Lin is arguably overpaid but he was brought in more for marketing purposes and potential.

overpaid is that sg on your team. You're clueless.

MackShock
11-20-2012, 02:26 PM
LOL leave Lin alone dude. I said this to everybody when Linsanity happened, and it is still fitting now. Judge him at the end of the season. It's only been a few games..see what he does over the course of a season before you say anything. 10 and 6 wont look so bad once they make the playoffs right?

1-800-STFU
11-20-2012, 02:28 PM

Asik has been worth it. Been DPOY good so far, and will be for a long time.

2-ONE-5
11-20-2012, 02:28 PM

if Harden is overpaid and a role player what does that make Joe Johnson?

ColtsSpursTerps
11-20-2012, 02:29 PM
I don't like the last thing Lin said but I don't see why everyone is so against him. players like him are a rarity (well, the records he broke, more than a rarity), appreciate it. even if he averages 7 and 4 for the rest of his career, what he did will go down in history

Gram
11-20-2012, 02:32 PM

:facepalm:

Jint.
poo poo Lin

Toxeryll
right on par with my expectations

TeamSeattle
11-20-2012, 02:36 PM
I'm not sure why there is a pitchfork convention to ruin this kid's reputation and say I told you so on his play this year. The only thing he's doing wrong is shooting a bad percentage, mainly because he's out of shape. Its like the experts want to right in the reason he wasn't drafted back 3 years ago. Relax and wait until the end of the year.

goose14741
11-20-2012, 02:41 PM
Like I've said all along, Houston must not of scoured him very well. When Lin had a 20 & 6 game, sportscenter turned it into 30 & 12. But do I think the knicks should have matched? Yes I do. I do because he would be free and take not hit on the cap. He is also humble enough to take prigionis role. No I wouldn't want him to start but the more free and tradeable talent the better. Houston made a mistake believing they could build around him.

kbtwofour
11-20-2012, 02:41 PM

Asik is actually playing well and you can only say he will be overpaid in his final year of his deal.

Matrix3132
11-20-2012, 02:45 PM
Did he even have an offseason?

If I recall, Lin was still having issues with his knee in preseason and probably is still getting his legs back. Even if his numbers don't change much all year, I still think nobody should judge him until next year, that's what you do when young players are coming back from serious injuries, right?

Also, the few rockets games I've seen, harden has the ball a lot. Not that that's a bad thing, he's their best player, but its kind of like steve nash in mike brown's offense. Lin needs the ball to put up his type of numbers and I'm sure he and harden are still learning how to play together.

This is also a very new team and a hard team to get assists on with very poor low post scoring and when scoring point guards don't have other guys finishing, they have trouble keeping defenses on their heels. Asik looks good but his offense still makes tyson chandler look like dwight howard. Lin should average about 3-4 more assists a game from asik's missed layups alone.

He's not going to have a kyrie irving type career but that doesn't mean he won't find his place in this league as an important player once he has time to get his legs under him and become more familiar with his team.

rhymeratic
11-20-2012, 03:15 PM
Jeremy Lin is a system PG. Right now the system he's playing in Houston is not conducive to him putting up numbers. Plus he's coming off injury. I never thought of him as being an efficient player EVER. So I kind of put him in the Brandon Jennings category although slightly let talented but bigger, stronger, slower. I think over time he'll get better and be a 42% FG 33% 3pt shooter. Assists to turnover ratio will be 2:1.2 for the most part. So he'll always be a TO machine. But as he gets better teammates around him who can finish plays, he'll look better.

Knicks made better deal for their franchise. Rockets will be fine with Lin overtime. WAY TOO Early to give up on Lin.

greg_ory_2005
11-20-2012, 03:16 PM
Not really surprising.

nycericanguy
11-20-2012, 03:36 PM
Jeremy Lin is a system PG. Right now the system he's playing in Houston is not conducive to him putting up numbers. Plus he's coming off injury. I never thought of him as being an efficient player EVER. So I kind of put him in the Brandon Jennings category although slightly let talented but bigger, stronger, slower. I think over time he'll get better and be a 42% FG 33% 3pt shooter. Assists to turnover ratio will be 2:1.2 for the most part. So he'll always be a TO machine. But as he gets better teammates around him who can finish plays, he'll look better.

Knicks made better deal for their franchise. Rockets will be fine with Lin overtime. WAY TOO Early to give up on Lin.

Lin was very efficient offensively in NY.

He hasn't been a TO machine at all this year.

Although the lower TO's have come at the cost of overall production.

koreancabbage
11-20-2012, 03:46 PM
his shooting %s are horrid for a starting PG but its pretty hard to pass it to rookies/young players who are still trying to get acclimated to each other

JiffyMix88
11-20-2012, 03:46 PM

ok i cant help but ask since i see your name allot and it had me wondering because of the team you like and the date you joined...

does your name DoMeFavors pertain to you wanting Favors to sex you anally while he was on the Nets?

rhymeratic
11-20-2012, 03:50 PM
Lin was very efficient offensively in NY.

He hasn't been a TO machine at all this year.

Although the lower TO's have come at the cost of overall production.

Now that is not true...

Feb. during the heart of Linsanity he avg 5.0 once again 5.0 TO per game.

I know you watch the Knicks like I do. He went down in March to still a WHOPPING 3.8 TO per game largely in part to them giving the ball to Melo to bring the ball up court at times.

Nothing efficient about that. Ideal ratios have always been 3:1.

This year he has James Harden to take pressure off him so his TO are down at 2.6 but that's still high when realize he has the ball less than he supposed to.

GiantsSwaGG
11-20-2012, 03:51 PM
For the first time maybe in his life Dolan looks smart not overpaying for this guy

THE MTL
11-20-2012, 04:02 PM

Asik
Scola
Parsons
Harden
Dragic

Dragic and Lowry didnt want to stay in Houston cause its a *****hole. Anyway, im glad my boy Lin robbed them of 25 million.

sep11ie
11-20-2012, 04:03 PM
Yea, cause NY is a wonderful place to live.

nycericanguy
11-20-2012, 04:07 PM
Now that is not true...

Feb. during the heart of Linsanity he avg 5.0 once again 5.0 TO per game.

I know you watch the Knicks like I do. He went down in March to still a WHOPPING 3.8 TO per game largely in part to them giving the ball to Melo to bring the ball up court at times.

Nothing efficient about that. Ideal ratios have always been 3:1.

This year he has James Harden to take pressure off him so his TO are down at 2.6 but that's still high when realize he has the ball less than he supposed to.

TO's alone do not make you an in-efficient player. Some of the great players in the game today average around 4 TO's per game.

Lin in NY had an insanely high usage rate when Melo & Amare were out, which will of course lead to alot of TO's no matter who you are.

Offensively Lin had a PER of well over 20.0 during his run as a starter. He was VERY efficient.

nycericanguy
11-20-2012, 04:07 PM

Agreed. Wouldn't leave here for anywhere else. :D

GiantsSwaGG
11-20-2012, 04:08 PM

Houston is dangerous. Cloverland

LongIslandIcedZ
11-20-2012, 04:11 PM

Never been to Houston, so I wont say anything about that.

Are you implaying NYC is not a nice, desirable place to live? If so, you are very incorrect.

I would like to go to Houston though, hopefully work sends me there.

Captain Moroni
11-20-2012, 04:12 PM
Also, the few rockets games I've seen, harden has the ball a lot. Not that that's a bad thing, he's their best player, but its kind of like steve nash in mike brown's offense. Lin needs the ball to put up his type of numbers and I'm sure he and harden are still learning how to play together..

I'm a big Lin fan. Loved linsanity and wanted him re-signed BEFORE the poison pill contract.

Listen to what you are saying here....Lin needs the ball to put up his type of numbers.

To me this is exactly what screwed up the Knicks, and why Melo/Amare could not mesh. If your PG is a scorer, and constantly having to Need the Ball to get his numbers, your offense is going to get stale. This is why I am in no way afraid of Amare returning, he now has three pass first quarterbacks and that will make him and melo be downright scary on offense.

Lin will always have me as a fan, but his style of play is not conducive to winning big in the NBA.

GiantsSwaGG
11-20-2012, 04:13 PM
I'm a big Lin fan. Loved linsanity and wanted him re-signed BEFORE the poison pill contract.

Listen to what you are saying here....Lin needs the ball to put up his type of numbers.

To me this is exactly what screwed up the Knicks, and why Melo/Amare could not mesh. If your PG is a scorer, and constantly having to Need the Ball to get his numbers, your offense is going to get stale. This is why I am in no way afraid of Amare returning, he now has three pass first quarterbacks and that will make him and melo be downright scary on offense.

Lin will always have me as a fan, but his style of play is not conducive to winning big in the NBA.

His style of play will lead to injuries

DreamShaker
11-20-2012, 04:17 PM

This.

More-Than-Most
11-20-2012, 04:17 PM
Been saying it from day one

RLundi
11-20-2012, 04:19 PM
I've never been sold.

Wish I would've put it in my sig :(

PleaseBeNice
11-20-2012, 04:20 PM
Linsanity was insanity. It was only because he is asian

AddiX
11-20-2012, 04:52 PM
I think he was overrated but give him some time.

The amt of time I've seen this board give to players like mayo Evans cousins and many others, but Lin is held to a higher standard for obvious reasons.

See how the kid develops within the system, the entire team is still learning together.

310Casper
11-20-2012, 05:01 PM
career backup pg

alexander_37
11-20-2012, 05:01 PM
Lol he is playing like a 5 million dollar a year player right now which is what he is getting paid till his last year.

Why is no one calling out Joe Johnson? Oh yeah he isn't asian :laugh:

The funniest thing is Lin has a higher PER than Johnson ! :laugh: :laugh:

Kashmir13579
11-20-2012, 05:12 PM
Its honestly way to early. Still have every bit of faith in this kid. His shooting numbers won't stay in the gutter.

Kashmir13579
11-20-2012, 05:13 PM
Lol he is playing like a 5 million dollar a year player right now which is what he is getting paid till his last year.

He will be under a microscope forever.

Kashmir13579
11-20-2012, 05:14 PM
Been saying it from day one

You've been saying a lot of things from "day one" :rolleyes:

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

nycericanguy
11-20-2012, 05:32 PM

You really need to learn how the CAP works.

Joe Johnson gets called out almost everyday on PSD.

Lin already played the race card... its not on the table for you now.

NYYCowboys
11-20-2012, 05:32 PM
I for one wanted the Knicks to resign him simply because at the time he was clearly a nice young asset to have. I hated that they let a young asset like that go for nothing in return. He's probably the sample size poster boy, but my god his shooting %s have been abysmal. He has a 37.6% eFG% :puke:

That being said I will, as we all should, reserve final judgement until after he's played a full season.

jaydubb
11-20-2012, 05:34 PM
I saw this one coming... I knew Lin got payed way too much money, he's only started 25 games before this season.. Not nearly enough time to prove himself imo..

alexander_37
11-20-2012, 05:39 PM
You really need to learn how the CAP works.

Joe Johnson gets called out almost everyday on PSD.

Lin already played the race card... its not on the table for you now.

Please explain how writing off a guy who is making start # 30 something at 24 years old and has a PER higher than

Josh Smith
Kawhi Leonard
Ray Allen
MWP
Roy Hibbert
Tyreke Evans
BRANDON KNIGHT

is an " overrated waste of money "

sep11ie
11-20-2012, 05:48 PM
He's actually playing better than I figured he would...

Cromedome
11-20-2012, 05:50 PM
I had zero faith in him so his bad play doesn't surprise me.

DrDre94
11-20-2012, 05:51 PM
The same way you all said Linsanity was too short of a period to determine if he was legit, the same rule applies in this case.

Give Lin more time before we make conclusions.

PlezPlayDKnicks
11-20-2012, 05:51 PM
Exposed in how many games ??? Knee jerk reaction maybe .

Cromedome
11-20-2012, 05:52 PM
Let's give him another 25 games before we judge him.

Gram
11-20-2012, 05:52 PM

Don't be a homer, he's overpaid, overrated and overhyped. I've been saying this since he was a Knick.

He's also getting payed 8 million, not 5. :facepalm:

alexander_37
11-20-2012, 05:54 PM
Don't be a homer, he's overpaid, overrated and overhyped. I've been saying this since he was a Knick.

He's also getting payed 8 million, not 5. :facepalm:

Thing is, regardless Houston still has room for a max so it doesn't matter! :clap:

He115ing
11-20-2012, 05:57 PM
Please explain how writing off a guy who is making start # 30 something at 24 years old and has a PER higher than

Josh Smith
Kawhi Leonard
Ray Allen
MWP
Roy Hibbert
Tyreke Evans
BRANDON KNIGHT

Why are you so stuck on the PER rating? Why I believe Lin is not deserving of the contract he got is because he is unproven. Linsanity was great but did not last long and look how it ended, with a season ending injury. Knicks traded away a lot of young talent in the past, but this time they made the right choice, along with Fields (that dude is abysmal)

mdm692
11-20-2012, 05:59 PM
Dragic>>>Lin

Gram
11-20-2012, 05:59 PM
It's all about Jereman Shumplin.

alexander_37
11-20-2012, 06:01 PM
Why are you so stuck on the PER rating? Why I believe Lin is not deserving of the contract he got is because he is unproven. Linsanity was great but did not last long and look how it ended, with a season ending injury. Knicks traded away a lot of young talent in the past, but this time they made the right choice, along with Fields (that dude is abysmal)

Why are you so stuck on "linsanity" No one EVER expected that so who cares. He is playing very solid basketball outside of his shooting %. Give me that at an average of 7-8 million per year any day. His shooting will sort itself out over time.

valade16
11-20-2012, 06:28 PM
The same way you all said Linsanity was too short of a period to determine if he was legit, the same rule applies in this case.

Give Lin more time before we make conclusions.

Boom! This.

Blitzace137
11-20-2012, 06:39 PM
I think he was overrated but give him some time.

The amt of time I've seen this board give to players like mayo Evans cousins and many others, but Lin is held to a higher standard for obvious reasons.

See how the kid develops within the system, the entire team is still learning together.

+1 good post Lin's held to different standards. People want to jump on this guy every chance they get. It's obvious.

Blitzace137
11-20-2012, 06:41 PM
He will be under a microscope forever.

Truth. He'll be under the microscope and pressured to live up to unreasonable standards the rest of his career.

nycericanguy
11-20-2012, 06:41 PM

Josh Smith
Kawhi Leonard
Ray Allen
MWP
Roy Hibbert
Tyreke Evans
BRANDON KNIGHT

You're not too good at this PSD thing, maybe you should try something else.

Quote me where I said that? Because I didn't...lol

GodsSon
11-20-2012, 06:47 PM
People should know by now that EVERY player that plays in NY (regardless of sport) is disgustingly overhyped.

alexander_37
11-20-2012, 06:49 PM
You're not too good at this PSD thing, maybe you should try something else.

Quote me where I said that? Because I didn't...lol

As a consensus....

SouthSideRookie
11-20-2012, 06:54 PM
Through the first month of the season, "Linsanity" lol is putting up a jaw dropping 10 and 6 on 34% shooting as the starter......Houston wasted their money

GTFO, go try MLB.

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?t=781176

GiantsSwaGG
11-20-2012, 07:10 PM
Thing is, regardless Houston still has room for a max so it doesn't matter! :clap:

So you don't mind overpaying a player?

GiantsSwaGG
11-20-2012, 07:10 PM
GTFO, go try MLB.

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?t=781176

:laugh: that was a joke of a thread

alexander_37
11-20-2012, 07:15 PM

I still fail to see how he is overpaid, besides that I am curious why everyone cares so much. No one batted an eye at Johnson's contract and he is playing significantly worse.

GiantsSwaGG
11-20-2012, 07:20 PM
I still fail to see how he is overpaid, besides that I am curious why everyone cares so much. No one batted an eye at Johnson's contract and he is playing significantly worse.

Johnson is one of the worst contracts in history. Lin is overpaid especially at the last year of his deal. He's not that good and isn't the type of PG that will lead you to the playoffs. Rockets were desperate and overreacted

sep11ie
11-20-2012, 07:27 PM

Do you mind?

GiantsSwaGG
11-20-2012, 07:31 PM
Do you mind?

Do you?

alexander_37
11-20-2012, 07:34 PM
Johnson is one of the worst contracts in history. Lin is overpaid especially at the last year of his deal. He's not that good and isn't the type of PG that will lead you to the playoffs. Rockets were desperate and overreacted

Lol yup go ahead and right him off :clap:

24 year old player with less than a half a season of starting experience. He can NEVER get any better, ever.

You are a genius bro.

GiantsSwaGG
11-20-2012, 07:40 PM
Lol yup go ahead and right him off :clap:

24 year old player with less than a half a season of starting experience. He can NEVER get any better, ever.

You are a genius bro.

Yeah you're right,

Doesn't have a reliable jumper
Can't go left
Turnover prone
Suspect court vision
Below average defender
Only played well in the Dantoni's system
Played like a little girl against the heat

Take the homer shades off

sep11ie
Do you?

Just saying, how many overpriced players are on your team?

Also, we HAD to overpay. We needed a big name/headline. He's young, has a sexy name, gets us money and has a chance to grow on a young team.

GiantsSwaGG
Funny thing is he's not even the best PG on his team. Harden is a better point lol

GiantsSwaGG
11-20-2012, 07:44 PM
Just saying, how many overpriced players are on your team?

Also, we HAD to overpay. We needed a big name/headline. He's young, has a sexy name, gets us money and has a chance to grow on a young team.

How is his game sexy?

He can't go left
Doesn't have a jumper
Turnover prone

You guys signed him cause there was no PG left, he was Asian and like you said tried to sell tickets. I guess selling tickets is more important than winning

JasonJohnHorn
11-20-2012, 07:45 PM

I forgive them the Lin signing. I think they were hoping for a merchandise cash-cow like they got with Yao.

That said, they did let two very good PGs go, but I think it was more about making room to take on coontracts in the Dwight Howard trade than anything. Asik and Harden I think will prove worth of the money they are paying, but Lin looks like he's going to strugle.

I hope he picks up though.

alexander_37
11-20-2012, 07:45 PM
How is his game sexy?

He can't go left
Doesn't have a jumper
Turnover prone

You guys signed him cause there was no PG left, he was Asian and like you said tried to sell tickets. I guess selling tickets is more important than winning

He said name, learn how to read.

GiantsSwaGG
11-20-2012, 07:50 PM
He said name, learn how to read.

Clearly a mistake, but you thinking Lin is better than Johnson and justifying his contract clearly isn't. Learn how to take your homer shades off

alexander_37
11-20-2012, 07:51 PM
Clearly a mistake, but you thinking Lin is better than Johnson and justifying his contract clearly isn't. Learn how to take your homer shades off

Lol thinking that he isn't overpaid makes me a homer?

Nycbball08
11-20-2012, 07:51 PM
Asik has been putting up pretty good numbers. Harden will be a superstar.

Superstar or star..?

More-Than-Most
11-20-2012, 07:52 PM

That is 2 more times than you :D

GiantsSwaGG
11-20-2012, 07:52 PM

Yup...

Everyone except you thinks he's overpaid. Stats prove he's overpaid. Homer much

More-Than-Most
11-20-2012, 07:53 PM

He is the Wilson of basketball... Ov Er Rate D :D :love:

heyman321
11-20-2012, 07:53 PM
Y'all hating cause he's Asian.

And that he's shooting 35%.

GiantsSwaGG
11-20-2012, 07:54 PM
He is the Wilson of basketball... Ov Er Rate D :D :love:

I remember him saying the Golden Tate completion call was correct :facepalm:

alexander_37
11-20-2012, 07:54 PM
Yup...

Everyone except you thinks he's overpaid. Stats prove he's overpaid. Homer much

Oh I didn't know I was arguing with ESPN, where the popular opinion is always right. :facepalm:

GiantsSwaGG
11-20-2012, 07:55 PM
Y'all hating cause he's Asian.

And that he's shooting 35%.

Landry fields is doing better than him lol

alexander_37
11-20-2012, 07:55 PM

Lol this is all you have, you are like an even worse Stephen A. At least he has SOME semblance of intelligence.

GiantsSwaGG
11-20-2012, 07:57 PM
Oh I didn't know I was arguing with ESPN, where the popular opinion is always right. :facepalm:

I didn't basketball experts who also question the contract, nba players who's played in the league, while you have step foot in a court questioned the contract. Only you a rockets fan would justify a player who's shooting 34%, averaging 10.0ppg 2.5 TO, 25% from three... Stop it :facepalm:

alexander_37
Landry fields is doing better than him lol

Lin is shooting better than Steve Nash so far? Does that mean he sucks?

More-Than-Most

Lol I just mess with him honestly... Wilson is actually really good but Lin to me is not.

GiantsSwaGG
11-20-2012, 07:59 PM
Lol this is all you have, you are like an even worse Stephen A. At least he has SOME semblance of intelligence.

He probably has better knowledge than you when it comes to football and basketball. You were the only homer justifying that play :facepalm: now you're justifying this contract. Why am I not surprise?

alexander_37
11-20-2012, 08:00 PM
He probably has better knowledge than you when it comes to football and basketball. You were the only homer justifying that play :facepalm: now you're justifying this contract. Why am I not surprise?

See again all you do is attack people, please make at least one valid point......

GiantsSwaGG
11-20-2012, 08:00 PM
Lin is shooting better than Steve Nash so far? Does that mean he sucks?

Nash hasn't played but yes that means Nash sucks this season... Is that hard to understand?

GiantsSwaGG
11-20-2012, 08:01 PM
Lol I just mess with him honestly... Wilson is actually really good but Lin to me is not.

Wilson to me will be average at best. I'm still iffy with him. Lin is overrated and now he's overpaid

D-Leethal
11-20-2012, 08:01 PM
I am one of Lin's biggest supporters in the Knicks forum, but nobody can deny he's looked like absolute trash this season. I've watched a bunch of his games, he's not getting to the line, he's not making the clutch buckets, he's not scoring at will in iso situations. He's obviously having a great deal of trouble thriving off Harden. He's not an off-the ball PG.

Is the jury still out on him? Of course, he has potential, you don't do what he did last season without it, but I don't think the dynamic he has going right now is one he will thrive in, I also think Dragic and Lowry are both way better now and will be in the future, I also think Lin has been very bad and if I was a Rockets fan I would definitely be worried. His confidence also looks shot.

alexander_37
11-20-2012, 08:02 PM
Nash hasn't played but yes that means Nash sucks this season... Is that hard to understand?

Nash is 4-12 and 1-5.

But hey if 11 games is enough to write off a 24 years old with less than half a season of NBA experience then hey 2 games is enough for a what 18 year? Vet.

Solid logic bro.

PSD where Steve Nash sucks.

GiantsSwaGG
11-20-2012, 08:02 PM
I am one of Lin's biggest supporters in the Knicks forum, but nobody can deny he's looked like absolute trash this season. I've watched a bunch of his games, he's not getting to the line, he's not making the clutch buckets, he's not scoring at will in iso situations. He's obviously having a great deal of trouble thriving off Harden. He's not an off-the ball PG.

Is the jury still out on him? Of course, he has potential, you don't do what he did last season without it, but I don't think the dynamic he has going right now is one he will thrive in, I also think Dragic and Lowry are both way better now and will be in the future, I also think Lin has been very bad and if I was a Rockets fan I would definitely be worried. His confidence also looks shot.

Alexander thinks he's an Allstar

BKLYNpigeon
11-20-2012, 08:03 PM
Jeremy Lin needs to be in D'Antoni's offense to succeed.

imagine how bad Lin would be if he didnt have Harden...

It doesnt matter if Lin is making the Rockets more money from merchandise sales. His contract is still on the books and and there is a Salary Cap in the NBA. in year 3 Lin is going to make 15 million. lol.

alexander_37
11-20-2012, 08:04 PM
Alexander thinks he's an Allstar

Yup I said he is a solid player, a starting quality point guard.

But hey why not make **** up? You seem to be really good at it.

PLEASE PLEASE find where I said he is an all star.

GiantsSwaGG
11-20-2012, 08:04 PM
Nash is 4-12 and 1-5.

But hey if 11 games is enough to write off a 24 years old with less than half a season of NBA experience then hey 2 games is enough for a what 18 year? Vet.

Solid logic bro.

PSD where Steve Nash sucks.

Yeah, stil doesn't change the fact Lin so far is playing like Trash.

GiantsSwaGG
11-20-2012, 08:05 PM
Yup I said he is a solid player, a starting quality point guard.

But hey why not make **** up? You seem to be really good at it.

PLEASE PLEASE find where I said he is an all star.

Lin>Joe Johnson or did I make that up too?

BKLYNpigeon
11-20-2012, 08:05 PM
Lins contract isnt so bad until year 3.

first 2 years is 5 million and the third is 15 million. 8.3 million a year on average.

I could think of 10 contracts that are worse.

alexander_37
11-20-2012, 08:12 PM
Lin>Joe Johnson or did I make that up too?

Oh so Joe Johnson has played at an all star level so far?

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:: laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::l augh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::la ugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::lau gh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laug h::laugh:

GiantsSwaGG
11-20-2012, 08:14 PM
Oh so Joe Johnson has played at an all star level so far?

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:: laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::l augh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::la ugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::lau gh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laug h::laugh:

:facepalm: he's played better than Lin. Lin hasn't even play like a D league player

Even Fat Raymond Felton playing better...go figure

AddiX
11-20-2012, 08:15 PM

I'm a Lin fan who thinks he's probably overrated, but I'll give him his time.

As far as being under the microscope, he asked for it, he loves it, he's another one of these self aware d-bags just like tebow. If he sucks, he will get called out for it, and deserve every bit of it.

alexander_37
11-20-2012, 08:15 PM
:facepalm: he's played better than Lin. Lin hasn't even play like a D league player

Lol Joe Johnson has played like an all star this year how is Lin going to keep up ? :laugh:

GiantsSwaGG
11-20-2012, 08:17 PM
Lol Joe Johnson has played like an all star this year how is Lin going to keep up ? :laugh:

:laugh: can Lin even keep up is the question

blahblahyoutoo
11-20-2012, 08:24 PM
if Harden is overpaid and a role player what does that make Joe Johnson?

why does everyone attack the other guy's team/players?
this thread is about Lin/Houston and at least DMF kept it on topic.

back on topic. whoever didn't see this during "linsanity" last season doesn't know bball.

alexander_37
11-20-2012, 08:26 PM
why does everyone attack the other guy's team/players?
this thread is about Lin/Houston and at least DMF kept it on topic.

back on topic. whoever didn't see this during "linsanity" last season doesn't know bball.

The point is NO ONE expected Lin to keep it up, nobody. That is not even the question, the thing is when people attack him because of that. The guy is playing decent basketball other than his shooting percentages. Yet people call him a bust or overrated because he isn't putting up 20 points a game when he isn't being asked/expected to.

TopsyTurvy
11-20-2012, 08:49 PM
I don't know why anyone is complaining. Harden would have gotten max anywhere he went, Asik got the "solid big man" free-agency premium, and Lin got paid the expected rate for mid-top level starting PG.

I don't think Houston overpaid for any player.

Whether those players are performing is up for discussion. Harden has been scoring, but needs to find his three-point shot again. Asik has really stepped into his role well and only has to prove he can continue to perform at this level for the duration of the season to become a free-agency steal (if not Most Improved Player material). Lin has been struggling of late, but he's on a new team, new staff, new personnel.

:shrug:

Evolution23
11-20-2012, 09:05 PM
I know they took Lin out of the overtime game in OT. Toney Douglas got the start over him. That tells me something about Lin, because Toney Douglas is garbage.

rhymeratic
11-21-2012, 09:47 AM
Why is Joe Johnson being compared with Jeremy Lin. Joe Johnson is LIGHT YEARS better than Lin. Lets keep it real folks.

Lin right now is PERFORMING like the WORST starting PG in the league. I strongly believe his ceiling is somewhere between Brandon Jennings and Mike Conley. But please, lets stop talking about him until he's actually producing.

JayW_1023
11-21-2012, 09:55 AM
He is solid, that's it. No one said he was gonna be elite to begin with. Stop the hate.

superior
11-21-2012, 10:05 AM
Why is Joe Johnson being compared with Jeremy Lin. Joe Johnson is LIGHT YEARS better than Lin. Lets keep it real folks.

Lin right now is PERFORMING like the WORST starting PG in the league. I strongly believe his ceiling is somewhere between Brandon Jennings and Mike Conley. But please, lets stop talking about him until he's actually producing.

Nowhere near conley and couldnt see jennings with a telescope

sep11ie
11-21-2012, 06:10 PM

They have TOTALLY different contracts. Holy hell, how can YOU compare the 2?

alexander_37
11-21-2012, 06:43 PM
He is solid, that's it. No one said he was gonna be elite to begin with. Stop the hate.

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

blahblahyoutoo
11-21-2012, 06:51 PM

except he's not even solid.
he is end of bench, practice squad, borderline towel boy status.

nycericanguy
11-22-2012, 10:31 AM
Lin was benched late again for Toney Douglas... Lin seems to be falling out of favor over there. Coach took a shot at him with that quote. another 2-9 night, more TO's than points or assists.

“I felt Toney gave us our best chance to win. I’m big on heart. I’m big on toughness. I always put a huge value on it.”

Kenny
11-22-2012, 10:57 AM
Getting benched for Toney"I'm a pg with no vision" Douglas is as pathetic as it gets.

RC3
11-22-2012, 11:10 AM
It wasn't only lin that won those games last year. Without chandler, shumpert, and Novak, there would be no linsanity.

Becks2307
11-22-2012, 11:26 AM
It wasn't only lin that won those games last year. Without chandler, shumpert, and Novak, there would be no linsanity.

Novak didnt even exist until Lin started getting him involved. Either way things arent looking good at all.

KnickFanSince91
11-22-2012, 01:56 PM
HOUSTON ó Itís becoming a habit. For the second time in four games, Jeremy Lin spent the decisive minutes on the bench.
Talk about your Linsanity.

First he watched Toney Douglas try to stem the tide against Damian Lillard during overtime of a loss at Portland. Then at home on Wednesday night, Lin simply watched all but two minutes of the fourth quarter as Douglas lifted the Rockets to a 93-89 win over the Bulls.

ďIím happy because we lost three in a row and needed a win. Thatís for sure,Ē Lin said.

Team camaraderie aside, the Rockets need their point guard of the present and future to be able to stay on the floor to run the offense down the stretch. But to do that heís going to have to make significant defensive strides.

When the Blazers were making their comeback in the fourth quarter last week, Lillard drove around and shot over Lin as if he wasnít there. At the start of the final period against the Bulls, it was Nate Robinson who got on a roll and devoured Lin. Acting Rockets coach Kelvin Sampson watched Robinson stick a 3-pointer in Linís face and then drove for a dazzling 360-degree layup when he had enough and turned to Douglas.

On one hand, it was Nate being Nate, taking off on one of those sprees that has occasionally made him a marvel in the league. On the other, it was Lin being Lin, bedeviled and bewildered defensively.
ďYou have to go with your instincts,Ē Sampson said. ďYouíre not always right with that stuff. But I felt like Toney gave us our best chance to win. Yeah, a much better matchup with Nate.Ē

Linís troubles putting the ball into the basket this season have been well known. He shot just 2-for-9 from the field against the Bulls and is now 42-for-126 (33.3 percent) on the season.

Itís one thing to try to straighten out a wayward shot. Thatís an individual thing. But if he has to constantly be replaced for a capable stopper on defense, then heís not going to be on the floor to play quarterback on offense and isnít helping at either end of the floor at crunch time. The Rockets need a guy they invested $25 million in to be more than a part-time player and a late-game spectator.

ďYeah, I think thatís for reasons of defense,Ē Lin said. ďIím not really sure. Ask Coach. But I think itís a defensive thing. I didnít do a very good job of making Nate Robinson uncomfortable. Iíve got to do a better job.Ē

You know it's bad when you are getting replaced for TD down the stretch for defensive purposes.

Blitzace137
11-22-2012, 02:00 PM
Lin was benched late again for Toney Douglas... Lin seems to be falling out of favor over there. Coach took a shot at him with that quote. another 2-9 night, more TO's than points or assists.

“I felt Toney gave us our best chance to win. I’m big on heart. I’m big on toughness. I always put a huge value on it.”

I don't care what anybody says Lin needed the Knicks as much as we needed him. Woodson and Kidd would have took his game to the next level on both ends of the court. People can keep saying he's better off in Houston because he's allowed to make mistakes but in NY he would be thrown into the fire but IMO would come out as a better player.

I hope he figures it out because he's on his own in H town no veterans to help him out there. Kenny Atkinson is another guy who helped Lin big time with the Knicks, a guy who Lin is missing I bet right about now.

xXx J0SE 21 xXx
11-22-2012, 02:05 PM
Yeah his contract is horrid and he's overrated but having a guy Like James harden right next to him isn't helping Lin. Harden is like a hybrid pg/sg and a great playmaker. He and Lin do not co- exist , to me Lin is a system guy!

Blitzace137
11-22-2012, 02:09 PM
Yeah his contract is horrid and he's overrated but having a guy Like James harden right next to him isn't helping Lin. Harden is like a hybrid pg/sg and a great playmaker. He and Lin do not co- exist , to me Lin is a system guy!

He needs to be the primary ball handler like Nash to be effective. Harden is a great playmaker making Lin the secondary ball handler in that team. When you turn Lin into a spot up shooter he will not be as effective.

Even when he played with Melo and Amare he was the primary playmaker/ball handler which is why he was still effective. He dosent fit in with the current Rocket team.

Shawn2timer
11-22-2012, 02:19 PM
Isn't Lin making 5 million this year? Landry Fields is making 6 mill+, if anyone is worth an overpaid thread its him.

Besides its not like your writing off a player 9 games into the season who happens to be under 25. Oh wait you are. Call him overpaid two years from now. Until then, inconsistency is expected, Houston is a young team.

Also, 10 and 6 for his worst isn't bad. If he gets those shooting numbers where will his stats be? Again its not as if you are judging a player's shooting numbers in November, oh wait you are. If Lin really is that bad, than the Knicks are the best team in the leaue

alexander_37
11-22-2012, 02:21 PM
Lin played poorly last night no excuse for that.

GiantsSwaGG
11-22-2012, 02:23 PM
Lin played poorly, but he's 24

KnickaBocka.44
11-22-2012, 02:26 PM
Isn't Lin making 5 million this year? Landry Fields is making 6 mill+, if anyone is worth an overpaid thread its him.

Besides its not like your writing off a player 9 games into the season who happens to be under 25. Oh wait you are. Call him overpaid two years from now. Until then, inconsistency is expected, Houston is a young team.

Also, 10 and 6 for his worst isn't bad. If he gets those shooting numbers where will his stats be? Again its not as if you are judging a player's shooting numbers in November, oh wait you are. If Lin really is that bad, than the Knicks are the best team in the leaue

He's making $8.3 million this year

Shawn2timer
11-22-2012, 02:28 PM
Also this is on the Rockets. We knew what we had in NY. A young, raw talented player that needed to develop with veterans around him. Houston pulled him and put him on one of the youngest teams in the league to reproduce "Linsanity". Inconsistency should be expected, and who's to say the best doesn't pay off in 2-3 years when all these young guys mature and have chemistry

knicksfan42
11-22-2012, 02:30 PM
So far Lin is 32nd in scoring amongst PGs, 28th in Assists to Turnover ratio amongst PGs, 35th in TS% amongst PGs. He's been pretty awful, but there are still plenty of games left to go.

Shawn2timer
11-22-2012, 02:32 PM
He's making $8.3 million this year

You are incorrect sir. You can't just average out his salary. He is getting 5 mill this year. 5.2 the next year and 15 mill in that third year.

Not to mention 5 mill is the cap hit as well, kind of matters

You can call him overpaid in the 2014-2015 season.

Shawn2timer
11-22-2012, 02:36 PM
So far Lin is 32nd in scoring amongst PGs, 28th in Assists to Turnover ratio amongst PGs, 35th in TS% amongst PGs. He's been pretty awful, but there are still plenty of games left to go.

His shooting has been awful. He's at his worst and is averaging 10 ppg, 6.3 apg and 4.5 rpg. Did Rockets fans think that his turnover problems were going to disappear in his second year on a new young team?

nycericanguy
11-22-2012, 02:40 PM
You are incorrect sir. You can't just average out his salary. He is getting 5 mill this year. 5.2 the next year and 15 mill in that third year.

Your entire post is incorrect.

Lin's contract IS averaged out, it would only have been 5/5/15 had NY matched, hence the last year "poison pill". When a team gives out an offer like that they average the contract out over 3 years, so Lin is making $8.4m for 3 years, same as Asik. Teams don't make offers to "poison" themselves!...lol.

Shawn2timer
11-22-2012, 02:52 PM

Lin's contract IS averaged out, it would only have been 5/5/15 had NY matched, hence the last year "poison pill". When a team gives out an offer like that they average the contract out over 3 years, so Lin is making $8.4m for 3 years, same as Asik. Teams don't make offers to "poison" themselves!...lol.

Prove this please. Teams and companies differently structure contracts all the time, this one happens to be back loaded

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/houston.htm

I have no problem admitting I'm wrong but don't tell me I'm completely wrong w/o proof, I don't really care how you "think" is contract is structured.

Also even if they have decided to pay him on an average basis, the cap hit this year is still 5 mill. Which means my entire post isn't incorrect. So go **** yourself

And you don't need to make my whole post bold if you are going to quote it and say the whole thing is wrong. The latter already does that

GiantsSwaGG
11-22-2012, 03:01 PM

No you're wrong...he's going to make 5 million each of the first 2 season then 15 in his final season "hence why NY didn't match"

Da Knicks
11-22-2012, 03:08 PM

This is correct, Lin was a poison pill for the Knicks the rockets will pay 8.4 for the next three years.

GiantsSwaGG
11-22-2012, 03:10 PM
This is correct, Lin was a poison pill for the Knicks the rockets will pay 8.4 for the next three years.

No he will make 5 mil for the first 2 seasons and 15 the final year.

justinnum1
11-22-2012, 03:13 PM

correct, but he will count 8mil towards houstons cap for the next 3 years.

sep11ie
11-22-2012, 03:15 PM

He'll never count for 15 million against our cap, or 5 million.

nycericanguy
11-22-2012, 03:17 PM
Prove this please. Teams and companies differently structure contracts all the time, this one happens to be back loaded

I have no problem admitting I'm wrong but don't tell me I'm completely wrong w/o proof, I don't really care how you "think" is contract is structured.

Also even if they have decided to pay him on an average basis, the cap hit this year is still 5 mill. Which means my entire post isn't incorrect. So go **** yourself

And you don't need to make my whole post bold if you are going to quote it and say the whole thing is wrong. The latter already does that

his cap hit is $8.4m. i dont know how HOU actually pays Lin, but on the books he counts as an $8.4m contract per year for 3 years. Thats not what I "think", thats a fact... google it... i already know so im not going to spend 10 minutes looking for clarification...lol

ESPN has him listed as $8.4m this year.

Asik is the same deal.

and yes when you're talking about a poison pill contract it IS averaged out, hence a team cannot offer a contract whose annual average exceeds their cap space for that given year.

so before you go cursing ppl out and acting ignorant, you might want to be 100% sure that you're correct. :p

Shawn2timer
11-22-2012, 03:22 PM
his cap hit is $8.4m. i dont know how HOU actually pays Lin, but on the books he counts as an $8.4m contract per year for 3 years. Thats not what I "think", thats a fact... google it... i already know so im not going to spend 10 minutes looking for clarification...lol

ESPN has him listed as $8.4m this year.

Asik is the same deal.

and yes when you're talking about a poison pill contract it IS averaged out, hence a team cannot offer a contract whose annual average exceeds their cap space for that given year.

If you already know it, but don't want to take the time to prove it, don't say it and keep it to yourself. But if you are going to go around calling other people wrong, bring something to the table

I don't get the logic of how it's only 5,5,15 if NY matches it? How does that make any sense. They offer him a contract, and if NY doesn't match it, they can just change the way its structured?

I definitely understand if the rules allow them to spread out the cap hit, as in 8 mill against the cap each year. But they are not paying him 8 mill this year

nycericanguy
11-22-2012, 03:26 PM

If you already know it, but don't want to take the time to prove it, don't say it and keep it to yourself. But if you are going to go around calling other people wrong, bring something to the table

I don't get the logic of how it's only 5,5,15 if NY matches it? How does that make any sense. They offer him a contract, and if NY doesn't match it, they can just change the way its structured?

I can see that, you clearly don't get how the cap or poison pills work, and thats fine... but dont go around acting like a know it all when you're 100% wrong, you're embarrassing yourself.

and here you go... cap hit $8.4m over 3 years...

http://www.spotrac.com/nba/houston-rockets/jeremy-lin/

you're welcome.

jimm120
11-22-2012, 03:31 PM

NO!

On the Knicks, that's what he would have been making. On any other team, its a cap hit of 8.3 each year.

nycericanguy
11-22-2012, 03:31 PM

I definitely understand if the rules allow them to spread out the cap hit, as in 8 mill against the cap each year. But they are not paying him 8 mill this year

You just completely changed what you first said, which was that his cap hit was $5m, and I said you were wrong.

Now you're admitting the cap hit is $8m, yet still trying to act like you were right all along...:facepalm:

jimm120
11-22-2012, 03:35 PM
correct, but he will count 8mil towards houstons cap for the next 3 years.

exactly!

That's what people aren't understanding here.

yeah, in his pocket, he'll only get 5/5/15...but when it comes to the team (WHICH IS WHAT'S IMPORTANT), it'll count as 8.4/8.4/8.4 each year. ONLY in NY would it have counted as 5/5/15.

These are the rules for the NBA.

jimm120
11-22-2012, 03:38 PM

Its some new rule now. Forgot who its named after.

Lin = he's actually getting payed 5/5/15 by the Rockets
Rockets = in their CAP, his contract amounts to $8.4 a year. They're still paying him only 5/5/15, but the cap hit is 8.4 a year
Knicks = IF they would have matched, he would have been a cap hit of 5/5/15 for the KNICKS ONLY.

Again, its one of the new 2011 rules

Blitzace137
11-22-2012, 04:14 PM

David stern messed up on the whole poison pill nonsense NYCguy is right Lin counts as 8.4 million on the rockets salary cap that's the only reason they were allowed to jack the third year up to 15. If we matched it would be 5,5,15. That is the whole point of the poison pill so big market teams are reluctant to pay the luxuary tax. Stern dropped the ball on this one we basically handed Lin over to Houston because of this rule.

phoenix_bladen
11-22-2012, 04:32 PM
The rule was suppose to be known as the Gilbert arenas rule

Back then teams could offer over the mid level exception to sign 2nd round free agents to an offer sheet so the original team won't be able to match their second round draft picks if they are over the cap like golden state was

But I guess back in those days they never thought that a poison pill scenario would appear until now

I think stern needs to somehow change this rule so that it won't be such a disadvantage for teams trying to match?

ThuglifeJ
11-22-2012, 05:10 PM
people actually thought he was good..?
come on were not kids anymore seeing Lin go hard was just humorous if anything.

Missing56&33
11-22-2012, 05:43 PM
Im not going to entertain this...Lin will only play at his very best as a. Knick....but hes gone now and I wish him luck.

KnickaBocka.44
11-22-2012, 06:21 PM

Actually that wasn't incorrect.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/l/linje01.html scroll down to the bottom to see his current contract.

Anji
11-22-2012, 11:47 PM

Dafuq is in your sig Man!!!!!!!!

Is Lin even paying up to a 5 million contract right now??LOL

koreancabbage
11-22-2012, 11:54 PM
Never been to Houston, so I wont say anything about that.

Are you implaying NYC is not a nice, desirable place to live? If so, you are very incorrect.

I would like to go to Houston though, hopefully work sends me there.

Houston is beautiful. Went there for work. too humid at times but nice and warm =)

nycericanguy
11-23-2012, 09:22 AM
Jeremy Lin agrees with this thread...

“I’ve been exposed a lot early on in the season and I have a lot to work on,’’ Lin said. “I’m young. I’ve probably started 30-something games my entire career. I felt better before [the surgery,] but it’s just a process. We have three days off after [tomorrow] and there’s going to be a lot of things I’m going to do for my leg, knee. Just explosive stuff we’re trying to work on. That will come eventually.

“It’s ironic that it’s Thanksgiving because it’s a good reminder to be thankful for everything I have,’’ Lin added. “I’m going to go out there on Friday and just play my heart out.’’

Gram
11-23-2012, 09:56 AM
Jeremy Lin.

mightybosstone
11-23-2012, 10:20 AM

This is just blatant ignorance. Lin has underperformed, but Harden is fourth in the league in scoring and has kept the Rockets afloat in games and Asik is playing unbelievable defense while grabbing 12 boards a night. And if you think $8 million a year is being player "like a superstar," then you've truly proven how little you know about the NBA.

KnIckFaN.2883
11-23-2012, 10:25 AM
Yo don't worry about DoMeFavors.He's like the skip bayless of PSD.Ignore him

I Rock Shaqs
11-23-2012, 12:16 PM
wHY DO PEOPLE EVEN CARE about him anymore lol Houston sucked before he got there and they suck now too.

heyman321
11-23-2012, 12:30 PM
wHY DO PEOPLE EVEN CARE about him anymore lol Houston sucked before he got there and they suck now too.

So knicks fans can feel better about themselves.

Cromedome
11-23-2012, 02:36 PM
Exposed!

B'sCeltsPatsSox
11-23-2012, 02:52 PM
Imagine if Houston kept Lowry? That would've been a fun team to watch.

Tony_Starks
11-23-2012, 09:26 PM
People are actually paying attention to him now. Remember last year when Miami decided to D him up he could barely get up the court without getting ripped.

He'd be a solid backup, that's about it........

JayW_1023
11-24-2012, 08:44 AM
He played pretty solid game. He is a legit starter. And people just hate now out of spite, which is pretty immature in my opinion.

nycericanguy
11-24-2012, 09:56 AM
He played pretty solid game. He is a legit starter. And people just hate now out of spite, which is pretty immature in my opinion.

he came into last nights game shooting 33%... thats not NBA starter material. Its a legit thread/topic... no ones "hating" him.

He had a decent game against NY, although he did have more TO's than assists on a night when HOU put up 131 points. but he's averaging 10ppg 6 assists and 3 to's while shooting 34% for $8.4m. those are not "legit starting pg" numbers.

funkybudda
11-24-2012, 11:44 AM
he came into last nights game shooting 33%... thats not NBA starter material. Its a legit thread/topic... no ones "hating" him.

He had a decent game against NY, although he did have more TO's than assists on a night when HOU put up 131 points. but he's averaging 10ppg 6 assists and 3 to's while shooting 34% for $8.4m. those are not "legit starting pg" numbers.

We can pick up this conversation again when this season is over, right now, you KNicks fan just sound like sore losers, Lin and ROckets put on one heck of a show and stomped the Knicks, deal with it.

BBallfan8
11-24-2012, 11:55 AM
We can pick up this conversation again when this season is over, right now, you KNicks fan just sound like sore losers, Lin and ROckets put on one heck of a show and stomped the Knicks, deal with it.

Did yiu watch the game? I didnt even notice Lin was on the Rockets for most of it... Knicks got embarassed, but lin had absolutely nothing to do with it.

knicksfan42
11-24-2012, 12:13 PM
Did yiu watch the game? I didnt even notice Lin was on the Rockets for most of it... Knicks got embarassed, but lin had absolutely nothing to do with it.

Yep. Lin did absolutely nothing. His stat line may look decent/average starter material, but you have to consider the fact that it was a huge blow out. They scored 131 points. Lin got 13, 3, 7, to go along with 4 TOs in a massive blowout. Not impressive at all. Though I guess at this point an average game for him stands out.

SouthSideRookie
11-24-2012, 12:35 PM

http://i.imgflip.com/6sxp.jpg

sep11ie
11-24-2012, 12:49 PM
This just in.

New York Knicks EXPOSED.

nycericanguy
11-24-2012, 01:05 PM

ok fine, we don't discuss how any players are doing or did until the year is over... might as well shut down the forum until then :rolleyes:

SouthSideRookie
11-24-2012, 02:55 PM
This just in.

New York Knicks EXPOSED.

They are undefeated versus the East and .500 against the West. The East is no bueno, again.

JC_
11-24-2012, 03:04 PM
This just in.

New York Knicks EXPOSED.

^^ Pretty much.

HYFR
11-24-2012, 03:05 PM
^^^ not this

alexander_37
11-24-2012, 03:51 PM

:eyebrow:

DoMeFavors
11-24-2012, 03:53 PM
Why have Knick fans suddenly turned their backs on Lin and Fields, the past 2 years I have heard that Fields is ROY and Lin is better than Deron. What you feel about them now is what every other fan felt about them the last 2 years and you were talking them up nonstop.

alexander_37
11-24-2012, 04:00 PM
Why have Knick fans suddenly turned their backs on Lin and Fields, the past 2 years I have heard that Fields is ROY and Lin is better than Deron. What you feel about them now is what every other fan felt about them the last 2 years and you were talking them up nonstop.

Maybe because they are huge homers.

knicksfan42
11-24-2012, 04:06 PM

Fields Rookie Year: 9.7 PPG, 6.4 RPG, 2 APG, 50% FG, 39% 3 Point %, 77% FT. Of course these were his numbers by the end of the year, during the season they were better at times. Good numbers for a rookie especially that year. All-Rookie 1st team. And you've only heard Fields ROY his rookie year, 1) because that's when he was eligible to win ROY, 2) Virtually every Knicks fan in the forums hated Fields last season.

Fields now: 2.4 PPG, 3 RPG, 1.6 APG, .208% fg, 0% 3PFG, 67% FT.

The same thing with Lin during Linsanity.

DoMeFavors
11-24-2012, 04:25 PM
Fields Rookie Year: 9.7 PPG, 6.4 RPG, 2 APG, 50% FG, 39% 3 Point %, 77% FT. Of course these were his numbers by the end of the year, during the season they were better at times. Good numbers for a rookie especially that year. All-Rookie 1st team. And you've only heard Fields ROY his rookie year, 1) because that's when he was eligible to win ROY, 2) Virtually every Knicks fan in the forums hated Fields last season.

Fields now: 2.4 PPG, 3 RPG, 1.6 APG, .208% fg, 0% 3PFG, 67% FT.

The same thing with Lin during Linsanity.

Fields was never great he was on a poor rebounding team, and he really didnt take jump shots he was mainly going to the basket. But he never struck me as being a good player, he was very overated. Lin only had like 9 good games and he was talked about in like 5 different Jeremy Lin threads for months. Now they are exposed they arent starters on good teams.

iam brett favre
11-24-2012, 04:28 PM
Did anyone really think he was going to be a star there? I doubt it. But I still think he will be a good starting PG for his time there.

Cromedome
11-24-2012, 09:16 PM
Houston got lucky they snagged Harden. Great pickup for them.

ColtsSpursTerps
11-27-2012, 10:07 PM
first three games as a starter scored 28 points, 23 points, and 38 points, this being the highest 3 game point total for a starter since the 1976 NBA and ABA merger
nah, no reason to believe
let's just continue bashing one of the greatest and most rare stories the nba has ever seen

GiantsSwaGG
11-27-2012, 10:11 PM
This just in.

New York Knicks EXPOSED.

:facepalm: and he gets banned :facepalm:

FOBolous
11-27-2012, 10:30 PM

Houston sucks? come again?

Blitzace137
11-27-2012, 11:16 PM
Houston sucks? come again?

you guys are a .500 team but fun too watch that's about it.

Blitzace137
11-27-2012, 11:18 PM
Lin 16 points 7-9 shooting 10 dimes. Not bad probably gained some confidence after playing his old team.

Gram
11-27-2012, 11:19 PM
:facepalm: and he gets banned :facepalm:

I would have rather you get banned, but we can't always get what we want.

GiantsSwaGG
11-27-2012, 11:42 PM
I would have rather you get banned, but we can't always get what we want.

Yeah, so enjoy not getting banned kid. Maybe my wish will come true one day!

GiantsSwaGG
11-27-2012, 11:43 PM
Houston sucks ball.

Fixed if you didn't get it the first time

FOBolous
11-27-2012, 11:47 PM
Fixed if you didn't get it the first time

wow. very clever. you want a trophy? or a cookie? or maybe a high 5? it's hilarious seeing all these NY fans still butt hurt about losing Jeremy Lin looking for every opportunity to knock on him and the Rockets. stop crying already and MOVE ON!

jmoney85
11-27-2012, 11:48 PM
wow. very clever. you want a trophy? or a cookie? or maybe a high 5? it's hilarious seeing all these NY fans still butt hurt about losing Jeremy Lin looking for every opportunity to knock on him and the Rockets. stop crying already and MOVE ON!

im not a knicks fan and lin sucks

is that better?

GiantsSwaGG
11-27-2012, 11:49 PM

We've moved on trust. And if you took your homershades off, you'd realize Knicks fans didn't start the thread. Either way he's overpaid and the Rockets stink.

Stop pull your skirt down kid!

GiantsSwaGG
11-27-2012, 11:50 PM
im not a knicks fan and lin sucks

is that better?

You're a ny fan. He will take offense

FOBolous
11-27-2012, 11:50 PM

since when are .500 teams considered bad? and for us to be a .500 team is an achievement in itself considering, beyond Lin and Harden...no one has heard of any other players on our team. everyone expected us do have a losing season and we're overachieving? we suck? not by any stretch of the imagination.

and really, you NYK fans needs to stop being so cocky. yall got where you are with your 3 pts shooting. yall are going to cool off eventually, fall back down to Earth, and be a .500 team too. just wait and see.

Guppyfighter
11-27-2012, 11:51 PM
Rockets are good.

alexander_37
11-27-2012, 11:51 PM

.500 as the youngest team in the league is fairly impressive no?

FOBolous
11-27-2012, 11:52 PM
We've moved on trust. And if you took your homershades off, you'd realize Knicks fans didn't start the thread. Either way he's overpaid and the Rockets stink.

Stop pull your skirt down kid!

yea Knicks fans didn't start the thread but they're the ones all butt hurt in the thread. seriously. man up and stop acting like pre-pubescent girls who just experienced their first break up.

GiantsSwaGG
11-27-2012, 11:54 PM
yea Knicks fans didn't start the thread but they're the ones all butt hurt in the thread. seriously. stop acting like a pre-pubescent girl who just experienced her first break up.

How are we butt hurt? We're a better team kid :facepalm:

Who cares as you can see many fans agree he's overpaid and overrated. Stoping acting like a female who just witness DMF penis!

alexander_37
11-27-2012, 11:57 PM

Who cares as you can see many fans agree he's overpaid and overrated. Stoping acting like a female who just witness DMF penis!

Who got blown out by the " crappy team" ? Lolololol

FOBolous
11-27-2012, 11:57 PM

you're butt hurt because you're acting like it. and you're a better team? not on November 23rd you weren't. and that game gives you a glimpse of how "good" NY really is when their 3 pts shooting cools off. we'll see how much "better" you are when your team's 3 pts shooting cools off forreal and yall fall back down to Earth and become a .500 team too like you should be.

GiantsSwaGG
11-28-2012, 12:01 AM
Who got blown out by the " crappy team" ? Lolololol

:facepalm: congrats

GiantsSwaGG
11-28-2012, 12:03 AM
you're butt hurt because you're acting like it. and you're a better team? not on November 23rd you weren't. and that game gives you a glimpse of how "good" NY really is when their 3 pts shooting cools off. we'll see how much "better" you are when your team's 3 pts shooting cools off forreal and yall fall back down to Earth and become a .500 team too like you should be.

Dude Idc about Lin lol. He doesn't fit the system. Congrats you won want a cookie?

FOBolous
11-28-2012, 12:04 AM
Dude Idc about Lin lol. He doesn't fit the system. Congrats you won want a cookie?

i was defending the Houston team as a whole against the cocky NYK fan who said "Houston sucks" :shrug:

Guppyfighter
11-28-2012, 12:13 AM
The Rockets future is much brighter than the Knicks future. That's for damn sure.

Munkeysuit
11-28-2012, 12:20 AM
I am willing to bet anything that Lin's marketable profile (and merch sales) was a huge reason why a contract like the one he has with Houston was even concocted. Little did Houston know that maybe the market there wasn't ready for "Linsanity" just yet, I mean you people do know that fans in NY loved him for more than just his game right? they fell in love with his story and then it all boiled over from there.
Sure the guy had a string of some pretty good games but it wasn't the fact that he was winning games, it was because he was Asian and he was unknown, raw, untested and then BOOM! there he was hitting game winning 3 pointers.
What I see in Houston is just a dude being brought back down to reality a bit, but I still think he has the talent to be a very good player, not an All Star, but a very good PG in this league for years to come.

rickshaw
11-28-2012, 12:23 AM

As a Nets fan, you are the expert on overpaid role players.

FOBolous
I am willing to bet anything that Lin's marketable profile (and merch sales) was a huge reason why a contract like the one he has with Houston was even concocted. Little did Houston know that maybe the market there wasn't ready for "Linsanity" just yet, I mean you people do know that fans in NY loved him for more than just his game right? they fell in love with his story and then it all boiled over from there.
Sure the guy had a string of some pretty good games but it wasn't the fact that he was winning games, it was because he was Asian and he was unknown, raw, untested and then BOOM! there he was hitting game winning 3 pointers.
What I see in Houston is just a dude being brought back down to reality a bit, but I still think he has the talent to be a very good player, not an All Star, but a very good PG in this league for years to come.

well he's making 5 mil/yr this year and next year before he makes 15 mil his 3rd year. obviously he's still young and have yet to reach his potential. with the way his contract is structured, he got himself 2 years to "reach his potential" before he's officially considered "overpaid."

Munkeysuit

James Harden is on the verge of superstardom already...

FOBolous
11-28-2012, 12:25 AM
James Harden is on the verge of superstardom already...

and Asik has 8 double doubles already and is 3rd in the league in rebounding...

Htownballa1622
11-28-2012, 12:49 AM
The Rockets future is much brighter than the Knicks future. That's for damn sure.

Well we have potential. We'll see how it turns out.

I definitely would rather "suck" now, than being NYK.

NYK might peak at never getting past the HEAT.

mightybosstone
11-28-2012, 01:18 AM
The idiotic Knicks fans ranting about how bad the Rockets are had better watch themselves or they're going to awake the beast in MBT. I will eat you all alive. And before I get some clever "Watch out, we've got a badass here" posts, you should know that I AM a badass. My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable, but unlike Mike Tyson, I will actually eat your children.

Seriously, just quit while you're behind Knicks' fans. You don't want to go toe-to-toe with this.

Gram
11-28-2012, 01:44 AM
Lol Knicks fans.

GRAM WILLIAMS and Gram=love are the only exceptions. <3

TeamSeattle
11-28-2012, 02:27 AM

there's still plenty of knicks fans who watch lin & rockets games, no gripe there.

LA_Raiders
11-28-2012, 03:38 AM
who?

jam
11-28-2012, 04:11 AM
who?

The dude with a 16 page thread that you just posted in. Passive aggressive much?

mightybosstone
11-28-2012, 10:01 AM
who?

The guy who scored 38 points against your Lakers last season and who currently plays on a team with a better record than the Lakers. I believe that's the guy the thread is referring to. ;)

GiantsSwaGG
11-28-2012, 10:11 AM

:laugh: :facepalm:

mightybosstone
11-28-2012, 10:29 AM
:laugh: :facepalm:

Why is that facepalm worthy? The Rockets have the youngest roster in the NBA with a ton of talent and are already playing .500 basketball despite all the confusion and turmoil at the start of the season. They also have a ridiculous amount of cap space over the next few seasons to sign at least one more star.

Meanwhile, the Knicks have more than $170 million tied up to three players over the next three years that are guaranteed to not bring them a championship and because they stupidly amnestied Chauncey Billups, they cannot amnesty Amare's abortion of a contract. Their roster is the oldest in the history of the NBA and they have only one player under the age of 27 to build on (Shumpert) and no likely lottery picks the next three seasons.

So please... Explain to me how the Knicks future is brighter than the Rockets.

Cromedome
11-28-2012, 11:12 AM
Who?

mightybosstone
11-28-2012, 11:14 AM
Who?

The guy whose team kicked your team's *** 131-103 last week. Remember that? Or is your short term memory as awful as your ability to argue NBA basketball?

Htownballa1622
11-28-2012, 11:20 AM
The guy who team kicked your team's *** 131-103 last week. Remember that? Or is your short term memory as awful as your ability to argue NBA basketball?

:laugh2: Mbt letting these Knicks fans have it.

Cromedome
11-28-2012, 11:27 AM
The guy who team kicked your team's *** 131-103 last week. Remember that? Or is your short term memory as awful as your ability to argue NBA basketball?

Who are you talking about? Chandler Parson or Harden? I don't remember "who" kicking the Knicks' *** last week.

Or is YOUR short term memory as awful as YOUR ability to "argue" NBA basketball? I'm not debating anything here....Lin sucks. No "argument" here.

Cromedome
11-28-2012, 11:27 AM
:laugh2: Mbt letting these Knicks fans have it.

LOL...if he was talking about Chandler Parson then he might actually be saying something.

mightybosstone
11-28-2012, 11:33 AM
Who are you talking about? Chandler Parson or Harden? I don't remember "who" kicking the Knicks' *** last week. Or is YOUR short term memory as awful as YOUR ability to "argue" NBA basketball? I'm not debating anything here....Lin sucks. No "argument" here.
He put up 13 points, 7 boards, 3 assists and a steal on .500 shooting. Not a great game by any means, but also not laughable. He's been admittedly a little inconsistent to start the season, but he's been better over the last week and it's way too early to say he "sucks" after only a 14-game sample size. The same Knicks fans who insist he's awful are the same fans who were claiming he was a superstar after only a 20-game sample size last season.

Is he a star? Definitely not. But I'm also not ready to say he "sucks" yet. Especially not after he's played quite well in the last couple of games.

Htownballa1622
11-28-2012, 11:34 AM
LOL...if he was talking about Chandler Parson then he might actually be saying something.

He clearly says the guy who's TEAM.

Chandler had 31. Not 131.

nycericanguy
11-28-2012, 11:39 AM
Why is that facepalm worthy? The Rockets have the youngest roster in the NBA with a ton of talent and are already playing .500 basketball despite all the confusion and turmoil at the start of the season. They also have a ridiculous amount of cap space over the next few seasons to sign at least one more star.

Meanwhile, the Knicks have more than $170 million tied up to three players over the next three years that are guaranteed to not bring them a championship and because they stupidly amnestied Chauncey Billups, they cannot amnesty Amare's abortion of a contract. Their roster is the oldest in the history of the NBA and they have only one player under the age of 27 to build on (Shumpert) and no likely lottery picks the next three seasons.

So please... Explain to me how the Knicks future is brighter than the Rockets.

you always come across so angry in your posts... why so much hate?

Guaranteed not to win a chip? really? Aside from MIA, is there any team in the EAST thats really clearly better? Was MIA not clearly better than DAL? All it takes is an injury or two.

And of course NY won't have a lotto pick... what does that have to do with anything? Good teams aren't usually in the lottery you know...:rolleyes:

BTW no amnesty on Billips means no Tyson.

Da Knicks
11-28-2012, 11:57 AM

Guaranteed not to win a chip? really? Aside from MIA, is there any team in the EAST thats really clearly better? Was MIA not clearly better than DAL? All it takes is an injury or two.

And of course NY won't have a lotto pick... what does that have to do with anything? Good teams aren't usually in the lottery you know...:rolleyes:

NYCERICANGUY LETTIN EM HAVE IT! :clap:

mightybosstone
11-28-2012, 11:59 AM
Because the Rockets forums and the general NBA forums have been bombarded over the last few months by ignorant, arrogant Knicks fans talking crap about my favorite franchise and I've lost my patience for it. This guy in particular has proven his blatant ignorance this morning, and it's fairly obvious that most people talking **** have no grounds to stand on.

Fair enough. I'll change my original statement to "The Knicks are guaranteed to not win a championship barring a catastrophic injury to Lebron James or Chris Bosh." Although I'm not sure they'll even get to the Eastern Conference Finals the way they've played over the last week. They're undoubtedly a top four seed, but they don't have enough scoring threats to keep up with a deeper team. And their defense was supposed to be their strength, but it's been gashed way too much lately.

But that's my point. In three years, the Knicks will have no players, no assets and no picks to build on. They'll have to hope and pray that Melo (assuming he's still a top 15-20 guy) will re-sign and then hope that there are other superstars available willing to come to New York. Basically, my point is that the Rockets future right now is infinitely brighter than the Knicks.

I'm aware of this, but it also means you're stuck with Amare's contract for three years unless the Lakers are dumb enough to trade for him. His contract will directly kill any chances the Knicks have of winning a title over these three years unless he miraculously wakes up and returns to his play from his first season in New York (he'll never be as good as he was in Phoenix).

nycericanguy
11-28-2012, 12:13 PM
Because the Rockets forums and the general NBA forums have been bombarded over the last few months by ignorant, arrogant Knicks fans talking crap about my favorite franchise and I've lost my patience for it. This guy in particular has proven his blatant ignorance this morning, and it's fairly obvious that most people talking **** have no grounds to stand on.

NYC is the biggest city in the US, hence there will be more trolls from NY... If you're going to let that make you angry, you're going to be a very angry person.

Fair enough. I'll change my original statement to "The Knicks are guaranteed to not win a championship barring a catastrophic injury to Lebron James or Chris Bosh." Although I'm not sure they'll even get to the Eastern Conference Finals the way they've played over the last week. They're undoubtedly a top four seed, but they don't have enough scoring threats to keep up with a deeper team. And their defense was supposed to be their strength, but it's been gashed way too much lately.

Even without injuries to MIA, NY has as good a shot as anyone from the East to beat MIA right now, and thats all you can ask for.

But that's my point. In three years, the Knicks will have no players, no assets and no picks to build on. They'll have to hope and pray that Melo (assuming he's still a top 15-20 guy) will re-sign and then hope that there are other superstars available willing to come to New York. Basically, my point is that the Rockets future right now is infinitely brighter than the Knicks.

In 3 years NY can resign Melo, Shump and have TONS of cap space. Aside from their 2014 pick to DEN, NY has all their picks. Chandler will be 32 and can probably be resigned to a reasonable deal. They will have TONS of flexibility. And you can pretty much say that about all the good teams... What picks or prospects does MIA have? OKC is really the only elite team that is setup long term.

I'm aware of this, but it also means you're stuck with Amare's contract for three years unless the Lakers are dumb enough to trade for him. His contract will directly kill any chances the Knicks have of winning a title over these three years unless he miraculously wakes up and returns to his play from his first season in New York (he'll never be as good as he was in Phoenix).

ehh Amare is overpaid, but at the end of the day, does it really matter if he's making $10m or $20m? Even if you take his contract off the books alltogether NY is still over the cap so he's not stopping us from signing anyone. The important thing is he expires in 2015 with everyone else.

People get too caught up in flexibility and cap space and draft picks. All that stuff is great, but at the end of the day don't you want to win and be in the playoffs and be one of the few teams that can challenge MIA? NY is in that position, and should be for the next 2-3 years, so why trash them?

alexander_37
11-28-2012, 02:35 PM
MBS makes some really good points. The Knicks mortgaged their future in the draft and free agency for Amar'e and Melo. I don't see them getting near a championship with that lineup. After they go the Knicks are left with nothing really.

Blitzace137
11-28-2012, 03:28 PM
MBS makes some really good points. The Knicks mortgaged their future in the draft and free agency for Amar'e and Melo. I don't see them getting near a championship with that lineup. After they go the Knicks are left with nothing really.

We will have cap space were not a small market team.

D-Leethal
11-28-2012, 03:38 PM
Having a bright future is overrated. Teams like the Wolves, Dubs, Wizards and Kings have had bright futures for years and years and don't do **** with it.

Knicks core over the next 3 years has a way better chance of finding a way to win a title than a team built around James Harden, Jeremy Lin, and Omer Asik do. You guys are the Nuggets of the East except you actually have a legit #2 option.

Good luck finding a #1.

mightybosstone
11-28-2012, 03:49 PM
We will have cap space were not a small market team.
Except the Knicks won't have cap space for three years. At all.

Having a bright future is overrated. Teams like the Wolves, Dubs, Wizards and Kings have had bright futures for years and years and don't do **** with it.
I disagree. Those teams have drafted players with potential, but many of them have not panned out. The Rockets acquired a young, budding star that they knew was already great, as well a signing other players who have proven themselves to some extent at the NBA level.

Knicks core over the next 3 years has a way better chance of finding a way to win a title than a team built around James Harden, Jeremy Lin, and Omer Asik do.
Perhaps, but the Rockets have the cap space to add another star and the Knicks do not. Also, Houston is only going to get better while the Knicks are only going to get worst. We're talking about the youngest team in the league versus the oldest team in NBA history. And the younger team just got done mopping the floor with the older team last week.

You guys are the Nuggets of the East except you actually have a legit #2 option.
C'mon, dude. The Rockets are a Western Conference team, and you ought to know that if you're a Knicks fan since they aren't your squad's conference and the Rockets played the Knicks in the 93-94 Finals. That's just basic knowledge that even the most casual NBA fan should know.

Good luck finding a #1.
Why isn't Harden a No. 1? He's fifth in the NBA in scoring, 16th in PER, 8th in USG%, 11th in WS and 20th in WS/48. That sounds like a No. 1 caliber NBA player to me...

SouthSideRookie
11-28-2012, 03:57 PM

Knicks core over the next 3 years has a way better chance of finding a way to win a title than a team built around James Harden, Jeremy Lin, and Omer Asik do. You guys are the Nuggets of the East except you actually have a legit #2 option.

Good luck finding a #1.

except you're failing to realize that Morey knows this and is the reason why he refuses to tank.

Knicks can keep playing well in the regular season in a very poor conference but until they prove they can beat the elite teams in the playoffs it won't matter. We heard it all last season as the playoffs were emerging on how the Knicks would suprise the Heat due to the strong finish NY had record-wise. Again this season, Knicks start compiling w's and people have them as the best in the league. Ask Utah, Phoenix or a team like the Sonics who wound up with number one seeds but kept running into Jordan or Dream.

Good luck trying to get past a once in a generation type player, again.

GiantsSwaGG
11-28-2012, 03:59 PM

He's a homer. They tend to get like that

ewing
I was hoping i'd get to see Jeremy Lin "exposed" :(

GiantsSwaGG

Good luck finding a #1.

School em D