PDA

View Full Version : Great Read on Zach Randolph

TyrionLannister
11-19-2012, 07:33 PM
http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/8636572/the-controversial-life-career-memphis-grizzlies-zach-randolph

Pretty crazy how much his career outlook has changed over the years.

shep33
11-19-2012, 07:48 PM
Was going to post this, Grantland articles are wicked

Yankeefan213
11-19-2012, 08:00 PM
Not about to read a novel... Anyone care to summarize?

JasonJohnHorn
11-19-2012, 08:15 PM
Fawk that was long. Would have liked to see more about his timein NY. I remember when he was traded to clear cap-space for chasing Bosh he was like: I'm better than Bosh. I loved it! lol. I honestly think NY might have been better off keeping either Z-Bo or Lee instead of getting Amare. Might.

Matrix3132
11-19-2012, 08:17 PM

It would probably take you a few hours to read a paragraph so what's the point?

JasonJohnHorn
11-19-2012, 08:18 PM

He was poor (so poor he had to wear the same pair of jeans to school every day, and got cuaght shop lifting a pair at Wal-Mart) and he fell in with the wrong crowd when he was young. Then went to college for a year and ended up in Portland where he continued to hang out with the wrong crowd and get in trouble and was immature and white people in Portland can't relate to poor black kids who want to celebrate when they can finally take their moms and friends out the hood. And then he ended up in Memphis (after a pit stop in NY which isn't really dicussed much) and now he's matured and he's had a good heart all along, he was just a little naive. And he's a hard worker with natural talent even if he doesn't have that natural athleticism that some other players have. And the future is bright and he gets paid A LOT!!

Baller1
11-19-2012, 08:33 PM
Man, that **** was long. Glad I read it, I'm happy for Zach and I'm rooting for him to one day make the Hall of Fame.

Ebbs
11-19-2012, 08:33 PM
Long but worth it.

Clippersfan86
11-19-2012, 08:39 PM
Man, that **** was long. Glad I read it, I'm happy for Zach and I'm rooting for him to one day make the Hall of Fame.

If similar-ish guys like Elton Brand and Shareef won't get in HOF despite having better peaks and actually playing defense, Zach has no chance. Sure I love his old school mentality but dude is what 31 or 32 now? He's going to be on the decline in two years or so... and didn't do anything too meaningful in his career.

JasonJohnHorn
11-19-2012, 08:48 PM
If similar-ish guys like Elton Brand and Shareef won't get in HOF despite having better peaks and actually playing defense, Zach has no chance. Sure I love his old school mentality but dude is what 31 or 32 now? He's going to be on the decline in two years or so... and didn't do anything too meaningful in his career.

He's not a big man who relies on speed or athleticism. His style of game is designed to last. He'll have an old-timers d!ck. I think the level he is playing at now can be maintained for another five years at least if he's given shots. The thing is with guys like Z-Bo, teams often look to develop younger talent rather than ride the shoulders of an older player, so guys like Gay and Gasol will be getting more shots as Z-Bo gets older. But he's like Moses. If you give him the rock, he'll score. And he'll work the glass regardless.

I can see Z-bo playing til 40 easily.

StarvingKnick22
11-19-2012, 08:51 PM
Please for the Love of All THAT IS HERE AND NOT HERE STOP SAYING "GOOD READ"

Blitzbolt
11-19-2012, 09:01 PM
ZBO pretty much turn Memphis around after the Pau Trade when he got here he was the only Old player Gasol Rudy Conley and Mayo were all Young and ZBO and Tony Allen turn the team around and Help the young guys develop.

mzgrizz
11-19-2012, 10:37 PM
http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/8636572/the-controversial-life-career-memphis-grizzlies-zach-randolph

Pretty crazy how much his career outlook has changed over the years.

Thanks so much for posting this article. He has really turned his life around here and Memphis absolutely loves ZBo. He fits in beautifully with this team; has been a model citizen here and he's posting great numbers in the early season.
This isn't a good read, it's a GREAT read.

greg_ory_2005
11-19-2012, 10:42 PM
Two zbo threads in a row! :clap:

mzgrizz
11-19-2012, 10:45 PM
Two zbo threads in a row! :clap:

:clap::clap: :cheers:

Hawkeye15
11-19-2012, 11:00 PM
It took a long time for him to realize that the name on the front of the jersey was more important. I am glad he did, I think he has been an excellent player the last 4 seasons (including this one).

mzgrizz
11-19-2012, 11:09 PM
It took a long time for him to realize that the name on the front of the jersey was more important. I am glad he did, I think he has been an excellent player the last 4 seasons (including this one).

:hi5:

Jint.
11-19-2012, 11:11 PM
Long but worth it.

thats what she said

JNA17
11-19-2012, 11:17 PM
Really good read. I even made a Zach Randolph thread myself. Yay for PSD love for Zach! XD

Chronz
11-20-2012, 12:07 AM
Shareef?